07-13-2014, 06:16 PM
2 year deal. Phone notification. No link. :hide:

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 06:17 PM
As a Miami fan, no comment, just :(

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat about 9 minutes ago
Heat making it clear that 2016 could be their next big thing wih two-year deal for Chalmers. Now he can show how complete his game is.

2016 is the plan

cmellofan15
07-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Chalmers sucks lol

raiderposting
07-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat about 9 minutes ago
Heat making it clear that 2016 could be their next big thing wih two-year deal for Chalmers. Now he can show how complete his game is.

2016 is the plan

2016 will be LA vs NY

Blitzace137
07-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Mario Chalmers (SAS voice)

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 06:25 PM
2016 will be LA vs NY

Yeah, keep telling yourself that

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Chalmers needs to prove his worth

NYKNYGNYY
07-13-2014, 06:35 PM

All 3....Miami is a great destination beautiful place so I don't understand how players wouldn't wanna go there

Hardaway Here
07-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Another pg sigh. Well if its true at least it's only 2 years. Maybe Rio will show maturity and a higher bball IQ with some of his decisions this year.

Hardaway Here
07-13-2014, 06:40 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/13/2014-free-agency-still-going/
Guess it is true

IgglesFanInCO
07-13-2014, 07:02 PM
2016 will be LA vs NY

:laugh:

Dade County
07-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Why Pat Why

I just don't understand what he sees in Rio.

I don't ****en want him on the roster.

Quinnsanity
07-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Can someone explain to me why Miami is going to be appealing in 2016? They have Bosh locked in for $22 million or so, they'll presumably have Wade for $10-12 million, they have McRoberts for $5 million and Napier for around $2 million. So basically, they have around $40 million committed to Bosh, Wade, McRoberts and Napier. Why would someone like Durant see that as appealing? Especially as Bosh and Wade age (and these next two years will not be kind to them without LeBron carrying the load)? Why would Dwight Howard leave Harden to play there? Other than that, you're talking about guys like Al Horford, David Lee, Joe Johnson, Mike Conley, Danilo Gallinari, good players, but not guys you spend two years preparing for, and certainly not guys who can carry an aging Bosh/Wade back to the Finals.

P&GRealist
07-13-2014, 07:45 PM

Your owner likes to save money, that's why he amnestied Mike Miller. No superstar going forward will want to play for an owner allergic to spending into the luxury tax.

The Heat are never going to get back to LeBron-elite level. The fat lady has sung, it's over. You can put your Cavs jersey back on now.

P&GRealist
07-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Why Pat Why

I just don't understand what he sees in Rio.

I don't ****en want him on the roster.

NBA = Entertainment, that's why.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Heat payed him? After this finals? How do you pay that piece of garbage

MrfadeawayJB
07-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Hope they didn't give him more than 3-4 mil per yr

Dade County
07-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Can someone explain to me why Miami is going to be appealing in 2016? They have Bosh locked in for $22 million or so, they'll presumably have Wade for $10-12 million, they have McRoberts for $5 million and Napier for around $2 million. So basically, they have around $40 million committed to Bosh, Wade, McRoberts and Napier. Why would someone like Durant see that as appealing? Especially as Bosh and Wade age (and these next two years will not be kind to them without LeBron carrying the load)? Why would Dwight Howard leave Harden to play there? Other than that, you're talking about guys like Al Horford, David Lee, Joe Johnson, Mike Conley, Danilo Gallinari, good players, but not guys you spend two years preparing for, and certainly not guys who can carry an aging Bosh/Wade back to the Finals.

You don't know how Pat will shape the roster before then... You don't have knowledge of Pat vision for the team.

So whats the point of this post? You think Miami is going to go off in a corner and die; don't believe the hype & the haters (unless you have hate in your heart against Miami too... if so, don't listen to yourself then).

Riley just knows how to build a championship team, Idk why people think that the HEAT will fall off for like 7yrs or something, thats other organizations, not Miami.

Your owner likes to save money, that's why he amnestied Mike Miller. No superstar going forward will want to play for an owner allergic to spending into the luxury tax.

The Heat are never going to get back to LeBron-elite level. The fat lady has sung, it's over. You can put your Cavs jersey back on now.

WTF :laugh:

Arison has been on record, he will pay whatever the decision is up to Pat. Miller was cripple most of the time down here; it made sense.

Dade County
07-13-2014, 07:57 PM

lol

2mil

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Dade county you were just loling at me for saying he would be starting let alone on the team.....

What happened

theheatles
07-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Chalmers has champion written all over him. I love Chalmers because of his confidence he always thought he was better than LeBron and Wade and he probably still does.

h2r09
07-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Chalmers deservedly gets **** for the playoffs last year but he is still a very solid pg. He has shot 40 and 38% from 3 the last two years and was the starting pg on two championship teams and is a good defender. He was also fairly obviously injured in the playoffs so this is a good deal.

If the Heat can get Boozer after he gets amnestied by chicago they are going to be very very good still next year.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 08:33 PM

Lol gtfo bro... Arison did pay thr luxury tax for two seasons. Your Pacers management is cheap and your team will never win.

I bet it felt good losing to Miami 3 straight post-seasons.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Will he still be the starter?

