PDA

View Full Version : Wade has a slim shot at surpassing Kobe

ldawg
07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
It seem Like Kobe wont catch MJ 6. He wont be moving off of number 5 and with his window being just about closed shut. Another question pop up. Can wade surpass Kobe? Wade has put together some of the best performances in the playoffs from any sg. While some may say Wade had Lebron for 2 others say Kobe had Shaq for 3. Now that Wade don't have to take a back seat do you thing we see vintage Wade again? If Miami can round its roaster its very possible. It would take a little luck however

SILVER SEAVER
07-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Wade has nothing on Kobe. He can win six championships teaming with numerous superstar players and it still doesn't make him better than Kobe

shep33
07-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Wade is an all-time great, 1st ballot HOFamer easily. Top 3-4 shooting guard ever.

But I just don't see any way of him passing Kobe.

hugepatsfan
07-16-2014, 11:01 PM
I think peak Wade was better but that peak was short-lived (relative to Kobe). He showed little last year that would lead any reasonable person to believe that he can surpass him career wise.

Ty Fast
07-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Wade is an all-time great, 1st ballot HOFamer easily. Top 3-4 shooting guard ever.

I second that. when kobe is done I think he will go down as top 5 and the greatest laker and I hate kobe lol

SILVER SEAVER
07-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Bill Russell has eleven and he couldn't hold a candle to Michael Jordan. Robert Horry has seven, Steve Kerr has five, it doesn't matter how many rings a particular player has it's how you led your team those rings is what counts. If Wade gets another it will be because he had to piggy back on someone else. People act like LeBron went to Miami to have Wade help him win a ring but I believe it was the other way around. Wade was drowning in mediocrity in Miami while LeBron still had those Cavs teams as perennial contenders in the East. In the end Wade needed LeBron more than LeBron needed Wade.

ldawg
07-16-2014, 11:12 PM
I think peak Wade was better but that peak was short-lived (relative to Kobe). He showed little last year that would lead any reasonable person to believe that he can surpass him career wise.true I think Kobe did a better job of tweaking his game. Now we are looking at both players as is. This is the Time Wade can tweak his game as did Kobe. And if he wins doing that playing a major role it changes your outlook on him.

ryang
07-16-2014, 11:12 PM
While I agree to an extent if you watched wade every year besides last, I'd say Lebron most definetly needed wade. Did wade need Lebron? Absolutely but when the games got tough wade led the way.

ryang
07-16-2014, 11:13 PM
And no I can't see wade passing Kobe. Would be great if he somehow did though.

ldawg
07-16-2014, 11:14 PM
If Wade win two more rings I think it becomes interesting especially without Lebron.

RaiderLakersA's
07-16-2014, 11:23 PM
If Wade win two more rings I think it becomes interesting especially without Lebron.

I suppose anything is possible as long as Wade is playing...but he'd have to dominate over the next two years, not just win rings in Horry mode to catch Kobe. I'm not his doctor, but if Wade looks anything like he did last year...yes, even during his good runs... I think Kobe's status above him is safe as the #2 SG of all time.

Edit: And speaking of miracles, if Kobe comes back next year as healthy as ever and gets the Lakers anywhere near the playoffs in the West, it will only hurt Wade's case even more. Everyone knows at this point that the Lakers have zero chance at making waves in 2014-2015 season.

TheNumber37
07-16-2014, 11:26 PM
What is the heat with a Semi Helathy Wade in the PLayoffs. The same thing last year, Minus Lebron

raiderposting
Wade has a shot at passing kobe and I have a shot at being named sexiest man alive.

Dade County

Damn, i was going to create somewhat of a thread like this. If Wade can make it to the Final's this upcoming season after everyone counted him out, that would forever place Wade in the conversation of, what if Wade stayed healthy most of his career he would be blank on the top 20 list; blah, blah, blah.

He would be a what if player, and this would strike up lots of debates... I think thats all he can ask for at this point of his career :)

If Pat get build another championship team in the next 3yrs, & Wade can get some more rings; then their will be no stopping the cocky HEAT fan! :laugh2:

Ebbs
07-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Wade has nothing on Kobe. He can win six championships teaming with numerous superstar players and it still doesn't make him better than Kobe

But if Kobe wins 7 he's better than Jordan right?

Thanks for proving LeBron doesn't need 5 to surpass Kobe

Dade County
07-16-2014, 11:28 PM
I suppose anything is possible as long as Wade is playing...but he'd have to dominate over the next two years, not just win rings in Horry mode to catch Kobe. I'm not his doctor, but if Wade looks anything like he did last year...yes, even during his good runs... I think Kobe's status above him is safe as the #2 SG of all time.

Edit: And speaking of miracles, if Kobe comes back next year as healthy as ever and gets the Lakers anywhere near the playoffs in the West, it will only hurt Wade's case even more. Everyone knows at this point that the Lakers have zero chance at making waves in 2014-2015 season.

I have stated before, Kobe & Wade will have very good seasons next year; it will be as if they were never injured (take that how you want to).

Bruno
07-16-2014, 11:29 PM
99% chance of no.

bleedprple&gold
07-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Wade won't get close to sniffing another ring without Lebron so no.

Bostonjorge
07-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Wade only had 1 dominate year 2 at best. His best year is when he won with shaq. After shaq, wade got eliminated in the 1st rd every year until he got James and bosh. Kobe had amazing years when he got eliminated in the 1st rd yet thoses years are downplayed because he got eliminated early.

Wade is done already and just came off the worst playoff lost in finals history.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2014, 11:56 PM
I think peak Wade was better but that peak was short-lived (relative to Kobe). He showed little last year that would lead any reasonable person to believe that he can surpass him career wise.
Pretty much. Better peak but too short ultimately. Unless he finds the fountain of youth.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2014, 12:03 AM
If by slim chance you mean having a team of rocket scientist invent a time machine and traveling back in time to prevent Kobe's parents from hooking up ala the opposite of Back to the Future style then yes.....Wade does technically have a chance of passing Kobe.

3ballbomber
07-17-2014, 12:06 AM
2016 will be a big year for Miami. If Heat can land an elite pg & Center it would round out the line up. It would properly balance out the roster & finally address alot of the continuing issues (rebounding and ball handling) add some depth w/ some battle tested veterans and Miami will be stronger than ever. Riley will work his magic and get something going. This season will just be about showing how Miami can still be competitive spite of what the repercussions Lebron waiting so long to announce his decision did to us. This season will also be all about how both Bosh & Wade can still put up numbers close to when they lead their own teams. It will be an interesting next 2 seasons for Miami and i think still have a great chance to make finals.

Chronz
07-17-2014, 12:12 AM
I have a feeling people are going to be in shock when Wade plays 50 games next year

Pfeifer
07-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Rings only mean so much and Wade doesn't touch Kobe IMO.

Jenceman
07-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Wade is a borderline top 30 player all-time. No way he passes Kobe.

TylerSL
07-17-2014, 12:52 AM
Dwyane Wade is a legend in his own right, but Kobe Bryant is a top 10 player ever and the clear #2 Shooting Guard of all time. Dwyane Wade is a top 5 shooting guard ever and may one day be the clear #3 Shooting Guard of all time (it's him or Jerry West), but Wade will never pass Kobe all time.

One could make a valid case when saying Peak Wade>Peak Kobe, but Kobe has such longevity which is why Wade will never pass him. Kobe was consistently great for 13 years before he got injured. And we don't even know if he is done, he may come back from this injury and be his old self again. But Wade's peak (05-11) averaged 26.5pts/6.6asts/5.2rbs/1.8stls/1.0blks on .486 shooting. That 7 year span Wade was one of the most electrifying players to ever play basketball. He is the greatest shot blocking guard to ever play, and has always been extremely efficient (his lowest FG% was .465, his rookie season). Compared to Kobe, whose highest FG% was .469. Hell, I remember the Celtics were triple teaming Wade at half court in the 2010 playoff series, and it was only the first round.

Wade is a legend in his own right, probably a top 25, possibly top 20, player ever by the time he retires, but Kobe's longevity is nothing short of amazing. He has been good basically since he came into the league, but he was an ELITE player for 13 years before being injured just last season, and he may even become elite again when the next season begins. Because Kobe basically played at about the level Wade did for 13 years (just not quite as good). 13 elite years from Kobe>7 elite years from Wade. Even if Wade's elite was greater than Kobe's.

