Nets/Knicks/Hawks/Hornets/Pistons

Likely to make Playoffs but no real title chances

Trailblazers/Rockets/Mavs/Clippers/warriors
Raptors/Wizards

Second Tier Title Contenders

Clippers/Heat/Bulls/Pacers

Clear Cut Title Contenders

Thunder/Spurs/Cavs*

*providing they indeed get love, it not they are second tier.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Likely to make the playoffs:

Hornets

TrueFan420
07-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Last time I checked the warriors were still in the NBA

Hellcrooner
07-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Last time I checked the warriors were still in the NBA

They probably got stranded while moving to Sanfran.

PacersForLife
07-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Lottery Bound 100%
76ers, Jazz, Celtics, Magic, T-Wolves, Bucks

Likely Lotto
Kings, Lakers, Pistons, Nets

Late Lotto/ low seeded playoffs bubble.
Knicks, Hornets, Suns, Nuggets, Pelicans

Grizzlies, Mavs, Wizards, Raptors, Hawks, Heat, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets

Pacers, Thunder, Clippers, Cavs, Bulls

Spurs

(Assuming everyone is healthy and no roster moves are made.)

Hellcrooner
07-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Lottery Bound 100%
76ers, Jazz, Celtics, Lakers, Magic, T-Wolves, Lakers, Bucks

Likely Lotto
Kings, Pelicans, Nuggets, Pistons, Nets

Knicks, Hornets, Suns, Nuggets

Grizzlies, Mavs, Wizards, Raptors, Hawks, Heat, Warriors

Pacers, Thunder, Clippers, Cavs, Bulls

Spurs

(Assuming everyone is healthy and no roster moves are made.)

wow wont league complain that lakers get into teh lottery twice?

sf-fanatic
07-18-2014, 09:37 PM
NBA Champions

Warriors

sf-fanatic
07-18-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure if I put the Pacers or Bulls (ONLY because Derrick Rose is a huge ?) as second tier title contenders right now.

PacersForLife
07-18-2014, 09:39 PM

Lol fixed it, hard to keep track while doing this.

PacersForLife
07-18-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure if I put the Pacers or Bulls (ONLY because Derrick Rose is a huge ?) as second tier title contenders right now.

Understandable, I don't think losing Stephenson is this huge deal that everyone seems to makes it out to be.

DaBear
07-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Lottery Bound 100%

Jazz
Sixers/celtics/Magic

Likely Lotto

Timberwolves/Pelicans/Lakers/
Bucks

Nuggets/Grizzlies/Suns/Kings

Trailblazers/Rockets/Mavs/Clippers/warriors
Raptors/Wizards

Clippers/Heat/Bulls/Pacers

Thunder/Spurs/Cavs*

*providing they indeed get love, it not they are second tier.

Even if the Cavs do get Love, I don't think they're "clear cut." Lord knows they'll have to give up quite a bit for him, and we already saw what the Spurs did to a Heat team with no depth.

JoeDirt05
07-18-2014, 09:45 PM
The blazers are still in the league last I checked

LAKobeBryant
07-18-2014, 09:54 PM
cavs can't be second tier even if they dont get love. i mean one team on east got to be in finals ;)

PacersForLife
07-18-2014, 10:03 PM
cavs can't be second tier even if they dont get love. i mean one team on east got to be in finals ;)

Hard to pick somebody from the East as a clear cut title contender at this point.

Cal827
07-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Well **** This Illuminati Rigged **** :laugh2:

Cal827
07-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Lottery Bound:

Jazz/Minnesota/Lakers/Bucks/Magic/Philly/Knicks/Celtics

Likely Lottery, but could overshoot and sneak into a late playoff spot:

Pistons/Kings/Pelicans/Nuggets/Suns/Hawks

Teams likely to get in with a later spot (could still go far, but things need to go really right lol):

Nets/Pacers or Hornets)?/Rockets/Warriors

Teams that are going to likely pack the Middle, but window at a championship appears to be closing (At this point):

Miami/Dallas/Pacers/Grizzlies

Teams that likely pack the middle, but are uprising:

Wizards/Raptors/Hornets/Blazers

Between an uprising team and a contending team:

Cavs (for Now)

Title Contenders:

Clippers/Thunder/Bulls/Spurs

This is gonna sound like a broken record, but I don't have the Spurs by themselves because, they have to fall off at some point, right?!

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:25 PM
The Pacers are getting way too much credit, they will be a 5, 6, or 7 seed.

BALLER R
07-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Raptors and Wizards will be better than the Pacers

BALLER R
07-18-2014, 10:39 PM

This

LAKERMANIA
07-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Spurs, OKC, Cavs

2nd tier title contenders
Clippers, Mavs, Bulls

Likely to make playoffs but no real title chances
Warriors, Rockets, Blazers, Pacers, Wizards, Hawks, Charlotte, Heat, Raptors

Late Lotto/Low Seeded Playoffs
Lakers, Grizzlies, Suns, Nuggets, Knicks, Pelicans

Likely Lotto
76ers, Kings, Pistons, Nets

Lottery 100%
Celtics, T'wolves, Bucks, Jazz, Magic

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the love LakerMania, some don't even have us making the playoffs.

LAKERMANIA
07-18-2014, 10:53 PM

I'm sorry which team are you a fan of?

PacersForLife
07-18-2014, 11:06 PM
People need to keep in mind that the Pacers became good before Lance Stephenson did.

I think the Hornets could be anywhere from the 5-8 seed.

LAKERMANIA
07-18-2014, 11:09 PM
I think the Hornets could be anywhere from the 5-8 seed.

Yeah Hornets are definitely making the playoffs.

Phenomenonsense
07-19-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm sorry which team are you a fan of?

CHA Hornets.

Vinny642
07-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Pelicans making the PLayoffs if completely healthy...

LAKERMANIA
07-19-2014, 12:10 AM
CHA Hornets.

Ah, thanks.

JeffG20
07-19-2014, 12:39 AM

That's a big If given our history. I'd like to trade Ryan Anderson to PHO for their medical staff

TheNumber37
07-19-2014, 12:48 AM
Knicks are gonna win the Atlantic division. They are better than the Nets

sf-fanatic
07-19-2014, 01:04 AM
I don't think the issue is mainly Stephenson for the Pacers. Which Roy Hibbert is going to play in 2014 ?

DoMeFavors
07-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Dont understand how Celtics are 100% lottery bound, they have Rondo. I am sure a lot of people felt Suns last yr would be 100% lottery bound but they had great chemistry. I dont think you can say a Rondo led team is 100 percent lottery bound.

TheNumber37
07-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Everyone here is consistently listing the Nets, Celtics, and Sixers below the Knicks... This makes them, at least a 4 seed

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Everyone here is consistently listing the Nets, Celtics, and Sixers below the Knicks... This makes them, at least a 4 seed

Your forgetting the raptors... So no that dosnt make em 4th

seikou8
07-19-2014, 03:44 AM
Understandable, I don't think losing Stephenson is this huge deal that everyone seems to makes it out to be.

um they lost there second option and there best player maker is gone keep in mind they have no real pg either they will be top 5 seed but no longer a title contender

Hellcrooner
07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Dont understand how Celtics are 100% lottery bound, they have Rondo. I am sure a lot of people felt Suns last yr would be 100% lottery bound but they had great chemistry. I dont think you can say a Rondo led team is 100 percent lottery bound.

WHo is going ROndo to pass the ball to?

Thats the downside of a Pass first PG.

Cal827
07-19-2014, 01:09 PM

I kinda agree, but with them drafting Marcus Smart, there's a good chance (at least I think) that Rondo might be on another team at the start of the season (E.g Sacramento, since they don't have Isiah anymore).

nolafan33
07-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Likely Lotto

Timberwolves/Pelicans/Lakers/
Bucks

Nuggets/Grizzlies/Suns/Kings

How do you have the Pelicans in the likely lotto but Denver, Sacramento, and Phoenix in the late lotto/low playoffs seed?

PacersForLife
07-19-2014, 01:35 PM
um they lost there second option and there best player maker is gone keep in mind they have no real pg either they will be top 5 seed but no longer a title contender
I think I know how the team operates, we'll see.

aman_13
07-19-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the Pacers play next season. Perhaps we will find out what the real cause was for last yrs second half meltdown.

tp13baby
07-19-2014, 02:04 PM

That's pretty bold. I still think they are not there in a deep west.

Sactown
07-19-2014, 02:06 PM
How do you have the Pelicans in the likely lotto but Denver, Sacramento, and Phoenix in the late lotto/low playoffs seed?

