PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons Offended By Rockets During Free Agency

ice_c
07-15-2014, 12:19 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-maverick-chandler-parsons-takes-offense-to-how-rockets-treated-him-during-free-agency-030411610.html

"LAS VEGAS – Chandler Parsons was "offended" when the Houston Rockets went searching in free agency for a third star in LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Carmelo Anthony instead of sticking with him. Now the former Rockets forward is ecstatic to be a third star with the Dallas Mavericks, and a lot richer, too.

"Honestly, I was offended by the whole process," Parsons told Yahoo Sports on Monday in a phone interview. "They publicly said that they were going out looking for a third star when I thought they had one right in front of them. I guess that's just how they viewed me as a player. I don't think I've scratched the surface of where I can be as a player and I think I'm ready for that role".

"You can't knock them for always trying to get better. [Houston general manager] Daryl Morey is very aggressive, is a genius, a great GM and I have nothing but respect for those guys. And they are looking to make their team better. That's what they were doing. I just thought I could be that guy that could do that."

Parsons averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists with the Rockets last season as the third scorer behind James Harden and Dwight Howard. Quietly, Parsons was hoping for a bigger role offensively. The Rockets gave Parsons an opportunity to explore free agency as a restricted free agent by opting out of the final year of his deal that would've paid him $964,750.

The Rockets went after marquee players like James, Anthony, and Bosh when free agency began. While the Mavericks were interested in Anthony, too, they quickly convinced Parsons to agree to a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with a third-year player option and a 15 percent trade kicker, a source said. Parsons signed the offer sheet on the first day free agents were able to on July 10 in his hometown of Orlando with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban by his side.

"They really showed how much they cared for me," Parsons said. "They didn't want me to wait for Bosh. They didn't want me to wait for 'Melo. They came forward first."

While the Rockets had the option to match, Cuban was confident in the Mavs' maneuver.

"We knew based on the numbers they were going to have to make some tough choices," Cuban said before the Mavericks' summer league game on Monday."

===

Yet another salvo fired against Morey and the Rockets. Morey has now offended:

1. Asik; who literally faked an injury and refused to play last season as a result of being lied to.

2. Lin; whose number was used without his consent: only to have Morey lie to the media claiming he had told Lin ahead of time.

3. Parsons. See below.

4. Clint Capela, their first round draft pick.

I'm now surprised when Morey DOESN'T offend one of his players. Anyway, an interesting read...

0nekhmer
07-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Yup, Houston not only made themselves look pathetic with the melo billboards and posters of him with trophies, they disrespected Jeremy lin. Then by putting parsons as last priority, they disrespected him too. I'm glad parsons left, he's the only guy i liked om that team.

Also, this is the exact reason why i knew Houston wasn't a threat to get kyle lowry. They were so cocky, they lost on everyone in the end.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2014, 12:30 AM
Worst behaviour.

Blitzace137
07-15-2014, 12:32 AM
Lol don't tell "some" Rocket fans Morey isn't classless. Fact of the matter is these players have big ego's and Morey just treats them like pawns but that's how he does business.

3Blueforyou
07-15-2014, 12:32 AM
I must of missed what happened with capela, how did morey offend him?

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 12:34 AM
He's said that all season tho. The part about him being the third star and all. I remember him being I. Espn and all the shows asked if Houston can get a third star and his responses were always that he could be that star. I remember on that show sports nation or whatever, that question was asked and his answer was "pay chandler".

He has always wanted the money and has EVERY RIGHT TO BE OFFENDED. He's a great player and he wanted to be treated like one. Morey, as always, doesn't great his players as players, more like pieces.

Chandler was not a star tho, maybe he can be one for dallas who knows, but in Houston he was always gunna be a 16 ,5 ,2 guy and a glue guy. Those are great numbers and could elevate given the chance but in
Houston he wouldn't have had that chance.

Morey is awful at handling these things and that's what irritates me. If the Rockets lack success in future FA it's because if him. As smart as he is, he just can't keep players happy.

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2014, 12:35 AM
I would have thought with morey being as savvy as he is that he wouldn't want to burn any bridges with players

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 12:35 AM
I must of missed what happened with capela, how did morey offend him?

Morey wanted him to stay over seas a year so they could have room for bosh in the salary cap.

Sly Guy
07-15-2014, 12:37 AM
I would not have been offended.

The rockets were trying to increase the net talent on their roster. Going after Melo and Bosh could only happen if Parsons wasn't on the payroll yet. Only when they chose not to match would I have even considered getting mad, but man, $15mil/yr for Parsons? I don't think you can get mad for not matching that either, that's all-star money for a guy who while good, has never made an all star appearance.

Personally, I think this article is more about hyping up the signing to Dallas' fans, like I've seen out of every moderate to reasonably named Free Agent that's ever signed with Toronto.

kingsdelez24
07-15-2014, 12:39 AM
I would not have been offended.

The rockets were trying to increase the net talent on their roster. Going after Melo and Bosh could only happen if Parsons wasn't on the payroll yet. Only when they chose not to match would I have even considered getting mad, but man, $15mil/yr for Parsons? I don't think you can get mad for not matching that either, that's all-star money for a guy who while good, has never made an all star appearance.

Personally, I think this article is more about hyping up the signing to Dallas' fans, like I've seen out of every moderate to reasonably named Free Agent that's ever signed with Toronto.

This

KnicksorBust
07-15-2014, 12:40 AM
The fact that he was offended they wanted to add another star player is pretty childish. Honestly, it sounds like he's still got a little bit of sour grapes going on right now. He knows he had a better chance to win a title in Houston but he chased the money. If he was completely happy with the decision, then I doubt this article would have even existed. Just enjoy your pay day and go learn from a Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki how to become a winner an all-star in this league.

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 12:40 AM
All this is gunna do is being in all the posters from the "Houston will not match" thread and bicker in here. Greatttttt

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 12:42 AM
The fact that he was offended they wanted to add another star player is pretty childish. Honestly, it sounds like he's still got a little bit of sour grapes going on right now. He knows he had a better chance to win a title in Houston but he chased the money. If he was completely happy with the decision, then I doubt this article would have even existed. Just enjoy your pay day and go learn from a Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki how to become a winner an all-star in this league.

I wanted to say this, but didn't want responses like "your just butthurt he didn't want you guys" blah blah blah

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 12:47 AM
I'd kind if like some proof on the Asik faking his injury thing you keep bringing up. Heard some rumors but nothing was proven.

If I was Morey and the Rockets I'd be offended by Parsons agreeing to that contract. Cuban used Parsons to take a stab at Morey whether he matched or not; Parsons should feel used by Cuban. How did Parsons not know that once the Rockets matched they were done spending? Was it because the term "third star" was used when the Rockets tried to get Bosh or Carmelo? Give me a break. Parsons had to have an idea that they might not have matched that deal not based on the 3/$46 but for the 3/$46 plus everything else involved (trade kicker, option year). If he would have signed an, I dunno, 4/$55 or something, Morey woulda easily matched. If Bosh would have signed, Morey woulda easily matched. I think Parsons knows that he got used as a pawn in the ongoing Cuban/Morey chess game and now he feels like he blew it and I bet he's hoping Tyson Chandler stays healthy and motivated, Ellis doesn't turn into a stat padding chucker again and Dirk stays healthy and doesn't retire. Only time will tell.

JEDean89
07-15-2014, 12:49 AM
ya but i think in hindsight parsons will be overpaid and ariza is a more proven player on a way better contract. now they can go after either a PF or a PG, personally, i think a rondo, harden, ariza, jones, howard lineup has solid 2 way potential.

FriedTofuz
07-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Honestly, there was a Rockets poster who admits that Morey trades his players like chips, and I agree, it's the nature of the cold business.

unleashthebeast
07-15-2014, 12:54 AM
This article does kind of prove that he didn't have an *under the table* deal with Morey though. I figured he had an agreement with Morey that he would be signed to a huge deal after Morey used the rest of his cap, but I guess that isn't the case.

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 12:58 AM
What the Rockets need to do is call ATL and ask about Millsap!

VladTheImpaler
07-15-2014, 01:00 AM
I would have thought with morey being as savvy as he is that he wouldn't want to burn any bridges with players

As smart as he is in the front office, he really doesn't know how to handle players on a personal level, and it might be starting to hurt him. This isn't NBA 2K15 here, there's a major human element in play, and Morey's style may be a major hindrance on that front.

Definitely such a stark contrast between the two franchises, Dallas and Houston, on that level. Not to say Cuban and co. rely heavily on emotion and won't use players solely as assets, they will, but they also appear to be one of the better franchises in terms of player treatment. I doubt you'd see anyone from the Rockets partying with Parsons in a club after signing his contract, that's for sure.

Htownballa1622
07-15-2014, 01:03 AM
I see what he means in a way. We do flip players but he needed to understand we wanted him back ALONG with more talent.

He jumped the gun because he was woo'ed but good for him. He's been underpaid.

He deserves this and I hope he does well. He needs this chip on his shoulder BUT sometimes humble pie is best.

"I'm the best sf in this series." *Batum proceeds to $#!+ on Parsons."

Asik's better
07-15-2014, 01:06 AM
I have no problem with players chasing money but the part of him being offended is ridiculous. He has never backed up what he has said, he said he was Houston's third superstar but didn't show it on the court, then he claimed to be the best SF in the series against Portland then got lit up by Batum the next game. He should think himself to be a superstar but shouldn't air those thoughts publicly, otherwise he becomes target when he doesn't back it up.
Also on the Capela thing before people start going nuts. The rockets thought he was going to spend a year overseas that's why the rockets drafted him but he wanted to come over this season. So they talked it out and it looks like he is playing for Houston this season. It's a non story.

brandt
07-15-2014, 01:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-maverick-chandler-parsons-takes-offense-to-how-rockets-treated-him-during-free-agency-030411610.html

"LAS VEGAS – Chandler Parsons was "offended" when the Houston Rockets went searching in free agency for a third star in LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Carmelo Anthony instead of sticking with him. Now the former Rockets forward is ecstatic to be a third star with the Dallas Mavericks, and a lot richer, too.

"Honestly, I was offended by the whole process," Parsons told Yahoo Sports on Monday in a phone interview. "They publicly said that they were going out looking for a third star when I thought they had one right in front of them. I guess that's just how they viewed me as a player. I don't think I've scratched the surface of where I can be as a player and I think I'm ready for that role".

"You can't knock them for always trying to get better. [Houston general manager] Daryl Morey is very aggressive, is a genius, a great GM and I have nothing but respect for those guys. And they are looking to make their team better. That's what they were doing. I just thought I could be that guy that could do that."

Parsons averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists with the Rockets last season as the third scorer behind James Harden and Dwight Howard. Quietly, Parsons was hoping for a bigger role offensively. The Rockets gave Parsons an opportunity to explore free agency as a restricted free agent by opting out of the final year of his deal that would've paid him $964,750.

The Rockets went after marquee players like James, Anthony, and Bosh when free agency began. While the Mavericks were interested in Anthony, too, they quickly convinced Parsons to agree to a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with a third-year player option and a 15 percent trade kicker, a source said. Parsons signed the offer sheet on the first day free agents were able to on July 10 in his hometown of Orlando with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban by his side.

"They really showed how much they cared for me," Parsons said. "They didn't want me to wait for Bosh. They didn't want me to wait for 'Melo. They came forward first."

While the Rockets had the option to match, Cuban was confident in the Mavs' maneuver.

"We knew based on the numbers they were going to have to make some tough choices," Cuban said before the Mavericks' summer league game on Monday."

===

Yet another salvo fired against Morey and the Rockets. Morey has now offended:

1. Asik; who literally faked an injury and refused to play last season as a result of being lied to.

2. Lin; whose number was used without his consent: only to have Morey lie to the media claiming he had told Lin ahead of time.

3. Parsons. See below.

4. Clint Capela, their first round draft pick.

I'm now surprised when Morey DOESN'T offend one of his players. Anyway, an interesting read...

First off, Parsons isn't a star. I would much rather have LeBron James, Melo, or Bosh over him any day so for him to be offended by that is just him being a baby, and he must not realize that the NBA is a business.

Doing that to Lin yes is uncool and disrespectful, I'll give you that.

Asik was being a baby too, because he wanted to start. He was a backup with the Bulls so why should he expect to be anything more than that for the Rockets other than the fact that he was getting paid starter money. Would you honestly start Asik over Howard?

What did he do to Clint Capela?

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 01:07 AM
This article does kind of prove that he didn't have an *under the table* deal with Morey though. I figured he had an agreement with Morey that he would be signed to a huge deal after Morey used the rest of his cap, but I guess that isn't the case.

I'm not sure if they could've done that; I think you have to match to get him in under the cap at whatever the cost is. If he felt butthurt and pussyraw because the Rockets weren't looking for a "fourth star" then he's just kinda miffed at Morey and wanted to make Morey sweat a little before coming back to the fold. I bet he regrets it.

amak316
07-15-2014, 01:10 AM
I think Morey is basically Jonah Hills character from money ball. He is great at picking players with the highest likelihood to succeed, he can flawlessly manipulate the cap to achieve max flexibility, he can evaluate a players dollar value to production near flawlessly and can find great value.

He, however, really needs to find his Brad Pitt, as he seems to alienate nearly everyone he deals with with his overall smugness and not being able to empathize with his "assets." I think this likely costed him with both Bosh and Melo. Who knows how many trade partners he has alienated as well.

I think Masa is the perfect combination of great salesman/people person and analytics.

VladTheImpaler
07-15-2014, 01:11 AM
Another interesting contrast, Morey said a big reason they didn't match was because the contract was more or less untradeable. Donnie Nelson rebutted that they had no intention of trading Parsons. Very understandable to take offense when your GM doesn't want to match your contract in part because of the trade protection you have.

After reading that, also have to think Cuban and Nelson might've played Morey perfectly. The money was certainly a factor, but by itself might not have been enough to stop Morey from matching. But, killing Parsons' value as an asset, rather than a player, would.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 01:15 AM
Another interesting contrast, Morey said a big reason they didn't match was because the contract was more or less untradeable. Donnie Nelson rebutted that they had no intention of trading Parsons. Very understandable to take offense when your GM doesn't want to match your contract in part because of the trade protection you have.

After reading that, also have to think Cuban and Nelson might've played Morey perfectly. The money was certainly a factor, but by itself might not have been enough to stop Morey from matching. But, killing Parsons' value as an asset, rather than a player, would.

That's a good point, but honestly, what's he gonna say? They plan on trading him at some point of the contract 24 hours after they sign him? And they might not be able to now anyway with the way it's structured. Like I said, only time will tell.

nastynice
07-15-2014, 01:20 AM
I'M offended that parsons thinks he's a star

Unfortunately, Cuban has yet to offer me anything...

I flopped on shark tank

brandt
07-15-2014, 01:25 AM
Yup, Houston not only made themselves look pathetic with the melo billboards and posters of him with trophies, they disrespected Jeremy lin. Then by putting parsons as last priority, they disrespected him too. I'm glad parsons left, he's the only guy i liked om that team.

Also, this is the exact reason why i knew Houston wasn't a threat to get kyle lowry. They were so cocky, they lost on everyone in the end.

Houston didn't make the Rockets look pathetic and disrespect Lin, Morey did! Cuban is the jerk that overpaid for him and tried to screw us over. Morey didn't fall for it. I guarantee you if Morey Matched the offer for Parsons, everyone would be saying "what was Morey thinking? He totally overpaid and got screwed!!!" By the way, Parsons got burned against Portland in the playoffs in case you weren't watching that series and he was very cocky in that series too. And if Parsons is the only one you liked on that team then you obviously just don't like the Rockets. Ever hear of James Harden? Houston never tried to get Kyle Lowry, didn't match for Parson's, and traded Asik and Lin. So the only guys they lost were Bosh, Lebron and Melo and so did other teams.

brandt
07-15-2014, 01:28 AM
Lol don't tell "some" Rocket fans Morey isn't classless. Fact of the matter is these players have big ego's and Morey just treats them like pawns but that's how he does business.

I'm a Rockets fan and I can't stand Morey and the way he does business. He makes it work though.

VladTheImpaler
07-15-2014, 01:28 AM
That's a good point, but honestly, what's he gonna say? They plan on trading him at some point of the contract 24 hours after they sign him? And they might not be able to now anyway with the way it's structured. Like I said, only time will tell.

I just found it a stark contrast between the two teams. Morey was highly worried about the tradeability of Parsons, whereas the thought doesn't even seem to have really occurred to Nelson. Morey's concern primarily dealt with the value of Parsons as an asset, whereas the Mavs were concerned about Parsons' value as a player. Very differing mindsets.

And, no, I don't think it was posturing. They know it would be an incredibly difficult, if not impossible, contract to move, and most importantly, they gave Parsons all the power. They structured it that way, and don't appear to care. They likely felt comfortable doing this because, as he said, they hope he's a Mav for a very long time.

brandt
07-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Morey wanted him to stay over seas a year so they could have room for bosh in the salary cap.

Wrong! He wanted him to say over seas because he wasn't ready for the NBA yet!

FlashBolt
07-15-2014, 01:38 AM
At least Morey tries to but win damn, he's been getting into a lot of trouble lately.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 01:42 AM
I just found it a stark contrast between the two teams. Morey was highly worried about the tradeability of Parsons, whereas the thought doesn't even seem to have really occurred to Nelson. Morey's concern primarily dealt with the value of Parsons as an asset, whereas the Mavs were concerned about Parsons' value as a player. Very differing mindsets.

And, no, I don't think it was posturing. They know it would be an incredibly difficult, if not impossible, contract to move, and most importantly, they gave Parsons all the power. They structured it that way, and don't appear to care. They likely felt comfortable doing this because, as he said, they hope he's a Mav for a very long time.

Regardless with what he said on the radio shows, I'm pretty sure he means to say "flexibility" not tradability. At the end of the day, if a player ends up sucking, he needs to be able to be moved. Parsons hasn't proved he's at the star level (yet, at least) so that's a huge gamble for him on that contract. I admit, it sucks losing him and I hope he does well, just not as well as the Rockets and I don't think anybody in my position as a fan in this situation could argue with that.

cmellofan15
07-15-2014, 01:49 AM
Parsons really grew on me last year. I hope he does have a breakout season and proves his worth, even though he is going about this kinda badly.

VladTheImpaler
07-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Regardless with what he said on the radio shows, I'm pretty sure he means to say "flexibility" not traceability. At the end of the day, if a player ends up sucking, he needs to be able to be moved. Parsons hasn't proved he's at the star level (yet, at least) so that's a huge gamble for him on that contract. I admit, it sucks losing him and I hope he does well, just not as well as the Rockets and I don't think anybody in my position as a fan in this situation could argue with that.

Well, he said flat out that it's "one of the most untradeable structures he's ever seen", so I don't think it was just about flexibility. Also, a big reason why it's "untradeable" is because you need Parsons' approval on any deal after this season, and he can't be traded until 2015 anyway. So, you'd only have a short window to trade him, and that's before you look at the salary.

The contract's a gamble, sure, but because it's so short term, I don't think the money was the biggest issue for either side, even on the trade front. I think the trade protection really helped kill it, there's just no way Morey could've used Parsons to acquire that "third star". Next to no chance he'd consent to being sent to a team like Minnesota that's rebuilding. Obviously Morey also values that flexibility, but not being able to move Parsons later on just might've killed it for him.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 01:53 AM
All these instances keep boiling down to the same point: there is a way to go about doing business, and Mr Morey just doesn't seem to get it. You can be shrewd without being a jerk, lying to players, or making them feel disrespected.

I'm sure for those that feel this guy can do no wrong this wont matter but you better believe that players talk amongst themselves and he's developing a rep as a not so great boss......

Asik's better
07-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Wrong! He wanted him to say over seas because he wasn't ready for the NBA yet!
He isn't wrong, that's why they drafted him. So they can stash him to maximise their cap. But it's a mute point anyway. The rockets are going to sign him.

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 01:55 AM
All these instances keep boiling down to the same point: there is a way to go about doing business, and Mr Morey just doesn't seem to get it. You can be shrewd without being a jerk, lying to players, or making them feel disrespected.

I'm sure for those that feel this guy can do no wrong this wont matter but you better believe that players talk amongst themselves and he's developing a not so great boss......

This. Morey is killing the Rockets rep with players.

goingfor28
07-15-2014, 01:59 AM
But Morey is the greatest

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Well, he said flat out that it's "one of the most untradeable structures he's ever seen", so I don't think it was just about flexibility. Also, a big reason why it's "untradeable" is because you need Parsons' approval on any deal after this season, and he can't be traded until 2015 anyway. So, you'd only have a short window to trade him, and that's before you look at the salary.

The contract's a gamble, sure, but because it's so short term, I don't think the money was the biggest issue for either side, even on the trade front. I think the trade protection really helped kill it, there's just no way Morey could've used Parsons to acquire that "third star". Next to no chance he'd consent to being sent to a team like Minnesota that's rebuilding. Obviously Morey also values that flexibility, but not being able to move Parsons later on just might've killed it for him.

No, you're right, He's no longer a desirable asset in Morey's eyes so Morey walked. Can't blame him. If the pay woulda been lower or all of that no trade stuff wouldn't have been so undesirable, Morey woulda matched. Together? Well played this round, Cuban. Hope you realized Morey might not have matched and you're ok with him for that contract on your team.

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 02:01 AM

To give you another idea of how the Mavs treat players, look at the Dejuan Blair situation. Washington is attempting to sign Blair but they don't have the money he wants. Cuban and Nelson have said they are willing to do a sign and trade to help Blair get to Washington while only taking back a trade exception.

I can see why Parsons would feel disrespected. He came up through their system and he has improved every year he's been in the league and he is young enough to continue improving. He's on the verge of reaching 20 ppg and the Rockets never even gave him a shot at being the 3rd guy. The Mavs showed him that they want him as a player and not a trade chip and were willing to prove it by paying what they had to get him. The contract would have crippled Houston because of what they are already paying Howard and Harden. It doesn't affect Dallas the same way though because Dirk is only making $10 mil.

DallasTrilla23
07-15-2014, 02:02 AM

I think he said that because a lot of people kept saying "don't just let him walk without getting anything in return, match now and trade him later."

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 02:04 AM

I'm sure for those that feel this guy can do no wrong this wont matter but you better believe that players talk amongst themselves and he's developing a rep as a not so great boss......

But guys keep signing with him. Some guys multiple times. Lowry even wanted to come back. Harden couldn't wait to get here. Howard signed on. But hey, guys talk, so I guess Les Alexander needs to fire him.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 02:05 AM

thank you.

but lol @ Parsons thinking he can be a star. good luck to him and good luck to Dallas with their new "star."

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 02:07 AM

he specifically said the Rockets told him to wait until the team signs another star...which was what he felt offended by cause he felt like he was that star.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 02:08 AM

exactly.

Asik's better
07-15-2014, 02:09 AM
To give you another idea of how the Mavs treat players, look at the Dejuan Blair situation. Washington is attempting to sign Blair but they don't have the money he wants. Cuban and Nelson have said they are willing to do a sign and trade to help Blair get to Washington while only taking back a trade exception.
Rockets did the exact same thing with Courtney Lee.

Crackadalic
07-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Morey is a smart business man but he has to understand that he has people he is dealing with and not mindless drones.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 02:14 AM

I can see why Parsons would feel disrespected. He came up through their system and he has improved every year he's been in the league and he is young enough to continue improving. He's on the verge of reaching 20 ppg and the Rockets never even gave him a shot at being the 3rd guy. The Mavs showed him that they want him as a player and not a trade chip and were willing to prove it by paying what they had to get him. The contract would have crippled Houston because of what they are already paying Howard and Harden. It doesn't affect Dallas the same way though because Dirk is only making $10 mil.

i disagree with your assessment. I don't think Parsons has the skills to be a 20 ppg guy. He played well in Houston because he was playing off of 2 stars. he took advantage of the openings the defense gave him when the defense focused on Harden and Dwight. he's not very good at creating for himself and going 1 on 1. he's left clueless when the defender doesn't fall for his pump fakes. and he's not a very good defender either. so basically, what i'm saying is...he's not good enough to where he can be given a team and be good enough to carry that team. lol @ him thinking he's a "star."

but everything else you said is true. Morey is a little too cold and calculating.

SouthSideRookie
07-15-2014, 02:15 AM

You're so gullible. The Mavs tried going for Melo first, but again like they always do, they struck out again.

Funny how the Mavs and Lakers pitches were only short of 2 hours according to reports. Imagine trying to sit there in front of these free agents without laughing and lie through your teeth on how your future is brighter than the Bulls and Rockets.

But guys keep signing with him. Some guys multiple times. Lowry even wanted to come back. Harden couldn't wait to get here. Howard signed on. But hey, guys talk, so I guess Les Alexander needs to fire him.

For the love of God to all Houston fans, please ignore him. He is clueless, all he does is trash the Rockets every chance he gets. I stopped taking him serious a long time ago. He's the only poster I've seen proclaim McFail as a good coach and Hibbert being better than Dwight.

alexander_37
Parsons is not a 20 ppg player on a good team, He isn't a great defender, and he can't create his own shot efficiently. I love the guy and thought he would be a rocket for life but I can see why they didn't want to pay him 15-16 million a year. They got Ariza who is not as good a player yes but he is a better 3 point shooter and defender for half the price.

5ass
Lo, parsons is being a sensitive *****. Offended because your team tried to get the best player on the planet?

Htownballa1622
07-15-2014, 02:16 AM
Parsons creating comes from him pump faking the **** out of someone then using length to get past. He's not quick enough with first step to create opportunities.

The good thing though is that he's tall enough to get shot off anywhere. Just weird how his left foot is in front of right and he uses the swing method to shoot.

Kashmir13579
07-15-2014, 02:50 AM
The fact that he was offended they wanted to add another star player is pretty childish. Honestly, it sounds like he's still got a little bit of sour grapes going on right now. He knows he had a better chance to win a title in Houston but he chased the money. If he was completely happy with the decision, then I doubt this article would have even existed. Just enjoy your pay day and go learn from a Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki how to become a winner an all-star in this league. better chance to win a title? Ummmm... Dirk already did that not too long ago. Now he has Chandler back, Monta, And replaced VC with Parsons.. I like his chances in Dallas just fine. It's not like they took the champs to 7 games, or something.

Kashmir13579
07-15-2014, 02:51 AM
Morey is a smart business man but he has to understand that he has people he is dealing with and not mindless drones. I'm done with Morey.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 02:58 AM

The Mavs don't care about Blair getting more money . They care about that trade exception. Don't kid yourself. That's another thing that bugs me and I said it in another thread yesterday and I haven't seen any replys to it. Basically, why are teams able to sign lower tiered guys and get non-player assets for them. A trade exception? Some of these rules are dumb.

I know I'm not the first to quote you here, but he was the third option last year and played great, but not on a Carmelo/Bosh level. He can't possibly be serious about the "but I'M the third option" problem he said he had. It's not like if the Rockets signed Carmelo/Bosh then it would have kept the Rockets out of the running to sign Parsons. They could have signed about $16 million worth of players, then could have given Parsons ANYTHING over that. And you're right, signing Parsons would have crippled the Rockets cap going forward , but Morey and Les Alexander were fine with that if it upgraded their team.

If what he said about not feeling respected is true, then he acted like a baby and did it quickly. Everybody always says "I understand it's a business" but apparently, Chandler Parsons doesn't. Asik didn't last year either. Yet Morey gets crucified for upgrading his position with Dwight freaking Howard.

raiderposting
07-15-2014, 03:02 AM
thank you.

but lol @ Parsons thinking he can be a star. good luck to him and good luck to Dallas with their new "star."

Parsons was loved by rocket fans but now he's overrated. Yeah he got paid, but look at the contracts this off season. Of course he should get 15 million if guys like Hayward got the max. Rockets downgraded with Ariza. This is also a terrible offseason for the rockets. Why would any significant role player/solid starter want to come to the rockets now after how they disrespect their own?

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Parsons was loved by rocket fans but now he's overrated. Yeah he got paid, but look at the contracts this off season. Of course he should get 15 million if guys like Hayward got the max. Rockets downgraded with Ariza. This is also a terrible offseason for the rockets. Why would any significant role player/solid starter want to come to the rockets now after how they disrespect their own?

Disrespect or not, they do with the Rockets through Morey. Some guys view it differently and don't get butthurt and pussyraw when they're getting paid millions for a game.

Asik was disrespected when he signed a 3/$25 and then his team signed arguably the best player at his position and biggest free agent target.
Lin was disrespected when he signed a 3/$25 and then underplayed his contract and was heavily rumored to be traded so they wooed one of the biggest gets in the basketball world on a billboard with his number on it. No trade, no Carmelo.
Parsons was disrespected when he was told that the team was going to sign one of three of the top 10 players in the league to help the team then sign him to whatever he could get on the open market.

Asik wasn't fighting a Gortat or Vucevic for playing time.
Lin's number wasn't the same as a Vince Carter or Mo Williams and put up on the billboard.
Parsons wasn't told that they wanted to sign guys then maybe the Rockets could slip him in with what was left.

Morey doesn't seem to be the most personable guy in the business but that's what it is. A business. His job is to make the team a contender, not hold everybody's hand and not upgrade the team because it might hurt somebody's goddamn sensitive side.

raiderposting
07-15-2014, 03:47 AM
Disrespect or not, they do with the Rockets through Morey. Some guys view it differently and don't get butthurt and pussyraw when they're getting paid millions for a game.

Asik was disrespected when he signed a 3/$25 and then his team signed arguably the best player at his position and biggest free agent target.
Lin was disrespected when he signed a 3/$25 and then underplayed his contract and was heavily rumored to be traded so they wooed one of the biggest gets in the basketball world on a billboard with his number on it. No trade, no Carmelo.
Parsons was disrespected when he was told that the team was going to sign one of three of the top 10 players in the league to help the team then sign him to whatever he could get on the open market.

Asik wasn't fighting a Gortat or Vucevic for playing time.
Lin's number wasn't the same as a Vince Carter or Mo Williams and put up on the billboard.
Parsons wasn't told that they wanted to sign guys then maybe the Rockets could slip him in with what was left.

Morey doesn't seem to be the most personable guy in the business but that's what it is. A business. His job is to make the team a contender, not hold everybody's hand and not upgrade the team because it might hurt somebody's goddamn sensitive side.

Your first sentence is the reason you'll have a hard time getting those last championship pieces to come sacrifice for your team. Good luck winning a ring with harden and Howard.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 04:01 AM
Your first sentence is the reason you'll have a hard time getting those last championship pieces to come sacrifice for your team. Good luck winning a ring with harden and Howard.

Christ Almighty, I already said something about that. It's like some of you people can't read:

It's seriously like arguing with 8 year olds, conservatives or house pets. Every time some of us explain points, these chuckleheads go back and question a previously made point.

c.c.
07-15-2014, 04:19 AM
Parsons can average 20 ppg but not as a main guy on a winning team. I really hate to see him go but I rather him leave than for me and my fellow Rockets fans to be pissed off at him for not performing as a max paid all star player. I hope he reach that elite level that he says he's capable of!

ice_c
07-15-2014, 04:36 AM

Yeah, certain rockets fans just don't get it.

And Morey doesn't get it. Morey's players are actually human beings. They have feelings. They want to feel valued. Some are even willing to sacrifice salary, play through injury, and some have aspirations of working in their front office or as a coach.

All of this is lost on Morey. He simply doesn't get the human, social, emotional and intuitive aspects of being a general manager.

I don't know what's wrong with morey. Perhaps he has asperger's. Perhaps he's a competitive sociopath. Maybe he's just socially incompetent, period. But there's something missing with this guy. He just cannot relate to his players as human beings.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Yeah, certain rockets fans just don't get it.

And Morey doesn't get it. Morey's players are actually human beings. They have feelings. They want to feel valued. Some are even willing to sacrifice salary, play through injury, and some have aspirations of working in their front office or as a coach.

All of this is lost on Morey. He simply doesn't get the human, social, emotional and intuitive aspects of being a general manager.

I don't know what's wrong with morey. Perhaps he has asperger's. Perhaps he's a competitive sociopath. Maybe he's just socially incompetent, period. But there's something missing with this guy. He just cannot relate to his players as human beings.

Christ Almighty, I already said something about that. It's like some of you people can't read:

It's seriously like arguing with 8 year olds, conservatives or house pets. Every time some of us explain points, these chuckleheads go back and question a previously made point.

And:

Disrespect or not, they do with the Rockets through Morey. Some guys view it differently and don't get butthurt and pussyraw when they're getting paid millions for a game.......Morey doesn't seem to be the most personable guy in the business but that's what it is. A business. His job is to make the team a contender, not hold everybody's hand and not upgrade the team because it might hurt somebody's goddamn sensitive side.

I'm thinking this one's a house pet.

Sssmush
07-15-2014, 04:59 AM
LoL Carmelo wearing a Lin jersey featured in Houston billboards before Parsons leaves and Carmelo and Bosh stay in NY/Miami is hilariously funny.

That isn't offensive it is just ridiculous. That they talked all this smack about signing every superstar to a max max deal and then clear cap space, don't sign anybody, and let their 3rd best player walk for nothing rather than match $15m a year is also kinda ridiculous.

Sssmush
07-15-2014, 05:06 AM
that being said, not matching the Parsons offer could very well be the best move for the Rockets. You're adding Ariza for half the price, so... I don't know, if I'm Houston I probably don't match that deal either. I don't know, it seems like a really close decision.

I don't mean to make fun of Houston but all these media reports about Bosh and Carmelo and everything were just out of control. We had to listen to that stuff for two weeks.

But yeah, swapping in Ariza for Parsons is probably a wash or an upgrade, at least for the next couple years. Losing Asik and Lin doesn't help at all though.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 05:10 AM
that being said, not matching the Parsons offer could very well be the best move for the Rockets. You're adding Ariza for half the price, so... I don't know, if I'm Houston I probably don't match that deal either. I don't know, it seems like a really close decision.

I don't mean to make fun of Houston but all these media reports about Bosh and Carmelo and everything were just out of control. We had to listen to that stuff for two weeks.

But yeah, swapping in Ariza for Parsons is probably a wash or an upgrade, at least for the next couple years. Losing Asik and Lin doesn't help at all though.

See? Not that I'm saying this because it isn't anti-Rockets, but it's an actual thought process on something meaningful and apropos. Seriously, good job. I knew it could be done.

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Parsons>Ariza should be no argument there..

No a combo of Ariza Matrix is better than just Parsons but they obviously don't have Trix

valade16
07-15-2014, 08:59 AM
x

Exactly. Fun fact, the only 2 times in Ariza's career he averaged 14 PPG (or even over 11 PPG) were in contract years.

He is a career 10 PPG scorer.

Houston fans are hoping he performs as good or better than his contract year stats while ignoring everything that happens after those contract years to compare him to a player who posted better stats in only their 3rd season and is likely to get better.

It's possible, but it's wishful thinking.

Denverbronco007
07-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Parsons is a good player, but couldn't take over games when we needed him too. That's what star players do!! I honestly don't think he will ever achieve that status, and the Rockets felt the same.. He lost his confidence a lot in games..

Denverbronco007
07-15-2014, 09:12 AM
His shooting slumps were awful... Plus, am I wrong for thinking that playing with Harden and Dwight makes the game a little easier because defenses are keyed in on trying to stop them? Should be an interesting watch this coming season. I would love to see the Houston Rockets win it all this season, but at the end of the day it's still exciting watching them battle night in and night out..

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Parsons is a good player, but couldn't take over games when we needed him too. That's what star players do!! I honestly don't think he will ever achieve that status, and the Rockets felt the same.. He lost his confidence a lot in games..
That thought right there about one guy taking a game over is the problem with the Rockets offense. They prefer to run more isolation as oppose to the whole team sharing the ball in order to get the best possible shot. Now are the Rockets good? Of course they're good but I don't see them ever winning a title playing the way they do. They'll be a great regular season team but never championship material. Also the way Morey treats the people on his team (notice I said people not trade chips) makes it hard for the team to gel. Guys can't get comfortable within their own locker room. If the guys felt that Houston was going to be their home and that the Rockets actually cared about them they might actually play better because they would be willing to jump through a wall for that organization. That doesn't seem to be the case though. Winning organizations take care of their guys and treat them with respect. San Antonio and Dallas are perfect examples of teams that can do business without treating their players like crap. Hell even Miami treats their guys great. Everyone knows Bosh is not worth the money he got but they showed him an immense amount of respect for what he did for them. My bet is that had as much to do with why he chose Miami over Houston. Being a D..k has nothing to do with business. If Rockets fans (not all Rockets fans feel this way) think players should HAVE to be OK with being disrespected just because they're getting paid you're fooling yourselves.

I Rock Shaqs
07-15-2014, 09:48 AM
His shooting slumps were awful... Plus, am I wrong for thinking that playing with Harden and Dwight makes the game a little easier because defenses are keyed in on trying to stop them? Should be an interesting watch this coming season. I would love to see the Houston Rockets win it all this season, but at the end of the day it's still exciting watching them battle night in and night out..

Idk if you have actually played competitive basketball before but when you have teammates who get the ball and most likely take the shots over and over again it's really hard to get yourself going when you don't know when you're going to get it again.

Asik's better
07-15-2014, 09:53 AM

No a combo of Ariza Matrix is better than just Parsons but they obviously don't have Trix

Exactly. Fun fact, the only 2 times in Ariza's career he averaged 14 PPG (or even over 11 PPG) were in contract years.

He is a career 10 PPG scorer.

Houston fans are hoping he performs as good or better than his contract year stats while ignoring everything that happens after those contract years to compare him to a player who posted better stats in only their 3rd season and is likely to get better.

It's possible, but it's wishful thinking.
What most rocket fans are saying is that Ariza's biggest strength, (defense), fills a need houston has more than what parsons can provide, (scoring). Everyone would take parsons over Ariza when picking teams from scratch but for this Houston team, Ariza at 8 mil is more valuable to them than parsons at 15 mil.

flea
07-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Parsons is a good defender, so let's just let the upset Rockets fans put that to rest. He was the only perimeter defender on the Rockets worth anything (besides Beverly) and they actually had a pretty solid defense in the regular season. The problem is he was tasked with being the best defender night-in, night-out - and that's never been his game.

He's a good player, and his skills were misused in Houston because they had Lin and Harden, both of whom are bad without the ball. He's going to get the chance to play the Turkoglu role in Dallas, and that's really what he should have been doing the whole time. I still think he was perfect for the Rockets because they want to use a non-ball handling PG (Beverly) yet still need a secondary ballhandler in their primary lineup - as well as a guy who can play either forward spot and shoot so they can go small. But he also fits very nicely on Dallas.

The level of flip-flopping from some particular Rockets fans on him is hilarious. If you want to blame someone last year for not going further than you wanted in the playoffs, blame Harden's abysmal defense or Howard's decline on the offensive boards and defense. Parsons had a very good playoff run individually, and the lack of assists and turnovers compared to Harden's god-awful line just shows how misused he was (not to mention how poorly Harden shot the ball).

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Parsons is a good defender, so let's just let the upset Rockets fans put that to rest. He was the only perimeter defender on the Rockets worth anything (besides Beverly) and they actually had a pretty solid defense in the regular season. The problem is he was tasked with being the best defender night-in, night-out - and that's never been his game.

He's a good player, and his skills were misused in Houston because they had Lin and Harden, both of whom are bad without the ball. He's going to get the chance to play the Turkoglu role in Dallas, and that's really what he should have been doing the whole time. I still think he was perfect for the Rockets because they want to use a non-ball handling PG (Beverly) yet still need a secondary ballhandler in their primary lineup - as well as a guy who can play either forward spot and shoot so they can go small. But he also fits very nicely on Dallas.

The level of flip-flopping from some particular Rockets fans on him is hilarious. If you want to blame someone last year for not going further than you wanted in the playoffs, blame Harden's abysmal defense or Howard's decline on the offensive boards and defense. Parsons had a very good playoff run individually, and the lack of assists and turnovers compared to Harden's god-awful line just shows how misused he was (not to mention how poorly Harden shot the ball).

Rocket fans :burn:

nycericanguy
07-15-2014, 11:02 AM
I said this last year, Morey is a smart guy but he's also a douche and I think it's starting to come back around to him. You have to have relationships with not only players but opposing GM's, and Morey I think is losing both.

Three years ago he cut Lin, then the next year he had billboards with Lin's picture up and talked about how special Lin was and how big a mistake it was to cut him. Lin buys in and now 24 months later he puts a billboard with Melo wearing his jersey... that's just wrong... it's like a guy saying anything to get into a girls pants and then dumping her after.

He told Asik he'd start and then immediately started trying to get Howard.

I remember hearing last year that other GM's didn't want to deal with him anymore because of his arrogance, and that's why he had such a hard time moving Asik. He's obviously not hte most well liked guy around the league anymore.

For now, though, the Rockets must live with their misstep. And given the belief in some circles that Houston’s brain trust routinely exhibits a confidence bordering on arrogance, rest assured there exists a sizable faction of NBA execs and insiders who could not be happier at how this past weekend’s events unfolded. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.lMF84wA2.dpuf

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 11:13 AM

my god it's like you never watched a single rockets game.

1. Parsons is NOT a good defender. never has and never will. perimeter defense has been our problem all season....and it's not limited to opposing SGs going off on us. opposing SFs go off on us. As Jalen Rose said today...."Ariza is an upgrade. He's a much better defender than Chandler Parsons. I think it's a good move."

2. His skills was NOT misused. He had a Turkoglu role in Houston. Did you think he was just a spot up shooter in Houston?

3. I don't think anyone has blamed Parsons for us losing in the playoffs. I don't know where you got this from. If anything, Lin was the scapegoat (rather unfairly if you asked me).

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 11:15 AM

yea. we loved him at 900k and as a good role player/glue guy. but at $15k and thinking he is a star? being offended when we went out looking for another star? c'mon.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 11:27 AM
What most rocket fans are saying is that Ariza's biggest strength, (defense), fills a need houston has more than what parsons can provide, (scoring). Everyone would take parsons over Ariza when picking teams from scratch but for this Houston team, Ariza at 8 mil is more valuable to them than parsons at 15 mil.

Parsons doesn't just privide scoring - he's a strong passer from the 3. Beverly is well below average as a PG in the playmaking department so having Harden and Parsons being strong passers for their positions helped make up for that. And on the scoring front, you also lost Lin. Say what you want about the guy but he was the best scorer you had off the bench which was already a weakness with him there. So Parsons ability to score more than Ariza would be more important to this years' HOU team than it was to last years'. The Rockets still have room to add more pieces so we'll see what the finished product looks like.

flea
07-15-2014, 11:27 AM
I watched every college game of Parsons's and many of his NBA games. No bad defender plays 4 years for Billy Donovan - I think it's your eyes that are mistaken. Parsons had to guard every good wing in the West, and still brought his team to respectability despite turnstile play at the guard spot for much of the season.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Parsons doesn't just privide scoring - he's a strong passer from the 3. Beverly is well below average as a PG in the playmaking department so having Harden and Parsons being strong passers for their positions helped make up for that. And on the scoring front, you also lost Lin. Say what you want about the guy but he was the best scorer you had off the bench which was already a weakness with him there. So Parsons ability to score more than Ariza would be more important to this years' HOU team than it was to last years'. The Rockets still have room to add more pieces so we'll see what the finished product looks like.

if Houston wants another facilitator in the lineup, Lin would be starting over Beverly. but he's not despite the fact that he's the better player...why? why is Beverly the better "fit?" same logic applies here in the Ariza/Parsons comparison.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 11:31 AM
I watched every college game of Parsons's and many of his NBA games. No bad defender plays 4 years for Billy Donovan - I think it's your eyes that are mistaken. Parsons had to guard every good wing in the West, and still brought his team to respectability despite turnstile play at the guard spot for much of the season.

of course you did. if you did, you would realize how wrong you are. again, perimeter defense has been a problem for the Rockets all season. Parsons was part of that problem. trying to solve our perimeter defense problem is why Beverly started over Lin.

Sadds The Gr8
07-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Parsons was not a good defender last year...

KnicksorBust
07-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Posted on page 1 a little after midnight. Came on this morning to see what other people thought about Parsons comments and found that Rockets fans raged through the AMs until page 6. :laugh: Go Houston.

flea
07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
The Rockets had the 11th best adjusted defensive rating in the league last season. You don't get that way with your primary wing defender being bad - especially when you give major minutes to Harden and Lin and Beverly gets hurt for a significant part of the season. Sorry dude, but you're just wrong about Parsons's defensive abilities. He's not a lockdown guy, but he's far from bad and he was the most important on the Rockets top half defense last year (besides Howard) since Beverley missed almost 30 games.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 11:41 AM
if Houston wants another facilitator in the lineup, Lin would be starting over Beverly. but he's not despite the fact that he's the better player...why? why is Beverly the better "fit?" same logic applies here in the Ariza/Parsons comparison.

