PDA

View Full Version : Will Wade's Heat actually be better than LeBron's CAVS next season for 2014-15?

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Rosters as of now:

Heat

Coach: Spoelstra

PG: Chalmers/Cole/Napier
SG: Wade
SF: Deng/Granger/Ennis
PF: McRoberts/Haslem
C: Bosh/Anderson/Hamilton

CAVS

Coach: Blatt

PG: Irving/Dellavadova
SG: Wiggins/Waiters/Felix/Harris
SF: James/Miller/Jones/Bennett
PF: Thompson/Powell
C: Varejao/Haywood

goingfor28
07-21-2014, 05:27 PM
No chance

ManRam
07-21-2014, 05:30 PM
He's got more help for sure, but he's a fraction of the player LeBron is at this point...and there's the whole playing only 60 games a year thing too.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, however. LeBron has more talent in Cleveland now than he did before, but most of it is so damn young and inexperienced. Experience is certainly something the Heat don't lack. I don't think a lot separates the two teams, but the Cavs being younger and fresher will certainly lead to more wins.

Also, I see Bosh stepping up and leading that team. I think he'll be their best player, not Wade.

Iron24th
07-21-2014, 05:36 PM
This is a possibility

Both teams will be top 4 in the east anyway

Bostonjorge
07-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Wade vs James James is better easily

Bosh vs Irving Irving is better and impacts game more
Deng vs wiggins wiggins by

ghettosean
07-21-2014, 05:37 PM
He's got more help for sure, but he's a fraction of the player LeBron is at this point...and there's the whole playing only 60 games a year thing too.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, however. LeBron has more talent in Cleveland now than he did before, but most of it is so damn young and inexperienced. Experience is certainly something the Heat don't lack. I don't think a lot separates the two teams, but the Cavs being younger and fresher will certainly lead to more wins.

Also, I see Bosh stepping up and leading that team. I think he'll be their best player, not Wade.

I agree with this everyone severely underestimates Bosh.

xnick5757
07-21-2014, 05:39 PM

Lebron is pretty clearly better then Wade at this point, no contest.

But Bosh is a much better 2 way player then Irving right now, and I have no idea how you can say wiggins will be better then deng this year when Wiggins hasn't proven anything yet

Hawkeye15
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Wade has a better cast, but he won't be his teams best player in all likelihood, his body is quitting fast. He has rested a ton the last year and a half, and still mostly looked like crap as the season progressed.

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 05:40 PM

That's not how basketball works. It's a team oriented and depth game with the right amount of top heavy talent to mid-tier talent.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2014, 05:42 PM
I expect it to be close for the reasons manram stated

bucketss
07-21-2014, 05:44 PM
depends if bosh picks up his big boy pants.

Bostonjorge
07-21-2014, 05:45 PM
James has more help in Cleveland easily. I mean jordan or Chamberlin couldn't have won with Miami last year. Ask any James fan they will tell u.

abe_froman
07-21-2014, 05:47 PM
think cavs will be better.

lebron took teams with less to 60 wins,and who knows how many games wade will play

B'sCeltsPatsSox
I feel like the Heat's offense is gonna take a much bigger hit than people expect. Just based on the stat sheets alone, LeBron was involved on average of at least 39 PPG based on PPG and APG. Replace him with Deng who is a woeful match next to Wade offensively and that offense could be pretty bad.

Cal827
depends if bosh picks up his big boy pants.

It wouldn't really surprise me if it happens, but I have Cleveland being a little bit better than Miami.

Also, it's funny watching the people overrating the Cavs as of right now. I know Lebron is the best player in the League, but I think I might be the only one who thinks that they likely don't get past the second round with their current roster This Year.

Vee-Rex
07-21-2014, 05:49 PM
In terms of overall team talent they're pretty close. As for who will be the better team... I think it'll be the Cavs by a substantial margin. LBJ is head and shoulders above anyone on both teams and has more impact on the game than any other player in the league right now.

To answer the question... no, Wade/Bosh's Heat won't be better than the Cavs. But if you look at them 'player-by-player' then it's hard to say which looks better.