Phoenix makes sense as they won 48 games

Denver isn't a bad roster

Kings probably won't but played .500 with Rudy and Cousins on the court

Pelicans have multiple injury prone players and I guess he played the odds

tp13baby
07-19-2014, 02:12 PM

Pelicans have a decent chance to make the playoffs. I don't think they are as good as Denver or Phoenix. They are probably all in the same category.

Denver was second in the NBA for most games missed due to injury. Now get Gallo, McGee, Afflalo and Gary Harris in the rotation, I like where we are headed.

Hellcrooner
07-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Last year i said pelicans had no chance.
People came back to me telling they would.

I dont see why they should suddenly be a lock in them by adding asik.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2014, 02:33 PM
I've cleared this up in other threads but the idea that there is any sort of gap in tier between OKC/LAC is patently false. Clippers were the better team statistically last year, despite catastrophic injuries and outplayed OKC for most of the series, besides when it counted late in games (and when the refs bailed them out).

Mind you that was with nonstop adversity (Injuries, Sterling situation, integrating new system, players and coaches). Until proven otherwise, they are on the same tier... which is just a step back of SA. I don't think people realize how scary the Clippers will be when they have more than a year under Doc and with the same core building chemistry. OKC/SA have been together years as a team and under their coach/system.

Continuity and experience as a unit is an X-factor pretty much every single year, besides in rare cases like the "Big 3" Heat team that just overwhelmed teams with talent. They were also well rested come the finals every year because they pretty much got a free pass through the east for the most part.

Goose17
07-19-2014, 03:08 PM
I have to say, I feel it's far too early to be doing this. Especially for Western Conference teams.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I have to say, I feel it's far too early to be doing this. Especially for Western Conference teams.

This too. It's too competitive. One injury, one trade etc shakes up the conference. Last year stars were dropping like flies which screwed up the playoff seeding countless times. OKC went like .500 without Westbrook if I recall the first time he got hurt, then he came back and they went on a tear. Warriors same thing with Iggy. Then you had teams like the Spurs/Blazers who had very few injuries which obviously helped their seeding tremendously.

Goose17
07-19-2014, 06:50 PM
This too. It's too competitive. One injury, one trade etc shakes up the conference. Last year stars were dropping like flies which screwed up the playoff seeding countless times. OKC went like .500 without Westbrook if I recall the first time he got hurt, then he came back and they went on a tear. Warriors same thing with Iggy. Then you had teams like the Spurs/Blazers who had very few injuries which obviously helped their seeding tremendously.

Basically, the way I see it, the top 5 seeds from last year will make the playoffs. Outside of that, no idea how things are going to shake up this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Not going to rank 91 years of basketball.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-19-2014, 07:12 PM

Chemistry and Rondo? :laugh2:

Jarvo
07-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I know Lebron is the best player in the world but if Rose is 100% the Bulls are the best in the east

TylerSL
07-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Lottery Bound Teams 100%
Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers, Los Angeles Lakers, Sacramento Kings, Utah Jazz, Orlando Magic

Likely Lotto
Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons, Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves

Late Lotto/low seeded playoffs bubble
New Orleans Hornets, Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets, Golden State Warriors

Likely to make Playoffs, but no real title chances
New York Knicks, Charlotte Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Washington Wizards, Toronto Raptors, Memphis Grizzlies, Houston Rockets, Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, Portland Trailblazers

Second-Tier Title Contenders
Oklahoma City Thunder, Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat

First-Tier Title Contenders
San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls

This is assuming Rose is healthy and these rankings are based on teams as is, so if Love gets traded that would change these rankings.

albertajaysfan
07-19-2014, 08:26 PM

The team that gave you guys Andrea Bargnani says hello...

Thanks for the draft pick...

IversonIsKrazy
07-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Lottery Bound 100%
76ers, Jazz, Magic, T-Wolves, Bucks, Pelicans

Likely Lotto
Kings, Detroit, Lakers, Celtics

Knicks, Nets, Hawks, Suns, Nuggets

Pacers, Blazers, Mavs, Wizards, Raptors, Heat, Rockets, Warriors (Close to 2nd tier, addition of Love I'd put them 2nd forsure)

Grizzlies (healthy Gasol changes their seedings a lot), Cavs (Can jump to title contenders if get Love), Bulls (Given that Rose is atleast 80%)

Spurs, OKC, LAC

WadeKobe
07-19-2014, 09:21 PM
San Antonio is the best team in te NBA with OKC and LAC clearly the next best teams.

SA
OKC / LAC
HOU
CLE
SFW
CHI / DAL / MEM
POR / MIA / IND
WSH / TOR

No one else really matters.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 09:35 PM
SA is the best, no doubt.

kdspurman
07-19-2014, 09:49 PM

Actually, the Spurs had plenty of injuries:

Leonard fractured his hand and missed a little over a month (struggles were evident they went like 8-7 without him)

Green had a finger injury and missed a month

Splitter was out over a month with a shoulder injury

Parker sat out for a month for what Pop called "variety of maladies"

and these all happened around the same time. Manu missed a few games here and there with a hamstring injury. That's 4 starters there that missed a good amount of time. And 3 are vital to the teams defense. They just had guys like Mills/Belinelli/Diaw step up. But they went through a very tough stretch and struggled to stop other teams. I remember everyone bringing up the Spurs can't beat .500 teams making it a big deal, but a big part of that was due to injuries. But they beat the teams they were supposed to and made a nice push at the end of the season. But the Spurs definitely had their share of injuries, just like the Clippers and everyone else

Clippersfan86
07-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Actually, the Spurs had plenty of injuries

Leonard fractured his hand and missed a little over a month

Green had a finger injury and missed a month

Splitter was out over a month with a shoulder injury

Parker sat out for a month for what Pop called "variety of maladies"

and these all happened around the same time. Manu missed a few games here and there with a hamstring injury. That's 4 starters there that missed a good amount of time. They just had guys like Mills/Belinelli/Diaw step up. But they went through a very tough stretch. I remember everyone bringing up the Spurs can't beat .500 teams making it a big deal, but a big part of that was due to injuries. But they beat the teams they were supposed to and made a nice push at the end of the season.

Those all came at the end of the year then? Because I remember up until Feb or March at least I was amazed at how unscathed the Spurs were injury wise relative to teams like the Clips/Rockets/Warriors.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Seeing who is the best in the East will be fun.

RLundi
07-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Likely to make the playoffs:

Hornets

This.

kdspurman
07-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Those all came at the end of the year then? Because I remember up until Feb or March at least I was amazed at how unscathed the Spurs were injury wise relative to teams like the Clips/Rockets/Warriors.

Yea all around the Dec/January time frame. It was tough lol. They started guys like Othyus Jeffers/Malcom Thomas/Shannon Brown/Damion Jones at one point just cause they had so many guys down at once. It's why they had the most different starting lineups last season.

Clippersfan86
07-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Yea all around the Dec/January time frame. It was tough lol. They started guys like Othyus Jeffers/Malcom Thomas/Shannon Brown/Damion Jones at one point just cause they had so many guys down at once. It's why they had the most different starting lineups last season.

Well the Clippers only had like 16 games with their starting 5 which was statistically incredible, so I feel your pain. Really it was that early? Oh well, guess my memory was flawed.

RaiderKid318
07-20-2014, 03:19 AM

Because this season its really like we are adding Holliday, Asik, and Anderson. This is also going off of everyones "if they stay healthy" comment which if all healthy Pelicans have enough talent to possibly grab an 8 seed.

kdspurman
07-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Well the Clippers only had like 16 games with their starting 5 which was statistically incredible, so I feel your pain. Really it was that early? Oh well, guess my memory was flawed.

Yea, from like December-February. It sucked, but I guess the main thing is having everyone ready come playoff time which they were lucky enough to have for the most part. I always think if we were healthy all year who knows what their record would have been, but at the same time it helped the bench improve their play. Everything happens for a reason I guess.

Chronz
07-20-2014, 12:45 PM
I think the Pelicans are going to be a 48-50 win squad this year. I can totally see them blowing up now, this was the year I had them pegged as the next upcoming power.

RaiderKid318
07-20-2014, 02:17 PM
I think the Pelicans are going to be a 48-50 win squad this year. I can totally see them blowing up now, this was the year I had them pegged as the next upcoming power.

I just wish we could have dumped gordon or Evans for another young player with "talent" lol.

kozelkid
07-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Knicks are gonna win the Atlantic division. They are better than the Nets

Last I checked, Toronto is still in that division. They are in no way better than the Raptors.

Mr.B
07-20-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't think the issue is mainly Stephenson for the Pacers. Which Roy Hibbert is going to play in 2014 ?
I think as long as Hibbert and Paul George are on the same team the Pacers are always going to have issues. Its hard to build championship chemistry when you can't trust your teammate.

