07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1 minute ago
Yahoo Sources: Miami, Luol Deng agree on 2-year, $20M deal. yhoo.it/1mxVeWQ

DeadMemories
07-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Lebron's replacement, back to the finals for miami

KobeOwnSU
07-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Miami isn't doing a bad job rebounding. Let's be honest, they lost the best player in the world so it will be tough to do anything to recoup that...But Napier/Wade/Deng/Mcroberts/Bosh isn't a bad starting five in the east.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:35 PM
A couple more quality pieces, and Miami may very well remain competitive in the East.

I love the 2 year deal, keeps us competitive for the next two years, and we still have the ability to go big in the 2016 free agency.

WITZ
07-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Lets see if it was Mike Browns incompetence that made Deng look like **** or if he really is on the decline.

diu9leilomo
07-13-2014, 02:38 PM
regardless of deng signing, the heat MUST change the style of play now lebron's gone. small ball will KILL them.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Ken Berger @KBergCBS 1 minute ago
Deng's deal with Miami is two years, $20 million with a player option after the first year, source says.
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz37NJK8YCc

Seems like Deng wants flexibility as well. Maybe come in and show the world that he is still very capable and then come back and get big money next free agency.

abe_froman
07-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Lets see if it was Mike Browns incompetence that made Deng look like **** or if he really is on the decline.

naw,he's def declined,it was clear watching himon the bulls...but hat doesnt mean the isnt still a good player

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Not bad at all, But they still have no PG.

I wonder if they resign Mario or get Nelson

P&GRealist
Ken Berger @KBergCBS 1 minute ago
Deng's deal with Miami is two years, $20 million with a player option after the first year, source says.
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz37NJK8YCc

Seems like Deng wants flexibility as well. Maybe come in and show the world that he is still very capable and then come back and get big money next free agency.

Next summer, he'll realize that Miami is done and will leave that team, thus the 2nd yr player option.

Dade County
regardless of deng signing, the heat MUST change the style of play now lebron's gone. small ball will KILL them.

I still think the HEAT can go small at certain points of the game, but I would like a big. And I think Wade should bring the ball up more and we always have a pre shooter out there.

Deng, Beasley, Bosh & McRob will be able to stretch the floor... I just need Wade to be able to attack when healthy of course.

If they can get Monore.

Big Zo
07-13-2014, 02:45 PM
A couple more quality pieces, and Miami may very well remain competitive in the East.

I love the 2 year deal, keeps us competitive for the next two years, and we still have the ability to go big in the 2016 free agency.

They should already be competitive in the east. They play in a ****** division that they should win.

P&GRealist
07-13-2014, 02:45 PM

They get SHAbAZZZZ Napier, u know, LeBron's favorite player!

kozelkid
07-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Hate it as someone who loved Deng. That said, they still have MAJOR question marks as far as depth goes. Interesting to see what they do with the remaining cap space.

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 02:48 PM
They get SHAbAZZZZ Napier, u know, LeBron's favorite player!

Ehhhh, He not doing anything in the summer league so far

Dade County
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM

I rather they stick with Cole & Shabazz... And have Wade reinvent his game.

Meaning, Wade plays more pg per say & we always have a pure shooter out there.

But the HEAT need a big, next to Bosh & McRob; not counting the times Miami plays small ball for certain portions of the game.

strahan92osi72
07-13-2014, 02:55 PM
This should make them a 6 seed, if Wade has a bounce back year they can be the 4. By bounce back I don't mean the MVP type Wade, he's long gone, but a decent Wade.

still1ballin
07-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Good signing.

Lakers gave 9m to jordan hill.

They could of easily acquired deng at 10m

:facepalm:

still1ballin
07-13-2014, 02:57 PM
How much more money does the heat have? Considering they will give wade 14/15m, will they have enough to fill up the roster with decent players?

Mr. Baller
07-13-2014, 03:01 PM
How much more money does the heat have? Considering they will give wade 14/15m, will they have enough to fill up the roster with decent players?

Depending on what Wade signs they still have a good amount left considering they got 20M free from LeBron leaving. Plus the first year is less then 10m for Deng so a little extra there as well

Hardaway Here
07-13-2014, 03:05 PM
If we can get a decent big we should be alright. I'm just looking forward to the season already to see how these pieces come together.

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Do the heat snag Okafor?

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Do the heat snag Okafor?

