PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade re-signing with Heat

jammastershake
07-15-2014, 02:39 PM
According to ESPN they are working on deal which could be done today.

@WindhorstESPN: Dwyane Wade will re-sign with Heat & he took another pay cut to help team add talent: http://t.co/nikX2yyFi5

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 02:43 PM
The most obvious move of the offseason. Can't wait to see him play half the season again.

Chi StateOfMind
07-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Like anyone else was going to sign him starting at 15 million.

raiderfaninTX
07-15-2014, 02:48 PM
I like how he "took" a pay cut and was not told hell no we will not pay you 20 million a year to play 50 games a season

eternal slumber
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Wade should change his moniker from "Flash" to "Half-Man, Half a Season"

15 million was a pay cut?

LOL

utl768
07-15-2014, 02:54 PM
was there ever a doubt?

most loyal player in the nba right now

dude has sacrificed time and time again to help his team

smiddy012
07-15-2014, 03:03 PM
was there ever a doubt?

As a Bulls fan who sincerely dislikes Wade, I can't argue with this.

cdnsportsfan
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Next season you could still likely justify this one - even if he misses 30 games or so he can still bring it at times, his play hasn't totally dropped off yet. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as the Kobe contract at least!

Still, I don't think you'll be able to say the same thing in four years time. This really has the look of an ugly contract down the road if the $15 mil/season is accurate.

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
mother ****er has not sacrificed more than Duncan, Ginobli, or Parker, those guys are more loyal by a mile than Wade. now Wade may be the prettiest ***** in the NBA....... or is it Chalmers

Chi StateOfMind
07-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Per ESPN it's a 2yr/34 million...

chi-townlove1
07-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Holy hell that's a lot of money for a sixth man at best

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Holy hell that's a lot of money for a sick man at best

fixed

chi-townlove1
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Holy hell that's a lot of money for a sick man at best

fixed

Lol thanks

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
cue Nikeman in 3.2.1

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Per ESPN it's a 2yr/34 million...

perfect contract

heat get to stay competitive the next 2 years and then leave themselves a mountain of cap room for 2016

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 4m

Can confirm report -- 1st by AP -- that Wade's deal is 1 year plus option. Heat wanted flexibility in 2016. Got it. And he sacrificed again.

Chi StateOfMind
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Cue the Rose hate even though he signed his contract before his knees went out.

Vinny642
07-15-2014, 03:13 PM
was there ever a doubt?

Umm no... Dirk is more loyal, any of the big three is more loyal.

Getting 15 million for playing half a season isnt being loyal.
And getting to play next to Lebron for 4 seasons isnt being loyal

beasted86
07-15-2014, 03:13 PM

There will always be haters, but if he really opted out of 2yrs/$42M, and instead signed for 2yrs/$34M, then Arison needs to start construction of his statue in front of AAA right now.

rhd420
07-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Next season you could still likely justify this one - even if he misses 30 games or so he can still bring it at times, his play hasn't totally dropped off yet. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as the Kobe contract at least!

Still, I don't think you'll be able to say the same thing in four years time. This really has the look of an ugly contract down the road if the $15 mil/season is accurate.

At least he was willing to accept a pay cut as opposed to Kobe limiting the Lakers for the next 2 seasons
I still say he LOST a ton of money just opting in and hoping LeBron would come back - it's rare to have players remain on the same team for their careers so it's good for Wade to at least have a chance to retire a Heat.

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:15 PM

There will always be haters, but if he really opted out of 2yrs/$42M, and instead signed for 2yrs/$34M, then Arison needs to start construction of his statue in front of AAA right now.

trolls will put crutches next to statue

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:15 PM
im actually shocked wade didnt get at least back what he opted out from since it doesnt matter next yr cap wise or this yr

imo he probably took less to take care of haslem since they renounced his rights this morning and cant use bird rights anymore on ud

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:16 PM
UD is better than an injured Wade yet makes a fraction of his salary

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:17 PM

i wont argue u on dirk because dirk is right there with wade in the category but how is wade not loyal for playing with lebron?

the only reason lebron came to town 4 years ago is because wade and bosh both constructed deals allowing the heat space to even add lebron, remember wade and bosh committed way before lebron even made a choice in 2010

Chi StateOfMind
07-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Wade will always be Miami. No one is denying that. But I don't think anyone here will say Wade is worth 17 million. And I'm sure I will get Rose backlash so I'll go ahead and address that by saying if he opted out and has been hurt like he has I would slap the **** out of him if he asked for 17 million.

