Hmmmmmm... What's goin on in Texas?

Raps08-09 Champ
07-13-2014, 05:58 PM
:laugh2:

Wow.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 2 minutes ago
Houston will not match the $46M Dallas offer sheet for Chandler Parsons, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

CRAZY

Htownballa1622
Sad:(:faint::crying:

In Morey we trust.

Monta is beast
haha houston ****in up..lovin it tho

Vinylman
07-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Maybe mightybostone can explain how this is a good thing and is part of morey's master plan

Redrum187
07-13-2014, 06:01 PM
PG: Devin Harris/Raymond Felton
SG: Monta Ellis/Richard Jefferson
SF: Chandler Parsons/Shawn Marion?
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/??? ???
C: Tyson Chandler/ Brandan Wright

That looks like a solid team. With Houston getting Trevor Ariza, I think both teams did well with what they could actually do.

The Mavericks look ultra thin at PF/C though. Who could they get? Perhaps Ship Felton + future pick for Larry Sanders? I'm not sure if either side wants that, but I could see both sides having some interest.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Ouch.... Well, since I'm about to eat a ton of crow and get a ton of **** for suggesting that Morey was going to keep Parsons, I want to get out in front of this now. I was wrong. I was dead wrong and I'm a bad person who should feel bad. I'm shocked, and I truly hope this isn't the case and that Morey will change his mind by 11 tonight. But Woj is so rarely ever wrong, as I was in this case.

If it's any consolation to the dozen posters who are about to rip me a new *******, I feel pretty ****** already. This has been a rough week to be a Rockets fan to say the least.

Sadds The Gr8
07-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Figured....knew they wouldn't invest 23 mil a year on 2 sf's

Pakman
07-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe mightybostone can explain how this is a good thing and is part of morey's master plan
Lol no kidding. Something along the lines of Houston is better without Parsons b.s.

Iron24th
07-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Lol no bosh, no more parsons, lost lin and asik, seems like a bad offseason

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Sad to see parsons go but ultimately it would kill the rockets cap. Glad Morey didn't match.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Ouch.... Well, since I'm about to eat a ton of crow and get a ton of **** for suggesting that Morey was going to keep Parsons, I want to get out in front of this now. I was wrong. I was dead wrong and I'm a bad person who should feel bad. I'm shocked, and I truly hope this isn't the case and that Morey will change his mind by 11 tonight. But Woj is so rarely ever wrong, as I was in this case.

If it's any consolation to the dozen posters who are about to rip me a new *******, I feel pretty ****** already. This has been a rough week to be a Rockets fan to say the least.

little dramatic

king4day
07-13-2014, 06:05 PM

**** happens. They still have a solid foundation going forward. The biggest pain was losing that first rounder but it'll be a late one in a supposedly weak draft (if it's this coming year).
I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Had things fallen in place correctly, the Rockets would have been the favorites to win it all next season. You have to go all in sometimes and it doesn't always pay off.

Redrum187

Only immature people will rip you for your adamant predictions. I've followed the Rockets quiet a bit this off seasons and have read your posts. I would just try to be more rational and not state predictions as facts. You are a huge fan of a team (I cannot relate to team loyalties), but I respect you so much for your message. Your Rockets did well this off seasons and I hope your team does well. :cheers:

mightybosstone

I don't know. Personally I don't agree with this move. I think if you have talent, you should do everything in your power to keep talent. The only positive I can take away from this (and I do mean the ONLY positive) is that Ariza provides only slightly less offensive production, but better 3-point shooting and much better defense. It's possible that Houston could actually be a better basketball team next season with the change in the lineup, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

I really do hope Morey has something else up his sleeve or that he feels confidently that the Rockets will be better with Ariza next season than Parsons. Because as it is right now, I feel like the Rockets took a step back. This really, really, really ****ing sucks.

B'sCeltsPatsSox

Yeah that's true. Maybe he also figured that with the PO that Parsons has for year three of this, it wouldn't be worth matching it thus giving him more financial flexibility sooner rather than later.

Monta is beast
ariza seems to play well when hes due for a new contract, so if he keeps that trend houston dropped allot this offseason, even if he does play well they still dropped

VladTheImpaler
07-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Lol no kidding. Something along the lines of Houston is better without Parsons b.s.

Gotta give him credit, he took a bold and optimistic stance on the issue, was wrong, and totally owned it. A lot of people wouldn't have done the same.

sixer04fan
07-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Damn. I was really expecting Houston to cash in hard this offseason. I thought they were a strong dark horse for Lebron - no. Then I thought Melo would definitely want to go there - nope. Then I thought Bosh was a lock - nah. Then they bring in Ariza and let go of Parsons after clearing out cap space in the Asik/Lin deals. What they do in future offseason is TBD, but they missed some great opportunities here to put them over the top.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 06:07 PM
they could have had parsons for less than a mill this year and he would have value at the deadline because he would have been a rfa

Redrum187
07-13-2014, 06:07 PM

Come on. :(

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-13-2014, 06:08 PM
they could have had parsons for less than a mill this year and he would have value at the deadline because he would have been a rfa

Parsons would've been a UFA had they accepted his team option.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-13-2014, 06:09 PM

Lol, In hindsight that would've been the better option.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 06:09 PM
No he wouldn't have.

goingfor28
07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Good

xnick5757
07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
why keep parsons when they have ariza?

Alayla
07-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Sad to see parsons go but ultimately it would kill the rockets cap. Glad Morey didn't match.

this the rockets would be fking themselves royally if they macthed.

Nikeman
So Houston off-season:

Fail to land Melo, Fail to land Bosh, Fail to land LeBron

Trade: Lin, Asik, picks/assets

Get Ariza

Lose Parsons

Sorry, but losing Parsons, Lin, and Asik for Ariza? Huge fail of an off-season. Parsons alone is better than Ariza. They lost two of their key depth pieces as well.

DoMeFavors
Ariza is a better fit for Rockets than Parsons, Rockets will be better this season.

B'sCeltsPatsSox

Because Ariza in a non-contract year is a bit of a ?

mightybosstone
**** happens. They still have a solid foundation going forward. The biggest pain was losing that first rounder but it'll be a late one in a supposedly weak draft (if it's this coming year).
I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Had things fallen in place correctly, the Rockets would have been the favorites to win it all next season. You have to go all in sometimes and it doesn't always pay off.
It probably sounds odd, but I don't really care that much about anything lost in the Lin trade. I like Lin as a person and for what he brings in maybe 1 out of every 5 games, but if they wanted to save cap room and they needed to move Lin's ****** contract, I was always going to be find with that. I don't even mind the first rounder, as Houston does such a good job drafting with second round picks and had another first.

But missing out on Bosh really hurt and losing both Parsons and Asik just completely blows. In terms of just the starting five, I don't actually think Houston will be any worse. Because Jones will be year older, this team will have had a year to gel and Ariza provides basically 80% of what Parsons does with superior perimeter defense. But the Rockets were supposed to get better this offseason and they haven't even added any pieces to the rotation. In fact, they've taken pieces away. There is still time to fix that, but right now I feel pretty awful about this offseason.

Redrum187
07-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Right, but still locked in for the full year. If they did trade him for some assets in the middle of next seasons, his Bird Rights would be quite valuable and important in retaining him.

Nevertheless, I Rockets did their best to add another star and are paying for their gamble. As I've said before, I wouldn't have done it, but I can't blame them for trying.

Chucky Woods
07-13-2014, 06:12 PM

That looks like a solid team. With Houston getting Trevor Ariza, I think both teams did well with what they could actually do.

The Mavericks look ultra thin at PF/C though. Who could they get? Perhaps Ship Felton + future pick for Larry Sanders? I'm not sure if either side wants that, but I could see both sides having some interest.Hell no a healthy and focused Larry Sanders is one of the most valuable defensive players in the NBA. Felton is garbage and a future pick has little value to the Bucks in that range.

Vinylman
07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't know. Personally I don't agree with this move. I think if you have talent, you should do everything in your power to keep talent. The only positive I can take away from this (and I do mean the ONLY positive) is that Ariza provides only slightly less offensive production, but better 3-point shooting and much better defense. It's possible that Houston could actually be a better basketball team next season with the change in the lineup, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

I really do hope Morey has something else up his sleeve or that he feels confidently that the Rockets will be better with Ariza next season than Parsons. Because as it is right now, I feel like the Rockets took a step back. This really, really, really ****ing sucks.

you guys still have cap and there are still quality guys out there so it is to early to say the offseason is a step back... one thing is for sure it is hard to have 3 A+ offseasons in a row... the odds were kinda against you guys...

the next two weeks are really what a good GM is about anyway... filling the holes when things don't work out

Blitzace137
07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Good for Morey, he went all in and lost.

Redrum187
07-13-2014, 06:14 PM

Because Ariza in a non-contract year is a bit of a ?

The Mavericks should try to ship out Felton and a draft pick for Parsons and a TPE. Both sides benefit.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Lost:
Parsons
Lin
1st round pick

Gained:
Ariza in a non contract year aha

Vinylman
07-13-2014, 06:15 PM

or they could have extended him prior to the season... why is this fact lost on people? Is someone really gonna say this guys is gonna turn down 5/$55 million?

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Great! Smart move morey!

Parsons will live up to his contract! Dallas got a future all star there I just know it. He just wasn't right for the Rockets at that price. Hopefully Moreys magic works to add some depth this offseason and finds another diamond in the rough in Nick Johnson who had been looking awesome!

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 06:16 PM
So Houston off-season:

Fail to land Melo, Fail to land Bosh, Fail to land LeBron

Trade: Lin, Asik, picks/assets

Get Ariza

Lose Parsons

Sorry, but losing Parsons, Lin, and Asik for Ariza? Huge fail of an off-season. Parsons alone is better than Ariza. They lost two of their key depth pieces as well.
If the offseason ended today, I'd probably give it an F. But it's probably an INC at this point, because there are still so many guys on the board. With the Mavs adding Parsons, I wonder if Houston could go after Marion and/or Mike Miller? Those guys could be significant additions to the rotation. There's also still a lot of solid guys left at PG and C that should help soften the blow from losing Lin and Asik. Although, personally, I think Isaiah Canaan might be good enough to match most of Lin's production by himself. Lin was pretty damn underwhelming. It's Asik's defense and production that I'm most worried about.

Redrum187
07-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Hell no a healthy and focused Larry Sanders is one of the most valuable defensive players in the NBA. Felton is garbage and a future pick has little value to the Bucks in that range.

I agree with you of the talent of Larry Sanders. I was thinking practically though, as the Bucks were shopping him (at least at one time) and the Mavericks known to be interested in him.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-13-2014, 06:17 PM
The fact that people think Asik is a big loss is comical. And Lin's production can be replaced.

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 06:18 PM
wtf are the rockets doing why not just match and trade him later:facepalm:

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 06:20 PM
The fact that people think Asik is a big loss is comical. And Lin's production can be replaced.

probably cuz they don't have a back up pg or c and they gave up a pick to unload an expiring

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 06:21 PM

The Mavericks look ultra thin at PF/C though. Who could they get? Perhaps Ship Felton + future pick for Larry Sanders? I'm not sure if either side wants that, but I could see both sides having some interest.
Harris/Felton
Monte/Jefferson
Parsons/Crowder
Dirk/Wright
Tyson/Greg Smith

Mavs are also still talking to Mo Williams, and DJ Augustin. One will likely be signed with their $2.3 mil exception. I would also expect them to sign another SF with the vet min. They also have 3 young guys already signed that could contribute this year in PG Gal Mekel, SG Ricky Ledo, and C Bernard James.

Nikeman
Adi Joseph @AdiJoseph 3 minutes ago
As said before, I'd like to see Shawn Marion to the Rockets. Marion (at 4) and Ariza could greatly repair the defensive issues for Houston.

Htownballa1622
Well offseason isn't over. We'll see what happens.

Congrats to Rox haters. Happy for Chandler to get that money. Good luck in Dallas. They have a nice team.

I still think Rox can get better but we swung for the fences and grounded into a double play. We still have one out to go (flexibility and free agency isn't over) but definitely disappointing off season.

Can't win them all. :shrug:

I trust in Morey.

