PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Claim Carlos Boozer Off Waivers

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine ∑ 6m
ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Team definitely not trying to rebuild. Trying to become greatest treadmill team in NBA history. Per Marc Stein.

A fan of a team stuck in 1st-2nd round purgatory and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future should not be talking crap about big bro that STILL owns the city despite 'lob city'.

Here's the tweet: @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Lakers have won the Carlos Boozer waiver auction today

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:14 PM
A fan of a team stuck in 1st-2nd round purgatory and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future should not be talking crap about big bro that STILL owns the city despite 'lob city'.

Here's the tweet: @ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Lakers have won the Carlos Boozer waiver auction today

Lol.

abe_froman
07-17-2014, 05:14 PM
this confuses me with nabbing davis yesterday,but he would be a good mentor for randle to have

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:15 PM
this confuses me with nabbing davis yesterday,but he would be a good mentor for randle to have

Now you have Hill/Davis/Boozer all ahead of Randle. The great Jim Buss ladies and gentlemen.

Gibby23
Team definitely not trying to rebuild. Trying to become greatest treadmill 10 seed team in NBA history. How is this beneficial to the growth of Julius Randle to sign a bunch of bigs?

ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer
You donít even know what you are talking about most of the time. Trying now to rebuild because we have a bunch of 1 year contracts and picked up a 1st round pick that we didnít have for next year for taking on Linís 1 year deal. They drafted a player at 7 and didnít feel anyone outside of the big FAís is worth a long term investment. They will have between 20 to 30 million to try again next year, and about $30 million in 2016.

goingfor28
Makes zero sense.

Gibby23
07-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Now you have Hill/Davis/Boozer all ahead of Randle. The great Jim Buss ladies and gentlemen.

Why are they ahead of Randle? Hill or Davis and Boozer are backups. Hill or Davis will probably start at Center.

abe_froman

i think hill will be primarily at c and at least davis will be behind randle

LAKERMANIA

Hill will likely be our starting center, Davis can be the backup center, which means Randle is the backup 4.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Hill will likely be our starting center, Davis can be the backup center, which means Randle is the backup 4.

I know that. Still bigs that will likely get more minutes than him, slowing his development. Which is what I meant by being "behind".

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm not saying the Lakers suck.. I'm more saying the words vs actions don't align. Fans seem to think team is rebuilding/trying to suck... but the front office keeps trying to sign players that seem to be more of a win now mode vets.

ManRam
07-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Gotta put a roster out there, I guess. It's neither a good nor a bad move IMO. It's just a move.

LAKERMANIA
07-17-2014, 05:22 PM
I know that. Still bigs that will likely get more minutes than him, slowing his development. Which is what I meant by being "behind".

Minutes at the 4 will be shared by Boozer and Randle. Minutes at the 5 will be distributed by Hill and Davis. Randle can still get anywhere between 20-30 minutes a game especially with Boozer not as good as he used to be.

Further this provides more mentors for Randle, he needs to learn to develop his mid range jumper as a big man, and Boozer can definitely teach him that, as long as Randle is willing to put in the work.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:23 PM
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 3m
Lakers taking Carlos Boozer instead of giving time to a more developmental player reflects a desire to compete better now.

Pretty much all I'm saying. Don't get mad at me for pointing out the obvious.

InRoseWeTrust
Rotation may be something like:

4: Boozer (25), Randle (23)
5: Hill (33), Davis (15)

P&GRealist
Makes zero sense.

Doesn't hurt their cap space for next summer and still keeps the team somewhat competitive for a possible 8th seed in the Wild Wild West. Playoffs = more revenue for the Lakers.

The Lakers didn't even make the playoffs last yr, Kobe only played 6 games, and still had the most net profit in the league at over $100M. Imagine with Lin asian jersey sales plus playoffs with TWC how much profit they make next yr.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Doesn't hurt their cap space for next summer and still keeps the team somewhat competitive for a possible 8th seed in the Wild Wild West. Playoffs = more revenue for the Lakers.

The Lakers didn't even make the playoffs last yr, Kobe only played 6 games, and still had the most net profit in the league at over $100M. Imagine with Lin asian jersey sales plus playoffs with TWC how much profit they make next yr.

Possible 8th spot? :laugh: :laugh:. Lock at 10-11.

Vinylman
Team definitely not trying to rebuild. Trying to become greatest treadmill 10 seed team in NBA history. How is this beneficial to the growth of Julius Randle to sign a bunch of bigs?

yeah... because he won't be an excellent trade chip at the deadline on a ridiculously low deal

good call :rolleyes:

ManRam
Lakers taking Carlos Boozer instead of giving time to a more developmental player reflects a desire to compete better now.

Randle doesn't need 40 minutes a game. As long as he's playing, this is whatever. And he'll obviously be playing.

Gibby23
07-17-2014, 05:26 PM
yeah... because he won't be an excellent trade chip at the deadline on a ridiculously low deal

Canít trade him

Clippersfan86

Isn't there a rule prohibiting this in the first season or 6 months or something? I thought there was in the new CBA. From trading players claimed off amnesty.

Tony_Starks

Huh? You must not think very highly of Kobe. You give him young athletic bigs, a vet big, a scorer to take the pressure off, and the combined powers Nash/Lin?

I've seen him do better than a 10th seed with far less....

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Rotation may be something like:

4: Boozer (25), Randle (23)
5: Hill (33), Davis (15)

Boozer is there to mentor Randle. Booz ain't all star quality, but he's a good guy with good vet lockerroom presence.

Gibby23

Obvious for what?

NYKNYGNYY
Stupid

ManRam
07-17-2014, 05:28 PM

That's not true.

But it's gonna be a cheap cost for one year. It truly won't hurt.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Huh? You must not think very highly of Kobe. You give him young athletic bigs, a vet big, a scorer to take the pressure off, and the combined powers Nash/Lin?

I've seen him do more than a 10th seed with far less....

Kobe has done more with less than CP3 throughout their careers that's for sure.

Vinylman
07-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Canít trade him

the whole year or until January?

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:30 PM

A blown Achilles is THE worst basketball injury you can get besides something potentially fatal (broken back etc). It's twice as bad as a blown ACL for example. Even a young player with low mileage has a hell of a time coming back. Why would I believe a ridiculously high mileage, soon to be 36 year old could do it? I won't believe it until I see it.

Vinylman
07-17-2014, 05:30 PM
That's not true.

do they get his bird rights?

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:31 PM
That's not true.

It WILL hurt when it comes time to pick in the lottery next year. Boozer is a very solid player. Not a star but good for 5-10 wins for sure. It also could potentially hurt Randle's development if he's not getting enough burn. You can speculate all you want about Randle's minutes and so can I. There are no guarantees one way or another.