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:18 PM

huh?

haslem is a career role player while wade has been one of the best players in the history of the league even if his play has tailed off some

beasted86
07-15-2014, 03:20 PM

You seem to spend most of your posts in threads about the Miami HEAT and its players.

Vinny642
i wont argue u on dirk because dirk is right there with wade in the category but how is wade not loyal for playing with lebron?

the only reason lebron came to town 4 years ago is because wade and bosh both constructed deals allowing the heat space to even add lebron, remember wade and bosh committed way before lebron even made a choice in 2010

Im sure Wade Bosh and Lebron had that plan in their head for a while. You are crazy if you think they didn't.
Im not saying Wade is unloyal for playing with Lebron, but he doesnt have an increase in loyalty for doing it.

_Supreme_
perfect contract

heat get to stay competitive the next 2 years and then leave themselves a mountain of cap room for 2016

Indeed.

All these 2 year contracts that have been given out indicate Riley has big plans for the 2016 offseason.

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:21 PM
You seem to spend most of your posts in threads about the Miami HEAT and its players.

I live in sw fl so that is the team on my tv and radio

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Wade will always be Miami. No one is denying that. But I don't think anyone here will say Wade is worth 17 million. And I'm sure I will get Rose backlash so I'll go ahead and address that by saying if he opted out and has been hurt like he has I would slap the **** out of him if he asked for 17 million.

On a 2 year deal though does it really matter what the salary is?

No matter what he took the heat are still maxed on space this year and probably next yr and wade opted out of 42 million for the sole purpose of giving the heat cap room to improve the team. He needed to be taken care of

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
He needed to be taken care of

why do you care about someone who doesnt give a **** about you? poor guy will get by somehow

Chi StateOfMind
07-15-2014, 03:23 PM
So is this the starting lineup right now?

PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Josh McRoberts
C: Chris Bosh

Granger
Cole
Napier
BirdMan
Udonis Haslem

_Supreme_
07-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Cue the Rose hate even though he signed his contract before his knees went out.

Nobody needs to hate on Rose and nobody needs to hate on Wade.

It is so sad that so many people only seem to use these forums as an outlet to vent the frustrations they have with their own (obviously) lacking lives.

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Indeed.

All these 2 year contracts that have been given out indicate Riley has big plans for the 2016 offseason.

lebron part 2 lol?

not that big of a stretch if he fails in cleveland and riley is sitting there with wade and bosh in a room

WaDe03
07-15-2014, 03:24 PM

Lol please cancel your account

beasted86
07-15-2014, 03:25 PM

If Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, etc... is worth $15M, then Wade is worth more.
Furthermore Wade has always been better than Rose. There has never been any point that he has ever been a better player, not even in 2011. And through the past 3 years of injury, Wade has been injured less and performed better, period.

Holydiver
Lol please cancel your account

ok Dwayne

utl768
why do you care about someone who doesnt give a **** about you? poor guy will get by somehow

you dont throw a guy who has brought the team 3 titles and has been nothing but loyal to the organization since the day he was drafted under the bus

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:27 PM
ppl hate on wade constantly but the dude still performed when he was on the court and he sat out a ton of games last season mostly because the reg season didnt matter when u had lebron

Chi StateOfMind
Nobody needs to hate on Rose and nobody needs to hate on Wade.

It is so sad that so many people only seem to use these forums as an outlet to vent the frustrations they have with their own (obviously) lacking lives.

I 100% agree. But on here it's hard for me to have a genuine debate or disagreement without Rose bashing. I know some Bulls fans on here give us a bad name but I pride myself on being open and easy to debate with. This is a public forum to give rational thoughts on sports. It's a shame like youse said when people can't even conversate on general topics.

kdspurman
was there ever a doubt?

That's certainly debatable. Wade is certainly up there though, that's for sure. I think he wants to keep Miami competitive.

WaDe03
ok Dwayne

Dwyane*

WaDe03
07-15-2014, 03:28 PM
I can't wait for the season to start. Wades going to kill and everyone in here bashing him will feel stupid. He's not going to sit all those games out this year.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 03:28 PM
I live in sw fl so that is the team on my tv and radio

And your point is?

To a parallel example, I am not a Marlins fan, you won't see me posting in the forum here or talking about them.

Vinny642
07-15-2014, 03:30 PM
If Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, etc... is worth $15M, then Wade is worth more.
Furthermore Wade has always been better than Rose. There has never been any point that he has ever been a better player, not even in 2011. And through the past 3 years of injury, Wade has been injured less and performed better, period.

Give me Parson's over Wade right now, Hayward, im not too much of a fan of. But I think Parsons over Wade EASILY.

utl768
07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I 100% agree. But on here it's hard for me to have a genuine debate or disagreement without Rose bashing. I know some Bulls fans on here give us a bad name but I pride myself on being open and easy to debate with. This is a public forum to give rational thoughts on sports. It's a shame like youse said when people can't even conversate on general topics.

rose deserves all the hate he gets

he milked injuries all throughout the lockout shortened year and then was out of shape for the playoffs and tore his acl as a result

then he recovers fully from the acl but sits out another 4 months because he knew his team had no shot to beat miami in the playoffs (all while his teamates were all injured badly yet ran out there every night that playoff season)

then this year he gets hurt and chooses a more complicated procedure to miss the season because he knew the bulls wernt going anywhere once more

Chi StateOfMind
07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I will say this about the HEAT organization. They easily could of folded but they did overpay Bosh and Wade but they kept the team competitive and that's all you could want as a fan base. (Especially after losing LBJ)

MelanconMadness
07-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Sucks for Harlem opting out to take a paycut to keep the crew together

0nekhmer
07-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Dammit bosh, should've came back to Toronto for the MLE xD

Jarvo
was there ever a doubt?

Agree, But it has to be Duncan.

And can people please stop ******** on Wade, I really hope he has a better year this year.

IversonIsKrazy
Paying $16M/yr to a guy who is Expected to play no more than 60 games, is like paying someone $21.6M/yr who is expected to play the full 82 games.

Vinny642
07-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Sucks for Harlem opting out to take a paycut to keep the crew together

Damn Harlem

MelanconMadness
07-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Damn Harlem

Autocorrect even putting haslem down

Dade County
07-15-2014, 03:47 PM

Granger
Cole
Napier
BirdMan
Udonis Haslem

I rather have Wade at the pg & a pure shooter at the sg, & I think Bosh & Mcroberts are interchangeable at the Pf & Center position at certain points of the game. I think the HEAT might go after Blatche or Okafor for the Center spot too.

Big Zo
07-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Sounds like some Bulls fans are still salty he didn't go back home in 2010.

ATX
07-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Oh is Riley/Arison taking care of their own and #1 superstar player in HEAT history bothersome somehow to some of you? Wade opted out of his remaining 2 year, 42M deal to take 34M...and y'all are salty, saying the HEAT overpayed...Well perhaps, but considering he is being rewarded for his loyalty and especially being reimbursed some of the money he opted out of to help the team remain relevant, especially in light of the fact they lost the best player in a generation. Wade also sacrificed a longer deal to give the HEAT cap space in 2016. How on Earth is bothersome to some, unless your just being an ignorant, childish hater? These comments are just so damn naive...

_Supreme_
07-15-2014, 03:53 PM

Given his health issues he doesn't appear to be worth 17M purely from a business/player-production perspective, but this is where the loyalty factor comes in.

Considering what he has contributed to this organization's succes (including his part in bringing Lebron in) this is a mutual no-brainer. This is the right thing to do and it is for just two years which I sort of view as salvation years anyway. Have modest expectations and let's see what they can do now that everybody has to step up. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this team does a lot better than a lot of these haters are predicting right now.

MinnesotaFtw
07-15-2014, 03:54 PM

Granger
Cole
Napier
BirdMan
Udonis Haslem

I rather have Wade at the pg & a pure shooter at the sg, & I think Bosh & Mcroberts are interchangeable at the Pf & Center position at certain points of the game. I think the HEAT might go after Blatche or Okafor for the Center spot too. what pure shooter will they have starting? There really isn't one on the roster currently

TheNumber37
07-15-2014, 04:05 PM
It's a 2 year deal with a player option... that's a weird deal for Wade to take... His value will be half what it is now in 2 years

smith&wesson
07-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Id rather give wade that money than parsons and haward.. can I get an amen to that ?

yes wade had rested last year but that's because he needed it. with a full offseason off, he should be able to come back at full health. and at full healthy Wade is worth 15 mill.

Big Zo
07-15-2014, 04:11 PM
It's a 2 year deal with a player option... that's a weird deal for Wade to take... His value will be half what it is now in 2 years

He's willing to sacrafice in order to help land another star in 2016. Everyone except Bosh has been handed a two year deal. I'm sure he wouldn't mind re-signing for even less when the time comes.

utl768
07-15-2014, 04:23 PM

its all a calculated move to land either durant in 2016 or to lure lebron back

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Was there ever any doubt that he would be back with the HEAT? They're going to have to tear the HEAT jersey off him when he retires.

AddiX
07-15-2014, 04:28 PM
He's willing to sacrafice in order to help land another star in 2016. Everyone except Bosh has been handed a two year deal. I'm sure he wouldn't mind re-signing for even less when the time comes.

Everyone but bosh sucks, who cares how long or short there deals are?

This off season has been rilleys way of saying I have no plan b, ill just re-sign everyone, and retire by mid season, and the new gm will have cap space in a few years to do whatever he wants.

Big Zo
07-15-2014, 04:30 PM

This off season has been rilleys way of saying I have no plan b, ill just re-sign everyone, and retire by mid season, and the new gm will have cap space in a few years to do whatever he wants.

Ok.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 04:32 PM

Don't be MADD. You'll see... DISCOUNTED!

TylerSL
07-15-2014, 04:44 PM
People are seriously hating on this? Wade opted out of 2/42 and you're *****ing that he signed for 2/34. The guy has literally done everything for the Heat for 11 years and opts out of 42 million and re signs for even less. The guy is one of the most loyal players in basketball.

_Supreme_
07-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Ok.

He is just bitter because yet again Papa Smurf & Barney didn't show up on his birthday party despite all the letters he sent.

Children these days just have these needs to vent online :shrug:

TylerSL
07-15-2014, 04:45 PM

lol

abe_froman
07-15-2014, 04:47 PM
not a bad deal for the heat,though wade might regret being so team friendly

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Wade, Bosh, and Spoelstra have a lot to prove. I love that they didn't abandon ship when Lebron left. This is gonna be interesting to see how they play. If Wade is fully healthy, the Heat could still come out of the East. I've always thought people have overrated the Heat's supporting cast around Lebron... particularly Wade and Bosh.

They are a very similar team minus Lebron, plus Deng, Mcbob, and Granger. Obviously a huge downgrade there, but at least they added some depth and now we will get to see what Wade and Bosh can do with Lebron.

I think Miami has done everything they can realistically do to remain competitive in the East without Lebron. Adding a big man would help, but who is out there? I think they did a good job though and I think they're team is underrated right now. Top 4 team in the East for sure. I don't know if they'll get past the 2nd round, but in the East it is kind of wide open.

Redrum187
07-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Id rather give wade that money than parsons and haward.. can I get an amen to that ?

yes wade had rested last year but that's because he needed it. with a full offseason off, he should be able to come back at full health. and at full healthy Wade is worth 15 mill.

No amen to that from me. One player is a top 50 talent in the history of the NBA but isn't capable of staying healthy for a full season and is rapidly declining. The other is a young player who has shown the tools to be an all star presently and in the distant future.

I hope you're not an investment banker. :P

Sly Guy
07-15-2014, 05:22 PM
I have plenty of respect for wade. He's sacrificed to help his team more than once. Brought in 3 'ships. Sure, he's only half the player he was, but you can't argue anything but the fact he's been a very positive force for the miami heat.

chi-townlove1
07-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Jesus Christ all I got from this is heat fans are still in denial that Lebron left their sorry non loyal *****. And that they can think of nothing better than pointing out Derrick rose. Honestly that's just unbelievable to me. Saying rose faked **** and then claiming a guy who is near 35 and has a body made of glass is worth his 34 million. I don't give a flying **** how much money wade opted out of. He's worth NOWHERE near what he's getting paid. He is a sixth man that could play 25 mins a night for the rest of his career. Give it a rest Miami homers. Go cry in a hole

AddiX
07-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Ok.

lol

Yeah that's all you guys have, because you know I'm right.

Riley threw together a team with duct tape, and he will be gone by mid season.

Heck, his foot was probably half way out the door as wade signed. Running out the door like a minimum wage worker on a Friday...

WaDe03
07-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Jesus Christ all I got from this is heat fans are still in denial that Lebron left their sorry non loyal *****. And that they can think of nothing better than pointing out Derrick rose. Honestly that's just unbelievable to me. Saying rose faked **** and then claiming a guy who is near 35 and has a body made of glass is worth his 34 million. I don't give a flying **** how much money wade opted out of. He's worth NOWHERE near what he's getting paid. He is a sixth man that could play 25 mins a night for the rest of his career. Give it a rest Miami homers. Go cry in a hole

Well see.

DR_1
07-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Sounds like some Bulls fans are still salty he didn't go back home in 2010.

If Wade went to the Bulls I would root for another team.

h2r09
07-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah that's all you guys have, because you know I'm right.

Riley threw together a team with duct tape, and he will be gone by mid season.

Heck, his foot was probably half way out the door as wade signed. Running out the door like a minimum wage worker on a Friday...

How exactly did he put together a team with duct tape? He re-signed everyone besides Lebron to re-structure the heat's cap to put them in amazing position for 2016 and put together a top 4-5 team in the east.

This heat team is still going to be very good next year and it is all because of how well Riley recovered from losing Lebron.

People are overreacting to Wade's last 3 games but the heat were just outclassed in the finals and people still need to realize that Wade has quite a bit left if you saw him this past season and Wade didn't miss games last year due to injury, he missed games because the team held him out because the regular season was meaningless last year. It has been widely reported already that he wanted to play in a lot of the games the team held him out of last year.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Good for D Wade and the Heat! One of the last of a dying loyal breed.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 06:19 PM
***on a side note, damn people jumped off that Heat bandwagon fast. Guess they're Cavs fans now.....

h2r09
07-15-2014, 06:20 PM
***on a side note, damn people jumped off that Heat bandwagon fast. Guess they're Cavs fans now.....
You're making that up based off of nothing.

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
16M per for 2 years to play a total of 1

How loyal

ankit
07-15-2014, 06:36 PM
First of all Wade will average 22 to 23 points a game without Lebron. He took a backseat last year and this year he will be relied upon heavily. I see the Heat easily making the playoffs and having the ability to go past one round at-least. Now if Wade declines inspite of lebron's departure than signing him to a 5 year deal may be a disaster for he Heat. The heat should bid on Boozer and offer up a 7 million bid. The number is high because at that that bid they will easily win the Boozer bidding. Now if you have D-wade Luol Deng, Bosh and Boozer, this would make the heat interesting.

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 06:37 PM
He's a loyal dude, it will just suck to take such a paycut to lose.

bucketss
07-15-2014, 06:40 PM
First of all Wade will average 22 to 23 points a game without Lebron. He took a backseat last year and this year he will be relied upon heavily. I see the Heat easily making the playoffs and having the ability to go past one round at-least. Now if Wade declines inspite of lebron's departure than signing him to a 5 year deal may be a disaster for he Heat. The heat should bid on Boozer and offer up a 7 million bid. The number is high because at that that bid they will easily win the Boozer bidding. Now if you have D-wade Luol Deng, Bosh and Boozer, this would make the heat interesting.

i don't think teams over the cap are allowed to bid, they can sign him though if he clears waivers.

theheatles
07-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Twitter has proven that Chicago is the most hate filled city in the country and this thread helps corroborate those findings.

ankit
07-15-2014, 06:47 PM
i don't think teams over the cap are allowed to bid, they can sign him though if he clears waivers.

