PDA

View Full Version : Do HEAT retire lebrons jersey?

bucketss
07-13-2014, 08:54 PM
they did retire jordans, so it would make sense sense to retire lebrons as well.? right? although four years is a short amount of time.

also do they retire haslems? sure hes not a superstar but he meant a lot to that team.

goingfor28
07-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Doubt it only bc it was only 4 seasons

Big Zo
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Yes, because he's coming back with Kevin Durant in a couple years!

Seriously tho, I'd say yes. He lead the team to the best four years in their history, and they love to retire everyone's number, anyway.

theheatles
Most likely, they retired 23 because for Jordan to show respect so most likely they'll retire one of their own

Tony_Starks
Wade, Haslems, then Lebrons. In that order.

TrueFan420
No they don't. Jordan was out of respect. Bron didn't stay long enough he did help bring them glory but for such a short time... No. Wade yes. Bosh if they make another finals and he finishes his career there. But for me retire is a cross between glory and longevity.

Wade n Fade
07-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Hell yes. One of the best players of all time and he won his first rings with us. Can't take that away from us.

Big Zo
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM
No they don't. Jordan was out of respect. Bron didn't stay long enough he did help bring them glory but for such a short time... No. Wade yes. Bosh if they make another finals and he finishes his career there. But for me retire is a cross between glory and longevity.

Tim Hardaway played only one year longer than LeBron, and he has his number retired.

TrueFan420
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Tim Hardaway played only one year longer than LeBron, and he has his number retired.

And I disagree with that.

Big Zo
07-13-2014, 09:09 PM
And I disagree with that.
Disagree with it all you want, but it is a fact. Besides, the question wasn't "Should they?" It's "Will they?"

Orange&Black55
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Never understood why they retired Hardaway's number. He spent the best part of his career in GS, not MIA, and GS didn't retire his number. To me it screamed of a team with a short history just wanting to have a retired number. 6 years with GS, 8300 points scored, 6 years with Mia, 6300 points scored!

utl768
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
if there going to retire udonis haslems jersey then u gotta retire lebrons

bucketss
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Wade, Haslems, then Lebrons. In that order.

i think wade also gets a statue. maybe?

torocan
07-13-2014, 09:15 PM
I would be surprised if they didn't.

4 finals, 2 championship rings. Teams retire jerseys for a LOT less.

Heck, Wilt Chamberlain has his jersey retired in a gazillion arenas...

Big Zo
07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Never understood why they retired Hardaway's number. He spent the best part of his career in GS, not MIA, and GS didn't retire his number. To me it screamed of a team with a short history just wanting to have a retired number. 6 years with GS, 8300 points scored, 6 years with Mia, 6300 points scored!

Probably. But Tim was one of the first stars they ever had, and helped lead the team into championship contention during that time.

h2r09
07-13-2014, 09:19 PM
if there going to retire udonis haslems jersey then u gotta retire lebrons

they would be retiring udonis' jersey for a much different reason. he has now taken less money to stay in his hometown i believe either 3 or 4 times now and is from miami and worked his *** off as an undrafted free agent. He is absolutely beloved in miami because he simply put bleeds miami. He is exactly what riley and spoelstra love out of their players and he will be treated well after retirement because of that.

But on topic now I hope they retire lebrons jersey and they probably will eventually. The past 4 years have been incredible here and although it sucks its over you can't be bitter like gilbert was 4 years ago. He deserves to have it retired.

Jonathan2323
07-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Hell no!

Chalmers is taking back his #6 next year! King Chalmers

bucketss
07-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Hell no!

Chalmers is taking back his #6 next year! King Chalmers

LOL i don't blame ya bud.

jimm120
07-13-2014, 09:27 PM
4 straight finals appearences and 2 championships.

and you know damn well that its because of Lebron. Wade and Bosh helped them win the championship. Lebron took them there.

bucketss
07-13-2014, 09:30 PM
they would be retiring udonis' jersey for a much different reason. he has now taken less money to stay in his hometown i believe either 3 or 4 times now and is from miami and worked his *** off as an undrafted free agent. He is absolutely beloved in miami because he simply put bleeds miami. He is exactly what riley and spoelstra love out of their players and he will be treated well after retirement because of that.

But on topic now I hope they retire lebrons jersey and they probably will eventually. The past 4 years have been incredible here and although it sucks its over you can't be bitter like gilbert was 4 years ago. He deserves to have it retired.

i have been cheering/defending you guys for awhile so miami was kind of my second team.. One thing i've gathered is you guys have the most classy/professional organization in the league. which is why i wanted bron to stay.

i agree with haslem dude is the definition of HEAT

Kashmir13579
07-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Wade, Haslems, then Lebrons. In that order. agreed.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2014, 09:35 PM
i think wade also gets a statue. maybe?

