PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cavs/Warriors/Wolves Working on 3 Team Trade: Includes Kevin Love and Klay

Pages : [1] 2

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Mike Cairns @MikeCairns5 · 1h
Tracking Story now on Cavs working on a three team trade that would bring Kevin Love to Cleveland . More as I make phone calls.

Mike Cairns @MikeCairns5 · 21m
Cavs working three team deal w/ Warriors/TWolves. Warriors get multiple 1st rnd picks. Wolves get Klay and Tristan Thompson. Love to Cavs

Mike Cairns @MikeCairns5 · 20m
I am told Flip Saunders Holding it up

Mike Cairns @MikeCairns5 · 4m
More on Cavs/Wolves/Warriors possible trade. Told ALOT of moving Parts still in play.

Giving up Klay Thompson for 1st round Picks??

Makes NO SENSE for Warriors?

If the Cavs get Kevin Love by just giving up Tristan Thompson and Picks... and they keep Waitors and Wiggins, they will be loaded...

If I am Flip Saunders, I take that trade and run with it... the hell is he doing holding it up..

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Wow. Fun stuff

DR_1
07-12-2014, 08:03 PM
I call bull

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 17 minutes ago
Cavs reported 3-team proposal would be a coup. Get Love and keep Wiggins and Waiters. #wow

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 08:05 PM
I call bull
Pun intended?

DR_1
Pun intended?

:laugh:

Nikeman
I call bull

Agreed, I think Wolves may want Klay over Wiggins/Dion or something.

I could see something like Dion and multiple Picks going the Warriors way, and Klay to Minny along with Tristan.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
PG: Irving
SG: Wiggins
SF: James
PF: Love
C : Varejao

Would need some bench pieces, but good lord...

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Love + lebron isn't fair imo

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:07 PM
PG: Irving
SG: Wiggins
SF: James
PF: Love
C : Varejao

Would need some bench pieces, but good lord...

Start the bench off with Wiggins, a proven15 ppg scorer in this league..

according to this report at least.

JEDean89
07-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Keep Bennet, Wiggins, Waiters and Irving and you just got Lebron and you are getting Love? that is crazy. Why are the Warriors giving up Klay for 1st round picks? that would never happen. They would have to get back Waiters and Bennet to give up Klay. Not 1st rounders from a team that will be really good.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2014, 08:08 PM
GS didn't want to give up Klay for Kevin Love but they will for picks?

Rivera
07-12-2014, 08:10 PM
There's deff more parts involved than what's being reported

Hulk6
07-12-2014, 08:11 PM
warriors wouldve got love for klay, no need to include cavs in the deal.. No chance

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:12 PM
There's deff more parts involved than what's being reported

Probably.

Maybe Wiggins to Warriors, Klay/TT to Wolves and Love to Cavs?

OR

Dion/Bennett+Picks to Warriors/Klay to Wolves/Love to Cavs?

Will be an interesting dynamic.

KINGOFSPORTS
07-12-2014, 08:12 PM
This isnt happening

Bostonjorge
07-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Fake. Klay not even available so trade is fake.

beasted86
07-12-2014, 08:15 PM

Obviously! Duh!

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2014, 08:16 PM
I dont think is real tbh. Warriors were hesitant giving up Klay when they were in talks for K Love. No way there involved in a 3-way trade involving Love and they give up Klay without getting Love lol. No way.

bucketss
07-12-2014, 08:17 PM
yeah probably fake.

CubsRule08
07-12-2014, 08:17 PM
I dont think is real tbh. Warriors were hesitant giving up Klay when they were in talks for K Love. No way there involved in a 3-way trade involving Love and they give up Klay without getting Love lol. No way.

Exactly. Why would they even entertain an idea like this?

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft
Cavs have been reaching out to 3rd teams about helping facilitate a deal for Love by including more prospects.

Cavs definitely working on a deal, although I agree 100% with everyone here that this reported deal is BS

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:20 PM
NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · 1m
Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Klay Thompson would all be involved in the trade according to @MikeCairns5.

NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · 28m
Warriors, Cavs and T-Wolves are discussing a three team trade....a blockbuster one....

kgformvp21
07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
One of the reasons the wolves got away from the warriors trade is that klay said he would never resign here..why would we do this?..I think its fake..but who knows

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Multiple outlets reporting it, but yeah I think more pieces involved.

Doesn't make sense why when the Warriors want Love for themselves would help another team land him. Pretty sure they will get some of Cleveland's young assets if thats the case.

PurpleJesus
07-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Nothing about this makes sense. The guy who is tweeting this is saying all this as flip is sitting courtside for a summer league game...also, warriors wouldn't give up klay for Love, but will for picks? No sense made.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft about 5 minutes ago
Unlikely the Warriors and Celtics would be willing to help the Cavs as they are in the Love sweepstakes too.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz37IsRweGb

jmartin80
07-12-2014, 08:24 PM
If this is true at all, it needs to be vetoed like the Chris Paul one.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft 2 minutes ago
Timberwolves officials I've spoken w/ previously said they want players who are ready to win now or Wiggins. Unlikely to do a deal now yet.

TrueFan420
07-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I call BS. Warriors don't want to include Klay for Love cause they want to keep him but they'll give him up for picks... Hahahahahaha yea right.

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 08:26 PM
lmao that's not true if gsw gives up klay they are getting wiggins back

Dade County
07-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeah, lol to this. Lets wait until the real reports come out.

The Cav's keeping wiggins in this trade is in possible, unless the league is behind this.

FriedTofuz
07-12-2014, 08:31 PM
This is so fake, who are these sources? come on.
Anyone who believes this, try to reconsider why it makes no sense.

Cracka2HI!
07-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Doubt Cleveland can get Love without giving up Wiggins. Would be pretty cool if they could.

mavwar53
07-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Hilarious

PurpleJesus
07-12-2014, 08:38 PM
lmao that's not true if gsw gives up klay they are getting wiggins back
I think you meant to say the Wolves won't give up Love without getting Wiggins back.

IndyRealist
07-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Start the bench off with Wiggins, a proven15 ppg scorer in this league..

according to this report at least.

I'm confused how he's a proven 15ppg scorer in the NBA when he hasn't played a real game yet?

Dr Positivity
07-12-2014, 08:42 PM
The rumor is pure BS UNLESS it's secretly a deal involving Wiggins and they don't want to tell the public

So GSW trades Klay for Wiggins, MIN trades Love for Klay/Thompson/Bennett or w/e and CLE gets Love.

MIN preferring Klay to Wiggins wouldn't surprise me if Flip is all "immediate productionz"

kylem4711
07-12-2014, 08:42 PM
would be awesome for the cavs

InRoseWeTrust
07-12-2014, 08:44 PM
So GSW went from not wanting to send Klay out for Love to wanting to send Klay out for 1st round picks? Yeah......no.

jerellh528
07-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Good for wolves

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 44m
"No FRICKIN' way" is what a text reads when I ran the @MikeCairns5 Love to Cavs trade progress report by someone w/ #Twolves.

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 43m
(con.) Probably wasted time chasing this one. GSW won't trade Klay for Love at the moment. Why would they do that rumored trade? Jeebus.

Basically what everyone said in this thread. More parts involved for sure. Wiggins to GSW?

My bottom line thinking is, the Cavs management in their meetings with LeBron used in bringing Kevin Love to attract him.

In LeBron's letter, he mentions looking forward to mentoring, Kyrie, Waitors, and Tristan.

He did not mention Wiggins and Bennett. I think they are gone.

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 08:53 PM
So Warriors trade Klay for picks? Yeah, this is made up.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Get it done Cavs!

Dr Positivity
07-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 44m
"No FRICKIN' way" is what a text reads when I ran the @MikeCairns5 Love to Cavs trade progress report by someone w/ #Twolves.

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · 43m
(con.) Probably wasted time chasing this one. GSW won't trade Klay for Love at the moment. Why would they do that rumored trade? Jeebus.

Basically what everyone said in this thread. More parts involved for sure. Wiggins to GSW?

My bottom line thinking is, the Cavs management in their meetings with LeBron used in bringing Kevin Love to attract him.

In LeBron's letter, he mentions looking forward to mentoring, Kyrie, Waitors, and Tristan.

He did not mention Wiggins and Bennett. I think they are gone.

I would agree except for they keep telling everyone they're not trading Wiggins

After seeing a team turn down Klay for Love, a team turning down Wiggins for Love is believable, I guess. This is the Cavs we're talking about.

mike_noodles
07-12-2014, 09:03 PM
So GSW went from not wanting to send Klay out for Love to wanting to send Klay out for 1st round picks? Yeah......no.

This.

And I can see the Cavs getting Love without giving up Wiggins, but this is ridiculous from GSW perspective.

BobbyHillSwag
07-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Golden state is stupid as ******* if they do that

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Yep >>> RT @ESPNSteinLine Sources say Love remains "intrigued" by chance to join Bron. I'm told MN, though, still asking for off-limits AW.
7:53pm - 12 Jul 14

shep33
07-12-2014, 09:16 PM

Haha this.

Ty Fast
07-12-2014, 09:17 PM
GS wouldnt trade klay for love so why would they trade him for picks.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:47 PM
What is wrong with the Dubs?

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Dosnt sound true ...no way they give up klay for picks that I'm guessing are the cavs

raiderfaninTX
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Mods should shut this **** down and make a rule on authorized sources when discussing blockbuster trades

Give a list of sources we can quote or it's considered false when it comes to deals like this.

mavwar53
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
What is wrong with the Dubs?

What does this mean

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:15 PM
^It means I hope this is just the Cavs wishful thinking.

Chucky Woods
07-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Minnesota holds all the leverage in the deal and why should they just help the Cavs get better. If I'm Minnesota it's Wiggins or no dice... If I'm Cleveland I make that deal contingent on a Love extension.

raiderfaninTX
07-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Minnesota holds all the leverage in the deal and why should they just help the Cavs get better. If I'm Minnesota it's Wiggins or no dice... If I'm Cleveland I make that deal contingent on a Love extension.

Minnesota holds 0 leverage

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:25 PM
^Wiggins or no Love, it is pretty simple.

joeyc77
07-12-2014, 10:29 PM
^Wiggins or no Love, it is pretty simple.

Cavs can play the same game though.

Take this deal or get nothing for Love.

ironkobe
07-12-2014, 10:29 PM
am im the only one in here that think love is not that good

raiderfaninTX
07-12-2014, 10:30 PM
am im the only one in here that think love is not that good

Your crazy, but there are others

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Cavs can play the same game though.

Take this deal or get nothing for Love.

I'm sure they would find someone to take Love, so doubt they will have to take Cavs deal or nothing. Heck, I'd give Horford for Love if it came down to it.

joeyc77
07-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm sure they would find someone to take Love, so doubt they will have to take Cavs deal or nothing. Heck, I'd give Horford for Love if it came down to it.

Fans will do a lot of things. For any team trading for Love it's a risk. He could easily leave next offseason.

Love has a lot of day in this as well. But Minny has very little leverage overall.

Vee-Rex
07-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Love has ALL the leverage. All he has to do is say, "I'm only signing an extension with the Cavs. No one else." And no team would be willing to give up nearly as much value as the Cavs can (Bennett, Waiters, TT, tons of 1st round picks) for just a half-season rental of Kevin Love.

The Cavs just have to be patient. Once the trade deadline come then Minnesota will be forced to trade Love to acquire 1st round picks or be screwed. No other team in the league will give up better value for just a rental.

The power is all in Love's hands.

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 10:43 PM
So if Love demands Cavs, what will stop Minny from having him play his contract out next season and let him leave instead of helping Cavs? Minny should grow a pair in that scenario and don't just give in to helping another team win a championship.

thephoenixson28
07-12-2014, 10:43 PM
What about
Cleveland receives-Love
Phoenix receives-Wiggins
Minnesota receives- Klay Thompson, Triston Thompson, Cleveland 1st, Phx 1st(Or Lakers pick)
Golden State receives-Bledsoe

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Hey everybody, let's help Cleveland win a championship as a reward for LeBron going back home. Geez, if I'm Minnesota I want to take my chances with a raw Wiggins than trade away the second best player in my franchise's history for Klay Thompson or worse a Waiters/Bennett package.

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 10:45 PM
What about
Cleveland receives-Love
Phoenix receives-Wiggins
Minnesota receives- Klay Thompson, Triston Thompson, Cleveland 1st, Phx 1st(Or Lakers pick)
Golden State receives-Bledsoe

The issue for Cavs fans is trading Wiggins, not how can we add Suns in this to get Wiggins.

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Chicago was offering who for Love? Was it Taj,Jimmy and a future pick?

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Love has ALL the leverage. All he has to do is say, "I'm only signing an extension with the Cavs. No one else." And no team would be willing to give up nearly as much value as the Cavs can (Bennett, Waiters, TT, tons of 1st round picks) for just a half-season rental of Kevin Love.

The Cavs just have to be patient. Once the trade deadline come then Minnesota will be forced to trade Love to acquire 1st round picks or be screwed. No other team in the league will give up better value for just a rental.

Bingo

thephoenixson28
07-12-2014, 10:50 PM
The issue for Cavs fans is trading Wiggins, not how can we add Suns in this to get Wiggins.Have to trade Wiggins in order to get Love. Or else other teams have a way better deals than just Thompson and a pick (That probably is going to be a low pick)

Slim Tubby
07-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Flip calls his bluff and forces Love's agent to get on the phone to pony up Wiggins and make the deal with the promise of an extension. Love has ZERO leverage...who the **** are you kidding. He'll have lots of fun playing in front of the MN fans next season. I can't believe how many morons post on this board. Lebron is 30 and 4-5 stellar years left. The Cavs would be idiotic not to trade Wiggin's potential for Love's immediate help. He would be incredible with James and Irving demanding all of the defensive attention.

JustinTime
07-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Toronto should be in on this:

Cavs:
Love

Minnesota:
Derozan/Ross
Valuncunias
2 Cleveland 1sts
Toronto 1st

Toronto:
Bennett
Wiggins

Toronto has a large trade exception as well so they could take back a lot.

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Have to trade Wiggins in order to get Love. Or else other teams have a way better deals than just Thompson and a pick (That probably is going to be a low pick)

But why is the Suns involved?

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:55 PM
How did the Suns get in this LOL.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 10:59 PM

Not true.

If Cleveland gives Minnesota **** offers, the Wolves can just say **** you, and let Love him become a FA. In which case the Cavs won't have the space to sign Love to a max deal.

So no, both sides need each other.

thephoenixson28
07-12-2014, 10:59 PM
But why is the Suns involved?
Just to make the deal more balanced + I'm a Suns fan that really like wiggins.

JustinTime
07-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Would be funny if Wiggins refuses to play for Minnesota. He has a big chance here to force his way home to Toronto.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO about 24 minutes ago
T-Wolves' stance in recent trade talks is said to remain same: If Klay Thompson part of deal, Kevin Love will go to Warriors, not Cavs.

B-West.Joba
07-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Hey everybody, let's help Cleveland win a championship as a reward for LeBron going back home. Geez, if I'm Minnesota I want to take my chances with a raw Wiggins than trade away the second best player in my franchise's history for Klay Thompson or worse a Waiters/Bennett package.

Sure but at the same time the TWovles will never make it as the team out of the west while LeBron is on the Cavs. They should take the best they can get and that might be Waiters and 1st rounders in a package. Wiggins would be a nice perimeter player next to Lebron especially as a defender down the line, don't see them giving up a #1 pick in his first year. TT Waiters and picks make sense to me for Love

Vee-Rex
07-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Flip calls his bluff and forces Love's agent to get on the phone to pony up Wiggins and make the deal with the promise of an extension. Love has ZERO leverage...who the **** are you kidding. He'll have lots of fun playing in front of the MN fans next season. I can't believe how many morons post on this board. Lebron is 30 and 4-5 stellar years left. The Cavs would be idiotic not to trade Wiggin's potential for Love's immediate help. He would be incredible with James and Irving demanding all of the defensive attention.

You don't let an All-Star walk with nothing in return just to get back at Love or 'force' him to play another year there. That's pathetic and poor management.

Minnesota is doing exactly as they should right now: play hardball and demand Wiggins or nothing. Put up a stonecold front and say you'll never trade Love w/o getting Wiggins and hope the Cavs blink first. Maybe the Cavs would end up doing it, maybe Lebron will put a little pressure on them to do it. Minnesota has every intention bluffing it seems. However, if the trade deadline come, you better believe the T-Wolves would pull that trigger w/o getting Wiggins if it's their best offer. They'd be stupid not to.

Cleveland needs to try to find a 3rd team to get involved (which is what they're doing) and maybe something can happen. If they can't, then they need to remain tough and wait it out 'til the deadline. This isn't rocket science, both teams are doing as they should.

B-West.Joba
07-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Cavs really don't need to rush and wouldn't overpay to keep Love from any of the teams mentioned. Will be tough for Cavs to win in Lebron's first year back, could wait another year for Wiggins, Bennet, Dion, TT, Kyrie to develop, and Lebron around them, and sign Love in the offseason for max, since that'll be biggest contract and best chance for him to win outside of Minny

Vee-Rex
07-12-2014, 11:06 PM
Not true.

