PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins- Future Superstar or Just Hype?

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Just wanted to ask the NBA forum, what do you guys think about Andrew Wiggins? Personally, I think he is going to be another Harrison Barnes. I don't see the hype. Remember when Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next big superstar in the NBA? There were high school videos of him touted as the next big thing? He translated into a solid college player, and decent NBA player, but not the next big thing he was touted to be.

Anyway, my reason for asking this question is that Cavs fans and I guess management, is so hesitant to trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love? If its me, I do the trade in a heart beat. Sure Andrew Wiggins may be great, but Kevin Love is already an NBA Superstar, and has some abilities that are unmatched by anyone in the league. Love is also only 25, and has many, many great years ahead of him. If I can get Kevin Love if I am Cleveland for Wiggins, if there is anyone I want to keep, it is Waitors. He has proven he can be a quality scorer in the NBA. Averaged 16 a game last season in just his second season.

Anyway, my question is am I missing something about Andrew Wiggins that everyone else sees? Sure he is super athletic, but athleticism doesn't make you a great basketball player. Andrew Wiggins was supposed to come in and completely dominate college ball but every Kansas game I watched, he wasn't even the best player on his team, Embiid was.

My bottom line is, can Andrew Wiggins come into the NBA and immediately become a quality player? I personally don't think he will ever reach superstar level, but if he does it would take 2-3 seasons, and with LeBron at 29 turning 30 next season, can the Cavs afford to wait that long for Wiggins to develop?

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Why not? James has a good 3 years of elite level of play and after that, still a top 10 player capable of putting up huge numbers. James athleticism might deter but high IQ is always a valuable trait. Wiggins can develop but for me, I think Cleveland needs to go for Love. No one knows how good he can be so let's just not make any assumptions. No one knew James was going to be this good. Certainly, MCW never had any hype either.

*Silver&Black*
07-13-2014, 02:11 AM
Depends on what team he is on.

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 02:12 AM
im pretty sure we should all know after 2 summer league games

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Why not? James has a good 3 years of elite level of play and after that, still a top 10 player capable of putting up huge numbers. James athleticism might deter but high IQ is always a valuable trait. Wiggins can develop but for me, I think Cleveland needs to go for Love. No one knows how good he can be so let's just not make any assumptions. No one knew James was going to be this good. Certainly, MCW never had any hype either.

So you think LeBron is an elite NBA player at 35-36 years old? I don't doubt it with his body and work ethic, but I would think he starts to decline a bit around 33-34. His next 3 years I still think he is the unquestioned best player in basketball, and can Cleveland afford to waste that with Andrew Wiggins developing?

bucketss
07-13-2014, 02:15 AM
i think he will be a star, but some people were saying the Canadian lebron james i definitely disagree with that. he will be better than barnes imo, i don't think barnes has wiggins athletic ability although like you said athleticism is not everything.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:16 AM
Also, he may be an elite defender in college, but when he has 220-230 pound SG's come at him, who are physically much stronger, it will be interesting to see how well he defends.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:18 AM
i think he will be a star, but some people were saying the Canadian lebron james i definitely disagree with that. he will be better than barnes imo, i don't think barnes has wiggins athletic ability although like you said athleticism is not everything.

Fair enough, as a Canadian and Raptors fan, I am sure you have followed Wiggins, how long till you think he becomes the NBA level player?

Right away or 2-3 seasons?

raiderposting
07-13-2014, 02:23 AM
He won't be Lebron but I can see him being a good slasher with great defense. Now if the cavs can get love without giving up wiggins I can see them being a dynasty. Wiggins won't be an all star year one, but I can see him being a good starter. Waiters is replaceable. His ceiling isn't high IMO.

49ersLALSFGiant
07-13-2014, 02:24 AM
I think he's a star. Cavs gotta keep him especially if they can get away with a waiters/Bennett package instead. You can't teach that type of athleticism, and he will put on size in the nba; he'll be a solid defender. His step back jumper is already looking good and it will only get better. If he's able to extend his range a lil more he'll be very difficult to defend.

abe_froman
07-13-2014, 02:25 AM
he wont live up to the lebron tag he got in high school ,but he will be a star.gotta remember how raw he is,but give him a few years

i dunno.i can see both sides of the cavs situation.one hand lebron's championship window is right now(and in turn,their window is)and getting love would rubber stamp them to efc champs every year for the foreseeable future...on the other hand,watching wiggins fulfill his potential will always make them wonder what if

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 02:28 AM

So you think LeBron is an elite NBA player at 35-36 years old? I don't doubt it with his body and work ethic, but I would think he starts to decline a bit around 33-34. His next 3 years I still think he is the unquestioned best player in basketball, and can Cleveland afford to waste that with Andrew Wiggins developing?

I did say James only has 3 years level of elite play. Not sure where you're coming from with this 35-36 thing. His athleticism may deter but if he was lightyears above everyone in terms of that, he'll just be a little better than the most athletic player. Imo, he'll be a top 5 player until 35. That's just a guess but he has too much talent, IQ, and he's always improving his game. As for Wiggins, anyone saying he's going to be a top 10 this or that is just pure pure pure speculation. I know this forums is about discussing the wildest of basketball fantasy what if's but if we could correctly assume his place in the future of NBA, we would have chosen KD over Oden, Jordan as 1st, and Kobe as 1st. There's just no way of knowing unless he plays an entire season and shows some consistency.

Joshtd1
07-13-2014, 02:28 AM
I actually don't see all the hype either...kid is crazy athletic, but athleticism doesn't always mean much. His offense really just isn't there. Outside of a step back jumper, I really don't see that much offensive skill. He will definitely need to improve his jumper as well, and get some moves.

I do think he has the potential to be an elite defender though, will need to just get a lil bit stronger though.

bucketss
07-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Fair enough, as a Canadian and Raptors fan, I am sure you have followed Wiggins, how long till you think he becomes the NBA level player?

Right away or 2-3 seasons?

2-3 yrs seems the most realistic, i wouldn't be surprised if he made a huge splash next year though.

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 02:42 AM
Just saying, James wasn't as good of a defender when he was that young. He was also a suspect shooter as well. Clearly developed those roles over his career. But, Wiggins will never be James. Not even close. James overpowered, was more skilled/talented than anyone, and he was far more athletic imo. Unless Wiggins grows 40-50 lbs of muscle (how much does he weigh), no way his athleticism benefits him as much as it helped James. Wiggins has to rely on shooting if he doesn't bulk up.

Kyben36
07-13-2014, 02:46 AM
I think that he will be good, but never a super star type player, good role player really good 3rd option type, like what bosh was on the Heat type role.

I think he lacks the killer instict to be a bona fied super star, will be a great defender, great wing, but never that guy.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:06 AM
With most here agreeing that Wiggins is an incredibly raw talent who needs time to develop, what's the debate in trading him for Kevin Love?

The Cavs cannot afford to waste LeBron's prime with Wiggins developing.

Plus honestly, like I said I think Waitors is a much better fit. What the Cavs need at the SG position is a 3 and D player. Nothing more than that. LeBron and Kyrie are going to dominate the ball all game for the Cavs. LeBron needs shooters, and Cleveland doesn't have them right now. While Waitors doesn't have good defense, I think it can only be improved, and his efficiency when LeBron comes on the team will go up significantly.

On the Cavs team with LeBron, Wiggins is a poor fit as a raw talent, I just see him as a terrible fit on this Cavs team right now.

Arch Stanton
07-13-2014, 03:45 AM
Just wanted to ask the NBA forum, what do you guys think about Andrew Wiggins? Personally, I think he is going to be another Harrison Barnes. I don't see the hype. Remember when Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next big superstar in the NBA? There were high school videos of him touted as the next big thing? He translated into a solid college player, and decent NBA player, but not the next big thing he was touted to be.

Anyway, my reason for asking this question is that Cavs fans and I guess management, is so hesitant to trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love? If its me, I do the trade in a heart beat. Sure Andrew Wiggins may be great, but Kevin Love is already an NBA Superstar, and has some abilities that are unmatched by anyone in the league. Love is also only 25, and has many, many great years ahead of him. If I can get Kevin Love if I am Cleveland for Wiggins, if there is anyone I want to keep, it is Waitors. He has proven he can be a quality scorer in the NBA. Averaged 16 a game last season in just his second season.

Anyway, my question is am I missing something about Andrew Wiggins that everyone else sees? Sure he is super athletic, but athleticism doesn't make you a great basketball player. Andrew Wiggins was supposed to come in and completely dominate college ball but every Kansas game I watched, he wasn't even the best player on his team, Embiid was.

My bottom line is, can Andrew Wiggins come into the NBA and immediately become a quality player? I personally don't think he will ever reach superstar level, but if he does it would take 2-3 seasons, and with LeBron at 29 turning 30 next season, can the Cavs afford to wait that long for Wiggins to develop?

I think most Cavs fans would agree to a trade of Wiggins for Love, we just would rather try and find a way to keep Wiggins and get Love if possible.
As much as I get sick about hearing that the Cavs whiffed by selecting Waiters over Barnes, seeing that Waiters has generally performed better, it's still unfair to judge a 2nd player in Barnes that was moved from starter to bench at GS.
Lastly I'm not sure how you can make any judgements about Wiggins when he hasn't played in the NBA outside of one summer league game when he out scored Parker.

WITZ
07-13-2014, 04:03 AM
With most here agreeing that Wiggins is an incredibly raw talent who needs time to develop, what's the debate in trading him for Kevin Love?

The Cavs cannot afford to waste LeBron's prime with Wiggins developing.

Plus honestly, like I said I think Waitors is a much better fit. What the Cavs need at the SG position is a 3 and D player. Nothing more than that. LeBron and Kyrie are going to dominate the ball all game for the Cavs. LeBron needs shooters, and Cleveland doesn't have them right now. While Waitors doesn't have good defense, I think it can only be improved, and his efficiency when LeBron comes on the team will go up significantly.

On the Cavs team with LeBron, Wiggins is a poor fit as a raw talent, I just see him as a terrible fit on this Cavs team right now.

Disagree with you here Waiters is definitely most effective with the ball in his hands & with Kyrie and Bron that might be kind of difficult for him to accomplish. The 2nd part makes for an even better case to keep Wiggins A) he has solid size to play the 2 guard as oppose to 6'4 Waiters B)he can bring defense which is something the team lacked horribly . He can be what Leonard was to the spurs his first few years super 3 and D player.

Clippersfan86
07-13-2014, 04:06 AM
Future all star, not superstar IMO. Definitely not somebody you hold out of a trade for a player the caliber of Kevin Love when your returning superstar is used to being in the finals and wants to win.

0nekhmer
07-13-2014, 04:12 AM
He doesn't seem like an alpha male to lead a team in scoring, nor is he a facilitator lebron was. I don't think he's as talented like everyone says, but i do hope he proves me wrong.

bucketss
07-13-2014, 04:14 AM
i think love is overrated.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 04:30 AM
Disagree with you here Waiters is definitely most effective with the ball in his hands & with Kyrie and Bron that might be kind of difficult for him to accomplish. The 2nd part makes for an even better case to keep Wiggins A) he has solid size to play the 2 guard as oppose to 6'4 Waiters B)he can bring defense which is something the team lacked horribly . He can be what Leonard was to the spurs his first few years super 3 and D player.

Gotcha, thanks for the input

PurpleLynch
07-13-2014, 06:27 AM
We have to see,right now I'm not sure if he'll become a superstar. His characteristics reminds me of Iguodala:very good defender,with an elite potential on defense;crazy athleticism;raw offensive skills(even if Iggy improved his shot in these last years+Iggy is one of the best passer at sf,while Wiggins has yet to show that). We'll see if he'll reach Iggy's level or surpass him to become a superstar.

JWO35
07-13-2014, 07:27 AM
IMO If Wiggins stays in Cleveland his potential will be hindered due to being overshadowed by LeBron. The pressure on him to do well will grow to unrealistic expectations just because James is his mentor. I'm fully expecting a few Anthony Bennett comparisons to Wiggins this season.

torocan
07-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Given the "microwave" mentality of sports fans nowadays, I think a better question would be...

What's the over/under on games before people start calling the Wiggins pick a bust?

