PDA

View Full Version : WOJ says Carmelo to Knicks is imminent

Pages : [1] 2 3

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Just a matter of hours until Carmelo Anthony informs the Knicks of his return on a five-year deal, as @FisolaNYDN reported this week.

NYJ - NYY
07-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Yippppkayayyyyyy motha****az!!!

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Boooooo

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Damn that sucks. Whatever, it'll be a fun season with more disparity throughout the league

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 01:03 PM
**** yesss

JNA17
Boring. Well at least he gets overpaid. XD

Aust
I guess it's good to have more power spread throughout the East, but I liked the potential Melo fit in Chicago, especially if they grabbed Pau with him. Glad he's staying in the East and glad the east is getting a bit stronger.

DR_1
Lame

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
If he didn't go to Bulls, I'd rather have him in NY with that contract than in Miami

DR_1
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
**** yesss

I dont understand why Knicks fans even want to keep Melo. You need to rebuild.

DarkKnight
07-12-2014, 01:06 PM

2015 , Isn't that far away

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Basically it'll be Melos Knicks vs Lebron Kyrie and k-love vs rose pau Noah vs Paul George David west Roy hibbert

JNA17
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM

The Knicks are so bad that even with Melo they can still get a good draft pick at the end of next season.

DR_1
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM
2015 , Isn't that far away

Lol, and who the heck are they going to get in 2015?

RateSports
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Knicks got that 8 seed on lock

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM
NBA hell for 5 years minimum

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
The Knicks are screwed for a while haha

Crackadalic
Regardless how you guys feel about Melo and whatever contract he gets with us we still have enough cap room for a max next year or to fill out with better starters all around plus moving guys like JR/Pablo is 8 million that can be move next year for more capspace

Melo and this current knicks just have to at least be competitive while building up our other young players on top of our 2015 draft pick we have.

We still have our MMLE and 3 million trade exception to do something for this year

All i know is nxt season in the east will be fun to watch

DarkKnight
Lol, and who the heck are they going to get in 2015?

Marc Gasol

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:10 PM

How can the Kniks rebuild unless Melo is the guy they rebuild around? They traded all of their picks to Denver to get Melo. People need to stop acting like Melo is the problem, he had no help at all throughout the years. I'm sure if Melo played with a prime Wade he could've just as easily won 2 championships just like Lebron did. Not saying Melo is Lebron, nobody is, but Melo is still more than capable to winning at least one Championship before his career is over. He does need help however, and the massive upgrade at the PG position is a great start. The Knicks will have plenty of cap space to get Melo some more help after this season.

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 01:11 PM
we all knew he was about the $$$

ichitownclowni
07-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Was more about the $ than winning

DR_1
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Marc Gasol

Doubt it. Bet he re-signs in Memphis. Even with Marc they aren't doing any real damage.

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM

Says a Chicago fan who would be leaping for joy if Melo joined the Bulls.

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 01:13 PM
How can the Kniks rebuild unless Melo is the guy they rebuild around? They traded all of their picks to Denver to get Melo. People need to stop acting like Melo is the problem, he had no help at all throughout the years. I'm sure if Melo played with a prime Wade he could've just as easily won 2 championships just like Lebron did. Not saying Melo is Lebron, nobody is, but Melo is still more than capable to winning at least one Championship before his career is over. He does need help however, and the massive upgrade at the PG position is a great start. The Knicks will have plenty of cap space to get Melo some more help after this season.

you said it yourself. knicks traded away a ton to get melo and he proved to not be worth it.

and rofl at thinking he's on equal footing with lebron, being able to win 2 titles.
lebron actually plays both ends of the court and distributes to teammates.

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Lmao notice all the people knocking this have Chicago avatars :eyebrow:

ichitownclowni
Cause Melo would help the Bulls? I'd bet 5 grand if this is fer sure that Carmelo Anthony never will win an NBA championship

LAKobeBryant
go to bulls so we can see some stack teams vs stack teams

DarkKnight
Doubt it. Bet he re-signs in Memphis. Even with Marc they aren't doing any real damage.

You got Gasol, power move:up:

DaBear

Well, he pretty much would have right in here. He's going back to a lottery team in the east with no assurance of winning in the near future. His loss

DarkKnight
07-12-2014, 01:16 PM
you said it yourself. knicks traded away a ton to get melo and he proved to not be worth it.

and rofl at thinking he's on equal footing with lebron, being able to win 2 titles.
lebron actually plays both ends of the court and distributes to teammates.

I don't think he's as good as Lebron, but I'm happy as **** LBJ IS in Cleveland . They have some good fans there

Aust
In the NBA you need a guy you can build around. Your top dog, star player. The Knicks got their guy. They'll start building around him with minor moves now and with bigger moves next year when they have a bunch of cap space.

jimm120
NY Bias/hate.

Melo goes to whatever other team, and its something good.
Melo to Knicks and all of a sudden its horrible for him and the knicks.

Melo in Denver: top 10 player.
Melo rumors to Knicks and then on Knicks: Man, he's top 15-top25 player.
Melo to Lakers or Bulls: Man, he's good. He can do so much in those teams
Melo stays with Knicks: guy is bugging. Team will suck. Purgatory.

Chi StateOfMind
07-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Figured he would. Can't blame him, 54 mill is a lot to walk away from. Stop being haters Bulls' fans, makes you look weak. We gotta squad on deck here so relax.

jimm120
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
In the NBA you need a guy you can build around. Your top dog, star player. The Knicks got their guy. They'll start building around him with minor moves now and with bigger moves next year when they have a bunch of cap space.

the main problem in NY was that they started with Amare...who gave 1 MVP like season but then has sucked/been injured.

The root of the Knicks problems start and begin there. Then not opting to amnesty him (justifiable, since he had a really good year...but at least save it for the end of year 2 then).

And then we go and trade a 1st rounder to "get rid of Novak" and 1 extra year at 4 million that he had...and we get back Bargs, who is horrible. Better to have kept Novak for 1 extra year at a low salary than to give away the 1st and take back bargs

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Was more about the $ than winning

You say that, but then again where is this unbelievable team that Melo could've gone to? What team could've given Melo a guarantee chance of winning? The only scenario was if Bosh left Miami and Lebron returned and Melo replaced Bosh, and I'm sure that was an option in Melo's mind. Why do you think Melo waited until he knew where Lebron was going for sure? The point is the Lakers have an old Kobe and what exactly? Don't see how going to LA would give him that much more of a chance than NY. And seriously, what is so darn special about Chicago? Okay Noah's good, very good maybe, but what else? You have a hobbled Rose who is no guarantee to ever return to MVP form. You have some nice pieces, Butler, Gibson, McDeront, etc. but I fail to see how Melo on Chicago was such a slam dunk to winning either.

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Figured he would. Can't blame him, 54 mill is a lot to walk away from. Stop being haters Bulls' fans, makes you look weak. We gotta squad on deck here so relax. exactly you guys have a contender if Rose is healthy with the addition of Pau.

Burkey3472
I feel the Knicks are either going to be looking towards "next year" because they continue to miss out on the big free agents (Aldridge, Love, etc) or they will overpay for a lower star like Rondo or Gasol and be good enough to make it out of round 1 (even in a weak East).

As for Melo taking the money over Chicago, most of us would do the same thing. We aren't talking a few million, we are talking about $50 million. Most players would take the $129 and run with it.

DaBear
Figured he would. Can't blame him, 54 mill is a lot to walk away from. Stop being haters Bulls' fans, makes you look weak. We gotta squad on deck here so relax.

Not hating. I understand it from a money standpoint, but it'll be fun wiping the floor with the Knicks every year

rockets-fan
Bosh and melo couldn't say no to the money. Bosh makes sense since he has two rings but melo? What happened to "time to win now"? I'm sorry Knicks fans but realistically he isn't winning in NY anytime soon

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM

A decent bull's fan. Finally. You guys would do well just gotta make sure D-rose is at least good for the whole season

strahan92osi72
NY Bias/hate.

Bingo.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRTPNxUKHkvfDzaGmKGGNp-SYetZ9OPLbeLXI5DPdCcmVM515hT9O2cKM

DarkKnight

:clap::cheers:

ohreally
07-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Just a bit of an overstatement?

DarkKnight
07-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Bosh and melo couldn't say no to the money. Bosh makes sense since he has two rings but melo? What happened to "time to win now"? I'm sorry Knicks fans but realistically he isn't winning in NY anytime soon

:laugh: Morey make a new deals ? Kidding, as a Knick fan I'm happy where this team is headed. #InPhilItrust

DarkKnight
07-12-2014, 01:24 PM

you never saw Felton aka Krispy Kreme play ? Huge upgrade

ManningToTyree

Just a bit of an overstatement? not if you've seen Ray Felton play basketball it isn't

Aust
the main problem in NY was that they started with Amare...who gave 1 MVP like season but then has sucked/been injured.

The root of the Knicks problems start and begin there. Then not opting to amnesty him (justifiable, since he had a really good year...but at least save it for the end of year 2 then).

And then we go and trade a 1st rounder to "get rid of Novak" and 1 extra year at 4 million that he had...and we get back Bargs, who is horrible. Better to have kept Novak for 1 extra year at a low salary than to give away the 1st and take back bargs

Old FO decisions. You got a new guy in charge now so you could be hopefully that mistakes like those won't be so frequent.

Crackadalic

Raymond Mcscrubton was the fourth worse point guard last season. He makes no Defense Jose look like a allstar. It was that bad last season

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:25 PM

No not really, Felton is the worst PG in the league, Calderon in the right system is top 15.

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 01:25 PM
A decent bull's fan. Finally. You guys would do well just gotta make sure D-rose is at least good for the whole season

there is a Knicks poster who thought it would be cool to play the youtube video of Rose tearing his ACL as a mockery of something a bulls fan posted about Melo. So dont talk about "decent" Bulls fans.

jimm120
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Just look at the contracts others are getting:

Bosh at 23 million
Wade at 20+ million
Irving at 19
Hayward at 16
Parsons at 15
Jordan Hill at 9
Lowry at 12

Melo is better than ALL of those players. And yet people want him for less?

Reality of the NBA: the top 15-20 players get max contracts. Melo, Lebron, etc...they all get max contracts. At least Melo is a top 10 player earning max, unlike other players that are making max and not even top 10 players.

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Raymond Mcscrubton was the fourth worse point guard last season. He makes no Defense Jose look like a allstar. It was that bad last season

Calderon can be a 15 and 8 guy next year IMO, the triangle suits his game perfectly.

NYSpirit1
07-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Basically it'll be Melos Knicks vs Lebron Kyrie and k-love vs rose pau Noah vs Paul George David west Roy hibbert

Really K Love? How are they getting him if they don't trade Wiggins?

Hibbert sucks and Rose is an injured pile of garbage. The East is wide open.

Clippersfan86
07-12-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm not even a Melo fan and I think people take his criticism too far. The only time Melo was surrounded by a balanced, complimentary team was the couple years with Billups/Nene/Kmart, including the sick 2010 squad that went to the WCF. In NY the front office has done a laughably bad job of surrounding him with horrible fitting pieces and bad contracts.

Phil Jackson is already off to a solid start with the trade a couple weeks ago. Tim Hardaway was a great value pick by them in the draft last year and should have a bigger role going forward. Then you have most of their bad cap coming off the books in the next two years. If Melo can be patient with Phil for a year or two, the Knicks can turn this ship around.

One thing the Knicks have going for them is... even when they are bad, players want to play there. It's a huge free agent lull. I can easily see someone like Kevin Love signing in NY next summer. Let's give the new FO/Coaching set up a chance before already calling the Knicks an 8 seed or treadmill team. Are they the best team in the east? Nope. Can they become a legit contender in the conference IF they play their cards right over the next year or two? Yes.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:28 PM

Even without rose, the bulls still clown stomp the Knicks

jimm120
07-12-2014, 01:30 PM

I remember a Milwaukee game (I think) in which post game, the player said, "man, I walked up the court in the final seconds because I didn't want Felton switched off of me, which we know the Knicks switch like crazy". The game was the player hitting a game winning shot. But they knew Knicks would switch if they did something. The guy literally did something so he could have Felton on him for the final shot.

That's how bad Felton was last year.

Appreciate the 2010 he gave us
Appreciate the 2012-13 season he gave us
But 2013-14 season was HORRIBLE. Kind of like his season with Portland.

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:32 PM

I seem to remember splitting the series with you last year, hardly a "clown stomp".

NYSpirit1
07-12-2014, 01:33 PM
NY Bias/hate.

This. x1000. People forget the Knicks won 54 games just LAST season. Yeah, they had a bad year. So WHAT? Our late game execution was the WORST in the league. We were something like 1-33 when down at HALFTIME. We showed no mental toughness, our coach was literally horrid and had a talented roster that won just 37 games. Forget the last minute of games, Mike Woodson had no strategy for play calls what so ever.

Phil made a really nice move and we got Dalembert, whose not much of a downgrade from Chandler and Calderon, whose a huge upgrade from Felton. He's not a star, but he's a game manager that will get the job done. We also picked up two young studs in Cleanthony Early and Shane Larkin.

The Knicks aren't in bad shape. And IF the Pacers lost Stephenson, which it looks like they will and Rose probably never being the same, the East is wide open.

Cavs are incredibly inexperienced (but will be massively elite within a matter of years), the Bulls best player is injury prone and Pacers will be down a man.

The Knicks will be right there with the other teams, especially with a Hardaway Jr./Shumpert improvement and Amare trying to get back to an All-Star level.

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 01:34 PM

and still don't win a championship so it really doesn't matter.

DaBear

I seem to remember splitting the series with you last year, hardly a "clown stomp".

I seem to remember one getting to the playoffs without its best player and one being a lottery team with its best player

chi-townlove1

Lol y'all make me laugh. Hibbert doesn't suck. He had a really bad second half of the season and suddenly he's some terrible player? Not a chance. Can't believe how illogical some people are. And damn your ignorant. "An injured pile of garbage"? Okay.. When the bulls smack the Knicks with or WITHOUT Derrick don't come crying to me.

Crackadalic
there is a Knicks poster who thought it would be cool to play the youtube video of Rose tearing his ACL as a mockery of something a bulls fan posted about Melo. So dont talk about "decent" Bulls fans.

Can't speak for other knick fans but a lot of you guys have be trolling a lot last few weeks.

elledaddy
I get it , the Knicks are shyt and they will win 20 games this coming season but when did the Bulls become this big bad title contender? Not being funny but last year they were MUCH MUCH closer to missing the playoffs then they were to winning a ring.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:35 PM

and still don't win a championship so it really doesn't matter.

A lot closer than the Knicks, that's for sure

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Exactly, that's what people tend to forget and what seems to slip under the radar. When Melo got here, he and Amare were going to be the big, bad duo that was going to go up against the Big Three in Miami and the old MVP type Rose Bulls. The problem is Amare didn't do his part, never held up his end. How in the world is it that is overlooked. Melo has produced three and a half terrific seasons in NY and Amare has been @#$!. How does Amare get a pass while Melo gets criticism, I'm glad somebody else noticed what I've noticed for three years now. The failure is Amare, not Melo.

