PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cavs willing to trade Wiggins for Love

Pages : [1] 2

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 07:38 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/report-cavaliers-willing-to-trade-andrew-wiggins-for-kevin-love/

Looks like Love should be headed to Cleveland soon if that's the case.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Hard to trust this situation anymore. I reported it an hour or so ago. Saw it on PBT at 1:00PM.
If they're willing to part with Wiggins for Love, it should be a done deal since Golden State still won't budge on Klay.

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:08 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11229856

Espn reporting it too.

Reports are James wants Love, and the Cavs will do whatever necessary to appease him.

KnicksorBust
07-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Thank god they have come to their senses. There is still a chance Wiggins busts out conpletely and the idea he would prevent getting a 26-13 bigman is ridic.

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
@WojYahooNBA: LeBron James has reached to tell Kevin Love of his desire for them to play together with the Cavaliers, front office sources tell Yahoo.

Sactown
07-17-2014, 08:22 PM
So stupid... They're out bidding themselves

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Fantastic outcome for the wolves if this happened. Lavine and wiggins are two hugely athletic, high as hell potential guys to build around.

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
I kept saying if Lebron wants Love the Cavs WILL get it done no matter what. And reports of LeBron reaching out to love is terrible for the Cavs as it gives Minnesota leverage.

I kept telling everyone it's not a matter of IF the Cavs get Love, it's a mater of when and how much they give up. The Cavs lured LeBron back from Miami by telling them they would go out and get Kevin Love and form their own big 3 to compete right away.... LeBron didn't leave Miami to waste years of his prime waiting for a young team to develop.. Public reports of LBJ wanting love it terrible for the Cavs.

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Whatever LeBron wants, LeBron gets!

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 08:32 PM
I say trade Wiggins, a 1st round protected from Miami, and Tristan Thompson. Anthony Bennett is looking pretty damn good out there, tbh. Keep Waiters because he's a good SG with intensity and you got a lineup of

James
Love
Varejao
Waiters
Kyrie

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
I say trade Wiggins, a 1st round protected from Miami, and Tristan Thompson. Anthony Bennett is looking pretty damn good out there, tbh. Keep Waiters because he's a good SG with intensity and you got a lineup of

James
Love
Varejao
Waiters
Kyrie

I would say keep TT and trade Bennett because the Cavs need some serious front court depth. They got Mike Miller, JJ and Ray Allen will probably sign there as well for back ups at SF and SG. They need depth at the front court positions.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 08:37 PM
I would say keep TT and trade Bennett because the Cavs need some serious front court depth.

Bennett market value looks like it's worth taking a risk. Cavs can easily look for free agency for frontcourt next season if need be. Don't think Bennett has much value for the Wolves atm considering he's just coming off a somewhat impressive Summer League performance(s). Should take a gamble and see if he can give you some value.

Bostonjorge
07-17-2014, 08:42 PM
I want to see wiggins play on primetime and during the playoffs. He will get that in Cleveland day 1.

In Minny his hope is to go the Durant route. He plays good to stand out but still has his team in the lottery. Hopefully they can land two runing mates like Westbrook and harden in the next two drafts. Then in year 4 they will be the next Okc type team making noise.

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I want to see wiggins play on primetime and during the playoffs. He will get that in Cleveland day 1.

In Minny his hope is to go the Durant route. He plays good to stand out but still has his team in the lottery. Hopefully they can land two runing mates like Westbrook and harden in the next two drafts. Then in year 4 they will be the next Okc type team making noise.

He will have a running mate in lavine. Lavine will be his Westbrook. Now they need a defensive stopper for a big in next yrs draft.

Kaner
07-17-2014, 08:47 PM
So stupid... They're out bidding themselves

this. TT, Waiters, Bennett, Miami and cleveland 1st is the best offer available I've heard especially with Chicago out of the race and Kerr's love of Klay Thompson.

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:49 PM
@andy_baskin: If you're wondering why Wiggins is playing tonight.NBA league source telling me Cavs standing firm on Wiggins stance. He's not on the table

I guess we have conflicting reports now

0nekhmer
07-17-2014, 08:49 PM
I hope it happens. Another superstar in the east will be nice. If wiggins does become this superstar, it'll be nice to watch him and lavine grow together, instead of getting a lesser opportunity in Cleveland. Good for the league if this trade goes down

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Lang Green

Kyrie giving Wiggins the fake laugh while thinking ... man you about to be gone bruh pic.twitter.com/OD8FOf7afK

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Marc J Spears
Sources: LeBron James tells Kevin Love he wants him in Cleveland. @WojYahooNBA with @SpearsYahooNBA yhoo.it/1nCttbo

NBAfan4life
07-17-2014, 09:07 PM
A Rubio Wiggins backcourt should be nice on D.

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Seems like a couple of conflicting reports, intersting to see what will happen tho.

Hellcrooner
07-17-2014, 09:23 PM
A Rubio Wiggins backcourt should be nice on D.

And problematic on O unless one or both step up in the department.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 09:27 PM
He will have a running mate in lavine. Lavine will be his Westbrook. Now they need a defensive stopper for a big in next yrs draft.

we may have him in Dieng.

As a Wolves fan, this trade scenario is about as appealing as it gets. We totally ****ed up the Love era, may as well score the best prospect in 10 years cheap.

LaVine is a project big time.

Nikeman
07-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Seems like a couple of conflicting reports, intersting to see what will happen tho.

From what I am reading, LeBron wants him, and the Cavs will do what LeBron says. What LeBron wants, LeBron gets....

BALLER R
07-17-2014, 09:31 PM
From what I am reading, LeBron wants him, and the Cavs will do what LeBron says. What LeBron wants, LeBron gets....

Yeah but who's to say Lebron doesn't want wiggins to the in the trade.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 09:37 PM
I am surprised it took them this long to understand that its worth it to win now.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Waiters, Wiggins, TT, Bennett for Love, Martin and a pick.

C - Varejao
PF - Love
SF - Lebron
SG - Martin
PG - Kyrie
6th - Miller and Allen

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 09:41 PM
And problematic on O unless one or both step up in the department.

But imagine the open court.

JLeBeau76
07-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Waiters, Wiggins, TT, Bennett for Love, Martin and a pick.

C - Varejao
PF - Love
SF - Lebron
SG - Martin
PG - Kyrie
6th - Miller and Allen

Can I have what you are smoking please?

ManRam
07-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Meanwhile, Golden State fans/writers seem to think now's the time to command MORE from Cleveland. :laugh: What is in the water in San Fran these days? We're talking Klay Thompson here! KLAY THOMPSON!

NBAfan4life
07-17-2014, 09:47 PM
And problematic on O unless one or both step up in the department. I think one of them will develop some offense. Isn't this a contract year for Rubio?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Can I have what you are smoking please?

I don't have to take that from someone in Ohio

JLeBeau76
07-17-2014, 09:55 PM
I don't have to take that from someone in Ohio

Awesome. Want me to move so it seems more palatable? Just found it absurd reading that trade "proposal".

Love is good, borderline great, but if anyone thinks the Cavs are going to give up TT, Bennett, Wiggins and Waiters plus take on Martin who Minny doesn't want to pay, then perhaps they need to back off the recreational herbs.

Zefflin
07-17-2014, 09:55 PM
If the Cavs pick up Love i'll ****ing puke and rip on Lebron as a part time job.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Awesome. Want me to move so it seems more palatable? Just found it absurd reading that trade "proposal".

Love is good, borderline great, but if anyone thinks the Cavs are going to give up TT, Bennett, Wiggins and Watiers plus take on Martin who Minny doesn't want to pay, then perhaps they need to back off the recreational herbs.
Love is a top 10 player and Martin is a good compliment since he can shoot. And the Cavs get a pick for it.

JLeBeau76
07-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Love is a top 10 player and Martin is a good compliment since he can shoot. And the Cavs get a pick for it.

We don't need picks and we give up our depth. If we really wanted Love this second then we'd offer Wiggins, Bennett and one or two firsts for him....that would prob get it done (with some salary matching)

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 10:05 PM
We don't need picks and we give up our depth. If we really wanted Love this second then we'd offer Wiggins, Bennett and one or two firsts for him....that would prob get it done (with some salary matching)
Wiggins, TT and Waiters for Love. Send it in.

Confusious
07-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Thank god they have come to their senses. There is still a chance Wiggins busts out conpletely and the idea he would prevent getting a 26-13 bigman is ridic.
Seriously. I can't believe some people wouldn't give up Wiggins for Love.

Jarvo
07-17-2014, 10:11 PM
this. TT, Waiters, Bennett, Miami and cleveland 1st is the best offer available I've heard especially with Chicago out of the race and Kerr's love of Klay Thompson.

Thats way too much for Love.

dnl123
07-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Seriously. I can't believe some people wouldn't give up Wiggins for Love.

Most people on this forum don't know or realize how amazing Love played this past year.

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 10:19 PM

Wiggins isn't going to bust i've watched him in summer league and he's got star written all over him. I know it's just summer league but he had 20 FT attempts tonight just wait until he bulks up.

Arch Stanton
07-17-2014, 10:27 PM
If the Cavs pick up Love i'll ****ing puke and rip on Lebron as a part time job.

You sound like a Heat fan.

