PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #8 PG In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
07-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

1) Chris Paul
2) Russel Westbrook
3) Stephen Curry
4) Tony Parker
5) Kyle Lowry
6) Damian Lillard
7) John Wall
8)
9)
10)

2013 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Tony Parker
3) Russel Westbrook
4) Stephen Curry
5) Kyrie Irving
6) Deron Williams
7) Rajon Rondo
8) Mike Conley
9) John Wall
10) Ty Lawson

2012 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Russell Westbrook
4) Deron Williams
5) Rajon Rondo
6) Tony Parker
7) Steve Nash
8) Kyrie Irving
9) Kyle Lowry
10) Ty Lawson

2011 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Deron Williams
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Steve Nash
6) Rajon Rondo
7) Tony Parker
8) Jason Kidd
9) Chauncey Billups
10) Stephen Curry

2010 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Deron Williams
2) Chris Paul
3) Steve Nash
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Derrick Rose
6) Chauncey Billups
7) Russel Westbrook
8) Tony Parker
9) Jason Kidd
10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Chauncey Billups
4) Tony Parker
5) Steve Nash
6) Derrick Rose
7) Devin Harris
8) Rajon Rondo
9) Jose Calderon
10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

Mile High Champ
07-14-2014, 11:20 PM
mods please sticky.

cmellofan15
07-14-2014, 11:26 PM
going with Lawson here. even though his shooting percentages were down a bit last year, he still edged out Kyrie in scoring efficiency. add that with the fact that he is a much better passer, less turnover prone, and doesn't demand the ball nearly as much as Kyrie, I'd say it was a pretty easy pick.

Clippersfan86
07-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Eric Bledsoe for sure. Rose didn't even play, should be disqualified. He's the only guy on this list to give you elite D and that goes with his 18/5/5/1.5 numbers on offense on great efficiency. Before his injury last year Bledsoe was at like 20/6/5/2 with top notch efficiency and defense.

unleashthebeast
07-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Should be between Bledsoe and Irving here for sure

cmellofan15
07-17-2014, 01:28 AM
lol in what way aside from ft shooting is Irving better than Lawson?

amak316
07-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Man DWill was #1 in 2010 and should be just in his prime. Hopefully he can get healthy and figure it out under a new coach

Clippersfan86
07-17-2014, 04:02 PM
How is Kyrie better than Bledsoe? Bledsoe has the edge in literally EVERYTHING besides passing. More efficient scorer, FAR better defender.

XpLiCiTT
07-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Why is the poll closed?

bucketss
07-19-2014, 05:11 PM
wtf didn't even see this.

tm95835
07-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Is Dragic in the sg poll?

cmellofan15
07-20-2014, 12:02 AM
definitely think this should be revisited. wasn't even stickied.

bootypants
07-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Where is Dragic?

Im going to go on a limb here and say... Rondo will surprise everyone this year.

Dude just knows how to create, and that is what i appreciate from a PG.

Rose hopefully comes back healthy, and leads the Bulls to the Finals, the addition of Aaron Brooks/Pau makes me confident they will reach it no doubt.

A lot of these guys could be voted here, its pretty tough tbh. I really want to see Dragic in discussion at this spot.

Bledsoe is a beast however, wonder where he ends up. (rumors are LA now?)

seikou8
07-20-2014, 03:02 AM
damn kyrie has really fallen of this year he will bounce back so ill give him the nod here

Duncan = Donkey
07-20-2014, 03:39 AM
definitely think this should be revisited. wasn't even stickied.

Yeah I agree, i had no idea this thread was even posted

Oefarmy2005
07-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Only 12 people voted on this thread - you really need to reopen it for voting.

Bruno
07-20-2014, 03:16 PM
i also didn't notice.

i just stuck it for what its worth. should I reopen the poll?

Kaner
07-21-2014, 01:59 AM
i also didn't notice.

personally I'd prefer you reopened it.

XpLiCiTT
07-21-2014, 02:07 AM
i also didn't notice.

Isn't the answer to that question kind of obvious? There were 12 voters.

Kashmir13579
07-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Just dropped by to see how bad you guys screwed up this year.

roshan3ai
07-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Eric Bledsoe for sure. Rose didn't even play, should be disqualified. He's the only guy on this list to give you elite D and that goes with his 18/5/5/1.5 numbers on offense on great efficiency. Before his injury last year Bledsoe was at like 20/6/5/2 with top notch efficiency and defense.

Should be between Bledsoe and Irving here for sure

Does Mike Conley not exist or something?

Greet
07-21-2014, 11:29 AM
^Yeah roshdog, definitely should be Conley here lol (Since Dragic isn't on the poll?!?!?)

DR_1
07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Mike Conley easily imo

DR_1
07-21-2014, 01:30 PM
I have a question: Why do these polls close so quickly but get left stickied for so long?

mightybosstone
07-21-2014, 07:38 PM
The last two slots should go to Lawson and Conley based on the consistency of their production. It will be interesting to see how different this list is a year from now when you've got Rose and Rondo potentially healthy again and (hopefully) full, healthy seasons of Bledsoe and Holiday. Teague will certainly be another guy worth watching, and I've still got a soft spot for Patrick Beverley. I'm hoping that with fewer playmakers on the team this year, Beverley can shine a bit more on the offensive end, but I doubt he'll be in the top 10 discussion.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2014, 10:34 PM

He exists. He's in the same tier, just don't act like Bledsoe doesn't have a case. Bledsoe scores more, has the higher TS%, Conley has a slight edge in WS/48. Conley is a good defender for sure but not as good as Bledsoe. Conley averages 3 rpg, 6 apg... Bledsoe is at 5 rpg, 5.5 apg. To suggest it's a homerun for Conley is ignorant.

roshan3ai
07-22-2014, 09:50 AM
He exists. He's in the same tier, just don't act like Bledsoe doesn't have a case. Bledsoe scores more, has the higher TS%, Conley has a slight edge in WS/48. Conley is a good defender for sure but not as good as Bledsoe. Conley averages 3 rpg, 6 apg... Bledsoe is at 5 rpg, 5.5 apg. To suggest it's a homerun for Conley is ignorant.

I'm not acting like anything. But don't disrespect Conley by not even putting him in the conversation. Conley is a very good defender and a better facilitator. I would rather have Bledsoe for the future, sure. But I'm pretty sure this poll is based on this past season and not how they will perform next season. So I'll go with Conley.

Those stats are also pretty useless when you don't put them in context. The Suns ranked 8th in Pace while the Grizz ranked 30th in pace. Since Bledsoe plays in a higher paced offense, his per game numbers will look better than Conley's. If you look at per 100 possession stats, you'll see that Conley averages more points and assists than Bledsoe does.

I also never said it's a homerun for Conley. You're just putting words in my mouth. You're the one who didn't even put Conley in the conversation. Don't really understand how you can call someone else ignorant after that.

jimm120
07-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Conley has improved but end of the day, he's still just an above average PG.

Think of Felton in 2010 with the Knicks. He was outstanding, but its more of a guy going from #18-#25 to #11-#15

Conley is good, but he's not top 10 good.

jimm120
07-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Can't someone else help Mile High Champ do this???

This needs to be daily so people can continue voting properly and mistakes like this don't happen. I understand live gets in the way sometimes. That's why more than 1 person should be making the polls daily or every 2 days.

Spanklin
07-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Goran Dragic should be top 5. This poll is bunk.

DR_1
07-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Can't someone else help Mile High Champ do this???

This needs to be daily so people can continue voting properly and mistakes like this don't happen. I understand live gets in the way sometimes. That's why more than 1 person should be making the polls daily or every 2 days.

+1

Clippersfan86
07-22-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm not acting like anything. But don't disrespect Conley by not even putting him in the conversation. Conley is a very good defender and a better facilitator. I would rather have Bledsoe for the future, sure. But I'm pretty sure this poll is based on this past season and not how they will perform next season. So I'll go with Conley.

Those stats are also pretty useless when you don't put them in context. The Suns ranked 8th in Pace while the Grizz ranked 30th in pace. Since Bledsoe plays in a higher paced offense, his per game numbers will look better than Conley's. If you look at per 100 possession stats, you'll see that Conley averages more points and assists than Bledsoe does.

I also never said it's a homerun for Conley. You're just putting words in my mouth. You're the one who didn't even put Conley in the conversation. Don't really understand how you can call someone else ignorant after that.

Why would I mention Conley here when I think Bledsoe deserves the 8 spot lol? I came in simply to look at the list and felt Bledsoe was the best and voted as such. I think Bledsoe and Irving are slightly better (same tier), so I left Conley out of the post. He's up there though.

mightybosstone
07-23-2014, 12:09 AM
It is a little pathetic that Irving won with four votes, even if he was the player most likely to earn the vote here. If we're supposed to take this thing seriously, it needs to be stickied MUCH earlier by the mods and be left up there long enough to get a decent sample size.

DR_1
07-23-2014, 08:24 AM
it needs to be stickied MUCH earlier by the mods and be left up there long enough to get a decent sample size.

Agreed. I didn't even get to vote and it was only up here for a day.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
DRose shouldn't be on this list. Delusional Bulls fans lmao

ManRam
07-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah. This is moving too slowly, and the lack of quick stickies hurts. Someone just report each OP to get it stickied. That's what I always do and it works. It's FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR more effective than MHC saying "mods please sticky" in the second post every time.

cmellofan15
07-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Bledsoe plays a good half season and gets in over Lawson and Conley...oh

DR_1
07-23-2014, 05:02 PM
DRose shouldn't be on this list. Delusional Bulls fans lmao

We weren't the ones who put him on. I agree he should't be an option.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2014, 05:11 PM
We weren't the ones who put him on. I agree he should't be an option.

The person who voted for him was a bulls fan