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Ummm.

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 01:38 PM

right closer, but in the end close doesn't amount to anything.

NYSpirit1
07-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Lol y'all make me laugh. Hibbert doesn't suck. He had a really bad second half of the season and suddenly he's some terrible player? Not a chance. Can't believe how illogical some people are. And damn your ignorant. "An injured pile of garbage"? Okay.. When the bulls smack the Knicks with or WITHOUT Derrick don't come crying to me.

Hibbert doesn't suck?!?! The Pacers are shopping him he was so bad. He scored 0 points 5+ times in the playoffs and averaged 8 points and 4 rebounds the second half of the season. He's terrible and makes $15 million.

Vampirate
Every GM in the Atlantic makes Billy King look like he's a minor league GM.

Knicks have Phil

Raptors have Masai

76ers have Sam Hinkie

Boston has Danny Ainge

All are known for some type of success one way or another or have a clear direction.

Now look at Billy King, that payroll and that Roster.

chi-townlove1
So 6 bad months ruins everything he's ever accomplished as an individual player?

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:40 PM

right closer, but in the end close doesn't amount to anything.

It does if melo wants a ring. He'll never win a ring in ny

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 01:42 PM
It does if melo wants a ring. He'll never win a ring in ny

Right so give up 60 something mill for a chance at a ring?

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Another great contract by the Knicks.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Another great contract by the Knicks.

:laugh:

Crackadalic
So the issue is the last three years when we weren't going to have cap space anyway and Melo making 24 million the year we do have cap space which we have enough cap for a max and movable parts we don't need to make more room

Yeah. No way we build a contender or Eastern conference power 15-16 season. Seems legit

strahan92osi72
Bulls fans=the new Heat fans, except their team is not nearly as good, lmao.

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM
So the issue is the last three years when we weren't going to have cap space anyway and Melo making 24 million the year we do have cap space which we have enough cap for a max and movable parts we don't need to make more room

Yeah. No way we build a contender or Eastern conference power 15-16 season. Seems legit

Just when we finally shut up the loudmouth Heat fans, now we're all gonna be dealing with Bulls fans butthurt because Melo didn't go to their team.

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM

take a poll of America, NY is more hated than Miami Chicago and everywhere else

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:47 PM

Just when we finally shut up the loudmouth Heat fans, now we're all gonna be dealing with Bulls fans butthurt because Melo didn't go to their team.

It's going to be funny when everyone resigns in 2015 and the Knicks have cap space for nothing. Don't say I didn't tell you so, but the Knicks are going to be a doormat for a looong time

Shammyguy3
07-12-2014, 01:48 PM

so Bulls fans are bandwagon fans after signing the best player in the league, retaining a top-5 player in his prime, and also signing a top-15ish player at the time to one team during one off-season only to end up having a Hollywood introduction and getting beat out by a dark-horse DAL team in the Finals as the Heat's two best players mock the Mavs best player for being sick?

yeah, Chicago stands for all of that! :jumpy:

jericho
07-12-2014, 01:49 PM
I dont understand how some of my fellow Knicks fan are happy about this! We are getting back a player that ran out of options because the market kept on shrinking on him. It shrank so much that we were the only option available to him. I dont know about you guys but i dont want a player that doesnt really want to be here. Another thing for the some of the bulls fans you see that it wasnt that easy to sign Melo as you guys thought it was gonna be. We had some leverege and you guys didnt believe it :)

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:49 PM
I can't compare Knicks fans to any other fans. They're in a delusional class of their own

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I dont understand how some of my fellow Knicks fan are happy about this! We are getting back a player that ran out of options because the market kept on shrinking on him. It shrank so much that we were the only option available to him. I dont know about you guys but i dont want a player that doesnt really want to be here. Another thing for the some of the bulls fans you see that it wasnt that easy to sign Melo as you guys thought it was gonna be. We had some leverege and you guys didnt believe it :)

The leverage was offering him way more money than he's worth. Id say he had leverage over the Knicks

Nycbball08
07-12-2014, 01:52 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself...:clap:

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 01:53 PM

take a poll of America, NY is more hated than Miami Chicago and everywhere else yeah Nyers are aware of that thanks for the update lol

jericho
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Btw im on the same boat as some people we should had rebuilt.

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM

The leverage was offering him way more money than he's worth. Id say he had leverage over the Knicks that doesn't make any sense lol

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Around what tho?

DaBear
07-12-2014, 01:56 PM

The leverage was offering him way more money than he's worth. Id say he had leverage over the Knicks that doesn't make any sense lol

Melo got what he wanted. The Knicks had no choice but to offer him the max otherwise he was out in a heart beat

jimm120
07-12-2014, 01:57 PM
melo should drop by the Knicks summer league game and talk with the announcers a little bit.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 01:57 PM
LOL it seems like all the big free agents are really going out of their ways to put themselves in worse positions to win games

stambrose84
07-12-2014, 01:59 PM
:laugh: Morey make a new deals ? Kidding, as a Knick fan I'm happy where this team is headed. #InPhilItrust

Where???
who wants JR?
melo will be 31 and rebuilding takes maybe 3 years?? okay 34 then????... Whatever??

strahan92osi72
melo should drop by the Knicks summer league game and talk with the announcers a little bit.

He's gonna like what he sees out of THJR and Larkin, that's for sure.

ManningToTyree

Melo got what he wanted. The Knicks had no choice but to offer him the max otherwise he was out in a heart beat I didn't realize you were that tight with melo thanks for the info.

Btw contract details aren't official. He is negotiating. Might wind up not taking every penny

DaBear

Where???
who wants JR?
melo will be 31 and rebuilding takes maybe 3 years?? okay 34 then????... Whatever??

Lol exactly this

BcEuAbRsS
07-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Sucks. Knicks have him way too much money though.

Aust
07-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN

Carmelo has notified all teams, including the Bulls, that he is returning to the Knicks.

Finally that's over with.

Pittz
07-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Please be wrong, Woj.

flclfanman
07-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Enjoy the money Melo, but don't you DARE complain about not winning or frustration. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to get alot, but some choose not to.

You made your bed boss, now sleep in it.

jimm120
Where???
who wants JR?

uhmmm....

Melo JUST turned 30. If its 5 years, he's playing

30 yrs 2014-15
31 yrs 2015-16
32 yrs 2016-17
33 yrs 2017-18
34 yrs 2018-19

So, years 30-34.

Considering NBA players are in optimal shape until 32....I'm only "worried" about the last 2 years of the deal.

And the thing with Melo has always been that his game translates well for someone that gets older and losses athleticism.

Look at Dwight now...look at how not dominating he is now (though he's still superb, imo). Its cause he lost some athleticism. The same is expected from Lebron. He won't be the same after year 32 or a major injury.

But with Melo, its always been said that he'd be able to survive well post injury/age and declining athleticism because his game (jump shooting, pull up, fakes) are his forte.

TheNumber37
I think he is going to take a small pay cut. And I do mean Small, because Bosh just signed a 5 year 118 mil deal, and no Way Anthony is signing for less than what Bosh got.

I say he does a round 125 mil for 5 years. I'd be shocked if he signed for less than Bosh. He really should just take 110 mil over 5 years and help the team.

Crackadalic
Where???
who wants JR?

Jr isn't untradable. He only makes 6 mil next season and has a player option anyway so it's his best interest to opt out to get his last deal

With Melo we are not rebuilding but retooling.
Larkin/Shump/THJR/Early plus 2015 draft pick plus 20+ mil in cap space with already a point guard in place.

Just stop it. Even if we miss out the Love and Aldridge of the world all you need is a nice player or two to be a threat in the east

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Yahoo Sources: Carmelo Anthony finalizing 5-year, $120M-plus deal with the New York Knicks. yhoo.it/VXxQIf

Better then taking a supermax

TheNumber37
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
uhmmm....

30 yrs 2014-15
31 yrs 2015-16
32 yrs 2016-17
33 yrs 2017-18
34 yrs 2018-19

So, years 30-34.

Considering NBA players are in optimal shape until 32....I'm only "worried" about the last 2 years of the deal.

And the thing with Melo has always been that his game translates well for someone that gets older and losses athleticism.

Look at Dwight now...look at how not dominating he is now (though he's still superb, imo). Its cause he lost some athleticism. The same is expected from Lebron. He won't be the same after year 32 or a major injury.

But with Melo, its always been said that he'd be able to survive well post injury/age and declining athleticism because his game (jump shooting, pull up, fakes) are his forte.

When I think of Melo, I think of Paul Pierce aging.
He will be effective well into the contract though the last year. His shooting and burden will only be lessened going forward in the triangle offense.
I think Melo wants to finish in the top 10-20 scorer list so he won't stop shooting for a while

Jarvo
07-12-2014, 02:12 PM
We knew he was about the money, But don't be trying to force yourself out if **** dont work out.

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Yahoo Sources: Carmelo Anthony finalizing 5-year, $120M-plus deal with the New York Knicks. yhoo.it/VXxQIf

Better then taking a supermax

Um..what is "supermax" considered to you. Note it says 120+

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Um..what is "supermax" considered to you. Note it says 120+

Better then the full 129. That 1-2 mil difference can net us a nice FA next season

shep33
07-12-2014, 02:16 PM
129 mill? My goodness. Wish he would've taken a pay cut. That contract is going to hurt down the road

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 02:17 PM
He will wind up taking 120 and the 7.5% dip in year two to add flexibility for next offseason

jimm120
07-12-2014, 02:18 PM
5 years, 120 million contract.

So, it wasn't the full max of 5/129

1_team_1_dream
07-12-2014, 02:18 PM
129 mill? My goodness. Wish he would've taken a pay cut. That contract is going to hurt down the road
worry about old injured kobe taking the max lol

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 02:20 PM

Eh not necessary man. Kobe has earned his money at this point.

NYSpirit1
07-12-2014, 02:20 PM
It's kind of funny the Bulls can never land anyone. Not since Jordan.

They lost out on Duncan, T-Mac and Grant Hill in the early 2000s. They lost out on Kobe in the mid 2000s. They lost out on LeBron, Wade, Amare and Bosh in 2010. And now they lost out on Melo.

It's kind of pathetic. But I can't really understand it. Chicago is a great city, the third biggest in the league.

shep33
07-12-2014, 02:22 PM

We're going to suck. Just saying that it's going to hurt down the road. Note the Kobe contract.

But that only screwed us for 2 years.

PurpleLynch
Well,guess he takes the money and hopes that Phil in 3-4 years build a championship team around him.

jimm120
the difference is his sallery going down 7.5 % in year 2 and then back up again.

That's a total of 3.5 million less in year 2...but that decrease affects every year after that. So, he'll end up with 3.5 million less in year 2, and then like 1.5 million less, .5 million less.

So yeah,

22.5 year 1
20 year 2
22.5 year 3
24 year 4
25.5 year 5
total = 120.5

which is better than

Total = 129

Or something like that. You get where I'm going? Don't feel like calculating the exact numbers, but that's the deal

So yeah...he took that 7.5 decrease in year 2 and kept the 7.5 increase every year after

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 02:24 PM
When I think of Melo, I think of Paul Pierce aging.
He will be effective well into the contract though the last year. His shooting and burden will only be lessened going forward in the triangle offense.
I think Melo wants to finish in the top 10-20 scorer list so he won't stop shooting for a while

This, I too see Melo aging more like a Paul Pierce/Tim Duncan as opposed to Dwyane Wade/Penny Hardaway. A lot will have to do with next offseason when Amare and Bargnani are definitely off the books. Guys like Rondo, Love, M. Gasol will be drawn to NY a lot more than the Bulls hating fans are saying. They will have the chance to play for the Zen Master's team, be Melo's sidekick, and still be able to make a lot of money. Not too shabby at all.

1_team_1_dream
07-12-2014, 02:24 PM
He still talks about wining championships they offered melo the max? who is to say melo with marc casol , shump, tim hard and jose caldaron is not better then kobe on his last legs and melo?

1_team_1_dream
07-12-2014, 02:26 PM
We're going to suck. Just saying that it's going to hurt down the road. Note the Kobe contract.

But that only screwed us for 2 years.
we are screwed for 1 year. you think phill can not get a second star next year ex marc casol an aldridge

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 02:29 PM
I'll be the first to say, the Knicks are f'd for a year. Next year this time, look out. Gonna be Knicks cavs for years to come in the east. This was our chance, and it didn't happen

DR_1
07-12-2014, 02:32 PM
you never saw Felton aka Krispy Kreme play ? Huge upgrade

Krispy Kreme? :laugh: Harsh lol

NYSpirit1
07-12-2014, 02:36 PM
I'll be the first to say, the Knicks are f'd for a year. Next year this time, look out. Gonna be Knicks cavs for years to come in the east. This was our chance, and it didn't happen

I don't think we're 'f'd'. We'll win 45-50 games.

But you're right in the sense that I can't imagine them not landing one of Aldridge, Love, Rondo or Marc Gasol. Hopefully they can clear enough space to sign two of them.

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 02:39 PM

But you're right in the sense that I can't imagine them not landing one of Aldridge, Love, Rondo or Marc Gasol. Hopefully they can clear enough space to sign two of them.

I think they'll get rondo and Aldridge. I think love will stay in Cleveland, IF they get him this year. I doubt there's any taking him away from the trio.

BcEuAbRsS
07-12-2014, 02:40 PM
If the Knicks add Rondo and Gasol in 2015 I'll be rather impressed and understand a bit more why Melo stayed.

InRoseWeTrust
07-12-2014, 02:40 PM

I think they'll get rondo and Aldridge. I think love will stay in Cleveland, IF they get him this year. I doubt there's any taking him away from the trip.

Aldridge has already said he's re-signing with Portland next season when he can get a longer extension. Love is going to move this offseason, as well.

MoisesFTW
07-12-2014, 02:42 PM
The sodium levels by bulls fans is incredibly high
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cnvrtble.gif

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 02:43 PM

I think they'll get rondo and Aldridge. I think love will stay in Cleveland, IF they get him this year. I doubt there's any taking him away from the trip.

Aldridge has already said he's re-signing with Portland next season when he can get a longer extension. Love is going to move this offseason, as well.

I know Aldridge said that, but we all know what money is capable of doing. If anything rondo and gasol.

jmartin80
07-12-2014, 02:43 PM
One of the most frustrating things for me is following all these rumors with nothing happening again. I had my hopes up... This one was even worse then all the KG rumors years ago. Grats to the Knicks. See you in the playoffs.

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 02:44 PM

Idk about 50. The east as a whole has gotten much better in terms of talent being spread out. It won't be easy.

chitownbulls
07-12-2014, 02:46 PM

LOL, you're not winning more than 41 games. You lost your defensive stud and top rebounder in chandler. Who's gonna play defense? Who's gonna rebound? Do you seriously believe Derek fisher is going to be successful right away? Don't get me wrong, he'll be good eventually but even Kidd needed a learning curve. You guys are screwed for this season. But next year IF you get Marc gasol(I believe the only realistic possibility the Knicks have) you may be a top 3 seed in the east

MoisesFTW
07-12-2014, 02:54 PM
LOL, you're not winning more than 41 games. You lost your defensive stud and top rebounder in chandler. Who's gonna play defense? Who's gonna rebound? Do you seriously believe Derek fisher is going to be successful right away? Don't get me wrong, he'll be good eventually but even Kidd needed a learning curve. You guys are screwed for this season. But next year IF you get Marc gasol(I believe the only realistic possibility the Knicks have) you may be a top 3 seed in the east

LMAO... Chandler defensive stud...:laugh:

Dade County
07-12-2014, 02:54 PM
If he didn't go to Bulls, I'd rather have him in NY with that contract than in Miami

Why?

I'm just asking.

But I thought super teams were bad.

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 02:58 PM
LMAO... Chandler defensive stud...:laugh:

He's not a Knick anymore, what did you expect? Of course on PSD he's now a "defensive stud" instead of an overrated, overpaid bum.

valade16
07-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I know Aldridge said that, but we all know what money is capable of doing. If anything rondo and gasol.

Good thing Portland can offer more money than NY then...

Without Love and LMA the 15 FA class doesn't look that impressive, and certainly nothing to bank on an instant contender haul.

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Defensive stud? We paid him 14 mil to play 55 games a year and be ok on defense sometimes. I've seen enough from this defensive stud.

We still rank 24th in Def Eff with this defensive stud :rolleyes:

NYKINFL
07-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but Tyson hasn't been good on defense for the last two seasons, and this is coming from a Knicks fan that supported Tyson.

shep33
07-12-2014, 03:16 PM
we are screwed for 1 year. you think phill can not get a second star next year ex marc casol an aldridge

I hope they get Aldridge, but who knows. I'm just looking at the free agent class for next year and it's not looking too strong.

There have been reports that Aldridge is going to sign a max offer with Portland. Marc is going to be tough to get away from Memphis cause the Gasol's love it there. Love is going to get traded to Cleveland or Golden State.

It's honestly not that enticing as people think next year. I think they can get Rondo if he's not traded by Ainge.

I am hoping for NY or LA to make a push at Durant in 2016

DR_1
07-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I hope they get Aldridge, but who knows. I'm just looking at the free agent class for next year and it's not looking too strong.

There have been reports that Aldridge is going to sign a max offer with Portland. Marc is going to be tough to get away from Memphis cause the Gasol's love it there. Love is going to get traded to Cleveland or Golden State.

It's honestly not that enticing as people think next year. I think they can get Rondo if he's not traded by Ainge.

I am hoping for NY or LA to make a push at Durant in 2016

Durant is even less likely to leave than LMA and Marc.

smith&wesson
07-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Melo should go to miami

Wade,Melo,Bosh vs Lebron, Irving, Wiggins. = epic ecf's

strahan92osi72
07-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Melo should go to miami

Wade,Melo,Bosh vs Lebron, Irving, Wiggins. = epic ecf's

Melo isn't turning down all that money to play with a washed up Wade and Bosh, who is a low post scorer, we all saw how well Melo's game meshes with a low post scorer, Amare. Bosh would only get in his way, just like Amare did.

mudvayne387
07-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Knicks will be a 4-6th seed in the east this year. I don't think some of you realize just how terrible Felton and Chandler were for the Knicks last season. If they can get limited production out of either Bargs or Stat, then they will be win their fair share of games.

shep33
07-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Durant is even less likely to leave than LMA and Marc.

Not so sure. If he doesn't win, I could see him test the market. OKC doesn't like to spend as much as teams like NY or LA.

If we're being realistic, NY, BKLYN, LA, wouldn't have let Harden go like OKC did.

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
So 6 bad months ruins everything he's ever accomplished as an individual player?
The logic is great at times haha. He had a bad 2nd half. Yet somehow he's total garbage :shrug:

chitownbulls
07-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Defensive stud? We paid him 14 mil to play 55 games a year and be ok on defense sometimes. I've seen enough from this defensive stud.

We still rank 24th in Def Eff with this defensive stud :rolleyes:

Well you're not helping your case, 24th In defensive efficiency, and which big man of yours is better than chandler defensively? He may not be the same, but it's not like you guys have any sort of defensive presence down low. You're going to live and die by your offense.

Captain Moroni
07-12-2014, 03:50 PM
we all knew he was about the $$$

everyone is all about the $$$ don't foo yourself

Captain Moroni
07-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Offseason moves arent over.....new team new system lets relax a bit.

Captain Moroni
07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Just watch, all the Bulls fans that were drooling over Melo hours ago are now joining the "melo sucks" bandwagon.
"We didn;t really want him anyway.

Captain Moroni
07-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Knicks will be a 4-6th seed in the east this year. I don't think some of you realize just how terrible Felton and Chandler were for the Knicks last season. If they can get limited production out of either Bargs or Stat, then they will be win their fair share of games.

AND, PJAX is not going to stand for mediocrity. This team is a 3-5 seed team right now, lets wait and see where they are when the dust settles.

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Well you're not helping your case, 24th In defensive efficiency, and which big man of yours is better than chandler defensively? He may not be the same, but it's not like you guys have any sort of defensive presence down low. You're going to live and die by your offense.

Dude Chandler is an expiring and on the decline. 62/66/55 Those are the games he played in three years with us. For 14 million it's not worth it. The drop off on defense will show but not so much.

We got what we can in assets for him and will have to live with who ever we have as center for now unless the zen master surprises us again

Kashmir13579
07-12-2014, 03:59 PM

LMAO... Chandler defensive stud...:laugh: dpoy and all defensive first team. Da fuq you on about?

Kashmir13579
07-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Dude Chandler is an expiring and on the decline. 62/66/55 Those are the games he played in three years with us. For 14 million it's not worth it. The drop off on defense will show but not so much.

We got what we can in assets for him and will have to live with who ever we have as center for now unless the zen master surprises us again its was a good trade, but it's sick how under-appreciated Tyson is by some of us. He is one of the greatest Knicks to ever wear the uniform. I wish him another ring with Dirk and crew.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:08 PM
**** yesss

Why would you want to rebuild with one of the best scorers in the league as one of your pieces? Lol

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Just watch, all the Bulls fans that were drooling over Melo hours ago are now joining the "melo sucks" bandwagon.

I think 40 other of your girls posted this in this thread already

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:11 PM

I think 40 other of your girls posted this in this thread already

Don't make it any less true. Suck it up and move on champ.
You guys got drose. He might actually make it through the season . ( fingers crossed)

DaBear
07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
I just think it's sad how happy Knicks fans are when they're still a pretty bad team. I guess Melo means that much to them.

FTR, I won't bad mouth Melo. He's a good player and I can't blame him for taking advantage of the desperate Knicks.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:18 PM
I just think it's sad how happy Knicks fans are when they're still a pretty bad team. I guess Melo means that much to them.

FTR, I won't bad mouth Melo. He's a good player and I can't blame him for taking advantage of the desperate Knicks.

Your acting like your taking the higher road but your clearly taking cheap shots....

The Knicks team and fans have fully embraced a proper rebuild.
And having melo on the team to properly build around is why Knicks fans are happy about his resigning .

It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to see that your just an idiot making stupid comments when you know exactly why Knicks fans are happy...

It's even sadder that the reason for your post is because your soar he didn't go to Chicago...

And even sadder is that Chicago has probably already seen it's best team of this generation a couple years ago.

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Your acting like your taking the higher road but your clearly taking cheap shots....

And having melo on the team to properly build around is why Knicks fans are happy about his resigning .

It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to see that your just an idiot making stupid comments when you know exactly why Knicks fans are happy...

It's even sadder that the reason for your post is because your soar he didn't go to Chicago...

And even sadder is that Chicago has probably already seen it's best team of this generation a couple years ago.

talk is cheap, the Knicks have always been the Bulls ***** and nothing you say can refute that.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Exactly, talk is cheap and I was all in with those Knicks teams that couldn't get past the greatest player of all time.

But your talking about 20 years ago...

I'm talking about NOW... So keep living in the past MCFLY

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 04:28 PM
the Knicks are and always have been an embarrassment. Just look at the standings last year ace.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:32 PM
the Knicks are and always have been an embarrassment. Just look at the standings last year ace.

You have nothing you can say to me that will change anything.

Especially when you bring up the past.
It has zero to do with anything, and will not change a thing, except it apparently is the way your choosing to choosing to cope with this whole situation

I've been a knick fan for a very long time and in fully aware of our history.

Which is why knick fans are holding out hope that Jackson can HELP turn everything around.
And all signs so far have pointed to that...

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 04:34 PM
its was a good trade, but it's sick how under-appreciated Tyson is by some of us. He is one of the greatest Knicks to ever wear the uniform. I wish him another ring with Dirk and crew.

I appreciate his first season here but for what he was brought here for it's not worth it.

Im team first player second. Till I see one of these mofos bring us a chip I won't have any attachment with any of these players even for the guys I root for

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:35 PM
I mean if you really want to bring up the past the fact that you have Derrick rose on your team is proof positive that Chicago has been absolutely nothing before and since Jordan.

And you have yet to floor a team that can win a title with drose which is why you wanted melo so bad... I get it.

But don't fault Knicks fans for rooting being happy that he didn't leave.

All jokes and critiques aside, melo makes a team better, point blank

DR_1
07-12-2014, 04:36 PM

I don't think Melo sucks at all, but I do think he made a mistake if he wants to win. Can you fault us for being dissapointed?

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:38 PM

I don't think Melo sucks at all, but I do think he made a mistake if he wants to win. Can you fault us for being dissapointed?

Definitely not.
Melo to bulls makes them a hell of a team.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I mean if you really want to bring up the past the fact that you have Derrick rose on your team is proof positive that Chicago has been absolutely nothing before and since Jordan.

And you have yet to floor a team that can win a title with drose which is why you wanted melo so bad... I get it.

The bulls have done more with rose than Knicks have with melo. Bulls > Knicks as usual

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 04:43 PM
You have nothing you can say to me that will change anything.

Especially when you bring up the past.
It has zero to do with anything, and will not change a thing, except it apparently is the way your choosing to choosing to cope with this whole situation

I've been a knick fan for a very long time and in fully aware of our history.

Which is why knick fans are holding out hope that Jackson can HELP turn everything around.
And all signs so far have pointed to that...

Don't respond to Holydiver bro, he just constantly talks **** about other teams.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:46 PM

The bulls have done more with rose than Knicks have with melo. Bulls > Knicks as usual

Lol... Your technically not right. I mean, the Knicks did win their division the season before last.
And as far as I'm concerned you can win all 82 games but if you didn't win a title, then you have jack **** to brag about.

So YashBoone > DaBear

DaBear
07-12-2014, 04:46 PM

It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to see that your just an idiotmaking stupid comments when you know exactly why Knicks fans are happy...

Don't throw insults and make yourself look stupid in the process.

ohreally
07-12-2014, 04:47 PM
I don't see how the Knicks have really improved unless Cleanthony turns out to be the best player in the draft. Phil is Phil, and he will be the coach behind the scenes, but it's a new system, a brand new bench coach, and while I always thought Chandler's defense was overrated, he is better than Dalembert over a long term and a better rebounder. Felton is bad, but Calderon isn't that much of an improvement. Defense is bad, with Pablo a year older, Calderon, TH Jr., Bargnani, Amare, all awful and Melo just slightly above that though often just as bad.

It is still early in the offseason, but as it stands I don't see any real improvement overall. Next year? Seems to me Rondo is the only real chance of a get, and Ainge is not going to sit idly by and let him get to that point either. Marc almost certainly stays in Memphis, Aldridge stays in Portland, Love is most likely off the boards this summer or soon after.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Agreed ... In fact, take your own advise. Your original post that I quoted is pure ignorance.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Anyways, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the Knicks are still a garbage team, but it's hard for delusional Knicks homers like yourself to see that

DR_1
07-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Why would you want to rebuild with one of the best scorers in the league as one of your pieces? Lol

Because you won't be able to build around him in his prime. By the time you are finished he will be 34/35.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Agreed ... In fact, take your own advise. Your original post that I quoted is pure ignorance.

Like saying we've seen the best team of our generation isn't. I can't wait til we wipe the floor with you again over and over

JordansBulls
07-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Bad decision by Melo here, he should have made the choice and came to Chicago with chances of being able to win now. Now by the time the Knicks are able to win, the Cavs will be there as well and then Melo's shot at winning will be gone. At least any shot of winning with him as the best player on the squad will be.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Anyways, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the Knicks are still a garbage team, but it's hard for delusional Knicks homers like yourself to see that

Again, your ignorance just shows through post after post. Like you can't even read.

I have yet to see a knick fan post , including " homers" such myself
That the Knicks are gonna be great or deny that we are basically in a rebuild stage.

Your just upset, I get it. Lashing out aggressively is the first sign ... It's ok man.
You still have drose

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:54 PM

Like saying we've seen the best team of our generation isn't. I can't wait til we wipe the floor with you again over and over

What does it mean if you don't win a title?

I do believe it. Before drose got hurt the first time, I thought bulls were a shoe in to win the title. In fact, I think they even had the best record in the east... That's pretty much as good as your gonna see ... In my opinion

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 05:01 PM

We? You aren't on the Bulls bro.. you get no credit if they beat the Knicks sorry.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 05:01 PM

Again, your ignorance just shows through post after post. Like you can't even read.

That the Knicks are gonna be great or deny that we are basically in a rebuild stage.

Your just upset, I get it. Lashing out aggressively is the first sign ... It's ok man.
You still have drose

Yup. I'm a little upset, but well still in the thick of things and you won't. Melo will never win in ny

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Bad decision by Melo here, he should have made the choice and came to Chicago with chances of being able to win now. Now by the time the Knicks are able to win, the Cavs will be there as well and then Melo's shot at winning will be gone. At least any shot of winning with him as the best player on the squad will be.

So your saying the bulls isnt winning a title this year

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 05:03 PM

You still have drose

Yup. I'm a little upset, but well still in the thick of things and you won't. Melo will never win in ny

Ok

smiddy012
07-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Sucks to be Melo for the rest of his career...

mudvayne387
07-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Yes right up until Rose blows out his ACL, Noah gets run down from playing too many minutes, and Thibs loses the locker room because people grow tired of his scratchy voice ...

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Sucks to be Melo for the rest of his career...

Yup, sucks to be making 100+ million dollars in 5 years, Melo is a failure in life for not taking close to a 40 million dollar paycut to play in Chicago, yup, what an idiot.

If there is anyone Bulls fans should be mad at, its their cheap ownership. The second Melo said that he was considering Chicago last night, Boozer should have been amnestied.

The cheap ownership of Chicago didn't amnesty Boozer because they didn't want to pay someone 17 million dollars not on the roster... how sad is that

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine about 4 hours ago
Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has long resisted idea of sending Boozer away via amnesty. So Chicago continues to chase sign-&-trade for Pau

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 05:07 PM
when melo is the one talking about winning now, yeah, he's gonna get critiqued for choosing the knicks, instead of a contender like the bulls or houston.

Just look at the contracts others are getting:

Bosh at 23 million
Wade at 20+ million
Irving at 19
Hayward at 16
Parsons at 15
Jordan Hill at 9
Lowry at 12

Melo is better than ALL of those players. And yet people want him for less?

Reality of the NBA: the top 15-20 players get max contracts. Melo, Lebron, etc...they all get max contracts. At least Melo is a top 10 player earning max, unlike other players that are making max and not even top 10 players.

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 05:08 PM
NY Bias/hate.

negative. stop playing the "everyone hates us" victim card.
melo on the knicks = losing situation as witnessed last season
melo on bulls, contenders

Abel Ye
07-12-2014, 05:10 PM

Contenders of what the ECF?

cssdmark
07-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Sounds like easy wins for the Knicks.

cssdmark
07-12-2014, 05:13 PM

We will finish ahead of the dinosaur led heat

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Joe Cowley @suntimes_hoops about 19 minutes ago
Worth reiterating, if Love is traded and Aldridge re-signs, Phil's promise of stars coming to NY next season is a lemon. #enjoyMelo

Everyone knows it, but Melo went for the money, but you can't fault him for leaving 40+ million guaranteed on the table, I think closer to 50.

jericho
07-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Around what tho?

Dude it's a rebuild. Since when do you need a star player to rebuild. All you got to do is start from scratch get young players and draft picks. Stockpile on assets and then execute the proper trades to get the players that we need that for our system.

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 05:17 PM

so you pay your players for past accomplishments while hurting the team going forward? which GM school did you go to?

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 05:18 PM
that's an opinion. not a fact.
one thing you are forgetting. melo is fat.

uhmmm....

30 yrs 2014-15
31 yrs 2015-16
32 yrs 2016-17
33 yrs 2017-18
34 yrs 2018-19

So, years 30-34.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Lol... Your technically not right. I mean, the Knicks did win their division the season before last.
And as far as I'm concerned you can win all 82 games but if you didn't win a title, then you have jack **** to brag about.

So YashBoone > DaBear

Um, the last time the Bulls had Rose for a full season(yes, I know that was three years ago) they had the best record in the league and made it to the ECF. The Knicks haven't done either of those things with Carmelo.

Kashmir13579
07-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Blahblahyoutoo, sucks to be u right now. I bet.

NYRaiderLove
07-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Lol bulls fans mad af

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Here's been my question all along...

Ny got phil mid last season, with really his "plan" being to set in to motion this off season.
He has completely acknowledged that it will be a process, but the ultimate goal being rings in ny, but he wants to build the team right..

So, lets just say, melo signs with bulls, takes that 50 mil pay cut to do so ( which no one here would ever do ) and the bulls compete but ultimately don't win the championship ...

Year 1 of pay cut to win rings, down.

Knicks continue to improve. And Compete

Bulls following season same thing.

Year 2 of pay cut to win rings in the books.. .

I could continue to go on like this. And I realize it purely hypothetical , but also perfectly plausible.

My point is that Melo choosing rings over money is not as black and white as some would like it to seam.
So why not take the money, while also giving Phil the chance to build something great in ny with him? I mean Phil is widely respected as one of the greatest basketball minds in the game, and has taken a couple of other superstars careers to new heights.

NYKnickFanatic
07-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Money > rings, in the end.

blahblahyoutoo
07-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Blahblahyoutoo, sucks to be u right now. I bet.

nope, not at all. why would u assume that?

jericho
07-12-2014, 05:25 PM
I dont understand how some of my fellow Knicks fan are happy about this! We are getting back a player that ran out of options because the market kept on shrinking on him. It shrank so much that we were the only option available to him. I dont know about you guys but i dont want a player that doesnt really want to be here. Another thing for the some of the bulls fans you see that it wasnt that easy to sign Melo as you guys thought it was gonna be. We had some leverege and you guys didnt believe it :)The leverage was offering him way more money than he's worth. Id say he had leverage over the Knicks

Naw you just don't get it. You guys were saying that we had no leverage at all that if Melo wanted to leave you guys could have signed him outright by just using the amnesty clause on Boozer. It never happen. You guys also said that you didn't have to give us anything in return to get him. Guess what if you look at all the reports they say that the bulls were trying to work on a sign and trade for Melo that would have gotten him max money and I'm sure that Paxon was low balling Phill and Phill wasn't taking his offers that's why the bulls went after Gasol. Now Melo with no other options left since Rockets stopped chasing after him, lakers shift their focus to 2016 and all other teams out he was left to just sign with the Knicks. Sucks cuz I don't want him here to begin with and worst for max money. He just a ball hog selfish guy that only cares about his stats. Yeah not all Knicks fan are on Melos nuts lol

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Um, the last time the Bulls had Rose for a full season(yes, I know that was three years ago) they had the best record in the league and made it to the ECF. The Knicks haven't done either of those things with Carmelo.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

YAY!!! Then what?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-12-2014, 05:29 PM

YAY!!! Then what?

He's been injured and the Bulls have still been more successful than the Knicks in that time sense:shrug:

NYRaiderLove
07-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Great coaching goes along way. Without Thibedu that team would have crumbled. Obviously Thibs is way better than that shmuck Woodson.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 05:35 PM
He's been injured and the Bulls have still been more successful than the Knicks in that time sense:shrug:

I mean, I just don't get your point.... You walked in to an discussion with another poster because he is calling knicks fans sad for being happy about melo resigning.

I mean i could argue that they haven't been more successful since .. They were a first round exit twice and a second round exit ... But even that is getting away from my original point.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I would like to throw this out there too ... I think the bulls without melo and WITH deng is a way better team but they got rid of him.

Sometimes teams just need to be together and healthy for a while before they win.

SeoulBeatz
07-12-2014, 05:38 PM

Well Melo would instantly make the Bulls a top 2 seed in the East.

That lineup is the perfect defensive compliment to shield Melo's weaknesses and allow him to do what he does best, score.

Whereas in NYC, they have no supporting cast to speak of nor any young prospects who truly compliment his game.

They are banking on free agency in 2015.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 05:45 PM

YAY!!! Then what?

Knicks fans don't seem to understand that. They're truly stupid

Holydiver
07-12-2014, 05:53 PM
We? You aren't on the Bulls bro.. you get no credit if they beat the Knicks sorry.

just went through one page of your post history and already found multiple "WE" about the Heat

hypocrite

Great post Dally, good to see you.

But don't you think we could get better then Nelson/Hinrich for the MLE?

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Knicks fans don't seem to understand that. They're truly stupid

still doesn't mean **** !!!

Hey everyone , let go back in time and bring up when the bulls were a 4th seed and lost in the 1st round ....

See what I did there...... The past makes zero difference to your or my original post....

Way to be a grown up jim.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:00 PM
It took him long enough.

BobbyHillSwag
07-12-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm mad it took him this long to make the best choice he can make. I think he's crazy for not taking the full 129 but at least he's getting paid

DarkKnight
07-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Good for Melo , took a little less. Also I trust Phil , instead of some hack beat writer, and a few psd posters :laugh:

bucketss
07-12-2014, 09:35 PM
with bron going to cleveland, melo doesn't need to team up now the east is open , heat,cavs,pacers, and now knicks depending on what other players they sign can all have a shot to go to the finals.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:48 PM
The East is wide open!

theanswer418
07-13-2014, 01:29 PM
What do yall think about this ?

slashsnake
07-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Smart move for him financially.