Sadds The Gr8
07-17-2014, 01:18 AM
I have a feeling people are going to be in shock when Wade plays 50 games next year
this...ppl are hyping wade way too much for next year.

MetroMan
07-17-2014, 01:21 AM
lay off the pipe

abe_froman
07-17-2014, 01:30 AM
no,no he doesnt

TylerSL
07-17-2014, 01:32 AM
this...ppl are hyping wade way too much for next year.

Wade played 70 games in 12-13. Was Wade 100% last season? Obviously not, but Miami was clearly just trying to maintain him and make sure his knees were not going to be a problem in the playoffs, which they were not, he just had a bad finals. Wade only played 54 games last year, but a lot of those games Wade was at shoot around and the Heat pulled him about an hour before tip off. Wade could have easily played 65-70 games last year, Miami just did not want him to. It's not like he has only been playing 50 games for a couple years. I know it seems that way but that's only because that's how you are perceiving it.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Wade played 70 games in 12-13. Was Wade 100% last season? Obviously not, but Miami was clearly just trying to maintain him and make sure his knees were not going to be a problem in the playoffs, which they were not, he just had a bad finals. Wade only played 54 games last year, but a lot of those games Wade was at shoot around and the Heat pulled him about an hour before tip off. Wade could have easily played 65-70 games last year, Miami just did not want him to.

Anyone can play a certain amount of games. The most important part is their impact. Did Wade have an impact in the regular season? Nope. So therefore, Wade is not 100%, won't be 100%, and the reason he played so well most likely had to do with the reason that he missed 1/3rd of Heat games.

To answer the question, this is such disrespect to the great legacy of Kobe. Wade is the 3rd best SG ever, his peak (2008-2009) for me was one of the best years for a SG. He was just so dominant. I remember watching his Chicago 2OT steal over Salmons and game winning three, the crazy blood game vs NYK where he erupted, the crazy Orlando game. His peak year was definitely better than Kobe's peak IMO, but this is about longevity. Can you really count Wade's past three years? He was clearly not effective. Wade didn't play the role that Kobe did as robin to the batman that is LeBron and Shaq, respectively. Wade also started his NBA career late and finished rather early. Kobe wins this and I'm just shocked someone would even bring this up. Even if Wade had 7 rings playing with James (winning 6 together with James as the man), those rings are meaningless if he wasn't the huge boost that Kobe gave Shaq.

TylerSL
07-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Anyone can play a certain amount of games. The most important part is their impact. Did Wade have an impact in the regular season? Nope. So therefore, Wade is not 100%, won't be 100%, and the reason he played so well most likely had to do with the reason that he missed 1/3rd of Heat games.

To answer the question, this is such disrespect to the great legacy of Kobe. Wade is the 3rd best SG ever, his peak (2008-2009) for me was one of the best years for a SG. He was just so dominant. I remember watching his Chicago 2OT steal over Salmons and game winning three, the crazy blood game vs NYK where he erupted, the crazy Orlando game. His peak year was definitely better than Kobe's peak IMO, but this is about longevity. Can you really count Wade's past three years? He was clearly not effective. Wade didn't play the role that Kobe did as robin to the batman that is LeBron and Shaq, respectively. Wade also started his NBA career late and finished rather early. Kobe wins this and I'm just shocked someone would even bring this up. Even if Wade had 7 rings playing with James (winning 6 together with James as the man), those rings are meaningless if he wasn't the huge boost that Kobe gave Shaq.

did u even read my post about this topic?

Sadds The Gr8
07-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Wade played 70 games in 12-13. Was Wade 100% last season? Obviously not, but Miami was clearly just trying to maintain him and make sure his knees were not going to be a problem in the playoffs, which they were not, he just had a bad finals. Wade only played 54 games last year, but a lot of those games Wade was at shoot around and the Heat pulled him about an hour before tip off. Wade could have easily played 65-70 games last year, Miami just did not want him to. It's not like he has only been playing 50 games for a couple years. I know it seems that way but that's only because that's how you are perceiving it.
this doesn't change my thought about him. he'll only wear down if he plays 70+ games imo.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 01:47 AM
did u even read my post about this topic?

I did. I'm just replying to the fact that you said Wade could have played this many games and what-not. He could have but I don't see him playing well in back-to-backs. Let's not forget that the reason why he didn't play was because Tim Grover - his trainer - has a regime for Wade and that was to prepare for the championship run. Really doubt Wade would play as well as he did without missing 28 games. There's obviously a reason why Spurs big three are playing so well. Because of rest and the limited minutes. Wade playing 36-38 minutes 70-82 games would be a huge mistake for his career and production. If I'm Spo, I rest Wade again and give him nights off against teams that are beatable.

TylerSL
07-17-2014, 01:53 AM
I did. I'm just replying to the fact that you said Wade could have played this many games and what-not. He could have but I don't see him playing well in back-to-backs. Let's not forget that the reason why he didn't play was because Tim Grover - his trainer - has a regime for Wade and that was to prepare for the championship run. Really doubt Wade would play as well as he did without missing 28 games. There's obviously a reason why Spurs big three are playing so well. Because of rest and the limited minutes. Wade playing 36-38 minutes 70-82 games would be a huge mistake for his career and production. If I'm Spo, I rest Wade again and give him nights off against teams that are beatable.

It's possible, but I kind of think it was more the Heat coaching staff wanting him to remain rested for the playoffs when they would need him, so the Heat were very liberal in sitting him last year because they knew Lebron could carry them in the regular season. Now that Lebron is gone, I don't see that being the case going forward. We will know when the season begins if Wade really did need all the rest or if Miami was just being extra cautious with him knowing they had Lebron to fall back on in the regular season. I do believe his minutes will go down regardless.

alexander_37
07-17-2014, 01:56 AM
As someone who is called a Kobe hater. No way in hell.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 02:06 AM
It's possible, but I kind of think it was more the Heat coaching staff wanting him to remain rested for the playoffs when they would need him, so the Heat were very liberal in sitting him last year because they knew Lebron could carry them in the regular season. Now that Lebron is gone, I don't see that being the case going forward. We will know when the season begins if Wade really did need all the rest or if Miami was just being extra cautious with him knowing they had Lebron to fall back on in the regular season. I do believe his minutes will go down regardless.

And Spo is a clueless bunch so he won't know what to do when Wade is gone. James Ennis has talent and could slide into the SG position. He should really develop Ennis, though. Bosh, Ennis, Deng, McRoberts, Granger, Chris Andersen, Chalmers (I expect him to be a 15/5 type of player. With James gone, he has no excuse to not be productive), Cole are enough to beat many teams out there. If done right, Miami should be able to make the playoffs and probably get to the second round---Finals with Wade playing 50 regular season games. It worked out for them until Spurs just beat Miami at every facet of the game.

TylerSL
07-17-2014, 02:10 AM
And Spo is a clueless bunch so he won't know what to do when Wade is gone. James Ennis has talent and could slide into the SG position. He should really develop Ennis, though. Bosh, Ennis, Deng, McRoberts, Granger, Chris Andersen, Chalmers (I expect him to be a 15/5 type of player. With James gone, he has no excuse to not be productive), Cole are enough to beat many teams out there. If done right, Miami should be able to make the playoffs and probably get to the second round---Finals with Wade playing 50 regular season games. It worked out for them until Spurs just beat Miami at every facet of the game.

agreed (minus the Spo part), I honestly believe Miami has a chance at winning the East next year.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2014, 02:16 AM

this is exactly my stance. i'm convinced that peak wade was better. but even as a big wade fan i have to be real, wade has played his entire career without the meniscus in his left knee(his explosion leg). his whole game is based on attacking and he hasn't tweaked his game with a reliable outside jumpshot. his midrange is decent despite what some people think(especially last season as of late), and he developed a very solid post up game to utilize his strength. but without that outside shot to counter his loss of explosion he can't extend his career at a high level like kobe has for all these years.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 02:18 AM
agreed (minus the Spo part), I honestly believe Miami has a chance at winning the East next year.

I think they can make the ECF because they have experience and some key pieces that are capable of taking them there but my prediction (Cavs), are just too good for them. I think LeBron being on another team would make Miami much softer than they would be say against Pacers.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2014, 02:21 AM

i agree they could make the playoffs if wade plays 50, but it will be alot tougher. i think he'll play more then that and the heat will push to get homecourt in the first round. and with chalmers i'm hoping for 12/5 i'm not optimistic about more than that, but it would be great.

beliges
07-17-2014, 02:25 AM
this is exactly my stance. i'm convinced that peak wade was better. but even as a big wade fan i have to be real, wade has played his entire career without the meniscus in his left knee(his explosion leg). his whole game is based on attacking and he hasn't tweaked his game with a reliable outside jumpshot. his midrange is decent despite what some people think(especially last season as of late), and he developed a very solid post up game to utilize his strength. but without that outside shot to counter his loss of explosion he can't extend his career at a high level like kobe has for all these years.

Did people just forget Kobe's "peak"? If you were to check kobes best seasons stat wise, nothing wade has ever done can compare. Not to mention kobe was putting up those spectacular numbers all while being one of the top defenders in the league. Sorry, I've read a lot people say this same thing so I just had to clarify.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Did people just forget Kobe's "peak"? If you were to check kobes best seasons stat wise, nothing wade has ever done can compare. Not to mention kobe was putting up those spectacular numbers all while being one of the top defenders in the league. Sorry, I've read a lot people say this same thing so I just had to clarify.

Statwise shows Kobe's best season was 2005-2006 but his real best season was 2000-2001. I think Wade's peak at 2008-2009 was better but it's all just a matter of preference. Kobe was the better defender and scorer while Wade was just an overall dominant package that season. Kobe did have Shaq so I took that into account. Think Wade beats Kobe's season peak but no argument over who's better.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2014, 02:42 AM

actually wades best season certainly compares and his best finals does as well. wade was always more efficient and a better team player. best shot blocking guard of all time and relentlessly sliced to the rim or hit the midrange shot when his team needed him most. he was just as unstoppabe as anyone, and just look at how dominate he was in the olympics outshining all he other team usa stars. i've seen kobe's peak, and as great as it was wade's was certainly right there for debate and many knowledgeable fans would take peak wade over peak kobe.

Slug3
07-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Kobe most likely needs to retire while Wade plays another 8 years or so to play. Wade came in to the nba kind of old at like around 22 while Kobe had a good 4 year head start. With wades knee it's almost impossible for him to do. But when he is done he should sit as a top 5 SG of all time in the 3 to 5 range.

XpLiCiTT
07-17-2014, 03:07 AM
This thread is funny. Wade has a slim shot to even seriously compete for another title, let alone "surpass" Kobe. Even if he gets 2 more rings it isn't even debatable who the better player is.

Kobe most likely needs to retire while Wade plays another 8 years or so to play. Wade came in to the nba kind of old at like around 22 while Kobe had a good 4 year head start. With wades knee it's almost impossible for him to do. But when he is done he should sit as a top 5 SG of all time in the 3 to 5 range.

Wade playing for 8 more years? What? Maybe if the NBA turns into a wheelchair basketball league.

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2014, 03:36 AM
Wade playing for 8 more years? What? Maybe if the NBA turns into a wheelchair basketball league.

good one! i like how you thought he was serious there.

Kyben36
07-17-2014, 03:59 AM
i agree with most people here, Kobe > Wade no mater how you slice it.

shep33
07-17-2014, 04:09 AM
If Wade developed a jumper, it would probably be a closer comparison. But for whatever reason, he just never worked on it.

Crackadalic
07-17-2014, 05:22 AM
No and that's a fat no

PurpleLynch
07-17-2014, 06:21 AM
I think Wade won't surpass Kobe. His decline is far more fast than Kobe's one. Said that,in his peak he was amazing,but overall Kobe is still superior.

MickeyMgl
07-17-2014, 06:46 AM
It seem Like Kobe wont catch MJ 6. He wont be moving off of number 5 and with his window being just about closed shut. Another question pop up. Can wade surpass Kobe? Wade has put together some of the best performances in the playoffs from any sg. While some may say Wade had Lebron for 2 others say Kobe had Shaq for 3. Now that Wade don't have to take a back seat do you thing we see vintage Wade again? If Miami can round its roaster its very possible. It would take a little luck however

Slim and None... and Slim is not answering his phone.

3ballbomber
07-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Wade needs to take a page from Kobe's book & seriously have a quick think about focusing on bettering his j's and 3 pointers........then go ahead and do that all offseason.

rhymeratic
07-17-2014, 07:11 AM
Anyone who even thinks Wade is better than Kobe ever must be a 2000's baby and even then that still doesn't excuse it because Kobe DOMINATED 2000-2010.

I don't even consider Wade better than Mitch Richmond. There are soooooooo many SG's that are better than Wade career wise that people need to put the drugs down and stop with the insanity... And don't even give me (he's really a PG instead of SG debate when you see the list in no particular order below).

And I don't count rings in this argument like that. I just look at how they dominated the game. Wade is always injured. Don't give me the nonsense that he carried Shaq to another championship. Shaq was still MDE when he was in Miami. He was just showing cracks in his game relative to HIM. You could stick just about any SG with Shaq in his prime and you're winning championships/making the finals.

1. MJ
2. Oscar (young fellas, go look him up)
3. Kobe
4. Jerry West aka THE LOGO
5. Iverson
6. Reggie Miller
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Ray Allen
9. Vince Carter

In fact when I look at Dwayne Wade, I feel he is more in line with the following players:

Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Steve Smith
Michael Finley
Richard Hamilton
Ron Harper (Cavs/Clippers version pre injury)

Also keep in mind that Wade's numbers are inflated as he started in the NBA just as the handchecking rule went away. He was one of the first to truly exploit driving to the basket and getting crazy amount of foul calls.

If he played in 1990-2000 era, he would be an 18ppg scorer.

What does Wade in is lack of perimeter shooting, significant injuries AND when he was THE MAN in Miami, they STUNK! Michael Beasley was on your squad and you did nothing to make him better. Leaders and winners make players better. No excuse for that, he takes full blame and heat on that one. His first experience in the NBA was playing sidekick to him, he's supposed to be able to influence that player accordingly.

Classic example look at Melo + JR Smith. JR Smith was a complete knucklehead prior to arriving in Denver. Melo essentially got him SOMEWHAT under control. Still a knucklehead but JR Smith took on many of Melo's attributes... poor shot selection chucker but makes enough of them to be considered an asset rather than a liability.

Redrum187
07-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Passing Kobe... into retirement perhaps. I just can't envision Benjamin Button... I mean Wade, drinking from the fountain of youth and accomplishing enough to warrant him being ahead of Kobe.

PurpleLynch
07-17-2014, 07:26 AM
Anyone who even thinks Wade is better than Kobe ever must be a 2000's baby and even then that still doesn't excuse it because Kobe DOMINATED 2000-2010.

I don't even consider Wade better than Mitch Richmond. There are soooooooo many SG's that are better than Wade career wise that people need to put the drugs down and stop with the insanity... And don't even give me (he's really a PG instead of SG debate when you see the list in no particular order below).

And I don't count rings in this argument like that. I just look at how they dominated the game. Wade is always injured. Don't give me the nonsense that he carried Shaq to another championship. Shaq was still MDE when he was in Miami. He was just showing cracks in his game relative to HIM. You could stick just about any SG with Shaq in his prime and you're winning championships/making the finals.

1. MJ
3. Kobe
5. Iverson
6. Reggie Miller
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Ray Allen
9. Vince Carter

In fact when I look at Dwayne Wade, I feel he is more in line with the following players:

Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Steve Smith
Michael Finley
Richard Hamilton

Also keep in mind that Wade's numbers are inflated as he started in the NBA just as the handchecking rule went away. He was one of the first to truly exploit driving to the basket and getting crazy amount of foul calls.

What does Wade in is lack of perimeter shooting, significant injuries AND when he was THE MAN in Miami, they STUNK! Michael Beasley was on your squad and you did nothing to make him better. Leaders and winners make players better. No excuse for that, he takes full blame and heat on that one. His first experience in the NBA was playing sidekick to him, he's supposed to be able to influence that player accordingly.

Classic example look at Melo + JR Smith. JR Smith was a complete knucklehead prior to arriving in Denver. Melo essentially got him SOMEWHAT under control. Still a knucklehead but JR Smith took on many of Melo's attributes... poor shot selection chucker but makes enough of them to be considered an asset rather than a liability.