Sure will. It's "Wade County." He'll be in the Heat organization in some compacity for life, as he should.

h2r09
07-13-2014, 09:37 PM
i have been cheering/defending you guys for awhile so miami was kind of my second team.. One thing i've gathered is you guys have the most classy/professional organization in the league. which is why i wanted bron to stay.

i agree with haslem dude is the definition of HEAT
Riley is all class. He could have scolded lebron when he found out he was leaving but instead was classy and said how can you blame him for wanting to go home. Its stuff like that that free agents in the future will see and love. People over the past 4 years have loved to take cheap shots at the heat and portray them as classless but i never understood that. This organization oozes class and its time people finally started to see that.

Micky Arison is an incredible owner and knows how to run an organization in a first class manner.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:55 PM
He deserves a statue, he did bring them two titles.

Bruno
07-13-2014, 09:57 PM
no question. he tripled their title count.

JordansBulls
07-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Well he was the only player who actually won league mvp for the franchise, so obviously yes. Can't play him like that.

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Miami is more than professional to understand James importance. He's their best player, ever. Wade is their greatest but in terms of what he did those past four years, I don't think anyone can take that away from him. Probably not because it was a short stint of four years but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

mike_noodles
07-13-2014, 10:52 PM
If it was my team, I would want them to retire his jersey. 2 titles, some franchises can only dream of that.

bklynny67
07-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Only explanation is that this question is a joke. No way someone could be serious with this.

However, this is MIA we're talking about and they do things that don't make sense. So they will probably retire it.

DallasTrilla23
07-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Yes. The heat accomplished more in those 4 years than they had in their entire lifespan. You look up at the banners in AA and a lot of them are because of lebron.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-13-2014, 11:26 PM
They should.

AntiG
07-13-2014, 11:29 PM
absolutely they should retire his jersey. He's basically the greatest player in Heat history and was the primary reason that the franchise has title #2 and #3 and got to two others.

InRoseWeTrust
07-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Retiring Haslem's number would be f'ing ridiculous. I get that he's a Heat guy for life, but come on.

jmartin80
07-13-2014, 11:41 PM
I think that the PSD Basketball forum should retire all stupid Heat threads that should be in their own forum and not in the main NBA one. Seriously, it is getting dumb. Heat fans still trying to get attention should go hang out together on their own forum. No one cares about your speculation of possible free agents / should we retire blah blah blah. IF it happens, bring it to the main forum. Until then, The Miami Heat have their own forum for a reason.

bucketss
07-13-2014, 11:45 PM
I think that the PSD Basketball forum should retire all stupid Heat threads that should be in their own forum and not in the main NBA one. Seriously, it is getting dumb. Heat fans still trying to get attention should go hang out together on their own forum. No one cares about your speculation of possible free agents / should we retire blah blah blah. IF it happens, bring it to the main forum. Until then, The Miami Heat have their own forum for a reason.

1. im not a heat fan
2. did we cry when you guys made that thread about mirotic, i was gonna write, who?, but im not a jack *** :)

jmartin80
07-13-2014, 11:48 PM
1. im not a heat fan
2. did we cry when you guys made that thread about mirotic, i was gonna write, who?, but im not a jack *** :)
About the signing? no, just like I didn't comment on the Chalmers thread because it effects the NBA. This speculation should they, and maybe they should blah... is out of control

You are not a heat fan? Really? Cavs then I guess.

edited to add maybe a Spurs fan for now.

ManningToTyree
07-13-2014, 11:50 PM
I didn't read the whole thread but I know I'm not the only one who thinks retiring haslems number is ****ing ridiculous. He was a role player at best Idc how many years he was there

As for Lebron it can go either way. They probably will.

bucketss
07-13-2014, 11:55 PM
About the signing? no, just like I didn't comment on the Chalmers thread because it effects the NBA. This speculation should they, and maybe they should blah... is out of control

You are not a heat fan? Really? Cavs then I guess.

edited to add maybe a Spurs fan for now.

i will give you a clue, check my sig.

Big Zo
07-13-2014, 11:56 PM

You love these threads so much that you keep opening, and posting in them.

beasted86
07-14-2014, 12:07 AM

Hardaway played 5 and a half seasons with the HEAT. LeBron played 4.

Yes, eventually the number will probably be retired, but very long after his retirement, not with any sense of urgency. Maybe like 2032 with assumption LeBron is done by 2022..

beasted86
07-14-2014, 12:12 AM
Retiring Haslem's number would be f'ing ridiculous. I get that he's a Heat guy for life, but come on.

Why does a fan of another team care what the HEAT does?

If they want to do it, it's for HEAT fans to enjoy or celebrate. I will totally be down with it. He embodies the team culture just like Zo.

Sandman
07-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Riley is all class. He could have scolded lebron when he found out he was leaving but instead was classy and said how can you blame him for wanting to go home. Its stuff like that that free agents in the future will see and love. People over the past 4 years have loved to take cheap shots at the heat and portray them as classless but i never understood that. This organization oozes class and its time people finally started to see that.

Micky Arison is an incredible owner and knows how to run an organization in a first class manner.

lol what the hell was Riley's THIS STUFF IS HARD rant?

He sure held back on scolding him when he left :whistle:

InRoseWeTrust
07-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Why does a fan of another team care what the HEAT does?