:)

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Wiggin's has already showed he can be a solid nba defender. He just has to bulk up

His leaping ability is crazy good. People say athleticism isn't all that important but to defend at the nba level it helps a lot

He can definitely be a allstar. I'll wait another year or two to determine if he can get to superstar status

Also to those who think he won't flourish with lebron(barring trade) i think he would actually do better. Remember Kobe came same year Shaq sign. Sometimes having that superstar talent can help accelerate your game faster

waveycrockett
07-13-2014, 08:13 AM
He certainly didn't live up to the hype in college. I think best case he is Paul George and worst case he is Harrison Barnes/Marvin Williams 2.0

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 09:29 AM
He certainly didn't live up to the hype in college. I think best case he is Paul George and worst case he is Harrison Barnes/Marvin Williams 2.0

He had Perry Ellis and Joel Embiid on that squad who's coach Bill self has never been great on running good offensive sets for his team and it showed even with that talent he had last year

He still put up 17 and 6 though

slashsnake
07-13-2014, 09:38 AM

I'd agree, keep Wiggins if at all possible, even if that means offering Bennett and Waiters. But I do wonder what Lebron being there would do for waiters. Does less ball handling offensively mean more energy to use on defense? Do more open looks lend to him being a better player off the ball. More doubles and rotations lending to him improving as a passer? With him, it is one I really would need to see to say he'd be better or worse off.

cmellofan15
07-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Gary Harris will be better :)

...kidding, but I do think Wiggins needs quite a bit of work offensively. can't imagine him becoming a good off ball player (so he can help out Bron and Kyrie) but ya never know.

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 11:42 AM
He won't be better than Parker, But he'll be good.

ink
07-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Given the "microwave" mentality of sports fans nowadays, I think a better question would be...

What's the over/under on games before people start calling the Wiggins pick a bust?

:)

This.

IMO Wiggins was not draft ready.

2-ONE-5
07-13-2014, 01:16 PM
hhes probably somewhere in between but if he is going to reach his ceiling, whatever it may be, he needs to get out of Cleveland. he is on a win now team with 2 maybe even 3 stars on the court and coach who isnt going to worry about player development

Corey
07-13-2014, 01:25 PM
All star, could be a superstar. Paul George type player most likely.

Elite defender, great slasher, great finisher in transition, very good mid range game, unsure of the 3 ball yet. He has good form, it should develop.

Corey
07-13-2014, 01:25 PM
i think love is overrated.

Same.

Corey
12-30-2015, 02:46 AM
Bumping this.

Anyone have any different opinions on Wiggy?

numba1CHANGsta
12-30-2015, 03:47 AM
Bumping this.

Anyone have any different opinions on Wiggy?

He's improving little by little. He's only 20, prob won't know his peak until 3 more years from now. But him and Towns would be a pretty damn good duo for years to come.

G_S_W
12-30-2015, 06:02 AM
I've seen him play a few times and I'm pleased to see that he attacks the basket without hesitation. He has no problem looking for his shot, and is playing with a lot of confidence.

His assist and rebounding numbers aren't where I thought they might be, but with Rubio being so ball dominant, and with KAT in the middle, perhaps it's understandable. I still think he'll be posting better numbers overall. He's just a third of the way through his 2nd season.

Tg11
12-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Wiggins so far has not lived up to his hype at all and he was touted to be the next big thing but yet hasn't played like it at all

Yanks All Day
12-30-2015, 10:08 AM
He's right where you'd expect a 20 year old who was seen as "raw talent with an immense ceiling" to be. Slightly improved over his rookie year, but a lot of work to do.

I'll chalk the assists and rebounds up to having Rubio at point guard and Towns at center for now. But if he's going to be a super star, he just can't average 3.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game. He's going to draw way too much attention when he develops further to not get those numbers up. Defensively, he's been pretty darn good. He came into the NBA ready to defend at a high professional level, and he's pretty much lived up to it.

Here's where his problem lies, and here's where he really needs to work:

0-3 feet - .589 fg%
3-10 feet - .462 fg%
10-16 feet - .395 fg%
16 ft - 3 point line - .351 fg%
3 point range - .243 3pt%

Naturally, the further away most players get from the rim, the lower percentage they shoot. But there's a lot of room for improvement there. So I'd say Wiggins is still exactly where I thought he would be: a potential future star if his shooting improves, but likely an All-Star with an inconsistent jump shot.

losgotdaprops
12-30-2015, 10:32 AM
The next tmac once his shot improves.

Tg11
12-30-2015, 10:38 AM
A future All-Star that will be the day cue my sarcasm but Wiggins hasn't done much to inspire my confidence

BKLYNpigeon
12-30-2015, 10:41 AM
you guys expect these guys to come out and be flat out dominate their first year.

All players have their own timetable when they develop into an Elite Player.