Gibby23
07-17-2014, 05:32 PM
the whole year or until January?

Whole year

jerellh528
He will split minutes with Randal at the 4. Better than having Kelly take those mins IMO. Hill and davis will be playing the 5. It actually should be a fairly productive stable of bigs.

Iron24th

Ahead? Lol obviously you don't know, Hill will be the starting C and Randle the starting PF, davis booz and co will be bench players, nothing more.

Clippersfan86
Jovan Buha ‏@jovanbuha 1m
In a vacuum, signing Boozer isn't terrible. But it takes away minutes from Randle + makes Lakers' losing their lottery pick more likely.

My thoughts. Jovan writes for ESPN.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:33 PM
He will split minutes with Randal at the 4. Better than having Kelly take those mins IMO. Hill and davis will be playing the 5. It actually should be a fairly productive stable of bigs.

Yup. Stable enough to lose the Lakers pick and lock in that 10 seed.

Raidaz4Life
07-17-2014, 05:33 PM

Yeah, the 4 and 5 or probably the two most stable positions. I can see us getting a lot of quality production there. I have absolutely no idea how the PG situation will turn out. We also still need a starting SF.

Gibby23
07-17-2014, 05:34 PM
It WILL hurt when it comes time to pick in the lottery next year. Boozer is a very solid player. Not a star but good for 5-10 wins for sure. It also could potentially hurt Randle's development if he's not getting enough burn. You can speculate all you want about Randle's minutes and so can I. There are no guarantees one way or another.

It probably helps Randle more than hurts him. We see a bunch of rookies falling out of the NBA from playing too much too soon. Boozer can teach him some things.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Raidaz4Life
07-17-2014, 05:35 PM

We were never getting a top 5 pick with a healthy Kobe. People who thought that were delusional. Where we place outside the top 5 is irrelevant.

Iron24th
07-17-2014, 05:36 PM

It's better than being locked at 1st-2nd round since 3 years and counting while not having a single trophy :rolleyes:

ManRam
07-17-2014, 05:36 PM

Debatable. I think he'll help just because of how barren the roster is, but the guy is not good. He's one of the most putrid defenders in the league. His offensive game is mostly empty these days. There's a reason he rates out so disgustingly bad in the RAPM/RPM realm.

He's a good defensive rebounder at this stage of his career and that's about it.

Hell, look at this hideous thing.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2430

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:37 PM
It probably helps Randle more than hurts him. We see a bunch of rookies falling out of the NBA from playing too much too soon. Boozer can teach him some things.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

We also see a bunch of rookies who are held back by aging vets and the minute they get a shot, they blow up. It goes both ways and if I was a Lakers fan, I'd be more concerned with it than not. I'd want Randle to get 30+ minutes a night as a starter. Throw him into the fire, see how he handles it. Based on how tough and physical he is, I think that would be the best way to learn and develop.

You can't tell someone "You have no idea what you're talking about" when everything you're saying is subjective. Where are the facts you presented to dispute my OPINION.

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 05:38 PM

K. We were never getting a top 5 pick with Kobe back anyways. As long as we stay competitive the value of that pick won't be much greater than the one we got back with Lin.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:39 PM
It's better than being locked at 1st-2nd round since 3 years and counting while not having a single trophy :rolleyes:

Well considering that two of the three years they lost to better, healthier teams I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is? Good thing Griffin just turned 25 and the core pieces are all younger than 30.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Debatable. I think he'll help just because of how barren the roster is, but the guy is not good. He's one of the most putrid defenders in the league. His offensive game is mostly empty these days. There's a reason he rates out so disgustingly bad in the RAPM/RPM realm.

He's a good defensive rebounder at this stage of his career and that's about it.

Hell, look at this hideous thing.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2430

Oh wow. I didn't realize he declined THAT bad. Only 3.5 win shares, thought it would be more like 6-7. If anything though that confuses me even more on this move. He won't help win, but will still POTENTIALLY be eating up Randle's minutes. I'm confused. As you said it doesn't HURT the team, but it sure doesn't help their agenda either. You called it a neutral move and I never disagreed with that.

Gibby23
07-17-2014, 05:41 PM
We also see a bunch of rookies who are held back by aging vets and the minute they get a shot, they blow up. It goes both ways and if I was a Lakers fan, I'd be more concerned with it than not. I'd want Randle to get 30+ minutes a night as a starter. Throw him into the fire, see how he handles it. Based on how tough and physical he is, I think that would be the best way to learn and develop.

You can't tell someone "You have no idea what you're talking about" when everything you're saying is subjective. Where are the facts you presented to dispute my OPINION.

Randle will still see 30 min a game, he will probably play some SF.

Your opinion means little, no need to show you facts because you canít present facts for stuff you make up in your own head. You have no idea of the Lakers draft picks and cap situation for next year.

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Well considering that two of the three years they lost to better, healthier teams I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is? Good thing Griffin just turned 25 and the core pieces are all younger than 30.

I think the point he was trying to make is that you should be concerned more with your ringless, LA B team instead of worrying about what the most prestigious franchise in the nba is doing and trying to bash their every move.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:42 PM

Your opinion means little, no need to show you facts because you canít present facts for stuff you make up in your own head. You have no idea of the Lakers draft picks and cap situation for next year.

Hahaha. Okay.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:44 PM
I think the point he was trying to make is that you should be concerned more with your ringless, LA B team instead of worrying about what the most prestigious franchise in the nba is doing and trying to bash their every move.

Just reporting the news. It's a confusing move to all non Lakers fans pretty much. My Twitter feed is flooded with Lakers writers/bloggers just as perplexed as I am. It seems only Lakers fans attribute every Lakers transaction or signing to being a part of some sort of master plan :laugh2: :laugh2:.

LAKERMANIA
07-17-2014, 05:45 PM
I disagree, I think Clipps were better than the Thunder last season. They just choked.

What's up with you? I don't remember you being this much of an annoyance.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Wow.

I thought he'd go to Houston. Good move by the Lakers.

As I said yesterday, I hope Boozer gets a new fire under his ***.

:clap:

Keep signing 'em, Mitch! I swear he was in hibernation last season.

Hawkamania
07-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Gotta put a roster out there, I guess. It's neither a good nor a bad move IMO. It's just a move.

That's how I feel as well. I am curious to know how much the Lakers bid was though.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2014, 05:47 PM
K. We were never getting a top 5 pick with Kobe back anyways. As long as we stay competitive the value of that pick won't be much greater than the one we got back with Lin.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend? If you thought Lakers playing w/ Kobe was still going to be 1 of the 5th worst teams in the league you're on crack. They weren't even 5th worst without him!

