PDA

View Full Version : 2014 ESPY's Stuart Scott Tribute

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 03:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-50C_2Q5VO8#t=175

Such a class act. He's an inspiration. Whenever I think of Sportscenter, I think of this guy.

shep33
07-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Loved it. Love Stu Scott

FriedTofuz
07-17-2014, 03:59 AM
wrong thread. my bad.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-17-2014, 05:08 AM
I was at the Espys tonight, and I kid you not I didnt see one dry eye in the building when he was giving that speech. Gave me chills, love Stuart and I hope he keeps fighting and beats this thing

Crackadalic
07-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Man that hit me harder then I thought. Keep fighting Stu

DarkKnight
07-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Great story , great tribute and well deserved . As a cancer survivor myself , and doing chemotherapy for two years . It just reminded me how tough a battle it was. If anyone is fighting this horrible disease, just be positive , makes a big difference I believe . Stuart really showed some unbelievable strength. I think I'm going to reach out to him. Very inspired

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Great tribute. You gotta love Stu gangsta, my favo ESPN analyst next to Broussard

goingfor28
07-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Love Stuart Scott. Hands down the best SC anchor. Had no idea he had multiple surgeries just this past week. Keep fighting!

Hawkamania
07-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Stu is Sports Center. What an inspiration.

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 12:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_0ieqSi7Q

Here's his speech to go with the video if anybody is curious.

RaiderLakersA's
07-17-2014, 01:11 PM
I was watching the show with the wife. We had a pretty heated tiff just before the show came on and were constantly going back and forth for much of the evening. Then Stu's tribute aired and by the time his daughter took the stage, neither one of us could remember why we were arguing.

My wife started crying just after they showed Stu receiving treatment in the hospital. I lost it when Stu told his daughters (both the one in the audience and the one away at college) that everything that he did -- hell, just to be standing there on the stage -- was for them.

Love. Support. Sacrifice. And never give up. Thanks to Stu for reminding us what really matters.

wizardsfan3
07-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Great story , great tribute and well deserved . As a cancer survivor myself , and doing chemotherapy for two years . It just reminded me how tough a battle it was. If anyone is fighting this horrible disease, just be positive , makes a big difference I believe . Stuart really showed some unbelievable strength. I think I'm going to reach out to him. Very inspired

congrats on beating it man

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Yea... grats DarkKnight on your fight against cancer that you won. :cheers:

FYL_McVeezy
07-17-2014, 02:51 PM

:cheers:

Cheers to you for beating cancer. Lost my mom to cancer 12 years ago so Stu's speech def hit home for me as well. Very inspirational!

IBleedPurple
07-17-2014, 07:36 PM

Great advice, and very happy for you and your battle with cancer.

As for Stu, he's still (and will always be) cooler than the other side of the pillow!

chi-townlove1
07-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Great tribute. You gotta love Stu gangsta, my favo ESPN analyst next to Broussard

Sources...

I can't believe you said that. Gag yourself.

Kashmir13579
07-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Never was a fun but I respect his struggle.

IversonIsKrazy
07-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Awesome moment!

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Awesome moment, I shed tears over that.

TO Rapz
07-17-2014, 09:45 PM
I balled for the video + speech. Solid 5-6 mins of crying.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 10:56 PM
If you didn't cry over that you are not human.

RLundi
07-18-2014, 12:20 AM
If you didn't cry over that you are not human.

I didn't cry. I am a cyborg.

Anyway, the speech mas incredibly moving. I appreciated him letting everyone in like that.

I'm glad he didn't cry because then I may have lost it.

DarkKnight
07-22-2014, 08:39 PM
congrats on beating it man

Yea... grats DarkKnight on your fight against cancer that you won. :cheers:

:cheers:

Cheers to you for beating cancer. Lost my mom to cancer 12 years ago so Stu's speech def hit home for me as well. Very inspirational!
I'm sorry for your loss

Great advice, and very happy for you and your battle with cancer.

As for Stu, he's still (and will always be) cooler than the other side of the pillow!

Thanks guys, it's as bad as Stuart Scott says. I agree with one poster said, if you didn't feel any emotion or cry you're not human.