The Heat are not over the Cap, Deng's 10 million Bosh 22 million and Wades 17 million is 49 million along with their 6 million to other players like Josh Mc. Roberts and Danny Granger, rookies etc. does not put them near the Salary Cap of 63 million.

balla345
07-15-2014, 06:51 PM
haha let the trolls have there fun now, but wade comes back 22 5 5 I'll be the one laughing .

h2r09
07-15-2014, 06:53 PM
The Heat are not over the Cap, Deng's 10 million Bosh 22 million and Wades 17 million is 49 million along with their 6 million to other players like Josh Mc. Roberts and Danny Granger, rookies etc. does not put them near the Salary Cap of 63 million.

Yes they are. You are wrong and don't know what you are talking about.

Wade 17
Bosh 22
Deng 10
MCroberts 5.7
Cole 2
Granger 2.7
Haslem 2.7
Chalmers 4
Andersen 5

These might not be their official cap charges but the heat are now out of cap space.

They really need for Boozer to clear amnesty waivers because if he does he will definitely sign here but its unlikely he will get through.

If he does though and they can have a starting lineup of

Chalmers
Wade
Deng
Boozer
Bosh

on top of that off the bench they would have Cole, Birdman, Mcroberts, Granger, Ennis, Napier, Haslem, and then 2-3 other roster spots that is a contender in the East.

chi-townlove1
07-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Lololol at that post defense of boozer and bosh.

beasted86
07-15-2014, 07:02 PM

I'll be put on record now... I don't want Boozer. Bosh is great at pick and roll defense, we need someone to defend on post ups. Birdman is fine off the bench, and maybe even Haslem in some limited minutes. But the team needs better defense than a Carlos Boozer.

h2r09
07-15-2014, 07:02 PM

Chris Bosh is a great defender. Neither are great post defenders but Bosh is still a very good defender.

h2r09
07-15-2014, 07:04 PM
I would be ecstatic if Boozer clears amnesty waivers and the heat go on to sign him and then also sign Okafor for the minimum.

Hardaway Here
07-15-2014, 07:12 PM

First off who is in denial over LeBron leaving? What's there to be in denial about? He is gone so what the team moves on. All I got out of your comment was your disdain for Wade nothing more. You say Wade has a body of glass but has played more than a young Rose in the last 2 years. I could care less about Rose in general he is irrelevant until I see him put up All-star numbers for a full season.

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Boozer LOL

balla345
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
ok this is what Im looking at if pacers resign lance and rose is healthy
1.Pacers
2.Cavs
3.Bulls
4.heat
5.wizards
6.Raptors
7.Nets
8.Atlanta

ALL players are healthy
1vs8 pacers over atlanta
2vs7 cavs over nets, but this will go either way I can see an upset here
3vs6 bulls over raptors
4vs5 heat over wizards

1vs4 heat over pacers- Heat are much deeper than pacers and can still put deng on paul . Wade will go off
2vs3 bulls over cavs- those bigman will eat up the cavs . Sorry cavs not your year.

3vs4 bulls over heat. With a healthy rose I don't see the heat beating the bulls . Unless wades playing like 06-09

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 07:39 PM
People really got so butthurt when the Heat conserved Wade last year. Like they where paying his salary or something. That was the Heats gameplan going into the season, and it worked because he looked great in the first 3 rounds and they made yet another Finals.

Then the Spurs run circles around them and blow them off the floor and its back to crying about Wade missing games again. As if him playing the whole season would've stopped the Spurs from shooting 90% in a quarter.

Hardaway Here
07-15-2014, 07:51 PM
People really got so butthurt when the Heat conserved Wade last year. Like they where paying his salary or something. That was the Heats gameplan going into the season, and it worked because he looked great in the first 3 rounds and they made yet another Finals.

Then the Spurs run circles around them and blow them off the floor and its back to crying about Wade missing games again. As if him playing the whole season would've stopped the Spurs from shooting 90% in a quarter.

