PDA

View Full Version : Rockets/Morey after Kevin Love or Rajon Rondo

Nikeman
07-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love

Gotta give Morey credit for being persistent lol. He really thinks the Rockets are going to land another big name and isn't giving up home.

Any Rockets fans want to enlighten us what assets the Rockets have that could possibly land them Rondo or Love?

Morey just keeps finding ways to give Rockets fans hope lol, but no matter how you put it, if they lose Asik/Parsons and Lin for just Ariza, Rockets took a huge step backwards.

Vinny642
07-14-2014, 12:35 PM
They better hope they get something

jsthornton7
07-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love

Gotta give Morey credit for being persistent lol. He really thinks the Rockets are going to land another big name and isn't giving up home.

Any Rockets fans want to enlighten us what assets the Rockets have that could possibly land them Rondo or Love?

Morey just keeps finding ways to give Rockets fans hope lol, but no matter how you put it, if they lose Asik/Parsons and Lin for just Ariza, Rockets took a huge step backwards.

Lol yeah, I'm sure T-Wolves would take Alonso Gee, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela and a couple 1sts for Kevin Love....

Not really sure how Rockets intend to acquire him. I would even consider that for Rondo.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 12:40 PM
They could realistically land Rondo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but HOU has enough cap space to absorb his contract. He makes $12,909,090 this year. Even if they don't, they're close enough where they could send us bit players to make it work.

They also have a trade exception that they could use to take on Brandon Bass. He's not a true stretch 4 with a 3 point shot but he's absolutely money from mid-range. He's also worked himself into a very good defender, both team and individual. He's an expiring contract so there's no long term committment for HOU. They just add a good bench piece on a rental.

HOU gets: Rondo, Bass (absorbed into Lin trade exception)
BOS gets: 2015 NO 1st rounder, draft rights to Clint Capela OR 2017 HOU 1st round pick, $12.9 mil trade exception (Rondo), $6.9 mil trade exception (Bass)

0nekhmer
07-14-2014, 12:40 PM
At least they have.. Capspace? Lol they're fking up badly this off season.

houstonfan
07-14-2014, 12:42 PM
No chance we have the assets to get Love. Its possible we could get Rondo although he is an awful fit for this team. Our best assets are the N.O. pick, Jones, D-Mo, Capela, actually anyone on the team other than Harden/Howard/Ariza.

0nekhmer
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
They could realistically land Rondo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but HOU has enough cap space to absorb his contract. He makes $12,909,090 this year. Even if they don't, they're close enough where they could send us bit players to make it work.

They also have a trade exception that they could use to take on Brandon Bass. He's not a true stretch 4 with a 3 point shot but he's absolutely money from mid-range. He's also worked himself into a very good defender, both team and individual. He's an expiring contract so there's no long term committment for HOU. They just add a good bench piece on a rental.

BOS gets: 2015 NO 1st rounder, draft rights to Clint Capela OR 2017 HOU 1st round pick, $12.9 mil trade exception (Rondo), $6.9 mil trade exception (Bass)

Are you living in moreys mind too? Why the hell would Boston take that offer? The best thing Houston could've done is sign and trade parsons to Boston, but they ****ed that scenario.

FlashBolt
07-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Rondo for this team is God awful. Doesn't even make sense to have two ball dominating guards. Rondo is perfect for OKC but not for HOU. Rockets really need a stretch 4 and if they are looking for Love, clearly they can't afford him unless they give up some valuable pieces. Wolves are better off trading with Cleveland than Rockets.

But damn.. HOU went from a potential line-up of:

C: Howard
PF: Bosh
SF: Parsons
SG: Harden
PG: Beverley

to

PF: ?
SF: Ariza

Must be a blow for them.

jsthornton7
07-14-2014, 12:47 PM

You can't use a trade exception that way. Has to be a straight up deal.

Also, HOU is at 56.8 in salary right now. They have a team option they can decline on Alonso Gee to get them to around 10M under which would be enough to take on Rondo's salary.

I just don't see what assets they have that would appease Boston.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 12:48 PM
No chance we have the assets to get Love. Its possible we could get Rondo although he is an awful fit for this team. Our best assets are the N.O. pick, Jones, D-Mo, Capela, actually anyone on the team other than Harden/Howard/Ariza.

I really don't think Rondo is a bad fit for you guys. Harden would have to adjust to playng off the ball more but he can IMO.

Quinnsanity
07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Houston could make a compelling offer for Rondo if they make Patrick Beverley available, but the question is why would Houston want Rondo? He really doesn't fit what they want to do. He can't shoot, he's moody and he's ball-dominant. I'd much rather have a point guard who's comfortable off the ball and can shoot, like Goran Dragic. Hell, I'd even rather work some cap magic and make a run at Deron Williams. Rondo doesn't really make sense. I get the idea of acquiring assets, but at a certain point you have to make sure they can play together.

alexander_37
07-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Rondo for this team is God awful. Doesn't even make sense to have two ball dominating guards. Rondo is perfect for OKC but not for HOU. Rockets really need a stretch 4 and if they are looking for Love, clearly they can't afford him unless they give up some valuable pieces. Wolves are better off trading with Cleveland than Rockets.

to

Must be a blow for them.

Terrence Jones... You really don't even know their PF? You have no right to be commenting on this team.

houstonfan
07-14-2014, 12:53 PM
I really don't think Rondo is a bad fit for you guys. Harden would have to adjust to playng off the ball more but he can IMO.

Ya i think thats where we will disagree. Harden has never been good off the ball. Its possible he could get better but I wouldve loved to have a point guard that can spot up well and create when he has to like a Kyle Lowry.

Max.This
07-14-2014, 12:56 PM
i like love for the rockets but rondo is a very ball dominant pg. However..... harden played next to .. westbrook so i think he could make it work. Best thing to do with howard is to surround him with great outside shooters , but rondo isnt very efficient from the field

Tony_Starks
07-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Pretty sure if Ainge ever decides to trade Rondo he can do better than Houston's scraps. And Flip already turned down Klay and David Lee, picks for Love, also better.

It's a pipe dream. Best trade asset they had now wears a Maverick jersey.

alexander_37
07-14-2014, 01:03 PM
i like love for the rockets but rondo is a very ball dominant pg. However..... harden played next to .. westbrook so i think he could make it work. Best thing to do with howard is to surround him with great outside shooters , but rondo isnt very efficient from the field

Maybe that's why they picked up a guy who shot 40% from 3?

Dade County
07-14-2014, 01:07 PM
I was thinking about this the other day.

As long as Minnesota trades Love to a team that he isn't really interested in, the Rockets can go after him in free agency next year.

Howard & Love.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 01:09 PM
You can't use a trade exception that way. Has to be a straight up deal.

Also, HOU is at 56.8 in salary right now. They have a team option they can decline on Alonso Gee to get them to around 10M under which would be enough to take on Rondo's salary.

I just don't see what assets they have that would appease Boston.

The Rockets have the following players under contract...

Dwight Howard: $21,436,271
James Harden: $14,728,844
Trevor Ariza: $8,600,000
Terrence Jones: $1,618,680
Donatas Motiejunas: $1,483,920
Patrick Beverly: $915,243
Issiah Cannon: $816,482

I left out all the non-guaranteed deals (besides Beverly because they're obviously keeping him). That's a combined $49,599,440. The salary cap is at a little over $63 mil so that gives them roughly $13.5 million in cap space. However, there are cap holds to get up to 13 players that complicate things a little. But Danny Ainge and Morey are two of the more creative GMs in the NBA. I'm sure there's a way they can make that work where Rondo fits under the cap for HOU.

And on the trade exception part, I'm pretty sure you can absorb a player in the trade exception as part of a larger deal.

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 01:17 PM
This is Rondo's last year under contract, exactly why is Boston dumping him for cap space? Patrick Beverly? You guys are hiiiiiggh.

He can try but Morey has zero to trade, unless he plans on moving Howard or Harden. Boston will try to trade Rondo at some point, he's going to want the max and they will not give it to him. That's why they drafted Marcus Smart and resigned Bradley. They won't be trading him for Terrence Jones or Patrick Beverly.

JasonJohnHorn
07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
After dumping Lin, Asik and letting Parsons go, I'm not sure the Rockets have the contracts and the trade bait needed to make a trade.

Morey really dropped the ball this offseason.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Rondo's not nearly as valuable as people make him out to be. HOU could easily put together a package for him with what they have. EASILY. The NO pick from next year and the draft rights to Capela would be enough.

Lucky.
07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Rajon Rondo is very realistic for them. However, Love is a different story.

Nikeman
07-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Rondo's not nearly as valuable as people make him out to be. HOU could easily put together a package for him with what they have. EASILY. The NO pick from next year and the draft rights to Capela would be enough.

I guess you are a Boston fan, from your name/sig? If you say that Houston has enough, then I'll buy it. But Rondo has to want to go to Houston as I believe he expires next season.

As far as Rondo/Harden, I don't think Rondo is as bad a fit with Harden as people here are making it out to be. Both are ball dominating, but Rondo is one of the past passers and floor generals in this league, and Harden is a damn good shooter so playing off the ball for him may not be the worst thing.

Harden will have to sacrifice the ball a little bit, but if I am the Rockets, thats a GREAT thing. The Rockets rely on iso Harden too much and often lacked ball movement when I watched them. Often Harden had the ball for 10+ seconds just dribbling or standing there. Imagine a Howard/Rondo pick and roll game, deadly. Ariza becomes much more valuable with Rondo as well as he will get many more open looks.

With Rondo creating for everyone on offense, Harden maybe, just maybe can focus a bit more on D.

Nikeman
07-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 4h
ESPN sources say Rockets promised Bosh they would match on Parsons if he committed and believed they were on brink of commitment from Bosh

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 4h
But when Bosh opted instead to sign five-year max w/Miami, Houston chose to sign Trevor Ariza and keep chasing one more name for the marquee

Morey is definitely in it for the big acquisition.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 01:41 PM
I guess you are a Boston fan, from your name/sig? If you say that Houston has enough, then I'll buy it. But Rondo has to want to go to Houston as I believe he expires next season.

As far as Rondo/Harden, I don't think Rondo is as bad a fit with Harden as people here are making it out to be. Both are ball dominating, but Rondo is one of the past passers and floor generals in this league, and Harden is a damn good shooter so playing off the ball for him may not be the worst thing.

Harden will have to sacrifice the ball a little bit, but if I am the Rockets, thats a GREAT thing. The Rockets rely on iso Harden too much and often lacked ball movement when I watched them. Often Harden had the ball for 10+ seconds just dribbling or standing there. Imagine a Howard/Rondo pick and roll game, deadly. Ariza becomes much more valuable with Rondo as well as he will get many more open looks.

With Rondo creating for everyone on offense, Harden maybe, just maybe can focus a bit more on D.

I don't know if HOU has enough to make Ainge trade Rondo but I think they have enough to make an offer as good/better than what other teams would offer. I don't think Ainge wants to trade Rondo even though we won't sign him long term. Rondo is (incorrectly) viewed as a star around the NBA by a lot of players because he's had so many great moments in spotlight situations. That makes him a recruiting pitch. I think Ainge will try to hold onto him until next offseason in hopes that Rondo can help attract good FAs or get a player Ainge trades for to re-sign. If that doesn't come to fruition, then we'll just let him walk. Since Rondo's value to GMs is more in line with the type of player he actually is than it is his reputation it's not like we'd be missing out on a great package to lose him for nothing. The return would be low enough that I think Ainge will risk it to potentially land some impact additions next year.

bcc
07-14-2014, 01:52 PM

The Celtics have as many as 10 first-round picks over the next 4 years. 10.
Not at all sure Boston needs (or wants) more draft picks.
And Gerald Wallace, who two years left @ $10M per, would have to be part of this, certainly instead of Bass. Bass is done after this season and makes under $7M.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Not gunna happen. Morey get your head out your ***** and start signing bench help. We don't need three stars let's get a good balanced team together.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Not gunna happen. Morey get your head out your ***** and start signing bench help. We don't need three stars let's get a good balanced team together.

What expletive with 5 letters fits in that sentence?

Saddletramp
07-14-2014, 02:04 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Since we all get edited anyway, I sometimes wonder why we don't just use words like crap, butt, jerk and wuss(y) more. Guess we gotta keep that toughness up.

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 02:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Since we all get edited anyway, I sometimes wonder why we don't just use words like crap, butt, jerk and wuss(y) more. Guess we gotta keep that toughness up.

I believe it's wussie, if you know what I mean.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 02:05 PM
I just want to know where he thinks Morey's head is.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 02:07 PM
I believe it's wussie, if you know what I mean.

lol that's actually a really funny comment with that word in there. Can't say I've heard someone tell a man to get his head out of his "wussie" so it didn't register with me.

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 02:08 PM
lol that's actually a really funny comment with that word in there. Can't say I've heard someone tell a man to get his head out of his "wussie" so it didn't register with me.

Lmao, I'm loving it. Gonna add it to my insult vocabulary.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Lmao, I'm loving it. Gonna add it to my insult vocabulary.

I hope someone ticks me off on the way hom today so I can bust that one out.

"Get your head out of your ***** and watch where you're going!!!"

NYMetros
07-14-2014, 02:15 PM
If they're trying to land Rondo or Love then they just lost their best asset that Minny or Boston would want in Chandler Parsons. Why the heck did they let him go if they're trying to land Rondo/Love? They have nothing to offer now.

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
I hope someone ticks me off on the way hom today so I can bust that one out.

"Get your head out of your ***** and watch where you're going!!!"

Hahaha!

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 02:19 PM
If they're trying to land Rondo or Love then they just lost their best asset that Minny or Boston would want in Chandler Parsons. Why the heck did they let him go if they're trying to land Rondo/Love? They have nothing to offer now.

If you match an offer on a RFA you can't trade them for a year.

Blink
07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Terrence Jones... You really don't even know their PF? You have no right to be commenting on this team.

Lol you mad bro?

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 02:25 PM

Well I put the letter " A " and then "$$" after it haha idk why it added 2 extra characters

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Well I put the letter " A " and then "$$" after it haha idk why it added 2 extra characters

Head out of your *** is so boring. Head out of your ***** is better. You should have just claimed it. :laugh2:

goingfor28
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
I assumed it was azzes

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 02:33 PM

Wait, what!?

DISAPPOINTED!!!

No, it's wussie. Please.

likemystylez
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM

to

Must be a blow for them.

I think if they were to sign bosh, theres no way they woulda matched parsons.... just too many max contracts LOL

unleashthebeast
07-14-2014, 02:37 PM

Yeah you're right. In hindsight, definitely should've accepted his team option for this year and then used him in a deal. The Rockets really screwed the pooch this offseason

Saddletramp
07-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah you're right. In hindsight, definitely should've accepted his team option for this year and then used him in a deal. The Rockets really screwed the pooch this offseason

Like you just said, in hindsight. I figured they would match with Parsons after slipping in somebody for depth right before they had to match and then maybe trade Parsons at some point if they need to or Ariza and flip them for Kevin Love or somebody of that ilk but after hearing what Morey said today, it makes sense that they let him go. He basically said there was no way that you could trade Chandler Parsons as his first year was a no trade deal (due to the RFA) and then he couldn't be moved realistically because of the money he was making and his (presumable) production level. He knew that if he signed Parsons he'd have him for the next three years at that price unlike Asik or Lynn who could be moved even with weird deals. Cuban got him, no doubt but I wonder if Cuban would have offered that same sheet knowing Morey wouldn't of matched. In other words, I wonder if Cuban is cool with what he has to pay Chandler for the next three years and the restrictions on it.

Sadds The Gr8
07-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Rondo doesn't seem like a morey type player so I'm surprised they keep chasing him. Dont think he's a good fit

valade16
07-14-2014, 02:59 PM

A pick between 10-15 and an unknown player are enough to get Rondo?

Doubtful.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Like you just said, in hindsight. I figured they would match with Parsons after slipping in somebody for depth right before they had to match and then maybe trade Parsons at some point if they need to or Ariza and flip them for Kevin Love or somebody of that ilk but after hearing what Morey said today, it makes sense that they let him go. He basically said there was no way that you could trade Chandler Parsons as his first year was a no trade deal (due to the RFA) and then he couldn't be moved realistically because of the money he was making and his (presumable) production level. He knew that if he signed Parsons he'd have him for the next three years at that price unlike Asik or Lynn who could be moved even with weird deals. Cuban got him, no doubt but I wonder if Cuban would have offered that same sheet knowing Morey wouldn't of matched. In other words, I wonder if Cuban is cool with what he has to pay Chandler for the next three years and the restrictions on it.

Everyone knew Parsons would get a ridiculous offer sheet. If the Rockets didn't intend to match a ridiculous offer he was sure to get they should have just picked up his option. That's not hindsight.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
A pick between 10-15 and an unknown player are enough to get Rondo?

Doubtful.

A pick between 10-15 might actually be an overpayment for Rondo. I don't see any team in that range being willing to give up their pick for Rondo. I can only think of one other spot... MIL makes some sense if they think he would re-sign there. It's not a glamorous destination but Brandon Knight (they're moving him to SG), Giannis, Parker and Sanders has the potential to be a pretty great starting 5. And they'd potentially have the ability to sign another max player next offseason. I think that's the best fit. I proposed this trade in their forum...

BOS gets: C Zaza Pachulia, G/F Carlos Delfino, G Steve Nash, MIL 1st round pick
MIL gets: G Rajon Rondo, C Joel Anthony
LAL gets: G O.J. Mayo, F/C John Henson

The MIL fans said they didn't think Rondo would re-sign and that they couldn't get another max player next offseason (they would have the cap to do that and also re-sign Rondo with this deal). They want to keep rebuilding. I really think they're underselling their talent though. Parker should be an instand stud. Sanders is DPOY caliber if he's healthy/got his mind right. Giannis is still raw but a potential stud. I think they could keep Rondo there (at his age the 5th year is huge) and with that lineup they should attract somebody.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 03:10 PM
If you thought Lin and Harden the backcourt were bad, Rondo and Harden will be 10X worse.

shep33
07-14-2014, 03:16 PM
They lost a bunch of assets this summer. But I think rondo is attainable, I just don't like the fit.

IndyRealist
07-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting that a player has to agree to a sign-and-trade. Parsons got the money he wanted with the team he wanted. There was no way he was leaving Texas.

Nikeman
07-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Dwain Price @DwainPrice 4 minutes ago
#Rockets GM Daryl Morey told a Houston radio station Parsons' contract is one of the most untradeable ones he's seen. Is this sour grapes?

I still think Houston's offseason can be salvaged.

With Mirotic and Gasol signing, Boozer is sure to be amnestied. Houston was rumored to be taking back Boozer in a 3 way trade with Lakers/Bulls before. If they put in a solid bid, they could easily land Boozer.

Aust
07-14-2014, 03:34 PM
idk if that's a good fit, but I'm interested in what that would look like

IndyRealist
07-14-2014, 03:35 PM
#Rockets GM Daryl Morey told a Houston radio station Parsons' contract is one of the most untradeable ones he's seen. Is this sour grapes?

Definitely. There were far uglier "untradable" contracts out there, and those guys got traded. Gay, JJ, Arenas come to mind.

FriedTofuz
07-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Rondo apparently isnt a bad enough fit because Morey has tried to simulate Rondo on the rockets with 2K. :laugh2:

FriedTofuz
07-14-2014, 03:36 PM
All morey does is go after big names and never consider fit. Chris bosh should've been his first option instead of melo.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 03:38 PM

I still think Houston's offseason can be salvaged.

With Mirotic and Gasol signing, Boozer is sure to be amnestied. Houston was rumored to be taking back Boozer in a 3 way trade with Lakers/Bulls before. If they put in a solid bid, they could easily land Boozer.

Beverley/Cannan
Harden/Daniels/Johnson
Ariza/Covington
Boozer/Jones/Dmo
Howard/Dmo

If they can get to this, and then add maybe J.Nelson or Marion. The offseason will be a success again

I want no part of rondo, and Love is a wet dream for morey.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Definitely. There were far uglier "untradable" contracts out there, and those guys got traded. Gay, JJ, Arenas come to mind.

It's how the contract is set up that makes it untradable

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Man, I don't like these type of trades because you risk them just walking when they become free agents. Love just said he'd sign long-term with LeBron not Dwight Howard or that ball hog Harden. Love and Rondo want to do what LeBron, Melo and Bosh did this offseason.....experience the free agency courting. Houston just does not have a good fit with Howard and Harden. They will win you some regular season games but you can't honestly have faith with those two after they constantly come up short in the post season. Rondo and Harden is a disaster waiting to happen and now Howard has a hair up his butt to feed him the ball more which caused friction in the playoffs this last season. They'd have to give up too much to have no assurance either of them if they brought them in would resign. You lost Parsons, have Ariza so just work with what you have this season and pursue free agents next summer who are willing to sign with you, not forced to play with you because of a trade.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Man, I don't like these type of trades because you risk them just walking when they become free agents. Love just said he'd sign long-term with LeBron not Dwight Howard or that ball hog Harden. Love and Rondo want to do what LeBron, Melo and Bosh did this offseason.....experience the free agency courting. Houston just does not have a good fit with Howard and Harden. They will win you some regular season games but you can't honestly have faith with those two after they constantly come up short in the post season. Rondo and Harden is a disaster waiting to happen and now Howard has a hair up his butt to feed him the ball more which caused friction in the playoffs this last season. They'd have to give up too much to have no assurance either of them if they brought them in would resign. You lost Parsons, have Ariza so just work with what you have this season and pursue free agents next summer who are willing to sign with you, not forced to play with you because of a trade.

Ok I agree with your post 100% except Howard causing friction I. The playoffs about touches. Not true at all. He said the ball should go inside out and they did that next game and they won that game. Stop blaming Howard it's ridiculous.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 03:48 PM
If Howard was serious about winning a championship he should've matured more and stayed with Kobe because D'Antoni was not coming back. Pau would've stayed and signed on for two or three more years and you could've been a legit contender. Howard cowers away from any accountability.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
If Howard was serious about winning a championship he should've matured more and stayed with Kobe because D'Antoni was not coming back. Pau would've stayed and signed on for two or three more years and you could've been a legit contender. Howard cowers away from any accountability.

Oh lord.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Ok I agree with your post 100% except Howard causing friction I. The playoffs about touches. Not true at all. He said the ball should go inside out and they did that next game and they won that game. Stop blaming Howard it's ridiculous.
The problem is the more you throw it into him you stand more of a chance of him getting fouled and then you know what happens negatively 55% of the time there. It looked to me that he wanted to score more from what I saw. He wanted to be more aggressive scoring. He may of dished it out to open shooters when the double team came but he wanted to score.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh lord.

Hey, I am the furthest thing from a Lakers fan but staying in LA with Kobe and Pau gives him a better chance at a chip than teaming with Harden. I'm sorry you don't like that but it's a fact.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Pursuing Carmelo didn't make any sense. That would've burdened houston's offense with 3 notorious ball stoppers. Harden may very well be the worst in the league. Passing to Dwight is like throwing the ball into a black hole. Carmelo was actually booed for his ball stopping at various points as a knick.

It almost doesn't matter who the rockets sign. Everyone eventually becomes a selfish one on one player in the rockets "system." Even beverley started going one on one at the end of the season. The rockets are a mess. Their overwhelming talent covered for mchale's incompetence last season, but the rockets lost multiple key players this offseason.

I wouldn't be surprised if mchale was badly exposed this upcoming season. I wouldn't be shocked if the NOP beat them out for a playoff spot. Asik, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, E Gordon, Holliday, Ty Evans. That's a very good roster.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I mean come on, Houston should have beaten Portland last season. Portland went and got waxed by the Spurs in the next round. Houston would have at least won two games against the Spurs and make them earn that second round.

ghettosean
07-14-2014, 04:00 PM
All morey does is go after big names and never consider fit. Chris bosh should've been his first option instead of melo.

Agreed Bosh was a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better fit than Melo on that squad.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 04:01 PM
hey, i am the furthest thing from a lakers fan but staying in la with kobe and pau gives him a better chance at a chip than teaming with harden. I'm sorry you don't like that but it's a fact.

?????????? X 1000 x ????????

ice_c
07-14-2014, 04:01 PM
I mean come on, Houston should have beaten Portland last season. Portland went and got waxed by the Spurs in the next round. Houston would have at least won two games against the Spurs and make them earn that second round.

Everyone "got waxed" by the spurs. Ask the heat.

FlashBolt
07-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Howard+Rondo would be a good pair but not Howard+Rondo+Harden. Completely changes the dynamics of a team. And with the market having very few good stretch 4's available, I don't see how this works for Houston. I don't get why they didn't go after Ryan Andersen? Probably the best shooting 4 in the game and they could've gotten him for Asik, I believe?

ghettosean
07-14-2014, 04:06 PM
They lost a bunch of assets this summer. But I think rondo is attainable, I just don't like the fit.

This

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Everyone "got waxed" by the spurs. Ask the heat.

Dallas didn't. Those Texas teams all kill each other and play one another tough.

valade16
07-14-2014, 04:11 PM

The Spurs were constant movement and passing. The rockets, on both ends of the floor, are a stagnant team that relies too much on one guy.

They would have been obliterated by SA.

Also, Dwight Howard is the LAST person who deserves blame for the Portland series. Dude went all out and was the main reason they even had a chance.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I would venture to say that Houston should keep Howard because there aren't many agile big men who play elite D and try next offseason to acquire Rondo and Love through free agency. If there is a possibility they can sign those two then make Harden as a part of a sign and trade with Boston for Rondo which may have to include another team but somebody would want Harden. Rondo, Love and Howard is a better fit. I can see Rondo going there but Love has so many destinations he likes or could go through that he's hard to figure where he'd sign long-term outside of Cleveland.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 04:18 PM
The Spurs were constant movement and passing. The rockets, on both ends of the floor, are a stagnant team that relies too much on one guy.

They would have been obliterated by SA.

Also, Dwight Howard is the LAST person who deserves blame for the Portland series. Dude went all out and was the main reason they even had a chance.

I am not blaming Howard for that loss I am blaming the dynamic they have there with Harden being a black hole on the offensive side of the ball and a 100% liability defensively so when he's shooting 10 out of 30 something from the floor and plays zero defense he kills Houston. What I said about Howard was that he wanted the ball to go into him so he could score which is commendable but it's hard to change what you were doing all season in the opening round of the playoffs. They had nobody else to go to offensively but Parsons on occasion but whenever Howard touches the ball down low he's going to the line which by the margin they lost by in some of those games was the difference in Howard's free throw shooting. Harden killed them all around, Howard's free throw shooting didn't help and there was nobody else to pick up the slack.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 04:50 PM
I am not blaming Howard for that loss I am blaming the dynamic they have there with Harden being a black hole on the offensive side of the ball

Howard is also a black hole on offense.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 05:02 PM

You obviously didn't watch the rockets in the playoffs.

mightybosstone
07-14-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't like Rondo and never wanted him in a Rockets uniform. I especially don't him in a Rockets uniform after that dumpster fire of a season he had last year. I would rather Houston pay Beverley Rondo's contract figures and just not add Rondo at all than to trade for Rondo. He's a horrible fit for Houston and is coming off an atrocious season of basketball.

mightybosstone
07-14-2014, 05:13 PM

It's a little pathetic that you have 41 posts and probably 80-90% of have been trash talking of the Rockets. Move on, bro. Or did you just join the forum to give Houston **** for one bad week of the offseason?

hugepatsfan
07-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I don't like Rondo and never wanted him in a Rockets uniform. I especially don't him in a Rockets uniform after that dumpster fire of a season he had last year. I would rather Houston pay Beverley Rondo's contract figures and just not add Rondo at all than to trade for Rondo. He's a horrible fit for Houston and is coming off an atrocious season of basketball.

He was coming off a torn ACL on one of the worst teams in the NBA in a new offensive system playing with players that for th emost part he had little to no playing time with. And he couldn't even get any rythm going with us sitting him on all back to backs (to "rest" him but really to tank). I'm not a Rondo supporter at all but when I make an argument against him but I wouldn't cite last year at all. Just not fair to judge him on the court. He had one incident where he skipped a team flight or something to celebrate his birthday but other than that he actually showed inproved maturity/leadership IMO. I actually feel better about Rondo now than I did this time last year. I didn't think all that much of him before though so that's not saying a ton.

mightybosstone
07-14-2014, 05:58 PM
He was coming off a torn ACL on one of the worst teams in the NBA in a new offensive system playing with players that for th emost part he had little to no playing time with. And he couldn't even get any rythm going with us sitting him on all back to backs (to "rest" him but really to tank). I'm not a Rondo supporter at all but when I make an argument against him but I wouldn't cite last year at all. Just not fair to judge him on the court. He had one incident where he skipped a team flight or something to celebrate his birthday but other than that he actually showed inproved maturity/leadership IMO. I actually feel better about Rondo now than I did this time last year. I didn't think all that much of him before though so that's not saying a ton.

I'll admit that last season wasn't a totally fair season to judge him on, it's really concerning to me if I'm a team that's acquiring Rondo that he hasn't returned to his peak form since the injury. How are we supposed to know he'll ever be that player again? Also, he hasn't played in 70 games in a season since 2010, even peak Rondo was terribly overrated and even peak Rondo would have been a bad fit next to James Harden. Would I rather have peak Rondo at this contract than Beverly at that same number? Sure. Of course. But would I rather have Beverley at less than $1 million right now or peak Rondo at this much? I'd kinda rather have Beverley.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 06:01 PM
It's a little pathetic that you have 41 posts and probably 80-90% of have been trash talking of the Rockets. Move on, bro. Or did you just join the forum to give Houston **** for one bad week of the offseason?

So I guess all is well with the Houston Rockets, nothing to discuss. Harden isn't a problem in the post season, I guess my eyes deceived me when he was costing his team so bad that Howard started demanding the ball. It's not just the offseason that people are talking about it's the two guys that are the leaders of the club because I don't see any leadership coming from either. I mean Bosh kept them and their 88 million on hold to see if there was going to be another offer. Parsons had no problem going to Dallas, these are red flags, not Houston Rockets bashing. It doesn't mean anything that OKC let Harden walk and decided to keep Ibaka instead two years ago? Harden is too much about trying to prove OKC was wrong for letting him go and his shot selection proves that. He's a good player who can go off offensively but letting players blow by you defensively would kill any team.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
I'll admit that last season wasn't a totally fair season to judge him on, it's really concerning to me if I'm a team that's acquiring Rondo that he hasn't returned to his peak form since the injury. How are we supposed to know he'll ever be that player again? Also, he hasn't played in 70 games in a season since 2010, even peak Rondo was terribly overrated and even peak Rondo would have been a bad fit next to James Harden. Would I rather have peak Rondo at this contract than Beverly at that same number? Sure. Of course. But would I rather have Beverley at less than $1 million right now or peak Rondo at this much? I'd kinda rather have Beverley.

Did you honestly just get banned for saying what you said in post #80?

ice_c
07-14-2014, 06:05 PM
You obviously didn't watch the rockets in the playoffs.

That's what I was referring to in particular. Harden was laying so many bricks he could've built a cathedral.

Then Howard started demanding the ball and tried to show the world that his multiple offseason training sessions with Hakeem were paying off.

The rockets need to learn how to call a play other than "ISO."

Crackadalic
07-14-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't think Rondo is a good fit for Houston. If he was a better shooter yeah but he can't and he also needs the ball to be effective and Harden handles the ball a lot.

Quinnsanity
07-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Did you honestly just get banned for saying what you said in post #80?

I know right?

ThuglifeJ
07-14-2014, 07:19 PM
lol here we go again.

ESPN seems to agree that Houston blew it this offseason. At least what I saw on around the horn today they were all gunning Morey saying he's clearly not all that if he can have an offseason like this. Near exact words. HAH I'm not alone.

smith&wesson
07-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Rondo would be a natural fit with the rockets

rondo-ariza-howard can make them a solid defensive team as well.

TheNumber37
07-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Neither would re sign. Love would find his way to cavs, warriors, Lakers via free agency.

And rondo would end up in NY or in Detroit

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Rondo would be a natural fit with the rockets

rondo-ariza-howard can make them a solid defensive team as well.

You need three NBA All-First Team Defenders to make up for what Harden doesn't do. His guy is usually the other team's best scorer.

RB#20
07-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Rondo would be a good piece on this team with Howard. Rondo will be a great piece on this team if they can acquire Love too. They will have to give up The Beard to either Boston or Minny though in order to make it work. Still Howard/Love/Ariza/SG/Rondo is much better than only a Harden/Rondo backcourt.

RB#20
07-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Maybe they can even land Jeff Green and Rondo then slide Ariza to SG.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Lol I can only imagine a Rondo-Howard offense.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Rondo Ariza and Howard with no Harden????? Yea we would be scoring 70 points a game on a great night. Harden is t going anywhere.

RB#20
07-14-2014, 08:31 PM
ok. Figure out how you would make 4 max contracts work, and have an offense flow functionally with Harden and Rondo both wanting to dominate the ball-handling responsibilities. If they are thinking of trading for Rondo, don't expect them to keep Harden for long especially if it means they can swing Kevin Love. It was obvious the style of basketball the team wanted to play when they made that offer to Chris Bosh - dominate inside.

Sssmush
07-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Rockets are in the running. I've heard that Morey is also interested in Griffin, CP3, Kawhi, Aldridge, Wall and Wiggins. He is also interested in pursuing Lebron in 2016. The sky's the limit for these Rockets. Dwight and Harden are superstars.

Quinnsanity
07-14-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm really surprised they aren't making a run at Josh Smith. He's a great defender and fits their offense (I think he could shoot 35% from three with defenses occupied by Harden and Howard), and they could presumably get him without giving much up if Detroit just wants to dump his contract. I know it's not as glitzy as they'd like, but they really need to go all in and actually make their play. Could a Beverley-Harden-Ariza-Smith-Howard with Jones-Motiejunas-Capela-Canaan bench win the West? I don't know, but I think that's better than the squad they have last year assuming they can find some bench help.

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 08:46 PM
ok. Figure out how you would make 4 max contracts work, and have an offense flow functionally with Harden and Rondo both wanting to dominate the ball-handling responsibilities. If they are thinking of trading for Rondo, don't expect them to keep Harden for long especially if it means they can swing Kevin Love. It was obvious the style of basketball the team wanted to play when they made that offer to Chris Bosh - dominate inside.

He wouldn't be targeting them both I don't think, just one. Preferably Love but they have 0 assets to trade him for.

Rondo harden Ariza jones and Howard is a good balanced lineup IMO I know Rondo and harden clash by handling the ball but I think Harden would adjust

theGhost-isGone
07-14-2014, 09:06 PM
This thread is boring without MightyBossTone. I doubt Houston has what it takes to get either of these guys, Parsons was the best asset they had which is unfortunate that he's now with Dallas. That team actually looks pretty solid if they can get a Bledsoe at PG, who I think Houston should be looking into as well.

FlashBolt
07-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Trade Harden for Rondo/Brandon Bass, sign Lance Stephenson?

PG: Rondo
SG: Stephenson
PF: Brandon Bass

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 09:23 PM

Yuck! I want the team to stay as it is with the addition of 1 or 2 bench pieces. The spurs won having a solid TEAM not this star filled crap Morey and Riley try to pull off. Get Marion and Nelson and call it an offseason!

Beverley/Nelson/Cannan
Harden/Daniels/Johnson
Ariza/Covington
Marion/Jones/Capella
Howard/Dmo

I wish there was a solid back up center to sign but there isn't. This lineup has Defense and Offense.

RB#20
07-14-2014, 09:24 PM

You run into the same problem with Rondo and Stephenson clashing with each other though not as bad as a Rondo/Harden backcourt would be. Plus, if you are giving up James Harden, I sure hope its for more than Rondo and Bass. That team is a lot worse than where they are at now. As a Celtics fan, trust me...you DON'T want to trade Harden for Rondo and Bass. Significant downgrade. I mean I will take that trade any day. :D

I think Harden is your piece to land Kevin Love. Top 5 SG in the league for arguably the best PF in the league. Rondo/Love/Howard will work out very well. They just need an outside threat and some 3-point shooting off the bench, some smart basketball players that know their role and the Rockets can be a force in the west.

Quinnsanity
07-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Something worth noting: are we certain Kevin Love would re-sign in Houston without Harden? I don't think it's so much a question of whether the team would be good enough, but would Love really trust a GM willing to trade Harden to get him? Wouldn't he be worried about getting shipped off to some other ****** team for a better player down the line?

rockets-fan
07-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Something worth noting: are we certain Kevin Love would re-sign in Houston without Harden? I don't think it's so much a question of whether the team would be good enough, but would Love really trust a GM willing to trade Harden to get him? Wouldn't he be worried about getting shipped off to some other ****** team for a better player down the line?

If the Rockets ever got Love it's with a trip or Harden/Love/Howard. They wouldn't give up harden despite what posters in here think.

And this is a pointless topic because Houston has nothing to offer for love. If waiters,Thompson, Bennett and a pick couldn't do it. There's no way in hell the rockets could make an offer without getting laughed at

SILVER SEAVER
07-15-2014, 01:21 AM
Rockets are in the running. I've heard that Morey is also interested in Griffin, CP3, Kawhi, Aldridge, Wall and Wiggins. He is also interested in pursuing Lebron in 2016. The sky's the limit for these Rockets. Dwight and Harden are superstars.

How many guys do you think they're going to land? They can be interested in all those guys but I would be surprised if any of those mentioned players will go there on their own will. Leonard is staying put in San Antonio, Wall is Washington's franchise player whose team is now on the rise, CP3 is the Clippers franchise, Aldridge stated he wants to be the best Blazer ever and if Wiggins isn't traded for Love he will be LeBron's running mate along with Kyrie so maybe out of all those guys you mentioned Blake would go for the money but it's hard to see the Clippers letting their most marketable guy walk out the door. They may just have to hope for the best with Harden, Howard and Ariza which isn't too shabby but definitely not a championship team. They should've at least made it to the second round last season because Portland was a fluke with Aldridge being in the unconscious zone. Just the way I see it, I've been known to be wrong.

SILVER SEAVER
07-15-2014, 01:29 AM
Yuck! I want the team to stay as it is with the addition of 1 or 2 bench pieces. The spurs won having a solid TEAM not this star filled crap Morey and Riley try to pull off. Get Marion and Nelson and call it an offseason!

Beverley/Nelson/Cannan
Harden/Daniels/Johnson
Ariza/Covington
Marion/Jones/Capella
Howard/Dmo

I wish there was a solid back up center to sign but there isn't. This lineup has Defense and Offense.

If Houston traded Harden for a few pieces and went after some of the big fish free agents in '15 &'16 they would be a better team with one of the best defensive players in the league anchoring their defense. I like Ariza and Beverly defensively along with Howard down low. Kevin McHale needs to make them a more defensive oriented team and slowly that's what I think he will build there. Forget the up and down the floor offense, defensively they have some good pieces but Harden's offense isn't good enough consistently to make up for his atrocious defense. You can't win with your best player that inconsistent.

Shareeb_omac2
07-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Houston has probably the least attractive assets to propose to either of these teams. Harden and Howard are untouchable and everything outside of that is meh.

I keep reading about Morey being a genius but I'm genuinely curious as to what he has EVER done that makes people believe that? He traded for Harden when it was evident he was not going to resign in OKC. And then Dwight Howard hand picked the Rockets based on them having Harden and salary to throw at him. He seems to really screw players over by flipping their contracts and at some point players are going to take note and avoid signing to a team that has commitment issues (ie Asik and Lin).

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Stop wanting stars morey!!!!!!! Dammit!

brandt
07-15-2014, 01:58 AM
CP3 said he would have signed with the Rockets last year if Doc Rivers didn't sign on to be their coach.

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 02:01 AM
CP3 said he would have signed with the Rockets last year if Doc Rivers didn't sign on to be their coach.

Yea but he's a clipper now and a happy player in LA. .001% chance he leaves that for Houston and the only reason input .001 is because I heard he doesn't like how much Blake and DJ goof around

AIRMAR72
07-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Houston could make a compelling offer for Rondo if they make Patrick Beverley available, but the question is why would Houston want Rondo? He really doesn't fit what they want to do. He can't shoot, he's moody and he's ball-dominant. I'd much rather have a point guard who's comfortable off the ball and can shoot, like Goran Dragic. Hell, I'd even rather work some cap magic and make a run at Deron Williams. Rondo doesn't really make sense. I get the idea of acquiring assets, but at a certain point you have to make sure they can play together. Rondo is the PERFECT fit for Houston with Rondo IQ and WILL power Howard effort and points should improve along with Harden I wish they sign parson and give him what he deserve the man earned it

Monta is beast
07-15-2014, 02:19 AM
No shot at Love and to get Rondo your going to have to give up all depth and future picks.. all bad for houston

rockets-fan
07-15-2014, 02:24 AM
No shot at Love and to get Rondo your going to have to give up all depth and future picks.. all bad for houston

Smart man right here. Idk why anyone would think that we had a shot at them

Sssmush
07-15-2014, 02:40 AM
How many guys do you think they're going to land? They can be interested in all those guys but I would be surprised if any of those mentioned players will go there on their own will. Leonard is staying put in San Antonio, Wall is Washington's franchise player whose team is now on the rise, CP3 is the Clippers franchise, Aldridge stated he wants to be the best Blazer ever and if Wiggins isn't traded for Love he will be LeBron's running mate along with Kyrie so maybe out of all those guys you mentioned Blake would go for the money but it's hard to see the Clippers letting their most marketable guy walk out the door. They may just have to hope for the best with Harden, Howard and Ariza which isn't too shabby but definitely not a championship team. They should've at least made it to the second round last season because Portland was a fluke with Aldridge being in the unconscious zone. Just the way I see it, I've been known to be wrong.

Morey is a wizard. I heard he wants to trade 4 first round draft picks for CP3 and 4 lotto picks for Aldridge. He has also completed early media registration so that Houston is the first team officially entered in the Lebron 2016 free agent sweepstakes. He also wants Kyrie and Rondo, which we know, and if Wiggins can score at least 20 points in 3 consecutive games to start the season he is for sure a superstar and Morey will have to at least consider packaging Dwight and/or Harden along with picks for Wiggins. This is only if he is certain that Wiggins is the next Jordan. If Wiggins is only the next Stackhouse then they will package 3 first rounders along with player assets to participate in a 3 team trade to get Kevin Love to Cleveland.

Of course they are diminished with having lost Lin, Asik and Parsons for virtually nothing, but as I said, the Rockets are in the running, and with a superstar like Dwight I don't think anybody can predict a first round playoff exit again this year, even if Harden plays zero defense.

alexander_37
07-15-2014, 03:07 AM

Lol Aldridge being better than Clyde.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 03:44 AM
Hey, I am the furthest thing from a Lakers fan but staying in LA with Kobe and Pau gives him a better chance at a chip than teaming with Harden. I'm sorry you don't like that but it's a fact.

HUH? Kobe is 35 coming off a torn a chillies. Harden is 25 and has surpassed Kobe's current self as a player and is still improving. Kobe is the biggest ball hog in the history of the game. You can't win with a 35 year old Kobe bryat coming off and a chillies who still thinks he should be shooting the ball 22 times a game.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 04:28 AM
lol here we go again.

ESPN seems to agree that Houston blew it this offseason. At least what I saw on around the horn today they were all gunning Morey saying he's clearly not all that if he can have an offseason like this. Near exact words. HAH I'm not alone.

HAHA. Good try, TLJ. You forgot to mention the part when they were asking everyone who had the bigger signings and two of the three guys (Isola was eliminated) said the Gasol signing was the biggest between Pierce, Gasol and Tyson/Parsons including Dallasite Tim Cowlishaw. And he wouldn't talk about Parsons until Tony made him to which he said that he's a young great player but he's overpaid. But with Dirk and Ellis being underpaid, it doesn't matter. (And Ellis is in a contract player option year, will he be there next year for about $9M? And how much longer will Dirk be around?)

And the other (Bomani) mentioned the Parsons deal as making the Rockets worse off but "giving him that much money if you're Dallas with Daryl Morey calling it the most untradeable contract he's ever seen, you gotta wonder if the team that got him might be in worse shape down the line."

If you're going to bring up what the pundits say, don't give just one side. Yet another reason why you're a terrible poster.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 04:31 AM
Morey is a wizard. I heard he wants to trade 4 first round draft picks for CP3 and 4 lotto picks for Aldridge. He has also completed early media registration so that Houston is the first team officially entered in the Lebron 2016 free agent sweepstakes. He also wants Kyrie and Rondo, which we know, and if Wiggins can score at least 20 points in 3 consecutive games to start the season he is for sure a superstar and Morey will have to at least consider packaging Dwight and/or Harden along with picks for Wiggins. This is only if he is certain that Wiggins is the next Jordan. If Wiggins is only the next Stackhouse then they will package 3 first rounders along with player assets to participate in a 3 team trade to get Kevin Love to Cleveland.

Of course they are diminished with having lost Lin, Asik and Parsons for virtually nothing, but as I said, the Rockets are in the running, and with a superstar like Dwight I don't think anybody can predict a first round playoff exit again this year, even if Harden plays zero defense.

I seriously can't tell if your posts are meant to be funny or if your serious. No offense either way, because no matter what your reason is, Im still going to enjoy reading them.

....OK sorry, after re-reading it and chuckling every sentence, you are definitely playing around. Someone answered your first post seriously, and it kind of made me rethink if you were playing or not.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 04:36 AM
I seriously can't tell if your posts are meant to be funny or if your serious. No offense either way, because no matter what your reason is, Im still going to enjoy reading them.

Why on worth would you think this troll has any business being mentioned in the same sentence with the word serious? Or funny? And why would anybody "enjoy reading them"?

I'm starting to feel really embarrassed for posting in here and reading some of you peoples posts and thoughts. Man, it's getting sad.

shep33
07-15-2014, 04:39 AM
Surprised at Morey. He seems like someone who would build a Spurs-like team. I don't get his fascination with a 3rd star, they already have Howard and Harden. Just build around those guys.

IKnowHoops
07-15-2014, 04:41 AM
Why on worth would you think this troll has any business being mentioned in the same sentence with the word serious? Or funny? And why would anybody "enjoy reading them"?

I'm starting to feel really embarrassed for posting in here and reading some of you peoples posts and thoughts. Man, it's getting sad.

Common, all trolls are funny at first.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 04:58 AM
Common, all trolls are funny at first.

I don't know anything about you besides these two posts of yours and what you implied. But I can honestly say: you're better than that. Be better than that.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Stop wanting stars morey!!!!!!! Dammit!
He doesn't believe in role players and continuity with the same guys and just tweaking minor things. He's looking to hit the home run every summer without thinking of the direction of the franchise and instilling a constant culture with a certain group of guys.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 05:47 AM
Surprised at Morey. He seems like someone who would build a Spurs-like team. I don't get his fascination with a 3rd star, they already have Howard and Harden. Just build around those guys.

Shhhhhhhh. You just implied that Chandler Parsons wasn't a third star. He gonna mess you up, man. Mess you up good.

Sssmush
07-15-2014, 05:49 AM

....OK sorry, after re-reading it and chuckling every sentence, you are definitely playing around. Someone answered your first post seriously, and it kind of made me rethink if you were playing or not.

sometimes I am really trying to give an objective assessment of the Rockets, but then it's like I get sucked into the gravitational pull of Morey's greatness, the immense mass of his basketball wizardry. Some events, such as putting up Carmelo billboards all over Houston wearing Jeremy Lin's number, are so next-level that it just curves my analysis completely, to where it starts to seem humorous, even to me. But if you really buy-in to the Morey magic, if you really drink the Koolaid, then there is no reason not to think that Houston is not already involved in bringing Lebron to the Rockets in 2016, or engineering a trade for Kevin Love, or Carmelo, or Wiggins, or CP3. Or all of the above. There's simply no way to be sure what Morey's next move will be.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 05:49 AM

It's because he doesn't trust Howard. He isn't ORL Dwight, not even close. He's a liability at the free throw line, and after 10 yrs, he still hasn't developed a consistent post game. How can Morey be confident in him. That's why he's been looking for a 3rd and 4th guy to go with no defense Harden and offensively inept Dwight.

AddiX
07-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Does morey know he lost all his trade chips already?

Rockets fans are in bigger denial than lakers fans, when lakers thought they had a chance this off season.

P&GRealist
07-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Does morey know he lost all his trade chips already?

Rockets fans are in bigger denial than lakers fans, when lakers thought they had a chance this off season.
Lakers fans like myself have accepted reality. Wish the am same could be said about Rockets fans. They couldn't get Bosh, so now they're finalizing a deal with a scrub like Joey Dorsey.

utl768
07-15-2014, 02:58 PM
they have no one to trade for either of those guys

ice_c
07-15-2014, 03:17 PM
It doesn't matter who he's after. Morey's reputation is mud now.

bcc
07-16-2014, 01:30 PM
I go to almost every Rocket home game and I'm stunned by this "Rondo is a bad fit in Houston" stuff. And this is based on what, exactly.
Doesn't seem like a "Morey type of player?" I have absolutely zero idea what a Morey type of player even is.
And more than anything, Harden needs help in the back court. I want a difference making PG who can get Harden the ball at the right times, in the right shooting position. Rondo is 28 and has had more meaningful moments and played in more big games than Westbrook, CP3 and Kyrie Irving combined. IMO, Beverly proved he can't be a factor in the postseason last year; the stage is simply too big for him.

rockets-fan
07-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I go to almost every Rocket home game and I'm stunned by this "Rondo is a bad fit in Houston" stuff. And this is based on what, exactly.
Doesn't seem like a "Morey type of player?" I have absolutely zero idea what a Morey type of player even is.
And more than anything, Harden needs help in the back court. I want a difference making PG who can get Harden the ball at the right times, in the right shooting position. Rondo is 28 and has had more meaningful moments and played in more big games than Westbrook, CP3 and Kyrie Irving combined. IMO, Beverly proved he can't be a factor in the postseason last year; the stage is simply too big for him.

Your about to get killed for that statement about CP3 Westy and kyrie haha

bcc
07-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Playoff games, Conference final games, Game 7 of a few Conference Finals, two NBA Finals, Game 7 on the road in an NBA Final..
Rondo has had the ball in his hands, in the last, pressure-filled moments of close games, in all these scenarios.
Westbrook, 1 trip to the NBA Finals.
Paul, some playoff games, no Conference final visits.
Irving; forget it..
Point out where any of what I've said is inaccurate.
I'm not necessarily saying Rondo is better than any of these guys but do not tell me that postseason experience doesn't matter. Especially in Houston's current situation, with lots of veteran players.

rockets-fan
07-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Playoff games, Conference final games, Game 7 of a few Conference Finals, two NBA Finals, Game 7 on the road in an NBA Final..
Rondo has had the ball in his hands, in the last, pressure-filled moments of close games, in all these scenarios.
Westbrook, 1 trip to the NBA Finals.
Paul, some playoff games, no Conference final visits.
Irving; forget it..
Point out where any of what I've said is inaccurate.
I'm not necessarily saying Rondo is better than any of these guys but do not tell me that postseason experience doesn't matter. Especially in Houston's current situation, with lots of veteran players.

I'm not disagreeing with you, there just a lot of people in this site now that troll the rockets everytime they get and this will be one of those times hah

Shareeb_omac2
07-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Rondo has played in way more meaningful games and has played a bigger role in bigger games than those guys. He's not wrong.

But he won't fit on the Rockets who already have 2 guys that want to dominate the time of possession. Rondo likes to dominate the ball.

kobe4thewinbang
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Saw a report that Warriors still unwilling to part with Klay Thompson for Kevin Love, so Rockets might be able to work some magic. Not sure who they have left to offer, though. Only way I see it working is to trade Harden for Love and somehow get Rondo (???). Otherwise, Rondo is a terrible fit.

ballpd05
07-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Rondo has played in way more meaningful games and has played a bigger role in bigger games than those guys. He's not wrong.

But he won't fit on the Rockets who already have 2 guys that want to dominate the time of possession. Rondo likes to dominate the ball.

True, I think Rondo does more harm than good on offense if he isn't handling the ball. His man will be playing centerfield because no one respects his catch and shoot game.

AWash013
07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Rondo makes any team better as long as the supporting cast is half decent. With the big three in Boston, he was near the top in assist's every one of those years. He can drive and dish all he wants, as long as he's got people who can sink a shot. I believe he's still one of the best point guards in the league. I honestly think that Boston should bring him the players he desires. No matter what it takes. Kevin Love, Greg Monroe, a guard, it doesn't matter. On a great team, Rondo is completely different.

I have a read on him at afterfurtherreview.sportsblog.com well worth the read.

He's a great point guard, that's not built to shoot. He's built to slash, dish, and drive. There's not big wrong with that. With the money that's being shelled out, he's worth max money.