PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think the Cavs should be targeting?

JasonJohnHorn
07-17-2014, 07:17 PM
We all know the Love rumours are swirling, and on paper, LBJ + Love = Looks pretty fugging awesome, but....

Who do you think the team could use most?

If I were the Cavs, as unlikely as it might sound, I'd be calling up ATL, CHI or MEM to look into getting Horford, Noah or Gasol. A defensive C who can pass would be huge for them, not a guy looking to shoot 18-20 shots a game.

But I may be way off. Perhaps they need a different kind of point guard, or C or PF.

Who do you think would lift the Cavs? And feel free to project any kind of deal you might think would to improve both teams.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Defensive bigs and guys that can shoot (preferably ones that can defend)

Surround Lebron with those and your in good shape.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2014, 07:23 PM
via trade, they would essentially be sending out their assets for Love.

In free agency, they need shooters and defenders around Love/Bron/Irving. Miller/Allen already in (Allen assumption), so maybe ask Shawn Marion, and Elton Brand what they are doing?

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:26 PM
We all know the Love rumours are swirling, and on paper, LBJ + Love = Looks pretty fugging awesome, but....

If I were the Cavs, as unlikely as it might sound, I'd be calling up ATL, CHI or MEM to look into getting Horford, Noah or Gasol. A defensive C who can pass would be huge for them, not a guy looking to shoot 18-20 shots a game.

But I may be way off. Perhaps they need a different kind of point guard, or C or PF.

Who do you think would lift the Cavs? And feel free to project any kind of deal you might think would to improve both teams.Bulls are not parting with Noah, especially now that they have Gasol to back him up. Horford is pretty untouchable and since Atlanta has struck out with free agents they are probably wanting to keep him.

I think Kevin Love is the best trade, now that they have LeBron.

They don't need a point guard because they have Kyrie Irving. Hopefully he and LBJ can coexist.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:27 PM
via trade, they would essentially be sending out their assets for Love.

In free agency, they need shooters and defenders around Love/Bron/Irving. Miller/Allen already in (Allen assumption), so maybe ask Shawn Marion, and Elton Brand what they are doing?Marion is likely to return to Dallas, who says he gets countless tweets from fans every day begging him to resign. Maybe they should try to pry Millsap away from Atlanta, too.

GeekInThePink
07-17-2014, 07:28 PM
I think the thing the current group needs is experience. Anthony Bennett looks a lot better in summer league (I realize it summer league) and they have a deadly starting five and a pretty decent bench if Waiters is willing to accept his role probably coming off the bench, which I don't think he will. The team has a really nice young core, and I think can be deadly a lot sooner then people think, Kyrie Irving and LeBron alone on any team would be a near playoff team at the very least and Cleveland has a lot of nice young pieces, it just depends on how they develop together and how quick the players get used to David Blatt's system.

If I was Cleveland I would be looking to trade Waiters for a big man who can defend and shoot.

Confusious
07-17-2014, 07:33 PM
I still think Love is the top priority/desire. Even if he's a fragile little kitten defensively.

Kyben36
07-17-2014, 07:46 PM
I think right now, kevin love is perfect, they are a better version of the big 3 IMO, Kyrie > Wade 2010, Love > Bosh 2010, I think they have some role players that will be around, i dont think everyone will be included, but i think the next goal, is targeting a C. obviously, they will be a similar situation as the heat were and that is a lack of size. that said, they have better rebounding with Love, but they could still use a big man, who is another question, but that should be their next goal IMO.

and for anyone who says V, I know, but i think he is too injury prone to know if he is playing or not, just saying.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Shawn Marion. No brainer. He is still a way average above defender for his age. I think he's got a good 2-3 yrs left in him.

In Cleveland, he'll be like what Sasha Pavlovic or Jamario Moon was for Cleveland in Bron's 1st stint, being defensive guys who can guard the 2/3, but better.

Cal827
07-17-2014, 07:51 PM
I think right now, kevin love is perfect, they are a better version of the big 3 IMO, Kyrie > Wade 2010, Love > Bosh 2010, I think they have some role players that will be around, i dont think everyone will be included, but i think the next goal, is targeting a C. obviously, they will be a similar situation as the heat were and that is a lack of size. that said, they have better rebounding with Love, but they could still use a big man, who is another question, but that should be their next goal IMO.

Lol Wade was a top 3-5 player back in 2010, averaging 27-5-7-2-1

I don't think Irving is near top 10 status (at least not yet). Lebron could do wonders to his game though....after all Mo Williams ended up making an All Star team lol

I still think the Bulls are the East favorites this year (although just slightly), even with the Love deal. Both Love and Irving are pretty terrible defensively lol

KnicksorBust
07-17-2014, 08:09 PM
This thread makes no sense. They should and are targetting Love which already has enough threads.

Bostonjorge
07-17-2014, 08:18 PM
It starts and ends with love for major moves. Love is top 5-10 and one else on that list is going to be traded. Maybe love won't be traded either.

For smaller moves cavs already made them. Miller and Allen(soon it seems like)fit James game and are top role players. For bigs I say u can cross out Bynum and oden so that leaves Haslem as best big left for the min.

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Love is probably the prototypical best player in the league you could pair with lbj. I can't think of another player who would fit better. They should trade kyrie for a guy like Bledsoe but that would never happen.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't know. They really don't have the money to go finding some key pieces at this point. Shawn Marion would've done wonders.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Ray Allen

Chronz
07-17-2014, 10:07 PM
I can buy an inferior player being more conducive to winning. I dont know why but I feel like Gasol has a bigger impact than Love, even if one rebounds like mad.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 10:54 PM
They need Love at all costs.

JasonJohnHorn
07-18-2014, 01:21 AM
I can buy an inferior player being more conducive to winning. I dont know why but I feel like Gasol has a bigger impact than Love, even if one rebounds like mad.

I am of the same mind. They have scorers, so they don't really NEED Love's scoring... Tristan is a decent rebounds, and James is a great rebounder for his position, so a C like Gasol that grabs 8 a game should be sufficient, but its Marc Gasol's passing and defense that make him such a great fit. Love has the passing, but not the defense, and Gasol is no slouch shooting the ball.

If this were a fantasy team, obviously I pick Love, but as a team looking to compete with SAS and OKC, I take Gasol and trust that LBJ, Wiggins and Irving, along with whatever shooters they pick up in FA, will score the ball enough.

But getting Marc Gasol would be hard. Anderson V gets injured a lot, and I don't think Memphis would be crazy about taking him, but if Bennet, Waiters and a first or two were thrown in... that might work.

Method28
07-18-2014, 01:29 AM
I'd be calling up GS and seeing what they'd want for David Lee. To me he is a poor mans Love. He should cost way less in terms of assets but brings range, passing ability and a lot of hustle.

Maybe a three team trade with Minny, GS and Cleveland could work out. This would give the Cavs assets to make another big move as well.

Jarvo
07-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Who do you think would lift the Cavs? And feel free to project any kind of deal you might think would to improve both teams.

Noah hates Lebron and Cleveland

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 08:01 PM
LeBron and Miller are really working on Allen.:clap: