PDA

View Full Version : Someone's argument to me: LeBron ruining his legacy

P&GRealist
07-16-2014, 12:02 AM
A friend of mine who is a Heat fan told me that LeBron is ruining his legacy. He says that after chasing after and teaming up with at the time 2nd best player in the league in Wade and top 15 player in Bosh, LeBron hurt his legacy. Now he's hurting his legacy even more by teaming up with 3 #1 overall picks in Kyrie, Bennett and Wiggins.

I don't agree with him, but anyone agree with my buddies' notion?

Does his argument hold any credence or is he just a prisoner of the moment who is sore that LeBron left his team?

goingfor28
07-16-2014, 12:03 AM
Your buddy is a damn fool. Going back to cleveland easily raised his legacy

Game_Over
07-16-2014, 12:06 AM
With most people they think it's great and it will improve his legacy. With me I think he knew Wade is washed up and Cleveland is and will get even better than Miami.

jerellh528
07-16-2014, 12:09 AM
If he brings a ring to Cleveland, his legacy is fine as far as I'm concerned. Good thing he didn't team up with another all star team though.

jerellh528
07-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Him winning a ring in Cleveland would put him in an elite group of players to have won a ring in their prime with a completely new team makeup and cast around them. Like Kobe winning with shaq and co, then years later with gasol and co. Actually I can't think of another player to do that

Crackadalic
07-16-2014, 12:13 AM
If he brings a title to Cleveland his legacy with skyrocket as the man who ended the drought

P&GRealist
07-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Him winning a ring in Cleveland would put him in an elite group of players to have won a ring in their prime with a completely new team makeup and cast around them. Like Kobe winning with shaq and co, then years later with gasol and co. Actually I can't think of another player to do that

Michael (w/ Scottie) and the Horace, Paxson, BJs of the worlds. Then Michael (w/ Scottie) and the Harpers, Rodmans, Kukoc and Longley's of the world.

ricky recon
07-16-2014, 12:15 AM
It's kind of weird talking about legacies of someone who has a lot to play left, but it is LeBron, so I'll bite.

I don't think this will negative effect his legacy. He's going back to his home town and they didn't make the playoffs in the damn East, regardless of how "stacked" people make the team out to be.

P&GRealist
07-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Your buddy is a damn fool. Going back to cleveland easily raised his legacy

Unfortunately, yes. Dude just trashed his Bron heat jersey. I told him that it was a dumb thing to do. He's gotta be prisoner of the moment.

Jeffy25
07-16-2014, 12:17 AM

Horry :p

jerellh528
07-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Michael (w/ Scottie) and the Horace, Paxson, BJs of the worlds. Then Michael (w/ Scottie) and the Harpers, Rodmans, Kukoc and Longley's of the world.

True, I guess since he's always had pippen it completely didn't cross my mind.
This is a cool chart that shows his teammates.

http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/teammates.htm

Kaner
07-16-2014, 12:24 AM

Kareem, Duncan, and maybe Wade come to mind

jerellh528
07-16-2014, 12:27 AM
Kareem, Duncan, and maybe Wade come to mind

I'm an idiot

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Well he left his beat up super team for what will soon be a super team. We'll see how this team turns out. Lebrons only going to win if he has the best team.

ricky recon
07-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Anyone is only going to win if they have the best team.

Am I right or am I right?

5ass
07-16-2014, 12:48 AM
Well he left his beat up super team for what will soon be a super team. We'll see how this team turns out. Lebrons only going to win if he has the best team.
To you, "We'll see how this team turns out"= if they do good, we'll say Lebron has too much help.

Let's face it, your opinion on anything Lebron related is biased.

OP, I'd say most people agree that this move was the best for his "legacy". There will always be one or two idiots that say otherwise...

Also would like to add Shaq to the list of people who won rings on completely diff teams.

Dade County
07-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Maybe Wade? lmao

Tony_Starks
07-16-2014, 12:56 AM
If he could start going to the Finals routinely with a entirely different cast (which isnt a allstar team) from the ground up that definitely would put him in the elite of the elite.

I think even those that hold the super team fiasco against him would have to give props.

