PDA

View Full Version : Report: Timberwolves prefer Klay Thompson to Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade

spreadeagle
07-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Wolves would be crazy to pass up Wiggins for Klay imo

If the Cavaliers are really willing to trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love, the deal should be completed soon.

The Timberwolves can take advantage of LeBron James’ desire to play with Love and get phenomenal return for a player who might walk in a year.

It’s a no-brainer.

Unless…

Joe Kotoch of Pro Basketball Draft:
"Not to burst Cavs fans bubble but if Warriors are willing to include Thompson that trumps Cavs. Wolves prefer Klay bc more ready per source."

Klay Thompson is more ready? Ready to do what? Help Minnesota win 40 games again?

The Timberwolves finished 10th in the West last season with Love. Regardless of whether they trade the top-10 player for Thompson or Wiggins, they’re taking a step back. Flip Saunders isn’t that good of a coach, and the rest of the roster didn’t change much.

The West is too strong, anyway. Minnesota is better off rebuilding in earnest with Wiggins and letting the conference’s top teams cool off. Even if the Timberwolves were somewhat positioned to win now – they’re not – the intense intra-conference competition should push them in the direction of a longer-term process.

I hope Saunders is just trying to leverage the Warriors’ unwillingness to deal Thompson for Love into squeezing out every last possible asset from Cleveland in a Love-Wiggins trade. Wiggins plus salary filler to make the trade work under CBA rules is enough, but I don’t begrudge Saunders for trying to get more. He has Love, and therefore, he has some leverage.

But if he truly prefers Thompson to Wiggins, Saunders is more unqualified to run the Timberwolves than we ever imagined.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/18/report-timberwolves-prefer-klay-thompson-to-andrew-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade/

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Wolves might be more foolish than I thought. I would not be surprised if they offered Rubio a max at this point. Wiggins ceiling=way higher than Thompson. I am really appalled by Wolves. Hope they make the right move.. Losing Love for Thompson must be a crime.

bleedprple&gold
07-19-2014, 01:35 AM
What's the obsession with Thompson? He's a nice player, but he's no superstar. He's a borderline all-star at best. Wiggins has superstar potential. I would take Wiggins and wouldn't think twice.

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 01:42 AM
What's the obsession with Thompson? He's a nice player, but he's no superstar. He's a borderline all-star at best. Wiggins has superstar potential. I would take Wiggins and wouldn't think twice.

Do you even need to think? This is a no brainer. The fact that they are even suggesting Thompson over countless other players is mindblowingly insane. Develop Bennet and see what you can get from him. Try to get at least 1 1st round pick protected 1-10 from Cleveland. They have 3 1st round picks if they do this. Even if all that fails, Wiggins has market value. You can always get a good value for him.

TheNumber37
07-19-2014, 01:53 AM
Klay is a 20 point scorer primarily off screens and as a decoy. He's got great Size and defends. He's a shooter.

As the number 1 option, he'd be a 25, 5 5 TYPE of player. I don't think Wiggins ever puts that up. As he's years from being a scorer which the wolves would need trading 25 and 12

shep33
07-19-2014, 01:56 AM
Perhaps its the ability to take Thompson, Lee (an all-star) and fillers, while having Gstate take back Martin?

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Klay is a 20 point scorer primarily off screens and as a decoy. He's got great Size and defends. He's a shooter.

As the number 1 option, he'd be a 25, 5 5 TYPE of player. I don't think Wiggins ever puts that up. As he's years from being a scorer which the wolves would need trading 25 and 12

As a first option, he gets shut down by the opposing team's wing defender...

bleedprple&gold
07-19-2014, 02:03 AM
Perhaps its the ability to take Thompson, Lee (an all-star) and fillers, while having Gstate take back Martin

Why are they so desperate to have someone take Martin? They just signed him to that contract last year and he put up numbers on par with his career averages. Were they expecting him to magically become a superstar?

sens#11fan
07-19-2014, 02:06 AM
I would rather get Wiggins, even if Thompson maybe nba ready. Wiggins has way more potential and even if Thompson is NBA ready he won't help them contend. Their better of developing Wiggins and build off the draft.

KINGOFSPORTS
07-19-2014, 02:07 AM
hahaha what a joke!!!!

The Twolves are so full of it!!!!

