PDA

View Full Version : Wizards interested in Durant in 2016

j-bay
07-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah I know what you guys are saying. EVERY team is interested in Durant in 2016. But I got a source right here.

According to persons with knowledge of the situation to CSNWashington.com, he wanted $10 million and the Wizards wouldn't budge because they have an eye toward 2016 free agency and wanted to keep flexibility with the salary cap. In other words, Kevin Durant.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/wizards-say-goodbye-trevor-ariza-position-kevin-durant

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 09:08 PM
As they should be. As should everyone else in the league.

j-bay
07-12-2014, 09:37 PM
As they should be. As should everyone else in the league.

This is pretty much the response I expected. However I expect the Wizards should at least be a top 5 choice. With his family and many of his friends being there plus with the Wizards having cap space. Plus John Wall has started advertising, and if he and Beal improve, and if the Wizards make and look good in the playoffs, I expect they could be a destination. Also in the the top 5 will be the Thunder and Raps.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:49 PM
They should be.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Thunder, Raps, Wizards, Celtics, Mavs is what I'm guessing will be the Durant sweepstakes

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Magic son.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Yeah I was literally coming back into the thread and going to add them to my post. lol

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Yeah I was literally coming back into the thread and going to add them to my post. lol

Lol. I just hope Payton and Gordon will be somewhat attractive players by then that could help sway him to consider playing for us, added with Oladipo, Vucevic, Harris/Harkless and Fournier. We need a go to scorer bad. Plus him and Rob have a relationship.

Sixers also with MCW, Noel, Embiid.

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 10:14 PM
is ther really nothing else to talk about except where kd will sign in two years:clap:

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Another going home story??

5ass
07-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Lol. I just hope Payton and Gordon will be somewhat attractive players by then that could help sway him to consider playing for us, added with Oladipo, Vucevic, Harris/Harkless and Fournier. We need a go to scorer bad. Plus him and Rob have a relationship.

A bunch of team first players that share the ball, hustle and play defense? I really think by 2016 we're great FA destination. We can slide a SG/SF/PF in that line up and it would work because our players are so versatile.
Durant 2016!
I sound like a lakers fan lol

Vinny642
07-12-2014, 10:34 PM
He will stick with the Thunder

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Brooklyn ..Knicks....raptors but idk how realistic that would be....thunder

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Either here or Toronto man that would be dope.

SMH!
07-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Philly :p

j-bay
07-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Brooklyn ..Knicks....raptors but idk how realistic that would be....thunder

Brooklyn and NY I can't see. Toronto I can depending on how they do this season. My opinion is top 3 choices are OKC, Washington, and Toronto. Toronto gets crossed off if they don't do well. If they do its a strong possibility The ? for the Wizards is they have a future with Wall and Beal, but would KD see that as a better situation as OKC. It's going to come down to 2 things in my opinion. 1. How well Wall and Beal play. 2. How does OKC do this season, and how does Durant feel after.

FYL_McVeezy
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM
If he leaves OKC I think he goes to a larger market (LA, BK, NY, CHI, etc....)

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 12:50 AM

Toronto is going to have the money for him and will be able to keep their core. I think they will be a realistic shot provided they're winning, they're a large market in terms of size.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2014, 12:52 AM

Sixers are another good one.

Danny Ainge actually got fined for talking to Durant's mom while he was in college so I'm hoping he brought his A game. I want us to tank this year. Trade Rondo for whatever you can get. Get another top 7 pick next year and draft one of the Centers (supposedly a strong class). We need a 10/10 guy with strong defense in the front court. I think Kelly Olynyk by 2016 can be a 17/7/3 player. Jared Sullinger should be able to be a 13/7 guy coming off the bench playing like 27 minutes per game. I think Marcus Smart can be a 17/5/3 PG in the NBA with phenomenal defense. Avery Bradley just needs to stay healthy and he's already a 15 PPG scorer that can shoot and play great D. I'm hoping James Young who we took at #17 can be a good bench scorer. Then in 2016 we have all those guys signed up, plus our 2016 pick, CLE's and BRK's. We'll be able to offer Durant a max and also sign another mid-tier FA.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 12:56 AM
Yeah, the Wizards and 29 other teams.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 12:57 AM
*Inset team name here*

Everyone will want this guy, just that simple.

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Spurs? Lol KD + Coach Pop.

Sounds like a plan even though I hated what he said about my boy Kawhi.

