PDA

View Full Version : Does this offseason feel weird to anyone at all?

zadora5
07-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Vince Carter going to Memphis, Paul Pierce going to Washington, Lebron returning to Cleveland, or is it just me? Thoughts?

PurpleLynch
07-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Vince Carter going to Memphis, Paul Pierce going to Washington, Lebron returning to Cleveland, or is it just me? Thoughts?

It was a weird season because unexpected,but definitely awesome. Add also to the list:
-Gasol(Bulls)
-Ariza(Rockets)
-Collison(Kings)
-David Blatt new HC of the Cavs
-Aaron Gordon picked at 4 in the Draft.
-Kidd new HC of the Bucks

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Pretty good thread idea. I agree it has been a bit weird. I didn't expect any of the signing posted here. Also major over pays for Meeks, Hill, Frye and to some extent Parson and Hayward. Hawes takes the MLE to backup DJ and Blake when half the teams in the league need a starting C. Charlotte pays $7 to Marvin Williams but couldn't top a MLE offer to McRoberts. There are lot more moves that make you scratch your head then moves that make perfect sense.

MrfadeawayJB
07-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Pretty good thread idea. I agree it has been a bit weird. I didn't expect any of the signing posted here. Also major over pays for Meeks, Hill, Frye and to some extent Parson and Hayward. Hawes takes the MLE to backup DJ and Blake when half the teams in the league need a starting C. Charlotte pays $7 to Marvin Williams but couldn't top a MLE offer to McRoberts. There are lot more moves that make you scratch your head then moves that make perfect sense.

Got to agree with Cracka, the bloated salaries are head scratching. Seems like another lockout is looming

bucketss
07-13-2014, 04:53 PM
can't believe 4 years of tanking got the cavs rewarded with 3 years of winning the lottery , and lebron ****ing james.

Bruno
07-13-2014, 05:03 PM
can't believe 4 years of tanking got the cavs rewarded with 3 years of winning the lottery , and lebron ****ing james.

x2. I've never seen such fortune. the fact that they have wiggins and might not even have to include him for love is absolutely ridiculous.

potential Irving-Wiggins-LBJ-Love? GTFO cleveland.

HYFR
07-13-2014, 05:08 PM

I know it's a typo but even giving $7 to Marvin Williams is an overpay lol

ThuglifeJ
07-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Yea it's been strange and unexpected...but I think that makes it even better. I haven't been this glued to an offseason in a while.

Parons getting a 15$ mil offer from DAL, Pierce to Wizards??, Miami re signing Bosh, VC to Memphis, Chandler back to Dallas, Ariza back to Rockets

a lot of unexpected stuff. Like really, unexpected

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah... it is odd... the really weird thing is that the 'contenders' haven't really improved.

MIA: lost their MVP
OKC: Steady.
SAS: Steady.
GSW: Steady.
LAC: Added Hawes?

I mean, things have really opened up int he East now... but the West has stayed put... I guess we are waiting to see what the Cavs ad Minnny do.

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 07:20 PM
It's been a roller coaster that's for sure

MrfadeawayJB
07-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Maybe this "weirdness" means more parity. VC to Memphis and pierce to WAS is good for small market teams

utl768
07-13-2014, 07:59 PM
its the nba owners getting what they wanted all along via the cba

the luxury tax being so damaging to wallets it broke up miami which was the whole reason for the lockout in the first place because dan gilbert and other owners were pissed

that tax caused pierce to leave brooklyn as well

Dade County
07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
its the nba owners getting what they wanted all along via the cba

the luxury tax being so damaging to wallets it broke up miami which was the whole reason for the lockout in the first place because dan gilbert and other owners were pissed

that tax caused pierce to leave brooklyn as well

And Now everyone wants Love on the Cav's. lol

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 08:08 PM

fixed

ldawg
07-13-2014, 08:36 PM
I think it has been great. I like the shake up and looking forward for next season. Miami still have a 1 2 punch. Cavs are the cavs again. Phill is trying to get NY on track. Clippers are gearing up, Mavs retooling, Rose is healthy and Chi town is looking to get back. I think it has been pretty good well except for Lakers the new CBA has done them in. They tried to be big spenders with Kobe and it back fired. Randle better be a stud or its Kobe and mmm Lin. He avg less than Pau so its interesting over there. Will Lakers miss the playoffs two years in a row? Great its just great. Hopefully in 2017 Lakers and NY would do decent and get in the race. Would be fun see Lakers vs Ny.

ldawg
07-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Now that Dan Gilbert have talent will he hate when he have to break up the band?

RedDinosaurGang
07-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Indeed!

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 08:51 PM
I think it has been great. I like the shake up and looking forward for next season. Miami still have a 1 2 punch. Cavs are the cavs again. Phill is trying to get NY on track. Clippers are gearing up, Mavs retooling, Rose is healthy and Chi town is looking to get back. I think it has been pretty good well except for Lakers the new CBA has done them in. They tried to be big spenders with Kobe and it back fired. Randle better be a stud or its Kobe and mmm Lin. He avg less than Pau so its interesting over there. Will Lakers miss the playoffs two years in a row? Great its just great. Hopefully in 2017 Lakers and NY would do decent and get in the race. Would be fun see Lakers vs Ny.

I agree I think this has been a great offseason for the NBA. Miami lost Labron without falling off the map. They're still going to be extremely competitive and should still challenge to the top seed in the East. It's going to be a very fun NBA season with a lot more competitive games. The playoffs should be insane too!

ldawg
07-13-2014, 11:12 PM
yeah. I kind of hate super teams. they cruse true the season beaten everyone. Its like their season don't start until the second round. They competitive games are much better. but I still think the NBA has to get the big market teams back in it. Lakers, Knicks, Nets, etc. Don't mind the stars are friends they don't have to hate each other but stop tripling up in their prime. Two stars a team Max.

zadora5
07-14-2014, 12:23 AM

I believe that this was all planned out with Lebron and the NBA a long time ago but all of the Leblowjob fans will beg to differ

DR_1
07-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Maybe this "weirdness" means more parity. VC to Memphis and pierce to WAS is good for small market teams

I hope so!

ice_c
07-14-2014, 06:10 PM
The Prodigal Son storyline with Lebron seems far too perfect and manufactured to be the result of coincidence.

Also, players need to stop writing letters after they sign with a team. It's beyond contrived and hackneyed.

Sly Guy
07-14-2014, 06:41 PM
yeah, plenty of weird storylines...

I totally expected VC to come back to the raps, let alone what's happened with parsons, james, bosh, melo, and just about every other FA.