Ty Fast
I bet kevin martin goes in any kevin love trade
love and martin
for
wiggins, varejao, and 2 of these guys (Thompson, bennit, waiters)
maybe the cavs add some picks too

P&GRealist

Squeeze the juice out of the oranges of Wade and Bosh, once your done, throw the rotten old orange peels to the side and move on to munching and enjoying the fresh sweet flavorful juice of Irving and Love.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 10:33 PM
I bet kevin martin goes in any kevin love trade
love and martin
for
wiggins, varejao, and 2 of these guys (Thompson, bennit, waiters)
maybe the cavs add some picks too

Bron is not stupid, he knows Love sucks defensively, which is why he needs a guy like Andy V to cover him up. Plus, Bron and Andy V are close.

WSU Tony
07-17-2014, 10:34 PM

You sound like you'll have to change your signature...

jmartin80
07-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Weren't some people saying that Lebron wasn't taking the easy way out?

We are seeing the same thing from 4 years ago accept with cheaper, younger players.

Hooray for basketball.

NFL training camp in 9 days.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 10:50 PM

huh? That is a Laker fan clinging to their Kobe glory. At least if I were to guess...

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 10:52 PM

We are seeing the same thing from 4 years ago accept with cheaper, younger players.

Hooray for basketball.

wait, LeBron wants help to win a chip?

INSANE!

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 10:52 PM

Hooray for basketball.

Lebron is a coward and always will be, he's not good enough to win with out a super team and he knows it. If this trade goes down I hope Wiggins grows to hate Lebron for forcing him off the team it would be great to have a real rivalry again in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Lebron is a coward and always will be, he's not good enough to win with out a super team and he knows it. If this trade goes down I hope Wiggins grows to hate Lebron for forcing him off the team it would be great to have a real rivalry again in the NBA.

show me where Magic, MJ, Bird, Duncan, or Kobe won without a superteam please.

Good luck :)

shep33
07-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Well this sucks. The east looked competitive for a while. Now the Cavs will make the Finals for the next 5 years or so.

I just hate how Cleveland got the 1st pick. Pisses me off. Didn't deserve it.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 10:57 PM
If the report is true we should be hearing of a deal soon.

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 10:58 PM

By super team I mean 3 Top 10 or Top 15 players + on 1 team. Spurs don't even have a top 15 player that's not a super team. Kobe only needed 1 other superstar to win, James needs 2 or more that's the difference and he creates the teams himself unlike the others you mentioned.

shep33
07-17-2014, 10:59 PM
The Warriors need to get Love. I don't get what they're doing. Give up Klay already, he's going to demand a max or close to it next summer.

Bogut
Love
Iggy
Martin
Steph

That team is sick

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 11:04 PM

Now that I think about it Dirk never need one at all, he just had role players or above average players like Chandler and Marion to help him out.

Confusious
07-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Well this sucks. The east looked competitive for a while. Now the Cavs will make the Finals for the next 5 years or so.

Who did deserve it? Just curious.

The Warriors need to get Love. I don't get what they're doing. Give up Klay already, he's going to demand a max or close to it next summer.

Bogut
Love
Iggy
Martin
Steph

That team is sick
A Lakers fan wants the West to get further stacked, rather than see Love moved to the East, which would make the West slightly easier for you.

...I think something about Cleveland really bugs you. Must investigate further...

Oefarmy2005
07-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Now that I think about it Dirk never need one at all, he just had role players or above average players like Chandler and Marion to help him out.

Dirk was the only one in the last 15 years. It was a fluke - Miami should have won.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 11:09 PM

Unfortunately, winning the lottery is not based on who deserves it.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 11:11 PM
By super team I mean 3 Top 10 or Top 15 players + on 1 team. Spurs don't even have a top 15 player that's not a super team. Kobe only needed 1 other superstar to win, James needs 2 or more that's the difference and he creates the teams himself unlike the others you mentioned.

When did the Heat have 3 top 15 players? And a superteam means superteam. Not top heavy. It means, to me, a team that will win tons of games through adversity, injuries, anything.

You act as if the players I listed didn't have as much, or more help. Please...

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 11:12 PM

yup, you hit the outlier :)

However, his roster played out of their minds, literally. The Mavs also were one questionable call on an offensive foul on Manu, and a total cave in by the superior Heat, from not even being mentioned here..

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 11:14 PM
When did the Heat have 3 top 15 players? And a superteam means superteam. Not top heavy. It means, to me, a team that will win tons of games through adversity, injuries, anything.

You act as if the players I listed didn't have as much, or more help. Please...

Bosh argument incoming.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Bosh argument incoming.

go for it haha. And outside the initial year, they absolutely did not have near 3 top 15 players. Wade has looked like Lt Dan the last 2 years.

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 11:18 PM
yup, you hit the outlier :)

However, his roster played out of their minds, literally. The Mavs also were one questionable call on an offensive foul on Manu, and a total cave in by the superior Heat, from not even being mentioned here..

Dirty Dirk was just the man that's all he showed these cowardly superstars how it's done and he did it at 33 too didn't he?

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Dirk was just the man that's all he showed these cowardly superstars how it's done and he did it at 33 too didn't he?

and his cast went berserk dude. Period.

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 11:24 PM
They were made up of hungry vets who knew this might be their last chance to get a ring and they went and got it. I have a lot of respect for Duncan too though I don't consider his teams anywhere near superteams like you do they just play in a really nice system and have great chemistry.

BKLYNpigeon
07-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Cavs were stupid to show their had so early. could have waited, Love has an expiration date. He will be moved by the deadline.

I guess Cavs don't know how to play poker.

thesprite
07-17-2014, 11:32 PM
There goes their leverage. The Cavs could've waited for the season to start or just be patient finding the elusive third team to facilitate the deal, without giving up Wiggins.

JLeBeau76
07-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Wiggins, TT and Waiters for Love. Send it in.

Send it in to get turned down! Not bashing you its just that TT, like AV, is a LeBron guy and close to untouchable for it. Also, if we get rid of Wiggins we aren't getting rid of Waiters....whichever of those two left standing come start of season is our starting sg.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Send it in to get turned down! Not bashing you its just that TT, like AV, is a LeBron guy and close to untouchable for it. Also, if we get rid of Wiggins we aren't getting rid of Waiters....whichever of those two left standing come start of season is our starting sg.

TT wants like a Derrick Favors type deal.

Dade County
07-17-2014, 11:38 PM
If Love finds his way onto the Cav's roster, he will sign the same contract Lbj signed.

He wouldn't want to be stuck there without Lbj.

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Cavs were stupid to show their had so early. could have waited, Love has an expiration date. He will be moved by the deadline.

I guess Cavs don't know how to play poker.

Cavs management is really embarrassing I never knew how bad it was until this year when I heard the owner and GM talk. That Gilbert guy seems like a real a-hole i'm surprised anyone signs there.

shep33
07-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Who did deserve it? Just curious.

A Lakers fan wants the West to get further stacked, rather than see Love moved to the East, which would make the West slightly easier for you.

...I think something about Cleveland really bugs you. Must investigate further...

I just don't like how they won the lottery this year. It's a stupid system, and the worst teams in the league deserve to get the best picks.

sixer04fan
07-17-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm 50/50 on this.

Can't decide if it's smart to sell the farm for Love and try to win now with Kyrie/Lebron/Love. Sacrificing their young talent, future draft picks, and depth to try to go for it all with great big 3.

Or if they're better off keeping what could be a very strong/deep supporting cast for Lebron for years to come intact. And to give themselves the opportunity to see what Wiggins can become. Knowing full well that Wiggins may never be as good as Love anyways.

I think either way is a good move for the Cavs. But I guess you gotta go with what Lebron wants. Now that you have him, you have to prove to him that the time to win is now.

DR_1
07-17-2014, 11:48 PM
we may have him in Dieng.

As a Wolves fan, this trade scenario is about as appealing as it gets. We totally ****ed up the Love era, may as well score the best prospect in 10 years cheap.

LaVine is a project big time.

Out of curiosity, are Wolves fans bitter towards Love for wanting to leave?

blom85
07-17-2014, 11:52 PM

already got one last year, gorgei dieng

flea
07-17-2014, 11:54 PM
Lebron and Love both ideally play the same position - and neither one can guard that position particularly well. Lebron is fine where ever you put him, but he's not going to get any better at chasing smaller 3s. Love needs guys who can cover his glaring deficiencies, plain and simple. He should be around a 2011 Mavs frontcourt, not a 2014 Heat frontcourt as an out of position 5.

JustinTime
07-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Out of curiosity, are Wolves fans bitter towards Love for wanting to leave?

Why would they be he's about to get them a player who will be way better than him and more

WSU Tony
07-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Because you saw Wiggins in the pre season, right?

DR_1
07-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Why would they be he's about to get them a player who will be way better than him and more

I am a big Wiggins fan too but let's not go that far lol

blom85
07-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Wow WOW!!! Golden State screwed up Big time! lol, Love could already be on that team now they will have to fork over Klay and Curry. lol

WITZ
07-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Not sure having 3 guys on max contracts is a smart way to go. We all saw the type of help that the heat got this off-season Ex. McRoberts, Granger and James,Wade, Bosh didn't have max deals they still had some wiggle room to sign players and that's the best they could get lol what happens when you have 3 guys taking an even bigger chunk of the cap space.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:05 AM
I am a big Wiggins fan too but let's not go that far lol

He will be the NBA will make him one. He'll make his living at the line whether he's raw or not.

PurpleJesus
07-18-2014, 12:07 AM
this tspence guy on twitter is intriguing me. He has gone from less than 100 twitter followers yesterday, to over 2K today. First I thought he was just throwing **** at the wall, and seeing if it would stick, now, it looks as if he may be legit.
Possible troll guy though. Using this as an experiment to see how far he can take it.