DarkKnight
07-13-2014, 01:55 PM
it's cool not the Max, we shall see what the Zenmaster has instore

lamzoka
07-13-2014, 02:00 PM
In before PSD goes back to bashing Melo

cheetos185
07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
He deserves it

MelanconMadness
07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Trust PJ, a competitive team in 2015-2016

NYJ - NYY
07-13-2014, 02:03 PM
He will be an overrated chucker again in 15 mins again according to the rest of the nba fandom

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2014, 02:04 PM
so this is the massive paycut knicks fans were talking about

Confusious
07-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Fat stacks.

BklynKnicks3
07-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Bulls lakers rockets mavs you have offically been jack zen"d

DarkKnight
07-13-2014, 02:11 PM

they all didnt want him , you'll see :laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2014, 02:14 PM

correct.

MelanconMadness
07-13-2014, 02:15 PM
He doesn't deserve the money, but Chris bosh does

P&GRealist
07-13-2014, 02:16 PM
I just think it was everybody's waste of time to provide him with his attention whore cross country tour. All of this waiting for basically nothing. Had the Knicks FO tied down, they probably could have made more moves prior to him resigning to attract both him AND Pau.

Also, the fact that he was waiting for LeBron to make his decision first all along basically signaled to me that he is not the A+ player that Bron is, he's more in the B range. He's an A type skill quality player with a B+ mentality and approach. I mean guys like Deng and Ariza and these other guys who were 2nd and 3rd tier free agents were waiting for Bron to be the first domino to fall, not sure why Melo basically incorporated himself into that group.

Vinylman
07-13-2014, 02:17 PM

as a laker fan i am glad we dodged this immense bullet

InRoseWeTrust
07-13-2014, 02:18 PM

1) I think it's pretty clear we all wanted him.

2) If by "zen jacked", you mean outbid with basically a max contract that Melo said in February he wasn't going to take, then yes. We got "zen jacked."

nycericanguy
07-13-2014, 02:19 PM
so this is the massive paycut knicks fans were talking about

I honestly never saw even ONE Knick fan say Melo was taking a massive paycut... are you just making that up to troll?

P&GRealist
07-13-2014, 02:22 PM
He doesn't deserve the money, but Chris bosh does

Meh, Bosh is a 2x champion.

I'm hoping Melo gets a ring but I just don't see it.

Once CLE eventually ends up with Love.

In the East:

CLE: Kyrie, Bron, Love (and maybe even Wiggins if that 3 way rumor is true)

MIA: Bosh, Wade, Deng, McBob

Wiz: Pierce, Beal, Wall, Gortat

Bulls: Rose, Pau, Noah, Taj

Nets: Deron, Joe, KG, Lopez

Pacers: PG, Lance, DWest, Roy

Hawks: Horford, Korver, Milsap, Teague

Are all way better than what Melo, Calderon, Amare and Shump and scrubs have with the Knicks.

NYMetros
07-13-2014, 02:23 PM
I feel bad for him because he just blew his chance to go down as a top 50 player all time, probably. Could've gone to top 40 or 35 if he won himself a couple rings.

strahan92osi72
07-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Awesome, that's step one. Next year Melo should get some help, until then Amare has to play the way he did the last 20 games of last season. He averaged 17PPG and 7RPG in that span once Woodson finally started playing him. If he can average that, the Knicks will make some noise this year. He should get a fresh start under Fisher in the Triangle.

MelanconMadness
07-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Meh, Bosh is a 2x champion.

I'm hoping Melo gets a ring but I just don't see it.

Once CLE eventually ends up with Love.

In the East:

Nets: Deron, Joe, KG, Lopez

Pacers: PG, Lance, DWest

Hawks: Horford, Korver, Milsap, Teague

Are all way better than what Melo, Calderon and scrubs have with the Knicks.

Bosh isn't a 2x champion, the heat were in the time that he was there. He's a good player, but let's not sit here and pretend that team is the same without lebron

Confusious
Of all the teams that were interested in Carmelo and lost out on him, not one of them are going to rue his decision in two years. He's a fantastic scorer, but it's not like he's a generational talent.

Pacers: PG, Lance, DWest

Are all way better than what Melo, Calderon and scrubs have with the Knicks.
It isn't true, and it would be silly to assume that we'll have Love without giving up Wiggins. Not unless Cleveland waits until the deadline, and Kevin is adamant on only being traded to the Cavaliers. Which will force the Wolves hand and they'll have to take whatever we give them.

I actually kind of like that idea moreso than acquiring Love immediately. It allows us the chance to see what these young kids can do alongside Bron. Most particularly, I see Bennett blowing up this year, so it might be wise to hang onto him, and throw Waiters and picks in Minny's direction at the deadline.

BklynKnicks3
He didn't take max left about 7-10 mill I'll wait for u to name a prime star that took much less

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-13-2014, 02:28 PM
What do yall think about this ?

He'll rot in New York and will never win a single ring. Guys an idiot if you ask me.

DarkKnight
07-13-2014, 02:28 PM
wait now Bosh is a 2x champion, lets see the Heat w/o LBJ lol. I think with Phil running things , the Knicks will be a much better "team"

RLundi
07-13-2014, 02:29 PM
He didn't take max left about 7-10 mill I'll wait for u to name a prime star that took much less

That's only an average of like a million or 2 per year. Let's not pretend like he gave the Knicks some huge hometown discount. Hell, he might as well have taken the max.

I wonder how his contract is structured.

InRoseWeTrust
07-13-2014, 02:29 PM

Reports are he took 122, right? So he left about 7 million on the table over 5 years. So that's what, 1.2 million a year on average?

The difference is those "prime stars" didn't give a speech to the media about how they were completely willing to sacrifice money to win. You're a Knicks fan, I know you've heard/read the interview with Carmelo from the all star break this year.

RLundi
07-13-2014, 02:30 PM
He'll rot in New York and will never win a single ring. Guys an idiot if you ask me.

Was he an idiot when the Lakers were courting him?

DarkKnight
07-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Of all the teams that were interested in Carmelo and lost out on him, not one of them are going to rue his decision in two years. He's a fantastic scorer, but it's not like he's a generational talent.

It isn't true, and it would be silly to assume that we'll have Love without giving up Wiggins. Not unless Cleveland waits until the deadline, and Kevin is adamant on only being traded to the Cavaliers. Which will force the Wolves hand and they'll have to take whatever we give them.

I actually kind of like that idea moreso than acquiring Love immediately. It allows us the chance to see what these young kids can do alongside Bron. Most particularly, I see Bennett blowing up this year, so it might be wise to hang onto him, and throw Waiters and picks in Minny's direction at the deadline.

I agree why give up Wiggins, If he says Cavs or nothing. He'll be a Cav

xxplayerxx23
07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
That's only an average of like a million or 2 per year. Let's not pretend like he gave the Knicks some huge hometown discount. Hell, he might as well have taken the max.

I wonder how his contract is structured.

Prob something like
Year-1 max
Year-2 7.5 decrease
Year-3 7.5 increase
Rest max increases I would guess

diu9leilomo
07-13-2014, 02:33 PM
raptors are still getting that atlantic div champ :)

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Over/under 1.5 years till he demands a trade?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2014, 02:35 PM

5 years 126 was his max

xxplayerxx23

Yeah that idiot making 122 million in a 5 year span, if only I was that much of an idiot. Simple
If he wins a ring in ny he will be seen as one of the best in Knicks history glad you can tell the future and tell me the Knicks won't get a ring in the next 5 years, you have the next lotto numbers pm me them.

xxplayerxx23
5 years 126 was his max

5 year 129 was his max.

DarkKnight
07-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Over/under 1.5 years till he demands a trade?

because he has before ? you do know 2015 theres plenty of cap space