Bring The Heat
07-16-2014, 12:59 AM
Well see if the cavs turn out to be a Good team and if that's the case Lebron has too much help lol.. Apparently the team has to become an 8th seed barely make .500 and LeBron has to go superman and score all the points while every other teammate sucks and miraculously win a championship.. illusionist just admit your stance on Lebron is too biased for you formulate a respectable opinion.. It's quite obvious

Hotone1401
07-16-2014, 01:09 AM
A friend of mine who is a Heat fan told me that LeBron is ruining his legacy. He says that after chasing after and teaming up with at the time 2nd best player in the league in Wade and top 15 player in Bosh, LeBron hurt his legacy. Now he's hurting his legacy even more by teaming up with 3 #1 overall picks in Kyrie, Bennett and Wiggins.

Does his argument hold any credence or is he just a prisoner of the moment who is sore that LeBron left his team?

You should've known your friend was an idiot when he said Wade as the 2nd best player in the league.

Nikeman
07-16-2014, 01:47 AM
I know for a fact I will be in the minority and be called a LeBron hater, but I will actually root for him and the city of Cleveland to do well if Miami is out.

Let's be real though, if Cleveland gets Love, they will have the best big 3 in the NBA for the next 5 years, LeBron, Kyrie, and Love. At the same time, the team is loaded with young talent, Waitors, Tristan Thompson etc etc, and has some quality players in Anderson Varejao. ( I am assuming Wiggins/Bennett get traded for Love).

LeBron left Miami to go to a better situation (Cleveland), for his long-term future. LeBron is quoted assaying he is a business man, and lets be real this is the BEST business decision he could have made. Provided Cleveland gets Love, they have a championship caliber roster from Day 1, and LeBron gets credit for bringing a title to Cleveland, his home town loves him, and Nike markets the crap out of his remaining 4-5 years of prime basketball.

Lets be real guys, LeBron left Miami to go to a better situation. It just turned out to be Cleveland. The sad part is, its not Cleveland management that was able to get Cleveland all this quality young talent, it was the NBA gifting Cleveland three # 1 picks in four years. The time they picked when they weren't #1? They had the 4th pick. 4 years after LeBron left, all 4 years they picked in the top 4, and three of the years they pickest 1st. Obviously they will have quality talent.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, I will give LeBron credit for one thing, if he doesn't go there, Love doesn't commit long term to Cleveland so they never get the Big 3 formed, and ring chasers like Mike Miller and probably Ray Allen also don't go to Cleveland, so if Cleveland does win, LeBron should get significant credit due to the sheet fact the roster Cleveland was able to create was due to the fact that he went there in the first place.

Crackadalic
07-16-2014, 02:24 AM

Well the best team are suppose to win titles. What is lebron suppose to win with scrubs?

P&GRealist
07-16-2014, 02:49 AM
I know for a fact I will be in the minority and be called a LeBron hater, but I will actually root for him and the city of Cleveland to do well if Miami is out.

Let's be real though, if Cleveland gets Love, they will have the best big 3 in the NBA for the next 5 years, LeBron, Kyrie, and Love. At the same time, the team is loaded with young talent, Waitors, Tristan Thompson etc etc, and has some quality players in Anderson Varejao. ( I am assuming Wiggins/Bennett get traded for Love).

LeBron left Miami to go to a better situation (Cleveland), for his long-term future. LeBron is quoted assaying he is a business man, and lets be real this is the BEST business decision he could have made. Provided Cleveland gets Love, they have a championship caliber roster from Day 1, and LeBron gets credit for bringing a title to Cleveland, his home town loves him, and Nike markets the crap out of his remaining 4-5 years of prime basketball.

Lets be real guys, LeBron left Miami to go to a better situation. It just turned out to be Cleveland. The sad part is, its not Cleveland management that was able to get Cleveland all this quality young talent, it was the NBA gifting Cleveland three # 1 picks in four years. The time they picked when they weren't #1? They had the 4th pick. 4 years after LeBron left, all 4 years they picked in the top 4, and three of the years they pickest 1st. Obviously they will have quality talent.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, I will give LeBron credit for one thing, if he doesn't go there, Love doesn't commit long term to Cleveland so they never get the Big 3 formed, and ring chasers like Mike Miller and probably Ray Allen also don't go to Cleveland, so if Cleveland does win, LeBron should get significant credit due to the sheet fact the roster Cleveland was able to create was due to the fact that he went there in the first place.

I want to see Wiggins flourish under Bron and hey, you never know, in 5-7 yrs from now Bron will be ready to pass on the torch to him, both best player in the league stature wise and Cavs franchise player wise. Would be cool to see. I hope they keep Wiggins. K-LOve is great, but he isn't the end all be all. Teams have won championships without Kevin Love on their roster. Bron has won titles without Kevin Love on his team.

Kyben36
07-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Im going to put this as easy as possible, NO he did not, because his legacy was already tarnished, whether or not he left and one 6 more rings in miami, people would judge him based on his actions of going to miami in the first place, whether or not he stayed or not, going back to cleveland gives him a slight boost in that its his home town, but yes, people will allways call him a ring chaser because now he is teaming up with Kyrie and Wiggins ( im counting bennet out of your friends discusion becuase bennet is an under sized un coordinated player who will never average more than 10 ppg In this league IMO). but, IMO, it will also be Kyrie Lebron and Love in the end, still being that big 3 that lebron needs.

the fact is if he left or not he was always a ring chaser. going back to Cleveland gives him a slight pat on the back for good faith, but he was never going to get over the decisions, it will be his little asterisk throughout his career. cleveland just clearly gives him the best shot both now and in the future. HE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

GoferKing_
07-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Jason Williams. xD

3ballbomber
07-16-2014, 06:14 AM
He forever stained his legacy in 2010 and then in 2014 when he chose to bolt once more. This going home facade is transparent. Quote me on it, when things get rough in 3-4 yrs he'll be gone again. I feel sorry for the young cats in Cleveland having this guy be there leader. We've all seen how he betrayed his team mates in 2010 and again in 2014 - both times shocked w/ him leaving and left a bad taste in their mouths and the organization. He's only loyal to himself & his manipulators & handlers LRMR.

Here's a good article by Kareem that sums up everything:

http://time.com/2977353/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers/

IndyRealist
07-16-2014, 08:42 AM
If he brings a title to Cleveland his legacy with skyrocket as the man who ended the drought

This. Lebron gets a ring in Cleveland, they'll appoint him king and become a monarchy. The bottom line is, the Decision did a whole lot of damage to his "legacy" and this is really the only way to repair it, by full out admitting it was a mistake and going back to Cleveland. He's where he can possibly win championships, where his family wants him, and Cleveland can give him max money for the rest of his career. Win, win, win.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 09:23 AM
"LeBron's only going to win if he has the best team"

Is that even an insult? What does that mean?!?!

Winning in Cleveland > Winning in Miami at this point. Bringing a ring to Cleveland would do far more wonders for his legacy than winning a third in Miami.

cvburg
07-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Now mind u I have disliked lebron since high school(best player in world now) his legacy to me is I just want him to be a man of his word...he left cleveland ok...he was in miami...I would have respected him more had he stayed in miami ("were gonna win 1 2 3 4....) the second that wade and bosh start declining he jumped ship...this is the crap why I respect the hell outta duncan, dirk, wade even. My buddy also said "let him go where he wants, he doesnt owe anything to a fan base"...I disagree with that too, I know its a business and fanbases with move, jump and you will always have one. I guess if I had a legacy(just my opinion), I would want the likes of a guy who made his team that drafted him make me like a god in thier city, not burn my jersey when I left town..

KnicksorBust
07-16-2014, 10:42 AM
He left a team that went to 4 straight finals to play for a team that went to 4 straight lotteries. Yeah he's ring-chasing. :laugh:

FYL_McVeezy
07-16-2014, 10:58 AM

I disagree with your friend. Cleveland is the only place he could have went to where the "team hopping" argument doesn't apply. Tell him to read the SI piece. LBJ made this move back home much bigger than just returning to the Cavs.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-16-2014, 11:13 AM
People actually think Cleveland is a better supporting cast than Miami? Wow, Wade and Bosh have really become criminally underrated if that is the case.

It is amazing how everyone thinks Lebron was doing everything on his own in Miami. Wade and Bosh clearly sacraficed volume for efficiency for the team. Its a no brainer. Wade will prove to be a top 10 overall player this year once again and Bosh will prove to be a top 5 offensive big man.

Kyrie Irving doesn't sniff that and Wiggins has yet to play an NBA game. There is potential in Cleveland, but lets not act like this supporting cast comes anywhere close to what Lebron had in Miami with Wade, Bosh, and all those solid veteran role players. Some of you guys are delusional if you think otherwise or are just prisoners of the moment.

And Wade is 33 years old. People act like he is 40. He and Bosh are going to ball out this year. Miami will be a top 4 seed in the East.

So will the Cavs... because Lebron is that good. But his supporting cast isn't on par with what he had in Miami and probably won't be for another 2-3 years at least. Lebron wasn't ring chasing. He went home simple as that. If he wanted to ring chase some more he would have either re-signed with Miami for another 2-3 years or signed with a team like Houston or LAC. Returning to Cleveland is not even close to ring chasing.

JustinTime
07-16-2014, 11:45 AM
I won't respect his legacy until he wins rings in Toronto, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Orleans, Orlando, and Charlotte

ccugrad1
07-16-2014, 11:54 AM
I have always believed with LeBron that when he was a Free Agent the first time, he saw Cleveland didn't have the talent to go to the NBA Finals, so he got with Wade and Bosh and went to Miami where he won his championships that he craved. I personally think he never wanted to leave Cleveland, but the team just wasn't good enough.

Now, he re-signed with Cleveland because he sees a team capable of good things-- Tristian Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Dion Waiters, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett (if he can improve anything). I think he saw Miami as a team getting old and it was time to move on.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 12:03 PM
He left a team that went to 4 straight finals to play for a team that went to 4 straight lotteries. Yeah he's ring-chasing. :laugh:

Yeah. It's pretty crazy to accuse him of that.

I do think LeBron in Cleveland has a better future than LeBron in Miami would have, but this is not an easy path at all. I think him being very explicit about that says all that needs to be said. He went to Miami and expected championships galore. He went back to Cleveland and said "we're not there yet".

But he left the better team in the present for a team that assuredly is a project and far too young and inexperienced to win now. It might be something, but it's not ring chasing.

ink
07-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Yeah. It's pretty crazy to accuse him of that.

I do think LeBron in Cleveland has a better future than LeBron in Miami would have, but this is not an easy path at all. I think him being very explicit about that says all that needs to be said. He went to Miami and expected championships galore. He went back to Cleveland and said "we're not there yet".

But he left the better team in the present for a team that assuredly is a project and far too young and inexperienced to win now. It might be something, but it's not ring chasing.

I think it's the one year opt out that keeps the ring chasing suspicions alive, not the current CLE roster.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I think it's the one year opt out that keeps the ring chasing suspicions alive, not the current CLE roster.

Yeah. I also think it's pretty darn clear that the only reason his contract is like that is for more money in the future. Because for the 3rd time in his career he's signed a contract for less money than he could get. The new NBA TV deal will kick in and he can sign a full max for the first time ever...for a boatload of money.

That letter was WAY too "I'm committed to Cleveland" for him to not stick it out. But, like the talks before he left Miami, we might as well not worry about that until it happens.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 01:14 PM

Well the best team are suppose to win titles. What is lebron suppose to win with scrubs?

What I'm saying is Lebron has yet to win a ship Without being the favorite, but has lost as the favorite multiple times.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 01:16 PM
What I'm saying is Lebron has yet to win a ship Without being the favorite, but has lost as the favorite multiple times.

*once

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 01:16 PM
He forever stained his legacy in 2010 and then in 2014 when he chose to bolt once more. This going home facade is transparent. Quote me on it, when things get rough in 3-4 yrs he'll be gone again. I feel sorry for the young cats in Cleveland having this guy be there leader. We've all seen how he betrayed his team mates in 2010 and again in 2014 - both times shocked w/ him leaving and left a bad taste in their mouths and the organization. He's only loyal to himself & his manipulators & handlers LRMR.

Here's a good article by Kareem that sums up everything:

http://time.com/2977353/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers/

This, Lebron only cares about himself.

Chronz
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM

LOL. Technically you're wrong but I dont got to tell you that, PLENTY of people have already informed you of the fact that both the Thunder AND the Spurs were technically "favored".

More importantly, why do you cling to such a projection system ( a formula you have absolutely no clue about, might I add) when reality is far more telling? LOL, you definitely miss your boy amos because ur hate game needs a refresher course. Step it up bro

JustinTime
07-16-2014, 01:23 PM
This, Lebron only cares about himself.

Obviously, his 2 year deal only has an opt out so he can get more money. The man has made what $500 million and a $88 million deal isn't enough for him? Greedy bastard.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 01:23 PM

*once

08-09
09-10
10-11
13-14 was even and he delivered the worst finals lost in history.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM

generally how it works....

ManRam
07-16-2014, 01:27 PM
08-09
09-10
10-11

Word. I thought we were just talking Finals.

Also, if LeBron only cares about himself I posit this question: do you think he even cares about himself as much as you care about him?