He tweeted a bit ago that the deal is done. TT, Wiggins, Waiters for Love and rights to Glen Robinson III. Says he doesnt expect the deal to be announced until tomorrow morning though.

dnl123
07-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Not sure having 3 guys on max contracts is a smart way to go. We all saw the type of help that the heat got this off-season Ex. McRoberts, Granger and James,Wade, Bosh didn't have max deals they still had some wiggle room to sign players and that's the best they could get lol what happens when you have 3 guys taking an even bigger chunk of the cap space.

So the whole Lebron, Wade, Bosh pairing was a mistake? Having 3 max players only got the Heat to 4 straight NBA Finals something that only happened once before was a bad thing? If you can get 3 stars in the NBA, you get three stars. Ask the Spurs about it.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Anthony Bennett was in Vancouver Grizzles gear today lol. He just begging to be traded I can't blame him really.

WITZ
07-18-2014, 12:18 AM
So the whole Lebron, Wade, Bosh pairing was a mistake? Having 3 max players only got the Heat to 4 straight NBA Finals something that only happened once before was a bad thing? If you can get 3 stars in the NBA, you get three stars. Ask the Spurs about it.

When 2 of those 3 stars are labeled injury prone lets see how it works out when one gets hurt and you have to throw out some veteran on his last wheels. All i'm saying is it takes more than 3 players to win don't know why your saying ask the spurs because they are a prime example of a deep team.

FOXHOUND
07-18-2014, 12:20 AM
When 2 of those 3 stars are labeled injury prone lets see how it works out when one gets hurt and you have to throw out some veteran on his last wheels. All i'm saying is it takes more than 3 players to win don't know why your saying ask the spurs because they are a prime example of a deep team.

They still have Varejao and Waiters, at least in the short term. This trio is much younger though, Love is only 25 and Irving only 22. They haven't even peaked and once again it appears LeBron will be teamed with a top 10 and top 20 player LMAO. Whatever, at least their defense will suck.

Edit: They'll probably have Bennett too. I'm sure the trade will be Wiggins, Thompson and fillers.

FOXHOUND
07-18-2014, 12:23 AM
This was a no brainer, at least they were smart enough not to lose out on cockiness. Wiggins is a raw 19-year old project, Love is an elite player at age 25 with his best years ahead of him. Not to mention that LeBron is 30, can't waste any of his peak years. Wiggins would have a hard time developing offensively next to LeBron and Irving, they are two ball dominant players and elite scorers where as he is raw and can't do anything at a high level. You'd have to be an idiot to take touches away from those two to give them to Wiggins, in Cleveland he's going to develop into a defensive specialist who spot up shoots 14 times a game like Bosh.

PurpleJesus
07-18-2014, 12:32 AM
GSW now say Klay Thompson is available.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/love-willing-to-exercise-option-if-traded-to-warriors/

How is this possible? I thought the Wolves had no leverage.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:47 AM
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/love-willing-to-exercise-option-if-traded-to-warriors/

That's good news for Minnesota Cavs will probably have to give up Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson and a couple firsts now.

FOXHOUND
07-18-2014, 12:51 AM

GS is dumb, they should have made this trade a month ago. The big hold up was what, Klay and taking back Martin? Let's take a second to realize that Klay is a RFA next offseason, and that judging by certain deals this offseason (*cough* Hayward and Parsons *cough*) he will no doubt be getting a max contract offer.

So the big hold up has been what, having to pay Kevin Martin and giving up a good 24-year old SG due for a big pay day next year? Do they realize that they would be dumping David Lee's deal? David Lee makes $15M this year and $15.5M next year. Kevin Martin makes $6.7M this year, $7M next year and $7.4M the year after.

So they don't want to take on Kevin Martin and pay him $21.1M over 3 years in a deal that would let them dump Lee's $30.5M over 2 years? Not only is it a LOT less but it's spread out over 3 years, so at least it's less harsh on your salary cap as well. PLUS, PLUUUUUS, they are going to be paying Klay Thompson $15M next season and $64M over the 4 years if they plan keeping him...

Kevin Love and Kevin Martin for $27M or so in 2015?

OR

David Lee and Klay Thompson for $30M or so in 2015?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!

Sorry, just... gah.

PurpleJesus
07-18-2014, 12:51 AM
T-Spence @tspence26 · 10m
No truth to these Golden State Warriors rumors, stop tweeting me about it. Deal is done, Kevin Love is a Cav, expect it announced tomorrow

PurpleJesus
07-18-2014, 12:52 AM
lol, who is this tspence guy? he just burst on the scene today, and is getting tons of mentions from reputable insiders around the country.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:55 AM
T-Spence @tspence26 · 10m
No truth to these Golden State Warriors rumors, stop tweeting me about it. Deal is done, Kevin Love is a Cav, expect it announced tomorrow

That's lame if that guy is for real they should have taken Bennett instead.

FOXHOUND
07-18-2014, 12:55 AM
lol, who is this tspence guy? he just burst on the scene today, and is getting tons of mentions from reputable insiders around the country.

Must be a beat writer for Minnesota or something lol.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:57 AM

If he's legit he's probably just some hacker.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:07 AM
T-Spence @tspence26 · 2h
Exact quote from source : "We have accepted the offer. It's Waiters, Thompson, and Wiggins for Love and the rights to GRIII" word for word.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:08 AM
T-Spence @tspence26 · 7m
Yeah, I'm shocked Cleveland gave up that much. Cavs woke up and realized Minnesota was serious about shopping Love elsewhere, so Cavs moved.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 01:13 AM
T-Spence @tspence26 · 7m
Yeah, I'm shocked Cleveland gave up that much. Cavs woke up and realized Minnesota was serious about shopping Love elsewhere, so Cavs moved.

This Tspence guy is full of **** he had said on a Spurs forum that Gasol would be a Spur.

PurpleJesus
07-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Must be a beat writer for Minnesota or something lol.

lame joke is lame.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:16 AM
This Tspence guy is full of **** he had said on a Spurs forum that Gasol would be a Spur.

Lol well **** I don't doubt you, never even heard of him..

WITZ
07-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Who the hell is T-Spence again :laugh2:

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:19 AM

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Here are some more credible sources:

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisNBA · 53m
Warriors now willing to give up Klay Thompson for Kevin Love, who would exercise option for '15-16 if traded there http://www.basketballinsiders.com/lo...d-to-warriors/ …

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA · 7m
.@YannisNBA reports Warriors are willing to trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love, who would exercise option for '15-16:

WITZ
07-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Here is a Cleveland beat writer:

Aaron Ferguson @Sports_Aaron · 4h
I'm not surprised Cleveland started with a low offer, smart move by them. Smart by Minny to stand their ground.

Aaron Ferguson @Sports_Aaron · 2h
Looks like Wiggins for Love has been agreed upon. A lot of great reporting going on today. #NBA

Aaron Ferguson @Sports_Aaron · 53m
Cleveland twitter is going to explode tomorrow.

Allan Wright ™ @AWSportsNetwork · 21m
Warriors are now wanting to throw Klay Thompson in a deal for Love. Told y'all that you can't wait forever to make a move.

This dude isn't a beat writer hes an intern :laugh2:

bleedprple&gold
07-18-2014, 01:25 AM

They have leverage now that the Cavs have upped their offer. Now GSW has no choice but to include Thompson, which they should have done from the start, but if I'm Minny I'm taking Wiggins. We've pretty much seen what Thompson is, a very solid player but not a superstar, but Wiggins has all the potential in the world.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:25 AM
This dude isn't a beat writer hes an intern :laugh2:

Yeah just saw that lol, big time fail..

Kennedy is a legit source however.

PurpleJesus
07-18-2014, 01:28 AM
Here is a Cleveland beat writer:

Aaron Ferguson @Sports_Aaron · 4h
I'm not surprised Cleveland started with a low offer, smart move by them. Smart by Minny to stand their ground.

Aaron Ferguson @Sports_Aaron · 2h
Looks like Wiggins for Love has been agreed upon. A lot of great reporting going on today. #NBA

Aaron Ferguson @Sports_Aaron · 53m
Cleveland twitter is going to explode tomorrow.

Allan Wright ™ @AWSportsNetwork · 21m
Warriors are now wanting to throw Klay Thompson in a deal for Love. Told y'all that you can't wait forever to make a move.

:laugh2:

FOXHOUND
07-18-2014, 01:31 AM
lame joke is lame.

Not even a joke. If a person with inside sources to a franchise pops up out of nowhere in the sense that reporters around the country are citing him then why wouldn't I assume it's a Minnesota beat writer? Sorry, but other than a Kevin Love trade the Timberwolves don't make any noise around the NBA, let alone their beat writers.

WITZ
07-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Yeah just saw that lol, big time fail..

Kennedy is a legit source however.

Lol Its bound to happen with all these sources popping out. I think somebody is putting out these Wiggins rumors in order to put some pressure on GS and it appears to be working because the only legit sources are discussing them adding Klay. Haven't seen any legit sources on this supposed Wiggins deal don't count chris broussard and his multiple sauces as legit btw lol.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Lol Its bound to happen with all these sources popping out. I think somebody is putting out these Wiggins rumors in order to put some pressure on GS and it appears to be working because the only legit sources are discussing them adding Klay. Haven't seen any legit sources on this supposed Wiggins deal don't count chris broussard and his multiple sauces as legit btw lol.

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 1 minute ago
Warriors source flatly denies a report that they are offering Klay Thompson to Minnesota. "It's not true," the source said minutes ago.