If Cleveland gives Minnesota **** offers, the Wolves can just say **** you, and let Love him become a FA. In which case the Cavs won't have the space to sign Love to a max deal.

So no, both sides need each other.

You don't seem to be looking at what you're saying... so Minnesota say **** you to the best possible offer (assuming Love tells them he will only sign an extension with the Cavs) just in spite? "Let's get nothing for Love, let him leave, and we won't have any picks or young talent to build our future with. And they'll still have Wiggins. Ha, that'll show them!!!" They'll be hurting themselves more than the Cavs. That makes zero sense.

B-West.Joba
07-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Lavine Love Rubio for Kyrie Dion Bennett TT?

Slim Tubby
07-12-2014, 11:29 PM
You don't seem to be looking at what you're saying... so Minnesota say **** you to the best possible offer (assuming Love tells them he will only sign an extension with the Cavs) just in spite? "Let's get nothing for Love, let him leave, and we won't have any picks or young talent to build our future with. And they'll still have Wiggins. Ha, that'll show them!!!" They'll be hurting themselves more than the Cavs. That makes zero sense.

Where do get "Love will only sign with CLE"? He has already said that CHI, GS, LAL, BOS are appealing to him. CLE has no shot in FA with Love.

nickdymez
07-12-2014, 11:40 PM
terrible trade

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Fake. Klay not even available so trade is fake.

LOL- if klay leaves golden state in a trade involving these teams... warriors are taking back either A)Love and another good player or B) Lebron James- Otherwise- LOL they dont even discuss a trade for klay

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Would be funny if Wiggins refuses to play for Minnesota. He has a big chance here to force his way home to Toronto.

Ummm toronto isnt involved in any scenerio the cavs. Also wiggins has been told he wont be traded. LOL im not sure where this big chance is from? Do you follow basketball?

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 11:52 PM

Love has stated- hed like to play for the warriors. Hes a west coast guy. Love hasnt actually said he would resign with the cavs. People close to him say he is intrigued by the cavs offer.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Lavine Love Rubio for Kyrie Dion Bennett TT?
What in the literal ****? No.

Keep LaVine. Keep Rubio. We'll keep Kyrie. Thanks.

PurpleJesus
07-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Love has stated- hed like to play for the warriors. Hes a west coast guy. Love hasnt actually said he would resign with the cavs. People close to him say he is intrigued by the cavs offer.
It's true Love said he wouldn't resign with the Cavs, but...he followed up with saying he would resign there if LeBron was there, just a few days later.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 12:11 AM
It's true Love said he wouldn't resign with the Cavs, but...he followed up with saying he would resign there if LeBron was there, just a few days later.

just cuz he would re sign with the cavs doesnt mean he wouldnt re sign with the warriors though. actually- i think hes a better fit in golden state.

and while the cavs got lebron- the rest of that roster couldnt make the playoffs in the weak east. warriors have been improving and they keep making it in the tough western conference.

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Ummm toronto isnt involved in any scenerio the cavs. Also wiggins has been told he wont be traded. LOL im not sure where this big chance is from? Do you follow basketball?

Let me explain Cavs aren't getting Love without giving up Wiggins. So if Wiggins says he won't play for Minnesota Cavs would have to trade Wiggins to another team he's willing to play for in order for them to the pieces they need to get Love and that team is Toronto.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 12:20 AM

Bro you are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about.

1) There are many teams Love has said he's willing to sign with.

2) The Cavs cannot get Love in free agency, so if Minnesota lets him walk, yes they lose out on Kevin Love, but then Cleveland can forget about him too, so both teams need each other and need to cooperate equally if a trade is to workout. The Cavs have no leverage, and neither do the Wolves.

If the Cavs low ball the Wolves, and they say **** you, and let Love walk, the Cavs lose him too.

Jarvo
07-13-2014, 12:22 AM
:facepalm: Bish whet?!

Cal827
07-13-2014, 12:55 AM
just cuz he would re sign with the cavs doesnt mean he wouldnt re sign with the warriors though. actually- i think hes a better fit in golden state.

and while the cavs got lebron- the rest of that roster couldnt make the playoffs in the weak east. warriors have been improving and they keep making it in the tough western conference.

That's the thing. The west is a beast to get out of. Even with Love, there's a good chance that they'll need multiple years before jumping everybody.

In the weak East, it won't take nearly as much (although the East is evening out now) to get through.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Great opportunity for Minnesota to have two exciting players in Rubio and Wiggins if the Wolves just stick to their guns and push for Wiggins. You're going to lose Love anyway so if you can get who some thought would be the number one pick of the draft before the beginning of NCAA season anyway they could come out feeling pretty good about themselves. Rubio and Wiggins would be more exciting together than Rubio and Love was. The only way the Wolves should take Bennett is unless Wiggins is the other guy going with him.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Warriors have to receive either wiggins or waiters with multiple 1st

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 01:14 AM
Min wants Klay over Wiggins from reports. If the Warriors can find a third team and receive another good young sg deal gets done. This report has to be complete BS

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2014, 01:24 AM
If the Cavs get Love without giving up Wiggins just give them the chip now. No point in even playing the season.

dnl123
07-13-2014, 01:35 AM
If the Cavs get Love without giving up Wiggins just give them the chip now. No point in even playing the season.

There's no chance that happens, only complete idiots are spewing that crap out.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 01:37 AM
Let me explain Cavs aren't getting Love without giving up Wiggins. So if Wiggins says he won't play for Minnesota Cavs would have to trade Wiggins to another team he's willing to play for in order for them to the pieces they need to get Love and that team is Toronto.

would toronto deal derozen and future first?- cuz thats what it would take just to get a seat at the table in this negotiation

smith&wesson
07-13-2014, 01:37 AM
Love + filler to Cavs

Waiters + Bennet to GS

K. Thompson + T. Thompson + Pick to Twolves

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 01:38 AM

well if not wiggins, it would take lebron or irving

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Love + filler to Cavs

Waiters + Bennet to GS

K. Thompson + T. Thompson + Pick to Twolves

LMAO- golden state doesnt want to trade klay in a package for Love- why on earth would they want two scrubs who couldnt help their team get to the playoffs in the east?

bucketss
07-13-2014, 01:41 AM
Min wants Klay over Wiggins from reports. If the Warriors can find a third team and receive another good young sg deal gets done. This report has to be complete BS

would Terrance ross interest you guys?

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 01:41 AM
LOL cavs fans are kinda greedy. yall got the number 1 pick, lebron james and you get to play against teams that are trying to tank for 1/3 of your games- lmao and you still want love for basically garbage?

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 01:42 AM
would Terrance ross interest you guys?

perhaps, how would you feel about a package of nedovic and a resigned jordan crawford?

bucketss
07-13-2014, 01:50 AM
perhaps, how would you feel about a package of nedovic and a resigned jordan crawford?

i mean as apart of a 4 team trade, you guys probably receive picks from minny/Toronto plus another dude like waiters or something. raptors gets the Toronto kid wiggins, minny receives klay, and cavs get love plus other fillers. but i can see you're not very high on ross,

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Ross would interest me allot actually. I considered moving Barnes for him last season.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 02:10 AM
I wouldnt give up barnes for ross now tho. what would the trade be with min involved landing us k love

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 02:12 AM
i mean as apart of a 4 team trade, you guys probably receive picks from minny/Toronto plus another dude like waiters or something. raptors gets the Toronto kid wiggins, minny receives klay, and cavs get love plus other fillers. but i can see you're not very high on ross,

I dont see why the warriors make a trade to help clev get Love- the warriors would try to get love for themselves

Arch Stanton
07-13-2014, 02:13 AM
I'd generally not take anything serious from Joe Kotach (Probballdraft). He's a Cleveland guy who constantly throws out stuff to see if it sticks. Unfortunately for him it never does. This idea that the Cavs only have to give up TT and draft picks for Love is ridiculous. And it makes no sense for GS to get involved who also covet Love.

Chi StateOfMind
07-13-2014, 02:15 AM
BS. Not happening, especially for that package. Makes zero sense for GS.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 02:20 AM
from what im hearing the proposed offer is.

Love to cle

Thompson to min

Waiters and 3 1st round picks to gsw

obviously salary doesnt work but those are the main parameters.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 02:24 AM

Love to cle

Thompson to min

Yeah- thats complete BS. I wouldnt trade barnes for waiters... and warriors arent rebuilding- they are looking to better themselves right now

*Silver&Black*
07-13-2014, 02:25 AM
LOL cavs fans are kinda greedy. yall got the number 1 pick, lebron james and you get to play against teams that are trying to tank for 1/3 of your games- lmao and you still want love for basically garbage?

Crazy to think one team could possibly get the #1 pick in a deep draft (while not having one of the worst records) and, oh yeah, the top player in basketball comes in free agency the same off-season.