They are just getting Cavs to include Wiggins + some

Why would they want Klay over Wiggins? hahahah

abe_froman
07-19-2014, 02:12 AM
well,there is a reason the wolves are in the position they are always in

bleedprple&gold
07-19-2014, 02:13 AM
hahaha what a joke!!!!

You're right they are probably bluffing, but Cavs are already offering Wiggins and more (have to anyway to match salaries), but how high can the Cavs go?

raiderposting
07-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Wolves are stupid if this is true. Why take on lee and Thompson? After this season they would cost 30+ million.

Wiggins you'll be guaranteed 7 years.

Take wiggins get another high pick. Don't match on a Rubio offer at the end of the season.

You can have a potential lineup in 2015 of

?
Wiggins
Batum
Karl towns jr/cliff Alexander
Dieng

You can then sign and trade pek for a Legit PG. Dragic comes to mind.

That would put the wolves in much better position to succeeding term.

You're going nowhere with Thompson and lee.

KINGOFSPORTS
07-19-2014, 02:16 AM
I think the Cavs should give Wiggins a shot to play with LeBron so he can get inflated stats THEN do a trade

Klay doesnt want to goto twolves and they wil get more desperate the closer it gets to Loves free agency

I cant believe the Cavs would consider giving up Wiggins for Love

bootypants
07-19-2014, 02:16 AM
I would rather get Wiggins, even if Thompson maybe nba ready. Wiggins has way more potential and even if Thompson is NBA ready he won't help them contend. Their better of developing Wiggins and build off the draft.

I notice your avatar is of a hockey player.....

That being said, Klay "maybe" NBA ready?

Wut?

:speechless:

NBAfan4life
07-19-2014, 02:18 AM
If the Wolves take Thompson over Wiggins I will vomit. I swear living in Minnesota sucks.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2014, 02:19 AM
The More I watch Wiggins the more I understand why people are fearful of him.

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 02:21 AM
The More I watch Wiggins the more I understand why people are fearful of him.

Meaning fearful of playing against him or having him?

sens#11fan
07-19-2014, 02:29 AM
I notice your avatar is of a hockey player.....

That being said, Klay "maybe" NBA ready?

Wut?

:speechless:

I worded it differently, my bad. I meant Klay Thompson has showed that he can produce and defend at a high level (NBA), he may not be a star, but he can play. Wiggins hasn't played in the NBA yet, so we don't know for sure how it is going to turn out. However, im sure he'll be better than Klay.

More-Than-Most
07-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Meaning fearful of playing against him or having him?

Having him

sens#11fan
07-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Having him

How so?

Kyben36
07-19-2014, 03:27 AM
False, come on guys, what they are trying to do is get the Cavs to include more in the package and thats it, it would be stupid to think that any team would really want Klay over Wiggins, while Wiggins is unproven, Wiggans can be a #1 option at some point in his carear, i dont think he will be, but the ceiling is there, Klay is nothing more than a really good shooter to me, and highly over rated IMO.

seikou8
07-19-2014, 03:30 AM

umm no your overrating klay thompson big time,even if does put those numbers up your team is not winning more 30 games with klay as number 1 option on offense. timberwolves should just try to rebuild and reload with picks and young players.

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2014, 04:14 AM

Can't say it better myself

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2014, 04:15 AM
False, come on guys, what they are trying to do is get the Cavs to include more in the package and thats it, it would be stupid to think that any team would really want Klay over Wiggins, while Wiggins is unproven, Wiggans can be a #1 option at some point in his carear, i dont think he will be, but the ceiling is there, Klay is nothing more than a really good shooter to me, and highly over rated IMO.

Then again this is most likely the truth

moshy2
07-19-2014, 04:43 AM

I don't know, from the beginning reports have said the Wolves preferred talent now than youth and potential and that Klay was their top target. I won't say I agree with it, but that has been the word from the start.

And Klay is more than a really good shooter. In fact, his shooting may be the overrated part of his game IMO. He can be streaky. It's not always there. He misses more wide open shots than you'd think. Every year he's expanded his repertoire on offense. He can score off the dribble and from the post pretty well, he just abandons it. His defense has improved every year as well and is actually a strength of his. He's in no way a superstar or #1 option but he gets unfairly labeled just a shooter often.

Kyben36
07-19-2014, 05:12 AM
I don't know, from the beginning reports have said the Wolves preferred talent now than youth and potential and that Klay was their top target. I won't say I agree with it, but that has been the word from the start.

And Klay is more than a really good shooter. In fact, his shooting may be the overrated part of his game IMO. He can be streaky. It's not always there. He misses more wide open shots than you'd think. Every year he's expanded his repertoire on offense. He can score off the dribble and from the post pretty well, he just abandons it. His defense has improved every year as well and is actually a strength of his. He's in no way a superstar or #1 option but he gets unfairly labeled just a shooter often.
I agree with what your saying but this here is the point, he abandons it and becomes a jump shooter, and i think that what he allways will be, yes he can do those things, but they are rare, alot of his points come from a few things, curls off screens for 2 or 3s, wide open jump shots, or pull ups or fast breaks. he settles too much, there is a diference between being a good creator who can shoot, and being a shooter who can get to the rim.
I think obviously Wiggins has the potential to be the first, that said, i worry about his drive personally, i dont think he has that it factor to be the guy. but ive been wrong before. if you would have asked me in 2007 if Joakim noah would ever make an allstar team, much less be in talks for nba player of the year, i would have said no way,

Method28
07-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Having him

How so?

My guess would be how limited his offense appears to be. I understand he can improve, but he would need to make leaps and bounds to be a franchise game changer that many are claiming he can be.

If I'm the Cavs however i still would not give up Wiggins for Love knowing this. His role (particularly on defense) could be VERY important. More so than Love IMO.

Minimal
07-19-2014, 06:30 AM
wolves prefer klay huh? then why dont you make a deal already? ohh yeah, because you don't really want him, you just try to make it seem like you are willing to take gs deal if cavs dont include more assets. wolves are getting greedy here.

ManningToTyree
07-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Smoke and mirrors

goingfor28
07-19-2014, 06:52 AM
That'd be great if they took Klay over wiggins

jp611
07-19-2014, 07:42 AM
I like drugs too.

DR_1
07-19-2014, 07:43 AM
That'd be great if they took Klay over wiggins

Great for the East lol

Goose17
07-19-2014, 08:11 AM
lol... Klay is overrated according to some in this thread, and yet Wiggins is a borderline superstar despite the fact we've never seen him play a single NBA game?

Sorry, but this is just too funny.

Goose17
07-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Oh and to clarify, I'm not saying Klay is worth more than Wiggins. I'm just saying you can't call an NBA player overrated (any player) while at the same time proclaiming a rookie who has never played in a single NBA game as the next MVP, future all star, champion, superstar, franchise changing beast.

JasonJohnHorn
07-19-2014, 08:26 AM
With Klay they KNOW they got an All-Star calibre player and a great shooter.

Wiggins is a draft pick, first or not, and he MAY be a bust. There is no way of knowing.

The Cavs should get on the phone with GSW and see if they want Wiggins and work out a three team deal that sends Love to Clevaland, Wiggins to SanFran and Klay to Minny with some picks and perhaps Tristan going to Minny as well.

GSW gets to keep Lee and Bogut for team chemistry, potential superstar added to the back court in Wiggins who is on a rookie contract and therefore much more affordable than Love.

Minny gets who they want (Klay + picks and Tristan)

Cleveland gets who they want: : Love.

LOOTERX9
07-19-2014, 09:34 AM
wiggins is the only risk in these trade scenarios. he cant shoot nor dribble yet. he is a project so i dont blame cavs or twolves wanting more polished nba guys on the team. wiggins can be a big bust for all we know. plus lbj dont have time to wait for him to develop.

Bostonjorge
07-19-2014, 09:35 AM
With Klay they KNOW they got an All-Star calibre player and a great shooter.

Wiggins is a draft pick, first or not, and he MAY be a bust. There is no way of knowing.

The Cavs should get on the phone with GSW and see if they want Wiggins and work out a three team deal that sends Love to Clevaland, Wiggins to SanFran and Klay to Minny with some picks and perhaps Tristan going to Minny as well.

GSW gets to keep Lee and Bogut for team chemistry, potential superstar added to the back court in Wiggins who is on a rookie contract and therefore much more affordable than Love.

Minny gets who they want (Klay + picks and Tristan)

Cleveland gets who they want: : Love.

GS would get wiggins, and Thomson

Minny would get klay, Bennett, waiters

Cavs get love and Martin

Everyone wins in trade

hugepatsfan
07-19-2014, 09:43 AM
MIN isn't going to compete for titles for a long, long time if they take the GS deal. They want to extend Rubio. If they get Klay they're obviously going to pay him. They're also taking on Lee's contract. MIN will be stuck as a borderline playoff team in the West for the foreseeable future. They'll be stuck picking 10-14 in the lottery or getting bounced in the first round year after year.

