PDA

View Full Version : SAS on First Take today: Kobe should demand a trade!

monzternipz12
07-21-2014, 11:50 AM
This would probably never happen but, what if it did? Where would he go?

DR_1
07-21-2014, 11:51 AM
No contender would be able to afford his contract. He won't go anywhere.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Nobody would trade for that contract and those knees

LAKobeBryant
07-21-2014, 11:52 AM
why would be demand a trade when he just said "'100 Percent' Happy with Lakers' Efforts to Improve Roster"

Crackadalic
07-21-2014, 11:55 AM
It's not going to happen. He demanded a trade to the bulls and even that got nix. I don't see anyone trading for him unless he shows he can be 80% Kobe

Minimal
07-21-2014, 12:06 PM
he has 2 more years of ridiculous contract, noone is gonna take him

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 12:13 PM

The Knicks for Amare's expiring contract, Early, Hardaway Jr., and a future draft pick.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-21-2014, 12:26 PM

The Knicks for Amare's expiring contract, Early, Hardaway Jr., and a future draft pick.

I sure hope not lol

Greet
07-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Kobe has demanded a trade before, or something along the lines of "Bring me better pieces, or I'm leaving"

THE MTL
07-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Kobe's legacy is set. It is only right for him to finish off this career as a Laker and only as a Laker. SAS has no respect for the game or a legacy

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 12:48 PM
I sure hope not lol

It's a high offer but its credible IMO. Kobe would be playing in the triangle again under Phil and Fisher, two people Kobe trusts completely. We take Amare's or Bargnani's contract off their hands, and in exchange we ask for prospects/draft picks since we would be completely rebuilding by trading Kobe. I think Phil would like the possibility of pairing up Kobe and Melo in the triangle.

valade16
07-21-2014, 12:50 PM

Were I the Knicks I would demand a future pick just for the burden of taking on Kobe's contract.

He is coming off a major injury with a ton of miles at an advanced age. Him NOT being done would be the surprise.

Blink
07-21-2014, 12:52 PM
He wasn't even serious when he said this

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2014, 12:55 PM
I want him 20years in Purple & Gold.

ChucksBeard
07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Kobe's legacy is set. It is only right for him to finish off this career as a Laker and only as a Laker. SAS has no respect for the game or a legacy Steven A is undoubtedly one of the least respectful 'analysts' out there, and is borderline stupid

FYL_McVeezy
07-21-2014, 01:06 PM

:laugh::laugh:

Yeah right, you can keep him!!!!

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Were I the Knicks I would demand a future pick just for the burden of taking on Kobe's contract.

He is coming off a major injury with a ton of miles at an advanced age. Him NOT being done would be the surprise.
Well its a negotiation process. I come with a high offer, they come with a lower offer, and we meet somewhere in the middle. It won't happen but the only reason the trade with the Knicks were to happen is because I believe Phil wouldn't mind having Kobe in the triangle with Melo, I think that would work in NY in the eastern conference.

Nycbball08
07-21-2014, 01:16 PM
It's a high offer but its credible IMO. Kobe would be playing in the triangle again under Phil and Fisher, two people Kobe trusts completely. We take Amare's or Bargnani's contract off their hands, and in exchange we ask for prospects/draft picks since we would be completely rebuilding by trading Kobe. I think Phil would like the possibility of pairing up Kobe and Melo in the triangle.

Haha you guys belong on def comedy jam, the Lakers should be offering any team multiple pics for taking on Kobe's contract.

bleedprple&gold
07-21-2014, 01:17 PM

:laugh::laugh:

Yeah right, you can keep him!!!!

Kobe for Amare straight up. Would Knicks fans even do that?

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Haha you guys belong on def comedy jam, the Lakers should be offering any team multiple pics for taking on Kobe's contract.

I'm not surprised since this is the PSD NBA forum, but "you guys" are totally underestimating Kobe. I think of all people to make Kobe and Melo work in the triangle it's Phil ****ing Jackson.

Da Knicks
07-21-2014, 01:21 PM

No, he would take cap flexibility next year. Lakers would have to throw picks at any team to unload him at this point.

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 01:31 PM
it is meaningless for him to get #6 somewhere else other than the purple and gold.

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Also, Kobe stays with a franchise and is loyal. He sticks it out, good and bad.

Not like LeBron to be ring chasing and to go to the sexier chick as he wishes when things get tough.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
20 years on one team.. Nobody has ever done that

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 02:19 PM
20 years on one team.. Nobody has ever done that
Yup, closest was Stockton with 19

Burkey3472
07-21-2014, 02:24 PM
It was really stupid just to bring up because it isn't going to happen. He wouldn't win a title with that Knicks roster anyway.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Yup, closest was Stockton with 19

I really don't think anyone will ever come close to these 2 ever again besides the old vets playing now.. The new trend now is to "Lebron a championship" in other words join with 1 or 2 other superstars to get a ring. I think this will happen a lot more in the future.

Hellcrooner
07-21-2014, 02:34 PM
knics wouldnt do it, and eliminate all the capspace they have for next year.

Maybe they could trade him to Nets for some of their awful as hell deals.

bleedprple&gold
07-21-2014, 03:15 PM

No, he would take cap flexibility next year. Lakers would have to throw picks at any team to unload him at this point.

Its a sad day when you can't even trade Kobe for bum knees Amare (not that I would do it).

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-21-2014, 03:16 PM

Who would they get with that cap space though? Marc Gasol is the best prize out there and that's not the sexiest thing in the world. Love will be traded somewhere and signed, and Aldrich said he is going to sign for 5 years in Portland.

If the Lakers traded Kobe for that dumpster fire named Amare and a second round pick in Early I would riot.

bleedprple&gold
07-21-2014, 03:17 PM

Yea Nets would take him for some of their bad contracts but Lakers wouldn't do that.

ManRam
07-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Kobe took money + LAL over winning again. That's his prerogative, but he's at least stuck there for this season. Maybe he's movable next year, but aside from MAYBE Brooklyn I can't think of a team that would be willing to trade for him.

Raidaz4Life
07-21-2014, 03:27 PM
I genuinely think people are underestimating Kobe Bryant at this point. If Rudy Gay can be traded then there is no reason Kobe couldn't. Kobe is one of the few players in the league that could make a team profitable all on his own. I'd say 2 years at 24 mil per is hardly outrageous for what he brings.

east fb knicks
07-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Who would they get with that cap space though? Marc Gasol is the best prize out there and that's not the sexiest thing in the world. Love will be traded somewhere and signed, and Aldrich said he is going to sign for 5 years in Portland.

If the Lakers traded Kobe for that dumpster fire named Amare and a second round pick in Early I would riot.
ummmmmmmm all signs are pointing to love not getting traded k love is still very available I think gasol is a smoke screen

ManRam
07-21-2014, 03:39 PM
I genuinely think people are underestimating Kobe Bryant at this point. If Rudy Gay can be traded then there is no reason Kobe couldn't. Kobe is one of the few players in the league that could make a team profitable all on his own. I'd say 2 years at 24 mil per is hardly outrageous for what he brings.

But we're talking about trading him to a contender, right? That's a whole different story than the Sacramento Kings.

He's not at all worth $24 million a year going forward. It's silly to suggest so. It is outrageous. He got paid because of what he's done in the past, not because of he he'll actually be worth over the span of that contract. And the latter is all you can reasonably expect other teams to care about.

Laker Legend42
07-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Kobe's legacy is set. It is only right for him to finish off this career as a Laker and only as a Laker. SAS has no respect for the game or a legacy

He was saying the he himself (speaking as a Knicks fan) would like to see Kobe demand a trade to the Knicks. Reunite with Phil and D fish and help resurrect the franchise. A lot of times Stephen A will say something as if it's an idea of his own but in some cases it's something he's heard. I guess to protect his "sources "

Bruno
07-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Nobody would trade for that contract and those knees

the knicks would offer Amares expiring in a heart beat if Kobe demanded a trade. we'll take tim Hardaway JR while were at it.

i don't see Kobe ring chasing. MVP caliber five time champions generally don't ring chase.

Bruno
07-21-2014, 04:58 PM
He was saying the he himself (speaking as a Knicks fan) would like to see Kobe demand a trade to the Knicks. Reunite with Phil and D fish and help resurrect the franchise. A lot of times Stephen A will say something as if it's an idea of his own but in some cases it's something he's heard. I guess to protect his "sources "

all our old guys. puts Laker fans in a bit of an awkward place. too bad NYK didn't land Pau.

Bruno
07-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Kobe took money + LAL over winning again. That's his prerogative, but he's at least stuck there for this season. Maybe he's movable next year, but aside from MAYBE Brooklyn I can't think of a team that would be willing to trade for him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/69387/tim-duncan-willing-to-pay-the-price-for-titles

Iron24th
07-21-2014, 05:00 PM

This

Bruno
07-21-2014, 05:03 PM
If Kobe Bryant signed for 13 million annually, what would the Lakers have done differently in free agency?

You've got an extra $10M, what are you going to do with it?

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Knicks fans would be stupid not to take that. Lakers would be dumb to even offer it.

CKinKC
07-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Any Knicks fan who would be upset is a fool, u realize you are paying Amare (yes Amare the same amount as Kobe). You do also realize the Knicks have been and will continue to be irrelevant for years??? With Bron in the East, Bulls, Pacers, Miami, there's 0 hope going forward. Lets be real here

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2014, 05:05 PM
the knicks would offer Amares expiring in a heart beat if Kobe demanded a trade. we'll take tim Hardaway JR while were at it.

i don't see Kobe ring chasing. MVP caliber five time champions generally don't ring chase.
I agree.

scissors
07-21-2014, 05:10 PM
No contender would be able to afford his contract. He won't go anywhere.

Easier to trade (if your under the Tax line) than it used to be. You can bring back 150% salary (+$100k) in a trade. So in order to take back his $24 million you would have to send out $15.9 million. He's also expiring. People could do it. The Mavs could trade newly acquired Chandler Parsons for example for Kobe. Not that they would. But if he was playing well and they wanted to stay competitive while clearing space for next summer it would be a deadline deal. <-- only an example of what it might look like for a good team.

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 05:19 PM

I could see your point. New York and maybe Brooklyn would be interested, both have terrible contracts. I think if Kobe leaves, he will only take New York because he wouldn't want to play in Brooklyn.

IndyRealist
07-21-2014, 10:42 PM

His contract wouldn't be a burden for the Knicks. Or the Lakers. Probably only teams that COULD afford him, maybe the Nets too.

Jazzgear
07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
he has 2 more years of ridiculous contract, noone is gonna take him

Daryl Morey disproved that myth for me. He showed that no one nor any crap contract (cough cough, Asik Lin) is untradeable. Just depends on what crap you wanna take back or assets you're willing to give up.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2014, 11:29 PM
He's right.

ankit
07-21-2014, 11:41 PM
I doubt Kobe ever leaves, He has a legacy as a Laker as he is a lifer won 5 titles there and has too much pride to go to another place. However one place i see Kobe going is to Spurs as a free agent, now i don't know how this will ever work out and if it will ever happen but both Kobe and Tim are looking for title 6 why not just join forces and get one together. If Kobe is shipped anywhere the Lakers will demand an exorbitant package, like if he goes to the bulls, the Lakers will demand Derick Rose which is too much and I'm not saying the Bulls should do that or will ever consider it but that's what the Lakers will demand or a Jokim Noah and Taj Gibson the very least. If Kobe is shipped to New York, they will want Carmelo,its that simple. You want Kobe in Miami they will want a Bosh and Deng. Kobe to the clippers which seems like the most realistic scenario as Kobe would still get to reign in LA and where you can have a Chris Paul, Kobe and Griffin. Well you will need to give up Blake Griffin or Deandre Jordon but the Lakers would press for Griffin. Most people forget Kobe was out only one season and when he comes back he will be scoring 26 a game easily, its as simple. If Kobe comes back and proves the critiques wrong that he hasn't lost a step the Lakers may be able to move him before the deadline and get something valuable back for him, however this will not be a smart business move as Kobe puts people in their seats and Kobe is he face of the Lakers. I only seeing him retie as a Laker not winning anymore titles but making the Lakers competitive in the West unless he desperately wants to win title number 6.