PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs-Wiz rivalry is back!

j-bay
07-13-2014, 11:07 AM
I watched many Cavs Wizards games back in 05-08. Those games always put me on the edge on my seet. You had Lebron of course, Big Z, Larry Hughes, Varejo (who played on series for the Wiz and was key), . For the Wizards you had Gilbert Arenas, who was one of the best scorers in his prime, put up 30 points a game, Jamison, Butler, and Haywood. The rivalry took a short break after the Wizards started their rebuild and after LeBron left. The new guys didn't understand that this was a rivalry like the old guys did. Now the rivalry is back. Both teams are good again, the wizards got Wall and Beal, Lebron is back and has Kyrie and Wiggins, Paul Pierce is playing for the Wiz. Can't wait to play you guys cavs fans. It's going to be fun

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Lol. LeBron would make Wall, Beal, and Pierce retire. This is hardly a rivalry. Bring in Durant and we're talking something..

strahan92osi72
07-13-2014, 12:40 PM
You guys get Durant that would be a sick rivalry.

strahan92osi72
07-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Lol. LeBron would make Wall, Beal, and Pierce retire. This is hardly a rivalry. Bring in Durant and we're talking something..

It's getting hotter, I gotta say tho I'd love to see Wall and Durant on the same team. Westbrook is great, but Wall fits with Durant much better IMO.

turnaround3
07-13-2014, 12:47 PM
The fact that this is a serious post might make it the funniest thing I have ever encountered on this site.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2014, 12:51 PM
lol

kobe4thewinbang
07-13-2014, 12:52 PM
If Cavs get Kevin Love, they're the favorites in the east and I don't think Wiz stand a chance against them.
If Cleveland doesn't get Kevin Love, it could be interesting but c'mon, it's LeBron James. Wiz are going down every time, unless they get really lucky. I like the improvement of the Wiz though especially with Pierce coming.

j-bay
07-13-2014, 12:56 PM
If Cavs get Kevin Love, they're the favorites in the east and I don't think Wiz stand a chance against them.
If Cleveland doesn't get Kevin Love, it could be interesting but c'mon, it's LeBron James. Wiz are going down every time, unless they get really lucky. I like the improvement of the Wiz though especially with Pierce coming.

Not saying they will win, but what I'm suggesting is those games use to be exciting. Fans complain about how EC matchups are boring. Well if it's anything like the days of Lebron vs Arenas, we are in for a good basketball series.

Mr.B
07-13-2014, 01:07 PM
You guys get Durant that would be a sick rivalry.
First, I don't see Durant leaving OKC. however if he did I could actually see him going to Washington just for the chance to have this rivalry. I don't think I would pout the rivalry at the level of a Lakers/Celtics or Bulls/Pistons but it would be pretty damn exciting to watch.

BALLER R
07-13-2014, 01:12 PM
They haven't played a game yet

Confusious
07-13-2014, 01:33 PM
:laugh:

kingkenny01
07-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Not really a rivalry

Vee-Rex
07-13-2014, 01:41 PM
It was a rivalry, albeit a lopsided one. Even back then the Cavs were always beating the Wizards. Still, they were some very entertaining games, which is what I think the OP was getting at. Hope to see it again. :)

LAKobeBryant
07-13-2014, 02:28 PM
agent zero

RLundi
07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't really think it was ever a rivalry.

Also, just because the two teams are relevant again doesn't mean the rivalry is automatically renewed.

Nothing to see here.

j-bay
07-13-2014, 03:59 PM
It was a rivalry, albeit a lopsided one. Even back then the Cavs were always beating the Wizards. Still, they were some very entertaining games, which is what I think the OP was getting at. Hope to see it again. :)

Yes that's what I'm talking about. I we win this year, unlikely, but you never know. Either way like I said they were really fun to watch. People complain about the EC being "boring". This would be an exciting series. I remember you guys always beating us in 6 but the games always came down to the final minute.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Pierce vs Lebron is the only real rivalry there but it could become one.

jason17
07-13-2014, 05:47 PM
It was a rivalry back in 06-07 but that was hype and beef going on. Now cavs minus lebron have a new team and wiz havent had beef with cavs any longer but things change. Pierce and lebron are aperentlly rivals.

prodigy
07-13-2014, 08:06 PM
I watched many Cavs Wizards games back in 05-08. Those games always put me on the edge on my seet. You had Lebron of course, Big Z, Larry Hughes, Varejo (who played on series for the Wiz and was key), . For the Wizards you had Gilbert Arenas, who was one of the best scorers in his prime, put up 30 points a game, Jamison, Butler, and Haywood. The rivalry took a short break after the Wizards started their rebuild and after LeBron left. The new guys didn't understand that this was a rivalry like the old guys did. Now the rivalry is back. Both teams are good again, the wizards got Wall and Beal, Lebron is back and has Kyrie and Wiggins, Paul Pierce is playing for the Wiz. Can't wait to play you guys cavs fans. It's going to be fun

I may be mistaken but didn't the cavs win most if not all their meetings in playoffs? Series wise

j-bay
07-13-2014, 08:15 PM
I may be mistaken but didn't the cavs win most if not all their meetings in playoffs? Series wise
Yeah they did. Every game was close though. We didn't do so well when Gilbert became injury prone.

Sadds The Gr8
07-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Lol

prodigy
07-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Stevenson made it fun to watch lol, can't see me. Whatever happen to him?

Vee-Rex
07-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Wall vs. Irving, Beal vs. Waiters/Wiggins, Pierce vs. James... yeah it would be fun to watch. I'm up for more rivalries in the NBA, we've been lacking that. I love when players hate each other.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:20 PM
That is def a good thing, I thought about this today!

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Nothing suggests that Wizards can compete with Cavs. If you're talking about history, well, that's not much to talk about either. Pierce being the only player facing LeBron more than anyone is probably a good thing but let's be honest, he's done. Remember what happened in the playoffs?

The only thing I can say about Cavs having a rivalry is Miami. That is the NEW rivalry. James vs Wade was something I never knew would ever happen again.

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't know if the rivalry will survive without DeShawn Stevenson. As it stands now, though, LeBron James would tear the Wizards apart, while John Wall and Bradley Beal are busy containing Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins. But it has the makings of a good rivalry, though:

PG: Kyrie Irving vs. John Wall
SG: Andrew Wiggins vs. Bradley Beal
SF: LeBron James vs. Paul Pierce
PF: Tristian Thompson vs. Nene Hilario
C: Anderson Verajao vs. Marcin Gortat

kobe4thewinbang
07-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Not saying they will win, but what I'm suggesting is those games use to be exciting. Fans complain about how EC matchups are boring. Well if it's anything like the days of Lebron vs Arenas, we are in for a good basketball series.I hope the games are exciting, too. I liked watching the Wizards against the Bulls. Wiz got a good team. Wall's finally coming into his own now.

king4day
07-14-2014, 09:31 AM
If these two teams played a playoff series, right now, I would take the Wizards for sure. More experience and a starting 5 most teams will struggle to defend.

What'll help this likely budding rivalry is Pierce.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Wiz need to sign Delonte West for it to be a real rivalry!!

Vampirate
07-14-2014, 10:40 AM
The only new rivalry I see next year in the east is Toronto and Brooklyn. The Cavs and the Wizards are just too far apart in talent due to Lebron.

MonroeFAN
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
:laugh:

What is it that you're laughing at here?

Bob_at_york
07-14-2014, 11:30 AM
The only new rivalry I see next year in the east is Toronto and Brooklyn. The Cavs and the Wizards are just too far apart in talent due to Lebron.

at this moment they aren't that far apart but I think the Wiz would have been better off with Ariza than Pierce.