PDA

View Full Version : Alan Anderson re-signs with Nets

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 08:22 PM
2 year, $2.6 mil contract. 2nd year player option.

Nets starting SG. This was important for the Nets.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Nice contract, finally a team not overpaying lol

Stunner
07-14-2014, 08:29 PM
I wanted him to come to Chicago for that much

mudvayne387
07-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Wow ! Those 7 PTS and 2 REBS a game are really worthy of taking up space in the main forum ! Jk ... Kinda

ManRam
07-14-2014, 08:39 PM
2 year, $2.6 mil contract. 2nd year player option.

Nets starting SG. This was important for the Nets.

Starting SG? Did Joe Johnson die? Or did you mean starting SF? If so: yikes.

It's a good deal, but if he's starting for the league's most ridiculously financed team, that's bad news. Nets are in some sort of purgatory for the next two seasons, man...

1-800-STFU
07-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Championship

ohreally
07-14-2014, 09:19 PM
He may be a big of a chucked on the offensive end, but he's a streak shooter who can hit the 3. But actually, it's his defense that his his best feature, and the Nets can use that. Good re-sign.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
He may be a big of a chucked on the offensive end, but he's a streak shooter who can hit the 3. But actually, it's his defense that his his best feature, and the Nets can use that. Good re-sign.

He's not a good defender

2-ONE-5
07-14-2014, 09:27 PM
lol this didnt need a thread. if Alan Anderson is an important signing for your team your in really terrible shape lol

R. Johnson#3
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Alan Anderson believes he can hit every shot he can take. 1 in every 10 games he gets a hot hand. The rest of the time he is one of the worst chuckers in the league. When he touches that ball, you know it isn't going to anyone else with a Nets jersey on.

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Wow ! Those 7 PTS and 2 REBS a game are really worthy of taking up space in the main forum ! Jk ... Kinda

Reading stats is great. Watching actual games is better.

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Starting SG? Did Joe Johnson die? Or did you mean starting SF? If so: yikes.

It's a good deal, but if he's starting for the league's most ridiculously financed team, that's bad news. Nets are in some sort of purgatory for the next two seasons, man...

Are posing yourself as an NBA knowledgeable fan? JJ is our SF. Watch a few of a teams game before you make a judgment you are unqualified to make.

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Championship

Doubt it. But makes for a better starting backcourt than Deron-Jack, with Teague as your backup PG.

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:21 PM
lol this didnt need a thread. if Alan Anderson is an important signing for your team your in really terrible shape lol

Nets had a BIG hole in the backcourt, and AA just filled it. Yeah, I'd say it was VERY important for the Nets

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Alan Anderson believes he can hit every shot he can take. 1 in every 10 games he gets a hot hand. The rest of the time he is one of the worst chuckers in the league. When he touches that ball, you know it isn't going to anyone else with a Nets jersey on.

Try and watch a Net game or two.

ohreally
07-14-2014, 10:33 PM
He's not a good defender

Whatever you say. I must have been thinking of Melo.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Whatever you say. I must have been thinking of Melo.

Yeah they're both bad defenders... But stop thinking about Melo #pause

mudvayne387
07-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Reading stats is great. Watching actual games is better.

Hahaha If Alan Anderson is a difference maker for the NETS this year , I'll Brazilian wax my genatalia .

mudvayne387
07-14-2014, 10:41 PM

I like to watch nets games after I blow a line and need to unwind. Usually puts me right to sleep ...

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:48 PM
He's not a good defender

Some people would disagree with that statement

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Hahaha If Alan Anderson is a difference maker for the NETS this year , I'll Brazilian wax my genatalia .

So you think Nets are better off without him than with him?

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 10:52 PM
I like to watch nets games after I blow a line and need to unwind. Usually puts me right to sleep ...

Meaning you are snorting heroin. I get it now.

mudvayne387
07-14-2014, 10:57 PM
So you think Nets are better off without him than with him?

Idk if the nets are better or worse with a mediocre role player but I do know they won't win more than 40 games either way ...

TheMightyHumph
07-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Idk if the nets are better or worse with a mediocre role player but I do know they won't win more than 40 games either way ...

Being that you 'know' that, have you placed a wager with a bookie so that you can make a fortune?

DarkKnight
07-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah they're both bad defenders... But stop thinking about Melo #pause

why is he thinking of Melo ? :o

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Meaning you are snorting heroin. I get it now.

I'm pretty sure blow a line means coke. Heroin is usually injected into the vein with a needle. At least that's what I thought. Do people really snort heroin? lol

MonroeFAN
07-15-2014, 08:52 AM

Why on earth would anyone want to do that? Consolidate all of these posts into one so we don't have to look at your name over and over again.

1-800-STFU
07-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Doubt it. But makes for a better starting backcourt than Deron-Jack, with Teague as your backup PG.

Marquis Teague. :laugh2:

Rockice_8
07-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Anderson is a solid bench player to have on a reasonable deal. Most teams in the league would benefit from having him on their team. He's a well rounded veteran that plays his role well and is a high character guy.

The Nets bench is better with him then without him. The majority of these comments are asinine. He played an important role in the Nets beating TOR last year and can handle SG/SF duties. Solid signing for the Nets.

Rockice_8
07-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Marquis Teague. :laugh2:

Teague is terrible and shouldn't see a min of action which is why he wanted to keep Jack in the backup role behind D-Will.

Anderson won't start. It's going to be a combination of AK-47 (SF) and Mirza/Plumlee/KG at the PF. Johnson will probably slide back to the SG spot. Hollins plays a more traditional lineup compared to Kidd's small ball style. Anderson, Bogdanovic and Jack/D-Will (both can play spot min at the 2) who will be the backup wings. Anderson gives them time to develop Brown and Karasev who won't be ready for big minutes.

The Nets barring major health issues should still be a good team with solid depth. Probably another 2nd round exit at best though.

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Anderson sucks :laugh: if he's starting good luck.

Rockice_8
07-15-2014, 09:43 AM

Probably won't (see previous post) but you have plenty of your own problems to worry about.

I Rock Shaqs
07-15-2014, 09:49 AM
He's not a good defender

Nope... pretty sure he is.

ManRam
07-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Are posing yourself as an NBA knowledgeable fan? JJ is our SF. Watch a few of a teams game before you make a judgment you are unqualified to make.

Joe played a lot of SF last year, for sure, and probably will play even more this upcoming year. He was still primarily a 2 last year, so pardon me for letting old habits die hard. Really though, my only point was that I don't think Anderson is starting, regardless of whether or not Joe is playing the 2 or 3. What do I know? Hopefully not as much as you. I know Livingston started a lot of games alongside Deron. I know Anderson was inserted in place of Livingston later in the playoffs. I know that Anderson is as able to play both the 2 and 3 as Joe is...and when they were on the court together from what I saw it was a fluid thing. Joe probably is the starting 3, I'll concede that. I was wrong! How dare I slip up!?

I just think it's a sad day if people are excited for Anderson to be starting games. I'm also not sure he will.

TheMightyHumph
07-15-2014, 11:57 AM
I just think it's a sad day if people are excited for Anderson to be starting games. I'm also not sure he will.

Thay's because you ain't a Net fan.

hugepatsfan
07-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Alan Anderson = GOAT

DarkKnight
07-15-2014, 12:14 PM
3 pages on who ? This should be in the Net's forum, insignificant bench player

FOXHOUND
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM
The poor accounting in the Nets front office is mind blowing. It's like everything was going smooth until they got that luxury tax Bill and now they're freaking out. They're trying to be super cheap, it's not like the luxury tax information was a secret. They should have done their financial homework before making that horrendous trade with Boston.

TheMightyHumph
07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
3 pages on who ? This should be in the Net's forum, insignificant bench player

It is in the Nets forum.

Let's restrict talk of any player to his teams forum.

TheMightyHumph
07-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Alan Anderson = GOAT

He's pretty good.

TheMightyHumph
07-15-2014, 12:32 PM

Got Nets into the 2nd rd.

TheMightyHumph
07-15-2014, 12:34 PM
The poor accounting in the Nets front office is mind blowing. It's like everything was going smooth until they got that luxury tax Bill and now they're freaking out. They're trying to be super cheap, it's not like the luxury tax information was a secret. They should have done their financial homework before making that horrendous trade with Boston.

Proky is an NBA idiot. Cutting costs because his Russian billionaire friends are laughing at him because of the loss.

Rockice_8
07-15-2014, 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure they understood the bill before making the move. They mortgaged a few years of their future for a shot at a ring. Turns out MIA was just too strong and they couldn't get over the hump. Was it worth it probably not seeing where they are now.

They aren't being cheap though. Pierce was the only player they let walk and that would have cost them 20M to resign him. Is he worth that? No. Is he making them a championship contender? doubtful.

I think you're confusing cheap and financially smart. Why spend an extra 20M on him when he doesn't get them where they want to be. Nets are moving towards 2016 when they'll basically have nothing on the books outside of D-Will (expiring contract). They'll probably still be competitive for the next two years (playoffs with 1st or 2nd round exits) with a mix of vets D-Will, JJ, Lopez, AA, AK, Jack, Plumlee, Mirza etc with a few young guys sprinkled in and look for a complete rebuild in 2016.

imagesrdecievin
07-15-2014, 06:29 PM

Proky is an NBA idiot. Cutting costs because his Russian billionaire friends are laughing at him because of the loss.

Everyone points to the loss but in reality he has made a ton on his investment. The value of the Franchise and arena has skyrocketed since he bought in. It takes money to make money and Proky is making a bundle.

As for AA - it's a great depth signing at a bargain price. Compare his deal to the one's Sefalosha and Morrow signed this off-season. Coach Hollins should do a good job casting him in the Tony Allen role.

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2014, 06:34 PM

Oh yeah Alan Anderson got them to the 2nd round I thought it was joe Johnson and Paul pierce my mistake

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Probably won't (see previous post) but you have plenty of your own problems to worry about.

Melo resigned, we have a pick this year and a boatload of cap coming up we good but thanks for your concern.

imagesrdecievin
07-15-2014, 06:39 PM

Oh yeah Alan Anderson got them to the 2nd round I thought it was joe Johnson and Paul pierce my mistake

Anderson played a big role. He started game 7 against the Raps and definitely set the tone with strong defense and taking the ball to the hole. Without him we probably lose that game.

GiantsSwaGG
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Alan Anderson = GOAT

He's no Mike James but he's great

NBA_Starter
07-15-2014, 07:29 PM
He's a boss

GiantsSwaGG
07-15-2014, 07:32 PM
He's a boss

He's the guy in your sig

FOXHOUND
07-15-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure they understood the bill before making the move. They mortgaged a few years of their future for a shot at a ring. Turns out MIA was just too strong and they couldn't get over the hump. Was it worth it probably not seeing where they are now.

They aren't being cheap though. Pierce was the only player they let walk and that would have cost them 20M to resign him. Is he worth that? No. Is he making them a championship contender? doubtful.

I think you're confusing cheap and financially smart. Why spend an extra 20M on him when he doesn't get them where they want to be. Nets are moving towards 2016 when they'll basically have nothing on the books outside of D-Will (expiring contract). They'll probably still be competitive for the next two years (playoffs with 1st or 2nd round exits) with a mix of vets D-Will, JJ, Lopez, AA, AK, Jack, Plumlee, Mirza etc with a few young guys sprinkled in and look for a complete rebuild in 2016.

If they had a Paul Pierce 1-year rental in mind when they made that deal then they are even more stupid than I thought. I don't think you can call the Nets "financially smart" being that they just wrecked their cap for a couple of years on a mediocre old roster that lasted one year.

benzni
07-16-2014, 12:26 AM
As a Nets fan too, I really have to say that I am not at all excited about Anderson possibly starting:speechless:

He is a role player and I hate that this is even a thread as it makes the Nets and their fans look bad by glorifying an "average at best" player.

TheMightyHumph
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM
As a Nets fan too, I really have to say that I am not at all excited about Anderson possibly starting:speechless:

He is a role player and I hate that this is even a thread as it makes the Nets and their fans look bad by glorifying an "average at best" player.

Sorry, but it was important that the Nets re-sign him. I'd imagine he could have gotten more money somewhere else.

Rockice_8
07-16-2014, 01:34 PM
If they had a Paul Pierce 1-year rental in mind when they made that deal then they are even more stupid than I thought. I don't think you can call the Nets "financially smart" being that they just wrecked their cap for a couple of years on a mediocre old roster that lasted one year.

They weren't planning a 1 year rental, it was supposed to be a championship contender for 2-3 years prior to 2016 until they blew it up for a rebuild when PP and KG retired. They aren't financially smart but that move was.

Looking at how they performed they don't see a championship team anymore and decided to get younger this year in prep for 2016. If they knocked off the Heat and made the ECF or Finals and fell just short I bet you have seen Pierce back. Since they didn't why pay him 20M per year to lose in the second round again? This was also wasn't about money it's about future flexibility. There's more than money at stake here. The repeater tax is very strict on teams and limits them. Signing Pierce would have put them over that and hurt them big time. For a championship team you take the chance, not for a this team.

On paper the trade looked good but it never materialized like they had hoped. They were a really good team but Lebron was better. They'll still be competitive for the next two seasons, avoid the repeater tax and have practically a clean slate in 2016 with a few younger players, if they trade D-Will.

Avoiding the repeater tax was the goal here more than the Nets being cheap.

Rockice_8
07-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Melo resigned, we have a pick this year and a boatload of cap coming up we good but thanks for your concern.

I'm not concerned at all actually. Your pick won't be that great and the stacked draft was last year, there's not a lot of talent in the 2015 FA class (many guys will get resigned) and you don't have as much cap space as you think you do.

Thanks for your useless post though in a Nets thread regarding a bench player.

0nekhmer
07-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I've watched this chucker bring my raptors into and out of games. I will say he's got a lightning first step and is a great perimeter defender.

TheMightyHumph
07-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for your useless post though in a Nets thread regarding a bench player.

Right now, it would appear AA might be the starting SG.

2-ONE-5
07-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Nets had a BIG hole in the backcourt, and AA just filled it. Yeah, I'd say it was VERY important for the Nets

lol no its really not. nets a far from a contender Anderson isnt changing anything