Many will probably disagree, but I hope we get Andray Blatche. 27 years old, very, very athletic, a 6'11 center who has handles like a guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULAEdL7tcH8 -- the way he went behind the back, and faked out Deandre Jordan, some guards may not be able to do that.

Given minutes in Washington, he averaged 8+ rebounds one year, not too shabby. But I really like a Blatche/Bosh/McRoberts front court with Birdman as the main back-up. Gives us tons and tons of versatility. I hope our next target is Blatche, or Okafor, depending on how his health is.

Dade County
07-13-2014, 03:13 PM
If we can get a decent big we should be alright. I'm just looking forward to the season already to see how these pieces come together.

Do the heat snag Okafor?

I am hoping that Pat can grab Monore & or Okafor.

Remember, Pat thinks BIG. He's going to pull of something, maybe not now but do worry.

JordansBulls
07-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Miami now has the Lebron stopper.

Holydiver
07-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Lebron's replacement, back to the finals for miami

the idiocy on this board is beyond belief, or else you were being sarcastic

Bring The Heat
07-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Is Greg Monroe a possibility or does he want too much money? Anyone know anything about that? And is Okafor still any good.. Haven't seen him in awhile. Regardless we definitely need a center that's for sure

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Is Greg Monroe a possibility or does he want too much money? Anyone know anything about that? And is Okafor still any good.. Haven't seen him in awhile. Regardless we definitely need a center that's for sure

No, we don't have money for Monroe.

Holydiver
07-13-2014, 03:20 PM
No, we don't have money for Monroe.

there you go again, saying "we" and yesterday giving a guy **** over using we about his team. wtf

We? You aren't on the Bulls bro.. you get no credit if they beat the Knicks sorry.

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Many will probably disagree, but I hope we get Andray Blatche. 27 years old, very, very athletic, a 6'11 center who has handles like a guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULAEdL7tcH8 -- the way he went behind the back, and faked out Deandre Jordan, some guards may not be able to do that.

Given minutes in Washington, he averaged 8+ rebounds one year, not too shabby. But I really like a Blatche/Bosh/McRoberts front court with Birdman as the main back-up. Gives us tons and tons of versatility. I hope our next target is Blatche, or Okafor, depending on how his health is.

I was going to post that Blatche is probably the best realistic option out there. I don't think the Heat can pry Monroe away from Detroit. I just can't see any assets Detroit would take back in a S&T. I doubt they just let him walk. Blatche on the other hand would probably sign with Miami for around the MLE unless someone throws crazy jack at him. The Heat are shaping up to be a top 5 seed in the East but they really need a C and true PG now without LeBron.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:29 PM
there you go again, saying "we" and yesterday giving a guy **** over using we about his team. wtf

l am talking as a fan about my team. You were talking about beating the Knicks and making it seem like you played for the Bulls and were apart of the team beating them.

I thought you had me on your block list... please do that, i am sick of responding to your stupid comments.

thesprite
07-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Technically, a 1-on-1 trade.

But still a nice piece for Miami. They're still a team full of vets that understand how to win, and with a bigger room for error given that there are lesser expectations and pressure on them. The key for them is how they reinvent their plays, which will make their opponents less familiar compared to the team of the last four years.

Dade County
07-13-2014, 03:31 PM
I was going to post that Blatche is probably the best realistic option out there. I don't think the Heat can pry Monroe away from Detroit. I just can't see any assets Detroit would take back in a S&T. I doubt they just let him walk. Blatche on the other hand would probably sign with Miami for around the MLE unless someone throws crazy jack at him.

Well don't forget Pat and Stan have a relationship with each other.

The Heat are shaping up to be a top 5 seed in the East but they really need a C and true PG now without LeBron.

I think Miami could have sured that up pretty easily, but you know, they was waiting on someone decision... lmao

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:31 PM
I was going to post that Blatche is probably the best realistic option out there. I don't think the Heat can pry Monroe away from Detroit. I just can't see any assets Detroit would take back in a S&T. I doubt they just let him walk. Blatche on the other hand would probably sign with Miami for around the MLE unless someone throws crazy jack at him. The Heat are shaping up to be a top 5 seed in the East but they really need a C and true PG now without LeBron.

Yeah, at 27 Blatche is very young, and when he is playing well is unguardable. No center in this league can guard a 6'10 player with handles like a guard. Blatche is so unique in that as a 6'10 big, you can give him the ball at the top of the key and let him create his own shot.

