PDA

View Full Version : What teams are winners and losers this offseason?

nyKnicks126
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
So, just a simple question.. What teams are winners and losers so far this offseason?

Winners:
Cleveland (obvious reasons)
Mavericks
Hornets
Wizards
Bulls (McBuckets) and a quality signing -Pau Gasol

Losers:
Rockets

Please share your winners and losers thus far here.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
I'd add Miami as a loser as well. They salvaged pretty well, but they lost LeBron.

chi-townlove1
07-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Your missing the bulls biggest addition - niko mirotic

chi-townlove1
07-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Pacers losers. Miami losers.

nyKnicks126
07-16-2014, 12:41 PM
I wanted to add Miami, but I would cause a major disturbance amongst heat "fans" in this forum... but on the other hand I think half of the heat "fans" are Cavs fans now so..

Hellcrooner
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
*counting draft and trades
So far ( this is not over)

+Knicks,Sixers,Magic,Hornets,Bulls,Bucks,Cavs,Jazz ,Mavs
-Nets,Heat,Pistons*,Pacers,Lakers,thunder,Rockets
=Raptors,Celtics,Wizards,Hawks,CLippers,Suns,Kings ,Warriors,Wolves,Nuggets,Trailblazers,Spurs,Grizzl ies, Pelicans

*if Monroe walks.

DaBossLaker04
07-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Lakers are losers as well. So far our only bright spot of the off season is Julius randle and maybe Clarkson. Other than that we over paid Jordan hill. Lost pau. Missed out on every big free agent (melo, Stephenson, Thomas, Parsons, etc) I will say signing Nick Young for only 5 mil a year isn't bad. Just to many years I believe. And we lost Farmar to the clippers

Hardaway Here
07-16-2014, 12:48 PM
You can call Miami losers because of the loss of LBJ even though that would apply to any team that lost the best player in the game today. I'd say they rebounded alright from it. Of course we won't really be able to say how big of a loss it was until the season starts.

goingfor28
07-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Your missing the bulls biggest addition - niko mirotic
He hasn't played over here yet. I'd like to at least see him in the nba a but before declaring him a huge addition

Kenny Powders
07-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I think the Raps being able to manage to keep Lowry means they are a winner, if it's even a slight win

Hellcrooner
07-16-2014, 01:07 PM
You can call Miami losers because of the loss of LBJ even though that would apply to any team that lost the best player in the game today. I'd say they rebounded alright from it. Of course we won't really be able to say how big of a loss it was until the season starts.

So explain to me.

You lost your 100 dollars bill in lebron.
And added a 20 bucks bill in Deng.

i think you LOST 80 bucks in the process....

bcc
07-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Rockets are everyone's popular choice but if they land Boozer, it'll be Parsons gone (and way overpaid, BTW) and Ariza and Carlos Boozer in. Speculation of course but if that happens, you can make a case they're an improved team at the forward position.
The Lakers; LeBron didn't even consider 'em. Anthony did but his final two ended up being CHI and the Knicks. Lost Pau Gasol and Lance Stephenson didn't come. They had money to spend the entire off season but in the end, no one wanted to take it.
And on top of all that, PHX has their #1 pick next season.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM
It's funny how you guys say we lost most our "fans" when in fact we regained most of our veteran posters we lost through the whole big 3 ordeal. If anything we're more active now then we have been the past years... Quit talking out your ***** and worry about your own teams

LTBaByyy
07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Winners:

Cavs
Mavs
Hornets
Wizards

Losers:

Lakers
Rockets
Knicks

Yes the Heat lost Lebron James and that is horrible, but instead of Bosh going to Houston and Wade going to Chicago they got them back and a motivated Luol Deng to prove his worth that he still has it. They could still easily be a 3-5 seed in the East.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Losers:

Lakers: I thought they were gonna have Melo, LeBron and Love right now ;)
Miami: They made out great for losing LeBron, but you don't lose the best player in the world and not lose
Pacers: Lost Lance, haven't done anything else
Nets/Thunder: I don't think they're "losing", but they're more or less standing pat while other teams are adding
Rockets: Losing Parsons hurts, but they still have a promising future...they still have plenty of time to make it work

Winners:

Cleveland: duh
Hornets: Lance and some added depth, Vonleh falling really was great
Bulls: maybe not as much as they wanted, but imrpoved nonethless
Dallas: definitely improved their roster a ton
Pellies: Added Asik and a good deal of depth

The rest more or less are trending in the same direction. Including the PHI/MLW/ORL/UTA/BOS rebuilding group, who all did fine but only time will tell if those draft picks pay off.

Knicks were tough. They kept Melo, didn't get better really...but at least they've preserved future cap space. Their patience is a good thing...not that their cap space allows them to be anything but patient.

cdnsportsfan
07-16-2014, 01:17 PM
WINNERS (so far)
Cavs
Mavs
Hornets
Wizards
Bulls
Raptors - kept a star player in town while he was being courted elsewhere, huge as that generally doesn't happen for this franchise. Also added depth to their young core.

LOSERS
Rockets
Pacers
Lakers
Knicks - got Melo resigned but paired him with nobody, and still have monster contracts in Bargs and Stoudamire
Heat - although they retained Bosh and made the "most important signing" in franchise history in Deng, they didn't improve overall (after they talked a huge game heading into the offseason)

kdspurman
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Just cause I haven't seen em' brought up yet :)... Spurs are winners for resigning Diaw & Mills, bringing Pop back and adding Messina to the coaching staff.

I agree with general consensus that I've seen, but still some time left for teams to make some moves. But I do think sometimes (unless they're obvious like Lebron to the Cavs) we judge teams based off guys they add before even seeing them play together. You can add all these top named free agents and it doesn't translate to much once the season starts as we've seen before. I guess it's still fun to grade/debate though.

And I think Miami rebounded fairly well for losing Lebron. I almost feel it's wrong to call them losers for it, but wouldn't call them winners either. Sort of in between.

I am happy to see the Eastern Conf teams improving though, that's for sure.

labor2millions7
07-29-2014, 12:31 PM
the cavaliers so far are the winners of this free agency...

jaydubb
07-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Cavs and mavs are winners. Rockets and heat are losers IMO

b_russ
07-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Blazers are winners.

jerellh528
07-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Rockets are losers. Mavs are winners

Thumper 88
07-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Cavs and mavs are winners. Rockets and heat are losers IMO

100% agree

Cavs got lebron

Mavs got Dirk @8.3m + Tyson + Parsons

InRoseWeTrust
07-29-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm not going to count Cavs or Heat, because any time the best player in the word changes teams there's a clear cut winner/loser.

That being said, Houston definitely "lost" this offseason. Losing a first just to move Lin just to eventually wind up with Ariza (on an overpay) is no bueno. I would say Mavs have had a nice off season, as well as the Spurs. I think it was important for SAS to retain their talent and they did so.

InRoseWeTrust
07-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Blazers are winners.

Kaman and Blake? Very meh in my opinion.

king4day
07-29-2014, 01:28 PM
If the Wolves trade Love and wind up with Wiggins AND Thaddeus Young? I'd put them in the winner category too. They get younger with nice upside.

king4day
07-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Hornets are getting love here and def deserve it. Adding a quality backup PG in Roberts and Stephenson were excellent pickups. Not sure about Williams yet.
They also had a very good draft.

MTar786
07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
winners

cavs
mavs
bulls

losers

heat
lakers
pacers
rockets

Goose17
07-29-2014, 02:17 PM
I'll say my Warriors broke even, for now. Although the addition of Alvin Gentry and Ron Adams to the assistants chair is mostly win.

Teams in the east won, Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, Charlotte. Many winners out east.

Spanklin
07-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Warriors. They didn't add anything, botched the K-Love trade, and likely ticked Klay off in the process. The team is old and prone to injury. How do you fill your salary with a team that can't get past the first round?

Wasted summer.

jaydubb
07-29-2014, 07:55 PM
winners

cavs
mavs
bulls

losers

heat
lakers
pacers
rockets

This is actually my full list as well pretty much

bucketss
07-29-2014, 08:10 PM
losers: rockets, im rooting for them though, ridiculous how much hate this team receives lol.

winners: cavs, lebron nuff said.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Losers:

Lakers: I thought they were gonna have Melo, LeBron and Love right now ;)
Miami: They made out great for losing LeBron, but you don't lose the best player in the world and not lose
Pacers: Lost Lance, haven't done anything else
Nets/Thunder: I don't think they're "losing", but they're more or less standing pat while other teams are adding
Rockets: Losing Parsons hurts, but they still have a promising future...they still have plenty of time to make it work

Winners:

Cleveland: duh
Hornets: Lance and some added depth, Vonleh falling really was great
Bulls: maybe not as much as they wanted, but imrpoved nonethless
Dallas: definitely improved their roster a ton
Pellies: Added Asik and a good deal of depth

The rest more or less are trending in the same direction. Including the PHI/MLW/ORL/UTA/BOS rebuilding group, who all did fine but only time will tell if those draft picks pay off.

Knicks were tough. They kept Melo, didn't get better really...but at least they've preserved future cap space. Their patience is a good thing...not that their cap space allows them to be anything but patient.

Melo is a bum, he would have ****ed us over for years. I'm glad he stood in NY to rot away. I'll be sad if we strike out next year tho.

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Winners:
Spurs
Bulls
Hornets
Clippers
Grizzlies
Raptors

CONTINUITY BABY

Question Marks:
Mavericks
Cavs
Heat

Must see how these teams will gel. Obviously Cave added Lebron. Mavs made a lot of moves. Heat are whole new squad.

Who knows.

Losers:
Daryl Morey
Pacers

goingfor28
07-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Clippers win just by being freed from DTS