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2014, 02:26 AM

Love to cle

Thompson to min

Why is GSW getting all the draft picks when Min is giving up the best player. That deal doesn't make any sense.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 02:33 AM
the deal makes even less sense than the rumor from 5 or 6 weeks ago about the warriors sending barnes and lee to ny for chandler......if klay leaves gs- warriors want a star back

FlashBolt
07-13-2014, 02:36 AM
Cleveland may have struck gold this free agency. Keeping your best player locked in, drafting the supposed best player in a very stacked draft, collected on numerous of picks - some used and some unused (Miami's 1st round protected for either 2015,2016,2017), you sign a coach who many have tried to hire over the last couple of years, and you sign the greatest player today. With that being said, I really don't see why GSW would commit to this trade. If I'm the Wolves, I take Wiggins as a must or take it elsewhere. Minnesota can definitely get more than Tristan/Thompson. Cleveland with Love, Irving, James, Wiggins, and Varejao would be insanely stacked, boring, and hard to watch. James would be wasting away his talents along with everyone else. You need a team but you don't need the All Star team. Besides, Wiggins and James? I think you have to be stupid to take Wiggins and try to build him up. If you have Bron, this is not the time for building players. It's time to win. Hope Cleveland trades Thompson, Bennett, and Wiggins for Love or maybe Bennett, Wiggins, and picks for Love contingent that Love resigns for a long term deal. Would love to see Wiggins potential early on and a roster of Love/James/Irving would be damn exciting.

sf-fanatic
07-13-2014, 03:12 AM
I'm not sure why the Warriors are getting involved. This makes 0 sense. We only make a trade if it improves our team or to shed David Lee's contract (ONLY IF we have another trade lined up or FA signed to IMPROVE our team like Horford or Marc Gasol).

With that being said, I wouldn't mind trading Klay because he's due a huge raise and I'm not sure if he will be worth it. I'd be intrigued to do the deal only if we get Wiggins back, because we will get a starting caliber SG on a rookie contract. Don't really want Thompson, but maybe Bennett/picks/Waiters.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:18 AM
it's a shame this hasnt been closed by now. There are other times when mods are so critical and close everything yet they allow this and it's irrelevant source to remain? Im disappointed.

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 04:17 AM
I automatically squash any rumors that involves Warriors getting rid of Klay Thompson. I don't buy them wanting to rid of a player like Thomspon, especially for picks? that's absurd.

COOLbeans
07-13-2014, 04:45 AM
Warriors want love or Wiggins plus a 1st round draft pick for Klay Thompson

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 04:54 AM
opinion or report?

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 04:56 AM
GS could be positioning themselves to make a run at KD or Marc Gasol next off-season. Stacking up on picks would allow them to add a third star to curry kd/gasol. just trying to make any sense of this ****

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 05:13 AM
for what its worth dude reporting this does kinda seem like a cavs homer. heres a tweet.

So Cool watching LBJ move around the World Cup tonight with Andy..LeBrons speaks for first time on coming home. I will have it at 11pm

not much but a little homerism there. but he was on sc on the whole lebron to cle things so idk. just dont see why the warriors would do this. they value klay soooooooooooo much

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 05:16 AM
and they want love for themselves. and they wont trade klay for love but they will for waiters and picks? just doesnt add up

rhymeratic
07-13-2014, 05:22 AM
These trade rumors have more holes in it than a sinking Titanic. WHY!?!?! would the Warriors trade Klay Thompson for picks over Love. That's just plain stupid folks.

rhymeratic
07-13-2014, 05:23 AM
it's a shame this hasnt been closed by now. There are other times when mods are so critical and close everything yet they allow this and it's irrelevant source to remain? Im disappointed.

this

kobe4thewinbang
07-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Makes no sense for the Warriors. They wanted Love, so there's no sense in helping Cavs get him instead if they are now willing to give T'Wolves Klay without getting Love for themselves.

:shrug:

Please don't give Cleveland K-Love. I want to see LeBron earn a championship for once.

siix
07-13-2014, 09:30 AM
stupid thread...why the hell would golden state do that?

xxplayerxx23
07-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Makes no sense for the Warriors. They wanted Love, so there's no sense in helping Cavs get him instead if they are now willing to give T'Wolves Klay without getting Love for themselves.

:shrug:

Please don't give Cleveland K-Love. I want to see LeBron earn a championship for once.

Guess Kobe didn't earn his considring pau> love

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:46 AM
and they want love for themselves. and they wont trade klay for love but they will for waiters and picks? just doesnt add up

well this -rumor/report is by cleveland media. They are catering the cavs fans who want love.

Supposidly Flip Saunders has made it clear that hed prefer klay over wiggins, and David Lee is a better player RIGHT NOW than any power forward the cavs can offer. Twolves are not interested in turning this into a 12 yr rebuild project. They want to go out this yr and have a chance at the playoffs.

So- the reporters objective is to broadcast a way to get Love to the cavs- but doesnt really consider the costs and benefits of any team involved other than the cavs. He clearly has NO understanding what so ever of the warriors objectives are in a deal and in the upcoming season as well. (Trading an asset for draft picks is basically what teams do when they are tanking).

The writing is kind of on the wall and its tough for clev to digest. The warriors have the power to decide if they really want Love (and theres not really anything clev can do about that - other than throw lebron into the deal or something). If the warriors dont trade klay for Love- then it puts clev back in the picture. However, if cavs wont include wiggins, LOL I still think the warriors offer of david lee and barnes is better than anything the cavs will offer.

Keep in mind, draft picks arent a big deal for the twolves- they have gotten rid of 4 of their last 5 top 10 picks. Theyd rather have proven players who can come and and help them right away. Warriors are offering multiple starters from a western conference playoff team.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:48 AM
for what its worth dude reporting this does kinda seem like a cavs homer. heres a tweet.

not much but a little homerism there. but he was on sc on the whole lebron to cle things so idk. just dont see why the warriors would do this. they value klay soooooooooooo much

I havent seen any other source reporting anything close to this

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure why the Warriors are getting involved. This makes 0 sense. We only make a trade if it improves our team or to shed David Lee's contract (ONLY IF we have another trade lined up or FA signed to IMPROVE our team like Horford or Marc Gasol).

With that being said, I wouldn't mind trading Klay because he's due a huge raise and I'm not sure if he will be worth it. I'd be intrigued to do the deal only if we get Wiggins back, because we will get a starting caliber SG on a rookie contract. Don't really want Thompson, but maybe Bennett/picks/Waiters.

naaa only trade klay for an all star

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Cavs are crazy if they think they getting love without trading wiggins

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:53 AM

if klays on the table- cavs might as well target another power forward like horford or favors

2-ONE-5
07-13-2014, 10:18 AM
there is no way Minny can trade Love and not get multiple first rd picks back let alone zero.

prodigy
07-13-2014, 10:26 AM

Kevin love just needs to say the only team I will resign with is Cleveland. That means the only offers wolves would have are from cavs. Either take what u get or love walks for nothing.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Kevin love just needs to say the only team I will resign with is Cleveland. That means the only offers wolves would have are from cavs. Either take what u get or love walks for nothing.

LOL but im not even sure the cavs are his first choice

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 10:37 AM
there is no way Minny can trade Love and not get multiple first rd picks back let alone zero.

if the twolves wanted to get draft picks- they would have traded love before the best draft in the last 10 yrs. The fact that they did not do that and the only team the wolves have been in serious talks with through out this whole process (the warriors)- are a team that wouldnt offer them a lot of picks.

Quinnsanity
07-13-2014, 12:18 PM
This isn't happening.

COOLbeans
07-13-2014, 12:30 PM
opinion or report?

This would be our only reason for being in this deal. The Warriors would have to ask for Wiggins or Kevin Love. Waiters and draft picks won't do it. And certainly not Kevin Martin.

COOLbeans
07-13-2014, 12:35 PM
LOL but im not even sure the cavs are his first choice

The assumption is that Love wants nothing more than to play with Lebron James. (Even more than returning to California to play with a stacked playoff team.)

jakub
07-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Yeah, keep dreaming Cavs. Getting Love without Wiggins LOL

Vee-Rex
07-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Bro you are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about.

1) There are many teams Love has said he's willing to sign with.

2) The Cavs cannot get Love in free agency, so if Minnesota lets him walk, yes they lose out on Kevin Love, but then Cleveland can forget about him too, so both teams need each other and need to cooperate equally if a trade is to workout. The Cavs have no leverage, and neither do the Wolves.

If the Cavs low ball the Wolves, and they say **** you, and let Love walk, the Cavs lose him too.

