PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller to CAVS

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
More
RT @Chris_Broussard: Sources: Mike Miller will sign w/Cavs. 2 yr deal with player option after 1 yr. Turned down more $ from Houston/Denver

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 42s
More
Mike Miller's deal with Cleveland is a two-year, $5.5m deal with a player option for the second year, source confirms.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Used the $2.7M cap space exception. Makes sense. But I'm pretty sure Ray Allen isn't playing for the minimum.

curtcocaine
07-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Malt liquor.

bucketss
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
dude really loves lebron

AddiX
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Teams love them some mike miller....

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Used the $2.7M cap space exception. Makes sense. But I'm pretty sure Ray Allen isn't playing for the minimum.

Ray Allen isn't even sure himself if he wants to play 1 more season or call it quits.

NYKnickFanatic
Of course

Arch Stanton
Ray Allen will either retire or become a Cavalier.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:34 PM
dude really loves lebron

Can you blame him? his 7 3's rampage in game 5 of 2012 finals against OKC. Also one of the reasons why Bron was pissed at Arison/Riley when they amnestied Miller for financial reasons.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 05:35 PM

Move to Cleveland to take the minimum? My money is on retirement if those are his choices.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Bron, Kyrie, Wiggins, Tristan, Waiters, Bennett, AndyV, Miller, Dellavedova

Not a bad start.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Bron, Kyrie, Wiggins, Tristan, Waiters, Bennett, AndyV, Miller, Dellavedova

Not a bad start.

Backup PG? LeBron and/or Waiters?

Iron24th
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Are his back problems over?

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Move to Cleveland to take the minimum? My money is on retirement if those are his choices.

They have some flexibility with Haywood's contract. It's funny that the Heat are still paying Miller... And he's playing in Cleveland too. Thanks for next years draft pick also since that top ten protection will most likely not matter.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Backup PG? LeBron and/or Waiters?

Delly and Waiters are backup PGs

theGhost-isGone
07-15-2014, 05:52 PM

I'm sure he can bunk at Bron's pad hahah

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 05:53 PM
He's already said he would

Confusious
07-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Absolutely love this signing. Cavs are looking really tough.

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 06:14 PM
why do these fools give up money for Lebron. Especially when their careers are at their end.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
why do these fools give up money for Lebron. Especially when their careers are at their end.

Championships!!!

beasted86
07-15-2014, 06:16 PM
He's already said he would

Where did he say that?

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Where did he say that?
Well I haven't talked to him recently but you can Google it for yourself

beasted86
07-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Well I haven't talked to him recently but you can Google it for yourself

Well Ive seen unnamed sources and rumors, but that's no more credible than my opinion to me. I don't see him willing to move his family again out of Miami (he has a son with diabetes and treatment is an issue). Especially not seeing that they signed Mike Miller for $2.7M but would want him to take the minimum, and that's to play behind Wiggins and Waiters if Miller is supposed to be backup SF. He just bought a $10M house down here. I think he's retiring, and I thought that was the likely thing to happen even if LeBron re-signed with Miami.

Big Zo
07-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Championships!!!

Cleveland doesn't know what those are.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Cleveland doesn't know what those are.

They contain 50 years of dust. :laugh2:

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Well Ive seen unnamed sources and rumors, but that's no more credible than my opinion to me. I don't see him willing to move his family again out of Miami (he has a son with diabetes and treatment is an issue). Especially not seeing that they signed Mike Miller for $2.7M but would want him to take the minimum, and that's to play behind Wiggins and Waiters if Miller is supposed to be backup SF. He just bought a $10M house down here. I think he's retiring, and I thought that was the likely thing to happen even if LeBron re-signed with Miami.

He wouldn't move his family and sell his home for a 1 year deal. I do agree though that he'll probably retire.

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
I wondered what was the latest, smart move here. Now let's get Allen next.

3ballbomber
07-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Jeez, not only does Cavs get Miami's 1st rnd pick for the Lebron trade but Heat pays the majority of Mike Miller's salary for Miller to play with LeBron in Cleveland. What more can Miami do for Lebron! Does he want our cheerleaders too?

I think the reason why Ray Allen hasn't announced he's retiring yet is he's waiting for a contender to sign him. Otherwise he would have announced already or signed back w/ Miami. I hope he gives Miami another thought.

FlashBolt
07-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Allen has said multiple times that he wants to play with Bron and that's where he would be playing if he still wanted to play. Also came out and said that destination is not important to him. Don't forget Mike Miller isn't just getting $2.7 or whatever. He still gets paid from Miami's amnestying him. The fact that he can win rings while playing with LeBron? People really love playing with LeBron, lol. How many players have come out saying we'll resign, commit, or stick with Bron?

beasted86
07-15-2014, 06:45 PM
He wouldn't move his family and sell his home for a 1 year deal. I do agree though that he'll probably retire.