I really think MIN would be closer to a title just letting Love walk for nothing. Obviously they'll be much, much worse in the short term but they'll be a lot farther along the path to building a championship caliber team. But apparently the MIN owner doesn't want to rebuild and have non sold out arenas.

And to be clear that's no an indictment at all of Klay or even Lee. Very good players (not Lee as much but he's good). They're just not good enough to be the core part of a title team.

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2014, 10:01 AM
I like men too.

Fixed :)

BallIsAll
07-19-2014, 11:08 AM
I'd rather get wiggins let him develop throughout the season and get another lottery pick. Wiggins is already a beast on defense and just turned 19. He can develop a shot doesn't have to be the best shooter. He can live in the paint like a young lebron.

JustinTime
07-19-2014, 11:43 AM
hahaha what a joke!!!!

Your absolutely right they are just playing the game.

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2014, 01:56 PM
wouldnt surprise me if it was true. Saunders is an idiot and thinks he can get that team to contend right away when they should rebuild right away with the clearly better prospect. I'm not even that high on Wiggins and think he's clearly the better piece than Klay.

Jenceman
07-19-2014, 02:08 PM
That's why they're the wolves
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Oefarmy2005
07-19-2014, 08:20 PM
I really hope its just posturing. I want Wiggings all he way.

IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Dumb. Ur not gunna compete now, rebuild. U rebuild with the sky-high potential of Wiggins, not the borderline-star Klay who is going to want a Max next year.

dalton749
07-19-2014, 08:30 PM
the wolves would miss the playoffs for the next 10 years and give rubio and klay the max lol
in wiggins third year its pretty much a guarantee he can match klays production
and it wouldnt require paying a max anytime soon

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 08:49 PM
They are probably just wanting that leaked to drive the price up on Cleveland.

ClevelandSpider
07-19-2014, 09:00 PM
GS would get wiggins, and Thomson

Minny would get klay, Bennett, waiters

Cavs get love and Martin

Everyone wins in trade

That's the dumbest trade idea I've seen so far for love...

No one loses? Except the Cavs who vastly overpay and lose all their assets and depth for a free agent to be and a bad contract...

The longer this drags on, the weaker the offer I would offer the Wolves, Wiggins ain't going anywhere

LOOTERX9
07-19-2014, 09:31 PM
wiggins is not a good player at the moment. what is wrong with delusional cavs fans? yall have lebron now. go for championships!! smfh

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 09:37 PM
They will regret not taking Wiggins.

MonroeFAN
07-19-2014, 09:42 PM
wow, Klay is a nice player but he's not a player you can potentially build a franchise around. He's hardly even proven in the NBA.

Some of the decisions Minnesota makes are head scratchers.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 09:59 PM
I am telling you it is to drive the price up..

gatkins11
07-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Smokescreen. Minnesota may want more from Cleveland.

Teeboy1487
07-19-2014, 10:17 PM

This

the brave eagle
07-19-2014, 10:20 PM
there's so many reports out there that say different things, there's a report within the last day that cavs won't trade wiggins for love which i think automatically disqualifies them, i would choose wiggins over klay but it depends on what the assets are around them that will get a deal finalized

likemystylez
07-19-2014, 10:39 PM

LOL- like irving or lebron?

likemystylez
07-19-2014, 10:41 PM
the wolves would miss the playoffs for the next 10 years and give rubio and klay the max lol
in wiggins third year its pretty much a guarantee he can match klays production
and it wouldnt require paying a max anytime soon

Lmao- he could have a career ending injury.... or get in a car accident or all kinds of things.... no way is it a gaurentee. wiggins hasnt even played an nba game yet

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 10:41 PM
LeBron for Love lol

likemystylez
07-19-2014, 10:42 PM
wow, Klay is a nice player but he's not a player you can potentially build a franchise around. He's hardly even proven in the NBA.