Edit: grammerz

Tony_Starks
07-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Miami. I expect Kyries numbers to take a dip. It's not easy going from primary ball handler to playing off the ball. Their success will depend on how long it takes him to adjust...

chi-townlove1
07-21-2014, 06:17 PM
No idea the hatred for Cleveland. Still some sour grapes since he left Miami or something? I will never understand the hate towards Kyrie. He's inexperienced, big deal. Do you all not realize Lebron instantly makes every player on that team better. Instantly. Kyrie was already an all star and I think he is going to SHINE with Lebron. No longer does he have to carry time and time again. I believe wiggins is going to phenomenal, and will be the 3rd option on a great team. Going out on a limb and saying that Cleveland will be at least 10 games better than Miami

JEDean89
07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
who is running the heat's offense this year? napier? chalmers? bosh can be an MVP candidate if he gets a pass first pg like rondo, with chalmers, the heat are a 52 win team and quarter final losers.

beasted86
07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Whichever team plays better defense will have the better record. Right now to me the HEAT look like the better defensive team on paper, but do much is up in the air with both teams.

HEAT struggled last year because their defense was especially putrid to start the year. You simply don't outscore teams in the East like you can in the West.

ManRam
07-21-2014, 07:09 PM
I feel like the Heat's offense is gonna take a much bigger hit than people expect. Just based on the stat sheets alone, LeBron was involved on average of at least 39 PPG based on PPG and APG. Replace him with Deng who is a woeful match next to Wade offensively and that offense could be pretty bad.

LeBron was more or less their PG. Chalmers and Cole aren't play-makers. It's gonna be an interesting transition. Not sure there's gonna be enough shooting on the court either. I'm not sure how the offense doesn't fall off a cliff. They'll have to lean on their defense, which isn't an impossible task at all.

RateSports
07-21-2014, 08:39 PM
OP needs to put the green down

3ballbomber
07-21-2014, 09:02 PM
IQ check in isle 3 please.

ManRam
07-21-2014, 09:12 PM

He's already gearing up for the "LeBron's team is sooooo stacked!" argument. Let him be!

3ballbomber
07-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Miami has one of the most important things over the Cavs and that's experience, by a long mile. This will definitely bode well for Miami come playoff time. But Miami will again lack rebounding & playmaking. Miami's depth is also very weak, unless Granger is going to have an outstanding season.

Cavs have the talent & depth over Miami but they are comprised of alot of young cats, who will be like deer in headlights come playoffs time. Spite of all that talent they won't be able to overcome that factor come the playoffs and spite of having Lebron.

Coaching wise, spite of what some may say about Spo he is the experienced one here. Cavs new coach is still yet to coach his first NBA game. I understand also he has a history of being harsh to players if they speak out of line, don't listen or are insubordinate - this may not bode well for a Lebron, who likes to freelance very often and make his own calls. I would have to give the advantage to Miami. Spo is also defensive minded coach, not too sure what new Cavs coach preaches.

Miami will also be playing w/ a chip on their shoulders. I'd say w/ everything said they are close to even, but i give the advantage to the Cavs, simply because they are stacked w/ talent. If Riley can somehow, miraculously sign a legit PG & Center then i give it to Miami. As of right now, it's hard to tell who will come out the better team. but right now, on paper.....Cavs.

AddiX
07-21-2014, 09:45 PM
I almost said yes, than realized Chalmers is actually being expected to run the offense.

So... no..

Chi StateOfMind
07-21-2014, 09:47 PM
HEAT have done a nice job recovering from losing LBJ. They easily could of folded and went into rebuild mode but when its all said and done the Cavs will have a better record. Wade is a question mark on his health but I do think he will come into the season with a chip on his shoulder. I predict Miami to be a top 5 seed and win around 47-54 mark. Cavs will be a top 3 seed and win around 55-60 games.

Definitely looking forward to the 2014-15 season.

WadeKobe
07-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Cleveland is definitely better than Miami, if on LeBron alone.

I do think the entire cast in CLE is a bit better and younger overall, as well.

Kiko_Has_Faith
07-21-2014, 11:34 PM

SMH

Your comparisons shouldn't even be compared

An vet offensive big man (Bosh) that for the last 3 yrs, has sacrificed soo much of his game and has been extremely undervalued. Your comparing him to young offensive minded point guard (Irving).

Your also comparing a defensive minded veteran (Deng), to an offensive minded 19 yr old that can be great but has shown nothing.

bucketss
07-21-2014, 11:41 PM
SMH

Your comparisons shouldn't even be compared

An vet offensive big man (Bosh) that for the last 3 yrs, has sacrificed soo much of his game and has been extremely undervalued. Your comparing him to young offensive minded point guard (Irving).

Your also comparing a defensive minded veteran (Deng), to an offensive minded 19 yr old that can be great but has shown nothing.

wiggins is more known for his defense at this point, hes still pretty raw on offense.

LA_Raiders
07-21-2014, 11:47 PM
At this point wade, deng, bosh are better than Irving, wiggins, Leflop. Wiggs is too raw.

Kiko_Has_Faith
07-21-2014, 11:49 PM
This is a very difficult question. There are numerous question marks on both teams.

Can Wade carry the load?

Wade is the starter on Miami that needs to run the offense. Bosh plays off the ball, Deng plays off the ball, and chalmers is chalmers.

Now on the other hand, Lebron needs the ball in his hands, so does Wiggins, and so does Irving. The trio of Lebron/wade/bosh worked great because lebron needs the ball, again, bosh plays off the ball, and wade is soft enough to give up the ball.

Can Cleveland mesh?

Can bosh return to Toronto form?

Can Wade produce a fraction of what he used to?

Can Deng return to Chicago form?

Can wiggins become something great playing alongside LeBron?

Who will run the Cleveland offense?

Im hoping Miami can be better though lol

Kiko_Has_Faith
07-21-2014, 11:54 PM
wiggins is more known for his defense at this point, hes still pretty raw on offense.

Really? Lol my bad, tough to scout a high schooler from my couch.

Chronz
07-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Whichever team plays better defense will have the better record. Right now to me the HEAT look like the better defensive team on paper, but do much is up in the air with both teams.

HEAT struggled last year because their defense was especially putrid to start the year. You simply don't outscore teams in the East like you can in the West.

LOL. Eastern teams couldn't outscore Western teams if they tried. Which makes the Heats defensive struggles last year doubly worrisome. They played vs some truly abysmal offenses and still couldn't stop them

FlashBolt
07-22-2014, 12:39 AM
This is just reaching. For one, who is going to handle the ball? Chalmers? If not Chalmers, the only other situation is Deng or Wade and I don't think their spacing will work enough for those.. wait, no more three pointers? This team no longer will rely on threes and them signing McRoberts might've been a mistake right now. That floor spacing idea worked with Bron, not with a broken down Wade and a Bosh who won't get those easy looks because of LeBron's missing presence. All in all, you have a team who I think will be the third best team in the league right behind the Bulls. I still have Miami making it to the NBA ECF against Cleveland. I think they have the championship experience to get there.. but Cleveland is just a mile above everyone in the East. They have LeBron, Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Varejao, Bennett (Who is still far from being a bust. He is definitely capable of averaging 10/5). You also have a coach who has won countless times in Euro basketball and has won so many times there he's basically the Popovich of Euro basketball. Miami loses their identity without Bron. They will have to adjust more-so than James having to adjust.

Iron24th
07-22-2014, 01:03 AM

LOL like your sig

Vinny642
07-22-2014, 01:19 AM
This site overrates Wade a lot wow

NBAfan4life
07-22-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm really interested to see how much Bosh sacrificed. I don't think it is as much as most Mia fans think. I'm going with Cleveland.

FlashBolt
07-22-2014, 01:49 AM
I'm really interested to see how much Bosh sacrificed. I don't think it is as much as most Mia fans think. I'm going with Cleveland.

I can't laugh but think that some people think he's a top 10 player. He's a top 20 if given the opportunity but am I the only one who watched him play last season? He gets boxed out on boards, doesn't really grind it in the paint despite being their "best" center, and he got outrebounded by Chris Andersen. I'm not seeing his nonexistent greatness. He can play but he's just not that type of player who can turn you into an elite team. He's a third option in a championship team.. that's a fact. He's not going to stand there shooting threes so I expect him to be more of an offensive threat but we saw it last year. He can't do it 1on1 against legitimate front courts and he certainly won't be able to carry them when Wade is down and Deng is having a bad game. It's over at that point.