He wouldn't be playing anywhere, period, without his family. If he does sign with the Cavs, his family IS coming with him.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 06:50 PM
He wouldn't be playing anywhere, period, without his family. If he does sign with the Cavs, his family IS coming with him.

That's fine. But they still don't need to sell they're place.

daleja424
07-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Championships!!!

Come on man. Even Lebron doesn't think the Cavs are contenders. There is a ton of talent, but most of it is TOO RAW. Lebron left Miami (who didn't win this year) and Miami will still win 45-50 games without him. I don't see how going to a 33 win team that hasn't won anything important in decades makes them a contender. Lebron will elevate them and they will make a run, but there just isn't enough experience on that team IMO to win a title in the next couple years.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Come on man. Even Lebron doesn't think the Cavs are contenders. There is a ton of talent, but most of it is TOO RAW. Lebron left Miami (who didn't win this year) and Miami will still win 45-50 games without him. I don't see how going to a 33 win team that hasn't won anything important in decades makes them a contender. Lebron will elevate them and they will make a run, but there just isn't enough experience on that team IMO to win a title in the next couple years.

I think they can win the East. LeBron will add 20-25 wins. If they get Love then they're contenders.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 06:58 PM
I think they can win the East. LeBron will add 20-25 wins. If they get Love then they're contenders.

If LeBron has proven anything.... winning the East is not good enough for him. You should all know that by now.

I feel like whoever comes out of the East this year has no chance to win it all. HEAT, Pacers, Cavs, Bulls, Wizards. Raptors, whoever... stands no chance against Spurs, OKC, or Clippers.

bucketss
07-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Jeez, not only does Cavs get Miami's 1st rnd pick for the Lebron trade but Heat pays the majority of Mike Miller's salary for Miller to play with LeBron in Cleveland. What more can Miami do for Lebron! Does he want our cheerleaders too?

I think the reason why Ray Allen hasn't announced he's retiring yet is he's waiting for a contender to sign him. Otherwise he would have announced already or signed back w/ Miami. I hope he gives Miami another thought.

you're a heat fan now :laugh:

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
If LeBron has proven anything.... winning the East is not good enough for him. You should all know that by now.

I feel like whoever comes out of the East this year has no chance to win it all. HEAT, Pacers, Cavs, Bulls, Wizards. Raptors, whoever... stands no chance against Spurs, OKC, or Clippers.

If the Cavs get Love then I think they do stand a chance. If not then I agree with your statement. Although, I'm not so sure about the Clippers.

SportsFanatic13
07-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Fantastic signing by the Cavs. How much cap room do they have left? Really like what they've done so far.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Fantastic signing by the Cavs. How much cap room do they have left? Really like what they've done so far.

Zilch!

WITZ
07-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Andrew Ungvari @DrewUnga
Again, the Heat will be paying Mike Miller $6.6 million to play with LeBron in Cleveland next season.

:laugh2:

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 07:26 PM
LMAO at the Heat coming out of the East!:laugh:

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 07:29 PM
LMAO at the Heat coming out of the East!:laugh:

I thought the funniest comments came from Riley...

@KeithBritton86: Laugh track RT @EthanJSkolnick: Riley "Luol Deng is one of the most important FA signings that we have ever had in history of the franchise"

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Andrew Ungvari @DrewUnga
Again, the Heat will be paying Mike Miller $6.6 million to play with LeBron in Cleveland next season.

Lulz

torocan
07-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Cavs shaping up nicely. Keep cutting those checks Miami!

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 07:32 PM
I thought the funniest comments came from Riley...

@KeithBritton86: Laugh track RT @EthanJSkolnick: Riley "Luol Deng is one of the most important FA signings that we have ever had in history of the franchise"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

bucketss
07-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Andrew Ungvari @DrewUnga

is that yearly?

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 08:08 PM

The CAVS WOULD absolutely beat OKC in the playoffs and are better on paper than them easily.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 08:11 PM
The Cavs as currently constructed are better than the Heat last year and its not close.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 08:15 PM
The Cavs as currently constructed are better than the Heat last year and its not close.

As a Cavs fan I disagree. I'm saying the Heat are a better team but I think it's pretty close and the youth of this roster is a factor.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 08:19 PM
As a Cavs fan I disagree. I'm saying the Heat are a better team but I think it's pretty close and the youth of this roster is a factor.

Don't let these people that want to see Bron and the Cavs loose trick you into thinking they are selling you on a good deal. Nobody wants to do Bron or the Cavs any favors. If it seems that way, then know its a trick.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 08:21 PM
The CAVS WOULD absolutely beat OKC in the playoffs and are better on paper than them easily.

Enjoy, Cavs fans!
Glad we won't have this guy cast as one of us anymore.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Don't let these people that want to see Bron and the Cavs loose trick you into thinking they are selling you on a good deal. Nobody wants to do Bron or the Cavs any favors. If it seems that way, then know its a trick.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Enjoy, Cavs fans!

We will give you your pick back if you take him. :laugh2:

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Enjoy, Cavs fans!

Never was one of yours, most the time I was telling you how Bron was going to be gone if you guys don't fix things yet you stayed being the biggest homer on the site thinking everything was going to be OK. You stayed in denial to the very end. Its easy to see why we never agreed, yet I was "one of yours". We never agreed so I was never with you on anything. And now because of the stupid franchise moves and lack there of you have no Bron.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Hmmmmmmmm, if someone who is not a cavs/Lebron fan tells you, the cavs should do this trade, don't believe it.
Understand?

bucketss
07-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Enjoy, Cavs fans!

lol you guys now have 3ballbomber whos hate for lebron was so intense he became a heat fan lol.

Chrisclover
07-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Role players at his level always focus on money since they will barely benefit from the endorsements and rings will not rise their all-time rankings(nobody cares)
I guess they have fostered some incredible bromance.
*To LeBron,
if Miller goes broke one day, you HAVE TO relieve him BY ALL MEANS before you yourself run out of money(see how well Iverson treated his friends from the slum). BECAUSE This conscientious man sacrifices his petty salary (comparing to his NBA peers)to satiate your lust of being the GOAT.
*To Miller,
You shall write a book or host a multitude of shows to condemn him if he doesnt relieve you. Then you can be self -dependent again.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Im not a Heat fan or a Cavs fan. I'm a Lebron fan who want to see him have as much success as possible, for as long as possible. I am actually a Spurs fan. They have there respect though. They don't catch ridiculous hate like Lebron does, so I end up pulling harder for Bron to counteract it.

THE MTL
07-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Idk if Ray Allen will take the minimum to move to Cleveland. Maybe if the Cavs could offer more money. Especially since I dont think the Cavs are a championship team yet (...depends on Love situation)

DWNTWNLakeShow
07-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Calling all lap dogs to Cleveland

mark1125
07-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Why is Cavs capitalized in the thread title? HEAT, CAVS. Is it teams Lebron is on? Don't get it.

Chrisclover
07-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Calling all lap dogs to Cleveland

Shall be called “royal guards” by King's fans.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Why is Cavs capitalized in the thread title? HEAT, CAVS. Is it teams Lebron is on? Don't get it.

Richard riders like it BIG.

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Best of luck to him. Always liked mike miller

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 09:23 PM
He will be hitting money shots in Cleveland now.

PurpleLynch
07-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Well,free agency is still open and lot of good role players are still in the market, Cavs looks good,but they can't win a championship right now imo. They need a lot of depth to compete against team in the West.

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
^Now they are waiting on Allen's decision.

TylerSL
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Well I'm sure Mike Miller is going to do well and I wish he would have just stayed out West instead of going to Cleveland. I hated cutting Miller to begin with and I'm going to hate it even more when we play him.

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Quite honestly I thought he was going to take more money somewhere else.

Nikeman
07-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Dumb move for Mike Miller. Sacrificed 7 million dollars for LeBron??

Lol, Mike Miller isn't someone who has made tons of money throughout his career, but I guess all the props to him if that's what makes him happy.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Dumb move for Mike Miller. Sacrificed 7 million dollars for LeBron??

Lol, Mike Miller isn't someone who has made tons of money throughout his career, but I guess all the props to him if that's what makes him happy.

His goal is to win a championship in Cleveland, not to be in 1st-2nd round playoff purgatory the next couple of yrs in Miami.

Nikeman
07-15-2014, 11:44 PM
His goal is to win a championship in Cleveland, not to be in 1st-2nd round playoff purgatory the next couple of yrs in Miami.

What the hell are you talking about... the 3 year 12 million dollar offer was from Denver...

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 11:46 PM
What the hell are you talking about... the 3 year 12 million dollar offer was from Denver...

Denver = lottery bound

Nikeman
07-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Denver = lottery bound

Okay cool, i don't get where you are going with this. I said if he is happy sacrificing 7 million dollars for playing on a competitive team, props to him...

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Okay cool, i don't get where you are going with this. I said if he is happy sacrificing 7 million dollars for playing on a competitive team, props to him...

Okay cool, good for you.

Nikeman
07-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Okay cool, good for you.

Thanks for that pointless argument....

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks for that pointless argument....

Thanks for your services....