PDA

View Full Version : Does Lin get to the ASG via Ballots now?

Hellcrooner
07-12-2014, 08:56 AM
He already had the Support from China voters and now he adds up the support of Lakers fans worlwide wich is one of the strongest fanbases out there.

Add up that with the Awful roster he is bound to have some flashy plays and 30+ points games here and there being hiped up in the media frequently because of what his new Jersey is.

Does this win him enough votes to ensure the travesty of him being in the asg?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-12-2014, 09:36 AM
he will be a starter :laugh:

flclfanman
07-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Will be the worse ASG starter since....post prime Iverson?

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes. This was my thought exactly. He's in a huge market that will get him tons of votes, and he already has a boat load of votes. Plus, I expect that he will actually get the ball a fair bit. Kobe will dominate, obviously, but if there isn't anybody else, then you might as well let the point guard run plays.

That said, I am really curious to see how Marshall could develop. His passing game was as good as Stockton some nights.

GrumpyOldMan
07-12-2014, 09:57 AM
I dont mean to be rude, but it doesn't matter to me who plays in the All-Star Game. It's a glorified exhibition game that doesn't matter. If more fans want to see Lin in it than anyone else then give the fans what they want.

FOXHOUND
07-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Yes. This was my thought exactly. He's in a huge market that will get him tons of votes, and he already has a boat load of votes. Plus, I expect that he will actually get the ball a fair bit. Kobe will dominate, obviously, but if there isn't anybody else, then you might as well let the point guard run plays.

That said, I am really curious to see how Marshall could develop. His passing game was as good as Stockton some nights.

:eyebrow:

I like Marshall, but I think that's a bit much lol.

Lin-Marshall
Kobe-Young

Decent backcourt, pending Kobe's health. But missing out on all of these big FAs means that Kobe will have a heavy work load, he needed a breather to ease back in and end up in a place where he didn't have to do everything every night.

IndyRealist
07-12-2014, 11:31 AM

Teams also had to respect Stockton's jumper. Not so with Marshall.

NYSpirit1
07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
The Lakers are like the Knicks of 2005. Seriously.

They're so dumb. They just signed Jordan Hill and Nick Young to moves that will take up $15 million of next years cap. Those two are worth about $6 million combined.

They have Kobe for $25 million and Randle for about $4 million.

You know what that means? It means the Lakers will be a complete no factor in next years free agency. They won't have enough money for even just one max contract (since they'll have about $46 million tied up after cap holds). Let's say the cap rises to $66 million. That's $20 mil.

Who the hell is going to want to join old man Kobe, Jordan Hill and Nick Young with NO other assets?

Wow... Kupchak has gone full ******.

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 11:56 AM

They're so dumb. They just signed Jordan Hill and Nick Young to moves that will take up $15 million of next years cap. Those two are worth about $6 million combined.

You know what that means? It means the Lakers will be a complete no factor in next years free agency. They won't have enough money for even just one max contract (since they'll have about $46 million tied up after cap holds). Let's say the cap rises to $66 million. That's $20 mil.

Who the hell is going to want to join old man Kobe, Jordan Hill and Nick Young with NO other assets?

I thought Kobe was a free agent next off-season.. Though my guess is either now that he's been paid, he'd take a 1-2 year deal for less, go overseas, or retire.

But even if he was on the books for 25 mil for the 2015 season...

You'd get the same sell as NY is offering Melo today. Hey, we are a free agent and coaching mecca. This city will make you millions more in endorsements, you get to spend winters in southern California rather than Minnesota, and as soon as Kobe's contract comes off the books next year guess where the top available free agent is probably heading? To buddy up with you for a decade.

Shaq didn't come here because LA had Del Harris coaching Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel with Elden Campbell on a monster deal. He came to LA because he knew that LA can put it's stars in a position to win not 1, not 2, not 3.... Kareem didn't come to LA for a past his prime Goodrich on the way out, and Cornell Warner. He came there to be on a team that would put him in a position to win not 1, not 2, not 3. Kobe fell in the draft by promising he'd go overseas rather than play for someone other than LA. He didn't do that to throw away millions on that rookie contract. He knew he'd make it back in endorsements and win not 1, not 2 not 3...

That would be my pitch if I was selling a free agent. That the Lakers will be back up at the top soon, with or without you. And most likely it is true.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-12-2014, 12:17 PM

you dont know anything lmao

shep33
07-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Hill has a team option for year 2, so he's more than likely coming off the books next year. Young makes 5 mill per, which isn't bad at all, doesn't JR make more? And JR is pretty awful. The Lakers will basically have expirings of Nash, Hill, Lin, and perhaps even Boozer. Nash, Lin and Hill are about 30 mill of the cap next year. We also have Randle and a first from Houston to trade if need be.

We're two years away from making a real splash in free agency. We'll also have more cap room than the Knicks and a 31 year old Carmelo making roughly the same as Kobe.

So I don't know where your getting at

kobe4thewinbang
07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Why in the blue hell are the Lakers taking on Lin's horrendous contract? He's not a scrub, but 15 million and that poison pill clause?! Why not pursue someone else instead of Lin? I know they need a PG, but damn...did not expect them to go for someone like Lin.

Blitzace137
07-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Why in the blue hell are the Lakers taking on Lin's horrendous contract? He's not a scrub, but 15 million and that poison pill clause?! Why not pursue someone else instead of Lin? I know they need a PG, but damn...did not expect them to go for someone like Lin.

It makes a ton of sense Lakers aren't goin to be contenders next season, Lin is a quality player plus your getting a first rounder which is the reason they took Lin on in the first place.

Blitzace137
07-12-2014, 12:38 PM
I could see Lin put up 17-20 PPG and 6-8 APG if he's the starter, if that the case I wouldn't be surprised if he was the asg starter.

TheNumber37
07-12-2014, 12:46 PM
They will change the rules, I'm sure

And he won't start because Chris Paul also plays in LA

Aust
07-12-2014, 12:50 PM
No, better players will be voted in.