DWNTWNLakeShow
07-13-2014, 06:22 PM

Try being a Laker fan this week....

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Harris/Felton
Monte/Jefferson
Parsons/Crowder
Dirk/Wright
Tyson/Greg Smith

Mavs are also still talking to Mo Williams, and DJ Augustin. One will likely be signed with their $2.3 mil exception. I would also expect them to sign another SF with the vet min. They also have 3 young guys already signed that could contribute this year in PG Gal Mekel, SG Ricky Ledo, and C Bernard James.

I give it to you bro the mavs are starting to look like a contender in the west

jimm120
07-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Houston has not done well.

-Lost picks
-Lin
-Asik
-Parsons
+Ariza

So, 1 positive does not mean a winning offseason...

nycericanguy
Morey got wayyyy too cute this offseason, but he's kind of a douche so I don't feel bad for him.

Say what you want about Asik & Lin, but they are borderline starters in this league and certainly good bench players. He gave them both away for nothing... got a pick for asik but had to send another for Lin.

Morey could have had Parsons for dirt cheap at least one more year for anther run, now he's going to a conf rival and they're stuck paying Ariza $8m per.

and Lin was never appreciated there, gave them 12-13ppg efficiently off the bench yet people act like he's trash and Morey completely disrespected him with that Melo banner.

Nikeman
Call me crazy, but Houston gets a 15 million TPE with Parsons. Anyone think they use their cap space and TPE to absorb a big expiring contract? Boozer and Amare come to mind, but specifically Boozer.

Rockets were a rumored 3rd team in the Lakers/Bulls S&T rumor for Pau, with them trying to land Boozer. Anyone thinks they take on Boozer for a year with this TPE?

Rockets still get a very capable 15/10 player and good PF in Boozer, and Ariza, and with the TPE they get from Parsons, I think they even have some cap space to sign players this off-season.

I think Morey is too smart, and good of a GM to let this off-season go waste.

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 06:24 PM
As a Spurs fan I can say after how far The Mavs took them in the 1st round and now getting Parsons I'm kinda scared :hide:

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Call me crazy, but Houston gets a 15 million TPE with Parsons. Anyone think they use their cap space and TPE to absorb a big expiring contract? Boozer and Amare come to mind, but specifically Boozer.

Rockets were a rumored 3rd team in the Lakers/Bulls S&T rumor for Pau, with them trying to land Boozer. Anyone thinks they take on Boozer for a year with this TPE?

Rockets still get a very capable 15/10 player and good PF in Boozer, and Ariza, and with the TPE they get from Parsons, I think they even have some cap space to sign players this off-season.

I think Morey is too smart, and good of a GM to let this off-season go waste.

boozer is about to get the amnesty

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 06:25 PM
I agree with you of the talent of Larry Sanders. I was thinking practically though, as the Bucks were shopping him (at least at one time) and the Mavericks known to be interested in him.
Kidd really likes Sanders too so even though they were trying to trade Sanders last season I'd say its a lock that they keep him.

LTBaByyy
07-13-2014, 06:26 PM
:dance:

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Parsons went from being possibly my favorite player in the league to being possibly my least favorite player in the league in a matter of minutes. It's been a long time since a player made me feel that way.

LTBaByyy
07-13-2014, 06:27 PM
As a Spurs fan I can say after how far The Mavs took them in the 1st round and now getting Parsons I'm kinda scared :hide:

Don't forget Tyson Chandler

Quinnsanity
07-13-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm shocked. I can't believe Morey would let an asset walk like this. Wouldn't you rather match Parsons and then deal Ariza down the line? We know there's a market for him. There has to be SOME sort of plan here. Morey has to know something we don't, I suspect there's another move coming soon. In the meantime, what I will say is that what the Rockets have given up is largely overblown. They've actually improved their draft position, as the pick they got from New Orleans is more valuable than the one they gave to the Lakers. Lin, as good as he is, was a backup making too much money, so dumping him was prudent either way, and Asik didn't really make sense for what this specific team wanted to do, so getting rid of him doesn't bother me. Morey just has to have an actual plan in place. There has to be a reason he was willing to surrender Parsons.

I don't think Lance Stephenson is in play. He's too volatile for Houston, they've typically avoided such players (which, I suspect, is why they didn't chase Josh Smith last year). I wouldn't be surprised if they want Paul Millsap, but I doubt Atlanta would trade him. Maybe Goran Dragic? We've heard rumors that Phoenix is shopping him, and Beverley and the New Orleans pick would be a decent package, especially if Phoenix thinks Dragic is leaving next year. I don't have another name in mind, but that's one possibility.

Meanwhile, Dallas is officially a contender again. This is going to be fun. Can't wait to see what Morey has up his sleeve, and can't wait to see that Dallas team play.

Cracka2HI!
I don't think this has been as bad an off-season for Houston as some are saying. I don't blame them for not matching that ridiculous offer to Parsons.

Nikeman

Yeah, but if Morey wants Boozer, using this potential TPE from Parsons isn't a bad idea at all. He gets to keep full flexibility for next off-season as Boozer is expiring and they still have 10+ million in cap space this off-season.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 06:30 PM
It would be awesome if the Mavs could get him to agree to a vet min contract for 1 year to back up Dirk. Its a LONG SHOT to say the least but since he'll still be getting paid by the Bulls its work a look. He might do it in order to play for a contender.

Htownballa1622
07-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Parsons went from being possibly my favorite player in the league to being possibly my least favorite player in the league in a matter of minutes. It's been a long time since a player made me feel that way.

I feel ya bro but just think of someone like Royce White. #bewell.

Chandler was great here but was severely underpaid. He gets his money. He'll be ok. It hurts now but think of Lowry,Scola, Landry, Francis, Mobley and all the other beloved Rox that we lost.

We have potential to be better off from this.

I trust in Morey and I know you do. This hurts now but it'll subside.

Vinylman
07-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Yeah, but if Morey wants Boozer, using this potential TPE from Parsons isn't a bad idea at all. He gets to keep full flexibility for next off-season as Boozer is expiring and they still have 10+ million in cap space this off-season.

is the tpe enough? i think it is to small by about $1 million to get boozer

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Wow. I know he makes a lot but I thought they would have match. What are you doing Morey

NYKNYGNYY

A first rounder isn't enough with throwing in Felton's contract ...he's absolutely horrendous

Ticket Guy IL
:clap:
this is what happens when you chase FA who don't want you. You lose a team. Wow! Sorry Rockets fans really I feel bad for you. But this whole free agency concept in the NBA is hilarious. Wow poor Rockets. Welcome to the bottom half of the western conf playoff race.

LAKobeBryant
07-13-2014, 06:33 PM
signing ariza.... DEAD GIVEAWAY

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Good move not to match. Ariza gives you better defense and 3 point shooting at half the price.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 06:35 PM

The Rockets have 12+ million in cap to absorb the difference.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Wow. I know he makes a lot but I thought they would have match. What are you doing Morey
15 mil a year is way too much for parsons. Anything over 10 mil would be too much for parsons. Morey did the right thing.

ankit
I think Parsons is more consistent than Ariza. Can anyone tekk me why didn't Houston just match Parson and not sign Ariza. They have lost Lin, Asik and Parsons in one offseason. Am i missing something? And wasn't Parsons the reasons Dwight came to Houston?

Mr.B
Considering Boozer will still be getting paid by the Bulls he could must sign a 1 year deal for the vet. In to play for a contender. That's what Michael Finley did when he got amnestied by the Mavs a few years ago. He sign a vet min deal with the Spurs and helped them win a title while he was getting paid by Cuban. Boozer could play for any team he wants for the vet min.

xnick5757
07-13-2014, 06:37 PM
everyone seems to be forgetting that houston is still a great team...

Beverly - Harden - Ariza - Jones - Howard

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2014, 06:38 PM

The Rockets have 12+ million in cap to absorb the difference.

Houston got a tpe? I thought it was just a signing not a trade.

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 06:39 PM
:clap:
this is what happens when you chase FA who don't want you. You lose a team. Wow! Sorry Rockets fans really I feel bad for you. But this whole free agency concept in the NBA is hilarious. Wow poor Rockets. Welcome to the bottom half of the western conf playoff race.

lets not go over board here they still got d12 and harden they will be ok I still say 4 5 seed

Tony_Starks
07-13-2014, 06:39 PM
So wait Morey isn't a genius mastermind after all? Shocker.

But in all seriousness there was no way he could've matched. When you're already suspect at PF and PG it would be foolish to cash out 2 sfs. The losses of Lin and Asik? Meh, never been a fan of either but giving away a pick was a blunder.

Instead of Moreys ineptitude I'm more focused the moves Dallas made. They quietly are building one of the deepest teams in the league, with a couple more moves yet on the horizon.

Maybe we should be saying Cuban/ Nelson are "geniuses."

ricky recon
07-13-2014, 06:40 PM

You were wrong about Bosh and Parsons. Nobody can predict the future, that's why you shouldn't speak in certainties.

IndyRealist
07-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Guess Morey is more interested in preserving flexibility going forward. I can't blame him, with not landing that 3rd star he wants.

Verbal Christ
07-13-2014, 06:43 PM
And the same 5 or 6 douchebag Houston trolls pop in and gloat. How surprising.

What isn't surprising is that Morey didn't match. He places certain value on players and Parsons outgrew his on the Rockets.

Ariza is a better spot up 3 point shooter and defender and the offensive stats are marginally in favor of Parsons ... FOR HALF THE PRICE.

Nothing in Parsons game has shown me that he will 'blossom' into a superstar and ultimately the call had to be made if he could sway the outcome in a series and the answer was no. Bon voyage Chan! Enjoy stealing all that money from Cuban and we'll sign you in 2016 at a discount.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 06:43 PM

exactly... I called this yesterday and a bunch of houston fans jumped down my throat. I think Morey is wise to let Dallas swollow that poison pill contract.

Id much rather have ariza at 8 million per than parsons at 15-16 or whatever stupid offer he got... like seriously that guy doesnt make dallas any better imo. they are still a 7th-8th seed.

kudos to Morey, never doubt this gm. he is the cream of the crop where gm's are concerned.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 06:45 PM
And the same 5 or 6 douchebag Houston trolls pop in and gloat. How surprising.

What isn't surprising is that Morey didn't match. He places certain value on players and Parsons outgrew his on the Rockets.

Ariza is a better spot up 3 point shooter and defender and the offensive stats are marginally in favor of Parsons ... FOR HALF THE PRICE.

Nothing in Parsons game has shown me that he will 'blossom' into a superstar and ultimately the call had to be made if he could sway the outcome in a series and the answer was no. Bon voyage Chan! Enjoy stealing all that money from Cuban and we'll sign you in 2016 at a discount.

cant agree more, well put.

as well I agree about the handfull of rockets fans that just didnt seem to understand why Parsons offer should not be matched. but most rockets fans i spoke with were on the same notion that Morey wouldnt and shouldnt match that offer after you guys attained Ariza .

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 06:47 PM
You were wrong about Bosh and Parsons. Nobody can predict the future, that's why you shouldn't speak in certainties.

Go back and read my posts. I rarely ever speak in certainties. I'll admit I was wrong when I said Parsons was 100% sure to be a Rocket by the end of the postseason. At the time, I honestly was. But that was before that Dallas offer sheet and everything else that happened before it. But I never once said I was certain about Bosh. I said I felt confident about it and thought he would sign with Houston based on everything I had read. And I was wrong.

But I'm not going to stop having the balls to make predictions and be confident and passionate about sports. I'm going to keep making predictions, and I'll be one of the first to post whether I was wrong or whether I was right.

Thumper 88
07-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Lol

Raps08-09 Champ
07-13-2014, 06:49 PM
So wait Morey isn't a genius mastermind after all? Shocker.

But in all seriousness there was no way he could've matched. When you're already suspect at PF and PG it would be foolish to cash out 2 sfs. The losses of Lin and Asik? Meh, never been a fan of either but giving away a pick was a blunder.

Instead of Moreys ineptitude I'm more focused the moves Dallas made. They quietly are building one of the deepest teams in the league, with a couple more moves yet on the horizon.

Maybe we should be saying Cuban/ Nelson are "geniuses."

