PDA

View Full Version : Cavs SHOULD'VE traded Kyrie Irving

KingstonHawke
07-18-2014, 06:29 PM
He's a great player, and he's young, etc, etc. But his contract is ballooning after this year, so if you want to add Kevin Love without giving up Wiggins, the ONLY way you do so is trade Irving for young players. Personally, I'd love Kyrie Irving and picks to the 76ers for Embiid, Saric, and MCW.

Then they could've pit the Wolves vs the Blazers against each other. Just offer Verajao, Bennett and Thompson to whichever team bites first. Let it be known that whichever team doesn't make the trade between the two, you're just going to turn around and sign their FA to a max deal (Aldridge and Love are both FAs next year). People say Aldridge is now happy where he is at after requesting a trade to start the year... but there's no way him or Love is turning down a chance to play with Lebron, Wiggins, Embiid, and each other.

I know what you're thinking, but trust me I've thought of it. What if the Wolves and Blazers are both stubborn. Well in that case, you just trade your assets to a 3rd party for role players and future pics. As long as little money comes back (hate the Haywood and Miller deals) you still can sign both Aldridge and Love outright. Now look at what that roster could've looked like.

Last piece is obviously trading Waiters to a team where he can be a break out star like the Bulls.

Year 1:

MCW
Allen - Snell
Wiggins - McBuckets
James -
Aldridge -

Year 2:

MCW -
Wiggins - Snell
James - McBuckets
Love - Saric
Aldridge - Embiid

Everyone hates the idea of trading elite players... but when a player's value is the highest is the best time to trade him. And honestly, Kyrie's value will NEVER be higher than it is this year.

IndyRealist
07-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Don't do drugs, kids.

ManRam
07-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey, I got something you might like!

Click (http://www.amazon.com/NBA-2K14-Xbox-360/dp/B00C710AZ0)

bleedprple&gold
07-18-2014, 06:39 PM
You think you can get MCW, Noel, AND Embiid for Irving? This is a joke right?

NBAfan4life
07-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Lol, he has to be trolling?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Silent
07-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Damm what the hell you smoking must be some good **** cause you in fantasy land

NYKNYGNYY
07-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug

I saw that episode yesterday ... Charleyyyy murphayyyyu

Uuunnniiiityyyyyy

True Sports Fan
07-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Next they should trade Tony Snell and MCW for Chris Paul and Griffin.

InRoseWeTrust
07-18-2014, 06:58 PM

Gr8est post eva.

InRoseWeTrust
07-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Next they should trade Tony Snell and MCW for Chris Paul and Griffin.

Bro why do you have to undersell Snell's value like that?!?!

Dade County
07-18-2014, 07:05 PM

lmao

bringbackfredex
07-18-2014, 07:05 PM
It's people like you sir who make sports talk radio shows hilarious, so on behalf of all radio listeners I salute you. 0% chance you touch Embiid or Noel for Irving though, but you do have a shot at MCW and Thad.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Don't do drugs, kids.

:laugh2:

slaker619
07-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Nah #UncleDrew dirty !

KingstonHawke
07-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Bro why do you have to undersell Snell's value like that?!?!

You homers are hilarious to me. Tony Snell is an ok prospect at best and if he was on any other team you'd be fine acknowledging that.

It's people like you sir who make sports talk radio shows hilarious, so on behalf of all radio listeners I salute you. 0% chance you touch Embiid or Noel for Irving though, but you do have a shot at MCW and Thad.

Yes, that 3rd overall that very easily could've fell out of the top 5... and that other center who also has a injury history and did fall out of the top 5 (in a horrible draft)... yes, those are untouchable assets lol. You know, it's not like Noel was traded for a lesser PG already and it took adding another lottery pick to get that deal done.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Lol @ giving up Noel/MCW and Embid for anyone. The sixers would never do it because and wait for it... They would still be a bad team. They would be better off waiting for these guys to be great... There is a good shot that all 3 are good and 2 are very good to great if healthy. No way I would trade these 3 for anything not named durant/Lebron

InRoseWeTrust
07-18-2014, 07:57 PM
You homers are hilarious to me. Tony Snell is an ok prospect at best and if he was on any other team you'd be fine acknowledging that.

(it was sarcasm)

KingstonHawke
07-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Lol @ giving up Noel/MCW and Embid for anyone. The sixers would never do it because and wait for it... They would still be a bad team. They would be better off waiting for these guys to be great... There is a good shot that all 3 are good and 2 are very good to great if healthy. No way I would trade these 3 for anything not named durant/Lebron

I think you guys are ranking Noel's current value way higher than the league is (he was drafted #7 overall in a bad draft). If it would ease the butt-hurtness I'd be glad to use Saric in the example instead. Kyrie Irving and picks for MCW and the #3 and #10 overall selections in 2014 is actually overpaying.