No idea what to believe lol

5ass
07-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Agreed 100%.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 01:45 AM
So much chaos going on. Nothing is going to happen. Although, if I wake up to news of Love being a Cav, much like when I heard about LeBron going to Cleveland not 30 minutes after I woke up and choked on my eggs, I would not sleep until October.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:48 AM
We got a twitter battle going on lol

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami about 5 minutes ago
I'm not attacking the report (bit.ly/1nhtw2b) --there are all sorts of twists and turns that could happen. But it surprised me...

Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 4 minutes ago
The report surprised me because I talked to multiple sources today who said the GSWs have debated it and decided not to offer Klay T to MIN.

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisNBA 1 minute ago
Didn't come off as attack - I respect your sources. All we can do is let it play out. MT @Tim Kawakami: I'm not attacking the report.

ragee
07-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Why trade Wiggins? Why not let Love become a free agent, get a team with zero chance to land Love who has cap space sign him then trade for him with minimal loss. Cleveland and whoever the other team is will both benefit from it.

amak316
07-18-2014, 02:02 AM
Incredibly short sighted to trade Wiggins. He has hall of fame potential and 20 years+ of basketball left in him. This could be a move that people look back on as the worst decision in Cavs history, any time there's even a 1% chance of that happening it isn't worth it.

He will be a Free Agent next year and if he can't be had there will be other free agents that will love to play with LBJ and by then their other assets might be worth more (Bennett/waiters) as often getting a year with a ton of media coverage and a deep playoff run tends to drive up your players value.

FOXHOUND
07-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Incredibly short sighted to trade Wiggins. He has hall of fame potential and 20 years+ of basketball left in him. This could be a move that people look back on as the worst decision in Cavs history, any time there's even a 1% chance of that happening it isn't worth it.

He will be a Free Agent next year and if he can't be had there will be other free agents that will love to play with LBJ and by then their other assets might be worth more (Bennett/waiters) as often getting a year with a ton of media coverage and a deep playoff run tends to drive up your players value.

20+ years? You think he's going to play until he's 40? Even so, why would that matter? Kevin Love also has Hall of Fame potential and at just age 25 is the best offensive big men and one of the best rebounding big men in the NBA. If there was any question as to which of these two would make the HoF if one of them did it would be 100% Kevin Love, as Wiggins as played 0 minutes in the NBA.

NYSpirit1
07-18-2014, 04:49 AM
LeBron is such a *****. I mean seriously - this jack off writes a stupid letter to gets everyone's sympathy, but the truth has been revealed.

If the Cavs land Love, LeBron just traded Wade and Bosh for Love and Irving, a ridiculously unfair trade off that will ruin LeBrons legacy.

As much as this was about 'coming home', it will be about championship chasing, which no top 10 player in NBA history did.

He can use the convenient letter all he wants, but the facts remain he left Cleveland in 2010 to join a prime Wade and Bosh. Now they declined after 4 straight Finals appearances, so LeBron has no faith in himself or that organization to get it done so he needs to bolt back to Cleveland to team with a prime Love and Irving.

Absolutely freaking ridiculous that the best player in the league can hijack the NBA to what will amount to a 9-12 year timeframe JUST by him bouncing around changing teams all the time to team up with the best stars in the league.

This guy is unbelievable. It's unprecedented. Imagine Jordan, Magic, Bird or Kobe doing this.

2-15's4-22's
07-18-2014, 05:16 AM
LeBron is such a *****. I mean seriously - this jack off writes a stupid letter to gets everyone's sympathy, but the truth has been revealed.

If the Cavs land Love, LeBron just traded Wade and Bosh for Love and Irving, a ridiculously unfair trade off that will ruin LeBrons legacy.

As much as this was about 'coming home', it will be about championship chasing, which no top 10 player in NBA history did.

He can use the convenient letter all he wants, but the facts remain he left Cleveland in 2010 to join a prime Wade and Bosh. Now they declined after 4 straight Finals appearances, so LeBron has no faith in himself or that organization to get it done so he needs to bolt back to Cleveland to team with a prime Love and Irving.

Absolutely freaking ridiculous that the best player in the league can hijack the NBA to what will amount to a 9-12 year timeframe JUST by him bouncing around changing teams all the time to team up with the best stars in the league.

This guy is unbelievable. It's unprecedented. Imagine Jordan, Magic, Bird or Kobe doing this.

Yep pretty much this its funny how Gilbert was trying so hard to break up super teams just to try and create one himself smh

3ballbomber
07-18-2014, 05:43 AM

you bout to get Lebron fans all up in knot now. watch 'em come at ya w/ their lame justifications & excuses. Lebron is str8 female-dog-made :cool:

basketfan4life
07-18-2014, 06:39 AM
Poor Kevin Love,

I mean, last year he was the best PF in the league, next year CAVS didn't win it all because LeBron didn't have enough help Love isn't even a viable second option.

A lot of people went down that road, it seems like Love is next in line.

ellisgw
07-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Does this dumbass watch basketball? Do you know many HOF players magic and bird played with. Does this dumbass know CBA and FA is different now than the 80's. This is white clown mad because a black person has options in his career. How dare a black male leave his work for better opportunities.

DR_1
07-18-2014, 08:41 AM
So much chaos going on. Nothing is going to happen. Although, if I wake up to news of Love being a Cav, much like when I heard about LeBron going to Cleveland not 30 minutes after I woke up and choked on my eggs, I would not sleep until October.

*Cough* Bandwagon *Cough*

BallZ24Deep
07-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Lakers fan says....Block that trade!

Crackadalic
07-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Cavs just need to pick up that damn phone and call Minny that Wiggins is available and get this done already

jmartin80
07-18-2014, 10:58 AM

I agree 100% with this.

Does this dumbass watch basketball? Do you know many HOF players magic and bird played with. Does this dumbass know CBA and FA is different now than the 80's. This is white clown mad because a black person has options in his career. How dare a black male leave his work for better opportunities.

And.... worst post of the month goes to this guy. Grats!

Teeboy1487
07-18-2014, 11:14 AM
20+ years? You think he's going to play until he's 40? Even so, why would that matter? Kevin Love also has Hall of Fame potential and at just age 25 is the best offensive big men and one of the best rebounding big men in the NBA. If there was any question as to which of these two would make the HoF if one of them did it would be 100% Kevin Love, as Wiggins as played 0 minutes in the NBA.
This. If I were the Cavs, I would make this trade happen right now.

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Cavs just need to pick up that damn phone and call Minny that Wiggins is available and get this done already

kinda makes you wonder if the reports are true

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Here's a simple explanation why the Cavs should not trade for Love.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-trading-andrew-wiggins-kevin-134100309.html

ManRam
07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
kinda makes you wonder if the reports are true

Didn't Minny's owner say recently he doesn't want to trade Love now? Maybe that's true.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 11:29 AM
They have a lot of ammo even if GS includes Klay. Unless it is Klay AND Barnes, Cleveland shouldn't budge. I'd keep waiting it out, there is no rush. Wiggins can only improve his stock, even if he got hurt he would still be the best possible return for Minnesota. Bennett can only improve his stock as well.

Even if Cleveland passes on Love, they are set up to trade for the next star that is available. If they want to trade Wiggins, they could get their hands on the next two. A Waiters, Thompson, Bennett package is at LEAST on par with the packages traded for Deron, Dwight, Melo, KG and Ray Allen.

I know Love could potentially be the best fit in the league for LeBron, but this is high stakes poker. Wiggins is not a dime a dozen asset either, and there will be others after Kevin Love.

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Cavs with 3 max players will leave them with about 7 mil of cap room left. It's nice to get a big 3. But you have 12 other roster spots open.

Big 3s don't always work.

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Didn't Minny's owner say recently he doesn't want to trade Love now? Maybe that's true.

domnt know if the owner actually said that- ive never seen any direct quotes. seems like lots of posturing by all 3 teams and bottom line is there are no real games scheduled for over 3 months so theres no point in giving in now if there is a chance at a better deal

WSU Tony
07-18-2014, 11:59 AM
They have a lot of ammo even if GS includes Klay. Unless it is Klay AND Barnes, Cleveland shouldn't budge. I'd keep waiting it out, there is no rush. Wiggins can only improve his stock, even if he got hurt he would still be the best possible return for Minnesota. Bennett can only improve his stock as well.

Even if Cleveland passes on Love, they are set up to trade for the next star that is available. If they want to trade Wiggins, they could get their hands on the next two. A Waiters, Thompson, Bennett package is at LEAST on par with the packages traded for Deron, Dwight, Melo, KG and Ray Allen.

I know Love could potentially be the best fit in the league for LeBron, but this is high stakes poker. Wiggins is not a dime a dozen asset either, and there will be others after Kevin Love.

He's the golden boy right now. He can do nothing but HURT his stock moving forward. Nothing in the summer league will add value. Once he sees minutes in the NBA we'll quickly figure out his limitations. When he isn't a top 25 player in the league in the first month his perceived value will decline. He's being touted as a top 25 player with the hype he's getting...

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 12:07 PM
He's the golden boy right now. He can do nothing but HURT his stock moving forward. Nothing in the summer league will add value. Once he sees minutes in the NBA we'll quickly figure out his limitations. When he isn't a top 25 player in the league in the first month his perceived value will decline. He's being touted as a top 25 player with the hype he's getting...

unless he explodes right off the bat, and the percentages of that happening are very low.

ghettosean
07-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Is it just me or shouldn't the cavs be trying to get Lavine back in this deal if they are giving up the #1 pick in the draft???

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:30 PM
If Cavs were smart they'd be trying to upgrade Irving he's nowhere near as good as people say.

Chronz
07-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Poor Kevin Love,

I mean, last year he was the best PF in the league, next year CAVS didn't win it all because LeBron didn't have enough help Love isn't even a viable second option.

A lot of people went down that road, it seems like Love is next in line.

Have you not been watching Love's career? He would gladly take losing as a 2nd option while contending than what hes been forced to deal with through the Kahn era. He wants a chance to prove himself, the chances Bron has provided others in the past, he should WANT to be next in line. Its the only way we get to see how great he plays when the stage truly matters. I for one am tired of wondering how good Love is, so lets keep this "best at his position" stuff in perspective alil. K

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 12:53 PM
T-wolves prefer Klay Thompson to Wiggins. I love that T-wolves/Lebron are going to screw the Cavs over hard if they ever get their hands on Love. Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, Waiters and 2 firsts is what they're heading for lol.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/18/report-timberwolves-prefer-klay-thompson-to-andrew-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wade n Fade
07-18-2014, 12:59 PM
The potential Cavs lineup seems like a volatile combo. Lebron is the only guy who plays well on D. The other two don't. Love and Irving have injury histories too. Lebron cannot shoulder the load anymore because he doesn't want to do it. Houston, Phoenix, etc have better rosters, but he went back "home."

AWash013
07-18-2014, 01:01 PM
With now supposedly the Cavs saying that they don't want to trade Wiggins again, what does this do for other team's that thought they were out? I'm still calling bs that Wiggins is off the table. But I find it hard to believe that he won't be a cavalier or a warrior. Boston had a remote chance and blew it earlier in the offseason unfortunately. Just get it over with and I'll keep my dignity. I don't want him anywhere but Minnesota or Boston haha

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO about 20 minutes ago
Plenty of folks around NBA predict Kevin Love will eventually ask TWolves to trade him to CLE. Not a fact, but it is a belief.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Kurt Helin @basketballtalk about 25 minutes ago
Report: Timberwolves prefer Klay Thompson to Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade dlvr.it/6MQBq7

Wonder why that is the case, I'd take Wiggins over Thompson any day. Klay is a solid NBA player, but Wiggins has the potential to be special.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Report: Timberwolves prefer Klay Thompson to Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade dlvr.it/6MQBq7

Wonder why that is the case, I'd take Wiggins over Thompson any day. Klay is a solid NBA player, but Wiggins has the potential to be special.

I will be livid if they pass on Wiggins for the GS deal

ManRam
07-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Unbelievable.

Killerjug
07-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Feel decently strong that's a smoke screen to try and get Cleveland to add to Wiggins

Confusious
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Here's a simple explanation why the Cavs should not trade for Love.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-trading-andrew-wiggins-kevin-134100309.html
The finances become null and void because eventually Wiggins will want a max contract. And then we're back to square one. Granted, that won't happen for four years. But is it worth waiting to see if he even becomes a superstar? What if he flops? Then it'll blow up in our faces that we didn't trade him for Love when his value was massive.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 01:30 PM
The finances become null and void because eventually Wiggins will want a max contract. And then we're back to square one. Granted, that won't happen for four years. But is it worth waiting to see if he even becomes a superstar? What if he flops? Then it'll blow up in our faces that we didn't trade him for Love when his value was massive.

and by the time Wiggins becomes a star player (if he does), LeBron will be past his prime.

The trade makes sense for both teams. Does Cleveland lose cap flexibility with this deal? Yes. But show me a team with 3 players of that caliber that is swimming in cap space.....

Sandman
07-18-2014, 01:35 PM

Thats still 4 years away while for Klay it is 1, that is not null and void at all.

Whether or not it is worth waiting depends on your personal opinion of Wiggins. If you are a believer in his talent, you don't let him go.

They will be able to make the next trade if the Warriors get Love.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 01:36 PM
I will be livid if they pass on Wiggins for the GS deal

I've heard this report multiple times man, I don't get why the **** you pass on a potential superstar for a good NBA player, but not great in Klay Thompson.

The Wolves also get Wiggins locked up for 7 years. I am not sure if he wants to stay in Minnesota or not, but that gives you 7 years to build a contender. If you cant build a contender in 7 years, Wiggins should leave.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 01:39 PM
I've heard this report multiple times man, I don't get why the **** you pass on a potential superstar for a good NBA player, but not great in Klay Thompson.

The Wolves also get Wiggins locked up for 7 years. I am not sure if he wants to stay in Minnesota or not,but that gives you 7 years to build a contender. If you cant build a contender in 7 years, Wiggins should leave.

He'll be gone after 4 he can make way more money in Toronto than Minnesota or Cleveland.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 01:47 PM

The Wolves also get Wiggins locked up for 7 years. I am not sure if he wants to stay in Minnesota or not, but that gives you 7 years to build a contender. If you cant build a contender in 7 years, Wiggins should leave.

Wiggins basement is a better player than Klay currently is imo. Thompson is about to get a $12 million a year deal, and I just don't understand the infatuation with him. Also consider the financial impact the GS trade has going forward, and I don't get at all why Flip would pass on Wiggins/Bennett/future 1st for that package.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 01:47 PM
He'll be gone after 4 he can make way more money in Toronto than Minnesota or Cleveland.

no he won't. A team can hold a player for 7 years if they want.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 01:49 PM
and by the time Wiggins becomes a star player (if he does), LeBron will be past his prime.

The trade makes sense for both teams. Does Cleveland lose cap flexibility with this deal? Yes. But show me a team with 3 players of that caliber that is swimming in cap space.....
You could have said the same thing about Kareem and Magic

This idea that Cleveland has to wait for Wiggins is silly. He will make an impact right away and grow from there. He won't be as good as Love in year 1, but it isn't going to take him 5 years to show up (if he does).

If they have an up-and-coming star behind LeBron, that extends their window. Especially with Kyrie on the team as well. That team is ****ing loaded compared to the team he left 4 years ago.

They could ultimately trade him for Love, but I think a lot of people are overlooking what Wiggins can bring to the table right away and dismissing him as a bag of potential with no experience.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 01:50 PM

Exactly. And maybe Bron didn't mention Wiggins in his letter because he doesn't want to play with him? He's a really smart man, I really doubt he just randomly forgot his name but specifically listed Waiters and TT as players he feels he could help elevate their games.

The writing is on the wall. And if you want LeBron to stay (which might be a concern if the team doesn't do well this year), you make the trade. Wiggins has all the potential in the world, but that doesn't make us an immediate contender. Just get the trade done.

And to anybody that says "sometimes Big 3 don't work", you're delusional. What about the Big 3 in Boston before? And what about the big 3 in Miami? 2 'ships in 4 years? That didn't work out? Good grief. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 01:51 PM

This idea that Cleveland has to wait for Wiggins is silly. He will make an impact right away and grow from there. He won't be as good as Love in year 1, but it isn't going to take him 5 years to show up (if he does).

If they have an up-and-coming star behind LeBron, that extends their window. Especially with Kyrie on the team as well. That team is ****ing loaded compared to the team he left 4 years ago.

They could ultimately trade him for Love, but I think a lot of people are overlooking what Wiggins can bring to the table right away and dismissing him as a bag of potential with no experience.

I don't think he brings enough to the table to contend for a couple years. And the fact is, Love is already one of the best players in the league, with a skillset that meshes perfectly with LeBron.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Exactly. And maybe Bron didn't mention Wiggins in his letter because he doesn't want to play with him? He's a really smart man, I really doubt he just randomly forgot his name but specifically listed Waiters and TT as players he feels he could help elevate their games.

The writing is on the wall. And if you want LeBron to stay (which might be a concern if the team doesn't do well this year), you make the trade. Wiggins has all the potential in the world, but that doesn't make us an immediate contender. Just get the trade done.

And to anybody that says "sometimes Big 3 don't work", you're delusional. What about the Big 3 in Boston before? And what about the big 3 in Miami? 2 'ships in 4 years? That didn't work out? Good grief. :rolleyes:

Show me a big 3 where 2 of the best players are still really young too...

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Pretty sure Love showed up year 3 - 20 ppg 15.2 rpg with a 24.3 PER. Second - that' the point, most young players don't "show up" until year 3 - that's 2 prime years of Lebron wasted.

D-Leethal
07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Show me a big 3 where 2 of the best players are still really young too...

Durant-Westbrook-Harden

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Durant-Westbrook-Harden

perfect drafting, even led them to have to break up their big 3.

D-Leethal
07-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Pretty sure Love showed up year 3 - 20 ppg 15.2 rpg with a 24.3 PER. Second - that' the point, most young players don't "show up" until year 3 - that's 2 prime years of Lebron wasted.

"Wasted" is a super stretch. Cavs are already favorites to win the East. I think they are being undervalued how good they will be this year. I see 60+ wins and a Finals birth to be honest. Wiggins allows them to compete for chips until LeBron is 40 and after LeBron retires while competing for chips now as well.

IDK what I would do, but to say your wasting his prime is laughable. Kyrie is more than enough of a sidekick for Bron to win the East and Wiggins is a stud in the making. He will have an easy time making contributions based on who is around him - think Kawai Leonard.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 02:06 PM
"Wasted" is a super stretch. Cavs are already favorites to win the East. I think they are being undervalued how good they will be this year. I see 60+ wins and a Finals birth to be honest. Wiggins allows them to compete for chips until LeBron is 40 and after LeBron retires while competing for chips now as well.