We didn't think Kawai Leonard or Steph Curry were going be MVP Candidates 5 years ago.

Tg11
12-30-2015, 10:52 AM
you guys expect these guys to come out and be flat out dominate their first year.

All players have their own timetable when they develop into an Elite Player.

We didn't think Kawai Leonard or Steph Curry were going be MVP Candidates 5 years ago.

Yes you have a point but everyone was touting him more or less to be the next LeBron and so far he hasn't lived up to the hype whereas LeBron when he was drafted in 2003 he was more or less dominant right out from the jump

But then again Wiggins isn't LeBron is he?

xbrackattackx
12-30-2015, 02:01 PM
I think I'm in the Minority here. But I think the Cavs would have done better with Wiggins last year. And I think Wiggins would benefit from playing with Lebron. A future All-Star rookie playing with Lebron. He would get so many open looks. Plus in the finals how helpful would Wiggins D have been. Being able to throw Delly,Lebron,Shumpert and Wiggins at Steph would have helped.What did Love give them? They already had TT who was a good rebounder. With Irving,Lebron,Wiggins and the role players how much more scoring would they need. They would need more D.

Corey
12-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Yes you have a point but everyone was touting him more or less to be the next LeBron and so far he hasn't lived up to the hype whereas LeBron when he was drafted in 2003 he was more or less dominant right out from the jump

But then again Wiggins isn't LeBron is he?

No one really said that after his freshman year at KU. It was quite the opposite actually. He was questioned for his assertiveness and shooting, and many believed he'd be a lockdown defender and inconsistent offensive threat his first couple years in the league based on what he did at KU.

I dont know if you're just basing your opinion off of his high school hype, but you're making generalizations in terms of what people expected out of him years 1 through 3.

Also, you're pretty much flat out wrong. You just said that Lebron was more or less dominant right out from the jump.

http://i.imgur.com/qmNpzkh.png

Those area both their rookie years.

Wiggins was better from the field overall, better from 2pt range, better from 3pt range, had similar rebounding percentage, was more efficient on offense, turned the ball over less.

Lebron was better as a playmaker with the ball in his hands, but other than that I cant see how you're going to try to claim he was considerably better than Wiggins his rookie year. Especially when Wiggins was on a terrible team, having to guard the best offensive player on the other team all game every game.

mrblisterdundee
12-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Once Andrew Wiggins learns to shoot well and contribute significantly in other areas, we can talk about him being a superstar. He currently shoots 43 percent from the field, and 24 percent from three. That won't cut it.
He has the size and athleticism to be a Paul George-type player, but he needs to get better at shooting, rebounding, assisting just about everything other than getting to the rim.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I think he has the potential to become a Kawahi/PG player.

Redrum187
12-30-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm not really wow'd by him so far. Can he improve? I'm almost certain of it. How much? My best guess is he'd be DeMar Derozan but with better defense. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2015, 10:17 PM
I think he has the potential to become a Kawahi/PG player.

The fun part is that's gonna be his floor.

mrblisterdundee
12-30-2015, 10:42 PM

Wiggins has to prove it. So far, he hasn't proven himself better than DeMar DeRozan.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Wiggins has to prove it. So far, he hasn't proven himself better than DeMar DeRozan.

You must be misinformed then.

mrblisterdundee
12-30-2015, 11:15 PM
You must be misinformed then.

Wiggins has the potential to be better than DeRozan, who I think has peaked. But the young Wiggins has yet to even equal DeRozan's performance.
The two have an equal usage rate and average around 35 to 36 minutes per game. But on a per-minute basis, Wiggins scores, gets to the line, rebounds, assists and steals less than DeRozan. One of the biggest knocks against DeRozan is his shooting, but he shoots better than Wiggins from the field and the foul line. DeRozan shoots slightly better (24.5 percent) from three. Both suck from distance. DeRozan is also ahead in most advanced metrics.
Sorry, but scoring a lot in the first couple years with a high usage rate isn't a guarantee you're a superstar. If Wiggins is going to be known as a superstar, he'll have to play a lot better than DeRozan.

jerellh528
12-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Wiggins has the potential to be better than DeRozan, who I think has peaked. But the young Wiggins has yet to even equal DeRozan's performance.
The two have an equal usage rate and average around 35 to 36 minutes per game. But on a per-minute basis, Wiggins scores, gets to the line, rebounds, assists and steals less than DeRozan. One of the biggest knocks against DeRozan is his shooting, but he shoots better than Wiggins from the field and the foul line. DeRozan shoots slightly better (24.5 percent) from three. Both suck from distance. DeRozan is also ahead in most advanced metrics.
Sorry, but scoring a lot in the first couple years with a high usage rate isn't a guarantee you're a superstar. If Wiggins is going to be known as a superstar, he'll have to play a lot better than DeRozan.

You do realize you're comparing a 20 year of kid who has barely scraped the tip of the iceberg of his potential and a 26 year old NBA vet in his prime right? Lol look at derozan's production at 20 vs Wiggins now and then see what you think. Not everyone comes in like Lebron who is really from the Dominican Republic , most players need to develop a bit, look at Kobe, Paul George,or tmac for example, Wiggins is outpacing those guys already. Not saying he will be better than them, but he's got all the potential in the world

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2015, 12:24 AM

Yes, but if you watched both of them play (which I have), Wiggins provides as much (maybe slightly lower or higher) than Demar does. Just because Wiggins isn't putting up 4 RPG and 4 APG doesn't mean he isn't providing strong value.

Not to mention you'd have to make the adjustment for the fact that Demar has been in the league for 6 years and that this is possibly a contract year for him. Or not nothing the fact that Demar has been playing extremely well and is deserving of a starting spot in the ASG (and most likely the December player of the month in the East).

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2015, 12:34 AM
You do realize you're comparing a 20 year of kid who has barely scraped the tip of the iceberg of his potential and a 26 year old NBA vet in his prime right? Lol look at derozan's production at 20 vs Wiggins now and then see what you think. Not everyone comes in like Lebron who is really from the Dominican Republic , most players need to develop a bit, look at Kobe, Paul George,or tmac for example, Wiggins is outpacing those guys already. Not saying he will be better than them, but he's got all the potential in the world

I don't really understand the point he was making. Demar is an all star this year (was 2 years ago and should have been last year but got injured) who is playing/producing like a top 7-10 player in the East. Wiggins has provided strong value (similar to Demar's IMO) but even if you argue that he hasn't, it's not exactly a bad thing if a 20 year old just falls short of matching the production of the best player on a team (who happens to be playing like a top 10 player in the East) that has the 6th highest record right now.

blahblahyoutoo
12-31-2015, 01:08 AM

c'mon now son. we all know you homering cuz you is canadian but fo realz dawg?

mrblisterdundee
12-31-2015, 01:46 AM
I don't really understand the point he was making. Demar is an all star this year (was 2 years ago and should have been last year but got injured) who is playing/producing like a top 7-10 player in the East. Wiggins has provided strong value (similar to Demar's IMO) but even if you argue that he hasn't, it's not exactly a bad thing if a 20 year old just falls short of matching the production of the best player on a team (who happens to be playing like a top 10 player in the East) that has the 6th highest record right now.

I'm not saying Wiggins doesn't have tons of potential or that he can't be a superstar. But pump the breaks on comparing him to superstars like Kawhi Leonard and Paul George until Wiggins learns to shoot from the outside and starts contributing more in other areas. At this point, I give Karl Anthony Towns a more certain chance of being a superstar than Wiggins.
And DeMar DeRozan is not the best player on the Raptors. Kyle Lowry is the best player on that team. He and Jimmy Butler should start in the all-star game, along with George at small forward.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2015, 02:28 AM

no way. He still has so much to work on.

Tg11
12-31-2015, 03:18 PM
Hell I even think LaVine or even Towns have more potential than Wiggins

Gander13SM
12-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Lol. I am amazed by some of the responses on here.

Yes. He will be an all star caliber player.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm not saying Wiggins doesn't have tons of potential or that he can't be a superstar. But pump the breaks on comparing him to superstars like Kawhi Leonard and Paul George until Wiggins learns to shoot from the outside and starts contributing more in other areas. At this point, I give Karl Anthony Towns a more certain chance of being a superstar than Wiggins.
And DeMar DeRozan is not the best player on the Raptors. Kyle Lowry is the best player on that team. He and Jimmy Butler should start in the all-star game, along with George at small forward.