Then maybe they sohuld've used $8 mil a year for a PG/PF instead and matched Parsons.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
probably cuz they don't have a back up pg or c and they gave up a pick to unload an expiring

They also got a pick back. And there's no reason for them to be paying the amount of money they were paying for a back-up PG and C.

Another thing Houston has the ability to do now is bid on Boozer if he gets amnestied. And with next year's salary cap as of right now being projected to be 66.5 million, they could easily move 5 million to offer LMA or Love a max a year from now.

Verbal Christ
I mean seriously, how can you rationalize paying Chandler Parsons more than James Harden? I don't really thing it was a hard decision at all.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Go back and read my posts. I rarely ever speak in certainties. I'll admit I was wrong when I said Parsons was 100% sure to be a Rocket by the end of the postseason. At the time, I honestly was. But that was before that Dallas offer sheet and everything else that happened before it. But I never once said I was certain about Bosh. I said I felt confident about it and thought he would sign with Houston based on everything I had read. And I was wrong.

But I'm not going to stop having the balls to make predictions and be confident and passionate about sports. I'm going to keep making predictions, and I'll be one of the first to post whether I was wrong or whether I was right.

I honestly think this move or non-move benifits your team... matching that offer would have made Mark Cuban very happy as he was trying to make Morey give Parsons a poison pill contract that he will now have to swollow himself. Dallas doesnt even really improve with parsons thats the funny part. Cuban shot himself in the foot here. he was better off retaining vc and marion at much, much less.. now he has a team that is in and around the same level as last year but with a grossly bloated contract in parsons that will be near impossible to move.

Houston did well here, kudos to Morey. You guys are going to have a strong starting 5 and lots of depth behind it... also, now you have an elite defender to defend the best aposing wing player on the other team night in and night out, taking some pressure off of harden which will def make a difference.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 06:52 PM
I'll probably take some flack for this too, but I honestly don't think Dallas will be a better basketball team than Houston this year. I could see them finishing with similar records, but will clearly be the better team? I honestly don't think so. They're definitely going to be a different squad than last year, but for every piece they've gained they've lost somebody who was key last season. Dallas will be deeper, but the Rockets will still be unquestionably better in terms of top talent.

Despite how this plays out, I wish Chandler the best and hope he does well in Dallas. But I think there will soon come a day where he regrets leaving Houston for Dallas.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Smart GM's pay for how a player will perform, not have they have. Ariza has a tendency of playing better when he's due for a contract.The Warriors signed Livingston for the mle, when you think about there pretty similar players. Livingston is a ball handler/creator, Arizas more of a shooting threat. Both can defend really well. Parsons in on track to be a borderline all-star thats not what your getting from Ariza.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 06:55 PM

Hahahahahaja

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 06:56 PM
I'll probably take some flack for this too, but I honestly don't think Dallas will be a better basketball team than Houston this year. I could see them finishing with similar records, but will clearly be the better team? I honestly don't think so. They're definitely going to be a different squad than last year, but for every piece they've gained they've lost somebody who was key last season. Dallas will be deeper, but the Rockets will still be unquestionably better in terms of top talent.

Despite how this plays out, I wish Chandler the best and hope he does well in Dallas. But I think there will soon come a day where he regrets leaving Houston for Dallas.

I agree, but the finals proved that being deeper is better. Especially when one of your 'top talent' players isnt a true scoring threat (especially in the playoffs). Dallas has a team that compliments each other really well, I think they have a shot to be anywhere from 5-8

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Then maybe they sohuld've used $8 mil a year for a PG/PF instead and matched Parsons.

no way you can justify giving parsons that contract.. Also Ariza is almost a better fit because he can spread the floor just the same as parsons but he is also a great wing defender which will help Harden tremendously on the perimiter against aposing wings. this means less pressure on Howard to provide help D as well.

I think Morey made Cuban look like his ***** with everything that has transpired with regards to this parsons and ariza situation. Houston came out with a better contract, and possibly even a better fit in the end, all the while letting their state rival swollow that poison pill.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Smart GM's pay for how a player will perform, not have they have. Ariza has a tendency of playing better when he's due for a contract.The Warriors signed Livingston for the mle, when you think about there pretty similar players. Livingston is a ball handler/creator, Arizas more of a shooting threat. Both can defend really well. Parsons in on track to be a borderline all-star thats not what your getting from Ariza.

I loved Parsons, but I never thought he would be a perennial All-Star. He's too inconsistent offensively and doesn't show enough initiative in terms of taking games over. Maybe with a greater role in Dallas that will be different, but he'll still have to share touches with Monta and Dirk for a while. I don't see Parsons ever being an efficient 20 PPG guy for a contending team. I think he's a really good 15/5/4 guy on a contending team who shouldn't be making more than $10-12 million a year.

As for Ariza, I think he got paid exactly what he should have in Houston. He's even less consistent offensively than Parsons, but what he brings in terms of 3-point shooting and defense was desperately needed on this Houston roster. The Rockets were first in the league in terms of 3PA last season by a wide margin but only 16th in terms of 3-point percentage. For a team that values 3-point shooting so highly, Ariza is a great get for Morey.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:00 PM
LOL. Will Houston get in the lottery race now?

IndyRealist
07-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Because if you want to build a contender, at some point you have to pay starting caliber players (like Ariza) to come off your bench. 6th men matter.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:01 PM
No disrespect to Mavs fans, but Cuban keeps banking on key free agents signing with Dallas every year and keeps striking out. . a thorough rebuild might be the best course of action for Dallas because they have been a thread mill team for a couple years now.

I think Cuban banks way too much on free agency.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 07:03 PM

I'd really like to sig quote this, but I need something a little more definitive. Do me a favor and say something like "The Rockets will not make the playoffs this season" or something simple like that so I can rub it in your face next May.

sep11ie
07-13-2014, 07:03 PM

Were you born this stupid or did you have to work on it?

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Because if you want to build a contender, at some point you have to pay starting caliber players (like Ariza) to come off your bench. 6th men matter.

Ariza isnt a 6th man type to come off the bench and provide a strong scoring punch. If anyone watch Ariza last season, he took a next step as a consistent starter who provides a bit of everything. He would be great beside harden because harden is not a great defender. Ariza can gaurd the aposing teams best wing player which means Howard has less pressure on him to provide help D.

I think if you send Ariza to the bench you take away his productivity. He seems to be the perfect fit along side Harden and Howard.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Ariza gives houston much needed perimeter defense which the rockets needed much more than the scoring parsons brought to the table. Not match parsons contract was the smart move.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:06 PM
I honestly think this move or non-move benifits your team... matching that offer would have made Mark Cuban very happy as he was trying to make Morey give Parsons a poison pill contract that he will now have to swollow himself. Dallas doesnt even really improve with parsons thats the funny part. Cuban shot himself in the foot here. he was better off retaining vc and marion at much, much less.. now he has a team that is in and around the same level as last year but with a grossly bloated contract in parsons that will be near impossible to move.

Houston did well here, kudos to Morey. You guys are going to have a strong starting 5 and lots of depth behind it... also, now you have an elite defender to defend the best aposing wing player on the other team night in and night out, taking some pressure off of harden which will def make a difference.
Its pretty funny how just 30 min ago Rockets fans were talking about how great the Rockets will be with both Ariza and Parsons but now all of a sudden Parsons brings nothing to a team.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Houston squad is still pretty good tho, let me break it down.

PG:Beverly- hard buses defensive pg with the ability to hit the corner 3. Perfect next to Harden.

SG-Harden- Top sg in he league and imposes his will on opponents more often than not. Master at drawing flouls(flopping as well), finishing at the rim, and shooting the midrange jumper(genius with the step back). CAN play defense, but chooses not to.

SF-Ariza- Think of Beverly in SF form. Not as gritty but a defensive player that can hit the 3 and slash as well. Perfect next to no defense Harden.

PF-Jones- young athletic PF with the ability to take over a game as seen before. Good passing and ball handles and decent mid range shot and okay 3 (still developing) inconsistent but improving each year. Hustle player. Lacks body mass to hold his own against elite PFs in the league. If he keeps growing, nice player.

C-Howard- defensive monster despite what Dwight haters believe. Still can dominate other Centers as shown this season. Lacks FT shots and post moves but got better at both by seasons end.

Bench-

Cannan- easily can do what Lin did as a rocket, with good potential.

Montejunas- sweet post moves but no defense and still trying to develop that 3.

Rookie Nick Johnson- sharp shooter and looking very good in the summer league.

Troy Daniel-Sharpshooter. Period.

Asik(he is still in the roster)- great back up starting caliber Center most likely to get traded.

So I don't see how they did "horrible" this offseason. The parsons thjng hurts, but it's not a huge blow as some of the people in here who dknt even follow the rockets make it seem.

FOXHOUND
07-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Anyone pretending that losing a 2015 1st and 2nd, Lin and Parsons for Ariza is a good thing is fooling themselves. Yes, Ariza is solid and at $8M he provides a better value. His D is also nice for them as they lack it. But no one thought he was as good as Parsons before this offseason started and nothing has changed that fact. Ariza is also turning 30 soon where as Parsons is still young and will be improving. While $15M for him is a steep price it will be tough to capitalize on the limited cap space they will have going forward.

Howard, Harden and Ariza alone still make $46M next season. Best case scenario is they try to pry Dragic away from Phoenix, but to do that they will have to pay him big money so...

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:10 PM

I'd really like to sig quote this, but I need something a little more definitive. Do me a favor and say something like "The Rockets will not make the playoffs this season" or something simple like that so I can rub it in your face next May.

Challenging me to a sig bet?

I don't really have patience to wait a whole season but I will gladly come up with some terms.

Shoot

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Its pretty funny how just 30 min ago Rockets fans were talking about how great the Rockets will be with both Ariza and Parsons but now all of a sudden Parsons brings nothing to a team.

Actually I've wanted Morey to let Parsons go ever since he signed that max deal.

Verbal Christ
07-13-2014, 07:11 PM

I think its funnier that Parsons will be the highest paid player on the Mavs roster and for all that money he will probably average 15 PPG LOL so what is that 1 million for every point on his average?? Talk about value

Pop Champagne Dallas when you think of championships I'm sure Chandler Parsons is the first player that comes to everyone's mind.

Comedy.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:12 PM
no way you can justify giving parsons that contract.. Also Ariza is almost a better fit because he can spread the floor just the same as parsons but he is also a great wing defender which will help Harden tremendously on the perimiter against aposing wings. this means less pressure on Howard to provide help D as well.

I think Morey made Cuban look like his ***** with everything that has transpired with regards to this parsons and ariza situation. Houston came out with a better contract, and possibly even a better fit in the end, all the while letting their state rival swollow that poison pill.
Rockets missed out on Melo, and Bosh. While also losing Parsons, Asik, and Lin while only gaining Ariza who is a lesser player (and older) than Parsons. Yea that's sticking it to Cuban.

Mavs on the other hand gained a starter and potential all star in Carlisle's system with Parsons. Replaced Carter with a more consistent 3 point shooter in Jefferson and added Tyson Chandler.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:14 PM

PG:Beverly- hard buses defensive pg with the ability to hit the corner 3. Perfect next to Harden.

SG-Harden- Top sg in he league and imposes his will on opponents more often than not. Master at drawing flouls(flopping as well), finishing at the rim, and shooting the midrange jumper(genius with the step back). CAN play defense, but chooses not to.

SF-Ariza- Think of Beverly in SF form. Not as gritty but a defensive player that can hit the 3 and slash as well. Perfect next to no defense Harden.

PF-Jones- young athletic PF with the ability to take over a game as seen before. Good passing and ball handles and decent mid range shot and okay 3 (still developing) inconsistent but improving each year. Hustle player. Lacks body mass to hold his own against elite PFs in the league. If he keeps growing, nice player.

C-Howard- defensive monster despite what Dwight haters believe. Still can dominate other Centers as shown this season. Lacks FT shots and post moves but got better at both by seasons end.

Bench-

Asik(he is still in the roster)- great back up starting caliber Center most likely to get traded.

So I don't see how they did "horrible" this offseason. The parsons thjng hurts, but it's not a huge blow as some of the people in here who dknt even follow the rockets make it seem.

All have potential to be wholes on your team next season.

mightybosstone

I don't really have patience to wait a whole season but I will gladly come up with some terms.

Shoot

Sure. The bet is on whether or not Houston makes the postseason or not. If they do, you showcase a sig of my choosing for one full year. If they don't, I'll have a sig of your choosing for one full year. You down, because I'm feeling pretty damn good about this one and I'm pretty sure you won't bite.

Monta is beast
Easily can do what Lin did as a Rocket haha

beasted86
I understand the logic behind not matching... I totally do.

But some of the Houston fans are really making themselves look stupid talking about Parsons after the fact now that he's not going to be on your team. These guys sound like idiots when just a couple weeks ago they were mentioning how great he was and listing him as a reason a max player would want to join the Rockets.

Do you really think that logic applies to Ariza? "Who wouldn't want to play with Harden, Howard, and Ariza?" Like GTFOH, nobody is going to say that garbage now... you guys thought Parsons was all that an a bag of chips, don't change the song now. Your team lost talent and is weaker than when free agency started, period. Morey gambled big and lost a few hands. That's okay too, but don't continue to lie to yourself. Are you trying to convince us or yourselves?

smith&wesson

I'm a Toronto fan, hence the sig pic with the girl wearing a blue jays hat.

First off I dont mean any disrespect to Dallas fans. I do think that Cuban puts way to much hope in free agency as recent history has shown.

To be clear, I never said Parsons brings nothing to your team. I stated that the offersheet presented to parsons from Dallas was poison pill contract and that Houston would be wise to not match it since they have a replacement at half the price.

Do you beleive that getting parsons at 15-16 million was a wise decision on Mavs part ? unless parsons takes a few steps and becomes a star palyer I think it was a gross over payment and a contract your team will be stuck with until it expires.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:15 PM
No disrespect to Mavs fans, but Cuban keeps banking on key free agents signing with Dallas every year and keeps striking out. . a thorough rebuild might be the best course of action for Dallas because they have been a thread mill team for a couple years now.

The Mavs have been one of the best teams in the NBA at acquiring talent through trades. They won a title doing it that way. No reason to think that will change.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 07:16 PM
All have potential to be wholes on your team next season.

Wrong kinda holes, bro. I do agree the back court has the potential to be a weakness, but I seriously doubt Morey stays pat and doesn't add a single guard this offseason. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Johnson or Canaan stepped into that sixth man role and were better options than Lin.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Bench-

Another thing I noticed is Harden is your only scoring threat down the stretch. Jones might develop into that a little bit, but thats no guarantee.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Sure. The bet is on whether or not Houston makes the postseason or not. If they do, you showcase a sig of my choosing for one full year. If they don't, I'll have a sig of your choosing for one full year. You down, because I'm feeling pretty damn good about this one and I'm pretty sure you won't bite.

thats really not a fair bet, how does a team with harden and howard not make the post season :confused:

a fair bet would be that if Houston makes the WCF's or not.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Im lit my dude aha

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Wrong kinda holes, bro. I do agree the back court has the potential to be a weakness, but I seriously doubt Morey stays pat and doesn't add a single guard this offseason. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Johnson or Canaan stepped into that sixth man role and were better options than Lin.

From an outside perspective that just sounds like homerism. I dont know we'll have to see I guess. I just think losing Lin, Parsons and a 1st round pick for Ariza and some cap space has set them back allot.

mightybosstone
I understand the logic behind not matching... I totally do.

But some of the Houston fans are really making themselves look stupid talking about Parsons after the fact now that he's not going to be on your team. These guys sound like idiots when just a couple weeks ago they were mentioning how great he was and listing him as a reason a max player would want to join the Rockets.You realize Parsons was a huge reason that Dwight joined the Rockets, right?

Do you really think that logic applies to Ariza? "Who wouldn't want to play with Harden, Howard, and Ariza?" Like GTFOH, nobody is going to say that garbage now... you guys thought Parsons was all that an a bag of chips, don't change the song now.
What? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that about Parsons. In fact, I'm pretty sure almost every Rockets fan on this site thought 3-years, $46 million was an overpay, myself included. I think Parsons is a top 5-7 SF in the league and could be a pretty damn good No. 3 for a contending team. I don't think he's anything better than that or that he has a ceiling to be anything better than that.

Your team lost talent and is weaker than when free agency started, period. Morey gambled big and lost a few hands. That's okay too, but don't continue to lie to yourself. Are you trying to convince us or yourselves?
Miami lost Lebron James. Houston lost Chandler Parsons. I'll be honest, dude. I feel a hell of a lot better about Houston's offseason than Miami's right about now.

IversonIsKrazy
Smart. Way overpaid, and not neccessary when u got Ariza now.

smith&wesson
The Mavs have been one of the best teams in the NBA at acquiring talent through trades. They won a title doing it that way. No reason to think that will change.

you guys need to understand that he is getting rudy gay type money now. Another grossly overpaid player who has never even made an all star team. sure you can trade him, you will take on bad contracts in return. Teams are not lined up to give away assets for a highly over paid player who is 3rd tier.

I do think that ellis, parsons, dirk, chandler could be pretty good next year. I Also think Parsons would probably have signed a contract for like 12 million per year, similar to what kyle lowry got. I really dont think Cuban was expecting Houston to not match. I think Cuban is probably feeling like he out bidded himself.

Verbal Christ
07-13-2014, 07:20 PM
LOL @ Heat fan trying to talk smack.

You should probably stay quiet in the corner and continue to collect your tears in a jar.

Hey on a positive note I hear you guys might get Luol Deng ... SPLASH!

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm a Toronto fan, hence the sig pic with the girl wearing a blue jays hat.

First off I dont mean any disrespect to Dallas fans. I do think that Cuban puts way to much hope in free agency as recent history has shown.

To be clear, I never said Parsons brings nothing to your team. I stated that the offersheet presented to parsons from Dallas was poison pill contract and that Houston would be wise to not match it since they have a replacement at half the price.

Do you beleive that getting parsons at 15-16 million was a wise decision on Mavs part ? unless parsons takes a few steps and becomes a star palyer I think it was a gross over payment and a contract your team will be stuck with until it expires.

I actually can't see sigs on my tablet.

And I do believe getting Parsons (even at $15 mil) was wise. He's going to thrive in Carlisle's system and playing next to Dirk and Monte. Besides its only a 3 year deal (possibly 2) and Parsons will be in his prime by the end of the deal. Plus with Tyson's contract coming off the books next season they will still be able to add more talent next year.

savvy1803
07-13-2014, 07:21 PM

I can't rip a poster for the passion they have for their franchise and although i may not agree with some of your point's or ideas i have seen few as passionate about their team as you are , for that i applaud you and remember the off season is still ongoing with time for more moves .

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:23 PM
you guys need to understand that he is getting rudy gay type money now. Another grossly overpaid player who has never even made an all star team. sure you can trade him, you will take on bad contracts in return. Teams are not lined up to give away assets for a highly over paid player who is 3rd tier.

I do think that ellis, parsons, dirk, chandler could be pretty good next year. I Also think Parsons would probably have signed a contract for like 12 million per year, similar to what kyle lowry got. I really dont think Cuban was expecting Houston to not match. I think Cuban is probably feeling like he out bidded himself.
I never said anything about moving Parsons.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Rockets missed out on Melo, and Bosh. While also losing Parsons, Asik, and Lin while only gaining Ariza who is a lesser player (and older) than Parsons. Yea that's sticking it to Cuban.

Mavs on the other hand gained a starter and potential all star in Carlisle's system with Parsons. Replaced Carter with a more consistent 3 point shooter in Jefferson and added Tyson Chandler.

you do realize that lin and asik were making 15 million in the last year of their deals right ? are you telling me houston are losers because they shed 45 million in salary between those 3 players ? I beg to differ my man.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 07:24 PM
From an outside perspective that just sounds like homerism. I dont know we'll have to see I guess. I just think losing Lin, Parsons and a 1st round pick for Ariza and some cap space has set them back allot.

You keep bringing up that 1st round pick like it's a huge selling point, but it's a protected pick that will inevitably be in the 20+ range in a so-so draft. Why is that such a huge loss for a playoff team? In terms of Lin, it's unlikely, but not totally ridiculous to suggest that Canaan or Johnson could post 13/4 next season. Both guys had long, successful collegiate careers and could have an opportunity to get playing time this season. I really legitimately believe Johnson could crack the rotation as a 2nd round pick this year based on his defense, athleticism and shooting stroke alone. In all likelihood, though, I see Morey adding a vet to beef up the back court.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I actually can't see sigs on my tablet.

And I do believe getting Parsons (even at $15 mil) was wise. He's going to thrive in Carlisle's system and playing next to Dirk and Monte. Besides its only a 3 year deal (possibly 2) and Parsons will be in his prime by the end of the deal. Plus with Tyson's contract coming off the books next season they will still be able to add more talent next year.

hey im not trying to be a debbie downer for the mavs. I was speaking to rockets fans that it was wise on the rockets part to not match because they have a replacement in Ariza at half the price. there is reallly no need to have both sf's on big large contracts.. they can attain a cheaper back up for Ariza.

for dallas, its not a bad move other than that they over paid. but still parsons could mesh with that core and it can turn out to be a good move for you guys. but for houston I dont think it would have been wise to match the offer imo.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:27 PM

Shoot

That'd a ways away.

I'm interested though just don't have that kind of patience.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:28 PM
I never said anything about moving Parsons.

fair enough I may have miss understood what you were trying to say.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:29 PM
you do realize that lin and asik were making 15 million in the last year of their deals right ? are you telling me houston are losers because they shed 45 million in salary between those 3 players ? I beg to differ my man.
Losing Lin and Asik hurts their bench (especially Asik). All I kept hearing since Thursday was that Morey was willing to spend any amount of money and even willing to go over the luxury tax if it meant fielding the absolute best team and how is a LOCK that they would match Parsons. So why would shedding $45 mil be an necessary? And why is Parsons contract crazy to match now?

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:30 PM
LOL @ Heat fan trying to talk smack.

You should probably stay quiet in the corner and continue to collect your tears in a jar.

Hey on a positive note I hear you guys might get Luol Deng ... SPLASH!

Heat actually had a good recovery from losing lebron. Including dare I say his name? BOSH. Houston recovered from losing lin, parsons, a 1st rd pick, Asik with Ariza............................................. .

so yea rocks fans shouldn't talk down to heat fans this off season.

beasted86
07-13-2014, 07:31 PM
You realize Parsons was a huge reason that Dwight joined the Rockets, right?

What? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that about Parsons. In fact, I'm pretty sure almost every Rockets fan on this site thought 3-years, $46 million was an overpay, myself included. I think Parsons is a top 5-7 SF in the league and could be a pretty damn good No. 3 for a contending team. I don't think he's anything better than that or that he has a ceiling to be anything better than that.

Miami lost Lebron James. Houston lost Chandler Parsons. I'll be honest, dude. I feel a hell of a lot better about Houston's offseason than Miami's right about now.

You clearly thought the Rockets could and should match it just 3 days ago when you also thought the Rockets were getting Bosh, dude. You had celebratory roster predictions and statements and everything. Again, are you trying to convince me or yourself? I really, really feel sorry for you, man. Your denial is absolutely pathetic.

The HEAT lost LeBron through no control of their own. The Rockets gave away Parsons, Asik, Lin, and a 1st, and had full control of the situation to keep all.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Losing Lin and Asik hurts their bench (especially Asik). All I kept hearing since Thursday was that Morey was willing to spend any amount of money and even willing to go over the luxury tax if it meant fielding the absolute best team and how is a LOCK that they would match Parsons. So why would shedding $45 mil be an necessary? And why is Parsons contract crazy to match now?

Bro, people are sad he left. Parsons was a fan favorite here...let them mourn the loss of a great player in the making, especially going to a rival team. Parsons will live up to his contract and will be happy in Dallas can we just let it go?

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 07:33 PM
You clearly thought the Rockets could and should match it just 3 days ago when you also thought the Rockets were getting Bosh, dude. You had celebratory roster predictions and statements and everything. Again, are you trying to convince me or yourself? I really, really feel sorry for you, man. Your denial is absolutely pathetic.