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:50 PM
I disagree, I think Clipps were better than the Thunder last season. They just choked.

Sorry, I'm being a bit defensive. A few of the Lakers fans posting in here have been at my throat for months (primarily PG), hard for me to not respond here and there. I have no personal beef with the Lakers and many of the Lakers posters here are great. Just a few in denial that seem to have trouble staying on the topic of the thread.

Shep
Giants
Kobe4thewing
LAKERMANIA

All guys I like here that are Lakers fans. Couple others I'm forgetting.

Vikes_Fan04
07-17-2014, 05:50 PM
I like the signing. Lakers have an undersized but nice rotation of bigs. Plus, I'm not sure I would want to play Randle 30+ minutes a game because the foot thing still kind of scares me.

shep33
07-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Don't understand this

Aust
07-17-2014, 05:52 PM
This was our Plan B. B for Boozer.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:53 PM
The treadmill 10 seed comment seemed harsh, I should have worded it differently so I apologize. The gist of it was sincere, but it should of been said more tactfully. I just feel like the Lakers seem to be having a bit of an identity crisis. Part of the front office wants to win now at all costs, part wants to rebuild. The end result is a roster good enough for a 9-11 seed probably. Which doesn't benefit anybody besides maybe Kobe who will detonate if the Lakers keep winning 27 games or less.

Method28
07-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Kobe has done more with less than CP3 throughout their careers that's for sure.

Lmao you Kobe nut huggers are hilarious

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend? If you thought Lakers playing w/ Kobe was still going to be 1 of the 5th worst teams in the league you're on crack. They weren't even 5th worst without him!Yeah, Kobe played admirably before he got hurt. Stupid D'antoni was running him ragged. I really hope Kobe has a strong, serious injury-free year. I hope he and Lin light it up and that Nash plays at least one game. Hopefully Kobe lights that fire Boozer needs.

North Yorker
07-17-2014, 05:55 PM

As someone who watched a lot of Davis, he can't play center. Can't handle them defensively.

LAKERMANIA
07-17-2014, 05:56 PM
As someone who watched a lot of Davis, he can't play center. Can't handle them defensively.

Not even as the center for the 2nd unit against other teams 2nd units?

Iron24th
07-17-2014, 05:56 PM

CP3 isn't getting younger or healthier, and SA and OKC are still better teams, you want some Lakers fans to accept the truth, why don't you try it first?

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 05:58 PM
As someone who watched a lot of Davis, he can't play center. Can't handle them defensively.Why would they start Boozer over Randle? Let Boozer earn playing time off the bench. He laid too many eggs in Chicago.

C - Hill/Sacre (lol) - they need another C
PF - Randle/Boozer/Kelly? (last I heard Jazz wanted him)
SF - ??????????
SG - Kobe/Young
PG - Lin/Marshall/Clarkson/Nash?

Nash is the x-factor. Either way, they still need to sign 3-4 more players. They have no starting SF, and if they put Kobe/Young there, they have no backups either.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Kobe played admirably before he got hurt. Stupid D'antoni was running him ragged. I really hope Kobe has a strong, serious injury-free year. I hope he and Lin light it up and that Nash plays at least one game.

Crazy thing is leading up to that injury, I just knew something was going to happen. Kobe's minutes were insane for a player of his age/mileage all season long.. but leading right up to the injury?

Minutes:

I mean that **** is bonkers. Even for Lebron or Durant that's insane. A few games Kobe only sat under a minute. I'm sure Kobe was the one demanding it... which is why he needs a strong, respected coach to tell him no. As they say a coach has to protect a player from himself.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Yeah, hiring D'Antoni was a terrible decision. The players weren't even listening to him by the time he resigned.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Wow.

I thought he'd go to Houston. Good move by the Lakers.

As I said yesterday, I hope Boozer gets a new fire under his ***.

:clap:

Keep signing 'em, Mitch! I swear he was in hibernation last season.
Morey gets screwed 3 times.

1. Yes he pryed away Dwight from the Lakers, but now he had to put up with Dwight's clownish childish whiny antics for 3 more yrs, a Dwight who is a former shell of himself.

2. Rockets trade away a trading chip like Lin along with future first and seconds, Bosh doesn't even sign with them. In the process lose Parsons who hasn't hit his ceiling yet for Ariza who has already hit his ceiling and plays the best during contract years.

3. Boozer after amnesty and claiming waivers was Houston bound. Lakers got him before that even happened.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Morey gets screwed 3 times.

1. Yes he pryed away Dwight from the Lakers, but now he had to put up with Dwight's clownish childish whiny antics for 3 more yrs, a Dwight who is a former shell of himself.

2. Rockets trade away a trading chip like Lin along with future first and seconds, Bosh doesn't even sign with them. In the process lose Parsons who hasn't hit his ceiling yet for Ariza who has already hit his ceiling and plays the best during contract years.

3. Boozer after amnesty and claiming waivers was Houston bound. Lakers got him before that even happened.Dwight showed some promise against the Blazers. He'll never be as good as his Orlando days, but it's a start.

Rockets definitely gifted us Lin. I have no idea why when I'm sure they could get better offers. It reminds me of the Pau Gasol acquisition.

Gotta love Mitch Kupchak, despite his quiet periods. He's a sniper. Watch him land Monroe next (assuming Lakers still got enough money for a max).

BoSox47
07-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Solid move by the Lakers.

North Yorker
07-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Not even as the center for the 2nd unit against other teams 2nd units?

He struggled mightily with big low post players. Just didn't have the strength. He's much better against quicker PFs.

Why would they start Boozer over Randle? Let Boozer earn playing time off the bench. He laid too many eggs in Chicago.

C - Hill/Sacre (lol) - they need another C
PF - Randle/Boozer/Kelly? (last I heard Jazz wanted him)
SF - ??????????
SG - Kobe/Young
PG - Lin/Marshall/Clarkson/Nash?

Nash is the x-factor. Either way, they still need to sign 3-4 more players. They have no starting SF, and if they put Kobe/Young there, they have no backups either.

Quote the wrong post?

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Shep is one Lakers fan who keeps it real. Like he told me in the other thread, no point in crying over spilled milk (in regards to Lakers not making big moves this summer). I'm all good with that and agree 100 percent. My issue is this:

* The Lakers fans that argue that every move the team makes is part of some sort of master plan and that everyone they sign/trade for is going to blow up and dominate.

It's okay to admit the front office isn't being too smart right now and that the team is kind of in a sort of suspended state for the next two years until Kobe comes off the books. Just be real about it.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Quote the wrong post?Maybe, dude. Sorry.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Shep is one Lakers fan who keeps it real. Like he told me in the other thread, no point in crying over spilled milk (in regards to Lakers not making big moves this summer). I'm all good with that and agree 100 percent. My issue is this:

* The Lakers fans that argue that every move the team makes is part of some sort of master plan and that everyone they sign/trade for is going to blow up and dominate.