He's still an all star playing at/near a top 10 East player this year. And Wiggins has matched (or close to it) his production.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2015, 09:33 PM
c'mon now son. we all know you homering cuz you is canadian but fo realz dawg?

I'm wrong to think he has a good chance of surpassing that level?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-31-2015, 09:34 PM
no way. He still has so much to work on.

He does, and while he's obviously not there now, I'd give him a good chance of getting to that point for sure at the very least and surpassing it.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2016, 12:26 AM

Towns will be a superstar.

I think Wiggins will be one of those 7-8 all star year players.

Towns will be a HOF'er barring injury

Bostonjorge
01-01-2016, 12:46 AM

Nah Levine needs lots of improvement. I really think he's over rated(way over rated)-. Towns is a sure thing but he won't be Wiggins level good. Wiggins gets to the rim and can finsh over anyone. His jumper will come and then we have the next top 5 talent. Wiggins has had some big time games this year. Some where he forces his way to the basket at will.

I'm not a minny fan but a big time college basketball fan. Other than going to my team of course I want Simmons in minny. Then we will have one of the coolest teams in basketball. And that team will be led by Wiggins.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Nah Levine needs lots of improvement. I really think he's over rated(way over rated)-. Towns is a sure thing but he won't be Wiggins level good. Wiggins gets to the rim and can finsh over anyone. His jumper will come and then we have the next top 5 talent. Wiggins has had some big time games this year. Some where he forces his way to the basket at will.

I'm not a minny fan but a big time college basketball fan. Other than going to my team of course I want Simmons in minny. Then we will have one of the coolest teams in basketball. And that team will be led by Wiggins.

If Simmons lands in Minnesota, it's over. We win multiple chips haha

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Until half of them ask for trades.

Chronz
01-02-2016, 02:36 PM

I think thats his point, hes not at that level yet. Also, plz substantiate the bold. By outpacing you mean being drastically inferior on both ends?

Corey
01-04-2016, 12:40 AM
I think Towns and Wiggins both have the same high end potential. I'd be more willing to bet Towns on being a top 15 player league wide than Wiggins, but they both have the potential.

HouRealCoach
01-04-2016, 02:04 AM
He won't become a superstar unless Minny FO gives him and Towns something to work with. They usually have one good player and struggle to give him a good supporting cast but this time around they have two and I really don't have much faith in them to do any better than they've done in the past

IKnowHoops
01-04-2016, 02:12 AM

What's the chance of that?

IKnowHoops
01-04-2016, 02:39 AM
He won't become a superstar unless Minny FO gives him and Towns something to work with. They usually have one good player and struggle to give him a good supporting cast but this time around they have two and I really don't have much faith in them to do any better than they've done in the past

I think they just need to trade Kmart and Ricky Rubio and start Tyas, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns and let those guys start evolving. Let them get there lumps in now. There talent is evident. Now they just need a lot of reps and faith from there coaches that they will eventually all get it. And once they do, with there skill and athletic ability, this team could be OKC 2.0 but better...lmbo

Gander13SM
01-04-2016, 03:45 AM
Rubio > every other point guard on Minnys roster.

Why the hell would they trade him?

I don't get why people are so down on Rubio. It's as if scoring is the only thing that matters. I can count on one hand the amount of players in this league that can create opportunities for others as well as Rubio does. Few have his passing ability, even less have his court vision and creativity.

Gander13SM
01-04-2016, 03:46 AM
Rubio - Wiggins - Towns is the future for Minny. And it's a VERY bright one.

PurpleLynch
01-04-2016, 09:34 AM

Lol,actually it would be superfun watching a super talented Wolves team like that

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
Simmons
Towns

Bench:
Dieng
Shabbaz
Bjelica
Martin

My goodness.

Corey
01-04-2016, 11:53 AM

They just need experience. They have a bright future.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2016, 01:19 PM

Like back in the day of Garnett. All they had was Marbury and Dean Garrett. Also Joe Smith after a while. But still wasn't enough and still losing.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2016, 02:01 PM
What's the chance of that?

less than 10%

Tg11
01-04-2016, 02:56 PM
But will Wiggins go to NBA All-Star Weekend in Toronto though? I mean Wiggins he is from Toronto but yet he plays for Minnesota so

dnl123
01-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Until half of them ask for trades.

Yeah I'm sure they'll all want to leave for Toronto. Oh wait every star player that has ever played in Toronto has left happily.