PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are now willing to give up Klay for Love

Stunner
07-18-2014, 01:43 AM
RT @YannisNBA: Warriors now willing to give up Klay Thompson for Kevin Love, who would exercise option for 15-16 if traded there http://t.co/ZH8p0I3PsH

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:50 AM
#Twitterbattle

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami about 5 minutes ago
I'm not attacking the report (bit.ly/1nhtw2b) --there are all sorts of twists and turns that could happen. But it surprised me...

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 4 minutes ago
The report surprised me because I talked to multiple sources today who said the GSWs have debated it and decided not to offer Klay T to MIN.

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisNBA 1 minute ago
Didn't come off as attack - I respect your sources. All we can do is let it play out. MT @Tim Kawakami: I'm not attacking the report.

TylerSL
07-18-2014, 01:53 AM
They saw Cleveland was willing to give Wiggins and they don't just want to let Cleveland have him. Now the question is who does Minnesota want more, Wiggins or Klay? Personally, I'd take a package of Klay/Barnes/Lee over what would be Wiggins/Bennett/Thompson.

jerellh528
07-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Interesting. Who can offer the better package? Gs or cle? Either way it's win win for min.

DillyDill
07-18-2014, 01:55 AM
Wolves are super smart for being patience now there gonna get the farm

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-18-2014, 01:58 AM
I bet the Wolves floated that rumor about the Cavs willing to give up Wiggins to drive up the price for Golden State. Mission accomplished

AddiX
07-18-2014, 02:00 AM
I rather see him end up in GS. Enough is enough with these players following bron around like big brother...

But seriously, I don't even like klove, but getting back klay Thompson for him, is a minimal haul for minny, especially if he's expecting max $.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 02:02 AM
I bet the Wolves floated that rumor about the Cavs willing to give up Wiggins to drive up the price for Golden State. Mission accomplished
It would make a whole lot of sense.

Stunner
07-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Just keep him out of Cle

More-Than-Most
07-18-2014, 02:07 AM
But But But the wolves should just give him away for peanuts because they wont get nearly the value of a lottery prospect... Lol the Wolves are in a position of power. If I was a Gm I would rather risk losing him for nothing and getting a kings haul over losing him for peanuts just to get something in return.

POSITION OF POWER... GOOD JOB WOLVES.

Stunner
07-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Klay / Barnes / Lee 1st for Love / Martin / Shabazz

lincecum=future
07-18-2014, 02:11 AM
Klay Lee and Speights for love and k mart

raiderposting
07-18-2014, 02:16 AM
4 years of wiggins on a rookie deal, or be forced to give Klay a max after next year.

Easy decision.

Monta is beast
07-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Haha were not giving up klay and barnes. if we do offer klay its gonna be klay and lee and maybe speights

FriedTofuz
07-18-2014, 02:25 AM
I'd take wiggins, Klay is no worth a max contract and he's overrated with above average defense and good 3PT. There are better SGs in the NBa than him.

jerellh528
07-18-2014, 02:28 AM
But But But the wolves should just give him away for peanuts because they wont get nearly the value of a lottery prospect... Lol the Wolves are in a position of power. If I was a Gm I would rather risk losing him for nothing and getting a kings haul over losing him for peanuts just to get something in return.

POSITION OF POWER... GOOD JOB WOLVES.

This hardly ever happens. Most teams are left with nothing. But yeah wolves have done well so far.

shep33
07-18-2014, 02:47 AM
I'll say this about Klay. Yeah he's going to demand a max, but the market might say otherwise. He'd have to have a monster season with the Wolves to get it

bgdreton
07-18-2014, 02:53 AM
I'll say this about Klay. Yeah he's going to demand a max, but the market might say otherwise. He'd have to have a monster season with the Wolves to get it

Why? Look at the parsons deal or the Hayward deal those both are pretty high in terms of per year. Lance even got like 11 or 12 per so between 11 and 15 per is what Klay will get if it's not max it would be damn close.. Do I agree no but that's the way the contract are going these days...

raiderposting
07-18-2014, 03:29 AM
If Klay has a similar season than last year he'll command a max. Just take wiggins and hope he develops into the hype and hope you can build a successful team around him. Get wiggins and tank to team him up with another top 3 pick next year. You'll have a nice core with dieng/wiggins/draft pick. Can even move pek for a PG. Klay and Lee will just set them back in the long run.

lincecum=future
07-18-2014, 03:30 AM
Klay is a no doubt mini max player after this offseason.

Method28
07-18-2014, 04:07 AM
If I'm GS I give up Klay due to a couple different reasons. 1) they are already probably maxed out as a team imo . 2) Klay would demand a max which would keep them in good not great purgatory.

If I'm Clev I balk at including Wiggins. His contract matched with his potential and defensive capability is far too important IMO.

If Wiggins is able to take the load off of LeBron somewhat on the defensive end and help preserve LeBron down the stretch that (along with keeping their assets to obtain another player) is more valuable than Love.

nastynice
07-18-2014, 04:24 AM
They saw Cleveland was willing to give Wiggins and they don't just want to let Cleveland have him. Now the question is who does Minnesota want more, Wiggins or Klay? Personally, I'd take a package of Klay/Barnes/Lee over what would be Wiggins/Bennett/Thompson.

wtf, is love really THAT good!?!

That's a LOT to give up, even take barnes out of that deal and I'd still be a little bummed about losing klay. His game took MAJOR strides last year, I'd hate to lose him. I really haven't watched love much, so I don't know, but damn, he's really THAT good? like a top 3 pf?

Iron24th
07-18-2014, 04:28 AM
If Klay has a similar season than last year he'll command a max. Just take wiggins and hope he develops into the hype and hope you can build a successful team around him. Get wiggins and tank to team him up with another top 3 pick next year. You'll have a nice core with dieng/wiggins/draft pick. Can even move pek for a PG. Klay and Lee will just set them back in the long run.

Agree, GS is probably out of the picture in trade talks already, this is just special media drama on tweeter

There is no point of not taking wiggins over klay

Sssmush
07-18-2014, 04:57 AM
why give up Wiggins for KLove? It makes no sense. KLove will be an unrestricted free agent, it doesn't matter if he is there or in Minnesota.

LoL, the best scenario is Klay Thompson for Love, next year Love is unrestricted, signs with the Lakers. Then Minnesota doesn't want to pay Klay Thompson the next year, and his numbers are a bit off, so Lakers get him too.

If Cavs give up Wiggins for a one year rental of KLove that just seems ridiculous. If I was Lebron I would be quick to hush up all this nonsense, say that you have faith in the young prospects on the Cavs and you wanna build something great. All this "dream team" scheme type stuff is tiresome.

LoL KLove could sprain his ankle and *poof* Lebron would be magically back in 2010 Cavs uniform and Stephen A. will be talking about how "Lebron can't do it all he has no help." What a laugh Lebron could've signed anywhere in the entire NBA.

I mean is FOUR overall #1s on your team good enough for you? If not then what can anybody say? LoL if they send Bennett too. Cavs could've drafted Julius Randle for pete's sake. If Wiggin's is just a throwaway then why did we have to listen to a year's worth of hype about this guy.

lincecum=future
07-18-2014, 05:03 AM
There's no way either team includes Klay or wiggins without Love agreeing to sign an extension first, especially Cleveland.

Sssmush
07-18-2014, 05:15 AM
There's no way either team includes Klay or wiggins without Love agreeing to sign an extension first, especially Cleveland.

But under the terms of the new CBA, I don't think they can sign an extension during the season. And they are in salary cap territory so I don't think they can do a sign and trade.

It's inevitable that he goes to free agency as I understand it. And if not, then the only person we should be asking about if any of these deals are possible is Kevin Love.

Minnesota acts like it's holding all the cards, looks to me like they're holding nothing. They waited way too long on this. They might have to settle for Nick Young and a couple firsts from the Lakers.

3ballbomber
07-18-2014, 05:50 AM
why give up Wiggins for KLove?
u could imagine Gilbert will be treading on egg shells & dancing like a monkey for Lebron to please his every wishes and commands to not risk him bolting again. So if Bronny boy wants Love Gilbert will go ahead and get Love to please thy master, king of cleveland land.

MiamiBoy77
07-18-2014, 06:48 AM
But under the terms of the new CBA, I don't think they can sign an extension during the season. And they are in salary cap territory so I don't think they can do a sign and trade.

It's inevitable that he goes to free agency as I understand it. And if not, then the only person we should be asking about if any of these deals are possible is Kevin Love.

Minnesota acts like it's holding all the cards, looks to me like they're holding nothing. They waited way too long on this. They might have to settle for Nick Young and a couple firsts from the Lakers.

Lol always finding a way to get all these players on the lakers in your posts.

Honestly at the end of the day the teams that don't give up the JJ Hicksons of the world always end up regretting it. I think when you have a chance to add a legit star, you do it. Those 7th 8th man spots can be filled with vets.

goingfor28
07-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Lol

king4day
07-18-2014, 09:21 AM
For the Wolves' sake, I wait out Cleveland. If you can get Wiggins, you do that. He could be a game changer. Klay is good but will be a max player in a year. Can't build much off that.

ManRam
07-18-2014, 09:23 AM
As they should be.

Crackadalic
07-18-2014, 09:36 AM
What is with teams trying to keep there best asset and expecting on still getting love?

ManRam
07-18-2014, 09:37 AM
What is with teams trying to keep there best asset and expecting on still getting love?

Delusion? Hope that Minnesota would be more desperate than they are/should be.

It's been pretty ridiculous that GS has held out so long. Even more ridiculous that their fans actually bought into it. I guess it's just bargaining, but it's been foolish from day 1.

ManRam
07-18-2014, 09:39 AM
LoL, the best scenario is Klay Thompson for Love, next year Love is unrestricted, signs with the Lakers. Then Minnesota doesn't want to pay Klay Thompson the next year, and his numbers are a bit off, so Lakers get him too.

Wonder how long this dance will continue. Every damn year we hear the same thing, and it hasn't happened once. Lakers fans surely deserve to be more confident in free agency than most, but until there's something there worth playing with these stars aren't gonna go there...even as prestigious as The Los Angeles Lakers are.

The Cavs wouldn't do this without the assurance that Love re-signs with them. I think that's clear.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-18-2014, 09:41 AM
To me its a no brainer, the cavs deal just makes more sense. Getting klay is nice but then he is going to prob leave or get maxed out. And LOL @ the warriors fan on page 1 who says they won't give up Barnes and klay and lee.... if its not that then they don't stand a chance to get love.

Rubio
Klay
Barnes
Lee
Pek

Or

Rubio
Waitors
Wiggins
Bennett or thompson
pek

The cavs could give up Wiggins waitors bennet and Thompson of they wanted to and take back Martin and get love

Kyrie
Martin
lebron
Love
AV
With mike miller as 6th man

RiLoc
07-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Not to discredit the report, but if I was the Timberwolves, I'd leak that the Warriors are offering Klay and Cavs were offering Wiggins as means of leveraging the best trade possible.

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:04 AM

Lakers got pau gasol with a trade package centered around kwame brown

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:06 AM

LOL you are aware that gordon hayward just got a max while he was helping his jazz basically tank

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:08 AM

I think the issue is that they dont want to tank though. if they wanted to tank- they woulda traded him to boston before the draft and gotten a bunch of picks now and in the future

thomass
07-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Grizz got Marc gasol in that trade

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:12 AM
#Twitterbattle

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami about 5 minutes ago
I'm not attacking the report (bit.ly/1nhtw2b) --there are all sorts of twists and turns that could happen. But it surprised me...

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 4 minutes ago
The report surprised me because I talked to multiple sources today who said the GSWs have debated it and decided not to offer Klay T to MIN.

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisNBA 1 minute ago
Didn't come off as attack - I respect your sources. All we can do is let it play out. MT @Tim Kawakami: I'm not attacking the report.

I keep hearing that the warriors refuse to include klay, but then I also hear that they are in constant talks over kevin love- LOL im just wondering what they are talking about?

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Grizz got Marc gasol in that trade

gasol was a throw in who happened to develop, griz woulda been just as happy with a second round pick

ManRam
07-18-2014, 11:27 AM

What's your ultimate point here?

Yeah, once a team traded little for a really good player. That doesn't mean it can happen here.

Memphis did it because they had 13 wins and were god awful. They wanted to shake things up, free up money and reload/rebuild. Their GM said bluntly that Kwame was the largest expiring contract they could find and ultimately that's why they pulled the trigger. I think it's VERY clear that Memphis isn't looking for a salary dump here. Also, they got 2 firsts, Crittenton (who people were high on at the time) and Gasol (admittedly wasn't a great asset at the time).

Minny isn't looking for what Memphis was. That's really all it boils down to.

Westbrook36
07-18-2014, 12:05 PM
gasol was a throw in who happened to develop, griz woulda been just as happy with a second round pick

I don't think so at all. A possibly talented european player whose older brother they were trading? Sounds like a tempting piece to acquire..

Chronz
07-18-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't think so at all. A possibly talented european player whose older brother they were trading? Sounds like a tempting piece to acquire..

Around the league his stock was low. Memphis had been keeping tabs on him however, they prolly had a better idea of his potential than anyone else.

thomass
07-18-2014, 12:47 PM
I don't think his stock was low. Many experts predicted gasol would turn into a good player.

thomass
07-18-2014, 12:48 PM

That I'm sexy and u know it.

moshy2
07-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I wish we'd just trade Klay for Love already. I was hesitant at first to give up Klay because our defense would be pretty significantly weakened, but Livingston should help pick up the slack. Curry and Love in GS long term would be enticing to other free agents. Much much more than Curry and Klay. Durant2016? Lol. Our bench would be pretty weak again this year but we'll be able to sign significant bench pieces in the future.

Spanklin
07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Forgive my fellow Warrior fans. They are all comfortable with first round exits for the next 3-4 years, then 3-4 years of rebuilding. I guess I understand it after slogging through so many trash years in a row that all they want is a tiny bit of playoff ball, but I don't see any goal short of a championship as worth rooting for.

Anyway, that's the tl;dr version of why they won't give up Klay and Barnes for a superstar.

tredigs
07-18-2014, 03:21 PM
I love the wild speculation on matters where everyone is just pontificating on **** that they have no clue about. Even this report is directly contested in the OP.

I'll come back when the dust settles with my opinion on the move or lack there of.

colgatekiller
07-18-2014, 03:34 PM
They have 2 choices. Pay Kevin Love the max or pay Klay Thompson the max next year. I'd rather pay Love the max and have a nasty pick n roll for the next few years. I agree with it attracting other free agents as well. I'm so sick of them toying with my emotions and I wish they would just do one thing or another already.

SILVER SEAVER
07-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Is Cleveland going to sign Wiggins first or are they trading him unsigned?

KINGOFSPORTS
07-18-2014, 03:50 PM
K Love is injury prone.

The Twolves would be so lucky to get a player like Wiggins for KLove who is gonna leave in a year anyways...

Spanklin
07-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Yeah, once a team traded little for a really good player. That doesn't mean it can happen here.

Memphis did it because they had 13 wins and were god awful. They wanted to shake things up, free up money and reload/rebuild. Their GM said bluntly that Kwame was the largest expiring contract they could find and ultimately that's why they pulled the trigger. I think it's VERY clear that Memphis isn't looking for a salary dump here. Also, they got 2 firsts, Crittenton (who people were high on at the time) and Gasol (admittedly wasn't a great asset at the time).

Minny isn't looking for what Memphis was. That's really all it boils down to.

Stylez is our forum troll. He already brought up this tired old line and ran off like a dog with its tail between his legs when I pointed out that Marc was an integral piece of a gold medal winning team and won a high Euro league MVP.

Anyone who thinks he was unknown is probably your typical American who thinks there's nothing else going on outside our borders.

kobe4thewinbang
07-18-2014, 06:18 PM
If the report is accurate, Kevin Love would opt-in with the Warriors. I wonder by omission if that means he does not want to play for the Cavaliers. Now that GS is willing to part with Thompson, I see it happening.

It'll be interesting...I think the Warriors trade is better than the Cleveland one.

David Lee + Klay Thompson + Harrison Barnes

Unless someone convinces me the Cleveland one is better? What would it be? Tristan, Waitors, Wiggins?

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't think his stock was low. Many experts predicted gasol would turn into a good player.

well those experts passed on him for the first 50+ picks of the draft... but im surte they all knew he would be this good

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 07:01 PM
If the report is accurate, Kevin Love would opt-in with the Warriors. I wonder by omission if that means he does not want to play for the Cavaliers. Now that GS is willing to part with Thompson, I see it happening.

It'll be interesting...I think the Warriors trade is better than the Cleveland one.

Unless someone convinces me the Cleveland one is better? What would it be? Tristan, Waitors, Wiggins?

This is getting kinda lengthy- just get it done already

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 07:03 PM
To me its a no brainer, the cavs deal just makes more sense. Getting klay is nice but then he is going to prob leave or get maxed out. And LOL @ the warriors fan on page 1 who says they won't give up Barnes and klay and lee.... if its not that then they don't stand a chance to get love.

Rubio
Klay
Barnes
Lee
Pek

Or

Rubio
Waitors
Wiggins
Bennett or thompson
pek

The cavs could give up Wiggins waitors bennet and Thompson of they wanted to and take back Martin and get love

Kyrie
Martin
lebron
Love
AV
With mike miller as 6th man

cavs deal makes sense if your looking to tank the next 10 years- the twolves want to win now, why would they take a bunch of guys who have never been on a playoff team even in the east. Warriors are offering multiple starters from a western conference playoff team- In one of the toughest western conference races in league history

Jenceman
07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
If im the Warriors I happily give up Klay Barnes and Lee for Love. You go from a perennial first round exit to a championship caliber team. That is of GS receives martin and maybe muhammed as well

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 07:44 PM
If im the Warriors I happily give up Klay Barnes and Lee for Love. You go from a perennial first round exit to a championship caliber team. That is of GS receives martin and maybe muhammed as well

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

well salaries would make the wolves send something back- id prefer buddinger- but I think the twolves would rather send martin... or maybe we take lavine?

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Minny is sitting back and loving this.

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 08:30 PM
I think the twolves might be starting these rumors, and if they are- I think its nothing short of brilliant

Stunner
07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Cavs offered Wiggins / Bennett and a 1st and I'm sure fillers for Love and the wolves asked for more . Cavs declined

TrueFan420
07-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Minny is sitting back and loving this.

Probably cause they started both rumors

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Cleveland was smart to turn that bull down.

colgatekiller
07-19-2014, 01:50 PM

I would be very surprised if they gave up Barnes AND Klay

esscobar05
07-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I call BS... Klay will NOT be part of any deal for Love... My sources tell me...

prodigy
07-19-2014, 02:18 PM
What's the point of getting love if u give up Thompson? Lmao, curry and love can score but thats not even close to a title contending team.