It's okay to admit the front office isn't being too smart right now and that the team is kind of in a sort of suspended state for the next two years until Kobe comes off the books. Just be real about it.Yeah, it ain't no master plan. They just felt so embarrassed last year that they're trying to make the team somewhat competitive. I respect that. Jim Buss still needs to go, though, or give Mitch more power.

OlivaThor
07-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Now trade Lin + Nash for Deron

RLundi
07-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Lots of whiny, butthurt fans in here.

I don't think the signing is a bad one. It just doesn't make sense. Boozer is strictly average at this point, not a difference maker. How does he help? It looks like the Lakers are shooting for the playoffs but they will probably not get there, and it won't be close. Why not develop Randle more?

This upcoming season is going to be a very mediocre one. I hope Kobe comes back strong so he'll at least provide Lakers fans with a reason to watch.

Otherwise, it could get ugly real, real quick.

apocalypse15
07-17-2014, 06:17 PM
A lot of people doubting Kobe Bryant.. Until we see him play why doubt the man? In the NFL how many people thought Adrian Peterson would almost break the yards record after his horrible injury? Not a person on this earth. I doubt Kobe carries a team to a championship but I doubt he is all of the sudden garbage.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-17-2014, 06:19 PM

It's okay to admit the front office isn't being too smart right now and that the team is kind of in a sort of suspended state for the next two years until Kobe comes off the books. Just be real about it.

If you go into the Lakers forum you would see how we truly feel. Nobody is happy. Nobody thinks this team is doing anything. But its hard to come into the NBA forum with everyone making fun of you and the team that you cheer for without getting defensive. It's one of those things where you can call your brother an idiot all you want but if somebody else does it, you defend him and tell them why he's not. But many of the people who are defending the Lakers in the NBA forum will be in the Laker forum complaining. Myself included.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Now trade Lin + Nash for DeronYou're joking, right? Deron Williams played terrible in the playoffs and is totally a systems player. I'll take Lin over him any day.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:23 PM
A lot of people doubting Kobe Bryant.. Until we see him play why doubt the man? In the NFL how many people thought Adrian Peterson would almost break the yards record after his horrible injury? Not a person on this earth. I doubt Kobe carries a team to a championship but I doubt he is all of the sudden garbage.Kobe's got a warrior's spirit. He carried them to the playoffs before his debilitating injury. Now he has some more help compared to that season, so he should do it again, despite how good the west is. I say the Lakers either make it in as the 7th or 8th seed again or miss the playoffs by a hair.

OlivaThor
07-17-2014, 06:25 PM
You're joking, right? Deron Williams played terrible in the playoffs and is totally a systems player. I'll take Lin over him any day.

No Jazz reunion .. Of course Iīm joking

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:26 PM
No Jazz reunion .. Of course Iīm jokingOh, I get it. Good one. I wish Boozer would show some signs of life to his time in Utah. He better, or [coach] should keep him on the bench.

bleedprple&gold
07-17-2014, 06:26 PM

No were not man you don't know what the **** your taking about. In the Lakers forum there are more people that hate the direction were going and the moves we've made than people that like it. Get your facts straight before *****ing about Laker fans.

OlivaThor
07-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh, I get it. Good one. I wish Boozer would show some signs of life to his time in Utah. He better, or [coach] should keep him on the bench.

Il think that Boozer is still capable player. Not an all star caliber obviously, but good scorer and rebounder. I wish him well.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Il think that Boozer is still capable player. Not an all star caliber obviously, but good scorer and rebounder. I wish him well.I do, too. Now that he's a Laker. I wonder if he'll get booed heavily when the Lakers visit Utah next season. Those Utah fans are something else. I remember them throwing trash onto the court.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 06:37 PM
If you go into the Lakers forum you would see how we truly feel. Nobody is happy. Nobody thinks this team is doing anything. But its hard to come into the NBA forum with everyone making fun of you and the team that you cheer for without getting defensive. It's one of those things where you can call your brother an idiot all you want but if somebody else does it, you defend him and tell them why he's not. But many of the people who are defending the Lakers in the NBA forum will be in the Laker forum complaining. Myself included.

I respect this 100 percent. It's refreshing to see more honesty around here. I did apologize though for my harsh wording and even removed it from the original post. I was just confused by the move and wrote a post in heat of moment, without too much thought, which I am sorry for. Even if it's the Lakers who have had fans clown the Clippers since I've been a fan... I never want other fans to suffer. Trust me I know what it's like to be a bad team (considering that the Clippers have been in the lottery for 12 of the 15-16 years I've been a fan.

Not trying to kick Lakers while down, just trying to get to the bottom of what the true direction of the FO is. Once we all agree they are doing weird things in the front office, we can speculate solutions/direction of team.

b_russ
07-17-2014, 06:38 PM
For me, this is a match made in heaven.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2014, 06:40 PM
I must've missed the memo where Randle was expected to play 48 minutes a night? All Boozer will be giving is quality bench minutes guys, better him than R Kelly. It's not earth shattering but if you have Booze, Young, and Lin off the bench that is pretty decent.

Jenceman
07-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Damn. Lakers FO sucks bad. Boozer is done.

"Want to compete now" Homie you're better off 'competing' playing a trio of Randle, Davis and Hill at the 4 and 5. Give em each around 30 MPG.

WaDe03
07-17-2014, 06:44 PM

There's no way they make the playoffs next year.

J4KOP99
07-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Clippersfan makes a a stupid statement in the OP, gets yelled at, then deletes said statement, and then claims it is refreshing to see more "honesty" around here. Rarely do you see a man change in such a dramatic fashion over the course of a 6 page thread... truly magical stuff here, folks.

Why not stand by your statement? If you want to call out the Lakers and their fans, now is your chance. You deserve it.

J4KOP99
07-17-2014, 06:48 PM
As for Boozer, i don't really get it. Unless he can be moved at the deadline, I'm not too sure what is going on here.

He won't make a drastic difference but he may help you pick up a game or 2 over the course of the year which can come back to bite you in the end.

I will say that he should help out Randle a lot. That's a positive.