The HEAT lost LeBron through no control of their own. The Rockets gave away Parsons, Asik, Lin, and a 1st, and had full control of the situation to keep all.

Lin Idc, Asik is still on out team, but will get traded soon, and Parsons didn't wanna be here. If he did he wouldn't have signed so early limiting the rockets FA plans

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:34 PM
hey im not trying to be a debbie downer for the mavs. I was speaking to rockets fans that it was wise on the rockets part to not match because they have a replacement in Ariza at half the price. there is reallly no need to have both sf's on big large contracts.. they can attain a cheaper back up for Ariza.

for dallas, its not a bad move other than that they over paid. but still parsons could mesh with that core and it can turn out to be a good move for you guys. but for houston I dont think it would have been wise to match the offer imo.
I agree that Parsons contract hurts Dallas less than it would have hurt Houston (because of the money Houston already has committed to Howard and Harden). I'm also not saying Houston is going to suck. By not matching the Parsons deal it helps them spread the wealth and strengthen their bench. Houston still has a squad that is top 4 in the West.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:35 PM

1. Lin and Asik were simply not worth 30 million for next season. Bench players can be replaced at a much more reasonable ammount.

2. it would make very little sense to lock up 24 million per year between Ariza and Parsons. It would be redundant. that money could be spent on replacing lin and asik.

3. Lin was not giving them a whole lot anyways and was disgruntled after the melo stunt, and asik asked for a trade several times.. both players were unhappy, overpaid and needed to be moved. more importantly both players can be replaced at a much cheaper cost. bench players usually dont make 15 milliion in one season.

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 07:36 PM
You clearly thought the Rockets could and should match it just 3 days ago when you also thought the Rockets were getting Bosh, dude.
I did. And if you go back and look at anything I actually wrote, you'll see that I also said it was an overpay. Sometimes you have to overpay your players, and I thought Houston should have in this case.

You had celebratory roster predictions and statements and everything. Again, are you trying to convince me or yourself? I really, really feel sorry for you, man. Your denial is absolutely pathetic.
What the **** are you talking about? Where did I have a celebratory roster prediction and roster statement? Did I say that I thought Houston would get Bosh and re-sign Parsons? Yes, I did. But you're making it sound like I threw a party and invited PSD. I want you to go track down all of these huge celebrations I threw. Also note that I've already stated multiple times in this thread that I was wrong. I'm not denying anything. You're just trying to rub salt on a fresh wound to be a gigantic douche about the whole situation. Just stop. You're not impressing anyone and you're looking like a complete *******.

I don't care how it happened. It happened and it's done. But I still feel fairly confident when I say that I think Houston will be a better basketball team than the Heat next season.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:37 PM
I agree that Parsons contract hurts Dallas less than it would have hurt Houston (because of the money Houston already has committed to Howard and Harden). I'm also not saying Houston is going to suck. By not matching the Parsons deal it helps them spread the wealth and strengthen their bench. Houston still has a squad that is top 4 in the West.

agreed on both points. Dirk just signed a very reasonable deal so that also offsets Parsons deal a bit more and helps dallas where flexability is concerned.

I didnt want to come off the wrong way because you are a very reasonable and level headed poster and have valid points that I can def agree with.

FOXHOUND
07-13-2014, 07:39 PM
You keep bringing up that 1st round pick like it's a huge selling point, but it's a protected pick that will inevitably be in the 20+ range in a so-so draft. Why is that such a huge loss for a playoff team? In terms of Lin, it's unlikely, but not totally ridiculous to suggest that Canaan or Johnson could post 13/4 next season. Both guys had long, successful collegiate careers and could have an opportunity to get playing time this season. I really legitimately believe Johnson could crack the rotation as a 2nd round pick this year based on his defense, athleticism and shooting stroke alone. In all likelihood, though, I see Morey adding a vet to beef up the back court.

Because playoff teams with two All-Stars usually have limited cap space, and that's true for Houston as well. Throwing away a first is never a good thing. The Asik trade was good regardless, he wanted to leave and as a UFA next offseason he was gone anyways. Losing a 1st and 2nd in next years draft to dump Lin, who may have left but was an expiring contract anyways? Eh.

Be honest with yourself, what are the chances that Ariza and the extra $7M offer more value for the Rockets the next four years than Parsons and that 2015 would have?

Howard, Harden and Ariza alone make $46M in the 2015-16 season, meaning they'll have limited cap space regardless. Then you have some guys like Terrence Jones and Donatas Montiejunas who combine for just under $5M on their team options and you're already at $51M for 5 players. Then Beverly is a RFA and Canaan and Covington are another $1.8M. The 2015 1st from NO is another $1.5-$3M or so depending on where it's slotted, let's say $2M since they'll likely miss the playoffs and it'll be a low teen pick at best.

So for 8 players you have $54.8M, plus have to decide on keeping Beverly or not. Then you have to account that he's not done making moves this offseason, they have roster spots in need and I'm sure PG will be addressed. There's going to be some more names on this list. By the time everything is done you're looking at them having around $6-8M before signing Beverly tops, and then can use the MLE once they fill up.

Is that really better than keeping Parsons and using the MLE to make a signing while having that extra 1st? I don't think so. I think he gambled and lost and now has to try and make the best of it. Even if they didn't use it they could have used it for an asset. Could have combined it with the NO 1st to move into the top 10, for example. Or trade both for a proven player if a good one becomes available. It's just never good to lose a 1st, no matter what pick it is.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Daryl Morey genius cap beast we trust mastermind gm?

Eh...

Not so much.

ricky recon
07-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Devin Harris
Monta Ellis
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

Raymond Felton
Richard Jefferson
Brandan Wright
Jae Crowder

The team has tons of time to beef up the bench.

The same team who played the Champs harder than anyone, by far, has replaced Dalembert and Marion with Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in the starting lineup.

Contenders.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Eh...

Not so much.

Why are people downgrading Morey?!? Dude is a bball genius.

Psd is the home is clueless posters (for the most part)

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:44 PM
agreed on both points. Dirk just signed a very reasonable deal so that also offsets Parsons deal a bit more and helps dallas where flexability is concerned.

I didnt want to come off the wrong way because you are a very reasonable and level headed poster and have valid points that I can def agree with.
I honestly think this off season has been great for the NBA. Instead of adding one more stacked team the talent has been spread around the league. The next couple of seasons are going to be great to watch.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:44 PM

Bench-

So before he could easily do it and now it's unlikely. 1st round picks are always important, look at what most of good teams do with late 1st and 2nd round picks. The spurs, warriors, thunder and even the rockets have all found key contributing factors to their team using late 1st or 2nd round picks. And they always hold value when your trying to trade one player for another. You lost it for absolutely nothing.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:45 PM

Eh...

Not so much.

Why are people downgrading Morey?!? Dude is a bball genius.

Psd is the home is clueless posters (for the most part)

No he's not.

My evidence?

2014 off season.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:46 PM

I honestly think this off season has been great for the NBA. Instead of adding one more stacked team the talent has been spread around the league. The next couple of seasons are going to be great to watch.

Agree with you here.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:46 PM
And Howard got better in the post last season? Dwight is what he is, thats pretty much accepted around the league. And as far as defensive "beast" maybe before that back surgery, but he's a shell of what he used to be imo

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 07:50 PM
So before he could easily do it and now it's unlikely. 1st round picks are always important, look at what most of good teams do with late 1st and 2nd round picks. The spurs, warriors, thunder and even the rockets have all found key contributing factors to their team using late 1st or 2nd round picks. And they always hold value when your trying to trade one player for another. You lost it for absolutely nothing.

We will still have our pick, or the NOLA pick, not sure which one we traded with Lin.

And I say he can easily do it. Another poster said it's possible, I didn't change my mind tho.

No he's not.

My evidence?

2014 off season.

My evidence, 2012 offseason, 2013 offseason. Get at me.

And Howard got better in the post last season? Dwight is what he is, thats pretty much accepted around the league. And as far as defensive "beast" maybe before that back surgery, but he's a shell of what he used to be imo

He isn't as athletic but he is still a beast. Deny it if you want but it's true.

beasted86
07-13-2014, 07:52 PM
I did. And if you go back and look at anything I actually wrote, you'll see that I also said it was an overpay. Sometimes you have to overpay your players, and I thought Houston should have in this case.

What the **** are you talking about? Where did I have a celebratory roster prediction and roster statement? Did I say that I thought Houston would get Bosh and re-sign Parsons? Yes, I did. But you're making it sound like I threw a party and invited PSD. I want you to go track down all of these huge celebrations I threw. Also note that I've already stated multiple times in this thread that I was wrong. I'm not denying anything. You're just trying to rub salt on a fresh wound to be a gigantic douche about the whole situation. Just stop. You're not impressing anyone and you're looking like a complete *******.

I don't care how it happened. It happened and it's done. But I still feel fairly confident when I say that I think Houston will be a better basketball team than the Heat next season.

Look, man... whatever helps you sleep at night and makes you happy, stick to it...

I just thought it was a really cheesy look for any Rockets fan (wasn't taking to you specifically... I'm not afraid to quote and name drop if that was the case) trying to point out Parsons limitations and issues after the fact when you wanted him back and wanted the owner to match the contract. And then talking down to Maverick fans about supposedly enjoying a supposedly limited player who you now claim won't have a great impact when you wanted that same said player for the same exact money with all his limitations. It's just stupidity at its finest and being a sourpuss sore loser.

It would be the same as me saying "LeBron is getting older and will be on the decline soon and doesn't know how to handle adversity, enjoy him Cavs" when I wanted him back. You just don't say those nonsense if you didn't really believe it nor were saying it beforehand.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:52 PM

We will still have our pick, or the NOLA pick, not sure which one we traded with Lin.

And I say he can easily do it. Another poster said it's possible, I didn't change my mind tho.

No he's not.

My evidence?

2014 off season.

My evidence, 2012 offseason, 2013 offseason. Get at me.

He isn't as athletic but he is still a beast. Deny it if you want but it's true.

Okay? And what did those teams do for you? Have some fun in the first round?

Names aren't everything. Bball IQ and chemistry matters.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 07:54 PM
@MBT let's make a bet now of something with smaller stakes, then a playoffs bet for higher stakes.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Apparently Mavs now trying to work out a sign and trade that would help the Rockets get a trade exception. What could the Rockets send back to the Mavs that would entice them to help the Rockets out? This is the second time the Mavs have talked about a sign and trade so there must be something the Rockets have that they want. A pick maybe?

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I have forgotten how bad of a poster you are. You just quoted two different posters and acted like they were the same person changing his mind.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Apparently Mavs now trying to work out a sign and trade that would help the Rockets get a trade exception. What could the Rockets send back to the Mavs that would entice them to help the Rockets out? This is the second time the Mavs have talked about a sign and trade so there must be something the Rockets have that they want. A pick maybe?

very interesting... maybe the mavs send a contract they dont want back to houston. Seems like the mavs and rockets are working to help eachother out on this one for a change.

beasted86
07-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Against CBA rules to turn an offer sheet into a sign and trade unfortunately. Also illegal to match it then trade said player to the team writing the offer sheet for at least 1 year.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 08:01 PM
very interesting... maybe the mavs send a contract they dont want back to houston. Seems like the mavs and rockets are working to help eachother out on this one for a change.
Mavs sending Felton back possibly?

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Mavs sending Felton back possibly?

back up for beverly... could very well be that.

Did the mavs replace calderon? or is monta going to mound the pg spot. I know dirk and monta have meshed very well together and dirk stated how much he enjoys playing along side monta

Verbal Christ
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM
All of these analysts on here crying about how Houston has 'gutted' their team and only have Ariza to show for it are funny. What exactly did Lin and Asik do again to merit the value on their deals? They both regressed, so now they are both gone. Parsons took the money and ran, its a free country. He was found in the 2nd round, Morey can find another one. He found Beverly in Russia, he traded Skip To My Lou for a nobody called Kyle Lowry, He made Dragic a star. Turned a team of mediocre players into Dwight Howard and James Harden as the core all the while NEVER having a losing team in that 5 year window. Please keep trying to discredit Morey so I can keep laughing at your dumb ***.

ragee
07-13-2014, 08:06 PM

For every piece we gain, we lost somebody who was key last season? Care to elaborate? The only piece we lost that will surely be missed is VC. If losing him means getting Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons, I am all in favor of that.

