PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger: Hypocritical or Not?

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:33 AM
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or talked/debated about. If so, please delete and accept my sincerest apologies.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/danny-granger-mcroberts-miami-heat-lebron

This is a little old news and definitely not going to be talked about especially since LeBron James left back to Cleveland, but I kind of laughed to myself when I read this.

Danny Granger Tweets: I could care less who won between the bulls and the heat... I'd prob root for chi anyways.. The heat tryin to be the Yankees of the NBA smh

After the Mavericks beat the Miami Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals.

Danny Granger Tweets: I feel like we just won the chip haha... So happy that Dallas beat Miami!!!

What do you think his motive was by joining the Heat? Is he a hypocrite? Does he still sign with Miami Heat?

raiderposting
07-12-2014, 03:52 AM
Tbh Danny granger is irrelevant at this point. It should be a non issue

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:55 AM
Tbh Danny granger is irrelevant at this point. It should be a non issue

I wouldn't say it's an "issue". His relevancy or irrelevancy is actually irrelevant to it being hypocritical or not. :p

raiderposting
07-12-2014, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't say it's an "issue". His relevancy or irrelevancy is actually irrelevant to it being hypocritical or not. :p

I meant a non issue as in I don't think anyone in the world cares. Not putting you on blast for the thread but just saying lol. Danny granger and anything he says is an afterthought.

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 04:12 AM
Lol I think it's funny

bucketss
07-12-2014, 04:14 AM
lmaooooo!!!!!!!!!! what a goof.

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 04:34 AM
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or talked/debated about. If so, please delete and accept my sincerest apologies.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/danny-granger-mcroberts-miami-heat-lebron

This is a little old news and definitely not going to be talked about especially since LeBron James left back to Cleveland, but I kind of laughed to myself when I read this.

After the Mavericks beat the Miami Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals.

What do you think his motive was by joining the Heat? Is he a hypocrite? Does he still sign with Miami Heat?
He was a conference rival, of course he was going to talk crap. Once the Pacers got rid of him the Heat were no longer a rival. Pretty simple.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 05:09 AM
He was a conference rival, of course he was going to talk crap. Once the Pacers got rid of him the Heat were no longer a rival. Pretty simple.

If you look at the context, it has nothing to do with being rivals (as you right, they were when he was with Indiana). He specifically says they are trying to be the Yankees of the NBA (teaming up and getting the best players together on one team) only to try to do the same thing years later.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 05:10 AM
I meant a non issue as in I don't think anyone in the world cares. Not putting you on blast for the thread but just saying lol. Danny granger and anything he says is an afterthought.

I agree with you; no one will ultimately care. It is funny (as he didn't get to team up with a bunch of all stars) and I'm curious if I'm missing something here or if it's that he's just a big hypocrite.

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Granger is a scrub now. Proved that in LA. I think he was speaking for pretty much all non heat fans though in saying what he did. Just like any time the Yankees lose, everyone loves it except for Yankees fans

IndyRealist
07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
As others have said, it's a non-issue because Granger is not relevant anymore. With him not being a "star" it doesn't really matter if they are trying to be the Yankees or not.

And you missed the most obvious answer, that the Heat were the best/only team to offer him a contract. You can't fault a player who is on the downturn of his career for finding the best spot to play.

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 11:55 AM
If you look at the context, it has nothing to do with being rivals (as you right, they were when he was with Indiana). He specifically says they are trying to be the Yankees of the NBA (teaming up and getting the best players together on one team) only to try to do the same thing years later.
I wouldn't say that Granger did the same thing. Yes he's going to the Heat however its not like he's in his prime and joining other superstars in their prime. Granger is well past his prime and hasn't been close to the same player he used to be for about the last two years. He's joining a team that has another star player that is well past his prime. At this point in their careers Granger and Wade are basically role players. Bosh is the only one that is still in his prime. So its not really the same situation.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Has he officially signed yet? He might still back out of it

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2014, 03:50 PM
You come back from a serious injury, it can take a while to get back to form. Not saying it will happen, but it very well could happen.

He signs with a team after being traded/released, and that team knows he will bolt in free agency, so they give most of their minutes to the guys who are sticking around.

Now he's got a season under his belt, some time to rest and going forward to a new team, he can excel hopefully.

As to being a hypocrite, I'd say know. He really valued loyalty and wearing the same jersey his entire career, and that team he was loyal to traded him for a scrub because he was struggling after coming back from an injury. It hurt the Pacers, and Granger's view's on loyalty obviously have changed now.

Miami is a good place for him to prove himself.