BigCityofDreams
07-17-2014, 06:52 PM

It happens when a team not known for success finally has some. I'm a Yankee fan I remember Met fans talking so much ish in 06 and half of 07.

fresh prince
07-17-2014, 06:53 PM

Thank you.... Looking at Randle he seems like more of a 3 offensively. Loves to create off the dribble. Right now he is also laterally quick enough to guard the most 3's as well. Depending on what additional moves are made I could see the front court starters being Randle Boozer and Hill. Why not experiment. Wes Johnson would then be a nice defensive alternative/ change of pace at the 3.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Clippersfan makes a a stupid statement in the OP, gets yelled at, then deletes said statement, and then claims it is refreshing to see more "honesty" around here. Rarely do you see a man change in such a dramatic fashion over the course of a 6 page thread... truly magical stuff here, folks.

Why not stand by your statement? If you want to call out the Lakers and their fans, now is your chance. You deserve it.

Do I seem like somebody that fears confrontation or controversy? It's more that when people seem to be getting genuinely hurt feelings or upset, I feel a bit guilty because it's not in line with what my intentions were. In other words, I have a conscience. I wasn't trying to bash the Lakers and if I was I'd have zero problem defending my position and going at it with you and anyone else.

As I've said a dozen times.. why would I want to "call out fans" when some of my favorite posters here happen to be Lakers fans? You should stay away from anything related to psychology and motive analysis for a while if you're getting so much information about my intent out of so few words.

BigCityofDreams
07-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Don't understand this

Just a name and body at this point. He doesn't cost much since he was let go. Boozer is done but the Lakers want to put at least some type of competitive team on the court. I know ppl will say just bottom out but in cities like LA and NY that doesn't sit well with says who watch on tv or pay to go to games.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 06:56 PM

if the Lakers don't start Randle the franchise is in trouble. he has to start and develop value immediately. If Boozer gets his minutes the Laker fan base will riot.

slaker619
07-17-2014, 06:57 PM
This is a horriable Move unless they trying to play:
Hill
Boozer
Randle
Kobe
Nash

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Jeremy Lin/Steve Nash/Kendall Marshall
Kobe Bryant/Jordan Clarkson
Nick Young
Julius Randle/Carlos Boozer
Jordan Hill/Ed Davis.

it looks like they're trying to get enough assets to make a move. but if the team was going to bid on Boozer, they should have gotten the Pau sign and trade done. if its a salary dump for Chicago and Pau gets more money, LAL could have gotten back a future pick or someone like Tony Snell. If they got another pick from Chicago they could have packaged it with the first from Houston and Julius Randle to go after something that could be game changing now. Boozer wouldn't even have big expiring value now since his old contract is off the books.

LAKERMANIA
07-17-2014, 07:00 PM
if the Lakers don't start Randle the franchise is in trouble. he has to start and develop value immediately. If Boozer gets his minutes the Laker fan base will riot.

I agree but even still, I think Randle still gets 20-30 minutes a game which would be pretty good for his rookie season. I don't mind starting Randle since it develops his talents and we have Boozer off the bench. I think it makes the team better.

J4KOP99
07-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Hill
Boozer
Randle
Kobe
Nash

Randle cannot play the 3.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Hill
Boozer
Randle
Kobe
Nash

Randle can't shoot well enough to be an NBA three, although he's excellent at handling to ball.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:03 PM
If Lakers decide to play Randle at the SF position, that switcheroo means they need another PF aside from Boozer.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I agree but even still, I think Randle still gets 20-30 minutes a game which would be pretty good for his rookie season. I don't mind starting Randle since it develops his talents and we have Boozer off the bench. I think it makes the team better.

I like Randle at 30 mpg. That gives Boozer 18 a night off the bench, a quarter and a half. Boozer will be 33 at the start of November, if Randle can bring it hell be just as good at 19 as Boozer is today. if their talents are equal you gotta give the young guy the minutes, at least develop him into an asset.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:04 PM
If Lakers decide to play Randle at the SF position, that switcheroo means they need another PF aside from Boozer.

Davis could step in at PF, if he's not playing center.

LAKERMANIA
07-17-2014, 07:05 PM
I like Randle at 30 mpg. That gives Boozer 18 a night off the bench, a quarter and a half. Boozer will be 33 at the start of November, if Randle can bring it hell be just as good at 19 as Boozer is today. if their talents are equal you gotta give the young guy the minutes, at least develop him into an asset.
Agreed. Hopefully our future coach does as well.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Agreed. Hopefully our future coach does as well.

yeah man.

we just got boozer are we going to try to and take the Deron Williams contract? Offer lins expiring with Nashs? include Davis for AK-47? bring in Jerry Sloan? put old Kobe and Julius Randle with the 2010 Jazz? you heard it here first :facepalm:

i don't mind boozer in a bench role. only exception would be if he's night and day better than Randle which would be a surprise/disappointment.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Davis could step in at PF, if he's not playing center.Ah, I forgot about him. Memory lapse. Others say Randle can't shoot well enough to be a SF just yet. So maybe he'll develop a jumper and then transition to the SF next-next season. We'll see. The team is definitely improving though.

fresh prince
07-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Huh???He's closer to a 3 right now to me especially offensively. There aren't many 3's that would. Abuse him out on the wing either.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Ah, I forgot about him. Memory lapse. Others say Randle can't shoot well enough to be a SF just yet. So maybe he'll develop a jumper and then transition to the SF next-next season. We'll see. The team is definitely improving though.

a lot of draft guys almost put him in the tweener category. Randle has the exact same physical stats as Kevin Love. if Randle became a lights out shooter from three he could play minutes at the SF because of his quickness and handle. but his range doesn't go that far, he'll have to secure the 17 footer first. might not be in the bag for him but if it develops he becomes a special talent.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm actually shocked HOU didn't get him. As soon as he got amnestied I thought ok there's the Rockets consolation prize. I think they were preoccupied with their Euro player that ended up telling them no dice.....

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pjfggjs

The Lakers would do this. i think.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:23 PM
does boozer still carry his old contracts price tag according to the books in terms trading? espn trade machine has his salary at 16 million on the Lakers books, that can't be right?

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pjfggjs

The Lakers would do this. i think.Lin >>>>>>>>>>>> Williams

If they do that trade, give us KG too.

kobe4thewinbang
07-17-2014, 07:29 PM
does boozer still carry his old contracts price tag according to the books in terms trading? espn trade machine has his salary at 16 million on the Lakers books, that can't be right?I doubt the trade machine is up to date. Probably won't be until the season starts.

Ariza's Better
07-17-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm actually shocked HOU didn't get him. As soon as he got amnestied I thought ok there's the Rockets consolation prize. I think they were preoccupied with their Euro player that ended up telling them no dice.....
Rockets only interest in boozer would of been if he cleared waivers. Didn't even bother putting in a bid.

amak316
07-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Maybe, just maybe, the Lakers FO knows more about Kobe's rehabilitation than we do and thus decided it's fine to make some "win now", moves now in case something crazy happens and they make a run? If Kobe looks good no shot they are keeping their pick anyhow.

ankit
07-17-2014, 07:52 PM
All i wanna know is how much? Anything under 5 million is a steal. Chicago didn't want him because of his salary implications. He can have a rebound year and average 16 and 8 a game.

Bruno
07-17-2014, 07:55 PM
All i wanna know is how much? Anything under 5 million is a steal. Chicago didn't want him because of his salary implications. He can have a rebound year and average 16 and 8 a game.

3.25 million.

3ballbomber
07-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Gasol used to own Boozer when ever they met in the playoffs. Now Gasol is gone & they get Boozer lol. Kobe must be puking in his mouth.

fresh prince
07-17-2014, 08:00 PM

Randle seems like more of a 3 to me especially offensively...

Pau gasol is really good at basketball but I'm not sure he has ever "owned" anyone. Just not in his game or nature.

Gasol used to own Boozer when ever they met in the playoffs. Now Gasol is gone & they get Boozer lol. Kobe must be puking in his mouth.

ankit
07-17-2014, 08:13 PM
3.25 million.

Thats an absolute steal. This has to be the Lakers best move so far this year. Furthermore they will have a motivated Boozer who will look to play well to get another big contract and to prove the Bulls were wrong to amnesty him.

ThunderousDemon
07-17-2014, 08:24 PM
This puts us over the top

amak316
07-17-2014, 09:31 PM
A starting 5 of Lin, Kobe, Randle, Boozer, and Hill might set a record for least 3 pointers in a season. I don't think Randle can play the 3 with this group.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 09:31 PM
What a steal! Lakers finally did something!

Zefflin
07-17-2014, 09:51 PM

Jerry Sloan gonna sign as our coach, do it mitch

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 10:02 PM
What a steal! Lakers finally did something!
Jim Buss is the dude in your sig after claiming Carlos Boozer.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Jerry Sloan gonna sign as our coach, do it mitch

Jerry Sloan is Done.

beasted86
07-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Don't be surprised if you see the starting lineup as Nash-Lin-Kobe-Boozer-Hill.

Chronz
07-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Good get, if he can rebound from last years disaster at all. If not, he helps them suck

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 10:28 PM
So are they going to trade Randle now for a point guard who can stand upright?

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Getting Boozer and Davis for cheap isn't the worst thing in the world. How they bring along Randle who they selected 7th in the draft is a bit of a head scratcher. Not sure you want Boozer as his mentor.

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Looks like Kobe is gonna be opening up alot of cans of whoop *** next season.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 10:37 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 11:00 PM

You had me rolling dude......well done.

AJohnston1487
07-17-2014, 11:53 PM
I dont get what the big deal is that we picked him up. His contract is 1 year for $3.25 Million. Still have our cap space for next year. If we learned anything from last year is that you can never have enough depth. How many players were hurt? How many lineups did we use? We werent winning the title this year, and if Kobe is healthy we werent finishing with a top 5 pick. Kobe may not be what he used to be but I will never bet against him and even if he doesnt average 27 a game Im sure you can still count on him for 22-25. So if we can get a 9-11th seed with these players and Kobe can show he still has something left, it might help free agents want to come play here again.Everyone is so mad about Boozer taking Randles minutes. What has Randle done to prove he can handle 30+ minutes a game. I am all for this move

Tony_Starks
07-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Lakers are going to surprise a lot of people that are counting them out already. They won 20 something games last year with like 8 players. Literally. AND the worst D in the league.

This team isn't great don't get it twisted but compared to last year it's a allstar team! Not to mention Antoni's gone....

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-18-2014, 12:59 AM

Pau is better than Boozer. The only thing is that Pau cost the Lakers $19 million and Boozer is going to cost $3

Teeboy1487
07-18-2014, 01:16 AM
I threw up. So gross. Horrid signing.

DoMeFavors
07-18-2014, 01:37 AM
Kobe is going to be a ball hog next season like 05, and just go for 30+ every night

Tony_Starks
07-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Kobe is going to be a ball hog next season like 05, and just go for 30+ every night

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Randle, Boozer, Lin and Young instead of Kwame, Cook, Walton and Smush......

DoMeFavors
07-18-2014, 01:51 AM
I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Randle, Boozer, Lin and Young instead of Kwame, Cook, Walton and Smush......

And id take Caron Butler and Lamar Odom over any of them

SILVER SEAVER
07-18-2014, 02:14 AM

You're right, it will be like '05 where he averaged over 35 points per. This season is basically to show free agents next summer that he is close to the Kobe of old and to come to LA to win a championship in '15-'16. He has Nash to feed him the ball and there is no way Swaggy-P goes bat **** throwing up all those shots. He'll be lucky to get ten a game.

SILVER SEAVER
07-18-2014, 02:16 AM
So the Lakers bid was 3.50 million? Who was second in the running and for how much?

SILVER SEAVER
07-18-2014, 02:19 AM
The team isn't horrible but it just doesn't seem like a team that Dr. Buss would have, especially with Phil at the helm. This just seems like a sloppy seconds assembly of talent. Just taking what's available. There was nobody knocking down the door to go to L.A. Melo just went there to visit and get the royal free agency experience, he wasn't going there in this lifetime or any other with Kobe coming back from his injury and hell bent on proving he's not finished.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-18-2014, 02:29 AM
The team isn't horrible but it just doesn't seem like a team that Dr. Buss would have, especially with Phil at the helm. This just seems like a sloppy seconds assembly of talent. Just taking what's available. There was nobody knocking down the door to go to L.A. Melo just went there to visit and get the royal free agency experience, he wasn't going there in this lifetime or any other with Kobe coming back from his injury and hell bent on proving he's not finished.

I think it was Nash. Nobody wants to play with Nash.......

shep33
07-18-2014, 02:31 AM

That would be funner to watch then last year's **** team. Plus we'd probably win more games lol

marj987
07-18-2014, 02:31 AM
Sorry Laker fans just being upfront here don't know.more of a polite way to put this but if y'all dont make a couple trades y'all are gonna ****ing blow this year.

DoMeFavors
07-18-2014, 02:43 AM
That would be funner to watch then last year's **** team. Plus we'd probably win more games lol

oh yeah its always entertaining especially when he gets hot and just goes off.

CityofTreez
07-18-2014, 02:46 AM
Lakers are going to surprise a lot of people that are counting them out already. They won 20 something games last year with like 8 players. Literally. AND the worst D in the league.

This team isn't great don't get it twisted but compared to last year it's a allstar team! Not to mention Antoni's gone....

Yeah, but that's the question, whose their coach?

Nobody!

shep33
07-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Byron Scott will likely be our coach. Don't get what's taking so long, but for the past month he's been the front runner

DoMeFavors
07-18-2014, 02:56 AM
Byron Scott will likely be our coach. Don't get what's taking so long, but for the past month he's been the front runner

he runs the princeton offense, thats what Mike Brown attempted to run in 2012 untill he was booted and that was scraped.

Iron24th
07-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Sorry Laker fans just being upfront here don't know.more of a polite way to put this but if y'all dont make a couple trades y'all are gonna ****ing blow this year.

speak english?

Avenged
07-18-2014, 03:49 AM

:O :O :O you don't say

PurpleLynch
07-18-2014, 04:13 AM
he runs the princeton offense, thats what Mike Brown attempted to run in 2012 untill he was booted and that was scraped.

Mike Brown talked about using the Princeton offense,but he really never changed his crap coaching style.Or at least I've never seen Princeton's strategy implemented under Brown's coaching.

PurpleLynch
07-18-2014, 04:16 AM
And id take Caron Butler and Lamar Odom over any of them

Man,seriously,Odom and Butler? They very good players,but not anymore.

kblo247
07-18-2014, 04:26 AM
Kobe just didn't start. Worthy just didn't start. They learned from those in front of them and took their roles by beating them out. Hell even Bynum had to outplay Kwame to start

By all woman's Randle can learn from boozer, and boozer isn't a vet who will hold him back and be negative, look at Taj and Milsap as proof. There's only so much Kobe can teach Randle, he can teach him to compete, see things on the court, and workout out stuff, but he can't teach him how to actually be a nba PF with that frame. Boozer can, and boozer has done just that for two guys now in the league who are double doubles in taj and sap. Why is this a bad move?

Hell LA improved their team from last year on the interior and perimeter, dint get a star, they struck out there, but having Kobe/Lin/Young on the perimeter and. Boozer/Davis/Randle/Hill as an interior quarter with a coach who isn't allergic to big men is a step in the right direction. They were never getting a bottom 5 pick, Paus not leading the team this year, Kobe is too tough and stubborn to bottom out like Pau watched the team do; they will however have the Rockets pick, compete for the 7th seed, and use their room exception most likely to sign a wing as well like a Marion to start at SF

kblo247
07-18-2014, 04:28 AM

Mike was also the genius playing Jamison at SF, Ebanks at SG, and so on while trying to run it.

Sssmush
07-18-2014, 05:06 AM
Now Chicago is paying Boozer AND Pau AND is in luxury tax territory.

They could've offered us some usable assets for the sign and trade and we would taken him and saved them a lot of money.

LoL, first Pau kind of spits on the Lakers on the way out the door and doesn't help them facilitate a sign and trade--instead he agrees to give up $7M in salary so that Chicago doesn't have to give anything to the Lakers.

Fine, whatever, LA gets the better player in Boozer. Really. Just watch. And if LA is paying $2M for Boozer, that means Chicago is paying $15M on Boozer's amnestied deal plus $7M a year for Pau.

So, Chicago is paying $22M in real dollars for Pau, who hasn't been worth that since 2010, and the Lakers get the better player (Boozer) for $2M a year.

Does anybody want to talk any more smack about who has the better GM or owner?

Sssmush
07-18-2014, 05:10 AM
There's only so much Kobe can teach Randle, he can teach him to compete, see things on the court, and workout out stuff, but he can't teach him how to actually be a nba PF with that frame. Boozer can, and boozer has done just that for two guys now in the league who are double doubles in taj and sap. Why is this a bad move?

Hell LA improved their team from last year on the interior and perimeter, dint get a star, they struck out there, but having Kobe/Lin/Young on the perimeter and. Boozer/Davis/Randle/Hill as an interior quarter with a coach who isn't allergic to big men is a step in the right direction. They were never getting a bottom 5 pick, Paus not leading the team this year, Kobe is too tough and stubborn to bottom out like Pau watched the team do; they will however have the Rockets pick, compete for the 7th seed, and use their room exception most likely to sign a wing as well like a Marion to start at SF

Yes ^

Ariza's Better
07-18-2014, 06:02 AM

They could've offered us some usable assets for the sign and trade and we would taken him and saved them a lot of money.

LoL, first Pau kind of spits on the Lakers on the way out the door and doesn't help them facilitate a sign and trade--instead he agrees to give up $7M in salary so that Chicago doesn't have to give anything to the Lakers.

Fine, whatever, LA gets the better player in Boozer. Really. Just watch. And if LA is paying $2M for Boozer, that means Chicago is paying $15M on Boozer's amnestied deal plus $7M a year for Pau.

So, Chicago is paying $22M in real dollars for Pau, who hasn't been worth that since 2010, and the Lakers get the better player (Boozer) for $2M a year.

In no way did pau 'spit' on the lakers. Also pau is better than boozer. Boozer played some of the laziest basketball last year.

kblo247
07-18-2014, 06:55 AM

Ive read on rgm LA wanted Dunleavy in a sign and trade w boozer and the second round picks, not Randolph. Chicago said no

kblo247
07-18-2014, 06:57 AM
In no way did pau 'spit' on the lakers. Also pau is better than boozer. Boozer played some of the laziest basketball last year.

Pau the C is better than Boozer the PF. Pau the PF is **** and has not worked dating back to 11 when Bynum was healthy for the first time heading into the playoffs. He can't defend the 4 spot or shoot a 15 footer worth ****,

thenaj17
07-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Crazy thing is leading up to that injury, I just knew something was going to happen. Kobe's minutes were insane for a player of his age/mileage all season long.. but leading right up to the injury?

Minutes:

I mean that **** is bonkers. Even for Lebron or Durant that's insane. A few games Kobe only sat under a minute. I'm sure Kobe was the one demanding it... which is why he needs a strong, respected coach to tell him no. As they say a coach has to protect a player from himself.

Yeh i remember watching the games thinking it was insanity. Problem was Dwight couldn't do anything with Kobe sat on the bench. Nash, Pau and Dwight should have been good enough but just weren't.

Defensively Kobe was bad though taking too many gambles instead of staying in front of his man and D'Antoni was such a weak coach to tell Kobe he was in the wrong. That's why Kobe & Dwight argued several times from breakdowns

D1JM
07-18-2014, 08:14 AM

The Bulls are not even near the lux tax.

todu82
07-18-2014, 08:41 AM
A very good signing here for the Lakers. Boozer's a good veteran add for them.

nickdymez
07-18-2014, 10:07 AM
There's nothing worse than a cocky Clippers fan.

ManRam
07-18-2014, 10:47 AM

Why do we think the defense is going to be better?