Never once did I say the Cavs had the leverage, I said Love does. *IF* he preferred to go to the Cavs over anyone else he could say he would only re-sign with the Cavs.

This is why I don't post much on PSD....

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 01:02 PM
would toronto deal derozen and future first?- cuz thats what it would take just to get a seat at the table in this negotiation

Without a doubt but Lowry might be pissed. I think we'd have to give up a prospect as well though maybe Patterson or Valuncunias because there's no way we could have got Wiggins for just that at the draft. Minnesota has needs which Toronto can certainly fill so it's a different scenario than it was before. They need a guy like Derozan or Ross so that's a good start, I doubt Wiggins would want to play there anyways.

TrueFan420
07-13-2014, 01:33 PM
The assumption is that Love wants nothing more than to play with Lebron James. (Even more than returning to California to play with a stacked playoff team.)

Yea assumptions are often wrong tho cause if I'm not mistaken there were a boat load of laker fans that were laughing at everyone saying Love only had eyes for the lakers and was just waiting to force his way there to team up with Kobe.

TrueFan420
07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Never once did I say the Cavs had the leverage, I said Love does. *IF* he preferred to go to the Cavs over anyone else he could say he would only re-sign with the Cavs.

This is why I don't post much on PSD....
If he did say that tho and the cavs just offer shlt they could still say no and then the cavs are shlt out of luck. It's in their best interest to just trade wiggen and call it a day rather than low ball and not get the best piece possible to pair with bron.

thephoenixson28
07-13-2014, 02:20 PM

Teams are willing to trade for Love without a commitment, and will be able to offer a better deal.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson about 5 hours ago
FWIW, even more signs on this topic >>> RT @SportsCenter: Cavs head coach David Blatt says Wiggins will not be traded in pursuit of Love.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 02:30 PM
im sure min would rather have TT than dlee

Hawkeye15
Flip needs to hold out for Wiggins. He has already made it clear he would rather let Love walk than take back meh and crappy picks. The whole notion that you can't let a star leave for nothing can get you in trouble.

No need to rush. Let the Cavs get into training camp for all I care. Hell, let them get to game 35, and when LeBron sees there is absolutely no way the Cavs contend as is for the next few years, he will push the front office.

At least that is what I would do. I don't want Lee's contract, a good starting player at the weakest position in the league who is about to get huge money, and some crappy picks for Love. I would rather get the cap space and suck for a couple of years.

Monta is beast
but if the warriors throw in klay love is a warrior

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 02:31 PM
joe lacob warriors owner:

"Kevin Love's a really good player. We think our players are really good too."

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson about 5 hours ago
FWIW, even more signs on this topic >>> RT @SportsCenter: Cavs head coach David Blatt says Wiggins will not be traded in pursuit of Love.

Don't kid yourself Cavs are just saying stuff like that to increase his value.

carlessyen
07-13-2014, 03:19 PM
I love how the Lakers guys are saying why isnt this took down yet, when they just got Lin and 2 picks for a scrub who will never see a NBA floor if any trade needs veto'd its that one. Teams make trades like that all the time, And people are defintely under rating Waiters. Waiters whole lot tougher and overall better scorer the Thompson, just has came off bench whole career in Cleveland. Thompson does most his scoring behind the three line, as well as curry maybe they want some toughness for a change someone who can actually attack the basket open up lanes to dish to Curry. Id prob Do Waiters straight up for Thompson so id sure do it with 2 firsts

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 2m
The Warriors-Minnesota trade stalemate is mostly about Klay Thompson, but there are at least 2 other issues, too: http://bit.ly/W0XRqd

Looks like the Warriors trying to get Kevin Love for themselves. To the Cavs fans who are thinking they can get Love without giving up anything, that's wrong.

Sandman
07-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Flip needs to hold out for Wiggins. He has already made it clear he would rather let Love walk than take back meh and crappy picks. The whole notion that you can't let a star leave for nothing can get you in trouble.

No need to rush. Let the Cavs get into training camp for all I care. Hell, let them get to game 35, and when LeBron sees there is absolutely no way the Cavs contend as is for the next few years, he will push the front office.

At least that is what I would do. I don't want Lee's contract, a good starting player at the weakest position in the league who is about to get huge money, and some crappy picks for Love. I would rather get the cap space and suck for a couple of years.

I agree with the premise of what you are saying, but they would be getting back pretty good young players prior to restricted free agency, they aren't taking back anything that could get them in trouble.

The problem with holding out for Wiggins is the Cavs could probably beat any other team's offer without him.

Does Waiters and Tristan Thompson beat Klay Thompson and David Lee? Lee is close to that toxic asset you are talking about but he is not signed for very long.

There's Anthony Bennett too. I'm honestly not sure what the hell to think of him, but he moves the needle more than any other team's 3rd player in the offer would.

Sandman
07-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami · 2m
The Warriors-Minnesota trade stalemate is mostly about Klay Thompson, but there are at least 2 other issues, too: http://bit.ly/W0XRqd

Looks like the Warriors trying to get Kevin Love for themselves. To the Cavs fans who are thinking they can get Love without giving up anything, that's wrong.

When I first read the rumor I kind of assumed it would be Waiters going to GS

I don't think salaries work out to just trade Tristan for Love

If they shipped out Klay and got a 1st and Waiters back, I could see that

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 1 minute ago
The quiet, continuing David Lee and Harrison Barnes complications in the Warriors’ trade discussions with Minn... bit.ly/1jpijLI

This trade is Kevin Love to the Warriors, it makes sense. Why would GS help the Cavs get Love when they want him for themselves.

Warriors/Wolves negotiating, Cavs better up the offer and stop offering garbage.

Trwood12
07-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Sounds like B.S. to me too. Makes no sense for warriors.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Did this dude say he would do waiters for thompson straight up? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 04:19 PM
I think the warriors pov is to drag this out as long as possible and see if Barnes can raise his value in season.

slashsnake
07-13-2014, 04:30 PM

Agreed there. I've thought about that a lot. Sure 1st option is getting him on a long term deal (not happening) and second is getting viable players (Wiggins, maybe Klay and someone else) who are on deals for more than a couple years.

But I've thought of this from the Nuggets side when they were rumored to be interested if he re-signed or not, and really, I liked having Iguodala here for a year, and felt that was worth it. It was a fun season. Sure we gave up a lot, but nothing irreplaceable. A 1st round protected pick. Al Harrington which was a good move. Afflalo who I really liked, but got him back. Didn't work out in the end, but better than sitting with a medium team not really making any moves. The only way Denvers getting a star is by drafting one or trading for one. So why not make the move for a few pieces (Faried and Gallo or someone) and see what happens.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Eric Koreen @ekoreen 1 minute ago
If it comes down to it, I think the Cavs will throw in Wiggins for Love. But why do it before you have to?

Pretty much this

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer 2 minutes ago
A sign-and-trade of Greg Monroe to Minnesota that sparks a Kevin Love three-team trade just makes too much sense for Cleveland to explore.

Interesting

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 5m
Minnesota's current stance: No Wiggins for TWolves, No KLove for Cavs

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I agree with the premise of what you are saying, but they would be getting back pretty good young players prior to restricted free agency, they aren't taking back anything that could get them in trouble.

The problem with holding out for Wiggins is the Cavs could probably beat any other team's offer without him.

Does Waiters and Tristan Thompson beat Klay Thompson and David Lee? Lee is close to that toxic asset you are talking about but he is not signed for very long.

There's Anthony Bennett too. I'm honestly not sure what the hell to think of him, but he moves the needle more than any other team's 3rd player in the offer would.

I have zero interest in TT, Waiters, or Bennett. Literally none.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 5m
Minnesota's current stance: No Wiggins for TWolves, No KLove for Cavs

pretty much. No thanks on your other ****** lottery picks Cavs...

Sandman
07-13-2014, 06:33 PM

it makes sense to lose him for nothing instead of a Patrick Ewing type trade, it doesn't make sense to lose him for nothing instead of a Dwight Howard or Carmelo Anthony type trade.

I don't see how nothing is better than young controllable assets.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 06:37 PM
it makes sense to lose him for nothing instead of a Patrick Ewing type trade, it doesn't make sense to lose him for nothing instead of a Dwight Howard or Carmelo Anthony type trade.

I don't view Bennett or Waiters as an asset. TT, meh. I just am not high on them as assets at all. And honestly, I don't want the GS trade even more. Klay is looking for more money than he is worth, Lee is fine, but overpaid, so our cap is jacked, and we are what, 10th seed for the next 5 years?

I get your point. I do. But Flip needs to swing for the fences here. I would rather he hold out for Wiggins and get nothing than take back players I don't think will ever be average starters in the league. And he has said he feels that same way.

Sandman
07-13-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't view Bennett or Waiters as an asset. TT, meh. I just am not high on them as assets at all. And honestly, I don't want the GS trade even more. Klay is looking for more money than he is worth, Lee is fine, but overpaid, so our cap is jacked, and we are what, 10th seed for the next 5 years?

I get your point. I do. But Flip needs to swing for the fences here. I would rather he hold out for Wiggins and get nothing than take back players I don't think will ever be average starters in the league. And he has said he feels that same way.

Yeah this is absolutely true, its full tilt at this point.

If I'm either team I don't budge before the deadline.

With Flip, you make the other team give up their best asset when you know you're giving up the best player in the deal anyway

With the Cavs, they are probably outbidding themselves by including Wiggins

It sounds like Ainge keeping Rondo when he wanted KG and Ray Allen

either way the Cavs have the ammo to pick up the next and maybe even next 2 big players to be available, depending on whether they keep Wiggins.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Min should just take our offer of Barnes, Lee, speights, Green and our 15' 1st round pick for Love and Martin.

Curry//Livingston//Nedovic
Thompson//Martin//Iguodala
Iguodala//Livingston//Martin
Love//FA
Bogut//Ezeli//Kuzmic

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Thats why I think the warriors plan is to drag this out into the regular season (if possible) so Barnes and Green can raise their value. They don't want to give up Thompson. Something came out saying they dont believe they move into title contention unless they have Klay and Love. Another report came out saying they have done the budgeting and believe they can "squeeze" in Love and a max for Klay.

kgformvp21
07-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Being a wolves fan, it makes much more sense to me to hold on to love and let him walk then trade him for mediocre players. If you haven't noticed our team is already full of them..were trying to find a star here and with wiggins he may turn out to be one. He's at least worth the shot. The cavs can keep waiters, tt and Bennett.no thanks!

prodigy
07-13-2014, 07:23 PM

Then you don't know basketball I'm sorry. Other then a span of 3 weeks Bennett had an awful season, but waiters is a stud. Avg 16 a game last season in a horrible system. Including a really good second half. TT is a double double machine.

I'm not sure why people think the wolves have power here. Love is walking at end of season. He has all the say, because if love says he will only resign with cavs GS and other teams pull all offers and wolves are forced to take what cavs offer or watch love walk for nothing.

If cavs offer TT and waiters with bunch of picks that's a good offer.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:25 PM
That's my point. After Barnes' rookie season people were saying he had the potential to be an all-star. And if one more person calls Draymond Green a mediocre player ima slap someone. Great defense, always hustles, great intangibles, can play sf and stretch and by the way hes entering his 3rd season. Along with a 1st round pick in the mid to high 20's. We'll even throw Kuzmic in, big man with good hands, runs the floor well and it looked like he had nice touch around the rim.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:28 PM
All Barnes got on offense last year was isolation plays, which is not his game. On isolation plays last season he shot like in the 30's I think

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Then you don't know basketball I'm sorry. Other then a span of 3 weeks Bennett had an awful season, but waiters is a stud. Avg 16 a game last season in a horrible system. Including a really good second half. TT is a double double machine.

I'm not sure why people think the wolves have power here. Love is walking at end of season. He has all the say, because if love says he will only resign with cavs GS and other teams pull all offers and wolves are forced to take what cavs offer or watch love walk for nothing.

Doesnt matter there not getting rid of Love if they dont get Wiggins or Thompson. And they want Thompson more than they want Wiggins. But I dont think the Warriors are ever going to budge on trading Klay.

mavwar53
07-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Mib way to kill the team with that trade, did you not see the finals, you need depth to win when you only invested in a starting lineup you lose.

kgformvp21
07-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Love = wiggins

COOLbeans
07-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Lol did he just trade Barnes, Lee And Green, plus a 2015 first round pick??

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 07:49 PM
You got to give up something to give something.

Meth
07-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Lol did he just trade Barnes, Lee And Green, plus a 2015 first round pick??

Mib way to kill the team with that trade, did you not see the finals, you need depth to win when you only invested in a starting lineup you lose.

Ya'll just don't know ball like he does.

mavwar53
07-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Ya'll just don't know ball like he does.

You know it

ahigbee
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM
There is a ZERO percent chance this trade happens if the Warriors don't end up with Love. The warriors wouldn't trade for Love if they had to give up Klay. Why would the move Klay now and NOT get Kevin Love. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Shlumpledink
07-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Would be a stupid trade from the warriors perspective. trading one of the best defenders/shooters in the league in klay thompson, who is also young and athletic with room/willingness to improve for first round picks? What kind of pick are you getting from cleveland that is worth this?

Unless you're getting wiggins, don't do it.

Sandman
07-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Doesnt matter there not getting rid of Love if they dont get Wiggins or Thompson. And they want Thompson more than they want Wiggins. But I dont think the Warriors are ever going to budge on trading Klay.

This is exactly why they shouldnt trade Wiggins. If the Warriors won't trade Klay and/or Barnes who is out there to make a better offer than Waiters and Thompson, or even Waiters and Bennett?

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 08:36 PM
The Warriors with Barnes, Green and Lee

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Players who know how to win

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Then you don't know basketball I'm sorry.

I think most here would disagree with you...

Other then a span of 3 weeks Bennett had an awful season, but waiters is a stud. Avg 16 a game last season in a horrible system. Including a really good second half. TT is a double double machine.

Bennett sucks. Waiters is an undersized chucker who follows the long list of tweeners that won't succeed. Thompson is a replaceable energy guy. Why would a team who is about to enter rebuilding taking on that?

I'm not sure why people think the wolves have power here.

They don't. But the notion that has been long standing, which is, "you CAN'T let a star walk for nothing!" is bull **** to me. If you are getting crap offers, don't take them. Wiggins is a must, otherwise, go away Cleveland.

Love is walking at end of season. He has all the say, because if love says he will only resign with cavs GS and other teams pull all offers and wolves are forced to take what cavs offer or watch love walk for nothing.

Meh, it's a players league, for sure. But a smart GM won't just take a deal to take a deal, to have something left to show for the franchises past failures. Kahn totally screwed us. Flip doesn't need to put bandaids on his mistakes, he needs to make real decisions for our future. Not taking on projecting below average starters to suck up the cap..

Unless they can rope in a 3rd team that sucks to make those picks high, no, it's not a good offer.

Sandman
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM
The Warriors with Barnes, Green and Lee

Players who know how to win

Nah, you're homering hardcore. They can't beat the Cavs without Klay.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Cool, then have interest in letting him walk for nothing.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Cool, then have interest in letting him walk for nothing.

I have a lot more interest in that than taking the Cavs draft mistakes...

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 08:56 PM

What Cavs fans aren't realizing is that

1) There are other teams Love will re-sign with

2) If they want Love, they need to work with the T-Wolves. They think they have ALL the leverage lol, what a joke. If the Cavs want Love, they need to trade for him because they can't sign him in free agency next season, its as simple as that.

3) The Wolves will not lose him for nothing, they at the minimum got an offer on the table from the Warriors with Harrison Barnes and David lee

4) Reading the Cavs forum, they think they have the future LeBron in Wiggins, and they think Anthony Bennett, because of one big summer league dunk is going to come into the NBA and dominate next season and some lost weight.

If the Cavs want Love, they will give up Wiggins, otherwise they will take another teams offer, simple as that.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 08:57 PM
joe lacob warriors owner:

"Kevin Love's a really good player. We think our players are really good too."

Ummm im not exactly sure what that means- it looks like he literally said nothing in either direction

ClevelandSpider
07-13-2014, 09:00 PM
I think most here would disagree with you...

Bennett sucks. Waiters is an undersized chucker who follows the long list of tweeners that won't succeed. Thompson is a replaceable energy guy. Why would a team who is about to enter rebuilding taking on that?

They don't. But the notion that has been long standing, which is, "you CAN'T let a star walk for nothing!" is bull **** to me. If you are getting crap offers, don't take them. Wiggins is a must, otherwise, go away Cleveland.

Meh, it's a players league, for sure. But a smart GM won't just take a deal to take a deal, to have something left to show for the franchises past failures. Kahn totally screwed us. Flip doesn't need to put bandaids on his mistakes, he needs to make real decisions for our future. Not taking on projecting below average starters to suck up the cap..

Unless they can rope in a 3rd team that sucks to make those picks high, no, it's not a good offer.