We definitely are still missing a few pieces for us to be able to contend but this lineup is hell of a lot better than the lineup we had last year. I know we overpaid Parsons but that's the only way we could get him so might as well do it. Lastly, Houston has a good organization and Morey has proven to be a great GM but don't underestimate Cuban and his front office. There might come a day where Parsons will see this as the best choice of his basketball career.

THE MTL
07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Dallas got a squad now

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Devin Harris
Monta Ellis
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

Raymond Felton
Richard Jefferson
Brandan Wright
Jae Crowder

The team has tons of time to beef up the bench.

The same team who played the Champs harder than anyone, by far, has replaced Dalembert and Marion with Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in the starting lineup.

Contenders.

good point, the mavs played very well in the post season imo. and chalder was a HUGE addition because that was dirks front court mate when they won the ship. Those two have incredible chemistry as one is a high octane scorere and the other a defensive and rebound specialist. that was a solid, pick up and a fair upgrade over dalembert.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Okay? And what did those teams do for you? Have some fun in the first round?

Names aren't everything. Bball IQ and chemistry matters.

They have chemistry, that showed.

Let's see what those teams did for the Rockets.

9th seed , to a 8th seed , to a 4th seed. All in the western conference. Sure they got knocked out in the first round but the team has improved, are you going to deny that?

ragee
07-13-2014, 08:10 PM

Did the mavs replace calderon? or is monta going to mound the pg spot. I know dirk and monta have meshed very well together and dirk stated how much he enjoys playing along side monta

Harris is our starting PG now. That's why we need another one. DJ or Mo, hopefully. With regards to Felton, if any team is dumb enough to take his contract, by all means.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Against CBA rules to turn an offer sheet into a sign and trade unfortunately. Also illegal to match it then trade said player to the team writing the offer sheet for at least 1 year.
Mark stein tweeted. "@ESPNSteinLine: Mavs and Rockets CAN execute sign-and-trade by mutually canceling offer sheet and then executing new deal at Parsons' agreed-upon salary"
So it is possible, just need league approval.

smith&wesson

awesome to watch.. I do feel bad for some west teams who would be contenders in the east and are 4-8 in the west. the league has to try to balance that out a bit. how many times has a wcf team had 45 + wins and miss the post season only for a taem in the east with 48 wins to secure a 3rd seed ..

Mr.B

They resigned Harris and have been talking to Mo Williams (who lives in Dallas) and have also been talking to DJ Augustin. Dallas still has a $2.3 mil exception and should be able to sign one of them for that. Right now though Harris would be the starter. Ultimately they would want to bring Harris off the bench.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 08:15 PM
They resigned Harris and have been talking to Mo Williams (who lives in Dallas) and have also been talking to DJ Augustin. Dallas still has a $2.3 mil exception and should be able to sign one of them for that. Right now though Harris would be the starter. Ultimately they would want to bring Harris off the bench.

both Harris and Chandler were players who thived in Dallas and not so much on other teams. I think Cuban considers chemistry when attaining those type of players because they already have proven they can click with disco dirk...

I almost forgot all about the chandler trade. that to me was even bigger than the parsons addition. Chandler is the best C dirk has played with beleive it or not.. unless im forgeting someone ? chandler and dirk compliment one another very well.. one being a high octain scorer, the other being a rebound and defensive specialist.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 08:17 PM
awesome to watch.. I do feel bad for some west teams who would be contenders in the east and are 4-8 in the west. the league has to try to balance that out a bit. how many times has a wcf team had 45 + wins and miss the post season only for a taem in the east with 48 wins to secure a 3rd seed ..
Happened to the Mavs in 2012. Teams like the Grizz and Suns (and Mavs the last two years) would likely be a top 4 team in the East.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Harris is our starting PG now. That's why we need another one. DJ or Mo, hopefully. With regards to Felton, if any team is dumb enough to take his contract, by all means.

id take felton at 3.7 million over lin at 15 million to be beverlys back up. all day everyday twice on sunday bruv.

beasted86
07-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Mark stein tweeted. "@ESPNSteinLine: Mavs and Rockets CAN execute sign-and-trade by mutually canceling offer sheet and then executing new deal at Parsons' agreed-upon salary"
So it is possible, just need league approval.

Good to know. Larry Coon doesn't have that part in his FAQ, just said it's against rules.

smith&wesson
Happened to the Mavs in 2012. Teams like the Grizz and Suns (and Mavs the last two years) would likely be a top 4 team in the East.

one solution could be to eliminate conferences all together. best 16 teams make it period. Id like to see something like that personally. why not watch the best teams possible in the post season. thats what the playoffs are all about.

Mr.B
both Harris and Chandler were players who thived in Dallas and not so much on other teams. I think Cuban considers chemistry when attaining those type of players because they already have proven they can click with disco dirk...

I almost forgot all about the chandler trade. that to me was even bigger than the parsons addition. Chandler is the best C dirk has played with beleive it or not.. unless im forgeting someone ? chandler and dirk compliment one another very well.. one being a high octain scorer, the other being a rebound and defensive specialist.
He's the best center in Mavs history. James Donaldson was really good back in the 80's but I would still take Tyson over him.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 08:22 PM
id take felton at 3.7 million over lin at 15 million to be beverlys back up. all day everyday twice on sunday bruv.
And being on a better team should give Felton the motivation to lose some weight and perform better than he did last year.

smith&wesson
He's the best center in Mavs history. James Donaldson was really good back in the 80's but I would still take Tyson over him.

makes you wonder... because I beleive that dallas only had tyson for a year or two and they won in that span. seems like dirk really benefits from a quality starting C who is a strong defensvie post pressence. chandler was a waste in newyork, glad to see him back in dallas, I think you guys should have retained him a few years ago right after the title. run.. if i remember correctly i think he was asking for to much or new york offered him alot.

mightybosstone
I just thought it was a really cheesy look for any Rockets fan (wasn't taking to you specifically... I'm not afraid to quote and name drop if that was the case) trying to point out Parsons limitations and issues after the fact when you wanted him back and wanted the owner to match the contract. And then talking down to Maverick fans about supposedly enjoying a supposedly limited player who you now claim won't have a great impact when you wanted that same said player for the same exact money with all his limitations. It's just stupidity at its finest and being a sourpuss sore loser.
I don't know of anybody who has done that. I knew Parsons' limitations as a player and I still wanted him. I'm pissed that Morey didn't match even though I knew it was an overpay. I'm well aware of what he is as a player, and if it had been up to me, he would still be a Houston Rocket.

It would be the same as me saying "LeBron is getting older and will be on the decline soon and doesn't know how to handle adversity, enjoy him Cavs" when I wanted him back. You just don't say those nonsense if you didn't really believe it nor were saying it beforehand.
I didn't. I don't know of any who did. If you're going to call someone out, have the balls to actually call them out. Let them actually defend themselves instead of me having to do it for the entire Rockets fan base. Frankly, I don't think you have a name. I think you're speaking in generalities and are just looking to lash out at Houston fans.

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 08:26 PM
And being on a better team should give Felton the motivation to lose some weight and perform better than he did last year.

I never thought of felton as a bad pg. He was great in new york the first time around when they had gallinary, amare, wilson chandler etc. he kind of lost motivation in portland and 2nd time around with the knicks.

I really think that playing with melo and jr smith had felton un motivated as those guys love to dominate the ball and even chuck... doesnt leave much room for a pg to put in work.

as a back up felton will suffice, even monta doesnt dominate the ball like he use to with the bucks or gs. he defers to dirk more and that comes from being around guys who know how to win and in a system that moves the ball. plus felton at 3.7 million isnt really that bad at all. not if he gets back in to shape and is motivated like you suggest.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 08:27 PM
makes you wonder... because I beleive that dallas only had tyson for a year or two and they won in that span. seems like dirk really benefits from a quality starting C who is a strong defensvie post pressence. chandler was a waste in newyork, glad to see him back in dallas, I think you guys should have retained him a few years ago right after the title. run.. if i remember correctly i think he was asking for to much or new york offered him alot.
Yea Cuban gutted that roster for an attempt to land Howard. He failed miserably. He did offer Tyson a 1 year $20 mil contract but he turned down for a multi year deal with NY. Tyson was only in Dallas for 1 year. That's the 1 guy from that team (that they let get away) that they should have kept.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Is it really just 3.7? I swear the way people talk about feltons contract I thought it was closer to 10. Either way I don't think Felton comes to houston.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Surprised nobody talking about this,

Pelicans, Wizards and Rockets have a 3 team deal, Rockets taking in a non-guaranteed 3 million contract of Alonzo Gee. If the Rockets waive him, I think they have close to 15 million in cap.

They may make a significant run for Greg Monroe possibly. Either way, with 12+ mill in cap space, a possible TPE coming in the Parsons deal, the Rockets and Morey are not done.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Is Alonzo gee worth keeping? Right now the Rockets should focus on Depth so if he is helpful in any way I'm down to keep him

ragee
07-13-2014, 08:35 PM

He was'nt asking for too much. He wanted to be back. The only problem was thats he Mavs were foolish enough to
that we could get D-Will or Dwight. I am so glad he is back. He and Kidd made Dirk, JET and Barea look like great defenders. We were a good defensive team even with those 3 playing at the same time! Lol

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Is Alonzo gee worth keeping? Right now the Rockets should focus on Depth so if he is helpful in any way I'm down to keep him

He is a 3 million dollar non-guaranteed contract I believe.

ragee
07-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Is it really just 3.7? I swear the way people talk about feltons contract I thought it was closer to 10. Either way I don't think Felton comes to houston.

It's around 4. Man, I though it was 8! I'm glad I was wrong!

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM
He is a 3 million dollar non-guaranteed contract I believe.

I know so we can use that as cap room basically, but is he a serviceable player? In case they keep him? What are his pros and cons

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 08:49 PM
I know so we can use that as cap room basically, but is he a serviceable player? In case they keep him? What are his pros and cons

No idea about that. But he put up two 10 ppg seasons in Cleveland.

ragee
07-13-2014, 08:55 PM

Last time I as him play, I think he was fat and slow. That was 2 years ago. I was not able to watch a lot of NBA games last season other than the Mavs'. From what people are telling me, he got worse so if Houston want to take him off of Dallas, I am all for it. We can use the extra money to get a more decent PG. DJ or Mo hopefully.

FOXHOUND
07-13-2014, 08:56 PM

It's $4.36M this season and a player option for $4.54M in 15-16. Felton is a garbage pale on both ends. He's quick and has a tight ball handle, but unfortunately all he uses that is to spend 10 seconds trying to dribble past his man and ultimately ends up doing nothing.

He makes poor decisions and isn't particularly skilled at anything besides keeping a tight dribble. He's pretty decent throwing alley oop lobs in the pick n roll, unfortunately this can be his go to move at times and he'll force them at times when there's virtually no chance to complete it. He's also only able to do this with a tall big with a good vertical who excels at alley oops, like Tyson Chandler. His jump shot is poor, he misses a ton of wide open set shots. His defense has become absolutely horrendous, it was once one of his few strengths since he puts in effort and used to be a little pitbull.

Sorry, but Felton was just a throw in for the Knicks to dump.

Edit: oops, thought this was about Felton, not Gee.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Rage and Foxhound

I was replying to nikeman about Alonzo Gee and keeping him not Raymond Felton. Thanks for the input tho haha

LA_Raiders
07-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Bad move by Houston; they need him to compete with the elite.

eternal slumber
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
thats sucks. i really thought Morey will resign him but i was wrong.

kudos to Morey, he just lost out on Melo and Bosh, lost Lin, Asik and a future 1st rounder but he is still poised.

other GM's would have match that deal for Parsons to lessen the blow this off season has done to Houston but he stayed the course. he knew it was an overpay and thats why he didn't match.