You're making my point for me. They started Beverly last year over Lin because they didn't need the facilitator. They needed the defense. A large part of why I think they could sacrifice the facilitator was because Harden is solid at it for a SG and Parsons is solid at it for a SF. Now that you've downgraded from a strong facilitator in Parsons to Ariza I'm not sure you guys can handle Beverley being a non-factor in that role at PG as well. Yes you're better on D with Ariza over Parsons but weaker on playmaking and scoring. There's a trade off. Who's making up that difference? We don't know yet because HOU hasn't signed their role players.

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
I was pretty offended by the way Parsons guarded Lillard on the last shot of the Rockets season. Pathetic defense.

Oh and Mavs fans pumping up Cuban as some kind of demi God, how did he treat Nash on his way out of Dallas?? I wonder if Nash was offended when he won his back to back MVP's after Dallas let him walk for nothing. Look on the bright side according to most of the "ThousandAires" fanbase Parsons will win a few MVPs while leading the club to some rings. LOL so its a wash.

Parsons is making it easy to forget about him.

Chronz
07-15-2014, 12:01 PM
I would have to agree with Parsons being a good defender overall. He was poor last year, and the year before that, but lets not forget why he got the starting job in the first place, he was a much better defender than the likes of Chase Budinger, I remember him playing Kobe tough in isolation island. He has some tools to be an impact player on that end.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I was pretty offended by the way Parsons guarded Lillard on the last shot of the Rockets season. Pathetic defense.

Oh and Mavs fans pumping up Cuban as some kind of demi God, how did he treat Nash on his way out of Dallas?? I wonder if Nash was offended when he won his back to back MVP's after Dallas let him walk for nothing. Look on the bright side according to most of the "ThousandAires" fanbase Parsons will win a few MVPs while leading the club to some rings. LOL so its a wash.

:laugh: Dallas fans are acting like Parsons is the 2nd coming of MJ. i stand by what i said, Parsons played well in Houston because he took advantage of what the defense gave him when they focused on Harden and Howard. His skills and athletic abilities are not to where he can be relied on as a 1st or 2nd option on a team. but Dallas fans and Rockets haters seem to think otherwise so we'll just have to wait for the season to start and see who's right...Rockets fans who's been watching him since he was a rookie or Mavs fans/Rockets haters who just want to see Morey/Rockets fans eat crow.

MagicBucsSox
07-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Because Chandler your not worth 15m per. Your an average player. Not even top 30

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/15/chandler-parsons-offended-by-rockets-approach-to-free-agency/

The Rockets could have – and should have – exercised Parsons’ team option and paid him $964,750 next season.

Instead, he’ll make $14,700,000 next season and $46,084,500 over the next three years.

Houston did him a HUGE favor by treating him like this. If that offends Parsons, who is definitely not a star (though is close enough and young enough at 25 to get there), so be it.

More than being offended, he should really write Morey a thank-you note.

Comedy.

eternal slumber
07-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Parsons is one of my favorite Rocket of all time but to say that you were offended because the Rockets chased after Melo, Bosh and LeBron and didn't thought that you could be that third star is hilarious.

good for you, you got your money now.

Parsons is a very good player but not a star.

good luck in Dallas, we'll see if you'll be worthy of that contract which i highly doubt.

btw, stop being a baby and just enjoy your money.

IgglesFanInCO
07-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Every year less and less people will want to play for that classless *** Morey, its all downhill from here Houston fans, too bad too. I really really liked the rockets a few years ago, went from my second favorite team to one of my most hated in no time flat

eternal slumber
07-15-2014, 12:22 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/15/chandler-parsons-offended-by-rockets-approach-to-free-agency/

Comedy.

would love to see Ariza defend him one on one but i doubt that will happen because they'll put Ariza at Ellis rather than Parson.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 12:25 PM

Comedy.

Houston did him a favor by allowing him to become a RFA so he can get the pay he deserves. it was a mutually beneficial arrangement, he finally gets paid and Houston gets another star. then he turns around and gives Houston the middle figure. it's not like Houston didn't intend to resign him. it think Morey should've been more of an dbag and kept him on his rookie contract so he can be grossly underpaid for another year.

don't get me wrong, i agree with everything that has been said about Morey on PSD recently. Morey is a cocky, arrogant dbag. he doesn't see his players as people, he sees them as objects. he's too cold and calculating and has no loyalty towards his players. but the Parsons situation isn't the best example of Morey's dbag-ness.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 12:26 PM
:laugh: Dallas fans are acting like Parsons is the 2nd coming of MJ. i stand by what i said, Parsons played well in Houston because he took advantage of what the defense gave him when they focused on Harden and Howard. His skills and athletic abilities are not to where he can be relied on as a 1st or 2nd option on a team. but Dallas fans and Rockets haters seem to think otherwise so we'll just have to wait for the season to start and see who's right...Rockets fans who's been watching him since he was a rookie or Mavs fans/Rockets haters who just want to see Morey/Rockets fans eat crow.

i also like to add that if you look at the games where Harden was injured, it was never "future all-star" Parsons that picked up the scoring load...it was Lin. i think, talent wise, Lin was a bigger loss. it's too bad that McHale (i hate him, he's a horrible coach, i wish we fired him) could never figure out how to play Lin and Harden with each other.

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 12:27 PM

Yup. When Parsons becomes the focal point of opposing defenses Dallas fans will be pissed. Wait. Dirk is still there. Come to think of it Parsons will still be a 3rd option with the chucker Ellis on the roster so he should fit right in. Like I said he will get 1 million bucks for every point he averages next year. Awesome value.

You pay for ability. Not probability.

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Yup. When Parsons becomes the focal point of opposing defenses Dallas fans will be pissed. Wait. Dirk is still there. Come to think of it Parsons will still be a 3rd option with the chucker Ellis on the roster so he should fit right in. Like I said he will get 1 million bucks for every point he averages next year. Awesome value.

You pay for ability. Not probability.

Ellis lost the label of chucker last season.. But you wouldn't know that would you?

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Ellis lost the label of chucker last season.. But you wouldn't know that would you?

i actually like Ellis. he improved dramatically last year. he's your best player. i think the Mavs will go as far as he can take them.

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 12:39 PM

OH did he? LOL

brandt
07-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Every year less and less people will want to play for that classless *** Morey, its all downhill from here Houston fans, too bad too. I really really liked the rockets a few years ago, went from my second favorite team to one of my most hated in no time flat

Wrong! They just signed Ariza to a good deal and still have a lot of money to sign someone else. The only person they lost who they had last year by not trading them was Parsons. They were smart not to overpay. They can make up for him for sure! All he did that was classless was the thing to Lin that's it!!! I hate people like you who think they know everything. your full of it when you say you actually liked the Rockets. No you didn't. Your probably one of those jerks like so many other people that say they would have never won their 2 titles if Jordon was there.

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Isn't Parsons defense how he was even able to beat out Budinger (or however you spell his name) his rookie year?

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 12:55 PM
I would have to agree with Parsons being a good defender overall. He was poor last year, and the year before that, but lets not forget why he got the starting job in the first place, he was a much better defender than the likes of Chase Budinger, I remember him playing Kobe tough in isolation island. He has some tools to be an impact player on that end.

Exactly

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 01:00 PM

That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 01:00 PM
i actually like Ellis. he improved dramatically last year. he's your best player. i think the Mavs will go as far as he can take them.

I still think Dirk is that player but this could be the season he decides to not put the team on his back

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Wrong! They just signed Ariza to a good deal and still have a lot of money to sign someone else. The only person they lost who they had last year by not trading them was Parsons. They were smart not to overpay. They can make up for him for sure! All he did that was classless was the thing to Lin that's it!!! I hate people like you who think they know everything. your full of it when you say you actually liked the Rockets. No you didn't. Your probably one of those jerks like so many other people that say they would have never won their 2 titles if Jordon was there.

They over paid a guy that only puts up good numbers in a contract year.

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 01:04 PM
OH did he? LOL

Houston is the best team ever. I bet they win 53.8 championships in row. Morey is Jesus reborn. The country will not be known as the United States of America but as the Houston Rockets of America because of their never ending greatness.

All hall the mighy Rockets of Houston

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Yea Parsons is such a good defender that his man, Batum, was able to raise his ppg and fg% against him :laugh: Again, perimeter defense has been a problem for Houston all season. Parsons was part of that problem. But keep fantasizing about this amazing perimeter defender you got, Mavs fans....you're going to be in for a rude awakening.

ChitownSports16
07-15-2014, 01:05 PM
"Houston we have a problem"

Shareeb_omac2
07-15-2014, 01:09 PM
The Mavs coaching staff seem to like Parsons defensive ability so that's all that really matters to me. They have a history of taking mediocre defenders and turning them into decent ones with their team defense. Last year they lacked a big rim protector which as everyone knows they brought Chandler back. I mean they managed to hide Monte Ellis somehow last year. I think Parsons will be fine lol.

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 01:09 PM
That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.

according to this site Dallas has the exact same payroll, with less flexibility. So who's trying to "buy" a championship? Actually Houston has more flexibility now that you guys have signed that superstar Parsons to his max deal and made him the highest paid player on your team.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-team-salaries-at-a-glance/

Just be patient, all your Anti Houston buddies will log on and lube up pretty soon and ya'll can continue your jack off session to anything and everything Houston related.

Shareeb_omac2
07-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Yea Parsons is such a good defender that his man, Batum, was able to raise his ppg and fg% against him :laugh: Again, perimeter defense has been a problem for Houston all season. Parsons was part of that problem. But keep fantasizing about this amazing perimeter defender you got, Mavs fans....you're going to be in for a rude awakening.
He's still a better defender than Harden though. Come to think of it I think Houston's mediocre coaching is probably why their perimeter D was so terrible.

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Houston is the best team ever. I bet they win 53.8 championships in row. Morey is Jesus reborn. The country will not be known as the United States of America but as the Houston Rockets of America because of their never ending greatness.

Awwwww poo widdle baby cant debate and has to resort to daycare tactics. CUTE!!

Ellis is somewhat efficient for one year and he 'sheds his chucker' label of the previous 10? FUNNY!

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Awwwww poo widdle baby cant debate and has to resort to daycare tactics. CUTE!!

Ellis is somewhat efficient for one year and he 'sheds his chucker' label of the previous 10? FUNNY!

Coaching man, it's all about coaching and Rick is the second best active right now.

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 01:27 PM
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/2012/12/monta-ellis-says-a-few-wins-and-2-rings-are-the-only-difference-between-he-dwyane-wade-video/

“To be honest, I would put myself in the same category as D-Wade. I mean, at the end of the day, the only thing that he has that I don’t have is more wins and two championships. That’s it. As far as playing at the same level? Competing every night? Both ends? Shooting inside and outside? Fast break? Transition? Monta Ellis have it all.” – Monta Ellis

Mr Efficiency Everybody. Monta FREAKING Ellis .... LMAO

D-Leethal
07-15-2014, 01:28 PM
You Texas bicker like Laker/Heat fans on steroids.

One annoying PSD fan base out, another one in.

Dee_Edge
07-15-2014, 01:32 PM
At this point I'm glad Lin & Parsons are gone, I'm offended by both them wussies! Man up boys & enjoy your new cities.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 01:32 PM
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/2012/12/monta-ellis-says-a-few-wins-and-2-rings-are-the-only-difference-between-he-dwyane-wade-video/

Mr Efficiency Everybody. Monta FREAKING Ellis .... LMAO

I don't see how him being arrogant has anything to do with whether he's efficient or not. All I got out of this post is that you're an ***.

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Hmm. I think parsons would be better if he didn't hold himself as highly as this..why put those guarantees of being a star out..he's a perfect glue guy but wants to be a star? I just don't see it with his unorthodox play, slowness, lack of explosiveness, inconsistency.. Great glue guy or 3rd option tho

This reminds me of Tmacs attitude in Toronto..but tmac did turn out a superstar, this usually isn't the case though.

That being said Morey is a dumbass and has an even bigger ego than parsons with the way he handles his players.

I think parsons is ahead of himself here tho. If ur gonna be a star do it man but don't talk it. If u can be fat and slow, not play defense like harden and be labeled a star I guess parsons has a shot tho in today's game

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't see how him being arrogant has anything to do with whether he's efficient or not. All I got out of this post is that you're an ***.

::SAD FACE::: Pfffff check out Captain SaveAThread. GTFOH

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 01:37 PM
OH did he? LOL

Lol. This probably isn't enough for them..should a rounded it to 54 ships....you hater troll

Verbal Christ
07-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Yea because Parsons can and will average 26 PPG right? If being fat and slow like Harden gets you paid millions why aren't you in the NBA?

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 01:39 PM

Dam calm down...rockets are still a competitive team can still sneak in the 8th seed and win a game or two. Better than a lot of teams situations right now like Sixers... Cheer up

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Yea because Parsons can and will average 26 PPG right? If being fat and slow like Harden gets you paid millions why aren't you in the NBA?

Of course a Houston fan takes this personally and gets all sensitive. Seriously why are you guys so defensive over your players and gm? So much.
Harden is fat and slow. So what every player has flaws. I was just pointing out him and Parsons are slower and one is labeled a star ..dirk is slow. Some can make it work. Unless u want to convince me that harden and parsons are quick and speedy go for it Mr defensive.

And compared to the rest of the NBA harden is really fat actually. That's who I'm comparing him to. He's in the felton diaw mix.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 01:46 PM

Please explain to me how Monte thinking he's as good as Wade means he's inefficient.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 01:46 PM
i love how i can't see anything Thuglife write cause i've blocked him. all he does is go around PSD trolling Rockets fan and purposely say things to try to rile up Rockets fans. it's just unfortunate that many of my fellow Rockets fans on PSD falls for his attempts at trolling and doesn't just block him like i do.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 01:48 PM
The Mavs coaching staff seem to like Parsons defensive ability so that's all that really matters to me. They have a history of taking mediocre defenders and turning them into decent ones with their team defense. Last year they lacked a big rim protector which as everyone knows they brought Chandler back. I mean they managed to hide Monte Ellis somehow last year. I think Parsons will be fine lol.

coaching does play a big factor. and i'm going to be honest, Dallas' coaching staff > Houston's coaching staff. so maybe you're right....maybe they can get Parsons to play better defense. but from what he has shown in Houston, i doubt that. but we'll see.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 01:49 PM
He's still a better defender than Harden though. Come to think of it I think Houston's mediocre coaching is probably why their perimeter D was so terrible.

let's be honest, every player in the NBA is a better defender than Harden. still doesn't change the fact that Parsons also played subpar defense in Houston.

Spanklin
07-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Cuban won't put up with these crybaby antics. Chandler better straighten up or he's going to get shipped off somewhere cold: Minnesota.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Yet you fail to mention that Lillard had a higher scoring average, higher fg%, higher rpg average, and higher apg average against beverley in the playoffs. Therefore, beverley's defense sucks.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 02:45 PM
let's be honest, every player in the NBA is a better defender than Harden. still doesn't change the fact that Parsons also played subpar defense in Houston.

Yet you have no objective evidence of any kind to back up your extremely biased homer opinion.

Vinny642
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Morey!!!

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Kelvin Sampson coached the defense last year and left to take a coach gig right before the end of the season. The difference in the defense was astounding.

Parsons was a pretty good defender his first year or two, but not this past year. And I cringed when he was getting cocky in the playoffs. Then he got shown up. Maybe he'll be better in Carlisles system, maybe he'll be a cocky rich dude now and bite off more than he can chew. Like I keep saying, only time will tell.

VladTheImpaler
07-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Huh? Not matching on Nash was one of the hardest things Cuban had to do, and that was about betting (and losing, sort of), that Nash wouldn't be effective for six seasons. There were no hard feelings from either side, no need to invent things.

And what Mavs fans are saying Parsons is the next coming of MJ or some elite defender? Most are just refuting claims that he'll be a bad defender, at best, and think he has a lot of room to grow (he does).

nyKnicks126
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Well looks like the Houston Rockets organization likes to disrespect their players.. It's unfair.. We already saw what Morey disrespect Lin.. Parsons is a quality player and he deserves to be in a franchise that respects him as one..

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Hmm. I think parsons would be better if he didn't hold himself as highly as this..why put those guarantees of being a star out..he's a perfect glue guy but wants to be a star? I just don't see it with his unorthodox play, slowness, lack of explosiveness, inconsistency.. Great glue guy or 3rd option tho

This reminds me of Tmacs attitude in Toronto..but tmac did turn out a superstar, this usually isn't the case though.

That being said Morey is a dumbass and has an even bigger ego than parsons with the way he handles his players.

I think parsons is ahead of himself here tho. If ur gonna be a star do it man but don't talk it. If u can be fat and slow, not play defense like harden and be labeled a star I guess parsons has a shot tho in today's game

But.....I........this........uhhhhhhhhhhh........ Wow. This is honestly the best post I've ever seen you make . Seriously. I'm not joking. It wasn't trolling or baiting. It wasn't homerish. It's refreshing, actually. Seriously. I know I'm being a bit condescending and I know you're going to muck up posts later but I'm 100% honest when I say good job.:clap: I've never done one of these silly emoticon things but have another: :cheers:

Shareeb_omac2
07-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Huh? Not matching on Nash was one of the hardest things Cuban had to do, and that was about betting (and losing, sort of), that Nash wouldn't be effective for six seasons. There were no hard feelings from either side, no need to invent things.

And what Mavs fans are saying Parsons is the next coming of MJ or some elite defender? Most are just refuting claims that he'll be a bad defender, at best, and think he has a lot of room to grow (he does).
Yeah Nash had some health concerns and Cuban was skeptical of Nash holding up for as long as he did. People also seem to think the player Nash was in Phoenix was the player Cuban let walk. No one, absolutely no one guessed he'd go on to become a two time MVP. He was an allstar caliber player for sure but history has warped that situation just a bit.

With that said, yes I regret the fact they didn't re-sign him.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Parsons is a quality player and he deserves to be in a franchise that respects him as one..

No one is disagreeing with Parsons being a quality player. We're (and Morey) is disagreeing with him being a $15 per year "star". He might get there. His next contract might go for more than 15 million a year but honestly right now...…………I have just spoken it to death; I don't know what else to type. Go back and read the pages.

Shareeb_omac2
07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Every Mavs executive and Mavs fan will admit Parsons is overpaid right now. I don't know why anyone is still arguing his value at this point. Dirk taking a paycut was part of the plan to be able to snag another player. People weren't dying to play for Dallas recently so they had to pay above market value to win him over and put Houston in a tough position.

Parsons at $15mil a year, yes overpaid. But when Dirk and Monte are as underpaid as they are, it doesn't hurt the Mavs. It's only a 3 year deal by the way. If it were a long term deal it would hurt more.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Yet you fail to mention that Lillard had a higher scoring average, higher fg%, higher rpg average, and higher apg average against beverley in the playoffs. Therefore, beverley's defense sucks.

You also forgot that Beverly was playing injured with the same injury that that kept Rose out for over a year.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 03:24 PM

A few of the most bitter rockets fans are throwing mud against the wall and seeing what sticks. No need to take any of it seriously.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 03:26 PM
No one is disagreeing with Parsons being a quality player. We're (and Morey) is disagreeing with him being a $15 per year "star". He might get there. His next contract might go for more than 15 million a year but honestly right now...…………I have just spoken it to death; I don't know what else to type. Go back and read the pages.

Blame Michael Jordan. Since he gave Gordon Hayward that offer sheet, the small forwards of the league have been asking more than what they're worth. The market went up for guys like Parsons.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
You also forgot that Beverly was playing injured with the same injury that that kept Rose out for over a year.

Derrick Rose had an ACL tear in his left knee AND a meniscus tear in his right knee. Their situations are in no way comparable. Even prior to his meniscus injury, Beverley had been lit up on a consistent basis by starting PG's in the west.

Also, you forget that Parsons not only played through multiple injuries, but also played very heavy minutes through those injuries.

The point is, you arbitrarily apply shifting standards, and don't have any evidence to back up any of the claims you make anyway, regardless of those standards. At least come back with some stats to back up your extremely biased homer opinions.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Blame Michael Jordan. Since he gave Gordon Hayward that offer sheet, the small forwards of the league have been asking more than what they're worth. The market went up for guys like Parsons.

I think some of that's true, but at the same time I think Cuban had to do what he did to try to get Parsons out of Houston and if it backfired and he couldn't get him to at least make it hogtie Morey's Cap space for a few years. It's pretty much a win-win for Cuban, however I think that he'd much rather have had Houston match then not match because now he's a little bit hogtied for a few years. I don't think he'll ever admit it but I'm pretty sure Cuban would've rather have stuck that contract on Morey then have it stuck on him.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Derrick Rose had an ACL tear in his left knee AND a meniscus tear in his right knee. Their situations are in no way comparable. Even prior to his meniscus injury, Beverley had been lit up on a consistent basis by starting PG's in the west.

Also, you forget that Parsons not only played through multiple injuries, but also played very heavy minutes through those injuries.

Again, read a few comments back when I talked about Sampson leaving and you could easily see the difference. Plus, Beverly was banged up all year. You'll take that as any as an excuse for Parsons but not for Beverly? Some of you guys just need to stop with the inconsistencies. The only consistent thing some of you guys are doing is trolling. Just give it a break.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 03:44 PM
The mavs acquired a great player. Parsons would likely have commanded $12 million on the open market anyway next offseason. And this is based on his current production. If he had taken another step up to 18 or 19 ppg, his asking price might have been even higher.

Therefore, $15 million is not as much of an overpay as some of the most bitter rockets fans would have us believe. Also, if it was such a massive overpay, they would be laughing at the mavs and at cuban. Instead, they're angry that they lost one of their most important players, to a conference and in-state rival.

Make no mistake: the loss of Parsons is huge.

In addition to weakening their roster, the PR hit to Morey and the Rockets may be even worse. Morey went on the radio to talk about Parsons' "untradeable" contract--showing once again that Morey had no interest in Parsons as a player: he was merely an asset to be dangled to lure in another star.

Even when the rockets "win" (not having to absorb the $15 million hit), they lose because Morey is running his big mouth. Morey's arrogance knows no bounds and it is hurting the rockets now and well into the future.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 03:59 PM
The mavs acquired a great player. Parsons would likely have commanded $12 million on the open market anyway next offseason. And this is based on his current production. If he had taken another step up to 18 or 19 ppg, his asking price might have been even higher.
Not going to argue that. I don't think anyone would.

Therefore, $15 million is not as much of an overpay as some of the most bitter rockets fans would have us believe. Also, if it was such a massive overpay, they would be laughing at the mavs and at cuban. Instead, they're angry that they lost one of their most important players, to a conference and in-state rival.