Oscar? He was a point guard,not a shooting one. Plus I don't understand why Carter,Allen,Miller,Iverson,Richmond are ahead of him. No one of them won more than him,no one of them has better stats than him.
And you forgot to put on your list Drexler,Gervin,while I agree that MJ,Kobe,West are ahead of him career wise. But Wade is still playing,like Kobe,so we have to wait to give the final judgement.

naps
07-17-2014, 07:32 AM
I have a strong feeling this is a troll thread and was created only to garner praise on Kobe since he hasn't been talked about in past 2 years. This is absolutely a bait thread. Wade is not passing Kobe, barring Wade's miraculous comeback. Everyone knows it. Makes you wonder why a prominent Kobe/Lakers fan would create this thread...

rhymeratic
07-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Oscar? He was a point guard,not a shooting one. Plus I don't understand why Carter,Allen,Miller,Iverson,Richmond are ahead of him. No one of them won more than him,no one of them has better stats than him.
And you forgot to put on your list Drexler,Gervin,while I agree that MJ,Kobe,West are ahead of him career wise. But Wade is still playing,like Kobe,so we have to wait to give the final judgement.

See what I said when don't make the argument... PG vs SG... Big O = Combo, for arguments sake call him a Shooting Guard.

I left out Drexler and Gervin because they were more SF than SG but that's debatable.

Vince Carter in his prime... come on now, he SMOKES Wade.
Allen in his prime.... SMOKES Wade
Reggie Miller in his prime ... SMOKES Wade
Iverson in his prime... are you seriously contemplating Wade being better?!?!?
Richmond in his prime.... 2nd only to Jordan and once again SMOKES Wade.

In fact Wade can be put in the same breath as T-Mac... I forgot to include him too. Injury prone but even T-Mac in his prime is better than Wade.

rhymeratic
07-17-2014, 07:38 AM
I have a strong feeling this is a troll thread and was created only to garner praise on Kobe since he hasn't been talked about in past 2 years. This is absolutely a bait thread. Wade is not passing Kobe, barring Wade's miraculous comeback. Everyone knows it. Makes you wonder why a prominent Kobe/Lakers fan would create this thread...

Agreed.

Easiest way to resolve this argument is this... take Wade insert him to the same team as another player in comparison... would Wade make that team better...

For example... if Wade played on the team with T-Mac in Toronto the one year they were good instead of Vince Carter, would Wade have taken that team farther... NO! Thus, Carter > Wade and if you say well that's just 1 season. Ok lets go to Vince Carter in NJ years with J-Kidd... or Wade playing on the Bucks team with Sam Cassell and Glenn Robinson or Wade playing with Rashard Lewis in Seattle or Wade with any of the Sacramento Kings teams instead of Mitch Richmond etc.

naps
07-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Wade is the 3rd greatest shooting guard ever. I will not go crazy if someone wants to pick Jerry West but no one else has a 15% argument over Wade. Period.

ManningToTyree
07-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Wade is an all-time great but he can't touch Kobe

WaDe03
07-17-2014, 11:49 AM

1. MJ
3. Kobe
5. Iverson
6. Reggie Miller
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Ray Allen
9. Vince Carter

Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Steve Smith
Michael Finley
Richard Hamilton

This is a terrible post.

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't think Wade passes Kobe, who proved his worth the most by winning two championships with Gasol and Co. But Wade certainly is impressive.
Anyone who argues that Wade had LeBron has to remember that Kobe had Shaq, and swallow their words.

ink
07-17-2014, 02:36 PM

Yeah I admire DWade for a lot of things but I can't see the point of this thread. Great player at his peak, definitely. Solid character, franchise cornerstone.

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 03:08 PM
But if Kobe wins 7 he's better than Jordan right?

Thanks for proving LeBron doesn't need 5 to surpass Kobe

The thing that separates Michael from everybody else was his hell bent drive and no I don't think there was anybody else who that desire to be the best and beat the best than Jordan.....nobody thus far. LeBron from a physical standpoint is more dominant than Kobe and Jordan but the thing that makes Jordan and Kobe better than LeBron is what I said about Jordan. And finally if you want to do the Jordan/Kobe comparison Jordan's team's never went seven games in a Finals because Michael wasn't having it, some way he rose to the challenge in a crucial game 5 or 6. Kobe's team's twice got their doors blown off once by Detroit and that embarrassing game 7 against Boston. I know when we make these comparisons the team also has to be held accountable in success and failure but sometimes you have that athlete who won't allow you to lose once they get to the mountain top. Jordan in basketball and Montana in football. That's why they are the greatest of all-time in their respective sports. So IMO Jordan is the obvious best player in the era I have watched the NBA, Kobe second and LeBron third. No shame in that at all.

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Notice I don't even mention Wade in my previous post. I don't even consider him when I think all-time greatest.

RateSports
07-17-2014, 03:15 PM
While I agree to an extent if you watched wade every year besides last, I'd say Lebron most definetly needed wade. Did wade need Lebron? Absolutely but when the games got tough wade led the way.

Ask the Celtics and Spurs (2012) about that one..

That is just asinine.

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Wade has been non-existent the last two seasons. He's not the Wade that LeBron came to Miami to play alongside hence why LeBron chose to go home and play with a bunch of wet behind the ear first and second year players. Why kill yourself if your LeBron and have to carry Wade's *** for 82 regular season games while he sits out another 28 or more and then when the playoffs hit where Wade should be nice and refreshed he looks like Father Time in a basketball uniform? Good move LeBron. Will get max dollars and have the opportunity to really build his legacy to legendary proportions if he brings a professional sports championship to the state of Ohio.

ATX
07-17-2014, 03:41 PM

1. MJ
3. Kobe
5. Iverson
6. Reggie Miller
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Ray Allen
9. Vince Carter

Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Steve Smith
Michael Finley
Richard Hamilton

Quite possibly one of the worst posts I've ever read here, especially considering the effort.

still1ballin
07-17-2014, 03:50 PM
lol

RaiderLakersA's
07-17-2014, 03:58 PM
The thing that separates Michael from everybody else was his hell bent drive and no I don't think there was anybody else who that desire to be the best and beat the best than Jordan.....nobody thus far. LeBron from a physical standpoint is more dominant than Kobe and Jordan but the thing that makes Jordan and Kobe better than LeBron is what I said about Jordan. And finally if you want to do the Jordan/Kobe comparison Jordan's team's never went seven games in a Finals because Michael wasn't having it, some way he rose to the challenge in a crucial game 5 or 6. Kobe's team's twice got their doors blown off once by Detroit and that embarrassing game 7 against Boston. I know when we make these comparisons the team also has to be held accountable in success and failure but sometimes you have that athlete who won't allow you to lose once they get to the mountain top. Jordan in basketball and Montana in football. That's why they are the greatest of all-time in their respective sports. So IMO Jordan is the obvious best player in the era I have watched the NBA, Kobe second and LeBron third. No shame in that at all.

All good points.

I would love to see Kobe or LeBron play with a roster identical to the Bulls for either their first 3-peat or their last 3-peat.

Then again, the thought of LeBron dealing with the antics of Dennis Rodman would have been hilarious! (At least we can say that Kobe had Artest/Metta World Peace.)

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 04:07 PM
This thread deserves a couple of SMs and TTs.

That's how ridiculous the notion is that Wade is even close to Kobe. You kids really need to GTFO this forum.

slashsnake
07-17-2014, 04:07 PM

A couple more as finals MVP, you might start to have an argument. Kobe has the much better overall career, but Wade caught him in rings and edged him by one in finals MVP's.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 04:09 PM
lol

tt

Kaner
07-17-2014, 04:19 PM

1. MJ
3. Kobe
5. Iverson
6. Reggie Miller
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Ray Allen
9. Vince Carter

Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Steve Smith
Michael Finley
Richard Hamilton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I particularly liked the part where you mention Oscar ****ing Robertson (who absolutely played pg for almost his entire career) like your some sort of basketball scholar, when he's probably one of the 10-15 most famous all time greats, then leave out George Gervin, Clyde Drexler, Sidney Moncrief, and even Joe Dumars or Earl Monroe but instead choose to include Mitch Richmond on your top 10 sg's list.

Master Mind
07-17-2014, 04:30 PM
While I don't agree that Wade will pass Kobe or come close, I think he is the 3rd greatest SG. It's really sad how ppl forget how awesome he was. Wade's been disrespected his entire career so it doesn't surprise me when someone puts him in a group with Latrell Sprewell, Steve Smith, Richard Hamilton, smh.