Some of the decisions Minnesota makes are head scratchers.

everybody cleveland is offering has not even contributed on a playoff team in the east..... atleast klay is one of the main guys on a playoff team OUT WEST where teams actually take an interest in winning games and arent trying to tank like half the eastern conference

likemystylez
07-19-2014, 10:43 PM
LeBron for Love lol

MIn would prob consider that

bucketss
07-19-2014, 10:47 PM
LOL- like irving or lebron?
i wouldn't be surprised if irving is what they're demanding at this point, lol

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Minnesota should take Wiggins, Bennett or Thompson, and a 1st round pick for 2015 and be happy.. They are reaching and I only hope they don't lose Love for being too greedy.

NYMetros
07-19-2014, 11:23 PM
I am so confused by Minny. They're being offered Wiggins, Bennett, a 1st and they WANT MORE?? What??

What a joke of a team. No wonder they're always at the bottom of the league.

Bostonjorge
07-20-2014, 05:40 AM
That's the dumbest trade idea I've seen so far for love...

No one loses? Except the Cavs who vastly overpay and lose all their assets and depth for a free agent to be and a bad contract...

The longer this drags on, the weaker the offer I would offer the Wolves, Wiggins ain't going anywhere

James, love and Irving big 3 is enough to win a title. We all know this formula works just fine. Especially when u have the best player in league. Varejao and Martin round out the starting lineup. 2 players who are and have been starters in this league for 7 years plus. Miller, Allen and jones three point specialist off the bench. Haywood as backup C. How are these 9 players not enough to win a title? Love makes a huge difference and is worth it today.

I mean James makes his teammates better right? James "helping" make a better version of love and Irving is to much for any team to handle.

tredigs
07-20-2014, 05:53 AM
What's underrated in this thread is how demanding Steph Curry is on a defense. Which is common.

5ass
07-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Minnesota should take Wiggins, Bennett or Thompson, and a 1st round pick for 2015 and be happy.. They are reaching and I only hope they don't lose Love for being too greedy.

Or.. the report is not true.

JLeBeau76
07-20-2014, 07:16 AM
James, love and Irving big 3 is enough to win a title. We all know this formula works just fine. Especially when u have the best player in league. Varejao and Martin round out the starting lineup. 2 players who are and have been starters in this league for 7 years plus. Miller, Allen and jones three point specialist off the bench. Haywood as backup C. How are these 9 players not enough to win a title? Love makes a huge difference and is worth it today.

I mean James makes his teammates better right? James "helping" make a better version of love and Irving is to much for any team to handle.

smh....ok, first off allen hasn't signed yet. Next up is even if he did, him, jones and miller aren't able to handle heavy minutes anymore.

Then there's Haywood who if we are lucky, can put in a solid 10-15 minutes a night (cavs got him more for the ten million expiring contract/trade chip next year than for a contribution on the court).

So basically, the Cavs are supposed to give up all their youth and depth to get one guy (not even touching the Martin aspect of this...just ugh) who is a defensive liability. Oh, and our starters are going to have to log 40 minutes a night to overcome no depth, leaving them exhausted for the playoffs.

Umm....no thanks, the Cavs can wait on this and either get a better deal (would do Waiters, Bennett and 2 firsts in a heartbeat or can even be talked into Wiggins and Bennett) or roll with the current roster and upgrade if needed at trade deadline.

cheetos185
07-20-2014, 08:17 AM
LeBron for Love lol
Imagine if Gilbert does that showing LeBron middle finger hahaha.

archdevil84
07-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Imagine if Gilbert does that showing LeBron middle finger hahaha.

would honestly be pretty funny. lebron finnaly coming home and then the next day he just gets traded away to another team

Trueblue2
07-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Kaaahhnnn

Wai, that's not right.

Trueblue2
07-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I think the Cavs should give Wiggins a shot to play with LeBron so he can get inflated stats THEN do a trade

Klay doesnt want to goto twolves and they wil get more desperate the closer it gets to Loves free agency

I cant believe the Cavs would consider giving up Wiggins for Love

I don't think wiggins game is the type to be inflated by lebrons presence, I see it having more of aa d wade effect than a mo Williams effect.

LOOTERX9
07-20-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't think wiggins game is the type to be inflated by lebrons presence, I see it
having more of aa d wade effect than a mo Williams effect.

lebron needs shooters. wiggins cant shoot. case closed. how is wiggins gonna develop dribble skills also when kyrie and lbj will dominate the ball? wiggins will be benched most the time for lack of shooting come playoffs i can see it a mile away. wiggins needs to develop on a team like wolves that are rebuilding. not on title contender like cavs cause lbj's skill set needs good shooters around him. love over wiggins easily.