People only think about the last thing they saw. Not at what the team did as a whole last season. It's sad that people like play ignorant to the fact and complain about it at all. Everyone knew what the HEAT were doing with Wade. People that like to complain will always complain nothing can change that. Spurs just ate us period. They were a machine and congrats to them.

BKLYNpigeon
07-15-2014, 08:05 PM
LOL. Lebron owes Wade 6 million dollars.

NYSpirit1
07-15-2014, 08:50 PM
There are three big fish to fall after this move in FA and the rest are rotational guys left.

They are: Eric Bledsoe, Lance Stephensen and Greg Monroe.

I wonder where they will all go.. I see Lance leaving.

b@llhog24
07-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Let's see how his body holds up.

Holydiver
07-15-2014, 08:59 PM
According to ESPN they are working on deal which could be done today.

@WindhorstESPN: Dwyane Wade will re-sign with Heat & he took another pay cut to help team add talent: http://t.co/nikX2yyFi5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XoyDqFy5pU

b@llhog24
07-15-2014, 09:00 PM

In fairness after an ordeal like that I'd take time away from PSD for a little while. We'll see when the season starts.

ldawg
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Jesus Wade your dumb *** opt out of your contract like a fool just what were you thinking or were you. These basketball players need to put down the crack pipe. this fool give back money? real dumb. Before he opt out it was well documented it would be a mistake and this dumb did it anyway.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 10:01 PM
There are three big fish to fall after this move in FA and the rest are rotational guys left.

They are: Eric Bledsoe, Lance Stephensen and Greg Monroe.

I wonder where they will all go.. I see Lance leaving.

I think whoever really screwed up this summer is going to overpay at least one of those guys. In other words the Lakers and Rockets of the world. But the sleeper is ATL, they still have money to blow.....

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Why such a short deal?

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Why such a short deal?

1 of 3 things.

Either he really has only 2 yrs left in him before he retires.

Or, they make a run at KD in 2016.

Or, make a run at LeBron again in 2016 if he decides to bolt Cleveland again due to the pressure.

ghettosean
07-15-2014, 11:16 PM

This made me laugh so hard... LOL

AddiX
07-15-2014, 11:34 PM
1 of 3 things.

Either he really has only 2 yrs left in him before he retires.

Or, they make a run at KD in 2016.

Or, make a run at LeBron again in 2016 if he decides to bolt Cleveland again due to the pressure.

You guys need to stop with this nonsense...

LA_Raiders
07-15-2014, 11:50 PM
I believe Miami is better than Cleveland at this point.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 11:52 PM
I believe Miami is better than Cleveland at this point.
Maybe in the short term, but certainly not in the long term.

ink
07-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Huge respect for DWade for this.

IBleedPurple
07-16-2014, 06:55 AM
haslem is a career role player while wade has been one of the best players in the history of the league even if his play has tailed off some

Whoa there. One of the best players in the history of the league? No, unless we're going outside of the top 25, at least.

Redrum187
07-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Huge respect for DWade for this.

Yes, opt'ing out of a contract that would have paid him 3x more than his worth for one that is only 2x what is worth allowed the Heat to get solid players this FA; McRoberts, Deng, and Granger.

edit: Scratch that, the Heat could have still have afforded to give Wade what was left on the contract he opt'ed out of, while still signing McRoberts, Deng, and Granger. I'm not sure what is gained by Wade's opting out other than saving the owner money and making less money for himself.

beasted86
07-16-2014, 08:28 AM

More like you refused to listen to the HEAT fans from before July 8, 2010 who the real fans were and who the LeBron fans were. You grouped them all as the same. As a Lakers fan you should be fully familiar with the concept of "player fans" that don't care about the franchise.

As for the topic at hand, Wade officially signed a 2yr/$31.1M contract. Great contract for the HEAT. LeBron owes him $11M.

Redrum187
07-16-2014, 10:06 AM
More like you refused to listen to the HEAT fans from before July 8, 2010 who the real fans were and who the LeBron fans were. You grouped them all as the same. As a Lakers fan you should be fully familiar with the concept of "player fans" that don't care about the franchise.

As for the topic at hand, Wade officially signed a 2yr/$31.1M contract. Great contract for the HEAT. LeBron owes him $11M.

I don't understand a.) how it's great for the Heat (financially speaking), or b.) why LeBron "owes" Wade $11 million.

ATX
07-16-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't understand a.) how it's great for the Heat (financially speaking), or b.) why LeBron "owes" Wade $11 million.

It's great:

a.) It's 11M less than what he opted out of.
b.) It's only a 2 year deal (Player option after year 1), allowing the Heat to be active in 2015 and especially in 2016 FA.

Redrum187
07-16-2014, 10:30 AM
It's great:

a.) It's 11M less than what he opted out of.
b.) It's only a 2 year deal (Player option after year 1), allowing the Heat to be active in 2015 and especially in 2016 FA.

Fair enough.

a.) So the owner saves $5.5 million for 1, possibly 2 years (it's a given that Wade could have opt'd in his contract and they still could have signed the players they did).
b.) His original 2010 contract gave him a 4th year opt out and a final year opt out option... so that would have happened anyways

End result: Owner richer, Wade poorer, same free agents signed regardless of Wade opt'ing in or out.

If I'm wrong (which I am sometimes), I apologize. Is anything I said wrong?

MonroeFAN
07-16-2014, 10:34 AM
not a bad deal for the heat,though wade might regret being so team friendly

huh? A team friendly deal would have been a one year contract for 10 m. That's what Wade deserves right now.

MrfadeawayJB
07-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Miami clearly paying him for "what he has done", not " what he can do going forward". Given his injuries, declining play, inability to develop any semblance of a perimeter game, and lack of games he plays, I wouldn't touch over $11-12 mil for him

theheatles
07-16-2014, 11:29 AM
I can't wait to see Wade average 25/4/4 this year as he leads the Heat to a #1 seed

NYKnickFanatic
07-16-2014, 11:43 AM
i can't wait to see wade average 25/4/4 this year as he leads the heat to a #1 seed

:laugh2:

WaDe03
07-16-2014, 12:29 PM
All this hate lol. Let the season play out before you all start dogging him he has been second option for 4 years and put up good numbers it's only right that his numbers will go up and probably average 22-25 points a game and a good amount of assist.

As for him being outside the top 25 greatest players of all time I disagree.

h2r09
07-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Miami clearly paying him for "what he has done", not " what he can do going forward". Given his injuries, declining play, inability to develop any semblance of a perimeter game, and lack of games he plays, I wouldn't touch over $11-12 mil for him

I don't know the official stat but I know Dwyane Wade was one of the best shooters in the league the past year. He just isn't a 3 point shooter so thats why the fit with Lebron was never great but that doesnt mean Dwyane Wade has "no semblance of a perimeter game" because that just means you are making stuff up.

Also he didn't play that many games last regular season because they were resting him, not because he was injured. There were many times wade could have and wanted to play but they held him out because the regular season for the heat the last few years were meaningless.

And his play obviously has declined but he is still a great player. He was fantastic last year up until the last 3 games of the finals.

P&GRealist
07-16-2014, 03:17 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: Make it six. ESPN sources say Dwyane Wade has also secured a no-trade clause in his new deal with Miami

RaiderLakersA's
07-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't know the official stat but I know Dwyane Wade was one of the best shooters in the league the past year. He just isn't a 3 point shooter so thats why the fit with Lebron was never great but that doesnt mean Dwyane Wade has "no semblance of a perimeter game" because that just means you are making stuff up.

Also he didn't play that many games last regular season because they were resting him, not because he was injured. There were many times wade could have and wanted to play but they held him out because the regular season for the heat the last few years were meaningless.

And his play obviously has declined but he is still a great player. He was fantastic last year up until the last 3 games of the finals.

How do you think he'll perform next year without other teams needing to game plan against LeBron? Can Bosh become so unstoppable in the paint that Wade will be free to shoot at will?

Bostonjorge
07-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Wade fits the heat perfect. Both of them are done.

Hardaway Here
07-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Wade fits the heat perfect. Both of them are done.

Baseless statement