PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams: Redemption or Moderation?

Redrum187
07-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I use to love Deron Williams and felt, at one time, he was arguably the best PG in the league. Since going to NJ/Brooklyn, he has steadily declined from solid superstar to solid PG. I sincerely hope he is able to return to at least an 18/3/8 with solid offensive efficiency numbers. Could you envision Deron getting healthy enough to pull these types of numbers again or do you think he will be a solid PG in between an okay player and an all star caliber player?

(I feel I always have to ask fans of teams to NOT be disrespectful to other fan bases and actually stick to the thread topic, please!)

jayjay33
07-16-2014, 09:06 PM
I use to love Deron Williams and felt, at one time, he was arguably the best PG in the league. Since going to NJ/Brooklyn, he has steadily declined from solid superstar to solid PG. I sincerely hope he is able to return to at least an 18/3/8 with solid offensive efficiency numbers. Could you envision Deron getting healthy enough to pull these types of numbers again or do you think he will be a solid PG in between an okay player and an all star caliber player?

(I feel I always have to ask fans of teams to NOT be disrespectful to other fan bases and actually stick to the thread topic, please!)

Nope not gonna happen. Deron has the same problem Baron Davis did. All there problems can be traced back to always being to heavy. Which is what leads to all their physical problems.

IndyRealist
07-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Has he actually been that bad? I don't watch the Nets but his stat line seems decent and his shooting percentages are above average. He's not worth his contract, but he's not a bad player.

Confusious
07-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Always been overrated.

Greedy22
07-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Never understood the hype honestly

Shady66
07-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Always been overrated.
Not true, when cp3 was in new orleans, Nash was in phoenix and dwill in utah, you could pick either one of those three (though most people argued about cp3 and Nash) but dwill was so important to that team. I don't know if he can come back, watching in last years playoffs Shaun Livingston looked at least 10x better. Injuries are a *****. Maybe a new coach can get him into the right mentality but I doubt it

JEDean89
07-16-2014, 09:48 PM
prime williams would have totally changed the outcome of the nets, unfortunately Deron is getting old and his ankles are ****. he and amare should have teamed up.

Hotone1401
07-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Nope not gonna happen. Deron has the same problem Baron Davis did. All there problems can be traced back to always being to heavy. Which is what leads to all their physical problems.

I get your point but please don't ever compare someone like Deron to B-Diddy. Baron was more athletic, more skilled, could play in the post, and was an actual scoring threat. Deron is complete trash. The guy can't finish or hit a shot. Deron was just a product of Sloan's system and seriously one of the most overrated PG's ever.

SILVER SEAVER
07-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Stick the fork in that turkey.......he's done yet he'll still collect a hefty paycheck. Let's see if he comes into training camp pushing 260 lbs.

SILVER SEAVER
07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Why would any player who plays the point guard position ever just let their body go to the point they are overweight and end up killing their knees and ankles is beyond me.

Redrum187
07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Stick the fork in that turkey.......he's done yet he'll still collect a hefty paycheck. Let's see if he comes into training camp pushing 260 lbs.

LOL

I shouldn't be laughing (that is pretty harsh)... come on. :p

3ballbomber
07-16-2014, 10:27 PM
D-Will considered one of the big names in the league - this is what makes him an average PG. He doesn;t quite live up to his name. If he was just a regular name then he would be a solid PG. But spite of all this it doesn't take away from the fact that he is a chucker. It's do or die w/ him. He can either shoot you into or out of a game. He needs a coach that can discipline him and put him in line. He can't run a much out there - it just doesn't bode well.

TheNumber37
07-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Lionel Hollins is his coach.

This is a guy that couldn't handle Avery Johnson.

I'd say with no one to pass to and nothing to play for... He 's right in the middle of his contract with 2 increases on the way...

Joe Johnson also has another 45 mil to collect over the next two... KG is playing for 12 mil with a no trade clause in year 19 at 38 years old going on 39...
The nets aren't looking to great

SILVER SEAVER
07-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Lionel Hollins is his coach.

This is a guy that couldn't handle Avery Johnson.

I'd say with no one to pass to and nothing to play for... He 's right in the middle of his contract with 2 increases on the way...

Joe Johnson also has another 45 mil to collect over the next two... KG is playing for 12 mil with a no trade clause in year 19 at 38 years old going on 39...
The nets aren't looking to great

And not to mention they are stuck in Luxury Tax Hell.

jimm120
07-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Deron has merely been serviceable since joining the nets. Flaws every year.

In year 1 (half a year only), he got tons of assists, but his shooting fell to the 30's and his turnovers were sky high.

In year 2, his turnovers improved but his assists also fell back done to 8 or so . Shooting percentage was still low.

Year 3 was pretty much year two, but with tons of injuries. His numbers went down.

Year 4...Shaun Livingston was the starter. Deron was just putrid, though he got a bit better towards the end.

Still, he just doesn't have it anymore. He doesn't have a consistent shot. He can't drive. He doesn't have many moves or mobility.

And doesn't he still have

2014-15
2015-16
2016-17

.???

I know joe Johnson has 2 years and think deron has m1 more year.

kingsdelez24
07-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Try playing with multiple bone spurs and messed up ligamwnts in both ankles. He finally got surgery so this year he should start getting back to much better numbers

prokywoodywilps
07-17-2014, 12:02 AM
Year before last the Nets won 49 games Deron Williams played like an all star in second Half of season, he was healthy.
If the ankles surgeries get him healthy, he can be top 10 pg.
If Brook comes back healthy, Nets are better than they were when they won 49.
Go ahead, sleep on them, you will all be surprised.

Don't want to hear from Bull fan, Rose is even more of question mark, hasn't played good in 2 full years

Mr.B
07-17-2014, 12:03 AM
When Williams was in Utah he was definitely considered right there with Chris Paul as one of the top two young PG's in the league. Its been amazing to see how much he has digressed since joining the Nets. I do think he can get back or at least close to his old form. It may take a change of scenery though. In Utah there was nothing to do but focus on basketball. In Brooklyn he has way too many distractions. There is a ton of things to do and people that want his attention that it seems to have distracted him from the time he use to spend working on his game and his body.