LOOTERX9
07-20-2014, 12:17 PM
plus im still not sold on wiggins ever developing into the player that even love is right now. His offense is very limited and seeing him in college i noticed he would not shoot the ball as much as i would have liked some games. he was too passive. i dont think he has the killer instinct to be a franchise player. if he does its still gonna take him way too much time to develop for 30 yr old lebron to find useful.cavs should just trade lebron to contender and rebuild with wiggins .hahahahaha

Chronz
07-20-2014, 12:30 PM
What's underrated in this thread is how demanding Steph Curry is on a defense. Which is common.

And just how much they value Klay's ability to mask Curry's defensive liabilities.

king4day
07-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I hope Minny brass isn't this stupid. I have to believe this is just posturing to get the Cavs to include more. But they MUST take a chance on Wiggins. Cheaper and higher upside. Getting him along with Bennett would give them a solid young core to build around with Rubio, Lavine, and Deng (spelling).

Getting Thompson makes them the 'tredmill' team.

xnick5757
07-20-2014, 01:16 PM

Irving
Martin
James
Love
Varejao

Is Lebron going to defend all 5 positions, because he's the only good defender in that starting 5 lol. That team would probably be the worst defensive team in the NBA. Any team with good 2 way guards would absolutely thrash the double traffic cone defense up top of irving and martin.

FlashBolt
07-20-2014, 01:18 PM
I hope Minny brass isn't this stupid. I have to believe this is just posturing to get the Cavs to include more. But they MUST take a chance on Wiggins. Cheaper and higher upside. Getting him along with Bennett would give them a solid young core to build around with Rubio, Lavine, and Deng (spelling).

Getting Thompson makes them the 'tredmill' team.

And Cavs also offered their first round pick for next season. If they aren't trying to force Cavs to add more and are seriously running for Thompson, I have a reason to believe that Minnesota's front office is one of the worst.

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2014, 02:23 PM
And Cavs also offered their first round pick for next season. If they aren't trying to force Cavs to add more and are seriously running for Thompson, I have a reason to believe that Minnesota's front office is one of the worst.

Hahaha, so just that gives you a reason to believe that our front office is one of the worst? Dude, the last 10 years of the franchise should have put that position to rest - our FO is "turrible."

likemystylez
07-20-2014, 04:54 PM

their first round pick for next year if they land love will be like 25 or higher.... basically a garbage player. the twolves cant land a quality player with a top 10 pick... with a number 25 pick- they will pick a guy who wont even make the team

Arch Stanton
07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
their first round pick for next year if they land love will be like 25 or higher.... basically a garbage player. the twolves cant land a quality player with a top 10 pick... with a number 25 pick- they will pick a guy who wont even make the team

The Cavs have 3 firsts next year. Their own, Miami's, and Memphis (protected 1-5, 15-30).

tredigs
07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
And just how much they value Klay's ability to mask Curry's defensive liabilities.

Klay's not an elite defender. A 2 guard with ability to handle points is not uncommon. Klay's O would fall off next to Rubio (despite him being a great passer), and whoever they bring in next to Curry will have a career shooting year.

colinskik
07-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Maybe the Wolves are seeing it from my perspective and don't want the Cavs (or more specifically Lebron) to have a "Big 3" in the first season he comes back to Cleveland. I mean, what is this? They already have a solid team with Lebron and Kyrie, now the NBa is trying to fix it so Love goes there too? No.

I love the idea of a spite trade just so you don't automatically hand Cleveland the East.

bucketss
07-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Maybe the Wolves are seeing it from my perspective and don't want the Cavs (or more specifically Lebron) to have a "Big 3" in the first season he comes back to Cleveland. I mean, what is this? They already have a solid team with Lebron and Kyrie, now the NBa is trying to fix it so Love goes there too? No.

I love the idea of a spite trade just so you don't automatically hand Cleveland the East.

hows the nba trying to fix it?

colinskik
07-20-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm not serious, at least not 100%, but my point is that everything always seems to work out perfectly for Lebron. The team's already got 3 of the last four #1 overall picks and now they're lined up to get Love as well?

If one of the positives of Lebron back to CLE was parity in the East, then let's have that. CLE does not need Love to contend. They will be a formidable team with the guys they have plus Lebron.

tredigs
07-20-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm not serious, at least not 100%, but my point is that everything always seems to work out perfectly for Lebron. The team's already got 3 of the last four #1 overall picks and now they're lined up to get Love as well?