I agree with prodigy. I've read a great deal of your posts and they're nothing more than homerist drivel. You repeatedly downplay the players and assets the Cavs have and inflate your team's situation. It's obvious you don't watch the Cavs play and have minimal knowledge of our roster, you constantly get agitated and act like you're the GM of the TWolves and state your opinion as matter of fact. I think most on here take your posts and ideas with a grain of salt. True the Wolves could hold out for Wiggins as they should, but the Cavs have plenty of young players and assets aside from Wiggins that can get the trade done. It all comes down to who budges first, my money is on the Wolves, I don't think the Cavs will part with Wiggins and will move on if a deal isn't struck...in that case, it will be funny to watch the Wolves pound their feet as Love walks and then they can get even less in a sign and trade next summer :)

You need to calm down bro, you seem upset that someone would suggest a trade not involving Wiggins which is actually a pretty logical and possible result.

goingfor28
07-13-2014, 09:00 PM
I'd rather have waiters, tt, Bennett and a couple picks than nothing :shrug:
Waiters can score
Tt is a double double and high energy guy
Bennett had a bad rookie season, doesn't mean he can't turn it around. Rumor is he's in much better shape this year (I heard somehwere)
Picks are always good

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
I'd rather have waiters, tt, Bennett and a couple picks than nothing :shrug:

Or Harrison Barnes and David Lee?

goingfor28
07-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Or Harrison Barnes and David Lee?
Barnes is nice but not a stud. Lee is overpriced and not exactly a young guy to possibly build around

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:03 PM

ummmm that team went to the finals 4 straight years. all that depth the warriors are trading got them knocked out of the playoffs in the first round LOL

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 09:05 PM

2) If they want Love, they need to work with the T-Wolves. They think they have ALL the leverage lol, what a joke. If the Cavs want Love, they need to trade for him because they can't sign him in free agency next season, its as simple as that.

3) The Wolves will not lose him for nothing, they at the minimum got an offer on the table from the Warriors with Harrison Barnes and David lee

4) Reading the Cavs forum, they think they have the future LeBron in Wiggins, and they think Anthony Bennett, because of one big summer league dunk is going to come into the NBA and dominate next season and some lost weight.

If the Cavs want Love, they will give up Wiggins, otherwise they will take another teams offer, simple as that.

I know it's his second year in the NBA but Bennett looks better than Wiggins does in Summer League. He's easily been the Cavs best player through 2 games.

likemystylez

Oh he lost some weight and had a big dunk in summer league- how come you didnt tell me???!! They might as well just ship lebron out, now that we know bennet has reached stardom :D

Sandman

#3 and #1 contradict eachother

They mutually need each other because they will both get shafted if he hits FA.

So Re: #3.. where does Waiters & Thompson rank against Barnes and Lee? Waiters, Thompson and Bennett?

Like I said before, I don't know what the hell to think about Bennett, but he's a bag of upside that is very different than the 3rd piece of a trade anybody else can offer.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Waiters is a 16PPG player. TT is still young and improving. Bennett, if you were watching the summer league, looks like a completely different player. In fact he's stealing the show. Even more so than Wiggs.

I wouldn't necessarily call any of them draft mistakes.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:08 PM
I agree with prodigy. I've read a great deal of your posts and they're nothing more than homerist drivel. You repeatedly downplay the players and assets the Cavs have and inflate your team's situation. It's obvious you don't watch the Cavs play and have minimal knowledge of our roster, you constantly get agitated and act like you're the GM of the TWolves and state your opinion as matter of fact. I think most on here take your posts and ideas with a grain of salt. True the Wolves could hold out for Wiggins as they should, but the Cavs have plenty of young players and assets aside from Wiggins that can get the trade done. It all comes down to who budges first, my money is on the Wolves, I don't think the Cavs will part with Wiggins and will move on if a deal isn't struck...in that case, it will be funny to watch the Wolves pound their feet as Love walks and then they can get even less in a sign and trade next summer :)

You need to calm down bro, you seem upset that someone would suggest a trade not involving Wiggins which is actually a pretty logical and possible result.

Ummm you need to stop overvaluing the cavs- THEY DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN THE EAST!!!- that speaks volumes.and they arent even offering their best player (irving) from that non playoff team. waiters prob wouldnt get on the floor if he were on a decent western conference team.

The western conference have d league teams that could play against the non playoff teams in the east.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Waiters is a 16PPG player. TT is still young and improving. Bennett, if you were watching the summer league, looks like a completely different player. In fact he's stealing the show. Even more so than Wiggs.

Oh my god, tearing it up in summer league... call him the new LeBron

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 09:09 PM

I have 55,000 posts. Roughly 8% of them have to do with my team.

And nope, any deal not involving Wiggins needs to be rejected. If the Wolves are going to take a big step back, better off sucking huge balls versus taking on overpaid young prospects.

David Kahn killed my team. Time to own up and take it on the chin unless a team is willing to part with a player like Wiggins because they just signed LeBron, who has a 3-4 year window as the best in the game to win a chip.

Homerism? Nah. It's called reality.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Oh my god, tearing it up in summer league... call him the new LeBron
What matters is that he's playing the way Cleveland expected him to when they drafted him. No need to be sarcastic.

Slim Tubby
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM

You greatly underestimate Flips resolve and overestimate the value of your role players. If they were that great, your GM never would've picked up the phone asking about Love to begin with. Love puts you over the top, it will cost CLE dearly and this is just fact. Without Wiggins or Klay, Love will be on our roster to start the season.

mngopher35
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM
If Waiters, TT, Bennett and a first is the best offer we should definitely wait until the deadline to decide. I'd rather just get young assets and picks from Boston over that package.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Waiters is a 16PPG player.

on embarrassing rates who doesn't defend.

TT is still young and improving.

good throw in, but if he is the best player coming back, no thanks.

Bennett, if you were watching the summer league, looks like a completely different player. In fact he's stealing the show. Even more so than Wiggs.

Remember when Randy Foye looked like D-Wade in the summer league?

You can call them projects for all I care. Not interested in any of them.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
By the way I think all this debate is for nothing, LeBron's letter gave it all away. He mentioned TT, Waitors, and Kyrie. No mention of Bennett/Wiggins. LeBron is as knowledgeable as they come, he didn't leave Wiggins and Bennett out on purpose.

One of Cleveland's pitches in recruiting LeBron was bringing Love. Love will be in Cleveland. I am sure right now the Cavs are playing hardball with the Wolves, but come down to it they do make the trade, they are in no rush and neither are the Wolves.

As far as the head coach Blatt saying Wiggins is not being traded, I have NEVER in my years of following sports in ANY sport see a head coach come and say a player WILL be traded, you always stick up for your player, no need to look into it.

Sandman
07-13-2014, 09:14 PM
You greatly underestimate Flips resolve and overestimate the value of your role players. If they were that great, your GM never would've picked up the phone asking about Love to begin with. Love puts you over the top, it will cost CLE dearly and this is just fact. Without Wiggins or Klay, Love will be on our roster to start the season.
Love puts them over the top, but they are in it for the long haul. Wiggins is one of the best prospects in years.

Waiters is in his 3rd year

The Cavs will be able to pick up the next player that wants out that needs to change teams, and they won't need to part with Wiggins to do it.

With that said, they could still trade Wiggins for love and be in position to trade Waiters & whoever is left for the next big player that wants out.

If I am either side I don't budge until the trade deadline.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:14 PM
If Waiters, TT, Bennett and a first is the best offer we should definitely wait until the deadline to decide. I'd rather just get young assets and picks from Boston over that package.
Waiters - 22
Thompson - 23
Bennett - 21

Goddamn Cavs, offering you old geezers for Love. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Waiters - 22
Thompson - 23
Bennett - 21

I think he said "assets"

Sandman
07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
By the way I think all this debate is for nothing, LeBron's letter gave it all away. He mentioned TT, Waitors, and Kyrie. No mention of Bennett/Wiggins. LeBron is as knowledgeable as they come, he didn't leave Wiggins and Bennett out on purpose.

One of Cleveland's pitches in recruiting LeBron was bringing Love. Love will be in Cleveland. I am sure right now the Cavs are playing hardball with the Wolves, but come down to it they do make the trade, they are in no rush and neither are the Wolves.

As far as the head coach Blatt saying Wiggins is not being traded, I have NEVER in my years of following sports in ANY sport see a head coach come and say a player WILL be traded, you always stick up for your player, no need to look into it.

I don't think that means anything. I think it comes from a guy that checked the Cleveland Cavaliers box score after every Miami Heat game he played in. Obviously the #1 pick is no afterthought either, but to draw any conclusion from that (including mine) is reading tea leaves.

Confusious
I think he said "assets"
Uh huh. Well, if I were calling the shots, I'd just offer up Wiggins and Waiters for Love and Dieng and call it a night.

Sandman
what are you getting from Boston that is better

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:18 PM
I think he said "assets"

haha.... nicely done

Hawkeye15
For Bennett or Waiters to be "assets", they need to show prior to the trade deadline that they aren't undersized chuckers who don't guard anyone, and someone who can say no to that 19th piece of pizza, and control the paint. Until then (and as Wolves fans, under the Kahn era, where we traded for every cast off under the age of 23 with a 10000000% failure rate), no thanks to those assets..