Master Mind
07-17-2014, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I particularly liked the part where you mention Oscar ****ing Robertson (who absolutely played pg for almost his entire career) like your some sort of basketball scholar, when he's probably one of the 10-15 most famous all time greats, then leave out George Gervin, Clyde Drexler, Sidney Moncrief, and even Joe Dumars or Earl Monroe but instead choose to include Mitch Richmond on your top 10 sg's list.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That Billy Madison burn

IBleedPurple
07-17-2014, 04:36 PM

Another interesting stat about Jordan's drive:
After losing the first 3 games of the 90-91 season, the Bulls never lost 3 games in a row the rest of the decade while Jordan was there. The chances of a .500 team going on such a streak is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000006502%, about one out of every two undecillion. Even after adjusting for win% (78.6% with MJ), the probability of the legendary Bulls going on such a streak is .2114%,*or about one out of five hundred.

More simply, he brought the determination to win, every single night.

As for Wade passing Kobe, that is laughable at this point. Wade would need to transplant body parts. He is in decline.

ChicagoJ
07-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Wade won't surpass Kobe, but very few players will. Since lebron has had the torch handed to him it seems some people forget how great Kobe has been in this league.

It wasn't that long ago the Kobe mj comparisons were commonplace. Now it's lebron mj comparisons. Just saying, Kobe is one of the all time greats.

Jeffy25
07-17-2014, 04:43 PM

this

LAcowBOMBER
07-17-2014, 05:03 PM
I think Kobe will still be better this year so I certainly don't see Wade surpassing him

Jamiecballer
07-17-2014, 05:16 PM
It's true Wades body betrayed him before this could ever become a real conversation.

What is very much up for debate is who was the better player.

XpLiCiTT
07-17-2014, 05:30 PM
It's true Wades body betrayed him before this could ever become a real conversation.

What is very much up for debate is who was the better player.

What's the debate?

Jamiecballer
07-17-2014, 05:36 PM
What's the debate?
Exactly what I said. Who was the better player during their peak.

YAALREADYKNO
07-17-2014, 05:48 PM
the only wade passes up kobe is if he wins a couple more championships and leads the league in scoring the rest of his career. I just see no way of wade passing up kobe during the black mamba's prime he was the most feared player in the NBA because he could bring you back down from 15 by himself

WaDe03
07-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Agreed.

Easiest way to resolve this argument is this... take Wade insert him to the same team as another player in comparison... would Wade make that team better...

For example... if Wade played on the team with T-Mac in Toronto the one year they were good instead of Vince Carter, would Wade have taken that team farther... NO! Thus, Carter > Wade and if you say well that's just 1 season. Ok lets go to Vince Carter in NJ years with J-Kidd... or Wade playing on the Bucks team with Sam Cassell and Glenn Robinson or Wade playing with Rashard Lewis in Seattle or Wade with any of the Sacramento Kings teams instead of Mitch Richmond etc.

You do realize Wades Heat team beat Vince Carter's Nets team in the playoffs and then Wade carried the team to their first ever championship by having the greatest finals performance in NBA history right?

But really looking at your last 3 post about people better than Wade at SG, do you really believe yourself when you are typing this nonsense or are you just messing with everyone because I think I lost a lot of brain cells just reading your terrible post.

There are only 2 shooting guards better than Wade and that is MJ and Kobe although I also think Wades peak was better that doesn't make him better all time than Kobe.

You also said Mitch Richmond was second to only Michael Jordan! Please do everyone a favor and cancel your account idk how much more of this out brains can take!

majmarcus
07-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Lol...delusional @ best. Wade aint passing Kobe. I find it shocking that people even think his peak was better than Kobe's. Granted, he seemingly outplayed Kobe at times. But overall, on a consistent level? No way! If Jordan is the best, then Kobe is definitely in that #2 spot...u can put that in stone as far as Im concerned. Wade, nah. No deal. Now kill the foolery...

AIRMAR72
07-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Bill Russell has eleven and he couldn't hold a candle to Michael Jordan. Robert Horry has seven, Steve Kerr has five, it doesn't matter how many rings a particular player has it's how you led your team those rings is what counts. If Wade gets another it will be because he had to piggy back on someone else. People act like LeBron went to Miami to have Wade help him win a ring but I believe it was the other way around. Wade was drowning in mediocrity in Miami while LeBron still had those Cavs teams as perennial contenders in the East. In the end Wade needed LeBron more than LeBron needed Wade. Agreed ring total is overrated when the subject is based on a player skills and contributions to game and that is WHY the award a seasonal MVP but keep in mind it was due to injuries(too often) that held back wade from being productive but if he had stayed healthy for atleast 2 full season with Bron his career would be more fulfilling but overall wade is better than Kobe beause of his ability to make everyone around him better wade is also a better defender playmaker and higher IQ Kobe is stronger superior postgame and footwork but misses too many easy shots and take too bad ones and 3s kobe sleeps on defense POOR leader and decision maker on the court but to his ironman type career the nod would go to kobe

chitown85
07-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Another interesting stat about Jordan's drive:
After losing the first 3 games of the 90-91 season, the Bulls never lost 3 games in a row the rest of the decade while Jordan was there. The chances of a .500 team going on such a streak is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000006502%, about one out of every two undecillion. Even after adjusting for win% (78.6% with MJ), the probability of the legendary Bulls going on such a streak is .2114%,*or about one out of five hundred.

More simply, he brought the determination to win, every single night.

As for Wade passing Kobe, that is laughable at this point. Wade would need to transplant body parts. He is in decline.

Haha, great post! Don't know why ANYONE would even think Wade>Kobe could EVER happen. Kobe is in a different tier. By a large margin.

IBleedPurple
07-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Peak Kobe beats peak Wade easily IMO, and I am much more of a Wade fan between the two. It wasn't that long ago, no need for revisionist history doubting Kobe's greatness.

chitown85
07-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Agreed ring total is overrated when the subject is based on a player skills and contributions to game and that is WHY the award a seasonal MVP but keep in mind it was due to injuries(too often) that held back wade from being productive but if he had stayed healthy for atleast 2 full season with Bron his career would be more fulfilling but overall wade is better than Kobe beause of his ability to make everyone around him better wade is also a better defender playmaker and higher IQ Kobe is stronger superior postgame and footwork but misses too many easy shots and take too bad ones and 3s kobe sleeps on defense POOR leader and decision maker on the court but to his ironman type career the nod would go to kobe

IF Wade stayed healthy...who knows? The fact is he didn't stay healthy, so though its fun to talk about "what-if," what is=Kobe>>Wade.

Kobe has been doing this since he was 18, has murdered teams/has the biggest legacy in the game since Jordan. Kobe had the ability to take over games and is an obvious Hall of Famer. His basketball IQ is low? Seriously. Kobe can do this in his sleep... He's a basketball genius.

I am a die hard Bulls fan, but I have watched Kobe's entire career as well as all of the 6 MJ Championship seasons...nobody has the competitive arrogance/drive close to Jordan...other than Kobe Bryant.

AIRMAR72
07-17-2014, 07:26 PM
You do realize Wades Heat team beat Vince Carter's Nets team in the playoffs and then Wade carried the team to their first ever championship by having the greatest finals performance in NBA history right?

But really looking at your last 3 post about people better than Wade at SG, do you really believe yourself when you are typing this nonsense or are you just messing with everyone because I think I lost a lot of brain cells just reading your terrible post.

There are only 2 shooting guards better than Wade and that is MJ and Kobe although I also think Wades peak was better that doesn't make him better all time than Kobe.

You also said Mitch Richmond was second to only Michael Jordan! Please do everyone a favor and cancel your account idk how much more of this out brains can take!
It's TRUE!! kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade in their prime CANNOT guard or get by Mitch Richmond in his PRIME and you can that to the banks

WaDe03
07-17-2014, 07:31 PM
It's TRUE!! kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade in their prime CANNOT guard or get by Mitch Richmond in his PRIME and you can that to the banks

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol

Jamiecballer
07-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Peak Kobe beats peak Wade easily IMO, and I am much more of a Wade fan between the two. It wasn't that long ago, no need for revisionist history doubting Kobe's greatness.
Numbers favor Wade but its not unreasonable to say Kobe. But easily? No way.