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 01:56 AM
This is just reaching. For one, who is going to handle the ball? Chalmers? If not Chalmers, the only other situation is Deng or Wade and I don't think their spacing will work enough for those.. wait, no more three pointers? This team no longer will rely on threes and them signing McRoberts might've been a mistake right now. That floor spacing idea worked with Bron, not with a broken down Wade and a Bosh who won't get those easy looks because of LeBron's missing presence. All in all, you have a team who I think will be the third best team in the league right behind the Bulls. I still have Miami making it to the NBA ECF against Cleveland. I think they have the championship experience to get there.. but Cleveland is just a mile above everyone in the East. They have LeBron, Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Varejao, Bennett (Who is still far from being a bust. He is definitely capable of averaging 10/5). You also have a coach who has won countless times in Euro basketball and has won so many times there he's basically the Popovich of Euro basketball. Miami loses their identity without Bron. They will have to adjust more-so than James having to adjust.

your crazy the bulls wiz indy are all hands down better then mia no way they beat any of those teams in the playoffs

FlashBolt
07-22-2014, 02:08 AM
your crazy the bulls wiz indy are all hands down better then mia no way they beat any of those teams in the playoffs

Can you tell me who wins the 2018 World Cup?

A lineup of

Bosh
Wade
McRoberts
Deng
Chalmers

is more than capable of making it to the ECF.. In reality, Miami just traded James for McRoberts, Deng, and Granger. They lost a lot but let's stop pretending that they are a borderline playoff team like the Knicks.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 03:37 AM
It wouldn't really surprise me if it happens, but I have Cleveland being a little bit better than Miami.

Also, it's funny watching the people overrating the Cavs as of right now. I know Lebron is the best player in the League, but I think I might be the only one who thinks that they likely don't get past the second round with their current roster This Year.

Yeah, no way. I don't want them to acquire Love. With there roster as is they win the east for sure.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 03:39 AM
No idea the hatred for Cleveland. Still some sour grapes since he left Miami or something? I will never understand the hate towards Kyrie. He's inexperienced, big deal. Do you all not realize Lebron instantly makes every player on that team better. Instantly. Kyrie was already an all star and I think he is going to SHINE with Lebron. No longer does he have to carry time and time again. I believe wiggins is going to phenomenal, and will be the 3rd option on a great team. Going out on a limb and saying that Cleveland will be at least 10 games better than Miami

Easily

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 03:43 AM

I would be beyond surprised if the Heat get 50 wins. I see them more in the 44-47 range at best. I could also see them in the high 30's. I really expect a bad year from them. We shall see.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 03:53 AM

I know, people overrating Miami tough right now.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2014, 03:56 AM
Bosh ' Heat

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2014, 03:58 AM
Depends on the Cavs next year. If they don't trade for Love, I can see Bosh's Heat being better.

beasted86
07-22-2014, 04:13 AM
LOL. Eastern teams couldn't outscore Western teams if they tried. Which makes the Heats defensive struggles last year doubly worrisome. They played vs some truly abysmal offenses and still couldn't stop them

What does anything you just said have anything to do with what I said or either team going forward? If you just want to hear yourself talk, feel free to, but there's no need to quote my post.

The Pacers offense was putrid and they grabbed the 1st seed, the Bulls with one of the most inept offenses and bench scoring finished with the 4th seed. The HEAT with the most efficient offense in NBA history as far as eFG% struggled their way into the 2nd seed. Defense simply wins in the East, you aren't going to be terrible defensively and win. The pace difference between West and East teams is caused directly by the defensive style. Top East teams won't allow you to run up the score and "outscore"them every night, because they will use their defense and time of possession on offense to a point where they are always within striking distance.

I don't see either team as efficient offensively as last year's HEAT, so how each of the two teams come together defensively will play the biggest factor. HEAT have more veteran players and chemistry within this defensive system. Cavs have a new coach and system to learn. They will also lean heavily on Varejao defensively and rebounding who has been anything but healthy the last couple years. They traded Zeller and picked up Haywood who didn't even play last year because of injury. Their defense seems to have more question marks than the HEAT.

punkz
07-22-2014, 04:39 AM
Due to the number of games Wade will sit out because of his health, I gotta say the Cavs have the edge.

Let's say Wade plays 60 games and sits out 22 games.

Considering Heat's winning percentage last year with James was 66%, let's say for the upcoming year, Heat's winning percentage when Wade plays is 63% (generous) and in the games he misses 50% (again quite a generous assumption). Then Miami's win total will roughly come out to 48 games.

Since it's very likely that the Cavs will finish with more than 50 wins, edge Cavs.

punkz
07-22-2014, 05:02 AM
What does anything you just said have anything to do with what I said or either team going forward? If you just want to hear yourself talk, feel free to, but there's no need to quote my post.

The Pacers offense was putrid and they grabbed the 1st seed, the Bulls with one of the most inept offenses and bench scoring finished with the 4th seed. The HEAT with the most efficient offense in NBA history as far as eFG% struggled their way into the 2nd seed. Defense simply wins in the East, you aren't going to be terrible defensively and win. The pace difference between West and East teams is caused directly by the defensive style. Top East teams won't allow you to run up the score and "outscore"them every night, because they will use their defense and time of possession on offense to a point where they are always within striking distance.

I don't see either team as efficient offensively as last year's HEAT, so how each of the two teams come together defensively will play the biggest factor. HEAT have more veteran players and chemistry within this defensive system. Cavs have a new coach and system to learn. They will also lean heavily on Varejao defensively and rebounding who has been anything but healthy the last couple years. They traded Zeller and picked up Haywood who didn't even play last year because of injury. Their defense seems to have more question marks than the HEAT.

Next year's Heat will not be last year's Heat tho. Offensive efficiency will take a huge drop and this will also result in drop in defensive efficiency because efficient offensive helps the defense to setup their half court D. For the Cavs, their offensive efficiency will undoubtly improve with the addition of James and with that, plus James being one of premier defenders in the league, I expect Cavs' defensive efficiency to improve by a ton.

I really wish Miami does well next year and show the world that their previous 4-year success has been due to team performance rather than Lebron.

But you just can't underestimate the impact of Lebron. 4 years ago, before Lebron left the Cavs, Cavs were a 61-win team and a 66-win team season before. After Lebron left? They won 19 games. Not saying the same drop in record will happen for Miami because Miami without Lebron is still a respectable team, but to expect similar level of performance as last year is a pipe dream.

JLeBeau76
07-22-2014, 05:10 AM
I expect the Heat to come out motivated and finish the first half of the season neck and neck with the Cavs.

However, I also expect a second half fade due to age and injury for Miami with them finishing around the 5-7 seed area where the Cavs will finish top 3.

beasted86
07-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Next year's Heat will not be last year's Heat tho. Offensive efficiency will take a huge drop and this will also result in drop in defensive efficiency because efficient offensive helps the defense to setup their half court D. For the Cavs, their offensive efficiency will undoubtly improve with the addition of James and with that, plus James being one of premier defenders in the league, I expect Cavs' defensive efficiency to improve by a ton.

I really wish Miami does well next year and show the world that their previous 4-year success has been due to team performance rather than Lebron.

But you just can't underestimate the impact of Lebron. 4 years ago, before Lebron left the Cavs, Cavs were a 61-win team and a 66-win team season before. After Lebron left? They won 19 games. Not saying the same drop in record will happen for Miami because Miami without Lebron is still a respectable team, but to expect similar level of performance as last year is a pipe dream.

Well I've already detailed this. When Miami added LeBron, Bosh and others 4 years ago, their offense skyrocketed, but their defense only improved one ranking spot...end result was a 10 game record improvement over the previous year's HEAT team.

Cavs defense fell off a cliff and so did their wins following LeBron leaving.