Make no mistake: the loss of Parsons is huge.
It would have been huge if not for the Ariza signing. Better defense at half the price makes it a bit easier to swallow. And people have been laughing at Cuban but I think that's a bit premature. Carlisle turns some players into better players then other coaches and no one would argue that McHale is a better coach than Carlisle.

In addition to weakening their roster, the PR hit to Morey and the Rockets may be even worse. Morey went on the radio to talk about Parsons' "untradeable" contract--showing once again that Morey had no interest in Parsons as a player: he was merely an asset to be dangled to lure in another star.

Even when the rockets "win" (not having to absorb the $15 million hit), they lose because Morey is running his big mouth. Morey's arrogance knows no bounds and it is hurting the rockets now and well into the future.

This is where I disagree. Morey has been this way for years but guys still sign with him. Go back and read posts that we have made. I can't stress that enough.

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 04:16 PM
I think some of that's true, but at the same time I think Cuban had to do what he did to try to get Parsons out of Houston and if it backfired and he couldn't get him to at least make it hogtie Morey's Cap space for a few years. It's pretty much a win-win for Cuban, however I think that he'd much rather have had Houston match then not match because now he's a little bit hogtied for a few years. I don't think he'll ever admit it but I'm pretty sure Cuban would've rather have stuck that contract on Morey then have it stuck on him.

Actually Cuban is not hog tied because both Chandlers and Montes contracts come off the books next year. Chandler will get a much cheaper deal, Monte about the same and the Mavs will be able to add another piece.

gatkins11
07-15-2014, 04:21 PM

Poorly, and Cuban has admitted that.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Actually Cuban is not hog tied because both Chandlers and Montes contracts come off the books next year. Chandler will get a much cheaper deal, Monte about the same and the Mavs will be able to add another piece.
So Ellis is going to stay in Dallas for cheaper than what he wanted last year after his career gets rejuvenated in Dallas? Yeah, I don't know about that one.

And Tyson Chandler has proved he's after the money over winning/rings at this point. Some players are just happy with one. And could the Mavs keep him AND Ellis going forward? Will he change his mind and stay if it means a paycut? Maybe, maybe not. We 'll see.

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Dirk signed for 3/25m

That's 8.3m per

Nuff said.. That more than makes up for over paying Parsons

ice_c
07-15-2014, 04:52 PM
And chandler is not much of an overpay to begin with. He's worth $12 million on the open market. So, perhaps a 25% overpay. If his production improves at all, he'll be worth the contract.

Dirk Diggler Tyson Chandler Parsons is a hell of a starting frontline.

Shareeb_omac2
07-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Tyson Chandler is also on the final year of his big deal. If he resigns with Dallas next year I doubt he is going to ask for as much as he's making now. I think his stint with the Knicks proved his real worth. Mavs have flexibility going forward once again.

IBleedPurple
07-15-2014, 05:00 PM
You Texas bicker like Laker/Heat fans on steroids.

One annoying PSD fan base out, another one in.

LOL. Almost exactly what I was thinking.

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 05:25 PM
So Ellis is going to stay in Dallas for cheaper than what he wanted last year after his career gets rejuvenated in Dallas? Yeah, I don't know about that one.

And Tyson Chandler has proved he's after the money over winning/rings at this point. Some players are just happy with one. And could the Mavs keep him AND Ellis going forward? Will he change his mind and stay if it means a paycut? Maybe, maybe not. We 'll see.

I would expect Ellis would get a slight increase in pay, he's earned it. Chandler would likely also take a paycut. I would expect in the $12 to $15 range. That still leaves the Mavs with around $10 in cap space. Will that get them Marc Gasol? Hell no. It could get them Rondo though. Especially if he comes in a sign and trade. Everyone thinks a team HAS to have 3 "superstars" to win a title which is not true at all. Give me a team loaded with all-stars or near all-stars (including a deep bench) over 3 "superstars" and no bench any day. The Mavs won a title doing it that way. Well they did have 1 superstar and team loaded with near all-stars.

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 05:37 PM

The point is, you arbitrarily apply shifting standards, and don't have any evidence to back up any of the claims you make anyway, regardless of those standards. At least come back with some stats to back up your extremely biased homer opinions.

are you seriously trying to downplay Beverly's torn meniscus in an effort to make Parsons' subpar defensive abilities look better? it's a torn meniscus. let me repeat that...torn meniscus. Are you so dense that you can't see how a player can struggle while playing with a torn meniscus? and a good defensive player doesn't allow his man to perform better than his season average...i really don't see how you can argue against that. it's not like Batum is some offensive Juggernaut/mastermind either. if Batum was a star scorer...you can write if off and be like "oh well...the most you can do to player x is limit him or make it hard for him" but Batum isnt. and Parsons has not suffered any injury that would impede his play in an impactful way.

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 05:38 PM

But.....I........this........uhhhhhhhhhhh........ Wow. This is honestly the best post I've ever seen you make . Seriously. I'm not joking. It wasn't trolling or baiting. It wasn't homerish. It's refreshing, actually. Seriously. I know I'm being a bit condescending and I know you're going to muck up posts later but I'm 100% honest when I say good job.:clap: I've never done one of these silly emoticon things but have another: :cheers:

The article just irritated me, and I stated my honest opinion on it, as I always do, just happens to be in favor of the Rockets somewhat this time so you approve of it...But nonetheless, cheers for now :cheers: (first time using this emoticon too). I will even take this a step further and admit that Parsons signed the offer sheet as early as possible, equally if not more disrespectful than anything he claims..

I am also confident that this peace won't last long either. Because rockets and Morey are still overrated.

Heck I'm tempted to post a thread right now regarding Hardens out of shape off season pics..

LTBaByyy
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Rockets fans still not over it?

So salty. Can't wait for the first Mavs-Rockets game.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Dirk signed for 3/25m

That's 8.3m per

Nuff said.. That more than makes up for over paying Parsons

Yup, class act all the way. Great fan base, loyal players, great team culture. The mavericks are one of the top franchises in the NBA.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 06:22 PM
are you seriously trying to downplay Beverly's torn meniscus in an effort to make Parsons' subpar defensive abilities look better? it's a torn meniscus. let me repeat that...torn meniscus. Are you so dense that you can't see how a player can struggle while playing with a torn meniscus? and a good defensive player doesn't allow his man to perform better than his season average...i really don't see how you can argue against that. it's not like Batum is some offensive Juggernaut/mastermind either. if Batum was a star scorer...you can write if off and be like "oh well...the most you can do to player x is limit him or make it hard for him" but Batum isnt. and Parsons has not suffered any injury that would impede his play in an impactful way.

As I've said for at least the third time, you have no evidence of any kind showing that beverley is an excellent defender, before or after his knee injury.

Actually, beverley reminds me a lot of morey: a lot of energy expended with mediocre results.

Meanwhile, as I said before, you have hypocritical standards for judging players: you dismiss parsons' ongoing injuries throughout the season, and his high minutes, but refuse to factor them in when "evaluating" his defense. Hypocritically, you whine endlessly about beverley's injury and use it as an excuse for his poor defense.

This hypocrisy is clear evidence of your very predictable and extremely biased homer opinion. You have nothing of substance to offer which is why you insult and bait other players, fans and teams in every one of your posts. It's to distract from your lack of knowledge of the game. Your MO is quite obvious and sadly predictable.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 06:25 PM
All this saltiness over Justin Timberlake? Damn.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
As I've said for at least the third time, you have no evidence of any kind showing that beverley is an excellent defender, before or after his knee.

I stopped right there. The guy made second team all defense last year. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm done interacting with you.

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 06:33 PM

Haha! The talent level in the stands should definitely increase this year!

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 06:41 PM
I can see why, Dwight is his boy.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 07:18 PM
another post with no substance.

You've had at least 4 opportunities to reply with evidence that Beverley is an elite defender. You obviously don't have that evidence.

This is de facto admission that beverley is in fact, nothing more than an over-hyped, yet otherwise completely average defender.

ice_c
07-15-2014, 07:21 PM

LOL. Well for me anyway, it's a fascinating look into the culture of various teams in professional sports. And by extension, an important lesson about how to run any business.

Human relationships, character and integrity come first. The bottom line always matters but when you sacrifice the honor of your word and discount people's feelings, you court disaster.

I see this happening with the rockets with morey at the helm. It will be interesting to see how the owner of the rockets responds to this spate of bad press, the pr hit and the poor results in free agent pursuits.

Shlumpledink
07-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Love the franchise, but it has been bad the past few years. The only smart move I think they've made was getting Howard. Overpaying for Asik and then signing Howard show's a lack of foresight or planning on their part though.

Harden is overrated.

Lin is/was overrated at the time they overpaid for him, now they lost a couple picks to get rid of him.

Losing Parsons is dumb. Guy can defend, shoot, and is athletic. He is still very young and has all-star potential. At the very least he is a championship caliber role-player.

Tony_Starks
07-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Haha! The talent level in the stands should definitely increase this year!

Lol. Be on your toes when you attend the games, you might catch a Parsons leftover groupie!

FOBolous
07-15-2014, 08:07 PM
You've had at least 4 opportunities to reply with evidence that Beverley is an elite defender. You obviously don't have that evidence.

This is de facto admission that beverley is in fact, nothing more than an over-hyped, yet otherwise completely average defender.

I've provided plenty of evidence. You just ignore it all and keep repeating "Parsons is a good defender" and "a torn meniscus is not a serious injury" over and over again. Here is a short summery of what you've said so far:

Parsons is a good defender despite no evidence supporting this claim and despite not being able to hold an average offensive player in the playoffs. Beverly is a bad defender despite his accolades because of him not being able to hold Lillard due to him playing with a torn meniscus. You then claim that Parsons was playing injured too but have yet to list any injuries you claim he was playing with that would impede his play in an impactful way despite me asking you for one numerous times.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

Mr.B
07-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Lol. Be on your toes when you attend the games, you might catch a Parsons leftover groupie!

Whatever I can do to help the guy out! Haha

DallasTrilla23
07-15-2014, 08:08 PM

I just hope they are better than the Dalambert groupies. I like thick girls as much as the next guy but damn..

ice_c
07-15-2014, 08:26 PM
I've provided plenty of evidence.

You have not provided a single shred of evidence to support the claim that beverley is an elite defender. You failed by citing the 2nd team all defensive team award. This pseudo award, as I stated, is without merit. It is a popularity contest. Marc Gasol was named to the 2nd team despite winning DPOY award. Clear evidence that the all defensive team awards are a joke.

Other than this pseudo-award, you have no evidence of any kind. Beverley "won" a popularity contest. Over the course of a season, beverley is an average defender. And far worse than that when injured.

b@llhog24
07-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Worst behaviour.

Mutha****ers never loved us!

b@llhog24
07-15-2014, 08:55 PM
I like Parsons but he's being a bit *****y here. If you wanted to be the third star in Houston you would've played like one.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 09:37 PM
I've provided plenty of evidence. You just ignore it all and keep repeating "Parsons is a good defender" and "a torn meniscus is not a serious injury" over and over again. Here is a short summery of what you've said so far:

Parsons is a good defender despite no evidence supporting this claim and despite not being able to hold an average offensive player in the playoffs. Beverly is a bad defender despite his accolades because of him not being able to hold Lillard due to him playing with a torn meniscus. You then claim that Parsons was playing injured too but have yet to list any injuries you claim he was playing with that would impede his play in an impactful way despite me asking you for one numerous times.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

Why are you arguing with this guy still? He's a troll and he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's clearly laughing at you because he keeps saying nothing that makes sense and you keep debating him. Be better than that.

Thumper 88
07-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Lol ^

bleedprple&gold
07-15-2014, 09:43 PM
I like Parsons but he's being a bit *****y here. If you wanted to be the third star in Houston you would've played like one.

Agree. Omg they didn't want me boohoo. Player movement happens all the time in the nba part of the business and not really the big deal Parsons is making it out to be.

bleedprple&gold
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Love the franchise, but it has been bad the past few years. The only smart move I think they've made was getting Howard. Overpaying for Asik and then signing Howard show's a lack of foresight or planning on their part though.

Harden is overrated.

Lin is/was overrated at the time they overpaid for him, now they lost a couple picks to get rid of him.

Losing Parsons is dumb. Guy can defend, shoot, and is athletic. He is still very young and has all-star potential. At the very least he is a championship caliber role-player.

Yes ROLE PLAYER who's now being paid like a star.

Htownballa1622
07-15-2014, 10:28 PM

Makes sense.

But if you were a Rockets fan, you'd be bitter.

Right?

ice_c
07-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Agree. Omg they didn't want me boohoo. Player movement happens all the time in the nba part of the business and not really the big deal Parsons is making it out to be.

True, as far as it goes. But Morey has offended many parties in a very short period of time, and a lot of them are speaking publicly. What's most embarrassing is that they are current and former players of his!

There are also rampant rumors that fellow GM's find him insufferably arrogant and that he's burned many bridges on this front as well.

I won't go so far as to say he is a pariah, but his colossal arrogance is beginning to backfire in a major way.

Mr.B
07-16-2014, 12:10 AM
I just hope they are better than the Dalambert groupies. I like thick girls as much as the next guy but damn..
Hahaha! I don't think I'm man enough to handle a Dalembert goopie!

ricky recon
07-16-2014, 12:13 AM
"I just simply meant that I was offended that they didn't view me as a core piece of their team going forward and they didn't view me as a third star that could win championships there. That was what I meant by offended."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11220928/chandler-parsons-houston-rockets-no-disrespect-intended

FWIW

ice_c
07-16-2014, 12:33 AM
LOL, parsons is very opinionated and outspoken and constantly backtracking also. He's kind of a cocky kid but has a lot of game and can back up the talk a lot of the time.

FOBolous
07-16-2014, 01:25 AM

exactly.

Why are you arguing with this guy still? He's a troll and he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's clearly laughing at you because he keeps saying nothing that makes sense and you keep debating him. Be better than that.

you're right. i should've known better than to fall for a troll. i'll ignore him now.

Saddletramp
07-16-2014, 03:48 AM
You have not provided a single shred of evidence to support the claim that beverley is an elite defender. You failed by citing the 2nd team all defensive team award. This pseudo award, as I stated, is without merit. It is a popularity contest. Marc Gasol was named to the 2nd team despite winning DPOY award. Clear evidence that the all defensive team awards are a joke.

Other than this pseudo-award, you have no evidence of any kind. Beverley "won" a popularity contest. Over the course of a season, beverley is an average defender. And far worse than that when injured.

You still haven't proved that he's not great defensively. He was second team all defense last year. You said that it doesn't mean anything as it's a popularity contest and Marc Gasol won the DPOY and then was second team all defense. What does that matter? Marc Gasol won best in the NBA on one award and second best in the NBA on another. That proves that those lists are invalid? Get outta here with that.

Seriously, what are you trying to do? Make people hate the Rockets? You're starting to sound like Morey traded you after signing with them. Move on. It really is odd that you spend so much energy spouting hate for a team and then say things like "prove that Beverly is a good defender". If I were a Mavs fan, I'd be happy my team won a title a few years back, brought back a huge cog from that championship team, signed a good role player/potential all-star this offseason, have one of the best coaches in the league and an owner that will spend like crazy to win.

Although many things could be said about Nelson/Cuban, too. You said "he's (Nelson) one of the top five GMs in the league" but he treats his guys like assets, too and has for years (although not as much as Morey). He just has to get Cuban to sign off first. [The difference between Cuban and Jerry Jones is that Cuban puts competent people around him that are valued throughout the league (and I'm a Cowboys fan).]

The Mavs used to trade guys at a higher clip then anyone in the league looking to upgrade their team and they eventually won a championship. Also, what were you saying when the Mavs let Tyson Chandler walk a few years ago after they won? Cuban wanted to keep flexibility and couldn't with what Tyson wanted. They finally got a defensive stud next to Dirk and won it all in the one year they had him (a contract year, mind you) and he played lights out. Tyson Chandler was always that guy that underperformed (until a contract year.......sound familiar?) and might have been the missing piece to the Mavs' championship puzzle and he was let go to help Cuban and Nelson (A TOP FIVE GM!) go after another star to slide in next to Dirk. It's pretty much what Morey did this offseason and it's the end of the world when Morey does it.

P&GRealist
07-16-2014, 03:49 AM

:laugh2:

Mr.B
07-16-2014, 09:18 AM
You still haven't proved that he's not great defensively. He was second team all defense last year. You said that it doesn't mean anything as it's a popularity contest and Marc Gasol won the DPOY and then was second team all defense. What does that matter? Marc Gasol won best in the NBA on one award and second best in the NBA on another. That proves that those lists are invalid? Get outta here with that.

Seriously, what are you trying to do? Make people hate the Rockets? You're starting to sound like Morey traded you after signing with them. Move on. It really is odd that you spend so much energy spouting hate for a team and then say things like "prove that Beverly is a good defender". If I were a Mavs fan, I'd be happy my team won a title a few years back, brought back a huge cog from that championship team, signed a good role player/potential all-star this offseason, have one of the best coaches in the league and an owner that will spend like crazy to win.

Although many things could be said about Nelson/Cuban, too. You said "he's (Nelson) one of the top five GMs in the league" but he treats his guys like assets, too and has for years (although not as much as Morey). He just has to get Cuban to sign off first. [The difference between Cuban and Jerry Jones is that Cuban puts competent people around him that are valued throughout the league (and I'm a Cowboys fan).]

The Mavs used to trade guys at a higher clip then anyone in the league looking to upgrade their team and they eventually won a championship. Also, what were you saying when the Mavs let Tyson Chandler walk a few years ago after they won? Cuban wanted to keep flexibility and couldn't with what Tyson wanted. They finally got a defensive stud next to Dirk and won it all in the one year they had him (a contract year, mind you) and he played lights out. Tyson Chandler was always that guy that underperformed (until a contract year.......sound familiar?) and might have been the missing piece to the Mavs' championship puzzle and he was let go to help Cuban and Nelson (A TOP FIVE GM!) go after another star to slide in next to Dirk. It's pretty much what Morey did this offseason and it's the end of the world when Morey does it.
The Mavs did want to keep flexibility because they wanted to be able to make a run at Howard however after they missed out on Howard it wasn't like they just let Tyson walk without making an offer. They offered him $20 mil for 1 year. He wanted a long term deal though.

Saddletramp
07-19-2014, 06:53 PM
The Mavs did want to keep flexibility because they wanted to be able to make a run at Howard however after they missed out on Howard it wasn't like they just let Tyson walk without making an offer. They offered him $20 mil for 1 year. He wanted a long term deal though.

Right. Which is basically what Morey did. Cuban didn't want to hamstring his team to a player (that helped them win a championship) when he knew that Tyson Chandler had an anomaly of a year for him. And that, because of that one year, he wanted to cash in and sign a lucrative multi-year contract that he thought he deserved. Well, Cuban apparently didn't if it was going to mean that the Mavs would have had no room to make other moves (same with Barrea). Was he going to keep it up for a ton of money for the next 4 or 5 years? That would have been the team they rolled with and Cuban didn't think that move would have helped the Mavs in the long run. That team was built to win that year and bringing him back long term wasn't going to mean they were going to replicate that success over the life of the contract with no more wiggle room. The difference is, Parsons and what he brought last year is easier to replace than Tyson Chandler and what he brought that championship year.

Cuban gambled and lost Chandler for nothing. Hopefully, Morey will make better moves in the next few years after gambling away Parsons for nothing.

Aust
07-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Good for him. If he thinks he's ready to be that kind of player, go out there and prove it next season.

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2014, 07:25 PM
The parsons thing isn't a big deal they replaced him with ariza

Lin and asik just makes the organization look bad

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 09:54 PM
He got paid so it is what it is, how many SF's can you afford to have?

tr3ymill3r
07-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Was he offended we didn't match $15 million per year? Because that's ridiculous and $5 million too many per year.

Was he offended we went after other stars? Didn't Dallas do the exact same thing before striking out and landing on their 4 or 5th option?

Personally I think Ariza is the better buy, and I don't think Parsons will fit in very well with Dallas. He is also one back spasm away from being on the sidelines for 3 months. He already lost some of his explosiveness due to them. He also runs more than any other player in the NBA each game and will take a toll on his body.

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 10:39 PM
If anything you can argue they went for Ariza too early before waiting to see what happened in the big picture.

Saddletramp
07-19-2014, 11:19 PM
If anything you can argue they went for Ariza too early before waiting to see what happened in the big picture.

All of the big name guys were gone. If anything, signing Ariza gave them a chance to match Parsons instead if the Rockets walking away with only Parsons. And I'll do you one better, if Morey could have signed a quality backup PG and C for a few years, he might have matched Parsons anyway.

Mr.B
07-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Was he offended we didn't match $15 million per year? Because that's ridiculous and $5 million too many per year.

Was he offended we went after other stars? Didn't Dallas do the exact same thing before striking out and landing on their 4 or 5th option?

Personally I think Ariza is the better buy, and I don't think Parsons will fit in very well with Dallas. He is also one back spasm away from being on the sidelines for 3 months. He already lost some of his explosiveness due to them. He also runs more than any other player in the NBA each game and will take a toll on his body.
I know a lot of people are bashing the Rockets but I honestly think the Ariza signing was a good signing. He does fit their team and what they need. Now is he as good as Parsons? No he's not. But that doesn't mean he sucks. He's a good all around player and was a good consolation signing for Houston. It would have been dumb for them to match that contract because of what they are already paying Howard and Harden. Dallas doesn't have that problem so Parsons contract won't hurt them. He's also young and has consistently improved his game every year he's been in the league so it makes sense that they signed him. I think both teams will be very good this year and I for one look forward to them going at it this year. I think both teams will be battling for that 4th seed this year.

Saddletramp
07-20-2014, 01:13 AM
I know a lot of people are bashing the Rockets but I honestly think the Ariza signing was a good signing. He does fit their team and what they need. Now is he as good as Parsons? No he's not. But that doesn't mean he sucks. He's a good all around player and was a good consolation signing for Houston. It would have been dumb for them to match that contract because of what they are already paying Howard and Harden. Dallas doesn't have that problem so Parsons contract won't hurt them. He's also young and has consistently improved his game every year he's been in the league so it makes sense that they signed him. I think both teams will be very good this year and I for one look forward to them going at it this year. I think both teams will be battling for that 4th seed this year.

Couldn't agree more. Great post.

THE MTL
07-20-2014, 01:27 AM
I heard Lin was offended too lol

Tony_Starks
07-20-2014, 10:42 PM
I heard Lin was offended too lol

Lol I'm offended he's actually on my damn team now!