Slim Tubby

Correct. And now that all of the other top tier free agents are spoken for, Love is the only attainable superstar available. But MIN doesn't have any leverage? CLE is more appealing to Love than LA in FA? Right....

Nikeman
I don't think that means anything. I think it comes from a guy that checked the Cleveland Cavaliers box score after every Miami Heat game he played in. Obviously the #1 pick is no afterthought either, but to draw any conclusion from that (including mine) is reading tea leaves.

I do. Again, for LeBron to neglect Wiggins on that letter means something. Wiggins and LeBron have known each other for years. He has all the hype surrounding him, for LeBron to leave Wiggins off on that letter as a player he plans to mentor means something.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Uh huh. Well, if I were calling the shots, I'd just offer up Wiggins and Waiters for Love and Dieng and call it a night.

Flip is infatuated by Dieng. I think he would literally hold that trade up because of it.

If you threw in Miami's pick, and a future 1st, I would do that trade. Hell, that Miami pick is 3 years from now, and yours is late 20's.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:20 PM
For Bennett or Waiters to be "assets", they need to show prior to the trade deadline that they aren't undersized chuckers who don't guard anyone, and someone who can say no to that 19th piece of pizza, and control the paint. Until then (and as Wolves fans, under the Kahn era, where we traded for every cast off under the age of 23 with a 10000000% failure rate), no thanks to those assets..
Are we suddenly pretending that Kevin Love plays defense now? I'd like to have what you're having, because you are clearly tripping ballz.

likemystylez
07-13-2014, 09:20 PM
I wish the warriors would just throw klay into this deal and end it already

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Flip is infatuated by Dieng. I think he would literally hold that trade up because of it.

If you threw in Miami's pick, and a future 1st, I would do that trade. Hell, that Miami pick is 3 years from now, and yours is late 20's.
I'm infatuated with Dieng too. Will probably be the best late pick in a long, long time. Dudes a beast. Would even consider adding Bennett in there. (Unlike some, I find his value very high.)

I'd do that trade.

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
I have 55,000 posts. Roughly 8% of them have to do with my team.

And nope, any deal not involving Wiggins needs to be rejected. If the Wolves are going to take a big step back, better off sucking huge balls versus taking on overpaid young prospects.

David Kahn killed my team. Time to own up and take it on the chin unless a team is willing to part with a player like Wiggins because they just signed LeBron, who has a 3-4 year window as the best in the game to win a chip.

Homerism? Nah. It's called reality.

Says who? KD is right with him right now and had a better year than him last season.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm infatuated with Dieng too. Will probably be the best late pick in a long, long time. Dudes a beast. Would even consider adding Bennett in there. (Unlike some, I find his value very high.)

I'd do that trade.

So Wiggins/Bennet/Waitors + Miami 1st for Love/Dieng?

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Absolutely. Works for both teams.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dCzWUGrMbQ

God damn, some of those blocks are ridiculous. Dieng has potential and would be an amazing player. He has a couple years to develop behind Anderson V as well, but solves the Cleveland problem of back-up Center.

Question for Cavs fans though, if Wiggins AND Waitors are given up, who starts at SG?

mavwar53
07-13-2014, 09:30 PM
I do. Again, for LeBron to neglect Wiggins on that letter means something. Wiggins and LeBron have known each other for years. He has all the hype surrounding him, for LeBron to leave Wiggins off on that letter as a player he plans to mentor means something.

So from this logic we already know the significant players being delt, wiggins and Bennett for Love.

What I'm looking at is Love and Martin package to whoever gives up the most, the wolves want out of the Martin contract and Bennett and wiggins don't come close to matching salaries since LBJ has already stated according to many that he is playing with TT and waiters. Right?

A deal has already been agreed upon just waiting for them to make it official right? Amazing ..... Start a new thread that this is a done deal because LBJ already said who he is going to mentor.

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Absolutely. Works for both teams.

Minnesota would be getting away with murder if that trade happened.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Minnesota would be getting away with murder if that trade happened.
Gorgui Dieng:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjQ3-SiCEAAzQj5.jpg:large

I do not think so. Dieng is CRIMINALLY underrated and exactly what the Cavs need.

Remember I said this. In a few years, ****** gonna be offering MAX to him and people gonna be like WHO THE ****.

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Gorgui Dieng:

I do not think so. Dieng is CRIMINALLY underrated and exactly what the Cavs need.

Remember I said this. In a few years, ****** gonna be offering MAX to him and people gonna be like WHO THE ****.

Bennett is as well though, I'd bet anyone that guy will be a star.

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Gorgui Dieng:

If you give up Waitors/Wiggins/Bennett and picks for Dieng and Love, your starting and back-up SG's are who?

Slim Tubby
07-13-2014, 09:37 PM
No chance we include Dieng WITH Love in a deal for Wiggins. None. You want Pek, maybe Flip would listen. The sample size we saw of Dieng last year was Motumbo-like. Not comparing the 2 but skill sets are similar.

bucketss
07-13-2014, 09:39 PM
this is my first time hearing of this dieng dude :laugh2:

Nikeman
No chance we include Dieng WITH Love in a deal for Wiggins. None. You want Pek, maybe Flip would listen. The sample size we saw of Dieng last year was Motumbo-like. Not comparing the 2 but skill sets are similar.

Pek is a 18/10 Center right?? I think he has a 12 mill contract though, how the hell does Cleveland get him and Love? Impossible.

Slim Tubby

Can we throw on Rubio and LaVine to even it out, Nike? (JK, bro!)

Nikeman
07-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Can we throw on Rubio and LaVine to even it out, Nike? (JK, bro!)

Lol **** man, I didn't even know of Dieng.. looks very promising

J33Nelson
07-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Maybe the NBA will give the T-Wolves 3 of the next 4 overall #1 draft picks if Kevin Love leaves next year as a free agent. That is what happened when LeBron left Cleveland.

I highly doubt that LeBron will stay in Cleveland for more than the two year contract he signed. He will leave that city like a bad habit again and all the fans will return to the streets and burn his jersey just like last time. That is why I doubt Kevin Love would sign a long term deal with Cleveland. He would probably just sign a 2 year contract like LeBron so he can go back home and play in California after LeBron leaves for a second time.

Confusious
07-13-2014, 09:41 PM
If you give up Waitors/Wiggins/Bennett and picks for Dieng and Love, your starting and back-up SG's are who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dCzWUGrMbQ

God damn, some of those blocks are ridiculous. Dieng has potential and would be an amazing player. He has a couple years to develop behind Anderson V as well, but solves the Cleveland problem of back-up Center.

Question for Cavs fans though, if Wiggins AND Waitors are given up, who starts at SG?
Good question. Not someone currently on the roster. Sign some mercenaries like White Mike and Allen and start whichever one is less terrible. It wouldn't matter.

Varejao/Dieng
Love/TT
Bron/Hopson
Miller/Allen
Kyrie/Dellavedova

Maybe a few plugs here and there. As stands, that is a filthy lineup.

Slim Tubby
07-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Pek is a 18/10 Center right?? I think he has a 12 mill contract though, how the hell does Cleveland get him and Love? Impossible.

Virtually impossible. My point being that Flip sees Dieng as our future AC with more upside and would eventually move Pek to a team that needs an offensive C that already has a defensive PF. OKC would be the perfect fit next to Ibaka.

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 09:43 PM
After reading comments on this forum I have to say that people are really ignorant about both Love and Bennett. One is very underrated and the other is very overrated.

mngopher35
07-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Waiters - 22
Thompson - 23
Bennett - 21

Waiters is solid, but he is the only one who really interests me and Boston has more picks to give with smart (20), james young (18), and they can also can add Olynik (23) or Sullinger (22)

Bennett was a disappointment and while he looks better it is just summer league. Thompson will be due a contract after this season I believe so we could be paying about 15 million for Thompson and Bennett which is not ideal for a team with a lot of average players and meh contracts already.

So to me Boston has Younger talent that is probably better and cheaper and they have better picks to offer as well. Yes you do have some young players to send our way but not to the same extent (unless Wiggins were coming our way in a package). I was saying if we go that route Boston makes more sense.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Says who? KD is right with him right now and had a better year than him last season.

regular season better. But LeBron is the best player on the planet.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Are we suddenly pretending that Kevin Love plays defense now? I'd like to have what you're having, because you are clearly tripping ballz.

when did I say Love was a plus defender?

Fact is, with Love/Bron/Irving, the Cavs would have a legendary offense if they simply surrounded those guys with a couple of floor spacers and guys who could eat up space near the rim on that end.