Maybe you guys don't remember but MCW and Young almost got traded for the #7 overall this draft.

bringbackfredex
07-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Yes, that 3rd overall that very easily could've fell out of the top 5... and that other center who also has a injury history and did fall out of the top 5 (in a horrible draft)... yes, those are untouchable assets lol. You know, it's not like Noel was traded for a lesser PG already and it took adding another lottery pick to get that deal done.

Dude you're a fool lol. The Sixers have no desire to win this year, they're in complete tank mode again. Why would they want Irving and give up everything they've been building in the process?

The position in which both players were selected have nothing to do with this conversation. I could easily counter your argument and say that Noel and Embiid would have both been #1 overall picks if they weren't hurt. The Sixers probably just built one of the most dominant frontcourts in basketball, and they're most likely going to draft in the top 5 again this year to pair another stud guard or forward with MCW.

This is why every single person here is mocking you, in short. I'm not even going to go into your illogical rant after that, because that was the drugs speaking.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Then LeBron wouldn't have returned.

LOOTERX9
07-18-2014, 09:13 PM
lbj may as well had stayed in miami and try to go back to finals. hahaha at the op

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:18 PM
LOL, so many what ifs..

KingstonHawke
07-19-2014, 03:24 AM
Dude you're a fool lol. The Sixers have no desire to win this year, they're in complete tank mode again. Why would they want Irving and give up everything they've been building in the process?

The position in which both players were selected have nothing to do with this conversation. I could easily counter your argument and say that Noel and Embiid would have both been #1 overall picks if they weren't hurt. The Sixers probably just built one of the most dominant frontcourts in basketball, and they're most likely going to draft in the top 5 again this year to pair another stud guard or forward with MCW.

This is why every single person here is mocking you, in short. I'm not even going to go into your illogical rant after that, because that was the drugs speaking.

Of course they would've been #1 overall if they weren't hurt. How irrelevant of a thing is that to say? That's like me saying, Marcus Smart would've been #1 overall if he was 7 feet tall. Of course, and again, irrelevant.

What we're talking about is how the teams around the league value these players. And for unproven big men, the types of injury history those two has is a BIG deal. The surprise wasn't that Embiid fell to 3, it's that he didn't slide further.

And yes, the Sixers are in tank now mode. But that's because the roster they have suggest that's the best course. If they had an opportunity to turn a couple boom or bust prospects into an already proven top 5 PG still on his rookie deal... they are taking it. Kyrie is a better buy right now than Rose and Westbrook are.

Kyrie, Evans, Young, Pau, Monroe would've easily been at the very least a 6 seed in the east, probably better.

Seriously, you homers get way too excited about prospects that you've seen little of. I like Noel a lot, but with the way he jumps (and goes after everything) I don't expect his last knee issue to be his last knee issue.

Then LeBron wouldn't have returned.

You think Lebron would rather play with Kyrie Irving than Lamarcus Aldrige or Kevin Love? Because that's the main swap I made. And then next year he'd be getting to play with both. Be serious... as soon as the Cavs won the lottery Lebron's bags were packed.

raiderposting
07-19-2014, 03:43 AM
Op just leave please.

astonmartin10
07-19-2014, 06:13 AM
OP has been playing to much 2k GM mode.

kobebabe
07-19-2014, 10:03 AM
This is exactly why drugs are illegal......you do and say some really stupid stuff in public

BullsFan_1
07-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Now see, I think it's a neat idea.

goingfor28
07-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Wow

RateSports
07-19-2014, 10:28 AM
I saw that episode yesterday ... Charleyyyy murphayyyyu

Uuunnniiiityyyyyy

******* Yo Couch N*********

******* Yo Couch

Darknesssssssssss

infernoscurse
07-19-2014, 10:41 AM
i agree completely with this post

MonroeFAN
07-19-2014, 03:23 PM

Ok well that's foolish, 0% chance of landing 2 players who haven't done anything?

SILVER SEAVER
07-19-2014, 04:05 PM
I need bread crumbs...........

bringbackfredex
07-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Ok well that's foolish, 0% chance of landing 2 players who haven't done anything?

It doesn't seem like any of you understand the concept of rebuilding. Why would they trade everything they spent the last two years building for a guy that has proven he can't win on his own?

The Sixers have no intention of winning this year, and they also have no intention of trading two 7 foot #1 picks (if they weren't injured on draft day). So no, they are not available for trade nor should they be. Pair those two with MCW and another top 5 pick and the Sixers could have something very special brewing for years to come. But no people like you and the OP think they should trade all of that away for Kyrie Irving lmao.

greg_ory_2005
07-19-2014, 04:57 PM
How about you trade Kyrie for Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka. Then trade Wiggins for Lillard, Aldridge, and Batum.

2-ONE-5
07-19-2014, 05:02 PM
hahahahahaha OP is out of his damn mind. as a sixers fan i am insulted

Confusious
07-19-2014, 07:18 PM
How about you trade Kyrie for Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka. Then trade Wiggins for Lillard, Aldridge, and Batum.
Seriously.

And then we can get Love, Dieng and Pekovic for Bennett and a 2nd round pick in 2060.

Corey
07-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Portland should have drafted KD.