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 01:05 AM
*Inset team name here*

Everyone will want this guy, just that simple.

But who will actually have the money and roster to do it?

j-bay
07-13-2014, 01:15 AM
For those of you saying "yeah them and other 29 teams" BS, I'm giving you guys a ****ING reason of why he could go there. Hello?! Family and ton of friends in DC with a good team and cap room. Not saying we will get him, but we will be high in the chase

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 01:17 AM
For those of you saying "yeah them and other 29 teams" BS, I'm giving you guys a ****ING reason of why he could go there. Hello?! Family and ton of friends in DC with a good team and cap room. Not saying we will get him, but we will be high in the chase

This, I won't be shocked if he goes to DC because he gets so much love over there.

sens#11fan
07-13-2014, 01:21 AM
I still believe there is a 95% chance he stays in OKC, considering he loves the city, he has Westy and Ibaka, he doesnt have a big ego and hes humble. Unless, he burns his bridge with Westy then I dont see him leaving and he has already expressed his love for Westy.

shep33
07-13-2014, 02:06 AM
I think he's bound for a big market... if he doesn't win any titles.

The reason I say that is that the Harden trade doesn't happen in NY, Brooklyn, or LA. They would've went in the luxury tax to build the next dynasty.

Again, that's if they don't win from now until then. Another issue could be Westy's health if he continues to have knee issues (although I don't think that will happen... see last year's playoffs)

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:26 AM
I see durant leaving to an eastern conference team if he doesnt stay with the thunder.
If he does leave, he will leave to a team with established all-stars and upcoming teams.

I personally dont think the sixer or magic will be ready by then, they will have nice developing guys but there are teams that have better.

Chicago, Washington and Toronto are probably his choices cus that would put each team over the top.
Washington has the best chance considering it's his hometown, but dont sleep on toronto, It was Kevin Durant's dream to play for the raptors and VC was his favourite player. But at the same time, Durant will mature and realize what might be more important than a dream, his family, so washington might be the ideal choice.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:30 AM
Sixers are not a good choice, they have no proven players and Embiid will have 1 year of NBA experience before KD is a free agent. You have to stop being biased and consider that other teams just have a lot more to offer.

I dont see why he'd go to Dallas or even the lakers. For what? Yes winning organizations, but with an aging Dirk or Kobe? WHen those players retire, who will be the supporting cast for Durant? You can Cross off Houston as well. and pretty much every other ECF team.

He's going to Washington, staying in OKC, and I'll put in Toronto and Chicago was potential opportunities.
Both teams will have a lot of cap space, and by then, both Toronto and Washington will have two all stars( Beal + Wall) and (Lowry + Derozan).

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:36 AM

BK? TO build around what? Lopez and no draft picks?
NY? TO join Melo and a bunch of other players who take a paycut to fill out roaster spots?
CHI? this one is possible, they will the cap space in 2016 and a hole to fill at the SF spot. I dont know if it is too possible depending on how Rose is. We'll see this upcoming season.
LA? Possible, but unlikely, Why? To join Kobe after he's aged this long and then have the lakers build around him? Kevin durant will be 27, perhaps it's time to join a team that's established and a big market instead of hoping that they build around him. I think the lakers dont havem uch of a shot.

Dallas, Houston are off the list.

Realistically, the team that combines Top market + upcoming with young talent would be the raptors.
They have 2 all star players (derozan + lowry) and their bigman Jonas Valancuinas is coming along.

However, so does Washington, and infact, they have greater potential than toronto with both Beal and Wall being younger than derozan and lowry and who have more potential to be even better players. They're also Durant's hometown.

As much as I'd like KD to join the raptors, Washington is probably the ideal choice.

All other East teams (Orlando, sixers) you have young talent, but they've not proven anything and are not established and there are just better scenarios for Durant.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:37 AM
I still believe there is a 95% chance he stays in OKC, considering he loves the city, he has Westy and Ibaka, he doesnt have a big ego and hes humble. Unless, he burns his bridge with Westy then I dont see him leaving and he has already expressed his love for Westy.

I really hate when people say statistics when you clearly cannot have calculated something like this just because it seems favourable.

BALLER R
07-13-2014, 03:38 AM
What are the chances Durant leaves OKC. I can see him leaving if they fail to make finals this year or next year

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:46 AM
they are not making the finals, what piece would they have to push them above SA?

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 06:54 AM
good luck with that wiz :speechless: