PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com POWER RANKINGS (7-21-2014)

LTBaByyy
07-21-2014, 01:34 PM
1 San Antonio (62-20)
Pace: 97.1 (12), OffRtg: 108.2 (6), DefRtg: 100.1 (4), NetRtg: +8.1 (1)
Key addition(s): Larry O'Brien, Ettore Messina
Key question: How good can Kawhi Leonard be?
Individual numbers will always be limited with the Spurs, but Leonard's Finals performance should be a launching pad for an All-Star season. Before then, a (max?) contract extension is in order. Patty Mills' injury puts pressure on Cory Joseph to keep Tony Parker fresh, but these guys always step up when needed.

2 Oklahoma City (59-23)
Pace: 97.9 (9), OffRtg: 108.1 (7), DefRtg: 101.0 (5), NetRtg: +7.1 (3)
Key addition(s): Anthony Morrow
Key question: Is Steven Adams ready?
If Adams plays more minutes than Kendrick Perkins (they were about even last season), the Thunder will have a higher ceiling offensively. On the other end of the floor, they'll need the younger guys -- Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones -- to make up for Thabo Sefolosha's departure on the perimeter.

3 L.A. Clippers (57-25)
Pace: 98.4 (7), OffRtg: 109.4 (1), DefRtg: 102.1 (7), NetRtg: +7.3 (2)
Key addition(s): A hard cap
Key question: Is Spencer Hawes the third big they needed?
No big man combo played more minutes together last season than Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. If Hawes is going to relieve some of the pressure on those two, he has to defend a lot better than he did with Philly and Cleveland. With the Clippers less than $1 million from a hard cap, they have little in-season flexibility.

4 Dallas (49-33)
Pace: 95.7 (17), OffRtg: 109.0 (3), DefRtg: 105.9 (22), NetRtg: +3.0 (11)
Key addition(s): Tyson Chandler Parsons
Key question: Which Chandler are they getting?
If they're getting DPOY Chandler, they have a shot at being a top-10 defense. And if he stays healthy, his ability to roll and finish and Parsons attacking on the weak side will complement those Monta Ellis/Dirk Nowitzki pick-and-pops that were already unstoppable. A top-five offense is a lock. Contender status is possible.

5 Golden State (51-31)
Pace: 98.5 (6), OffRtg: 105.3 (12), DefRtg: 99.9 (3), NetRtg: +5.4 (6)
Key addition(s): Steve Kerr, Shaun Livingston, trade distractions
Key question: How will Kerr utilize his bench?
The Warriors' offense fell off a cliff when Stephen Curry stepped off the floor last season, and the D did the same when Andre Iguodala sat down. There's bound to be a drop-off when you have a stacked starting lineup, but Kerr needs to keep those guys fresh while maintaining a high level on at least one end of the floor.

6 Chicago (48-34)
Pace: 92.7 (28), OffRtg: 99.7 (28), DefRtg: 97.8 (2), NetRtg: +1.9 (12)
Key addition(s): Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic
Key question: Derrick Rose?
We're going to find out soon where Rose is physically, because National Team training camp -- where he'll be competing against Curry, Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard -- begins next Monday. Even if he's good to go, the Bulls will be depending on their young guys -- Doug McDermott and Tony Snell -- to play important minutes.

7 Cleveland (33-49)
Pace: 95.7 (18), OffRtg: 101.3 (23), DefRtg: 104.8 (17), NetRtg: -3.5 (23)
Key addition(s): Andrew Wiggins, LeBron James, pressure to win now
Key question: What will they do for Love?
The debate over trading the No. 1 pick in what was a much-hyped draft for an established All-Star is fascinating, especially since the rookie may already be the better defensive player. Ultimately, the Cavs have to do whatever James tells them to. But there's no reason they can't wait a few months to see what Wiggins can do.

8 Portland (54-28)
Pace: 97.5 (10), OffRtg: 108.3 (5), DefRtg: 104.7 (16), NetRtg: +3.5 (8)
Key addition(s): Potential for sleeping on the bench
Key question: How do they get better defensively?
The Blazers were a below-average defensive team in the regular season and got smoked by the Rockets and Spurs in the playoffs. The additions of Steve Blake and Chris Kaman don't exactly move the needle on that end of the floor, especially in regard to forcing turnovers, where this team ranked dead last in 2013-14

9 Houston (54-28)
Pace: 98.8 (5), OffRtg: 108.6 (4), DefRtg: 103.1 (12), NetRtg: +5.5 (5)
Key addition(s): Trevor Ariza, anti-Morey criticism
Key question: Would this team be able to survive an injury?
Not only did the Rockets swing and miss on the big free agents, but they traded their depth in order to do so. Their perimeter defense should be better, but two of their primary ball-handlers are gone and the departure of Omer Asik and the extra burden on Dwight Howard could makes things worse on the interior.

10 Toronto (48-34)
Pace: 94.4 (23), OffRtg: 105.8 (9), DefRtg: 102.4 (9), NetRtg: +3.5 (9)
Key addition(s): Continuity
Key question: Were those contract-year bumps?
Kyle Lowry had his best season last year, and Patrick Patterson and Greivis Vasquez were also big off the bench. All three are re-signed and Dwane Casey can build on top-10 marks on both ends of the floor. Another year of development from (and more touches for) Jonas Valanciunas would do the trick.

11 Memphis (50-32)
Pace: 92.2 (30), OffRtg: 103.3 (16), DefRtg: 102.1 (8), NetRtg: +1.2 (14)
Key addition(s): Vince Carter, conversations between coach and owner
Key question: Can Mike Conley continue to get better?
The Grizzlies went 33-13 after Marc Gasol returned from his knee injury last season, but their offense was still below average over that time. Carter adds some much-needed 3-point shooting, but there's still a ceiling on that end with limited off-the-dribble creators or options behind Gasol and Zach Randolph.

12 Washington (44-38)
Pace: 95.5 (19), OffRtg: 103.3 (18), DefRtg: 102.4 (10), NetRtg: +0.9 (15)
Key addition(s): The Truth
Key question: How quickly before Paul Pierce fits in?
Pierce should give the Wizards more offensively than Trevor Ariza did, but it took him a while to find his way in Brooklyn last season, and Ariza had great chemistry with John Wall, leading the league with 81 corner threes. Pierce attempted just 22. Either way, this is one of the deepest teams in the league.

13 Indiana (56-26)
Pace: 94.9 (20), OffRtg: 101.5 (22), DefRtg: 96.7 (1), NetRtg: +4.8 (7)
Key addition(s): C.J. Miles, more pressure on Frank Vogel
Key question: Will the Pacers' new shooters ever be open?
Miles and Damjan Rudez will space the floor, but Lance Stephenson's departure means that there's one less guy to get them open looks. If Vogel doesn't get more creative, the Pacers' offense will be brutal. And if he doesn't make better use of his bench, his team could hit another wall in the second half of the season.

14 Miami (54-28)
Pace: 93.3 (27), OffRtg: 109.0 (2), DefRtg: 102.9 (11), NetRtg: +6.1 (4)
Key addition(s): Luol Deng, LeBron James' favorite rookie
Key question: Who's backing up Dwyane Wade?
The Heat lost the world's best player, and their ability to spread the floor has been compromised by the departure of some of their shooters and Chris Bosh's new role as an offensive focal point. Without James or (close to) 82 games of Wade, they may need to reinvent themselves defensively, too.

15 Phoenix (48-34)
Pace: 98.2 (8), OffRtg: 107.1 (8), DefRtg: 103.8 (13), NetRtg: +3.3 (10)
Key addition(s): Isaiah Thomas
Key question: Is Eric Bledsoe coming back?
Thomas is a liability on D, where Phoenix ranked 18th in the two-plus months Bledsoe missed last season. So if Bledsoe and the Suns can't bridge the gap on contract talks (and if he doesn't sign the qualifying offer), this team will take a step back on both ends of the floor. Channing Frye's floor spacing will be missed.

16 Charlotte (43-39)
Pace: 94.7 (21), OffRtg: 101.2 (24), DefRtg: 101.2 (6), NetRtg: +0.1 (16)
Key addition(s): Lance Stephenson
Key question: Can Stephenson stay in control?
Adding another off-the-dribble creator (for much less than they would have been paying Gordon Hayward) to an offense that improved every month last season could be a real coup. And if all goes well, this could be a top-four East team on both ends of the floor. But we know that Lance's antics can be a distraction.

17 Brooklyn (44-38)
Pace: 93.7 (25), OffRtg: 104.4 (14), DefRtg: 104.9 (19), NetRtg: -0.6 (17)
Key addition(s): Lionel Hollins
Key question: Will Brook Lopez ever be Brook Lopez again?
The Nets lost two starters in free agency, but the return of Lopez could make up for it. And if Deron Williams has ankles that work and Joe Johnson beats opposing guards up in the post like he did in the postseason, this could still be a very good team. But there are too many ifs to rank them higher than eighth in the East.

18 Minnesota (40-42)
Pace: 99.8 (4), OffRtg: 105.6 (10), DefRtg: 104.1 (15), NetRtg: +1.4 (13)
Key addition(s): A feeling of inevitability
Key question: What will they get for Kevin Love?
Maybe a coaching change, some better late-game luck, and the development of Gorgui Dieng could put the Wolves in the playoffs. But it seems inevitable that they'll be hitting the reset button with a Love trade at some point in the next seven months. If the speculation becomes a distraction, things could get ugly.

19 Atlanta (38-44)
Pace: 96.9 (13), OffRtg: 103.4 (15), DefRtg: 104.1 (14), NetRtg: -0.7 (18)
Key addition(s): Al Horford (remember him?)
Key question: Will they ever land a big fish?
The Hawks were well set up -- with cap space and complementary pieces (and shooting, shooting, shooting!) -- to add a No. 1 option. But they didn't even get a nibble from the big names. They're still a playoff team that's getting its best player back, but, like the Bulls, they'll be relying on some young guards off the bench.

20 New Orleans (34-48)
Pace: 94.5 (22), OffRtg: 104.7 (13), DefRtg: 107.3 (25), NetRtg: -2.6 (21)
Key addition(s): Omer Asik, Jimmermania
Key question: Can they find a way to be good on both ends of the floor?
Anthony Davis will be a top-five player very soon and the addition of Asik will obviously help what has been the league's worst defensive team over the last two seasons. But Asik wasn't happy coming off the bench in Houston and the Pels are at their best offensively with Ryan Anderson and Davis on the floor.

21 New York (37-45)
Pace: 92.6 (29), OffRtg: 105.4 (11), DefRtg: 106.5 (24), NetRtg: -1.0 (19)
Key addition(s): Jose Calderon, youth
Key question: Will this be a team another star wants to join next year?
You have to like the point guard upgrade, but it's also important that the Knicks have six guys under 25 with whom to start building. None has a very high ceiling and defense is still a big issue, but when Andrea Bargnani and Amar'e Stoudemire come off the books next summer, more pieces can be added.

22 Denver (36-46)
Pace: 100.7 (3), OffRtg: 103.3 (17), DefRtg: 105.4 (21), NetRtg: -2.1 (20)
Key addition(s): Double consonants
Key question: Can Brian Shaw bring this team together?
Shaw should certainly have a healthier roster in his second season. The Nuggets have explosiveness in the backcourt, athleticism up front, and two legit rotation guys at every position. But it's on the coach to make the pieces work together and find an identity that can compete in the ridiculously deep Western Conference.

23 Detroit (29-53)
Pace: 97.4 (11), OffRtg: 102.9 (19), DefRtg: 107.3 (26), NetRtg: -4.4 (24)
Key addition(s): Stan Van Gundy, cheap shooting
Key question: Will they keep Josh Smith, Greg Monroe or both?
Van Gundy's teams have been top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency in five of the six full seasons he's coached. He did his best to add as much shooting as he could (four guys who shot better than 39 percent from 3-point range) with a limited budget. But that's all for naught if Smith is still playing small forward.

24 Sacramento (28-54)
Pace: 96.7 (14), OffRtg: 102.9 (20), DefRtg: 106.3 (23), NetRtg: -3.4 (22)
Key addition(s): Nine nerds
Key question: What the heck is the plan here?
Their Draft process seemed refreshing and open-minded, but there still haven't been any decisions to distinguish new Kings management from old Kings management. Darren Collison over Isaiah Thomas? And if they're really trying to put together a frontline of Rudy Gay, Josh Smith and DeMarcus Cousins, oh boy.

25 L.A. Lakers (27-55)
Pace: 101.0 (2), OffRtg: 101.9 (21), DefRtg: 107.9 (28), NetRtg: -6.0 (27)
Key addition(s): Lots of "And one!" yelps
Key question: Just how bad can they be defensively?
Very, very bad. They were awful last season, the only plus defender on the roster (Ed Davis) is competing for minutes with Carlos Boozer and Julius Randle, and the last time Byron Scott (the only candidate, it seems) coached was the last time a team ranked in the bottom five in defensive efficiency three straight seasons.

26 Boston (25-57)
Pace: 95.9 (15), OffRtg: 99.7 (27), DefRtg: 105.2 (20), NetRtg: -5.5 (20)
Key addition(s): A young and smart backcourt
Key question: Is there a future All-Star on this roster?
Rajon Rondo is a four-time All-Star, but hasn't run an above-average offense in four years. And though the Celtics now have six first-round picks under the age of 25 on their roster, the one with the best potential (Marcus Smart) plays the same position as Rondo. Danny Ainge is still waiting to make his big move.

27 Orlando (23-59)
Pace: 95.9 (16), OffRtg: 99.3 (29), DefRtg: 104.8 (18), NetRtg: -5.5 (25)
Key addition(s): More young guys, and Channing Frye
Key question: Ben Gordon? Really?
There was no reason not to believe in Rob Hennigan as he tore the Magic roster down and began building a young core. But when it was time to spend a little money, he handed $4.5 million to a guy who should have been hoping for a minimum deal. The 31-year old Frye also seems like a strange fit.

28 Milwaukee (15-67)
Pace: 94.3 (24), OffRtg: 100.2 (26), DefRtg: 108.9 (29), NetRtg: -8.7 (29)
Key addition(s): Jabari Parker, Non-answers at the coach's press conferences
Key question: Will Larry Sanders live up to his extension?
Last year was a throwaway season, helping the Bucks get the No. 2 pick. But now Sanders' four-year, $44 million extension kicks in and there's another young star on the roster for him to influence one way or the other. At his best, he's a defensive anchor. At his worst, he's not someone you want around.

29 Utah (25-57)
Pace: 93.6 (26), OffRtg: 100.6 (25), DefRtg: 109.1 (30), NetRtg: -8.4 (28)
Key addition(s): Quin Snyder
Key question: Can Trey Burke and Dante Exum play together?
It will be interesting to see what Snyder can come up with for a young roster. There's nowhere to go but up on defense, where the length of both Exum and Rodney Hood should help. But if Gordon Hayward is still their best offensive player and Steve Novak is their only real shooter, they'll continue to struggle on that end.

30 Philadelphia (19-63)
Pace: 101.6 (1), OffRtg: 96.8 (30), DefRtg: 107.5 (27), NetRtg: -10.7 (30)
Key addition(s): Nerlens Noel
Key question: What is Thaddeus Young still doing here?
Young handled last season like a pro and young teams need vets like that. He's still only 26, but he has an early termination option next summer, may not want to keep waiting for his team to start caring about results and could make a real impact on one of the top five or six teams in the East (or in Phoenix).

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

What do you all think?

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Lakers number 25 babay!! :win:

SPURSFAN1
07-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Dallas is a little too high. lol But everything else is alright.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Interesting Miami is right in the middle of the pack at #15.. I know they lost the best player in the world but they are bringing in some good players. Especially in the east, I see them as a better team then that

Htownballa1622
07-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Dallas is too high.

LTBaByyy
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Dallas is too high.

You still mad?

Mavs will have a better record than Warriors, Bulls, Blazers, Rockets, and Grizzlies

I think it should be:

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Cavs
Mavs
Bulls

Clippersfan86
07-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Clippers>Thunder.

Htownballa1622
07-21-2014, 01:47 PM
You still mad?

Mavs will have a better record than Warriors, Bulls, Blazers, Rockets, and Grizzlies

I think it should be:

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Cavs
Mavs
Bulls

Lol. Mad at what? Another in state rival poster claimed the same thing.

I just don't think adding chandler and Parsons jumps yall that high. Simple.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Power rankings in Texas..

1.san Antonio
2.dallas
3.houston

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Power rankings in California

1.clippers
2.warriors
3.kings
4.lakers

Tony_Starks
07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Miami way too low, they play in the east.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I really think Chicago is a serious contender. Watch out for them this year

Htownballa1622
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Power rankings in Texas..

1.san Antonio
2.dallas
3.houston

Potentially. Are you just tryna troll though or do u need 2 create another dupe account to do that?

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Potentially. Are you just tryna troll though or do u need 2 create another dupe account to do that?

I could do both! :nod:

Htownballa1622
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
I could do both! :nod:

Keep up the good work then.:clap:

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Seriously tho, I was just trying to rank the 2 states that have the most nba franchises.. I ranked California right underneath Texas.. Are you trying to troll?

rockets-fan
07-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Dallas is too high. But bring them down two spots and the list looks good

ManRam
07-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Dallas at 4 is a bit ridiculous. Miami is too low. I like Washington a tad more than Toronto.

I think Milwaukee, even with their youth, can double their wins.

Also, I think Chicago at 6 is a bit bold, but I don't mind it. Safer would be around 8 or so...but there's some real upside there depending on how many things go right or wrong.

Hard to really project things this early, so I think more or less it's solid.

Htownballa1622
07-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Seriously tho, I was just trying to rank the 2 states that have the most nba franchises.. I ranked California right underneath Texas.. Are you trying to troll?

It just makes more sense to do conference or division rather than state.

As you wish though. Keep up the good work.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 02:01 PM
It just makes more sense to do conference or division rather than state.

As you wish though. Keep up the good work.

Ok... I'll keep up the good work! :up:

XpLiCiTT
07-21-2014, 02:10 PM
The Sixers are too high.

Thumper 88
07-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Mavs will finish no worse than 4th out west.. That's a fair assessment, though I would place Cavs at #5

mjt20mik
07-21-2014, 02:24 PM
The Heat should be in the 10-12 range. However, I think they are gonna end up 6-8 this season in the East.

valade16
07-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Dallas is ranked too high and it's obvious by the "if dallas is getting DPOY Chandler" statement.

Chandler hasn't played that good in quite some time.

I also think Miami will be better.

mjt20mik
07-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Dallas is ranked too high and it's obvious by the "if dallas is getting DPOY Chandler" statement.

My reasoning behind MIA not being as good is the fact that when they had a prime Wade, they were still 41-41. Without a prime Wade, or prime Bosh I don't see them making the 50 win mark (I have them at 44-38). Still good enough for like 6-8 in the East though.

rockets-fan
07-21-2014, 02:54 PM

Well in that case maybe Houston will get the Orlando Dwight? No right?

I'm not saying your justifying it I'm just saying why don't they do that for all teams? Get maybe Rose goes back to normal? And wade? That will change the rankings a lot. You can't just do it for one team is what I'm saying.

Dallas at 4 is too high.

SA
OKC
Clippers
Portland
Cleveland
Warriors

IMO are all better and they're not much better if any than PHX HOU MEM. The Tyson and Parsons acquisitions are being wayyyy overrated here.

sjbirds
07-21-2014, 02:57 PM
The Sixers are too high.
Was gonna say the same thing

gatkins11
07-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Dallas is too high. But bring them down two spots and the list looks good

I agree. Love my team, but I wouldn't put them that high. Not until we see the on-court product anyway.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2014, 03:03 PM
top 5

east fb knicks
07-21-2014, 03:09 PM
dallas is fine imo do you guys forget they took the champs to 7 games

my only problem with the list is how can you put the nets over the knicks they lost their coach and their bench ntm lopez health is a question i just feel like the knicks have less question marks

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-21-2014, 03:22 PM
My god! The east is grossly pathetic. The top five and seven out of the top ten are west teams. The champions will come from the west but I do see the bulls giving everyone problems.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Clippers>Thunder.lol, they layed the pipe on you guys last year.

Tony_Starks
07-21-2014, 03:26 PM
I agree. Love my team, but I wouldn't put them that high. Not until we see the on-court product anyway.

I think a lot of that has to do with Carlisle. He's proven that given the right pieces he can optimize the situation....

IgglesFanInCO
07-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Lol, this ranking is embarassing

So a Nuggets team adds Danilo Gallinari, Javale McGee, JJ Hickson, and Nate Robinson to the team from injury, adds Aaron Afflalo, adds an immediate 3 and D rookie in Gary Harris, is in the second year of a new system under a no longer rookie head coach, lost no notable players, has no aging veterans that will regress from last year....... and they will be worse this year?

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Dallas #4?

You know the OP is doing the LT :dance:

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-21-2014, 04:27 PM
lol, they layed the pipe on you guys last year.

I don't think he actually believes that... He's just a Clippers fan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2014, 04:32 PM

my only problem with the list is how can you put the nets over the knicks they lost their coach and their bench ntm lopez health is a question i just feel like the knicks have less question marks

knicks didnt even make the playoffs while Nets made their way to the 2nd round.

you guys lost your 2nd best player

NYKNYGNYY
07-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Meh I don't really like it...Cleveland at7 ... Lebron is lebron but it's not like he's the only player they have
I love Portland but there's some teams I'd have put in front of them

How are the Knicks not in the top 3?!?! LoL

NYKNYGNYY
07-21-2014, 05:01 PM

Honestly the way chandler played last year he was a liability
I'm not saying he's completely done but as a knick ... He was done I think he'll be better in Dallas but injuries are a usual thing for him

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 05:08 PM
If Kobe is healthy next season the Lakers aren't going to be that bad. They will likely still miss the playoffs but I think they're good enough to actually make a run at the 8th seed. Once again this all assumes Kobe is healthy throughout next season.

Thumper 88
07-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Honestly the way chandler played last year he was a liability
I'm not saying he's completely done but as a knick ... He was done I think he'll be better in Dallas but injuries are a usual thing for him

Except the year he played in Dallas.. Don't think they will get 2011 Tyson but he will be a total upgrade over Dalenbare

NYKNYGNYY
07-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Except the year he played in Dallas.. Don't think they will get 2011 Tyson but he will be a total upgrade over Dalenbare

I just feel like everyone is expecting so much from Tyson like he automatically makes them a championship contender... I saw Tyson play every game he played last year .. Now it may be because he stopped caring but the guy wasn't as good as he was 2 years ago or even last year... Can't stay healthy either n that's not something that only happened this past year ... That's just the opinion of someone who saw him every game last year

ChitownSports16
07-21-2014, 05:27 PM

Maybe because outside of Melo that team is garbage is my guess. Y'all had a better team last season and still didn't make the playoffs in the East! Oh wait, it's the coaches fault.. nets>Knicks

And yeah I don't see the Mavs being better then the Bulls. Not saying that the Bulls should be higher but just simply Saying they are better than the Mavs.

Thumper 88
07-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Maybe because outside of Melo that team is garbage is my guess. Y'all had a better team last season and still didn't make the playoffs in the East! Oh wait, it's the coaches fault.. nets>Knicks

And yeah I don't see the Mavs being better then the Bulls. Not saying that the Bulls should be higher but just simply Saying they are better than the Mavs.

Didn't the build only win like 48 games? And that's in the east

LTBaByyy
07-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Dallas #4?

You know the OP is doing the LT :dance:

All day every day

east fb knicks
07-21-2014, 07:11 PM

ok read the whole post bro and not just what you want to hear the nets lost their coach and bench if the nets still had pierce Livingston and their also losing blatche I would say they are better but they don't while the knicks upgraded our pg situation and replaced our coach with a better one you get it now

east fb knicks
07-21-2014, 07:18 PM

lmao that garbage team won 54 games the year before outside of melo we actually have talent now we don't have a star next to melo but players like jc jr shump timmy even amare if he's healthy are more then enough talent to be a better team then the nets who lost a lot of key pieces including their coach hollins isn't a good fit for that roster they should have went after m Jackson or even karl would have been a better fit

Nycbball08
07-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Funny thing is the Spurs are the best team in the league, but I've never heard their fans talk as much chit as some of you dicks.

Captain Moroni
07-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Knicks are going to surprise a lot of people next year.
No they are not title contenders.
A new System, an actual NBA PG, and Phil Jackson running the show.
This No defense tag is going to get a workout

Repost this in 9 months because the Knicks will be a 3-5 seed in the east.

ThuglifeJ
07-21-2014, 08:33 PM

Took them to 7 games LARGELY because of (check sig) , Blaire, and Calderon

I'd keep Dallas in top 6 but they are a huge question mark with a lot of things. Was Ellis a fluke? Is TC capable of being good again? Is Dirk as bad as he was in playoffs now? Will they get away with felton and Harris at pg? Will parsons excell or be uncomfortable in Dallas? Will they be okay without their 6th man role they like to have?

Legit could keep going. I think they'll be good.

Rest of rankings are OKAY surprised they didn't hype Cleveland more. Milwaukee will be decent I think too Gianni's grew 2 inches..no longer 19 years old...parker...new coach.

Oh and Roflckets should be lower.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2014, 09:39 PM

If you mean layed the pipe as in get outplayed most of a series to be bailed out late in games by refs and a lot of lucky breaks (uncharacteristic Clippers failures), then yes. Clippers were statistically superior in the regular season and in that series.

east fb knicks
07-21-2014, 11:46 PM

I'd keep Dallas in top 6 but they are a huge question mark with a lot of things. Was Ellis a fluke? Is TC capable of being good again? Is Dirk as bad as he was in playoffs now? Will they get away with felton and Harris at pg? Will parsons excell or be uncomfortable in Dallas? Will they be okay without their 6th man role they like to have?