If one of the positives of Lebron back to CLE was parity in the East, then let's have that. CLE does not need Love to contend. They will be a formidable team with the guys they have plus Lebron.
Lmfao -- This is astoundingly ignorant. Everything worked "perfectly" for him in Cleveland? I realize the East sucks, but so did his team other than him and a few quality role players here or there.

Teams will make themselves the best they possibly can, I can't comprehend somebody not understanding that. They're supposed to say, "hey guys I think we're good enough and should be competitive in the East, let's stand pat here because Lebron had it pretty good in Miami. Cool?".

Denverbronco007
07-20-2014, 06:05 PM
If I'm the Cavs I would only trade Wiggins for Love. That's it. Nothing more. I think Wiggins is going to be a Superstar in this league...

bucketss
07-20-2014, 06:10 PM

parity in the east sure, but than whatever teams comes out of the east will get smashed by the west. you wanna watch continuous sweeps and blowouts in the finals?

Bostonjorge
07-20-2014, 06:39 PM
parity in the east sure, but than whatever teams comes out of the east will get smashed by the west. you wanna watch continuous sweeps and blowouts in the finals?

Better then watching one team completely destroy the east and make it boring. We already saw 4 years of that and the east had no excitement at all. Some matchup's were even painful to watch.

Now the west has balance and the first rd alone are amazing. These playoffs that just past were amazing and one of the best. Every round and game out west were great and there were no clear cut favorites.

cheetos185
07-20-2014, 06:44 PM
would honestly be pretty funny. lebron finnaly coming home and then the next day he just gets traded away to another team
He takes the flight to Ohio but it lands in minny instead laugh.

bucketss
07-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Better then watching one team completely destroy the east and make it boring. We already saw 4 years of that and the east had no excitement at all. Some matchup's were even painful to watch.

Now the west has balance and the first rd alone are amazing. These playoffs that just past were amazing and one of the best. Every round and game out west were great and there were no clear cut favorites.

actually in 2012/2013 there were competitive series, game 7 vs celtics(2012), game 6 vs pacers(2012,won without bosh), and game 7 vs pacers in 2013. and the heat have only won the east regular season once in those 4 years.

Iron24th
07-20-2014, 08:39 PM
They're more stupid than I thought, why di they want to overpay klay when they can get wiggins for cheap as long as his rookie contract?!

bucketss
07-20-2014, 08:42 PM
They're more stupid than I thought, why di they want to overpay klay when they can get wiggins for cheap as long as his rookie contract?!

remember this is the same team that drafted rubio and jonny flyn with back to back picks.

bucketss
07-20-2014, 08:48 PM
remember this is the same team that drafted rubio and jonny flyn with back to back picks.

actually i think they have a difference front office now lol.

JustinTime
07-20-2014, 08:55 PM
T-wolves clearly want to win now so they should make it a 3-way trade and send Wiggins, Bennett and Dieng to Toronto for Derozan, Amir and Jonas and a 1st

bucketss
07-20-2014, 09:12 PM
T-wolves clearly want to win now so they should make it a 3-way trade and send Wiggins, Bennett and Dieng to Toronto for Derozan, Amir and Jonas and a 1st

loool way too much man

JustinTime
07-20-2014, 10:25 PM
loool way too much man

I was thinking two little I doubt T-wolves would even do it. Amir's knees are bad, Derozan is alright but he needs major work on his defense and outside shooting, Jonas is another bad defender with limited post moves. Wiggins, Bennett, and Dieng all have more potential than any of those guys.

NYKNYGNYY
07-20-2014, 11:08 PM
I don't get it ... I love klay he's dirty n has one of the best shots in the NBA ... But even still I'd rather have wiggins
Why not mold wiggins into the allstar he should be

Better off going with wiggins to, klay wants a max contract n there gonna have to give it to him for him to stay in Minnesota plus there not close to contending no matter what way u look at it... Go with the best prospect in years in wiggins ń grow that way

This has to be a play to get Cleveland to throw in more

colinskik
07-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Lmfao -- This is astoundingly ignorant. Everything worked "perfectly" for him in Cleveland? I realize the East sucks, but so did his team other than him and a few quality role players here or there.

Teams will make themselves the best they possibly can, I can't comprehend somebody not understanding that. They're supposed to say, "hey guys I think we're good enough and should be competitive in the East, let's stand pat here because Lebron had it pretty good in Miami. Cool?".