DR_1
07-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Wade has a shot at passing kobe and I have a shot at being named sexiest man alive.

:laugh:

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 08:06 PM

That's not how it works.

Difference between Kobe and Wade.

Wade is a Miami Heat icon.

Kobe Bryant is an NBA icon.

KnicksorBust
07-17-2014, 08:07 PM
I love Wade but his legacy enhancing days are done. Done.

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah he has a chance, all he needs to do is win 2 or 3 more rings while putting up around 30 ppg while being 1st team all nba for the next 4 to 5 years. Maybe get an MVP or a dpoy and I can see him passing Kobe.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah he has a chance, all he needs to do is win 2 or 3 more rings while putting up around 30 ppg while being 1st team all nba for the next 4 to 5 years. Maybe get an MVP or a dpoy and I can see him passing Kobe.

How does 3 all star appearances and an all star MVP sound?

jerellh528
07-17-2014, 08:39 PM

That might sway a few, but not enough imo.

KnicksorBust
07-17-2014, 08:46 PM

All star mvps are less important than little league obp crowns.

Jamiecballer
07-17-2014, 08:56 PM
I think that was a joke guys

bootypants
07-17-2014, 09:10 PM

Didn't wade shoot almost 54% from the field last year?

19/5/5 as a sidekick isn't terrible..... especially with 54% shooting.

P&GRealist
07-17-2014, 09:29 PM

My question to you is did you 'always' believe that Kobe was better than Wade?

Chronz
07-17-2014, 10:07 PM
I love Wade but his legacy enhancing days are done. Done.

lol. this.

Chronz
07-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Didn't wade shoot almost 54% from the field last year?

19/5/5 as a sidekick isn't terrible..... especially with 54% shooting.

Its not that impressive when you factor in that he got plenty of days off in between and was defended by the opposing teams inferior wing defender. Its not like he was getting banged up, he was resting as a precaution. He should have been alot more productive, hes essentially become a poor mans Manu IMO.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Slim just left the building.

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 10:42 PM
All good points.

I would love to see Kobe or LeBron play with a roster identical to the Bulls for either their first 3-peat or their last 3-peat.

Then again, the thought of LeBron dealing with the antics of Dennis Rodman would have been hilarious! (At least we can say that Kobe had Artest/Metta World Peace.)

Jordan and Jackson were the only two people on the planet who could get Rodman to buy into a structure and the fact that they got Pippen and Rodman to co-exist should have landed them the Nobel Peace Prize.

SILVER SEAVER
07-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Agreed ring total is overrated when the subject is based on a player skills and contributions to game and that is WHY the award a seasonal MVP but keep in mind it was due to injuries(too often) that held back wade from being productive but if he had stayed healthy for atleast 2 full season with Bron his career would be more fulfilling but overall wade is better than Kobe beause of his ability to make everyone around him better wade is also a better defender playmaker and higher IQ Kobe is stronger superior postgame and footwork but misses too many easy shots and take too bad ones and 3s kobe sleeps on defense POOR leader and decision maker on the court but to his ironman type career the nod would go to kobe

Some would say the wear and tear that Kobe had going from being so durable playing 82 games a season plus all those playoff games and then finally in his 17th season the wheels finally came off so to speak. Kobe carried a load for a long while after Shaq left town. It's something like over 53,000 minutes or some outrageous number that Kobe has played in his career and that's even more than Jordan. Wade played all out and played for the moment where as Kobe was more conservative in thinking of the big picture with his career. Wade could've been every bit as good as Kobe if he thought like Kobe did but that's not the type of player he is and he has three rings and is a legend in the Miami area with Zo Mourning to cement a legacy with the Heat. As for all-time great he can't be mentioned in that discussion but he still will be a HOF player for that short stretch of greatness he exhibited.

NBA_Starter
07-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Wade is done.

AIRMAR72
07-17-2014, 11:17 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol how old are you have have you ever seen Mitch played? I'm not basing my opinion on rings I'm stating my judgment on individual talents

ldawg
07-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Jordan and Jackson were the only two people on the planet who could get Rodman to buy into a structure and the fact that they got Pippen and Rodman to co-exist should have landed them the Nobel Peace Prize.Really? I thought he was a very good member of the bad boys.

WaDe03
07-18-2014, 01:04 AM
how old are you have have you ever seen Mitch played? I'm not basing my opinion on rings I'm stating my judgment on individual talents

He's not better than Wade or Kobe he was good though.

MickeyMgl
07-18-2014, 01:33 AM
IF Wade stayed healthy...who knows? The fact is he didn't stay healthy, so though its fun to talk about "what-if," what is=Kobe>>Wade.

Kobe has been doing this since he was 18, has murdered teams/has the biggest legacy in the game since Jordan. Kobe had the ability to take over games and is an obvious Hall of Famer. His basketball IQ is low? Seriously. Kobe can do this in his sleep... He's a basketball genius.

I am a die hard Bulls fan, but I have watched Kobe's entire career as well as all of the 6 MJ Championship seasons...nobody has the competitive arrogance/drive close to Jordan...other than Kobe Bryant.

Wade fans act as if Kobe has been healthy his entire career. Just because he PLAYED THROUGH some very significant injuries doesn't mean he was playing healthy. If anything, if Bryant had sat out during those injuries, as most players would have, you'd probably see his efficiency numbers substantially higher.

rex.reyesiii
07-18-2014, 06:39 AM
I didn't think Kobe ever got LAZY so nope. No "surpassing" the Mamba ever.. lets move along...

thenaj17
07-18-2014, 07:21 AM

x2 - Some of the ridiculous comments i've read are just embarrassing. Wade had 1 of the best ever finals in NBA history in 2006 but to say Wade was ever a better player than Kobe is a joke.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Wade never had a shot as surpassing Kobe...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Wade hasn't even surpassed Iverson, IMO. Def. no where near Kobe.

Chronz
07-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Wade never had a shot as surpassing Kobe...

He would have if he wasn't so damn injury prone. If never gets hurt vs Detroit, hes likely a 4 time champ, 2x Finals MVP. He got hurt before the series vs Chicago, instead of a first round sweep he might have at least made a Conference Finals. Then there was that lost season in Chicago and the last 2 years where instead of winning chips with Bron in dominant fashion, he was often a detriment to the team. He had a window there for awhile, just kept getting hurt in the process.

beliges
07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Numbers favor Wade but its not unreasonable to say Kobe. But easily? No way.

No. Kobe's best seasons "numbers" wise blows Wade's out of the water. And it is extremely unreasonable to say Wade's peak is better. The numbers are the numbers.

Bostonjorge
07-18-2014, 05:27 PM
When was wade ever better then kobe? Wades best year was 2008 and he missed the playoffs in the east. Kobe had better season's where he won a title along the way.

So where or when did wade ever play better then kobe absolute best since the numbers say wade never did?

MickeyMgl
07-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Wade hasn't even surpassed Iverson, IMO. Def. no where near Kobe.

Sure hasn't passed Jerry West. Right now, he's pretty close to Mitch Richmond, IMO.

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 06:17 PM
My Top 4 SGs: MJ, Kobe, West, Gervin.

DWade is just outside my GOAT Top 25 and I'm thinking about whether Drexler's career was better.
I'll probably end up with DWade as SG #5; around GOAT #28.

Mitch Richmond ... Great Player? YES. Better than Wade, Gervin, West? NO, NO, NO-NO-NO!

Somebody mentioned AI? I've got him almost "DOMINATING" ...
My 2nd GOAT Top 50; i.e, in other words, NOT in my GOAT Top 50!
For example, I'd take Tiny over AI any day, all day, every day of the week.

Jamiecballer
07-18-2014, 07:15 PM
No. Kobe's best seasons "numbers" wise blows Wade's out of the water. And it is extremely unreasonable to say Wade's peak is better. The numbers are the numbers.
05-06 through 09/10

Unless we are talking about simple counting stats.

When was wade ever better then kobe? Wades best year was 2008 and he missed the playoffs in the east. Kobe had better season's where he won a title along the way.

So where or when did wade ever play better then kobe absolute best since the numbers say wade never did?

Bruno
07-18-2014, 07:17 PM
He would have if he wasn't so damn injury prone. If never gets hurt vs Detroit, hes likely a 4 time champ, 2x Finals MVP. He got hurt before the series vs Chicago, instead of a first round sweep he might have at least made a Conference Finals. Then there was that lost season in Chicago and the last 2 years where instead of winning chips with Bron in dominant fashion, he was often a detriment to the team. He had a window there for awhile, just kept getting hurt in the process.

