PDA

View Full Version : Wizards a threat??

CELTICS4LYFE
07-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Are the Wizards a threat in the east??

Made it to the second round last year and kept their core together.

Think Pierce is an upgrade over Ariza FOR THEM. His experience, decision/playmaking n clutchness is something they were lacking last season in the playoffs.

Good balance of young guys n vets, think they are lacking a good scoring punch off the bench tho.

The top teams in the East have a lot of question marks this year, does Indy keep Lance? How do the Cavs gel? How does Rose bounce back? What are the Heat? Brooklyn is one huge question mark all together.....

So how do you think the Wizards fair in the East??

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Yes

nastynice
07-15-2014, 09:13 PM
My grandma would be a threat in the east. If you can walk and jump, and you have 5 people on the court, you're a threat in the east.

IversonIsKrazy
07-15-2014, 09:15 PM
They can be. But I think they will be a REAL threat and have a real chance of winning East if Wall & Beal continue to keep getting better and becomes stars.

balla345
07-15-2014, 09:21 PM
I still have the heat over them but it will be close

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 09:24 PM
They are a team to keep an eye on for sure!

CELTICS4LYFE
07-15-2014, 09:40 PM

Really??

king4day
07-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Top 4 for sure.
If some things go their way, they could represent the east in the finals this coming season.

j-bay
07-15-2014, 09:52 PM
We know about Wall and beal. I think Wall will make PP better then he was last season. He is a better shooter then Ariza. You got Gortat. The biggest ? I have is will Nene stay healthy. Humphries will replace Booker. Gooden and Miller return. Porter will get more playing time. Expect to see more of Rice Jr

Jamiecballer
07-15-2014, 09:53 PM
They are in a cluster of 5 including the Bulls, Pacers, Raptors, Wizards and Cavs that could all vie for the 5th seed as easily as 1st. Should be fun.

Sly Guy
07-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I have the cavs and the pacers (if they get their act together) over them still. I have them neck and neck or slightly ahead of my raps.

lincecum=future
07-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Absolutely. Really like their moves this offseason. If Wall and BB take a step forward they will be scary.

Houstons better
07-15-2014, 10:06 PM
They have a good chance. Nene has to stay healthy though. That 1, 2 punch of gortat and nene is great.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 10:08 PM
A threat to get in the second round and make some noise. No shame in that for them...

j-bay
07-15-2014, 10:09 PM
A threat to get in the second round and make some noise. No shame in that for them... They could get to the EC and make some noise.

Silent
07-15-2014, 10:13 PM
On Offense yes on Defense No, Still a great pick up for Washington

Dade County
07-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Are the Wizards a threat in the east??

Made it to the second round last year and kept their core together.

Think Pierce is an upgrade over Ariza FOR THEM. His experience, decision/playmaking n clutchness is something they were lacking last season in the playoffs.

Good balance of young guys n vets, think they are lacking a good scoring punch off the bench tho.

The top teams in the East have a lot of question marks this year, does Indy keep Lance? How do the Cavs gel? How does Rose bounce back? What are the Heat? Brooklyn is one huge question mark all together.....

So how do you think the Wizards fair in the East??

No.

j-bay
07-15-2014, 10:18 PM
On Offense yes on Defense No, Still a great pick up for Washington

I know you can replace Ariza's d. But having Pierce for 2 years, and the possibility getting Durant in 2 Yara is a good plan. Plus Porter cam make up for the missing defense a little bit.

j-bay
07-15-2014, 10:19 PM
No.

I think we beat you out for the SE.

shep33
07-15-2014, 10:22 PM
I think they're better than the Pacers

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 10:25 PM
No doubt

jason17
07-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Surprised by our moves. Wizards will be a 5-6 win improved team minus ariza qe have a better squad than we did last year and a very good chance peirce does better here than brooklyn.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 10:29 PM
They could get to the EC and make some noise.

Maybe if they play Indy or Cleveland in the second round. That's about it....

j-bay
07-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Maybe if they play Indy or Cleveland in the second round. That's about it....

If they lose Stephenson, I think we would have a shot

Dade County
07-15-2014, 11:15 PM

I am going to enjoy the season more, because I know it's going to be a good race in that division. But I still see the HEAT taking it.

But the perception will give fan bases hope, and thats what the league sales.

ATl, bobcats, Wiz & HEAT... The Magic will be a factor in another year.

j-bay
07-15-2014, 11:19 PM
I am going to enjoy the season more, because I know it's going to be a good race in that division. But I still see the HEAT taking it.

But the perception will give fan bases hope, and thats what the league sales.

ATl, bobcats, Wiz & HEAT... The Magic will be a factor in another year.

If the Hawks lose Al Hartford, its over for them division wise.

sixer04fan
07-15-2014, 11:22 PM
They're a threat in the East for sure. While they're not a favorite to win the conference atm, it's not unthinkable that they could beat a CHI, Indy, or Cleveland in a series. So I'd label them a threat for now, yeah, because you can't overlook them.

Depending on how high Wall and Beal can rise this season they could be one of the favorites to win the conference. They have a nice supporting cast, but I really think the sky's the limit for those two. Like - take the East by storm for a few years type of ceiling for those two.

Dade County
07-15-2014, 11:32 PM
They're a threat in the East for sure. While they're not a favorite to win the conference atm, it's not unthinkable that they could beat a CHI, Indy, or Cleveland in a series. So I'd label them a threat for now, yeah, because you can't overlook them.

Depending on how high Wall and Beal can rise this season they could be one of the favorites to win the conference. They have a nice supporting cast, but I really think the sky's the limit for those two. Like - take the East by storm for a few years type of ceiling for those two.

I think people are thinking fondly of the Wiz because of the series they had against the Pacers. That series shouldn't be taken seriously, because obviously it was more to do with the Pacers not playing up to their potential.

When the Pacers wanted to, they locked them down and won pretty easily in the 4th qtr; this reminds me when the HEAT didn't play to their full potential and the Pacers would win some playoff games against Miami.

The Wiz are not true contenders this year (to me), but sure they will have some nice wins and the media will through them a bone.

Pacers (if Lance is still on the team) & the Bulls (if Rose is healthy) are better then them to me.

Clippersfan86
07-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Laugh at me all you want... but top to bottom they may be the most talented team in the NBA if Beal/Wall take another leap like expected.

Wall
Beal
Pierce
Nene
Gortat

Maybe most balanced starting 5 in NBA.

Then you have a very nice bench of Humphries, Otto Porter, Andre Miller, Martell Webster, Drew Gooden, Glen Rice Jr. This squad literally goes 10-12 deep. Good balance of offense and defense. Only issue for them is going to be the Pierce's decline/age.

3ballbomber
07-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Absolutely love Nene and this team has a solid, balanced starting line up. Bringing in Pierce gives them that highly battle tested veteran presence, wich can go a long way, especially in the playoffs. They'll step it up this coming season after a nice run in last years playoffs. But i doubt they can make the ECF.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-16-2014, 07:59 AM
They really need a good punch off the bench tho

rkelly7
07-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Heat are going to suck. For the city of Washington, let's hope so. Washington DC is where sports teams go to die.

Hitman21
07-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Heat are going to suck. For the city of Washington, let's hope so. Washington DC is where sports teams go to die.

Sports teams come here to die? how does that even work?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Should easily be in the second round of the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Second round against an injury depleted team... I'm not sure that counts for much.

And they got destroyed in the second round.

Miami's loss of LBJ and IND's lost of Stephenson shakes things up a bit, but I'm not sure that Pierce, at this point in his career, is an upgrade from Ariza, who played VERY well last year.

I think Humprhies is a good pick up. He's a stud that can rebound and hits his shots, and the picked up a trade exception which could be really helpful if somebody is having a fire sale this year.

So they got Gortat, Nene and Humphries who can be posting double-doubles or close to it, John Wall and Beal in the back court and a veteran champion with Pierce... that looks pretty good, but Pierce didn't look great last year.

Some potential, but we'll really have to see. Can Wall bring his FG% up? Is Beal going to get better? Will Pierce decline a lot? Is Humphries still a rebounding stud? He wasn't getting a lot of minutes in Boston. Wil Nene be healthy?

Too many moving parts on this roster to tell.

ManRam
07-16-2014, 09:29 AM
I still think they're either a piece or some huge Wall/Beal improvements away from true East contention, but they're a top 4-5 team for sure. It will all boil down to how well those two continue to grow. They did improve the roster this offseason too, but not by huge proportions. Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Hornets, Raptors, Pacers and the Hawks all could give them a run for their money/beat them in a 7 game series. I don't think a second round appearance is a given. Much more balanced in the East this year, but they're right there with most those teams for sure.

cdnsportsfan
07-16-2014, 09:54 AM
I believe they can win the SE but barely, as that division will be pretty tough. I think they finish fourth, meaning it's not an easy road come the playoffs (likely the Cavs or Bulls second round, whoever comes out on top of the Central anyways). But they should put up a good fight, they will have improved from last season that's for sure!

Will be a fun team to watch at very least

LanceUpperCut
07-16-2014, 11:19 AM
They look like the same team as last year to me. I'd take Ariza over PP though. East is anyone's right now with Cleveland maybe having the lead.