L8kers4life
07-18-2014, 11:47 AM

ManRam, this is a good question. And the simple answer is Mike Antoni is no longer the coach, that is why the D will be better. It was like Antoni was alergic to anything that invloved defensefense. On the surface you are correct, how can this D improve. But the easiest way will be getting better shots on offense will help our transition D. With Antoni, every player would shoot whenever they want, bad shots all the time, the D was never able to get get back in transition. Just like the triangle, when you take good shots it will allow for the defense to get back.

Chronz
07-18-2014, 12:38 PM
ManRam, this is a good question. And the simple answer is Mike Antoni is no longer the coach, that is why the D will be better. It was like Antoni was alergic to anything that invloved defensefense. On the surface you are correct, how can this D improve. But the easiest way will be getting better shots on offense will help our transition D. With Antoni, every player would shoot whenever they want, bad shots all the time, the D was never able to get get back in transition. Just like the triangle, when you take good shots it will allow for the defense to get back.

I do think the D will be better by virtue of Pau being gone and replaced by more athletic bigs who can man the 4 and 5. Then again, if they plan on starting Boozer, then hes an even greater liability than Pau ever was.

And with D'Antoni gone, wouldn't we expect the offense to decline, or was he just an all-around awful coach who misused his team on both ends? I wouldn't doubt it if he were but I dont think coaches make as big of a difference as people seem to think, but they do tend to make their impact felt on the defensive end more than anything.

ps. if the triangle did have a weakness (at least back in the 90's) its that it didn't provide great transition balance, it was one of the reasons Doug Collins and Phil clashed with the Bulls, but like you said, if you take the right shots in any structured offense, the payoff is less transition opportunities to begin with.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-18-2014, 12:58 PM

??? The Bulls are under the cap after the amnesty. How in the world does that put them anywhere near luxury tax territory?

You should maybe know the details of things before posting acting like you do. Bulls are paying 7 for Pau no matter how you want to spin it. We're paying 13 mil to drop Boozer so we could get under the cap to sign Pau, Mirotic, etc. A move just about every team has done since the CBA was signed.

And dear god, did you just say the Lakers have a better GM?

Just a post with no basis that screams salty all over it because Bulls now have Pau, and the Lakers have Boozer. Have fun next year.

Tony_Starks
07-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but that's the question, whose their coach?

Nobody!

Byron Scott

Tony_Starks
07-18-2014, 03:27 PM

Was this a serious question or are you being sarcastic? You are aware who their coach was?

Zefflin
07-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Byron Scott

Most likely him, either him or George Karl. But most likely Scott.

Hellcrooner
07-18-2014, 08:30 PM

:rolleyes:
Jesķs is wheeping somewhere.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:13 PM
They have something the resembles a front court now.

ldawg
07-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Boozer should help out Randle a lot. However I think Boozer is Mad he was claim by the Lakers. I think he would have rather ending up in Houston.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Hopefully Boozer doesn't eat too much into Randle's PT.

kblo247
07-18-2014, 11:48 PM

Lamar owned Boozer. Pau owned Okur. Luke took Milsap specifically.

Chronz
07-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Lamar owned Boozer. Pau owned Okur. Luke took Milsap specifically.
They both owned Boozer. I recall Pau owning the paint and Odom abusing the driving lanes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxL_v5wXnDg

Theres a particularly funny stretch here where BOTH Odom and Pau stuff his attempts. That was the beauty of your team back then, it had length and mobility.

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Lol at ppl saying Lakers will compete for 7-8. If they make the playoffs I'd drink outta my toilet.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah, the West is way too deep.

LakersEaglesLA
07-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Lol at ppl saying Lakers will compete for 7-8. If they make the playoffs I'd drink outta my toilet.

How can we arrange this bet, Lakers will make playoffs! Can you upload link of yourself drinking out of toilet in late April

Cal827
07-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm sure Phoenix is very happy with this news :laugh:

Tony_Starks
07-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm sure Phoenix is very happy with this news :laugh:

Right because without Boozer, Kobe would've had the Lakers as like the 3rd worst team in the league for the first time ever in his career. Now with power of Booze they'll just be like the 7th worst and Phoenix get a good pick right? Lol

Cal827
07-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Right because without Boozer, Kobe would've had the Lakers as like the 3rd worst team in the league for the first time ever in his career. Now with power of Booze they'll just be like the 7th worst and Phoenix get a good pick right? Lol

Well, if I'm not mistaken, the Pick to the Suns is top 5 protected. So if you guys end up with the 3 pick, you would most likely keep it. If the Lakers end up 7th worst, then the Suns would get the pick (assuming you guys don't move up in the lottery).

I just don't fully get the move for the Lakers. I would think that Randle/Davis would get most of the playing time at the 4, with Davis potentially being moved once they feel like giving the reigns to Randle. I guess Booz would platoon the 5 with Hill?

Tony_Starks
07-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Well, if I'm not mistaken, the Pick to the Suns is top 5 protected. So if you guys end up with the 3 pick, you would most likely keep it. If the Lakers end up 7th worst, then the Suns would get the pick (assuming you guys don't move up in the lottery).

I just don't fully get the move for the Lakers. I would think that Randle/Davis would get most of the playing time at the 4, with Davis potentially being moved once they feel like giving the reigns to Randle. I guess Booz would platoon the 5 with Hill?

My point basically was Phoenix is going to get the pick regardless, there's no way the Lakers were going to be top 5 bad with or without Booze. It's not like they were going to tank.

As far as Randle goes, rookie bigs generally get in foul trouble fairly easily so Boozer will come in handy. They can also go small ball at times. Think about it, how many legit centers are there in the league that demand respect? Bosh has got away with playing center for like the past 2 years. David Lee does at times as well.

At any rate Lakers front court is stocked up and that's a good problem to have....

clehmun
07-20-2014, 11:53 PM
My point basically was Phoenix is going to get the pick regardless, there's no way the Lakers were going to be top 5 bad with or without Booze. It's not like they were going to tank.

As far as Randle goes, rookie bigs generally get in foul trouble fairly easily so Boozer will come in handy. They can also go small ball at times. Think about it, how many legit centers are there in the league that demand respect? Bosh has got away with playing center for like the past 2 years. David Lee does at times as well.

At any rate Lakers front court is stocked up and that's a good problem to have....

Exactly, people don't realize with Kobe healthy, it's impossible for the Lakers to finish with less than 25 wins. And that is what you need to get a Top 5 pick. Adding Boozer would help the Lakers stay away from the 6-10th range.
Now if you want to argue, what if Kobe doesn't stay healthy? Well, without Kobe, there is no way the Lakers finish with better than 25 wins anyway even adding a Boozer - if Kobe misses any significant time, Lakers will get a Top 5 pick and its not like Boozer can do much to stop the Lakers from hitting lottery.