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 01:39 PM
08-09
09-10
10-11

Word. I thought we were just talking Finals.

Also, if LeBron only cares about himself I posit this question: do you think he even cares about himself as much as you care about him?

Let's not forget that he has two bronze medals, which is pathetic when you're an American pro. The heat were favorites 4 straights seasons to start the season and only won 2/4, and to be honest they were one shot away from being 1/4.

Chronz
07-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Let's not forget that he has two bronze medals, which is pathetic when you're an American pro.
Sorry bro but this aint the 90's anymore.

The heat were favorites 4 straights seasons to start the season and only won 2/4, and to be honest they were one shot away from being 1/4.
But they did win 2/4. Bron was so impressive in victory that Larry Legend himself wonders if it was the best stretch of basketball hes ever seen. But hey, why listen to Larry when you have unsubstantiated claims from someone who doesn't understand basketball or statistics. The double whammy of truth.

Chronz
07-16-2014, 01:43 PM
And for **** sakes, whats that sig suppose to mean? You do realize that LOTS of players were deemed better ALL-AROUND players than MJ during his career, right?

How many times has Kobe/Duncan won a chip without being the favorite? How many times did he lose while being favored? How many times was that projection relevant?

5ass
07-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Poor dellusionist...

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Let's not forget that he has two bronze medals, which is pathetic when you're an American pro.
Sorry bro but this aint the 90's anymore.

The heat were favorites 4 straights seasons to start the season and only won 2/4, and to be honest they were one shot away from being 1/4.
But they did win 2/4. Bron was so impressive in victory that Larry Legend himself wonders if it was the best stretch of basketball hes ever seen. But hey, why listen to Larry when you have unsubstantiated claims from someone who doesn't understand basketball or statistics. The double whammy of truth.

What is the supposed to prove? USA basketball expects gold, anything less is an absolute failure. Lebron has 2 absolute failures on his resume. You're acting like getting to finals in the most pathetic conference in NBA history is worth something. He got demolished in two of those finals and got saved in a third. We'll since we're talking about legends quotes how about magic saying Kobe is better than himself? Which would rank Kobe top 5. Oh let me guess, this only applies to your stance.

MinnesotaFtw
07-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Well he left his beat up super team for what will soon be a super team. We'll see how this team turns out. Lebrons only going to win if he has the best team. best team always wins FYI

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 01:58 PM
And for **** sakes, whats that sig suppose to mean? You do realize that LOTS of players were deemed better ALL-AROUND players than MJ during his career, right?

How many times has Kobe/Duncan won a chip without being the favorite? How many times did he lose while being favored? How many times was that projection relevant?

Buckets said Lebron and Kareem are the two best players ever and magic and lebron areboth better all round players, I hope you don't agree...

Kobe was an underdog in 08-10 while LeBron was the favorite. Kobe happened to take down both of the teams that beat the favorite those years.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Let's not forget that he has two bronze medals, which is pathetic when you're an American pro. The heat were favorites 4 straights seasons to start the season and only won 2/4, and to be honest they were one shot away from being 1/4.

You didn't answer my question.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 02:02 PM

Please tell me who's these better all around players are.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 02:03 PM

You didn't answer my question.

And you didn't disprove me.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Buckets said Lebron and Kareem are the two best players ever and magic and lebron areboth better all round players, I hope you don't agree...

Kobe was an underdog in 08-10 while LeBron was the favorite. Kobe happened to take down both of the teams that beat the favorite those years.

did you seriously list LeBron's Cavs teams as the favorites?

Hawkeye15
07-16-2014, 02:12 PM

LeBron is a better all around player than KAJ was. Why? Because he has a much more versatile skill set. Does it make him more impactful, ie, the better player? Nope.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 02:18 PM

did you seriously list LeBron's Cavs teams as the favorites?

They were, why is it Kobe's teams weren't the favorite those years everyone had the Cavs beating the lakers in the finals.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2014, 02:19 PM

LeBron is a better all around player than KAJ was. Why? Because he has a much more versatile skill set. Does it make him more impactful, ie, the better player? Nope.

Better all around player than Jordan hawk not KAJ.

Chronz
07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
What is the supposed to prove? USA basketball expects gold, anything less is an absolute failure. Lebron has 2 absolute failures on his resume.
Its suppose to prove that the years of USA winning gold on talent alone are over. Surprised you're so lost on that. Sorry but I dont see much of a failure considering he barely played on 1 roster and was flanked by Duncan in another, sorry but Duncan failing in the same competition isn't the slight on his career you wish it were. Better to compete than not compete at all, ala Kobe.

You're acting like getting to finals in the most pathetic conference in NBA history is worth something.
In terms of NBA greatness, its worth more than FIBA play thats for sure. And would you please stop pretending like anyone cares about your grasp of NBA history.

He got demolished in two of those finals and got saved in a third. We'll since we're talking about legends quotes how about magic saying Kobe is better than himself? Which would rank Kobe top 5. Oh let me guess, this only applies to your stance.

LOL. Based on what?

As for your quote, I have Kobe ahead of Magic too but I have both outside my top 5. Was this suppose to go somewhere? My stance? My stance is that I'll take the word of a legend over unsubstantiated claims from a novice. LOL, you seem to think Im taking Bird at face value, I disagree that Bron was the most dominant player we've ever seen during that stretch, the purpose in mentioning him isn't to say I agree with him, its to say he disagrees with you.
Im not big on quoting players, I just favor them over empty arguments to show you the contrast in perception.

Troll on tho, ur picking it up now

Chronz
07-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Hondo/Pippen/Bird types.

LOL. Were you even born back then? The main thing people would argue is that so and so isn't at MJ's level, but hes a better all-around player. They even said that about his teammate, you know, that guy called Scottie Pippen.

The reason they said this was because Pippen was a better rebounder, passer/facilitator, defender (at times). He just wasn't the scorer that MJ was, and that counts for ALOT. But in terms of being an All-Around player, a subjective take like that is totally defensible. I really wish you would improve as a poster by acknowledging these facts.

False, come Finals. Kobe lost as the favorite vs the Celtics. How come you didn't answer the other 2 questions. The ones where I ask how often did he lose as the favorite and how often it mattered.

Holydiver
07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
With most people they think it's great and it will improve his legacy. With me I think he knew Wade is washed up and Cleveland is and will get even better than Miami.

exactly right. he stayed in Miami until he realized Wade was done so he ran back to play with young studs.

in most peoples eyes he will always be an opportunistic ring chaser.

TylerSL
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this story. The OP has been in alot of threads about Miami and he's been hanging in the Heat forum kind of talking down Heat fans and the Heat in general.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 03:09 PM
And you didn't disprove me.

I'm not really trying to :shrug:

Yes, he has two bronze medals. Yes, the Heat were favorites all 4 years. Yes, the "only" won two Finals. We know.

We also so how outrageously obsessed you are. It's almost unbelievable.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
They were, why is it Kobe's teams weren't the favorite those years everyone had the Cavs beating the lakers in the finals.

how were they the favorites? The Cavs that is.

ink
07-16-2014, 04:11 PM
What is the supposed to prove? USA basketball expects gold, anything less is an absolute failure. Lebron has 2 absolute failures on his resume.
Its suppose to prove that the years of USA winning gold on talent alone are over. Surprised you're so lost on that. Sorry but I dont see much of a failure considering he barely played on 1 roster and was flanked by Duncan in another, sorry but Duncan failing in the same competition isn't the slight on his career you wish it were. Better to compete than not compete at all, ala Kobe.

You're acting like getting to finals in the most pathetic conference in NBA history is worth something.
In terms of NBA greatness, its worth more than FIBA play thats for sure. And would you please stop pretending like anyone cares about your grasp of NBA history.

He got demolished in two of those finals and got saved in a third. We'll since we're talking about legends quotes how about magic saying Kobe is better than himself? Which would rank Kobe top 5. Oh let me guess, this only applies to your stance.

LOL. Based on what?

As for your quote, I have Kobe ahead of Magic too but I have both outside my top 5. Was this suppose to go somewhere? My stance? My stance is that I'll take the word of a legend over unsubstantiated claims from a novice. LOL, you seem to think Im taking Bird at face value, I disagree that Bron was the most dominant player we've ever seen during that stretch, the purpose in mentioning him isn't to say I agree with him, its to say he disagrees with you.
Im not big on quoting players, I just favor them over empty arguments to show you the contrast in perception.

Troll on tho, ur picking it up now

Hey chronz, you may not like what he posts but why the bully approach? If you have better facts, let them do the talking. Otherwise it looks like browbeating.

ink
07-16-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this story. The OP has been in alot of threads about Miami and he's been hanging in the Heat forum kind of talking down Heat fans and the Heat in general.

If you think it's a trolling thread lets close it.