ThuglifeJ
07-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Lottery Bound 100%
76ers, Jazz, Celtics, Magic

Likely Lotto
Kings, Lakers, Pistons, Nets, Rockets , T-Wolves, Hawks

Late Lotto/Low seeded playoffs bubble.
Knicks, Hornets, Suns, Nuggets, Pelicans, Bucks

Likely to make Playoffs
Grizzlies, Mavs, Wizards, Raptors, Heat, Warriors, Blazers, Pacers, Thunder, Clippers

Cavs, Bulls

Spurs

Master Mind
07-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Dark horse title contenders: Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat

PacersForLife
07-20-2014, 05:14 PM
I think as long as Hibbert and Paul George are on the same team the Pacers are always going to have issues. Its hard to build championship chemistry when you can't trust your teammate.

Why wouldn't they trust each other? Half the garbage that got thrown around about the Pacers last year was false. They are pretty close friends. Hibbert had the "selfish dudes" comment last year and it was pretty clear he was talking about Lance.

Clippersfan86
07-20-2014, 06:17 PM

I'd be willing to bet AGAINST 48-50 wins. I just don't see it, even if AD takes a huge leap. They are loaded with firepower but a lot of redundancy in wing players, weak defense, mediocre coaching and guys who like to shoot a lot. To meet your projection they would have to beat out or compete with teams like the Mavs/Suns/Grizzlies/Warriors at the middle-bottom of the conference standings and I don't see it.

In order to meet your number they would have to win 14-16 more games. Anthony Davis anchored the 27th ranked defense last year.

kozelkid
07-20-2014, 06:22 PM

Probably cause it has something to do with another year's worth of growth in one the biggest rising stars in the NBA. I mean your logic is no different than rebuffing the Sonics/Thunder jump from Durant's second to third season.

That and yes, they had some misfortune their way as far as injuries and the addition of Asik is a big one.

kozelkid
07-20-2014, 06:24 PM
In order to meet your number they would have to win 14-16 more games. Anthony Davis anchored the 27th ranked defense last year.

Despite AD's impressive block totals, he still has much to learn at the defensive side of the ball as far as anchoring a team. Why bet against another year's worth of seasoning?

Clippersfan86
07-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Despite AD's impressive block totals, he still has much to learn at the defensive side of the ball as far as anchoring a team. Why bet against another year's worth of seasoning?

I see them improving, no doubt. I highly doubt Holiday+Gordon are that injured or that Davis DOESN'T make a leap. Even though I see a 10 game improvement at most, largely due to the teams around them improving as well.

Chronz
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I'd be willing to bet AGAINST 48-50 wins. I just don't see it, even if AD takes a huge leap. They are loaded with firepower but a lot of redundancy in wing players, weak defense, mediocre coaching and guys who like to shoot a lot. To meet your projection they would have to beat out or compete with teams like the Mavs/Suns/Grizzlies/Warriors at the middle-bottom of the conference standings and I don't see it.

Thats the thing, they addressed their main issue by adding Asik, plus thats the area where you would expect AD to improve the most as he matures. Coaching doesn't matter much IMO. There is alot of redundancy but given how injury prone some of those players are, that might not be a bad thing.

But yea they need to be alot healthier this year, I dont pretend to know how injuries should be projected but I get the concerns. If they are completely decimated by injuries, then another sub .500 season could be in the cards but their preferred closing lineup of Holiday-EJ-Evans-Rhino-AD was statistically dominant. 44-48 wins might be the smarter bet but Im expecting AD to blow up sooner or later.

RaiderKid318
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I see them improving, no doubt. I highly doubt Holiday+Gordon are that injured or that Davis DOESN'T make a leap. Even though I see a 10 game improvement at most, largely due to the teams around them improving as well.

that would still be 44 games. Idk how you don't think they can't manage 4 more wins lol. They upgraded at PG, SF, C and depth improved at every position as well. Hell we have a handful of guys that started last year that will be coming off the bench this year. Holiday/Gordon/Salmons/Davis/Asik starting with Smith/Rivers/Evans/Anderson/Withey or Ajinca coming off the bench isn't as terrible as you make it out to be.

Obviously you can switch Evans and Salmons but I think Evans is going to constantly be in the game subbing in for Holiday, Gordon, and Salmons. The last 15 minutes of the game I expect Holiday/Gordon/Evans/Davis/Asik to be on the court. Maybe Davis at C and Anderson at PF if we are 12 points or more behind.