Honestly dude, STFO with your ********. Don't call me ignorant. If you want to respond to my post then at least try to understand it first before you start with your idiocy.

I never said his time in Cleveland worked out perfectly, I was referring to his career in general that has pretty much been ideal. So he hasn't won the chip every year. He's still been to the finals plenty, won it twice, teamed up with his buddies in south beach (a dream location), and now he's back home to a team that has been set up by the NBA with three of the last four number one overall picks. If you don't think that's a pretty plum situation than you're either stupid, blind, or both. Not a lot of players are subject to these types of privileges.

And now the Lebron is most likely going to be another stacked team? it's total BS. If he's the best player in the league it's pretty frustrating to most fans that he also gets to play on the best teams every year as well ... and for different organizations! C'mon, open your eyes. I never said the Cavs shouldn't be trying to acquire Love. Of course they want to do that! I said that the Cavs are a good team without Love, and as a fan of the NBA and actual competitive, entertaining basketball, I'd like to see great teams that are evenly matched. Especially when we've seen that Lebron can pretty much do it all by himself, it's insulting to the fans (except CLE fans) to add another top level talent when other teams out there have nothing at all.

JEDean89
07-21-2014, 12:10 AM
If I'm Lebron I'm calling up Love and telling him to tell teams he won't be signing an extension and that he will be entering FA. Between Kyries 14 mil, Lebron's 21 and Wiggins 5 they will still have an estimated 25 mil in cap (if they clear thompson, waiters and bennet) which should be enough to sign Love and fill the team out. A Kyrie, Wiggins, Lebron, Love core would be uterly dominant.

ankit
07-21-2014, 12:13 AM
The Wolves say they like Klay Thompson because they wanna drive the price up. They are obviously going to choose a Wiggins package over Thompson, however they maybe trying to extract Anthony Bennett as well. The one problem here is the Wolves wait too long, the price for Love significantly decreases in January or near the deadline. Secondly i doubt the Cavs have even offered Wiggins, they are still trying to work a deal with Benett, Waiters, they know in Wiggins and Lebron they have an all star in James for 6 years and a future all star in Wiggins for another 10-15 years. So if they keep Wiggins he will develop more with James as a mentor and they could pass the torch eventually to him when James retires. Its like Shaq and Kobe the Lakers eventually passed the torched to Kobe after the Shaq era.

JustinTime
07-21-2014, 12:33 AM
The Wolves say they like Klay Thompson because they wanna drive the price up. They are obviously going to choose a Wiggins package over Thompson, however they maybe trying to extract Anthony Bennett as well. The one problem here is the Wolves wait too long, the price for Love significantly decreases in January or near the deadline. Secondly i doubt the Cavs have even offered Wiggins, they are still trying to work a deal with Benett, Waiters, they know in Wiggins and Lebron they have an all star in James for 6 years and a future all star in Wiggins for another 10-15 years. So if they keep Wiggins he will develop more with James as a mentor and they could pass the torch eventually to him when James retires. Its like Shaq and Kobe the Lakers eventually passed the torched to Kobe after the Shaq era.

I hear people say this a lot and I don't agree at all with it. Did Kobe need a mentor? James? Durant? Jordan? Most of the NBA's super stars come from teams that are awful at the beginning of their careers and I think Wiggins would develop much better on the T-wolves being their #1 option than on the Cavs where he'd never handle the ball.

chunj22
07-21-2014, 01:07 AM
umm no your overrating klay thompson big time,even if does put those numbers up your team is not winning more 30 games with klay as number 1 option on offense. timberwolves should just try to rebuild and reload with picks and young players.

More draft picks? Do me a favor and look at the Wolves draft picks since 2010. 1 or 2 decent players, more not even on the team and nothing even close to a star. Plus anyone getting Love would be a dramatically better team, so how is getting a bunch of draft picks in the 15-25 range going to help when they don't draft well to begin with???

This rumor about Wiggins or Thompson was likely leaked by someone in the Wolves management chain. They're trying to pit the Cavs against the Warriors to get either one. As of today, neither Thompson nor Wiggins have been included in a deal.

I think both teams should just call the Wolves' bluff. They will NOT let LOVE go for nothing in return. If Love is 'intrigued' to play w/ the Cavs and/or the Warriors. They can bid for him next year when he opts out of his contract.