Rockets still have 12 million in cap space plus Gee's 3 million non guaranteed contract, that's 15 million still in cap space though.

he can still go after Bledsoe or Monroe.

this is why he is considered one of the best GM's out there.

he delivered Howard and Harden to us, why wouldn't i trust his decision.

he gambled this season, he lost, he moved on.

at least the guy is trying to improve his team rather than just stand pat.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Mavs not going to help Houston:

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1m
Rockets believed they could create trade exception if Mavs & Parsons agreed to re-do their deal as a sign-and-trade. However ... (1 of 2)

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 56s
Mavs understandably cool on the idea of helping a Texas neighbor escape with a valuable asset. So original offer sheet to Parsons stands

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:04 PM

kudos to Morey, he just lost out on Melo and Bosh, lost Lin, Asik and a future 1st rounder but he is still poised.

other GM's would have match that deal for Parsons to lessen the blow this off season has done to Houston but he stayed the course. he knew it was an overpay and thats why he didn't match.

Rockets still have 12 million in cap space plus Gee's 3 million non guaranteed contract, that's 15 million still in cap space though.

Exactly what I said, 15 million in cap space is a crap ton. Houston isn't done guys. Still could very well push hard for Greg Monroe

Also:

Mavs not going to help Houston:

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1m
Rockets believed they could create trade exception if Mavs & Parsons agreed to re-do their deal as a sign-and-trade. However ... (1 of 2)

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 56s
Mavs understandably cool on the idea of helping a Texas neighbor escape with a valuable asset. So original offer sheet to Parsons stands

ragee
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM

I forgot about Monroe. He would be a great piece to add for your team.

jayjay33
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Damn...Houston is trying there hardest to get worse. Morey really messed this off season up. Lol

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Damn...Houston is trying there hardest to get worse. Morey really messed this off season up. Lol

Tank mode

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM
hou should save their cap for 2015 so they can get rondo or love

Tony_Starks
07-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Rocket fans downing Parsons after the fact is pure comedy. It's like trying to get with a fine chick and after she shoots you down saying "well she wasn't all that anyway!!!"

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 09:18 PM

3.7 this year, 3.9 next year... and added together on a two year contract its still 7.4 million cheaper that Lins 15 million just for next season.

+ the talent level is really no big difference at all. Also like Mr B said if felton is motivaded he could easily be worth his 3.7 million dollar contract. thats what bench players are suppose to make anyways.. unless you are a valuable 6th man type.. even then 15 million is ridic.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
I'd have rather had him than Ariza.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 09:25 PM
hou should save their cap for 2015 so they can get rondo or love
Rondo? God no. Love? No chance. No point hanging onto cap room for off-season.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 09:28 PM
At 15 mil compared to 8? Rather have Ariza

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 09:35 PM
3.7 this year, 3.9 next year... and added together on a two year contract its still 7.4 million cheaper that Lins 15 million just for next season.

+ the talent level is really no big difference at all. Also like Mr B said if felton is motivaded he could easily be worth his 3.7 million dollar contract. thats what bench players are suppose to make anyways.. unless you are a valuable 6th man type.. even then 15 million is ridic.

It looks like the sign and trade is off the table now. With $15 mil in cap space I would think the Rockets could still go after Monroe and either Mo Williams or Augustin (which ever the Mavs don't sign).

sf-fanatic
07-13-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm just curious why would dallas agree on a sign and trade for parsons when houston already said they wont match ? Mavericks have the cap space to absorb the contract without helping out houston unless the mavs have a bad contract they want to shed.

Saddletramp
07-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Rocket fans downing Parsons after the fact is pure comedy. It's like trying to get with a fine chick and after she shoots you down saying "well she wasn't all that anyway!!!"

But you're forgetting the part where the chick only wants VIP treatment, and and gives the same amount of "production" (her hotness) as another chick that's cool with a cheap date.

Loved Parsons, but he seemed to really, really want out for some reason after helping lure Howard and really being a fan favorite. For the price, the Mavs can have him. I'd have rather kept him but no point in crying about it now.

Also, I love how good for nothing but trolling ThuglifeJ says he doesn't think the Rockets will make the playoffs, Bosstone calls him out in a sig bet and TLJ backs down. What a coward. Put your money where your mouth is if you're going to run it, p*ssy*ss.

Quinnsanity
07-13-2014, 09:54 PM
It would be very hard for Houston to create max-level cap space next offseason. As of right now, assuming they exercise team options on Jones and Motiejunas (which they damn well should, considering they're cheap role players and don't have much on the roster), they have just over $51 million on the books for next year right now for only five players (Harden, Howard, Ariza, Motiejunas, Jones). With cap holds, that goes up to around $54 million, and if they exercise team options on Isaiah Canaan and Robert Covington, that goes up to $56 million. Let's say they're at $55 million just to be safe. The current cap is around $63 million, and even if it rises to the expected total of around $65-66 million, the Rockets still only have room for a player at around $10 million. But remember: they also have to re-sign Patrick Beverley, and in order to issue him a qualifying offer, they need to create a cap hold of around $1.2 million, so that drops their functional cap room to around $8.8 million. Considering the market we've set this year, with guys like Channing Frye getting $8 million per year, that doesn't really do much for them. Also remember, they only have Dwight Howard and James Harden locked up for a finite amount of time, and they're both going to age (Howard in particular is on a ticking clock). You really don't want to give up a year when you have two stars to keep satisfied, especially if there isn't a really big prize waiting at the end of the rainbow. They'd be much better off using their current cap space to either sign a restricted free agent with a smaller max (think Eric Bledsoe or Greg Monroe) or try to absorb the contract of someone signed before this offseason at a below market value rate (Paul Millsap, Goran Dragic, Ryan Anderson, Rajon Rondo, Al Horford) and then re-sign them later when they have their bird rights and can go over the cap. Do they have the assets to get those guys? Probably not, but with Beverley, Jones, Clint Capela and that New Orleans pick they do have some stuff to deal if the right player becomes available, and it only takes one dumb GM to make a bad trade.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2014, 10:05 PM
But you're forgetting the part where the chick only wants VIP treatment, and and gives the same amount of "production" (her hotness) as another chick that's cool with a cheap date.

Loved Parsons, but he seemed to really, really want out for some reason after helping lure Howard and really being a fan favorite. For the price, the Mavs can have him. I'd have rather kept him but no point in crying about it now.

Also, I love how good for nothing but trolling ThuglifeJ says he doesn't think the Rockets will make the playoffs, Bosstone calls him out in a sig bet and TLJ backs down. What a coward. Put your money where your mouth is if you're going to run it, p*ssy*ss.

You have to look at it from his perspective. After being wined and dined and highly touted as the "next future allstar" for years they put him on the back burner to chase guys they had a slim chance of getting. Morey made it quite clear it's all business, and could care less about players feelings getting hurt. Ok so if that's the case I can't be mad at Parsons for looking out for his best interest on a team with comparable talent.

At the end of the day it should've never even got to this point, Houston gambled and lost. Now to say they'll miss the playoffs is a huge stretch but I don't think it's unreasonable to say they've taken a step back thus far....

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 10:07 PM
For every piece we gain, we lost somebody who was key last season? Care to elaborate? The only piece we lost that will surely be missed is VC. If losing him means getting Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons, I am all in favor of that.

We definitely are still missing a few pieces for us to be able to contend but this lineup is hell of a lot better than the lineup we had last year. I know we overpaid Parsons but that's the only way we could get him so might as well do it. Lastly, Houston has a good organization and Morey has proven to be a great GM but don't underestimate Cuban and his front office. There might come a day where Parsons will see this as the best choice of his basketball career.

Yup. Frustrating that they were THAT close to keeping VC too to have the bench power.. I might forever be salty about this haha.

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Must be tough for Houston fans. You don't get Bosh and you lose Parsons.

sf-fanatic
07-13-2014, 10:10 PM
I just think it's funny how rockets fans turned on Parsons so quickly. During the season, there was a lot of Klay Thompson and Chandler Parsons comparisons in the main nba forum. Every time, Rocket fans were quick to compare and say Parsons can be a mega-efficient 20 ppg scorer in the league as a #2 option if they didn't have Harden or Howard. They also said he was one of the top 2 way players in the league and make multiple all-star appearances in his career.

Now when he leaves, he is lucky to make 1 all star game and might have peaked out. And the Rockets got better and closer to winning the ship with Ariza on a 4 year deal over Parsons.

king4day
07-13-2014, 10:11 PM

Would you have preferred Charlotte offer him the same deal as opposed to Hayward?

king4day
07-13-2014, 10:13 PM

I would think the hardest to accept is dealing off a #1 pick to get rid of Lin. Just a rough offseason overall for them.

Htownballa1622
07-13-2014, 10:15 PM
All I know is this.

Parsons will be missed. 15 mil is an overpay but he deserves to be paid. I'll miss him. Wish him well.

Ariza provides defense we've needed on the wing.

Rox fans have a right to be upset because we missed, but It's good to even be in that position and we can still get better.

Rox are hated by trolls left and right.

ThuglifeJ is a closet Rox fan. No reason he loves to troll this much. That or some Rox fan stole his gf or did something to him.

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 10:17 PM
I would think the hardest to accept is dealing off a #1 pick to get rid of Lin. Just a rough offseason overall for them.

Yea but we also gain one from the Asik deal.

brandt
07-13-2014, 10:18 PM

Not tough at all. I would rather have Trevor Ariza and some spending money to go get another couple good pieces than to overpay for Bosh and Parsons who wouldn't leave you any room to do anything else for quite a while. Morey will come through. He always does.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Would you have preferred Charlotte offer him the same deal as opposed to Hayward?

Yes

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 10:29 PM
I just think it's funny how rockets fans turned on Parsons so quickly. During the season, there was a lot of Klay Thompson and Chandler Parsons comparisons in the main nba forum. Every time, Rocket fans were quick to compare and say Parsons can be a mega-efficient 20 ppg scorer in the league as a #2 option if they didn't have Harden or Howard. They also said he was one of the top 2 way players in the league and make multiple all-star appearances in his career.

Now when he leaves, he is lucky to make 1 all star game and might have peaked out. And the Rockets got better and closer to winning the ship with Ariza on a 4 year deal over Parsons.
I like it when people make generalised statements about a fan base based on 1 or 2 fans opinions. I have always said parsons is a good player but not an all star. The rockets two biggest problems last season were perimeter defense and rebounding. Parsons strength is scoring. Ariza's strength is perimeter defense. Rockets needed perimeter defence, not scoring. As I said all of last season. Of course parsons is the better player however at 15 mil and what he brings to the table, Ariza is the better option at half the price who fills a need of the rockets. The bigger loss for Houston is Asik. If the rockets go backwards, it won't be because of Lin or parsons, it will be the loss of asik.

SouthSideRookie
07-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Parsons would outproduce Klay in most of the match ups and is one of the reasons why the Rockets seemed to always beat GS. I can't remember anyone saying Parsons was a one the best two way players.

Morey said since day 1, Houston was one or two pieces away from being a true contender. Most Houston fans said second round was probably their peak and WCF would be best case scenario.

OTOH, Mavs fans think an 8th seed is a team on the cusp of contending. Just like when your Warriors gave the Spurs a good competitive series the year before and everyone got fooled into thinking they were some team on the brink of winning a title. GS acquire Iggy, and again ended up as a 6th seed.

Parsons is a role player, there's no way he'll move the needle for the Mavs in terms of being a legitimate contender. They can have him for $15 Mill, I'm sure this is what Dirk had in mind for giving up some money, paying a role player more than him.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 10:31 PM
What a disappointing few days for Houston. They end up getting Ariza who they had before as their big pickup of the offseason and lose a glue guy for them in Parsons . I guess the thought of playing with two players who disappear in big moments isn't appealing for many.

sf-fanatic
07-13-2014, 10:31 PM
I like it when people make generalised statements about a fan base based on 1 or 2 fans opinions. I have always said parsons is a good player but not an all star. The rockets two biggest problems last season were perimeter defense and rebounding. Parsons strength is scoring. Ariza's strength is perimeter defense. Rockets needed perimeter defence, not scoring. As I said all of last season. Of course parsons is the better player however at 15 mil and what he brings to the table, Ariza is the better option at half the price who fills a need of the rockets. The bigger loss for Houston is Asik. If the rockets go backwards, it won't be because of Lin or parsons, it will be the loss of asik.

I see what you are saying, but if there was a poll last year midseason about parson's potential over 50% of rox fans will vote multiple all stars.