Kobe seemed to lock it up after June 2010. wade played major catch up and would have a better argument if Miami beat dallas in 2011 when Wade was still performing at a MVP level too.

Bostonjorge
07-18-2014, 07:29 PM
05-06 through 09/10

Unless we are talking about simple counting stats.

Wade had 1 title run in that span. After that he never made it out of the first rd. Missed the playoffs and got swept as defending champs. So if we Ignore the stats what do we use to say wade was ever better?

Jamiecballer
07-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Wade had 1 title run in that span. After that he never made it out of the first rd. Missed the playoffs and got swept as defending champs. So if we Ignore the stats what do we use to say wade was ever better?
Is there a reason we would ever want to do such a thing?

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Is there a reason we would ever want to do such a thing?

Hey Jamiecballer,
Do what to whom, when, where and how? Is this like a "Pile-On"?
Ooops?
What was the question?

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Is There Such A Thing As A Bogus Thread; And If So, Is This One Of Them?

I've been trying to apply all of my finest basketball-related analytical skills; bringing in my encyclopedic knowledge of useless information, mis-informed opinions and advanced stats that no one can define and describe nothing anyway ....

And FAIL!

I just can't figure out why this thread was even made?

(If I'm not completely out of my gourd (could be?), it seems like nobody else (except or including the OP?) can figure it out either?)

Did we all blow it by not going "Flame-War" over nothing?

While we're NOT at it? Can we address the even more or less burning question of:
Wade has a slim shot at surpassing MJ ?

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Who will play the most games this coming season? Wade or Kobe?

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Who will play the most games this coming season? Wade or Kobe?

Hey Starter,
DWade will play 50. Kobe will either play 20-or-less and have a career ending injury OR he'll play 66 and look surprisingly, maybe shockingly good in the process.

Chronz
07-18-2014, 11:57 PM

2008 was his least efficient season, he played in only 51 games. The very next year is when he had his come back season and was an arguable MVP. The Heat did not miss the playoffs that year, what are you going on about?

Wade was better some years man, you and I both know it.

jerellh528
07-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Funny when people say wades peak was better than Kobe's, especially who you factor in the defensive end. I don't know why people always try to dog Kobe's peak. He was the most deadly and dominant player in the game at one point.

Wade n Fade
07-19-2014, 12:18 AM
People will always ride Kome's jock strap. Nobody likes it when someone could be better than their "favorite player." Just like the closet MJ fans being afraid of Lebron surpassing him one day. I believe Wade has surpassed Kome a long time ago. The PER stats, rebounding, blocking, steals, and shooting % speak for themselves. Wade's 2006 finals was better than most NBA Finals performances anyways. Wade is a consummate team player and sacrifices on many occasions. He is a better defender as well. He has never been in trouble with the law either.

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 12:44 AM
People will always ride Kome's jock strap. Nobody likes it when someone could be better than their "favorite player." Just like the closet MJ fans being afraid of Lebron surpassing him one day. I believe Wade has surpassed Kome a long time ago. The PER stats, rebounding, blocking, steals, and shooting % speak for themselves. Wade's 2006 finals was better than most NBA Finals performances anyways. Wade is a consummate team player and sacrifices on many occasions. He is a better defender as well. He has never been in trouble with the law either.

Actually, even your Wade fans can't protect you on this. Wade was better than Kobe maybe 3-4 years give or take. No way is Wade better than Kobe.. That's ridiculous. Better defender than Kobe? Is this a joke or are we actually even debating this.

Wade's 2008-2009 ranks as one of the best seasons for a SG outside any of Jordan's years. He was so good that season I think had Miami won the same amount of games as the top teams, he should've been MVP. I feel Detroit intentionally injured Wade. Rasheed Wallace I felt purposely had the intent of targeting Wade. Would they have beaten SAS? Don't know but that was one of those "FMVP" awards gone. No way Wade beats Kobe man... We need to stop disrespecting Kobe's greatness. You're comparing someone who is 20-30 on most people's all time list to someone who is lock down top 10.

AIRMAR72
07-19-2014, 12:48 AM
My Top 4 SGs: MJ, Kobe, West, Gervin.

DWade is just outside my GOAT Top 25 and I'm thinking about whether Drexler's career was better.
I'll probably end up with DWade as SG #5; around GOAT #28.

Mitch Richmond ... Great Player? YES. Better than Wade, Gervin, West? NO, NO, NO-NO-NO!

Somebody mentioned AI? I've got him almost "DOMINATING" ...
My 2nd GOAT Top 50; i.e, in other words, NOT in my GOAT Top 50!
For example, I'd take Tiny over AI any day, all day, every day of the week. stop the madness its clear your too young and DON'T play the game to understand you forgot about Alex English,Joe Dumar,Reggie Miller ,Nick Anderson,Hershey Hawkins Rolando Blackman,gerald Wilkins Bobby Phyllis(rip) Reggie Lewis(rip) Tracy's Mcgrady(injuries)Anfrani Hardway (injuries)NOW these guy's I listed are just as good and some are BETTER compared to prime Kobe and Wade, Allen Iverson to ME is Not BETTER than kobe but Iverson because of his WILL power(superior to kobes and wade) is the quickest I've ever seen with the ball dribbling up the courts was more excited to watch but Iverson misses too many shots when it MATTER below average IQ and selfishnes also hurts his production and overall potential

FlashBolt
07-19-2014, 01:00 AM
stop the madness its clear your too young and DON'T play the game to understand you forgot about Alex English,Joe Dumar,Reggie Miller ,Nick Anderson,Hershey Hawkins Rolando Blackman,gerald Wilkins Bobby Phyllis(rip) Reggie Lewis(rip) Tracy's Mcgrady(injuries)Anfrani Hardway (injuries)NOW these guy's I listed are just as good and some are BETTER compared to prime Kobe and Wade, Allen Iverson to ME is Not BETTER than kobe but Iverson because of his WILL power(superior to kobes and wade) is the quickest I've ever seen with the ball dribbling up the courts was more excited to watch but Iverson misses too many shots when it MATTER below average IQ and selfishnes also hurts his production and overall potential

English was a SF... And did you just say Nick Anderson, Gerald Wilkins, and a bunch of 1 hit All-Star players were just as good and some better than prime Kobe/Wade? I give you T-Mac and maybe Miller just because he was lethal on the threes and played against MJ but what the serious hell is everyone else doing there? Iverson was a shotjacking, inefficient, low-IQ, me-me-me player who was only looking for his own out there.

WaDe03
07-19-2014, 01:20 AM
stop the madness its clear your too young and DON'T play the game to understand you forgot about Alex English,Joe Dumar,Reggie Miller ,Nick Anderson,Hershey Hawkins Rolando Blackman,gerald Wilkins Bobby Phyllis(rip) Reggie Lewis(rip) Tracy's Mcgrady(injuries)Anfrani Hardway (injuries)NOW these guy's I listed are just as good and some are BETTER compared to prime Kobe and Wade, Allen Iverson to ME is Not BETTER than kobe but Iverson because of his WILL power(superior to kobes and wade) is the quickest I've ever seen with the ball dribbling up the courts was more excited to watch but Iverson misses too many shots when it MATTER below average IQ and selfishnes also hurts his production and overall potential

None of those guys on your long list are better than Wade or Kobe lol. Just stop.

Wade n Fade
07-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Actually, even your Wade fans can't protect you on this. Wade was better than Kobe maybe 3-4 years give or take. No way is Wade better than Kobe.. That's ridiculous. Better defender than Kobe? Is this a joke or are we actually even debating this.

Wade's 2008-2009 ranks as one of the best seasons for a SG outside any of Jordan's years. He was so good that season I think had Miami won the same amount of games as the top teams, he should've been MVP. I feel Detroit intentionally injured Wade. Rasheed Wallace I felt purposely had the intent of targeting Wade. Would they have beaten SAS? Don't know but that was one of those "FMVP" awards gone. No way Wade beats Kobe man... We need to stop disrespecting Kobe's greatness. You're comparing someone who is 20-30 on most people's all time list to someone who is lock down top 10.

I can name ten players better than Kome in no particular order: MJ, Duncan, Magic, Big O, Lebron, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Bird, and Kareem.