Rest of rankings are OKAY surprised they didn't hype Cleveland more. Milwaukee will be decent I think too Gianni's grew 2 inches..no longer 19 years old...parker...new coach.

right now im just going by their roster and on paper they have a very impressive roster Tyson is still a good player but on the knicks we needed him to be atleast a threat on offense and our perimeter d was a joke with felton so in dallas he'll be fine all he has to do is play d and rebound also Tyson was hurt a lot the last two years if he's healthy he'll make a big impact their pg spot is a problem tho but I think harris is capable and free agency is still young I think mo will is interested in going to dallas he'd be a good pick up and parsons is going to do well in dallas imo people really underrate Carlisle if parsons could develop into a good player under McHale I think rick is going to do wonders for the kid the rockets losing parsons was a major blow whether people realize it or not

Vinny642
07-21-2014, 11:56 PM
20th.....
fine

0nekhmer
07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Woo raptors making a huge jump to #10. I kind of liked it better when we were still underdogs and that "canadia" was a planet away.

Saddletramp
07-22-2014, 12:37 AM
I just feel like everyone is expecting so much from Tyson like he automatically makes them a championship contender... I saw Tyson play every game he played last year .. Now it may be because he stopped caring but the guy wasn't as good as he was 2 years ago or even last year... Can't stay healthy either n that's not something that only happened this past year ... That's just the opinion of someone who saw him every game last year

Tyson Chandler will be fine. It's a contract year and he's that type of player that will be "rejuvenated" and he'll say it's because he's out of New York. As long as he stays healthy (a big if), he'll play well. He has to.

Funny thing is the Spurs are the best team in the league, but I've never heard their fans talk as much chit as some of you dicks.

You've never met SPURSFAN1

Mr.B
07-22-2014, 01:36 AM

Blair definitely played a large role in that series. Calderon hit a couple big shots but it was Harris and Ellis' ability to attack the rim and make Parker work on the defensive end that gave the Spurs fits. Harris has always been able to do that against Parker. Even back when the Mavs traded Harris for Kidd both Parker and Duncan both said they were relieved that Harris was traded because his speed gave them problems.

With that being said I love that the Mavs are ranked #4 but I also think that may be a tad bit high. I think the Bulls with a healthy Rose are a bit better than them. I would put the Mavs around 5th through 7th until they can upgrade the PG position and are able to bring Harris off the bench.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 01:52 AM
Mavs have ZERO chance at being the 4th best team in the league. I like them offensively but that ranking is laughable at best. Even WITH retaining Marion, which is doubtful... they have a horrendous defense. Won't get it done in the west. Even ranking them 10 seems generous TBH.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 01:56 AM
Unless of course Raymond Felton "returns to being an elite point guard" LMAO.

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 02:02 AM
Unless of course Raymond Felton "returns to being an elite point guard" LMAO.

i'd take the mavs over the clippers in a 7 game series:D

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 02:06 AM
i'd take the mavs over the clippers in a 7 game series:D

You should bet your life savings on it and film the reaction on Youtube.

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 02:06 AM

Blair definitely played a large role in that series. Calderon hit a couple big shots but it was Harris and Ellis' ability to attack the rim and make Parker work on the defensive end that gave the Spurs fits. Harris has always been able to do that against Parker. Even back when the Mavs traded Harris for Kidd both Parker and Duncan both said they were relieved that Harris was traded because his speed gave them problems.

With that being said I love that the Mavs are ranked #4 but I also think that may be a tad bit high. I think the Bulls with a healthy Rose are a bit better than them. I would put the Mavs around 5th through 7th until they can upgrade the PG position and are able to bring Harris off the bench.

I agree on Ellis importance in that series but Harris was a fluke. He didn't play good, he simply just made every shot he thew up in those 2 games he went off...popovich never adjusted to him either cuz he knew, we knew, he was just hitting shots.. Normally Harris doesn't hit all those jumpers or especially 3s.

But that's not the biggest deal to worry about..Ellis is the primary ball handler..which kind of helps but then again Harris and felton aren't nailing 3s all game so what do they do?

I'm more worried about dirk out of everything scenario though..he had me real worried past series... Played like garbage, uncharacteristic of him.

Nonetheless, mavs fans should be extremely excited for this next season. Will be fun. I am jealous vince wont be there for this run. Good to see you guys aren't too caught up in this ranking either as it could cause disappointment and take away from it all.

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2014, 02:08 AM
:laugh2: @ "uncharacteristic Clippers failures"

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 02:11 AM

Yea because 3 CP3 turnovers in a row to end a game are common (Although 2 were blatant uncalled fouls anyway). But at least OKC knows refs will always be there for a timely emotional support.

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 02:12 AM

Yea because 3 CP3 turnovers in a row to end a game are common (Although 2 were blatant uncalled fouls anyway).

Cp3 is a choker.

Get over it

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Cp3 is a choker.

Get over it

Nowhere near as clutch as the refs when OKC is playing, that's for sure.

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Cp3 is a choker.

Get over it

Nowhere near as clutch as the refs when OKC is playing, that's for sure.

Refs favor both the clippers and thunder more than just about 26 other teams in the NBA so..

Get over that one as well. You may not have even been in the playoff position you were without referee help all season...cp3 and griffin may not have had the confidence to become the players they are without all the ref help along the way

Just saying

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 02:32 AM
You should bet your life savings on it and film the reaction on Youtube.

im serious tho I think dirk gives blake problems and who's going to guard ellis

IversonIsKrazy
07-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Feel that Dallas & Minny are too high for their respective spots while Hawks, Nuggets are too low

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 03:00 AM
im serious tho I think dirk gives blake problems and who's going to guard ellis

Griffin pretty much demolished Dirk in 3 of 4 games, including shutting him down completely for the 4th quarter of one of the games (as in held to 0 field goals), in which Dirk was helpless during a Clippers 20+ point comeback.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-22-2014, 03:01 AM

If you mean layed the pipe as in get outplayed most of a series to be bailed out late in games by refs and a lot of lucky breaks (uncharacteristic Clippers failures), then yes. Clippers were statistically superior in the regular season and in that series.

Paul choked and your franchise has yet to see a west finals. Can't argue the facts here.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 03:03 AM
Paul choked and your franchise has yet to see a west finals. Can't argue the facts here.

Good thing Blake Griffin just turned 25.

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Griffin pretty much demolished Dirk in 3 of 4 games, including shutting him down completely for the 4th quarter of one of the games (as in held to 0 field goals), in which Dirk was helpless during a Clippers 20+ point comeback.

yeah but now they got Tyson blake isn't going to have his way dirk will give blake problems by drawing him outside of the paint leaving driving lanes for ellis or Tyson lobs ntm barnes isn't shutting down parsons who will get his fair share of shots and not get shut out of the offense like he was in houston

Vinny642
07-22-2014, 03:17 AM
Good thing Blake Griffin just turned 25.

I like this logic, Thank god Anthony Davis is 21 and already better than the 25 year old Blake.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 03:21 AM
I like this logic, Thank god Anthony Davis is 21 and already better than the 25 year old Blake.

You have every reason to be happy about Davis going forward. Maybe by the time you guys make the playoffs he may be better than Griffin.

Vinny642
07-22-2014, 03:36 AM
You have every reason to be happy about Davis going forward. Maybe by the time you guys make the playoffs he may be better than Griffin.

Some would say he is already. And now he gets to go against PFs a lot of the game instead of C's so he will be even better.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 03:38 AM
Some would say he is already. And now he gets to go against PFs a lot of the game instead of C's so he will be even better.

Well individually they are comparable, so not like I'd call anyone out who says so. Just not sure why you presented it as a fact and not a reasonable comparison.

SPURSFAN1
07-22-2014, 08:45 AM
I heard my name. lol

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm still willing to bet that Houston finishes this season with a better record than Dallas. I don't trust Chandler's body at this point and I don't think Parsons is the kind of guy who makes your team 5-10 games better by himself. I think the media is ridiculously high on the Mavs and ridiculously low on the Rockets right now based on acquisitions or the lack thereof, but things will balance themselves out once basketball starts again and we all remember how good Harden and Howard can be together.

Purch
07-22-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm still willing to bet that Houston finishes this season with a better record than Dallas. I don't trust Chandler's body at this point and I don't think Parsons is the kind of guy who makes your team 5-10 games better by himself. I think the media is ridiculously high on the Mavs and ridiculously low on the Rockets right now based on acquisitions or the lack thereof, but things will balance themselves out once basketball starts again and we all remember how good Harden and Howard can be together.

I don't think it's about being high or low. That Mavs team seems more balenced on Paper

Most of all if two teams have similar talent levels, and I had to choose between a Rick Carsile and a Kevin Mchale coached team, the answer is obvious. The past two post seasons, I've never seen a team that is happy generating and taking so many bad looks regardless of the situation and the shot clock. Houston gets a lot of love in the regular season, but once the refs call the game tighter in the playoffs, and teams close out strongly on the perimiter their real flaws are magnified

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Done! I'll Sig bet with you.. Pm me what you want to do and what not

SPURSFAN1
07-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Done! I'll Sig bet with you.. Pm me what you want to do and what not

oooooouuhhh lol

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 10:28 AM
oooooouuhhh lol

Lol

You think he was just saying "I'll bet" as a way of saying he is confident or he really wanted to bet?

SPURSFAN1
07-22-2014, 11:20 AM
I don't know, but I bet he agrees.

Jarvo
07-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Dallas was the only team that took The Spurs to the limit and Portland is better than GS and The Cavs.

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't know, but I bet he agrees.

I hope so

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 02:07 PM
No I have a sig bet with MBT already.

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't think it's about being high or low. That Mavs team seems more balenced on Paper

Most of all if two teams have similar talent levels, and I had to choose between a Rick Carsile and a Kevin Mchale coached team, the answer is obvious. The past two post seasons, I've never seen a team that is happy generating and taking so many bad looks regardless of the situation and the shot clock. Houston gets a lot of love in the regular season, but once the refs call the game tighter in the playoffs, and teams close out strongly on the perimiter their real flaws are magnified

Well, that's sort of my point. I don't think the two teams are of an equal talent level right now. Dallas is certainly more balanced than Houston right now, but the Rockets are far better in terms of top tier talent. If the talent level was equal, I'd agree with you that Dallas would be better because Carlisle is an absolutely superior coach. But I don't believe that to be the case.

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 02:26 PM
No bet?

kdspurman
07-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Well, that's sort of my point. I don't think the two teams are of an equal talent level right now. Dallas is certainly more balanced than Houston right now, but the Rockets are far better in terms of top tier talent. If the talent level was equal, I'd agree with you that Dallas would be better because Carlisle is an absolutely superior coach. But I don't believe that to be the case.

Houston is probably better in terms of top tier talent than the Spurs too. I don't think that means too much though. (Miami did too for that matter) Coaching, defense & discipline can work wonders in this league.

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Houston is probably better in terms of top tier talent than the Spurs too. I don't think that means too much though. (Miami did too for that matter) Coaching, defense & discipline can work wonders in this league.
I agree. But there are a lot of factors which go into whether or not teams are successful. Coaching and talent are not the only ones. You mention defense, and the Rockets should be a substantially better defensive basketball team this year with Ariza in the starting five. Offensively, the Rockets were also a superior basketball team last year.

Call it a hunch or an educated guess or complete homerism. Whatever. I just think Houston was a much better basketball team last year, and I don't think Dallas has done enough this offseason to pass Houston. I think it will be close and they've done enough to close the gap on paper. But I'm not ready to say that I think that will result in more wins for Dallas this season.

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 03:32 PM
I agree. But there are a lot of factors which go into whether or not teams are successful. Coaching and talent are not the only ones. You mention defense, and the Rockets should be a substantially better defensive basketball team this year with Ariza in the starting five. Offensively, the Rockets were also a superior basketball team last year.

Call it a hunch or an educated guess or complete homerism. Whatever. I just think Houston was a much better basketball team last year, and I don't think Dallas has done enough this offseason to pass Houston. I think it will be close and they've done enough to close the gap on paper. But I'm not ready to say that I think that will result in more wins for Dallas this season.
So I take it you don't want to make a Sig bet on it?

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 03:36 PM
So I take it you don't want to make a Sig bet on it?

Not yet. The offseason is a long way from over and a lot of things can happen between now and the start of the season. Ask me again when it gets closer to the season and we have a better idea of what these final rosters will look like. I'll probably go for it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Cp3 is a choker.

Get over it

Nowhere near as clutch as the refs when OKC is playing, that's for sure.westbrook was clutch

Spanklin
07-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Tyson Chandler has always been overrated as a defender. I'd rather have Dalembert. He's as good a defender but costs like $13,000,000/yr less.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 03:55 PM
westbrook was clutch

Getting a call nobody ever gets is clutch? How many refs call a foul on a rushed 30 foot three point shot with 7 seconds left in a game where the defender doesn't even touch the shooter? Even with a slight elbow graze they don't call them 99.9 percent of the time. Him jumping into CP3 and knocking him over on the inbounds pass while not being called for an obvious, intentional foul is definitely very clutch!

kdspurman
07-22-2014, 04:03 PM

I think Ariza will help for sure on the perimeter. I actually think Houston will finish ahead of Dallas in the regular season as it stands and based off what we know now. If nothing else, the continuity (overall) could be why Houston does better in the regular season.

But in the playoffs, I think i might favor Dallas as it stands. This is assuming both teams are 100% healthy, I think that's when the coaching disparity would be on display. Though I can't rule out McHale being better this season, I think Carlisle is just a darn good coach.

koreancabbage
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
westbrook was clutch

he also took a lot of bad shots during games.

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Tyson Chandler has always been overrated as a defender. I'd rather have Dalembert. He's as good a defender but costs like $13,000,000/yr less.

I hope so :D

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 04:34 PM
dallas is way better then hou right now hou traded their whole bench they lost asik lin and parsons and only added ariza while the mavs got Tyson and parsons to a team that won 49 games last year and took the champs to 7 games:speechless:

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Not yet. The offseason is a long way from over and a lot of things can happen between now and the start of the season. Ask me again when it gets closer to the season and we have a better idea of what these final rosters will look like. I'll probably go for it.

Ok... I thought you are saying you would bet Houston would do better..? Anyways I don't mind waiting.

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 05:16 PM

After watching Dale for a while I bet you will change your mind, plus cost should have no effect to you unless you are paying for it. Tyson's contract is up after this season

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
westbrook was clutch

Getting a call nobody ever gets is clutch? How many refs call a foul on a rushed 30 foot three point shot with 7 seconds left in a game where the defender doesn't even touch the shooter? Even with a slight elbow graze they don't call them 99.9 percent of the time. Him jumping into CP3 and knocking him over on the inbounds pass while not being called for an obvious, intentional foul is definitely very clutch!

Let's not forget about his great steal . Westbrook had the better series

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Let's not forget about his great steal . Westbrook had the better series

Yea, Westbrook was great but "clutch" seems a bit much no? No doubt he made big plays throughout the series, but in the clutch it was more refball fu**ing with the games than anything or senseless turnovers (by both teams actually). The reffing was atrocious all throughout the series, even against OKC at times. Lucky for OKC when it mattered most (late in games) they typically got the calls.

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Ok... I thought you are saying you would bet Houston would do better..? Anyways I don't mind waiting.

That's exactly what I was saying. Gun to my head right now, I think Houston has the better record by the end of the year. But there's a big difference in making a prediction four months before the start of the season and making a sig bet prediction four months before the start of the season. I'd like to see how both rosters fill out first and how the rest of the offseason plays out before I'm willing to don some sort of homoerotic Dirk/Parsons man-love image on my sig for months.

TylerSL
07-22-2014, 06:08 PM
I disagree with some of these rankings, as I would go

1.San Antonio Spurs
2.Los Angeles Clippers
3.Chicago Bulls
4.Oklahoma City Thunder
5.Portland Trailblazers
6.Cleveland Cavaliers
7.Dallas Mavericks
8.Miami Heat
9.Toronto Raptors
10.Pheonix Suns
11.Washington Wizards
12.Houston Rockets
13.Memphis Grizzlies
14.Indiana Pacers
15.Charlotte Hornets
16.Golden State Warriors
17.New Orleans Pelicans
18.New York Knicks
19.Atlanta Hawks
20.Minnesota Timberwolves
21.Denver Nuggets
22.Brooklyn Nets
23.Detroit Pistons
24.Los Angeles Lakers
25.Boston Celtics
26.Orlando Magic
27.Sacramento Kings
28.Milwaukee Bucks
29.Philadelphia 76ers
30.Utah Jazz

Edit: This is before any possible Kevin Love trade.

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 06:26 PM
That's exactly what I was saying. Gun to my head right now, I think Houston has the better record by the end of the year. But there's a big difference in making a prediction four months before the start of the season and making a sig bet prediction four months before the start of the season. I'd like to see how both rosters fill out first and how the rest of the offseason plays out before I'm willing to don some sort of homoerotic Dirk/Parsons man-love image on my sig for months.

Hahaha (picturing that Sig) no prob man

east fb knicks
07-22-2014, 07:23 PM
my top 5

spurs
okc
dal
lac
chi

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 07:51 PM

I still want to make our SIG bet, Houston doesn't get out of first round this year.

blahblahyoutoo
07-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Interesting Miami is right in the middle of the pack at #15.. I know they lost the best player in the world but they are bringing in some good players. Especially in the east, I see them as a better team then that

we're midpack in the east as well, no denying that.

blahblahyoutoo
07-22-2014, 08:07 PM

it's because he skips leg day at the gym.

mightybosstone
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
I still want to make our SIG bet, Houston doesn't get out of first round this year.

lol.... That was NOT what you suggested. Your suggestion was that Houston wouldn't even make the playoffs. That was sig bet I offered you. We never said anything about getting out of the first round.

Htownballa1622
07-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Lol dudes switching stories.

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 10:13 PM

lol.... That was NOT what you suggested. Your suggestion was that Houston wouldn't even make the playoffs. That was sig bet I offered you. We never said anything about getting out of the first round.

I never agreed to a SIG bet on that tho you just threw that out there cuz I said they might miss playoffs .

Not too confident in your team tho are ya? First round scare ya? :(

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Scurrrrrrrred :p

Thumper 88
07-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Any Houston fans want to Sig bet that Houston won't go further than Dallas or have a better record?

mightybosstone
07-23-2014, 12:14 AM
I never agreed to a SIG bet on that tho you just threw that out there cuz I said they might miss playoffs .

I'm not going to get baited into a stupid sig bet that we never previously discussed. You know all well and good the sig bet I offered you last week. This was not that bet. In the brutal Western Conference, NO team is safe in the first round. I could see Houston going to the Finals or getting swept in the first. So, no, I'm not confident in them getting out of that round at all. It's that tough to predict, and any fan of a Western Conference team who says otherwise is being an arrogant fool.

Mr.B
07-23-2014, 01:28 AM
I disagree with some of these rankings, as I would go

1.San Antonio Spurs
2.Los Angeles Clippers
3.Chicago Bulls
4.Oklahoma City Thunder
5.Portland Trailblazers
6.Cleveland Cavaliers
7.Dallas Mavericks
8.Miami Heat
9.Toronto Raptors
10.Pheonix Suns
11.Washington Wizards
12.Houston Rockets
13.Memphis Grizzlies
14.Indiana Pacers
15.Charlotte Hornets
16.Golden State Warriors
17.New Orleans Pelicans
18.New York Knicks
19.Atlanta Hawks
20.Minnesota Timberwolves
21.Denver Nuggets
22.Brooklyn Nets
23.Detroit Pistons
24.Los Angeles Lakers
25.Boston Celtics
26.Orlando Magic
27.Sacramento Kings
28.Milwaukee Bucks
29.Philadelphia 76ers
30.Utah Jazz

Edit: This is before any possible Kevin Love trade.
I would move Cleveland to #5, Mavs to 6, and Portland to 7. Everything else I agree with.

Mr.B
07-23-2014, 01:37 AM
I don't really put any stock in the regular season matchups. The Spurs completely dominated the Mavs in the regular season and we all saw what happen in the playoffs. Now I'm not saying that the Mavs would definitely beat the Clippers because they also have one of the leagues best coaches but I do think it would go 6 or 7 games.

Allphakenny1
07-23-2014, 02:06 AM
I would move Cleveland to #5, Mavs to 6, and Portland to 7. Everything else I agree with.

You agree with the Warriors at 16?

ThuglifeJ
07-23-2014, 02:29 AM

I'm not going to get baited into a stupid sig bet that we never previously discussed. You know all well and good the sig bet I offered you last week. This was not that bet. In the brutal Western Conference, NO team is safe in the first round. I could see Houston going to the Finals or getting swept in the first. So, no, I'm not confident in them getting out of that round at all. It's that tough to predict, and any fan of a Western Conference team who says otherwise is being an arrogant fool.

I never said anything about your offer you were talking to yourself. I wouldn't bet the league doesn't let the rockets get a seed, I see them sneaking in the 6- 8th so im not betting that. They do good in regular season anyways, but not playoffs.. you know.. where it matters? when they stop gifting harden flop whistles and fall flat on their faces?

Have some confidence in your dam team..you won't even bet them getting out of the first round?? You sure as hell were promising them beating the blazers. Even when they went down you guaranteed them winning..what's the deal? I thought they got better with STAR-IZA.

You really don't sound confident this year.

TylerSL
07-23-2014, 03:00 AM
You agree with the Warriors at 16?

Golden State is really going to miss Mark Jackson. With 9 teams good enough to make the postseason in the West already, and Anthony Davis and the Pelicans are going to be turning some heads this season, I see Golden State missing the postseason next year. Obviously if they get Love things change, but as of right now I'm not taking the Warriors over any of San Antonio, LAC, OKC, Portland, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, or Memphis. I think the loss of Mark Jackson really hurt this franchise.

nastynice
07-23-2014, 03:31 AM
whoa, dubs pretty high at 5. Its so wide open though, top 11 are almost interchangable throughout, obviously some teams would be toward the top like the spurs and thunder.

wide open as hell though, its gonna be a fun season

east fb knicks
07-23-2014, 05:53 AM
whoa, dubs pretty high at 5. Its so wide open though, top 11 are almost interchangable throughout, obviously some teams would be toward the top like the spurs and thunder.

wide open as hell though, its gonna be a fun season

now that's one thing I think everybody here can agree with this upcoming season imo is going to be more anticipated then 2010

3ballbomber
07-23-2014, 06:07 AM
Miami have 3 main issues: PG, Center & Bench. Poor rebounding teams don't bode too well, especially in the playoffs. Wade, Bosh & Deng are going to have to play one of the best seasons of their careers for Miami to do well this season. We are still yet to see how Wade's knees will react to having to carry a heavier load than he has been in the last 4 seasons.

Rockice_8
07-23-2014, 08:44 AM
MIA is a middle of the pack team even in the East. Teams like ATL, BK, CHAR, INDY are all on the same tier as them. They are relying heavily on Wade and that doesn't bode well for them. Bosh's numbers will increase and he'll get back to his 20/10 ish number probably but counting on Wade now for the regular season is asking for trouble.

They are a 6-8 seed and could even miss the playoffs. They have no wing they can count on to break down the D consistently and their bench is weak. I think MIA will struggle this year.

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 07:08 PM
It is good to see Charlotte getting some love.

We definitely can be a Top four team in the East.

SugeKnight
07-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Golden State is really going to miss Mark Jackson. With 9 teams good enough to make the postseason in the West already, and Anthony Davis and the Pelicans are going to be turning some heads this season, I see Golden State missing the postseason next year. Obviously if they get Love things change, but as of right now I'm not taking the Warriors over any of San Antonio, LAC, OKC, Portland, Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, or Memphis. I think the loss of Mark Jackson really hurt this franchise.
Sig bet?

NBA_Starter
07-23-2014, 10:54 PM
The Heat are way too high.

east fb knicks
07-23-2014, 11:29 PM

I think Portland is going to miss the playoffs and you forgot to mention Denver don't sleep on them either

NBA_Starter
07-24-2014, 07:36 PM
On what would you base Portland missing the playoffs?

east fb knicks
07-24-2014, 08:17 PM

bench

por has the least depth of any team in the west

I think the suns or nuggets will take their spot

NBA_Starter
07-24-2014, 08:35 PM
bench

Even if the Suns lose Bledsoe?

east fb knicks
07-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Even if the Suns lose Bledsoe?

that's not happening but if the suns did lose Bledsoe then i'll give the edge back to the blazers

IgglesFanInCO
07-24-2014, 08:53 PM
bench

:D at least one person mentions the nuggets sweet

They have a better starting 5, depth, overall talent, and coach than their 57 win team a couple years ago, people are sleeping on them too damn much just cause they were running out their 3rd string team last year, its honestly ridiculous

NBA_Starter
07-24-2014, 10:37 PM
that's not happening but if the suns did lose Bledsoe then i'll give the edge back to the blazers

I hope it doesn't happen.

east fb knicks
07-24-2014, 11:39 PM
:D at least one person mentions the nuggets sweet

They have a better starting 5, depth, overall talent, and coach than their 57 win team a couple years ago, people are sleeping on them too damn much just cause they were running out their 3rd string team last year, its honestly ridiculous

yo im not sleeping on them I really think they make the playoffs next year and they got affalo back that's an underrated move no one is talking about that's going to pay off

east fb knicks
07-24-2014, 11:44 PM
I hope it doesn't happen.

it's not even if the suns give Bledsoe the max they can always trade him but I think dragic is gone in 2015 so their going to keep eric

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2014, 11:46 PM

The fact that they overachieved the first half of last season.

Clippersfan86
07-25-2014, 02:56 AM
Portland overachieved due to incredible luck health wise and a soft schedule the first half. That being said.. it's a big stretch to go from 5 seed to dropping out of the playoffs, especially because they have nice young pieces with upside and still developing. Maybe a drop from 5 to 6 or 7 seed though.

NBA_Starter
07-25-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree with Clippersfan86. Now Portland is known to go into tank mode if their playoff chances are slim but other than LMA or Lillard getting hurt I just can't see them falling all the way out.