FOBolous
07-13-2014, 10:32 PM
congrats to Dallas for getting Parsons. the reason why Houston didn't match is because Parsons isn't the 2nd or the 3rd star you need to win the championship. the possibility of Parsons even becoming a star is very slim. at best, he's a very good role player who knows how to take advantage of the openings your team's superstar creates in the opposing team's defense. so good luck to Dallas on their quest to win another championship with Parsons as their 2nd best player, because whether they like it or not, with the contract they gave Parsons, he's their team's 2nd best player for the rest of Dirk's career.

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Think Ariza is way worth it, though. For half the price, he can defend and he had his best season last year. Him and Beverley backcourt would be great.

FOBolous
07-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Think Ariza is way worth it, though. For half the price, he can defend and he had his best season last year. Him and Beverley backcourt would be great.

yup. i'm of the opinion that Parson's a better "fit" in Houston's backcourt than Parsons. unlike Parsons, Ariza actually plays defense and he's a better 3 pts shooter. Beverly, Dwight, and now Ariza can all help make up for Harden's lack of effort on the defensive end.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 10:40 PM
What a disappointing few days for Houston. They end up getting Ariza who they had before as their big pickup of the offseason and lose a glue guy for them in Parsons . I guess the thought of playing with two players who disappear in big moments isn't appealing for many.

Especially when they remain arrogant/stubborn about it versus trying to solve the issue.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 10:40 PM
It's hard to win many games when your best player jacks up too many shots and plays zero defense and I'm talking about matador defense. You can't be considered a top ten player and shoot bad percentage shots and play no defense but that's just my opinion.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 10:41 PM
I see what you are saying, but if there was a poll last year midseason about parson's potential over 50% of rox fans will vote multiple all stars.
I get that. I just hate being lumped into the same group just because we support the same team.

FOBolous
07-13-2014, 10:42 PM
with Parsons as their 2nd best player, Dallas will be stuck in mediocrity for the rest of Dirk's career.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Especially when they remain arrogant/stubborn about it versus trying to solve the issue.

I guess when they say everything is bigger in Texas that also includes egos.

eternal slumber
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Morey gambled on Bosh, he lost but to tell us Rockets fans Morey screwed this team up isn't true at all.

we we're able to sign Ariza to a very good deal.

Houston's biggest weakness last year was perimeter defense, not scoring.

Parsons is a really good player and will be missed but to match that contract and to imagine him making more than Harden is just not right.

i would have liked for Morey match but he didn't and that's why he is a GM and i am not.

Rockets still have 15 million cap space this off season to work with.

he can still offer Bledsoe or Monroe max or close to max which would be a terrific addition for Houston.

Rox can also bid on Boozer when he's amnestied and still have a boat load of cap space to fill some holes on the team.

free agency isn't over. Morey has plans.

in Morey i trust.

nycericanguy
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
6th time Ariza has changed teams since 2008...

Redrum187
07-13-2014, 10:46 PM
This is why I will NEVER follow a team.

To Houston Fans (mostly mightybosstone):

I'm really annoyed... wipe the bullsh*t out of your eyes. Ariza is a better financial deal than Parsons, TRUE, Ariza covers more of the Rockets needs than Parsons, debatable but I'd say TRUE. Ariza is the better player, FALSE. Ariza makes the Houston Rockets better (more than Parsons), completely FALSE. Houston made some really bold risks to acquire a super team but has shown to be ultimately fruitless, TRUE. Morey and the Houston Rockets made Cuban and the Mavericks look stupid, FALSE. "The poison pill" contract that Parsons signed with Dallas will hurt the Mavericks, FALSE (it's a 2-3 year deal and he has shown the tools to live up to that contract). Grow the ******* up! Stop attacking Dallas fans because you guys struck out. You guys are going to be really good! I've said nothing but positive things about your franchise, but you guys piss me off.

To Dallas fans (mostly thuglifej):

Your team got so much better this off-season. You got the better player between Ariza and Parsons. Why go at it in a personal forum fight with Rocket fans? Some of them are hurt and angry for the shortcomings this off season (even though I don't think it's NEARLY as big of a blow as they do... they just had a lot of expectations so it seems like a bigger blow than it is). Be happy your team got Parsons and ignore them if they want to talk *****. Debate player skill sets, team needs, potential team chemistry, etc.. not how dumb or naive a forum member is or how their team is going to be in the lottery.

To mightybosstone: People are saying things like, "oh, I applaud you for owning up to all the things you said not being true... you're just passionate about your team..." That is the problem. I think your "passion for your team" brings out the worst in you. Go back to the beginning pages where I was happy that you seem to be humbled and I gave some words of encouragement. Reading all the crap AFTER that is kind of disappointing. No applause from me if you're going to be immature with other team fans over some petty ********.

spreadeagle
07-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Ya bunch of awful moves Parsons is way better then Ariza n still getting better

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Parsons is better than Ariza period. Ariza is a good fallback plan after you lose out on both Bosh and Parsons but let's not actually pretend he is better than Parsons.

Brooklyn_lakers
07-13-2014, 10:50 PM
with Parsons as their 2nd best player, Dallas will be stuck in mediocrity for the rest of Dirk's career.
You mad? Dallas is a better team than Houston right now, so that's what matters. It's funny you say this. So if Dallas is stuck in mediocrity, then what will Houston be?
Don't be mad.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Wait, at what point did Howard "disappear" during last years playoffs?

Are you talking about Morey or the fans? Because how can fans "try to solve the issue"?

rockets-fan
07-13-2014, 10:54 PM

I'm really annoyed... wipe the bullsh*t out of your eyes. Ariza is a better financial deal than Parsons, TRUE, Ariza covers more of the Rockets needs than Parsons, debatable but I'd say TRUE. Ariza is the better player, FALSE. Ariza makes the Houston Rockets better (more than Parsons), completely FALSE. Houston made some really bold risks to acquire a super team but has shown to be ultimately fruitless, TRUE. Morey and the Houston Rockets made Cuban and the Mavericks look stupid, FALSE. "The poison pill" contract that Parsons signed with Dallas will hurt the Mavericks, FALSE (it's a 2-3 year deal and he has shown the tools to live up to that contract). Grow the ******* up! Stop attacking Dallas fans because you guys struck out. You guys are going to be really good! I've said nothing but positive things about your franchise, but you guys piss me off.

Your team got so much better this off-season. You got the better player between Ariza and Parsons. Why go at it in a personal forum fight with Rocket fans? Some of them are hurt and angry for the shortcomings this off season (even though I don't think it's NEARLY as big of a blow as they do... they just had a lot of expectations so it seems like a bigger blow than it is). Be happy your team got Parsons and ignore them if they want to talk *****. Debate player skill sets, team needs, potential team chemistry, etc.. not how dumb or naive a forum member is or how their team is going to be in the lottery.

To mightybosstone: People are saying things like, "oh, I applaud you for owning up to all the things you said not being true... you're just passionate about your team..." That is the problem. I think your "passion for your team" brings out the worst in you. Go back to the beginning pages where I was happy that you seem to be humbled and I gave some words of encouragement. Reading all the crap AFTER that is kind of disappointing. No applause from me if you're going to be immature with other team fans over some petty ********.

This.

Kleonidas
07-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Howard will be lucky to ever see a WCF. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He's a great catholic kid btw...

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Must have forgot about Monte Ellis. The Mavs are a TEAM not a collection of names. Parsons is a cog (important cog) in a machine. With the Mavs ability (and willingness) to pass the ball Parsons will just have to be aggressive and hit the open shot. He'll get plenty of open looks with Dirk and Monte on the court. The Mavs don't have one or two guys that dominate the ball. Any Rockets fan that thinks Parsons will have zero impact on the Mavs is just bitter. He has improved his game every year he has been in the league. Considering he just got an upgraded coach there's no reason that should change this year. Plus he will be right in his prime when the 3 year contract is up.

I also have complete faith in Cuban and Donnie Nelson they a replacement for Dirk will be brought in within the next 2 years (likely via trade).

gatkins11
07-13-2014, 11:00 PM

Post of the day.

FOBolous
07-13-2014, 11:01 PM
You mad? Dallas is a better team than Houston right now, so that's what matters. It's funny you say this. So if Dallas is stuck in mediocrity, then what will Houston be?
Don't be mad.

so you think Parsons the "missing piece" a team needs to when the championship? Because at the moment, at 15 million dollars, and that is what Parsons is to Dallas right now. the cap space dad Dallas has been saving to pair Dirk with another star has now been used on Parsons. Instead of Melo, Bosh, or Dwight...they got Parsons. I think Cuban definitely deserves the owner of the Year award for landing this transformational star.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Wait, at what point did Howard "disappear" during last years playoffs?

Are you talking about Morey or the fans? Because how can fans "try to solve the issue"?

Players. Mainly Harden. Dwight is more so immature but he showed up last playoffs, Harden was just embarassingly bad and remained stubborn/arrogant about it.

chitown85
07-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Morey gambled on Bosh, he lost but to tell us Rockets fans Morey screwed this team up isn't true at all.

we we're able to sign Ariza to a very good deal.

Houston's biggest weakness last year was perimeter defense, not scoring.

Parsons is a really good player and will be missed but to match that contract and to imagine him making more than Harden is just not right.

i would have liked for Morey match but he didn't and that's why he is a GM and i am not.

Rockets still have 15 million cap space this off season to work with.

he can still offer Bledsoe or Monroe max or close to max which would be a terrific addition for Houston.

Rox can also bid on Boozer when he's amnestied and still have a boat load of cap space to fill some holes on the team.

free agency isn't over. Morey has plans.

in Morey i trust.

This is the right attitude as a Rocket's fan. I understand and can relate to the some people's frustrations on missing out on Bosh and now this... (I am a Chicago fan... So duh). But, Houston still has some moves in them imo, and is still a really good team. Have a lot to be happy about/look forward to.

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Man I missed the part where Ariza was some stud player all of a sudden? And some defensive juggernaut..
I always liked the guy but dam he's getting wayy overhyped. He's athletic and solid on defense, solid player to have.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Players. Mainly Harden. Dwight is more so immature but he showed up last playoffs, Harden was just embarassingly bad and remained stubborn/arrogant about it.
Last playoffs was a learning experience for Harden. Guy is only 24, hasn't even hit his peak yet. He will learn.

FOBolous
07-13-2014, 11:10 PM
I have never seen a teen guess so much praise for overpaying a player

mightybosstone
07-13-2014, 11:11 PM

First off, don't tell me how to react. I'm a grown man and I'll react to things as I feel like I need to. The reason I come to PSD to talk sports is because there are very few people in my life who like sports, so I use these forums as a sounding board and as an outlet for sports discussion. That includes both the highs and lows of following the teams I'm passionate about.

And I'm not attacking any Dallas fans. I defend myself, I defend my teams and I will go out of my way to take issues with takes I disagree with, but very rarely do I arbitrarily go out of my way to attack an opposing poster on this site. And all of the things you just said are words you're essentially putting into my mouth. I don't appreciate that. I am not all Rockets fans, and Rockets fans are all not me, so do not lump us together and then attribute everything to me. If you want to call out something I said, address that post individually and we can talk it out. Otherwise, leave my name out of it.

What the **** are you even talking about? I haven't said anything in like three hours, and I kept pretty much every single thing I said in this thread pretty damn civil, all things considered. I literally have no clue what posts you're referring to. If you want to address those individual posts, then let's address them, but I looked back through this pages and there wasn't a single post of mine that was unusually harsh. I've said worse things in joking with posters during re-draft than I said in this thread.

So, again, quit generalizing and talking down to me atop your pedestal. Just because you don't follow a particular team does not give you some kind of unique insight to sports. Nor does it give you the right to lecture me about forum etiquette. If I wanted to act like a mature adult, I'd be at work. But I come here to talk sports and occasionally vent, and sometimes I get emotional. That's just me. I give literally zero ****s if you care or not.

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Man I missed the part where Ariza was some stud player all of a sudden? And some defensive juggernaut..
I always liked the guy but dam he's getting wayy overhyped. He's athletic and solid on defense, solid player to have.
No one is saying is a defensive juggernaught, we are saying that he is an upgrade on parsons on the defensive end and solves a problem houston had last season.