IDK what I would do, but to say your wasting his prime is laughable. Kyrie is more than enough of a sidekick for Bron to win the East and Wiggins is a stud in the making. He will have an easy time making contributions based on who is around him - think Kawai Leonard.

as is, you think the Cavs can win 60 games? I don't at all.

D-Leethal
07-18-2014, 02:10 PM
as is, you think the Cavs can win 60 games? I don't at all.

Yes, and barring injury I'd almost guarantee it. Look what LeBron did with the Cavs teams previously - winning 66 games with nobodies and the team wins 17 games once he leaves.

He has his dynamic backcourt mate who can shoot the rock off the ball very well, he's got shooters galore and young active bigs. Not to mention Wiggins running the floor with him and Kyrie.

I think 60 is a lock, I really do.

D-Leethal
07-18-2014, 02:11 PM
perfect drafting, even led them to have to break up their big 3.

Damn shame is occurred in a small market. That team was bound for greatness. I would be pissed if I was KD thinking "what if".

east fb knicks
07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
lmao love doesn't make the cavs better imo it's just a lateral move probably only being made to sell more tickets andy v is injury prone and hasn't been the same player now you add love and the cavs are capped out and would only add players with the mle

somebody name me a big three where 2 of the 3 are horrible defenders ima laugh if love goes to the cavs and they lose in the 2nd rd and lbj leaves again

FriedTofuz
07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
OKC's owner screwed up when they wouldnt go into luxury tax to retain Harden, even though he sucks on defense, his talent cannot be overlooked.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Durant-Westbrook-Harden
Harden was the 6th man, so I don't even know if that counted. He wasn't really utilized there. But hey, thanks for bringing up OKC. There's a team that has two young dynamic studs, lacks that third guy, and can't crack a championship yet. And Cleveland shouldn't get Love, because of lack of depth.

The difference between Miami, and San Antonio, is that San Antonio's big three is older, but take a very modest price cut so that they can play together and stay competitive. Big 3s do work and you'd be a fool to argue otherwise...

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Yes, and barring injury I'd almost guarantee it. Look what LeBron did with the Cavs teams previously - winning 66 games with nobodies and the team wins 17 games once he leaves.

He has his dynamic backcourt mate who can shoot the rock off the ball very well, he's got shooters galore and young active bigs. Not to mention Wiggins running the floor with him and Kyrie.

I think 60 is a lock, I really do.

I don't think we are seeing the same LeBron. 4 straight years in the finals. We saw off and on how dead he was, and this past season, he shifted into the 29 year old who didn't try on defense to save his energy.

While I don't think there is another player in history that could have lifted those Cavs rosters to 60 wins like he did, I don't think that will work out like it did before.

Do you agree that adding Love would increase their chances at a title?

Nikeman
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft 1 hour ago
Not to burst Cavs fans bubble but if Warriors are willing to include Thompson that trumps Cavs. Wolves prefer Klay bc more ready per source.

More NBA ready? LOL, so you pass up on a potential star?

Smh Wolves...

Hawkeye15
Damn shame is occurred in a small market. That team was bound for greatness. I would be pissed if I was KD thinking "what if".

yep. That team is in a large market with a higher cash flow, they are winning plenty of championships.

Minimal
07-18-2014, 02:30 PM
if im cleveland, i keep either wiggins or waiters if the trade goes down, no other way. wiggins, tt, bennett for love or waiters, tt, bennett, miamis first for love, if wolves want more its no deal. they should keep a sg with potential in the team or they are ****d, who is gonna start at sg for them? 38 year old ray allen?

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 02:42 PM
if im cleveland, i keep either wiggins or waiters if the trade goes down, no other way. wiggins, tt, bennett for love or waiters, tt, bennett, miamis first for love, if wolves want more its no deal. they should keep a sg with potential in the team or they are ****d, who is gonna start at sg for them? 38 year old ray allen?

as a Wolves fan, I have no interest in Waiters. We have had enough underachieving wings over the past 7 years...

Wiggins/Bennett/Haywood/future 1st for Love is what I am hoping for.

RateSports
07-18-2014, 02:50 PM
as a Wolves fan, I have no interest in Waiters. We have had enough underachieving wings over the past 7 years...

Wiggins/Bennett/Haywood/future 1st for Love is what I am hoping for.

I don't think the Cavs give up Bennett and Wiggins for Love.

I say, Wiggins/Haywood/1 Pick.

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Cavs should see what they have this year with their current team.

They still have significant cap space left and could go after a player like Marc Gasol next season.

RateSports
07-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Think of it like this guys

If the Cavs had Kevin Love and the Wolves had Andrew Wiggins, would ANYONE be saying the Cavs should trade?

No.

Case closed.

Trade Wiggins.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 03:20 PM

If the Cavs had Kevin Love and the Wolves had Andrew Wiggins, would ANYONE be saying the Cavs should trade?

No.

Case closed.

Trade Wiggins.
Its not that simple though, they may have a package to get it done without Wiggins, and no other team has a Wiggins to offer.

If the Wolves trade with anybody other than the Cavs, will they get a player like Andrew Wiggins?

No

Case opened. :)

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 03:23 PM
I don't think the Cavs give up Bennett and Wiggins for Love.

I say, Wiggins/Haywood/1 Pick.

need more salary from Cleveland.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2014, 03:36 PM
The more time goes by, the more likely it is GS "outbid" CLE. My question is - is getting rid of Martin, really worth passing on Wiggins? Because straight up, Wiggins+Bennet >> Thompson+Lee+Barnes, at least 2 years down the road.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 03:39 PM
The more time goes by, the more likely it is GS "outbid" CLE. My question is - is getting rid of Martin, really worth passing on Wiggins? Because straight up, Wiggins+Bennet >> Thompson+Lee+Barnes, at least 2 years down the road.
I have seen wishy washy reports on GS being willing to trade Thompson, I'm not sure they would move Klay & Barnes in the same deal.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 03:46 PM

No.

Case closed.

Trade Wiggins.
Oh, he will be traded. It's just a matter of WHEN.

To be honest, I was more impressed with Bennett in Summer League than Wiggins...

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Oh, he will be traded. It's just a matter of WHEN.

To be honest, I was more impressed with Bennett in Summer League than Wiggins...

as was I. But Bennett dug himself a hole by reporting so out of shape last year.

Trust me, as a Wolves fan, I would love it if he was a throw in here, and actually turned out to be a decent starting PF

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 03:55 PM
I have seen wishy washy reports on GS being willing to trade Thompson, I'm not sure they would move Klay & Barnes in the same deal.

they may if Martin is coming with Love, bout the only way I can see it. Iggy can guard the better wing, and they can hide Martin.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 03:57 PM
no he won't. A team can hold a player for 7 years if they want.

All he has to do is refuse to sign after 4 years and the T-wolves will be forced to trade him.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 03:59 PM
All he has to do is refuse to sign after 4 years and the T-wolves will be forced to trade him.

He would have to turn down a major contract offer and sign a 7m or whatever tender instead.

That's a big risk for a guy that hasn't made that money yet

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 04:02 PM
He would have to turn down a major contract offer and sign a 7m or whatever tender instead.

That's a big risk for a guy that hasn't made that money yet

Couldn't he sign a tender for 1 year and get a max deal the year after?

KINGOFSPORTS
07-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Wiggins is already an elite defender in the league.

KLove cant defend at all

If I were the Cavs I would let Wiggins play at least half a year to see how he looks

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 04:09 PM

he would have to turn down a huge amount of money and take his one year tender.

When has that happened?

RateSports
07-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Its not that simple though, they may have a package to get it done without Wiggins

Case opened. :)

I don't think this is realistic in any way.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Couldn't he sign a tender for 1 year and get a max deal the year after?

yup, but he would have to turn down the 90m extension having made 15-20 so far

very rare.

Sandman
07-18-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't think this is realistic in any way.

Its definitely true if GS is iffy about trading Klay and Love is only willing to commit 1 more season.

Waiters would easily be the best player they could get back

unleashthebeast
07-18-2014, 04:46 PM
If Dion freaking Waiters is the best player you can get back, you just keep Love for the next year and let his *** walk. Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the NBA, no chance in hell Waiters will be the best piece they can acquire from now up until the trade deadline

daleja424
07-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Oh the hypocrisy of Dan Gilbert. Is there a worse owner in pro sports?

Let's get this straight. In the last week he has given up control of his franchise to Lebron, he has completely flip-flopped on his stance against "super teams", and he has hypocritically encouraged Lebron to "tamper" in the same way he has whined about for years.

"It's not fair. It's not fair. Wahhhhhh! Oh my turn.... Yayyyyyy!"

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 04:58 PM
yup, but he would have to turn down the 90m extension having made 15-20 so far

very rare.

Wiggins would probably get more than that back in endorsement deals if he went home to Toronto though.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Oh the hypocrisy of Dan Gilbert. Is there a worse owner in pro sports?

Let's get this straight. In the last week he has given up control of his franchise to Lebron, he has completely flip-flopped on his stance against "super teams", and he has hypocritically encouraged Lebron to "tamper" in the same way he has whined about for years.

"It's not fair. It's not fair. Wahhhhhh! Oh my turn.... Yayyyyyy!"

I don't like him at all he seems like an a-hole. He looks like a crook too I'd bet a lot that he didn't get his fortune honestly.

Jamiecballer
07-18-2014, 05:03 PM

Let it all out big guy

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Update:

Cavs willing to do Benett/Wiggins and picks.. Minnesota wants more

"The Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed a blockbuster trade centered around Kevin Love and the league's last two No. 1 draft picks, league sources told ESPN.

In an attempt to add Love, a three-time All-Star, the Cavaliers are willing to part with Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the top picks in the past two drafts.

The Timberwolves have discussed trading Kevin Love to the Cavaliers for a package including Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, sources told ESPN.
One source said the Cavs are also willing to give up a first-round draft pick for next season. Any other players involved in the talks are not known.

At one point, a trade seemed close to happening, but Minnesota wants more than the Cavaliers are currently offering, sources said."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11232868/cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-talking-trade-involving-kevin-love-andrew-wiggins-anthony-bennett

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 05:14 PM
NBA on ESPN @ESPNNBA · 23m
Cavaliers, Timberwolves continue to talk deal for Love.

http://es.pn/1zRYp13

Hawkeye, your team isn't jumping on this??

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Update:

"The Minnesota Timberwolves and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed a blockbuster trade centered around Kevin Love and the league's last two No. 1 draft picks, league sources told ESPN.

In an attempt to add Love, a three-time All-Star, the Cavaliers are willing to part with Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the top picks in the past two drafts.

The Timberwolves have discussed trading Kevin Love to the Cavaliers for a package including Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, sources told ESPN.
One source said the Cavs are also willing to give up a first-round draft pick for next season. Any other players involved in the talks are not known.

At one point, a trade seemed close to happening, but Minnesota wants more than the Cavaliers are currently offering, sources said."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11232868/cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-talking-trade-involving-kevin-love-andrew-wiggins-anthony-bennett

Awesome I hope the Cavs throw in Tristan Thompson as well then the NBA might as well just move them to Vancouver.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 05:15 PM
NBA on ESPN @ESPNNBA · 23m
Cavaliers, Timberwolves continue to talk deal for Love.

http://es.pn/1zRYp13

Hawkeye, your team isn't jumping on this??

they better be

east fb knicks
07-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Update:

you know what good for minny they haven't had a lot of good luck recently the funny thing is 3 years from now the twolves might end up being the better team if this trade goes down

ellisgw
07-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Do you watch basketball?

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 05:20 PM
they better be

If I am the Wolves I jump... you got Wiggins on lock for 7 years, basically a 7 year window to put all the pieces around Wiggins to convince him to stay, if they can't accomplish that, then idk what to say..

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 05:21 PM
If I am the Wolves I jump... you got Wiggins on lock for 7 years, basically a 7 year window to put all the pieces around Wiggins to convince him to stay, if they can't accomplish that, then idk what to say..

enjoying your little view of what it's like to be a Wolves fan? This is my life...

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 05:24 PM
enjoying your little view of what it's like to be a Wolves fan? This is my life...

No keep holding out you guys have all the leverage right now. GS has offered you a very good deal and Lebron opened his big mouth about wanting Love, T-wolves are in a position to really screw the Cavs go for it.

Arch Stanton
07-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Rant

Chris Broussard jerked on the chain of Cavs fans when he reported that the Cavs are open to trading Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love, yesterday. The Cavaliers have flatly denied this, and Blatt commented after the game, “Sooner or later, in one’s career, you’re going have to deal with it [rumors]. So if he has to deal with it now, then so be it. It’s the summer league. He’s learning everything as he goes along.” For the second game in a row, Wiggins was unavailable to reporters due to “NBA commitments.” Nice job with that explanation, Cavs PR team. Ugh. The LeBron James era Mark II has already turned into a circus.

First, let’s talk about agency. There are lots of opinions on this Love deal, and we’ve discussed them ad naseum. What no one seems to be talking about is Andrew Wiggins’ opinions. If I’m Andrew Wiggins, there is no way that I want to go from being on a team with LeBron James to going to Minnesota. ‘Drew will get fifty times the exposure and tutelage playing with LeBron. ‘Drew does have the ability to exercise some agency in the situation.

If I’m Bill Duffy (‘Drew’s agent), I use the fact that the Cavs have yet to sign Andrew to my advantage, and take the Wiggins/Love decision out of both teams’ hands. I tell the Cavs brass and Flip Saunders that Wiggins is not signing his rookie deal until he receives a promise that he won’t be traded, at least through his rookie year. (Rookies need stability). Plus I threaten that if traded to Minnesota, Wiggins will refuse to sign, sit out a year, and re-enter the draft — thus reducing his value to Minnesota to zero. If I’m Duffy, I back up this threat by offering to pay Wiggins’ rookie salary myself in that scenario. Andrew Wiggins is not chattel. (I’m good at posturing with Bill Duffy’s money).

In a second bit of nutty information, the unbelievably prescient Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports have reported that, according to “front-office sources,” LeBron James has “reached out” to Love and “expressed a desire for them to play together in Cleveland.” Now let’s examine this. First, if it’s true, and LeBron did this while under contract with the Cavs, it’s tampering — plain and simple. Flip should call for an NBA investigation in this case. Realistically, this front-office source is probably just Flip Saunders who’s leaking stuff to try to start a bidding war between Golden State and Cleveland, so he can pry loose Wiggins or Klay Thompson.

LeBron isn’t that dumb. But is he that egotistical? I really hope that LeBron is gone, and in his place is a mature individual who wants to be in Northeast Ohio long term and not hold the Cavs hostage or have his run of the team. However, if it is true, and LeBron really is trying to “pull the strings” and use his leverage on his one year contract to dictate what the Cavs and the rest of the league should do, then neither he nor Dan Gilbert have learned anything from James’ first stint in Cleveland, and I’m already sick of “the return.”

– Correction. I mistakenly said the Cavs were eliminated Summer League play. Cleveland concludes tournament play tonight when they take on the Miami Heat at 10:30PM ET. Let’s hope there are no fights in the stands.

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=27147

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 05:36 PM

I remember prime KG era when the Wolves were a top west team lol

Wally and Sprewell lol

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 05:38 PM
I remember prime KG era when the Wolves were a top west team lol

for one year, and then Cassell's hip went out in the WCF's game 1, the following offseason they both cried their way out of town.

1 good year in our 25 seasons. Awesome

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 05:41 PM
for one year, and then Cassell's hip went out in the WCF's game 1, the following offseason they both cried their way out of town.

For your sake Hawkeye, I hope the wolves get back Wiggins and in 7 years build something similar to what OKC has.

Wiggins/Dieng/ and Lavine may be a nice core, couple more good drafts and you guys may have stockpiled some of the best young talent in the NBA

AIverson
07-18-2014, 05:52 PM

Yeah, but man for me that 2003-2004 season was the best NBA season ever. Cassell and his mid range shooting, 4th heroics, KG showing the world why he's better the Goat PF... That one season was the most memorable in my years following Minnesota sports.

east fb knicks
07-18-2014, 05:53 PM
For your sake Hawkeye, I hope the wolves get back Wiggins and in 7 years build something similar to what OKC has.

Wiggins/Dieng/ and Lavine may be a nice core, couple more good drafts and you guys may have stockpiled some of the best young talent in the NBA

I think the twolves will be a top team in 3 yearsif they get waiters tt bennet wiggins and a first

Rubio
wiggins
brewer
tt/bennet
pek

ntm they will have cap by getting rid of kmart and love that's a damed good team with the possibility to add key free agents

Sandman
07-18-2014, 05:59 PM
If Dion freaking Waiters is the best player you can get back, you just keep Love for the next year and let his *** walk. Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the NBA, no chance in hell Waiters will be the best piece they can acquire from now up until the trade deadline

Look at the return in Denver for Carmelo, in Orlando for Dwight.

There's a very good chance Waiters could be the best young player offered for Love.

And this is exactly what you risk, losing him for nothing.

Waiters is way better than nothing, and they'd get more than just Waiters.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I think the twolves will be a top team in 3 yearsif they get waiters tt bennet wiggins and a first

Rubio
wiggins
brewer
tt/bennet
pek

ntm they will have cap by getting rid of kmart and love that's a damed good team with the possibility to add key free agents

I hope they just get TT thrown in Waiters has a huge ego/attitude problem.

looka09
07-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Jermain Franklin @TSNJFranklin · 3h

Cavs team sources say that they have NOT offered @22wiggins in a trade for Kevin Love and they are close to signing their 1st overall pick

east fb knicks
07-18-2014, 06:17 PM
I hope they just get TT thrown in Waiters has a huge ego/attitude problem.

ego or not the kids got talent and can easily duplicate the production of kmart

WITZ
07-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Hope the Cavs just sign Wiggins already so it can put an end to all this even if its just for 30 days :laugh2:

goingfor28
07-18-2014, 06:44 PM
Wiggins Bennett and picks is too much imo

Cleveland should just sit tight for now, let the current roster play and call Minny around mid season if things aren't going as planned.

goingfor28
07-18-2014, 06:45 PM

Cavs team sources say that they have NOT offered @22wiggins in a trade for Kevin Love and they are close to signing their 1st overall pick
Good

KINGOFSPORTS
07-18-2014, 07:05 PM
There is no reason for the Cavs to trade Wiggins yet.