Plus If I'm love I want titles. If im love i veto any trade that's not to cavs, by veto I mean tell other teams I will not resign with them.

prodigy
07-19-2014, 02:27 PM

No need cavs would never give up that much for a guy whos gonna walk from the wolves anyways. That's nuts. I see love demandimg a trade to cavs only.

TrueFan420
07-19-2014, 02:39 PM
No need cavs would never give up that much for a guy whos gonna walk from the wolves anyways. That's nuts. I see love demandimg a trade to cavs only.

Klays dad said he'd consider resigning there for top dollars which he will be very close to being worth if he continues his progress

prodigy
07-19-2014, 02:39 PM

Klays dad said he'd consider resigning there for top dollars which he will be very close to being worth if he continues his progress

Huh? Lol OK....

MonroeFAN
07-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Why was this even a question for the Warriors?

FlashBolt
07-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Cleveland would do just fine with Wiggins, their three first round picks, and Bennett. Love or no Love, their future is bright. Wiggins on SG and James on SF would be amazing wing defenders.

LA_Raiders
07-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Klay, Barnes and lee is the best deal they can get for love.

bucketss
07-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Klay, Barnes and lee is the best deal they can get for love.

not really they will regret this tbh and the cavs should just pull out from this and just go ahead and sign monroe instead.

prodigy
07-21-2014, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=LA_Raiders;28819829]Klay, Barnes and lee is the best deal they can get for love.

not really they will regret this tbh and the cavs should just pull out from this and just go ahead and sign monroe instead.[/QUOTE

We don't have the money for Monroe or I would agree.

waveycrockett
07-21-2014, 06:20 AM
K.Love has done the Wolves a huge favor by agreeing to play for teams in smaller market. Had he done what D12 and Melo did by basically only agreeing to play for 1 ow 2 teams in the league he would have severely hurt there bargaining power. The Wolves will make out like bandits either way.

thenaj17
07-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Forgive my fellow Warrior fans. They are all comfortable with first round exits for the next 3-4 years, then 3-4 years of rebuilding. I guess I understand it after slogging through so many trash years in a row that all they want is a tiny bit of playoff ball, but I don't see any goal short of a championship as worth rooting for.

Anyway, that's the tl;dr version of why they won't give up Klay and Barnes for a superstar.

Love isn't even close to being a superstar. Overrated massively if people categorise him as a superstar

WSU Tony
07-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Love isn't even close to being a superstar. Overrated massively if people categorise him as a superstar

It's all where you draw the line of "superstar." Top 15 player? Top 10? Top 5?

THE MTL
07-21-2014, 12:54 PM
What is up with this obsession over Klay? Wolves value him over Wiggins?? Are u kidding me

WSU Tony
07-21-2014, 02:02 PM
The Wolves want Wiggins. Don't be fooled. Klay at near max vs Wiggins for 8 years... Easy decision.

And honestly, if the Warriors have to choose Klay at a max deal or Love at a max deal - what's the holdup for the trade?

nycericanguy
07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
What is up with this obsession over Klay? Wolves value him over Wiggins?? Are u kidding me

Seriously... I mean Klay is a nice player now, but not at 13-15m which is what he'll likely command to stay in MIN.

I mean MIN would almost be better off taking a package from NY centered around THJR who is cost controlled until 2018 and whose game is similar. I mean Klay is the better defender, but I think MIN is vastly overrating him.

WSU Tony
07-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Seriously... I mean Klay is a nice player now, but not at 13-15m which is what he'll likely command to stay in MIN.

I mean MIN would almost be better off taking a package from NY centered around THJR who is cost controlled until 2018 and whose game is similar. I mean Klay is the better defender, but I think MIN is vastly overrating him.

The Cavs need competition. The Wolves don't over rate Klay - they just want someone to play the bidding game against the Cavs.

NBA_Starter
07-22-2014, 08:33 PM
There is so much info out there who knows what is accurate.