Goose17
07-19-2014, 09:26 AM
I'll take Wade over Kobe in terms of their peak, every god damn time.

Longevity goes to Kobe though.

Pablonovi
07-19-2014, 03:37 PM

Hey AIRMAR72,
Perhaps you've picked THE wrong guy for guessing I'm too young for ...
anything.

Do you know I was watching the NBA when Russell played his very first game?

Do you know that I saw Wilt LIVE with the Harlem Globetrotters (showing off his Point Guard skills no less; amongst dozens of other skills) the year BEFORE Wilt joined (and crushed) the NBA (including Russ)?

Do you know that my first favorite player was Elgin Baylor from his first game to his last?

Or that I truly fell in love with the game (and with the Lakers; despite being born and raised in New Jersey, not far at all from NYC) because West-Baylor was so bi-racially harmonic and artistically majestic (in a hate-filled, super IN-tolerant age of gang-bang beatings and bathrooms: "men", "women" and "colored" which technically was something other than a bathroom)?

Or that I watched every single NBA game ever televised coming out of NYC (on the 3 (!) channels of TV we had back then - which all went off at night, replaced by "test patterns" = colored concentric-circles or bars).

Don't mean to rub in my old-age; ain't much to be proud of in that except maybe (?) "lasting so long". Whoopie!

So, I've had the absolute privilege to have seen the entire careers of ALL the GOAT Top 25 Candidates (I only missed: Pettit (first half of his career) - and he might not even make GOAT #25.

About the non-AI guys you refer to. I'm just stunned. Not ONE single one of those guys is in my GOAT Top 50.

About AI - I saved this for last; because we (finally! hehe) agree about something.
THE ONE THING that impressed me the most about his career: he took "advantage" of the Lakers' super-too-long pre-Finals lay-off (on account of them torching every Great Team in the West; while Phily needed game 7s in the weak East) .. he took advantage and just "willed" his team to that Game 1 OVERTIME squeaker. That took BALLS. Kudos to you AI.

OTOH, the little beyotch prevented the Lakers from being the first and only undefeated Champions ever!

P.S. Oh, almost forgot. I played basketball in grammar school (I sucked but I played). I played 2.5 hours a day, every single day, throughout high school (intramural teams, pick-up games, personal endless drilling). I played all 4 years in College (same stuff as high school, see above). I played for the next decade after that. In my '60's, I've gotten into some pick up games. (I always sucked; but that never stopped me from playing for hours at a time; and loving every second of it.)

Why did I suck so bad (you didn't ask)? Some of it had to do with my "negative" vertical leap. About once a year, on my best, friskiest, day - I could barely touch THE BOTTOM OF THE NET with my fingertips!

I also squeezed in some coaching (tons of volleyball; tons of running/cycling; a bit of basketball).

Goose17
07-19-2014, 03:44 PM

T-Mac you might get given based on his peak but even then it's a stretch. The rest of those guys aren't even close to Kobe or Wades level.

ArmLaker
07-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Kobe all day everyday. Peak, post peak, injured, longevity all goes to Kobe Bryant.

chitown85
07-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I can name ten players better than Kome in no particular order: MJ, Duncan, Magic, Big O, Lebron, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Bird, and Kareem.

No. Kobe is top ten all day. He has been an icon and destroyed teams for over a decade. He inherited the NBA from his airness...those are some big shoes/a big gap to fill. Not saying Kobe surpassed MJ or necessarily was able to replace him; but with expectations/hopes THAT high he still became GREAT. Kobe is a genius on the court, and far too undervalued by the current generation.

Knick bag
07-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Kobe Second best 2 Guard all time

Wade top 5 IMO

Individual achievements

Kobe Bryant:

All NBA first team selections 11 times 15 total

NBA All-Defensive first team selections 9 times 12 total

Scoring leader 2
MVP 1
Finals MVP 2
81 points in one game (2nd best in NBA history)

Dwayne Wade:

All NBA first team selections 2 times 8 total

NBA All-Defensive first team selections 0 times 3 total

Scoring leader 1
MVP 0
Finals MVP 1

Anyone who thinks Dwade is or has ever been better than Kobe at any time EVER is a homer plain & simple.

rhymeratic
07-20-2014, 02:56 AM
D-Wade fanboys are some of the worst. Anyone who watched the NBA legitimately from like 1990+ knows Wade is NOT top 5 SG. This dude put up bogus stats and got the benefit of the removal of handcheck rule and played with transcendent players in Shaq and Lebron. Highly overrated. Its not to say I dont appreciate his accomplishments but seriously he was never THAT good.

Comparing him to Kobe is comparing an ant to a boot.

Jesse2272
07-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Not happening

Hed hav to hitch a ride outside of MIA

FlashBolt
07-20-2014, 01:23 PM
D-Wade fanboys are some of the worst. Anyone who watched the NBA legitimately from like 1990+ knows Wade is NOT top 5 SG. This dude put up bogus stats and got the benefit of the removal of handcheck rule and played with transcendent players in Shaq and Lebron. Highly overrated. Its not to say I dont appreciate his accomplishments but seriously he was never THAT good.

Comparing him to Kobe is comparing an ant to a boot.

And Kobe never played with a transcendent player? That Shaq Wade played with was not "transcendent." I'm with you in terms of comparing Wade to Kobe but Wade wasn't a scrub.

Pablonovi
07-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Kobe Second best 2 Guard all time

Wade top 5 IMO

Individual achievements

Kobe Bryant:

All NBA first team selections 11 times 15 total

NBA All-Defensive first team selections 9 times 12 total

Scoring leader 2
MVP 1
Finals MVP 2
81 points in one game (2nd best in NBA history)

Dwayne Wade:

All NBA first team selections 2 times 8 total

NBA All-Defensive first team selections 0 times 3 total

Scoring leader 1
MVP 0
Finals MVP 1

Anyone who thinks Dwade is or has ever been better than Kobe at any time EVER is a homer plain & simple.

Hey knick bag,
And THE THING is:
DWade has played his whole career with Kobe in the League; so it's a straight up, head-to-head comparison. Every year that DWade was NOT ALL-NBA 1st-Team, (in other wades EVERY YEAR except twice), it was because Kobe was better than him that year. Further, the only two years in his 11 year career that DWade was voted ALL-NBA 1st-Team, SO WAS KOBE. So Kobe has beaten/ranked higher than DWade about 8 times/years; DWade has been beaten/ranked high than Kobe ZERO years; and there were two years when they were "tied" - though this does not tell us if and who was better those two years: 09 and 10 (though both years Kobe led his team to the Finals and DWade did not).
That's near total-dominance - end the debate right there.

Jamiecballer
07-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Hey knick bag,
And THE THING is:
DWade has played his whole career with Kobe in the League; so it's a straight up, head-to-head comparison. Every year that DWade was NOT ALL-NBA 1st-Team, (in other wades EVERY YEAR except twice), it was because Kobe was better than him that year. Further, the only two years in his 11 year career that DWade was voted ALL-NBA 1st-Team, SO WAS KOBE. So Kobe has beaten/ranked higher than DWade about 8 times/years; DWade has been beaten/ranked high than Kobe ZERO years; and there were two years when they were "tied" - though this does not tell us if and who was better those two years: 09 and 10 (though both years Kobe led his team to the Finals and DWade did not).
That's near total-dominance - end the debate right there.
I think the premise of the thread assumes that Wade plays at a very high level for a considerable time to come after Kobe has retired. At no point has anyone ever suggested Kobe hasn't had the better career. At least I don't believe they have.

Pablonovi
07-20-2014, 05:46 PM
I think the premise of the thread assumes that Wade plays at a very high level for a considerable time to come after Kobe has retired. At no point has anyone ever suggested Kobe has had the better career. At least I don't believe they have.

Hey Jamiecballer,
Not that it's all that important - it certainly is NOT; but I think you're wrong here.
1) I think the OP believes (or wants to believe) that DWade is already NOT that far behind Kobe;

2) I don't think anybody (including the OP) feels that DWade has lots of years (beyond Kobe's retirement - and he's still "scheduled" to play 2 more years at least) of elite-level play left in him;

3) More than one (though not many) posts in this very thread have posited that DWade is already close or even, already better than Kobe.

P&GRealist
07-20-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't even think Wade is top 20, while Kobe is already top 10.