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 10:23 PM
I've been a massive Chalmers critic since 2008 or what ever yr he was drafted by Miami. Never liked him, always cringed at him & just looked like a complete chump. By circumstance he has had the opportunity to stay w/ Miami and helped develop his game. He has had some great moments in the playoffs and Finals. As much as i still can't trust him, being that he is so inconsistent, i could see him perhaps have a break out season. W/ all that experience under his belt, w/ the disappointing finals and Lebron gone, i could see his play elevate and show more consistency. He's never lacked confidence and to his credit that has always been his upside. I can understand the loyalty they have w/ Chalmers, Miami developed him, groomed him & he must know the system like the back of his hand by now. I guess give him another run for a yr or so and see what the kids got.

.........Jameer Nelson would be good though, just sayin'.

Wrench
07-13-2014, 10:32 PM
All depends on price for me. He is still young, good for a steal a game and can hit the 3.

Iron24th
07-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Lol gtfo bro... Arison did pay thr luxury tax for two seasons. Your Pacers management is cheap and your team will never win.

I bet it felt good losing to Miami 3 straight post-seasons.

For the record he's not a pacers fan

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 10:53 PM
If he gets paid more than $2.5 million, this is horrible. I'd take Chalmers over Cole but I think the important thing is that people don't realize that Chalmers is clutch and big-time. He's a winner despite what last year showed. Remember all those big shots he hit for you guys the past years? C'mon. One season doesn't change him. Look at LeBron - who failed miserably in 2011. He came back strong. Chalmers can come back and be a good player.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Hopefully he doesn't start.

MrfadeawayJB
07-13-2014, 11:19 PM

lol

2mil

That's a good deal for him. Unfortunately I'm hearing the heat are giving Birdman a massive overpay

@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing Chris Andersen's looming new deal with Miami is a two-year pact in the neighborhood of $10 million

Wrench
07-13-2014, 11:29 PM
That's a good deal for him. Unfortunately I'm hearing the heat are giving Birdman a massive overpay

@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing Chris Andersen's looming new deal with Miami is a two-year pact in the neighborhood of $10 million

We own his Birdrights which right now is only 900K. So thats all he will cost this year cap wise.

Jarvo
07-14-2014, 12:05 AM
Glad he had a ****** Finals but cmon he is decent, Maybe he could bounce back.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Another pg sigh. Well if its true at least it's only 2 years. Maybe Rio will show maturity and a higher bball IQ with some of his decisions this year.

How can you judge his hoop IQ when his game has been dumbed down the last 4 years? The first time he actually brings the ball up the court and starts making pg decisions he'll probably be in shock. Probably feel like he's back in college again......

ice_c
07-14-2014, 12:59 AM
Chalmers was horrendous in the postseason.

A poor signing, unless he was signed for pennies.

raiderposting
07-14-2014, 02:41 AM
:laugh:

I mean in NY vs LA in free agency for the too targets, not the finals.

TylerSL
07-14-2014, 03:13 AM
It was the right decision to bring him back after we did not get Lowry. The only other way I wouldn't have brought him back was if we could have brought in Jameer Nelson. Chalmers has helped us out over the last 6 years as a whole and deserved to stay on the team, as he really wanted to stay. However because of his poor play in the postseason he screwed himself out of a good contract, and I would make him compete with Cole for the starting job next season. Cole has been with the team 3 years now and has improved each season. If Cole improves in the offseason (he is working out with Gary Payton) then he may be ready to step in the starting role. He deserves that chance after Chalmers produced so little.

If Chalmers puts his head down and plays his heart out over the next 2 seasons, he could get the 5-6 million a year he wants and is capable of, just has to show the results on the court.

ATX
07-14-2014, 09:42 AM
It's too bad James held up the Heat FA process for 11 days. They could have spent a couple more million and brought in I Thomas, who would've been a nice upgrade at the position. All these two year deals shows Miami will be a significant player in the 2016 FA period. Looks like they will only have Bosh and Wade under contract that year, possibly McRoberts.

beasted86
07-14-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm hearing it's two more years at the same rate he made last season, $4M per year. But nothing is official yet.

I would have liked to see $3M per.

beasted86
07-14-2014, 09:50 AM
It was the right decision to bring him back after we did not get Lowry. The only other way I wouldn't have brought him back was if we could have brought in Jameer Nelson. Chalmers has helped us out over the last 6 years as a whole and deserved to stay on the team, as he really wanted to stay. However because of his poor play in the postseason he screwed himself out of a good contract, and I would make him compete with Cole for the starting job next season. Cole has been with the team 3 years now and has improved each season. If Cole improves in the offseason (he is working out with Gary Payton) then he may be ready to step in the starting role. He deserves that chance after Chalmers produced so little.

If Chalmers puts his head down and plays his heart out over the next 2 seasons, he could get the 5-6 million a year he wants and is capable of, just has to show the results on the court.
I'm hoping Cole goes all out in a contract year. Both he and Chalmers are just inconsistent... still solid rotation players, but none have really grabbed a handle onto the "starter-worthy" status.

Badluck33
07-14-2014, 10:02 AM
the big 2.5