Defense is what wins in the East, and I'm fairly confident the HEAT improve from last year based on our additions. Based on last year everyone seems worried about how many games Wade will play, but I'm not sure people seem to understand just how injury prone Varejao is, and how terrible their front line is behind him.

As I'll repeat, a lot of things are up in the air with both teams, but on paper Miami looks better defensively, and in the event A.V. goes down, Cavs are looking like a 15-18 defense type team on paper. Aside from trying to add Love, they need to be looking into a real backup center, and not rely on a 35 year old coming off a year he didn't play. Thompson playing the 5 last couple years has been a big contributor to how bad their defense was. You don't want to have to rely on that again.

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Can you tell me who wins the 2018 World Cup?

A lineup of

Bosh
Wade
McRoberts
Deng
Chalmers
is more than capable of making it to the ECF.. In reality, Miami just traded James for McRoberts, Deng, and Granger. They lost a lot but let's stop pretending that they are a borderline playoff team like the Knicks.

:laugh: your kidding right I think the bulls without rose could beat that lineup and don't forget the wiz almost beat the heat with lbj and the pacers are the heat biggest problem bcuz of hibbert they have nobody to stop him

lmao my knicks have nothing to do with this im not screaming my teams a contender I think we will surprise a lot of people this year but we just resigned melo and have a shot at love or gasol im good either way but to think wade bosh deng can even be a top 5 seed is crazy their not even winning their own division :facepalm:

beasted86
07-22-2014, 05:32 AM
:laugh: your kidding right I think the bulls without rose could beat that lineup and don't forget the wiz almost beat the heat with lbj and the pacers are the heat biggest problem bcuz of hibbert they have nobody to stop him

lmao my knicks have nothing to do with this im not screaming my teams a contender I think we will surprise a lot of people this year but we just resigned melo and have a shot at love or gasol im good either way but to think wade bosh deng can even be a top 5 seed is crazy their not even winning their own division :facepalm:

¿Que?

raiderfaninTX
07-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Jesus man, there's some real crazy thoughts about the heat since James left.

I wonder if some of these people even watch basketball or are they just in denial?

Byronicle
07-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Wade's team? Nope, this is Bosh's team.

People forget his stats before he left Toronto and he had a crappy supporting cast to boot. Why else would Bosh resign with the Heat? For a chance to lead them.

However, it's still not enough. Lebron is just that good of a player

Ariza's Better
07-22-2014, 08:27 AM
As a lot of people have said it's bosh's team. As much as I would love Wade to be healthy again and his best, I don't see that happening.

But back to the original question, Cavs will be better than the heat. Cavs have to much fire power even without love. However I'm not completely sold on wiggins.

beasted86
07-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Here's my simple question to the people who assume Wade will be injured and miss a lot of games:

Is it also fair to assume both Irving and Varejao will both be injured as well? Or is it not fair?

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm still waiting to see if Cleveland makes any more moves this offseason before making a definitive answer to this question. As currently constructed, I think it will ultimately boil down to health with these two squads. If Wade is only playing 50-60 games next season, then I think the Cavs will be significantly better. But Varejao and Irving need to play the majority of the season as well and overcome some of their injury woes of recent years.

Assuming no more moves are made and both teams are relatively healthy, I think Cleveland will be at least five wins better than Miami next season.

prodigy
07-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Depends on the Cavs next year. If they don't trade for Love, I can see Bosh's Heat being better.

Look at what u just said lol. Boshs heat lmao!

2 things have to happen for this to happen.

1. Cavs rest lebron a lot keeping him fresh for playoffs.

2. D wade goes back to his old self.

prodigy
07-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Also the cavs are better at every spot and have much better depth. AV to me is a better CENTER then bosh. If bosh gets back to playing down low and rebounding then he's better. I have more questions about wade then I do waiters or Wiggins.

prodigy
07-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Here's my simple question to the people who assume Wade will be injured and miss a lot of games:

Is it also fair to assume both Irving and Varejao will both be injured as well? Or is it not fair?

Irving played 71 games last season and couple of the misses was due to a death in the family. So now with even less pressure on his shoulders to do everything its fair to say he will play 70+ games again. AV is def a question though. Cavs need to add a couple big men so he can get plenty of rest.