With Bosh/McRoberts, I think Blatche would be an amazing fit.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft 1 minute ago
Heat will likely re-sign Mario Chalmers after the signing of Luol Deng. Don't see enough $ for them to be serious suitors for Eric Bledsoe.

Not sure we have any money for Bledsoe left, but if we do, wonder how much we could offer.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Their front court is filling out nicely. I don't think they'll miss a beat next year....

Holydiver
07-13-2014, 03:33 PM
l am talking as a fan about my team. You were talking about beating the Knicks and making it seem like you played for the Bulls and were apart of the team beating them.

I thought you had me on your block list... please do that, i am sick of responding to your stupid comments.

you are a hypocrite, your post history is full of "WE" about the Heat.

I am sick of your ******** threads and you slamming others when you do the same ****

goingfor28
07-13-2014, 03:34 PM

What the hell is the difference? Lol he got u there. Nbd bc I call my teams "we" also but you did the same thing as what the guy quoted you on lol

"We beat the knicks"
"We don't have money for Monroe"

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:36 PM
What the hell is the difference? Lol he got u there. Nbd bc I call my teams "we" also but you did the same thing as what the guy quoted you on lol

He said, I can't wait till we wipe the floor with your Knicks team, talking as if he played on the Bulls. You should have seen the ridiculous crap going on in that Melo thread yesterday. So many butthurt Bulls fans.

Nikeman
you are a hypocrite, your post history is full of "WE" about the Heat.

I am sick of your ******** threads and you slamming others when you do the same ****

Okay, feel free to not come and respond to them everyday then :)

goingfor28
He said, I can't wait till we wipe the floor with your Knicks team, talking as if he played on the Bulls. You should have seen the ridiculous crap going on in that Melo thread yesterday. So many butthurt Bulls fans.
I did. I've read it all, but it's the saaaame exact thing lol

Hellcrooner
07-13-2014, 03:37 PM
they will go after bynum next.

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Well don't forget Pat and Stan have a relationship with each other.

I think Miami could have sured that up pretty easily, but you know, they was waiting on someone decision... lmao

I doubt Miami can even give Monroe an offer he'd consider taking. I see a team with cap and young players to send to Detroit like Phoenix or maybe Utah giving him a nice offer. If Jordan Hill can get $9 mil, how much can Monroe get? That said the team is in decent shape considering they just lost the best player since MJ.

RLundi
07-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I don't love it but at least the Heat will win 45 games next season and make it to a second round show down only to be clobbered incessantly by the Cavs.

Holydiver
07-13-2014, 03:43 PM
say hi to Riles for me Nikeman.

Dade County
07-13-2014, 03:44 PM
I doubt Miami can even give Monroe an offer he'd consider taking. I see a team with cap and young players to send to Detroit like Phoenix or maybe Utah giving him a nice offer. If Jordan Hill can get $9 mil, how much can Monroe get? That said the team is in decent shape considering they just lost the best player since MJ.

Posters have said he would want 16mil per year.

I'm hoping Pat can work something out with Stan down the line for him.

Dade County
07-13-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't love it but at least the Heat will win 45 games next season and make it to a second round show down only to be clobbered incessantly by the Cavs.

lol...

HEAT roll!

No one knows what can happen and how the rosters will look if they ever even meet in a playoff series. Irving might be injured at that point already (lol) or Wade might not hold up.

People talk about Wade health, but no one brings up Irving history.

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Nice move.

jmartin80
07-13-2014, 04:31 PM

I see what you are saying. If he doesn't play for the Bulls then, in your opinion, he shouldn't be able to say we will beat the Knicks. I am guessing you can say "We" though because you are helping structure the contracts for the Heat?

If you are not doing that, then yeah, its the same thing and very hypocritical.

jmartin80
07-13-2014, 04:33 PM
I am a fan of Deng and feel this is a great signing by them. Disappointed in his choice, but a good signing.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:08 PM
They may sneak into the playoffs now.

ryang
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
They may sneak into the playoffs now.

Sneak in? Lmao. We will be in the playoffs. And you can quote him (ace Ventura).

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
^That roster is still not all that impressive looking.

h2r09
07-13-2014, 09:25 PM

Yes it absolutely is. Especially if they add Boozer when he is amnestied by the Bulls.

Chalmers/Napier/Cole
Wade/Granger
Deng/Ennis
Boozer/Mcroberts/Haslem
Bosh/ Andersen

And they still have a few roster spots left to add more talent at the guard position. That is a 50 win team

ryang
07-13-2014, 09:28 PM

Name 6 teams in the east who are better? Bird man just resigned. Riley is also not done. I got 4 maybe 5 teams tops that are better in the EAST

NYKNYGNYY
07-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Just signed bird man...