It would make more sense to wait until ASB at least and give Wiggins some time to show how good he is

Playing with LeBron will give him inflated stats for sure

Confusious
07-18-2014, 07:11 PM

Jermain Franklin
@TSNJFranklin
TSN reporter based in Calgary - covering the Flames and Stampeders.

o_o

HYFR
07-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Cleveland needs to just sit tight. IMO Lebron isn't bolting a 2nd time and he is there for the remainder of his career. Wait and put pressure on minny to pull the trigger.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Yeah, but man for me that 2003-2004 season was the best NBA season ever. Cassell and his mid range shooting, 4th heroics, KG showing the world why he's better the Goat PF... That one season was the most memorable in my years following Minnesota sports.

oh I remember all of it. Fun year. And then it all went to **** haha

basketfan4life
07-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Have you not been watching Love's career? He would gladly take losing as a 2nd option while contending than what hes been forced to deal with through the Kahn era. He wants a chance to prove himself, the chances Bron has provided others in the past, he should WANT to be next in line. Its the only way we get to see how great he plays when the stage truly matters. I for one am tired of wondering how good Love is, so lets keep this "best at his position" stuff in perspective alil. K

Man you got me the wrong way. I know Love wants that, i was referring to PSD, people here see him as the best pf in the league, i gladly take both Dirk and Griffin above him. But when you don't win it all next to LBJ, you are in for an unfair amount of critisisim. Because everybody can be faulty but not LeBron , according to PSD again.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Man you got me the wrong way. I know Love wants that, i was referring to PSD, people here see him as the best pf in the league, i gladly take both Dirk and Griffin above him. But when you don't win it all next to LBJ, you are in for an unfair amount of critisisim. Because everybody can be faulty but not LeBron , according to PSD again.

totally, cause LeBron wasn't rightly thrown under the bus after the Mavs finals....

east fb knicks
07-18-2014, 07:52 PM

:no:

Bostonjorge
07-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Klay, lee and Barnes is beast deal for Minny. 3 proven players who all play at a high level. That would be the most ever traded for a superstar.

Bennett is bust and is just at throw in. Waiters has played good but his best is nowhere near the warriors 3 best. Thomson has been solid but nothing special. Cavs even drafted a replacement for him in Bennett. Wiggins is the difference maker here. I see superstar written all over him. He will be better then love in year 3 or 4.

Wiggins, waiters, Thomson and Bennett for future

Or

Klay, lee and Barnes for now

basketfan4life
07-18-2014, 07:58 PM
totally, cause LeBron wasn't rightly thrown under the bus after the Mavs finals....
I mean come on hawk, do i need to mention the mavs series? LBJ was the freaking 5th best scorer in the series, there was no way of getting around it.

:no:
Believe me or not, right now in the playoffs, i take Blake and Dirk over Love.

likemystylez
07-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Klay, lee and Barnes is beast deal for Minny. 3 proven players who all play at a high level. That would be the most ever traded for a superstar.

Bennett is bust and is just at throw in. Waiters has played good but his best is nowhere near the warriors 3 best. Thomson has been solid but nothing special. Cavs even drafted a replacement for him in Bennett. Wiggins is the difference maker here. I see superstar written all over him. He will be better then love in year 3 or 4.

Wiggins, waiters, Thomson and Bennett for future

Or

Klay, lee and Barnes for now

warriors should ask for lavine back if they give both klay and barnes

AddiX
07-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Man, I'm still amazed at how good people think klay is around here. And I'm a big fan of his. But this is crazy.

And I really don't care for love, but this idea a deal revolving around klay for love, is so great for minny is hilarious.

Klay is not a superstar, he is not even a star, he's a ****ing role-player, in a offense that shoots a lot of three pointers. Calm down with this klay nonsense.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 08:12 PM
I mean come on hawk, do i need to mention the mavs series? LBJ was the freaking 5th best scorer in the series, there was no way of getting around it.

Believe me or not, right now in the playoffs, i take Blake and Dirk over Love.

Outside of the Mavs series, I can't think of one series since 2008 where LeBron wasn't the best player in the series. So while he will always have some failures, much of it is not on him. His lack of help in Cleveland is legit as hell, and the way Wade has turned into Lt Dan the past 15 months is just hilarious.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Man, I'm still amazed at how good people think klay is around here. And I'm a big fan of his. But this is crazy.

And I really don't care for love, but this idea a deal revolving around klay for love, is so great for minny is hilarious.

Klay is not a superstar, he is not even a star, he's a ****ing role-player, in a offense that shoots a lot of three pointers. Calm down with this klay nonsense.

I seriously don't get the infatuation with the GS deal at all. He is about to get PAID, for being an average starter in the league, who is basically a catch and shoot guy who can defend alright.

The Wolves go straight into cap hell, while being a 35-40 win team with the GS trade. Why bother? Why not go after Wiggins and picks, and whatever else they throw in, and just start over?

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 08:15 PM
NEOMG Cavs @PDcavsinsider · 30m
Report: Kevin Love trade talks between #Cavs, Timberwolves heat up. http://ow.ly/3nklDm

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell 4 minutes ago
George Karl told @Jerry Zgoda Wolves can't afford a Love soap opera. George knows. If Cavs offering Wiggins and Bennett, time to deal.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 08:19 PM
NEOMG Cavs @PDcavsinsider · 30m
Report: Kevin Love trade talks between #Cavs, Timberwolves heat up. http://ow.ly/3nklDm
Finally, a source that can actually be respected.
I hope this deal gets done soon. But not TOO soon. If we have to wait a little and end up giving a bit less, that would be a victory in and of itself.

Santana4Prez'08
07-18-2014, 08:34 PM
if cleveland is willing to give wiggins, minny would be so foolish to not accept. he's gonna be an absolute stud and contribute immediately. if they can get waiters too that'd be great for them, he's a real nice piece to have. also bennett is gonna rebound and be an average player in this league at least. you watch. the three of them for love would be a great move for minny's future.

Confusious
07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
if cleveland is willing to give wiggins, minny would be so foolish to not accept. he's gonna be an absolute stud and contribute immediately. if they can get waiters too that'd be great for them, he's a real nice piece to have. also bennett is gonna rebound and be an average player in this league at least. you watch. the three of them for love would be a great move for minny's future.
Moving Wiggins and Waiters makes no sense for CLE. It gives us no SG flexibility unless we start Miller/Allen (if he signs).

Anyway I don't think Minny is interested in Waiters. And moving Wiggins means Waiters will get the starter minutes that he so desperately wants. Everybody's happy. Everybody gets the guy they want.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I would say Dion is off limits.

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 09:11 PM
I would say Dion is off limits.

Dion or Wiggins, either or, not both. Cavs can't afford to not have a starting SG lol

LOOTERX9
07-18-2014, 09:17 PM
wiggins cant shoot nor can he dribble. his value would have went down if he started season with cavs. lbj needs shooters around him. not 19 yr old prospects. dont cavs fans want to win a title ever in life? hahaha

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 5m
Can always change w/ one text or call, but #Twolves source backs what the Love camp said this morning: don't expect Love news this weekend.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Dion or Wiggins, either or, not both. Cavs can't afford to not have a starting SG lol

Trade is going to be Wiggins(4.6 mil), Bennett (5.6 mil), Thompson(5.1 mil), and a 1st or 2 for Love (15.7 mil)

Nikeman
07-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Trade is going to be Wiggins(4.6 mil), Bennett (5.6 mil), Thompson(5.1 mil), and a 1st or 2 for Love (15.7 mil)

Maybe Haywood as a filler contract?

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Maybe Haywood as a filler contract?

That trade would be 400,000 off from being equal I don't think you'd need to include Haywood nor would T-Wolves want him.

LOOTERX9
07-18-2014, 09:28 PM
love will be looked at as top pf in game once he starts playing with lebron. cavs will have #1 seed and he will be elevated. thats how these things work. oh and cavs fans dont deserve this cause they are being greedy trying to keep wiggins. if cavs keep wiggin cavs wont win any titles ever. i promise that

kantarok
07-18-2014, 09:30 PM
If they trade Wiggins for Love, Lebron can never be taken serious again. Lebron always needs a stretch 4 for some reason. He is just chasing rings by recruiting extremely good players to play smaller roles and they still lose. I know for a fact he will not win a championship with Love. Lebron planned this from the start; he didn't even include their names in the letter back to cleveland. I am starting to dislike him

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 09:31 PM
love will be looked at as top pf in game once he starts playing with lebron. cavs will have #1 seed and he will be elevated. thats how these things work. oh and cavs fans dont deserve this cause they are being greedy trying to keep wiggins. if cavs keep wiggin cavs wont win any titles ever. i promise that

That's true Lebron will be old before Wiggins is a star and Wiggins will not have long term plans to stay in Cleveland. It's better for Wiggins to leave too he won't develop properly in Cleveland too many of his weaknesses will be hidden rather than worked on.

LOOTERX9
07-18-2014, 09:31 PM
i kinda want cavs to keep wiggins only so i can laugh at them when they get knocked out playoffs by the heat ,bulls or indy in 2nd round. then lbj opts out to go play with melo cause cavs did not get love there

LOOTERX9
07-18-2014, 09:35 PM
If they trade Wiggins for Love, Lebron can never be taken serious again. Lebron always
needs a stretch 4 for some reason. He is just chasing rings by recruiting extremely good players to play smaller roles and they still lose. I know for a fact he will not win a championship with Love. Lebron planned this from the start; he didn't even include their names in the letter back to cleveland. I am starting to dislike him

well he aint winning title with wiggins either if thats the case. he has better chance at title playin with love over wiggins. i dont get what cavs fans are even thinking bout. its a no brainer.

JustinTime
07-18-2014, 09:37 PM
well he aint winning title with wiggins either if thats the case. he has better chance at title playin with love over wiggins. i dont get what cavs fans are even thinking bout. its a no brainer.

Is Cleveland with LBJ, Love, and Irving better than Miami with LBJ, Wade, Bosh when healthy?

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:20 PM
This is all just a big headache, I think the Cavs will be fine with or without him.