Ariza's Better
07-22-2014, 09:35 AM

Varejao yes, Irving no. Irving has had bad luck but is young and coming off a season where he played 71 games. Sad fact is wade is old and the older he gets, the harder it is to bounce back. Irving has youth on his side.

Purch
07-22-2014, 09:37 AM
If they don't make the obvious trade for Love, it wouldn't suprise me if they're close of if they're better. Four ball dominant perimiter players doesnt create a balenced team

Jarvo
07-22-2014, 10:53 AM

You're not the only one.

RCarlson85
07-22-2014, 11:00 AM

It's funny how people are so quick to point out how injury prone Wade is and say that there's basically no way he will ever be healthy again or play more than 60 games. They fail to mention/think about the fact that last year was the first year Irving played more than 60 games in a season and he still missed 11 games even last year. Varejao only played in 65 games last year and in the 3 seasons before that he played in 31 games or less each year. Waiters missed 12 games last year and only played in 61 the season before that. Love also isn't the most durable player either, so if they traded for him there's risk there too. I would find it hilarious if Lebron's new teammates lived up to their injury prone history and left him basically by himself.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-22-2014, 11:39 AM
You are all sleeping on Wade.

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Jesus man, there's some real crazy thoughts about the heat since James left.

I wonder if some of these people even watch basketball or are they just in denial?

Just some high levels of homerism.

Chronz
07-22-2014, 01:37 PM

How do people predict injuries? I think the only link we can make is that the load a player carries factors into it someway. Bron left one team, joined another. The burden on the players Bron left behind is greater, the burden the team Bron has joined has lessened. I dont know how much that matters but I too feel that Wade will either break down, or play inefficiently. Heres hoping Im wrong but he looked pretty mediocre these playoffs.

THE MTL
07-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Alot of you have Chris Bosh back to his Toronto days at 24ppg 10rpg. We will see if the dinosaur will wake up from his 4 year slumber lol.

Spanklin
07-22-2014, 01:52 PM
The Heat will be better now with a much more balanced team. Using Bosh for his strengths instead of tying $18,000,000 up in a roster spot just to have him rot was what cost the Heat 2 of 4 ships. They're much better rounded and set up to play team basketball, something they sorely missed with The Big 3.

Not a James hater either, so save it.

ManRam
07-22-2014, 01:54 PM
The Heat will be better now with a much more balanced team. Using Bosh for his strengths instead of tying $18,000,000 up in a roster spot just to have him rot was what cost the Heat 2 of 4 ships. They're much better rounded and set up to play team basketball, something they sorely missed with The Big 3.

Not a James hater either, so save it.

Oh?

Spanklin
07-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Oh?

What was Miami's biggest weakness the last four seasons?

IKnowHoops
07-22-2014, 02:15 PM

1a. Injured run down Wade
1b. Rebounding
1c. Poor coaching
2. inconsistent pg play

prodigy
07-22-2014, 03:53 PM

1b. Rebounding
1c. Poor coaching
2. inconsistent pg play

Not one of those were addressed lol

WITZ
07-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Not sure if serious...

Tony_Starks
07-22-2014, 04:02 PM
You could argue that Cleveland will have a 5 to 10 win advantage strictly on the strength of Lebron, but a counter argument could be made that MIA can make up for that with collective experience.

With the horrid competition they both face you could flip a coin really. I give the edge to Miami since their core is more familiar with each other.

raiderfaninTX
07-22-2014, 04:21 PM
1b. Rebounding
1c. Poor coaching
2. inconsistent pg play

lol and all of those issues are still there

MELO 15
07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
I guess I was baiting then.

FlashBolt
07-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Please note... OP has a thread that says James had more help than Kobe but in this post, he claims Wade's team is better than James Cavs... I feel he's arguing with himself and he doesn't even know it.

P&GRealist
07-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Please note... OP has a thread that says James had more help than Kobe but in this post, he claims Wade's team is better than James Cavs... I feel he's arguing with himself and he doesn't even know it.

Too bad you're ignorant to the point where you can't even realize that this thread has Cavs with Wiggins while my other thread has Cavs if they were to lose Wiggins and get Love.