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Name 6 teams in the east who are better? Bird man just resigned. Riley is also not done. I got 4 maybe 5 teams tops that are better in the EAST

Bulls
Cavs
Raptors
Pacers
Wizards
Hornets

h2r09
07-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Bulls
Cavs
Raptors
Pacers
Wizards
Hornets
lol

ryang
07-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Bulls
Cavs
Raptors
Pacers
Wizards
Hornets

If rosť is there.
Raptors?
Hornets? Lmao. We will see

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Hornets were the 7 seed last year, moving up a seed is not out of the question. That's not even mentioning the Hawks if they are healthy, I will admit I am not factoring in Boozer yet if the Heat get him things could be adjusted.

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Pretty good deal if you ask me. Basically, they let go of Bron for Deng, McRoberts, and Granger. Sounds more than fair considering most teams won't get anything. Miami is easily still a top 4 team, IMO. The disrespect some of you have is just mindblowing. Bosh doesn't average 16/6. Try maybe 22/8? He was hindered by James regardless of how you want to put it. Wade is a bit different because I'm not sure if he's taking days, weeks, months off at times but he is easily still capable of putting up at least 20/4/5. Deng can just as much do the same. They also signed Granger who if he can play 1/4th as good as he did during his prime years with Pacers - would be helpful. Also expect Cole/Chalmers to have more freedom. They'll be handling the ball more than ever with James gone. Miami needs to stop playing small ball, too. No longer works as great without James.

ryang
07-13-2014, 10:46 PM
If we still play small ball my head will explode. Looking forward to seeing rebounds again.

ink
07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Hope he has some success there. Big shoes to fill.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Hopefully he can stay healthy, remember he was on Cleveland last year and they still sucked.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Who is going to setup these perimeter players for Miami? Wade who can't stay long enough on the floor? The biggest problem with Deng during his days in Chicago was that he was unable to create his own shot. He will make players like LeBron work hard for their points and give you 16-18 points a game. Can't replace LeBron but getting Deng for 2 years and 20 million with an opt out after one isn't bad.

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Who is going to setup these perimeter players for Miami? Wade who can't stay long enough on the floor? The biggest problem with Deng during his days in Chicago was that he was unable to create his own shot. He will make players like LeBron work hard for their points and give you 16-18 points a game. Can't replace LeBron but getting Deng for 2 years and 20 million with an opt out after one isn't bad.

I was thinking the same thing. Which is why Miami shouldn't play small ball anymore. Clearly won't work in their favor with James being gone (he's the only reason they surrounded the team with three point shooters?). No one is doubling Wade any longer unless he goes on one of those bursts that happen 1/20 games. No way Bosh is out there all alone shooting threes so I expect him to fall more into that Toronto game. Spo has to come up with a new gameplan. No one can fill LeBron's shoes so I really hope he can adapt to the new roster.

ice_c
07-14-2014, 04:51 AM
Would the heat be willing to gamble on lance stephenson?

DR_1
07-14-2014, 08:59 AM

No, he was right, don't call him stupid.

DR_1
07-16-2014, 01:40 PM

Bulls, Cavs, Raptors, Wizards, Hornets, Hawks. Maybe Pacers and Nets too.

jerellh528
07-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Miami might even be better than they were last year

Hardaway Here
07-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Bulls, Cavs, Raptors, Wizards, Hornets, Hawks. Maybe Pacers and Nets too.

smh you can't possibly hate Miami this much to believe this

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-16-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm surprised but glad to see Heat fans still in the forums talking about their team. Good for you guys! :)

SportsFanatic10
07-17-2014, 03:59 AM

i find that hard to believe...but i'd love it if somehow that was the case lol.

FlashBolt
07-17-2014, 04:02 AM

Are you even remotely being serious?

Crackadalic
07-17-2014, 05:25 AM

:rolleyes:

Cavs/Bulls/Toronto/Pacers are all better then the heat right now. Even on paper

NYKnickFanatic
07-17-2014, 09:36 AM

Stop.

Cal827
07-17-2014, 11:41 AM

:laugh:

For the PSD Forum, there would be a hilarious Apocalypse, consisting of threads saying that "Lebron isn't that great after all" and "Is Wade the best SG of all time?"

Lol screw the Kobe comparisons, Wade would leapfrog to Jordan levels