If they want to do it, it's for HEAT fans to enjoy or celebrate. I will totally be down with it. He embodies the team culture just like Zo.

Why are you capitalizing Heat?

chitown85
07-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Yes, they will. And, Wade's is a no-brainer.

chitown85
07-14-2014, 12:17 AM

A lot of them do. Pay it no mind.

P&GRealist
07-14-2014, 12:21 AM
Yes he should. As should Shaq, who made it 'cool' for superstars to go to South Beach. he started the movement, he helped form a culture when he was traded in 2004. Riley knows it, Arison knows it, Young Wade knows it.

bucketss
07-14-2014, 12:25 AM

i capitalized it in the thread title as well, thats how it's suppose to be.

InRoseWeTrust
07-14-2014, 12:29 AM
i capitalized it in the thread title as well, thats how it's suppose to be.

Why?

NYKNYGNYY
07-14-2014, 12:31 AM
I think they retire the whole big 3....they should anyways that was one of the greatest teams in history...4 straight finals appearances ... Now I don't like spo but I think with a more capeable head coach they win 3/4 and a better bench maybe 4/4 but I don't think any team beats the spurs no matter who they have they just wanted it ... I doubt they win another one in Duncan's era

Jeffy25
07-14-2014, 12:32 AM
Considering they have retired Jordan's number, and he never played for them, I'm sure they will.

NYKNYGNYY
07-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Considering they have retired Jordan's number, and he never played for them, I'm sure they will.

Wow how did I not know that??

But do u think they'll be bitter n not do it?

FlashBolt
07-14-2014, 01:14 AM
Wow how did I not know that??

But do u think they'll be bitter n not do it?

Miami is a professional organization. You can question their motives in saving money, etc., but you'd be hard-pressed to find another organization that was as professional as they were in their defeat to the Spurs and the loss of James. I have always respected the Heat organization. Never heard a bad word from their higher ups.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 01:21 AM
4 seasons? Absolutely not.

Deadpool
07-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Yes, 2 MVP's, 2 Finals MVP's, 4-All Stars, 4 x All-NBA 1st Team,... Players jerseys have been retired for a lot less.

TylerSL
07-14-2014, 01:52 AM
We probably should.

FlashBolt
07-14-2014, 02:11 AM

But they can retire Jordan (Who has never played a game for Miami)
and
Tim Hardaway (Who although good, was way out of his prime and those certainly weren't his great days. He also only played 5 seasons).

Considering Miami's short list of retired numbers and their length in the league as a franchise, I say James having his jersey retired is a huge possibility more-so than no. He's the best player they ever had, not GOAT (Wade is), and he brought them significant amount of awards and spotlight that never was reached. He's definitely worth it.

NYKNYGNYY
07-14-2014, 02:29 AM
Lebron lost in the finals in 07,11,14. ..... He announced his return to Cleveland on 07/11/14 ...coincidence ? Lol

P&GRealist
07-14-2014, 02:39 AM

4 finals, 2 titles, 2 fmvps and 2
Lmvps . And having to deal with a thankless fanbase who left his games early in back to back finals series....ABSOLUTELY YES!

goingfor28
07-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Why?
Bc that's "how it is on the team website" lol I've already asked. Yet nowhere else is it written that way, not espn, yahoo, nba.com.
I always read it like someone is yelling at me

I'm passed it tho. It looks silly but whatever. Nothing worth *****ing about haha

P&GRealist
07-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Bc that's "how it is on the team website" lol I've already asked. Yet nowhere else is it written that way, not espn, yahoo, nba.com.
I always read it like someone is yelling at me

I'm passed it tho. It looks silly but whatever. Nothing worth *****ing about haha

After Bron leaving that god forsaken franchise and fickle fan base, they should change it from HEAT to heat

P&GRealist
07-14-2014, 03:08 AM
Lebron lost in the finals in 07,11,14. ..... He announced his return to Cleveland on 07/11/14 ...coincidence ? Lol
Ha that's pretty funny

P&GRealist
07-14-2014, 03:09 AM
For those saying no, just remember that Riley retired MJ's # and he never even played for him.

3ballbomber
07-14-2014, 03:35 AM
they prob will......just for looks & decoration :eyebrow:

CityofChaos
07-14-2014, 04:47 AM

Thats because he disrespected the gay community with the homophobic comments that he made a few years ago and we all know part of what San Francisco is known for.

Heatcheck
07-14-2014, 10:26 AM

he made the first team nba with Miami, went to them to their first conference finals, as well as the playoffs basically every year he was here. I have no problem with it.

WadeKobe
07-14-2014, 12:02 PM

Lol. Yes. Bc points matter. :rolleyes:

Tim's best 2 years were in Miami and he was worth 44 wins in miami vs 39 in golden state.

His best years were in miami.

WOwolfOL
07-14-2014, 12:14 PM
It's easy to retire numbers in this sport and not have to worry ever about running out of numbers for future guys, being that the rosters are so small. Definitely should retire 6.

LA_Raiders
07-14-2014, 01:25 PM
They show retire Alonso M. First.

bledrules
07-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Other than Heat fans who really gives a ****