PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on his naysayers and critics: [expletive] YOU!

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 03:11 AM
This is a quote from earlier today from Kobe on his take on people's approval of him:

I don’t give a [expletive] what you say,” Bryant told Y! Sports late Friday. “If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, ‘Kobe chocked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.’ Well, [expletive] you.

“Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That’s what I play for. Most of the time, when guys feel the pressure, they’re worried about what people might say about them. I don’t have that fear, and it enables me to forget bad plays and to take shots and play my game.”

https://twitter.com/LD2K

nickdymez
07-21-2014, 03:18 AM
I agree

bucketss
07-21-2014, 03:22 AM
i would tell kobe to go **** himself to! but i need more accolades under my belt before i can talk to him apparently.

CityofTreez
07-21-2014, 03:24 AM
He should've stuck to the "Get over it" remark.

That was better, and more original.

5ass
07-21-2014, 03:42 AM
you mad bro?

seikou8
07-21-2014, 03:43 AM
cool story brooo i hope he would think like that being that he is kobe ****ing bryant

Chronz
07-21-2014, 03:52 AM
I miss Kobe's antics. NBA will be less entertaining without him thats for sure.

JeffG20
07-21-2014, 04:26 AM
If he really didnt care about anyones approval then he would not feel the need to say stuff like this. Kind of feel bad for the guy, always comes across as bitter and angry about something

3ballbomber
07-21-2014, 04:39 AM
i would tell kobe to go **** himself to! but i need more accolades under my belt before i can talk to him apparently.
lol

Duncan = Donkey
07-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Haha, dude clearly cares what people think about him

jaydubb
07-21-2014, 07:04 AM
If he really didnt care about anyones approval then he would not feel the need to say stuff like this. Kind of feel bad for the guy, always comes across as bitter and angry about something

Or maybe it's that he's annoyed with getting asked the same questions over and over for 18 years? :shrug:

PurpleLynch
07-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Ahah Kobe I really love you.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2014, 07:16 AM
free as a seagull as one great man said

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Who's Colby?

superwill
07-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Kobe & Michael l love them their great not given damn how anyone feels,somewhere smush parker and Jeryl Sasser are saying I hate these no good mother ****ers

ManRam
07-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Wouldn't expect anything else. It's that attitude that helps make him what he is. There are some valid criticisms out there of him, just like every player. But for him there isn't much a reason to care. He more or less speaks honestly, and that's pretty dope.

Also, not sure why this is in the NBA Main.

savvy1803
07-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Wouldn't expect anything else. It's that attitude that helps make him what he is. There are some valid criticisms out there of him, just like every player. But for him there isn't much a reason to care. He more or less speaks honestly, and that's pretty dope.

Also, not sure why this is in the NBA Main.

This .. and good for him for saying it and as to it being in the NBA main ask yourself why Lebron's choice of numbers is a thread in here or various other bait related garbage etc etc .

AddiX
07-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Kobe trying to remind us he still exist...

While boozer has to carry the team...

savvy1803
07-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Kobe trying to remind us he still exist...

While boozer has to carry the team...

Lefty Kreh has written some wonderfull books that may improve your false casting AddiX lol :) .

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2014, 11:26 AM
:nod:

ink
07-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Obviously it concerns him if he answered the question.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Who's Colby?

Colby Brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8rUhlC0xY

Hawkeye15
07-21-2014, 01:20 PM
This .. and good for him for saying it and as to it being in the NBA main ask yourself why Lebron's choice of numbers is a thread in here or various other bait related garbage etc etc .

haha, exactly

PurpleLynch
07-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Lefty Kreh has written some wonderfull books that may improve your false casting AddiX lol :) .

lol

nysportsfan23
07-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Ask he about his ridiculous contract and it's effect on the lakers. More relevant question, response would be more intriguing.

RaiderLakersA's
07-21-2014, 01:35 PM
This is a quote from earlier today from Kobe on his take on people's approval of him:

I can think of a long list of great players across the professional sports spectrum that would have responded the exact same way. Anyone surprised by this response probably has never both been succesfful AND had literally thousands of people, from peers to the uninitiated, second guess, criticize, ridicule, hate and/or denigrate your every decision on the court of basketball.

The things that people hate about Kobe are also the very same things that make him one of the best to ever play the game. The two go hand in hand.

The only real surprise here is that people are still bothered by what Kobe does and says. When will his detractors learn? Kobe is two years from retirement. If he didn't listen to you when you was a young, malleable teen first playing in the NBA, he damn sure isn't going to listen to you now, some 7 Finals appearances, 5 NBA titles, 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP, multiple 1st team all NBA selections, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, and until last year a virtually unbroken streak of NBA All Star appearances later. That's like a pauper telling a billionaire how to generate income.

Tony_Starks
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Can't stand this guy. He thinks just because he has a bunch of rings and records he can say whatever he wants. News flash Kobe: championships don't matter, historical individual achievements don't matter, it's all about how efficiently you play the game!!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Can't stand this guy. He thinks just because he has a bunch of rings and records he can say whatever he wants. News flash Kobe: championships don't matter, historical individual achievements don't matter, it's all about how efficiently you play the game!!!

lmfao

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 02:03 PM
So true.

Sadds The Gr8
07-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Obviously it concerns him if he answered the question.

this

Pakman
07-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Not sure if drunk??

ManRam
07-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Not sure if drunk??

He's being sarcastic. He clearly doesn't understand the arguments he's making fun of, however.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-21-2014, 03:30 PM
i would tell kobe to go **** himself to! but i need more accolades under my belt before i can talk to him apparently.exactly so move along smush

numba1CHANGsta
07-21-2014, 04:00 PM
People need to stop comparing Kobe's career to MJ's, if MJ never existed, all of you haters would be worshipping what Kobe has done in his career instead of always criticizing him

Heatcheck
07-21-2014, 04:04 PM
We get it, you don't care what people say and your willing to say curse on the record...nothings going to change the past buddy, move it along.

bucketss
07-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Colby Brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8rUhlC0xY

thats just creepy

InRoseWeTrust
07-21-2014, 04:14 PM
I love Kobe.

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 04:56 PM
We get it, you don't care what people say and your willing to say curse on the record...nothings going to change the past buddy, move it along.

You as a fan of your team are in no position to be criticizing others after what your "now most hated man on the planet we could care less about the last 4 yrs" did to his hometown 4 yrs ago and now what he did to you guys. Talk about "changing the past" and "moving along". Look at yourselves in the mirror.

CKinKC
07-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Might be the dumbest thing ever written

beliges
07-21-2014, 05:29 PM
One of the top 6 players to ever play the game. Im sure he could care less what people think of him at this point. He really has nothing more to prove. A few people will always hate on the guy and be hate loudly, but the vast majority of people will pretty much all agree that Kobe is one of the 6 or 7 greatest players to ever play the sport.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2014, 05:44 PM
It has to sting that he's all but forgotten at this point

slashsnake
07-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Might as well say it. Nobody really will care what he said in the off-season when his career is over. He doesn't win another ring, he goes away with 5, and people will remember that.

P&GRealist
07-21-2014, 06:48 PM

He is not forgotten and never will be.

PurpleLynch
07-21-2014, 07:01 PM

I disagree. A 36 years old Kobe probably bring more money to the Lakers in one season than the entire Raptors lineup can hope to do for their team.

He's in his decline,but he will never be forgotten. You can bet on that.

5ass
07-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Had Kobe been a better teammate he could've finished top 5 all time.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Name of the past.

Jamiecballer
07-21-2014, 08:02 PM
He is not forgotten and never will be.

I disagree. A 36 years old Kobe probably bring more money to the Lakers in one season than the entire Raptors lineup can hope to do for their team.

He's in his decline,but he will never be forgotten. You can bet on that.
It wasn't meant as an insult. He's more legend than current star IMO thanks to 2 years off. The hype machine that is the NBA has moved on.

AddiX
07-21-2014, 08:07 PM
I feel like we had a good run on psd where the kobe stans hide under rocks snd didn't show there face for awhile.

Now all of sudden they got boozer and they all amped up again.

goingfor28
07-21-2014, 08:13 PM
but has he rape anyone recently? ;)

ThuglifeJ
07-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Love it.

I'd prolly like lebron and new guys more if they wete more honest about criticism or w.e. and not all passive aggressive

I do find it interesting that stars do hear the little criticisms like the 7/whatever comment that sometimes gets tossed around. These guys do watch sports center and w.e time to time , just pretend they don't until they reach a boiling point like this.

ManRam
07-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Love it.

I'd prolly like lebron and new guys more if they wete more honest about criticism or w.e. and not all passive aggressive

I do find it interesting that stars do hear the little criticisms like the 7/whatever comment that sometimes gets tossed around. These guys do watch sports center and w.e time to time , just pretend they don't until they reach a boiling point like this.

You lost me at Kobe-not-being-passive-aggressive.

ThuglifeJ
07-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Love it.

You lost me at Kobe-not-being-passive-aggressive.

Joking? Kobe is almost always as straight forward as can be.

ManRam
07-21-2014, 08:54 PM

Have you ever taken a gander at his twitter? It often OOOZESS with exactly what you're saying he doesn't do.

Yes, he's often incredibly blunt. However, he's also often incredibly passive-aggressive.

Tony_Starks
07-21-2014, 09:56 PM
One thing is for certain: this is going to be a fun year for Kobe fans, doubters, and haters alike. Either a bounce back year that proves all the nay sayers wrong, or fall off the cliff and all the critics can revel in the downfall. Kobe and D Wade, actually......

0nekhmer
07-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Kobe used to have a certain charm about his statements. But he's really just coming off as bitter and wants to vent a little because everyone's forgetting about him. Kind of sucks he's got zero opportunity to shut anyone up because, well his team will be horrid.

Hotone1401
07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Kobe used to have a certain charm about his statements. But he's really just coming off as bitter and wants to vent a little because everyone's forgetting about him. Kind of sucks he's got zero opportunity to shut anyone up because, well his team will be horrid.

Kobe's been the same person in the media for the last decade, honest & direct. How do you suggest he would answer a question like that? I can't think of a charming way to tell my hater/doubters to stfu.

It's amazing how many different interpretations there are when it comes to these things.

ThuglifeJ
07-21-2014, 10:14 PM

Have you ever taken a gander at his twitter? It often OOOZESS with exactly what you're saying he doesn't do.

Yes, he's often incredibly blunt. However, he's also often incredibly passive-aggressive.

I don't actually. Any examples would be nice. I feel like Kobe being passive aggressive would be more humorous tho cuz you know he's gonna come out and be, like you said, incredibly blunt about w.e that may be.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Haters gonna hate.

still1ballin
07-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Hez ze gratest!

no ?s askd

bucketss
07-21-2014, 10:48 PM
kobe recently followed lil weezy on twitter :)

ldawg
07-22-2014, 09:44 AM
I actually hope Knick and Lakers are decent. would be a great season.

ManRam
07-22-2014, 09:56 AM
I don't actually. Any examples would be nice. I feel like Kobe being passive aggressive would be more humorous tho cuz you know he's gonna come out and be, like you said, incredibly blunt about w.e that may be.

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2014/02/28/kobe-bryant-master-of-passive-aggression/
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/3/1910684/kobe-bryant-phil-jackson-lakers
http://mashable.com/2013/02/25/kobe-bryant-mark-cuban-twitter/

Also, anything ever said about Mike D'Antoni.

The guy is the MASTER of throwing passive aggressive shade. And frankly, that's awesome. There are millions of more examples. I remember he tweeted a Steve Jobs quote about not making things easy for people or whatever. Clearly fade towards Dwight.

hidalgo
07-22-2014, 10:18 AM
typical classless thin skinned douchie KB comment. biggest turd in sports

GiantsSwaGG
07-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Kobe clipped his toe nails this morning

TheMightyHumph
07-22-2014, 12:19 PM

Interestingly, that's what I say to Kobe

ThuglifeJ
07-22-2014, 01:31 PM

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2014/02/28/kobe-bryant-master-of-passive-aggression/
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/1/3/1910684/kobe-bryant-phil-jackson-lakers
http://mashable.com/2013/02/25/kobe-bryant-mark-cuban-twitter/

Also, anything ever said about Mike D'Antoni.

The guy is the MASTER of throwing passive aggressive shade. And frankly, that's awesome. There are millions of more examples. I remember he tweeted a Steve Jobs quote about not making things easy for people or whatever. Clearly fade towards Dwight.

Subtle shots in those situations are different IMO. Like he's clearly directing these at Dwight of Antoni ..rather than what I consider annoying passive aggressive.

TheIlladelph16
07-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Kobe continues to be a boss even as his playing career fades.

It is a little funny how much of a pass Kobe gets for generally being an ***hole though. I can't imagine Lakers fans clamoring to support any other player outside of LA if they acted the same way off the court. Not knocking the way Kobe handles the press and fans, its a tad ironic is all.

ManRam
07-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Subtle shots in those situations are different IMO. Like he's clearly directing these at Dwight of Antoni ..rather than what I consider annoying passive aggressive.

Subtle = passive :shrug:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I don't mind it. I like that part of his persona. But it is a fact: he can be VERY passive aggressive. Call it subtle, whatever. It's great. It's fun to talk about.

koreancabbage
07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Kobe continues to be a boss even as his playing career fades.

It is a little funny how much of a pass Kobe gets for generally being an ***hole though. I can't imagine Lakers fans clamoring to support any other player outside of LA if they acted the same way off the court. Not knocking the way Kobe handles the press and fans, its a tad ironic is all.

Kobe was never the boss. he was always a douche though. 81 points is nice though.

TheIlladelph16
07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Kobe was never the boss. he was always a douche though. 81 points is nice though.

I respect the **** out of Kobe, despite the fact that I think he is a grade A douche. Definitely respect other players more who aren't like him, but success gets you a big pass in many people's eyes. His IDGAF attitude is admirable in a way.