PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol going to Chicago

Aust
07-12-2014, 01:55 AM
@WojYahooNBA 19s
Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Apparently the Lakers are working on a S&T with the Bulls for him and he wants to get this done before he goes to Barcelona for vacation.

Great move by Chicago. That team looks good.

Dade County
07-12-2014, 01:57 AM
If true, this might deliver Melo.

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 02:02 AM

Isola said this almost gaurentees melo stays in ny.... Ik he's a ny homer but I think he's right , they won't have $ for both even if la takes boozer correct?

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 02:03 AM
https://twitter.com/fisolanydn/status/487836998757920768

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2014, 02:05 AM
If rose is healthy and can actually play they are looking good on paper

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Isola said this almost gaurentees melo stays in ny.... Ik he's a ny homer but I think he's right , they won't have $ for both even if la takes boozer correct?

This could be for the MLE and/or a possible S&T like Woj mentioned which would clear cap space.

*Superman*
Good move for the Bulls. Just need Rose to stay healthy!

bucketss
they should have amnesty that bum boozer.

Aust
07-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Pau has virtually closed the deal with Chicago and plans to pass the medical examination before returning to Barcelona in the coming days.

Do they have the space for Melo?

Clippersfan86
Love the fit! Takes another good player out of west.

Shammyguy3
they should have amnesty that bum boozer.

as opposed to waiting to see if they could use him as a $ filler in a sign & trade scenario since he's an expiring... yeah, they totally should've amnestied that bum!!! :rolleyes: which, technically they still have time to do anyway.

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Way >>>>>Boozer

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 02:11 AM
If Melo and Gasol, Noah is going to have to be superman on defense. But great line-up on paper.

Also, East is getting stronger. Broke the Miami trio to 2 teams, Bulls better.

bucketss
07-12-2014, 02:12 AM
Way >>>>>Boozer

who's way?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-12-2014, 02:13 AM
Noah + Gasol is nasty. Both excellent passers

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Idk if this scares me with the melo situation ... I just want it to be over with if he leaves I don't want it to be like lebron today on espn

Swift Game
07-12-2014, 02:17 AM
Happy for Pau and the Bulls.

This team will keep Lebrun from another title at least next season especially if they get Melo.

Shammyguy3
07-12-2014, 02:18 AM
If Melo and Gasol, Noah is going to have to be superman on defense. But great line-up on paper.

Also, East is getting stronger. Broke the Miami trio to 2 teams, Bulls better.

Melo's just as good as Dunleavy on defense, and Gasol's better than Boozer. No big difference in Noah's task, and Thibs' help/rotation philosophy even covered up Boozer defensively this past season. I'm not worried about defense with Thibs, ever

Aust
07-12-2014, 02:19 AM
Melo's just as good as Dunleavy on defense, and Gasol's better than Boozer. No big difference in Noah's task, and Thibs' help/rotation philosophy even covered up Boozer defensively this past season. I'm not worried about defense with Thibs, ever

This. Thibs will make it work.

lakerboy
07-12-2014, 02:22 AM
It's like all the teams that were waiting for Melo decided to just move on. WTF happened there.

*Silver&Black*
07-12-2014, 02:23 AM
This. Thibs will make it work.

I'm not doubting Thibs. Just Melo hasn't changed in his entire time being in the league. Then again, we are talking 'what if' with Melo on the Bulls. I think the Bulls would be better without him. If Rose is healthy.

abe_froman
07-12-2014, 02:25 AM
dunno how feel about this

gasol is def better than boozer,but he's been declining hard the past few years and it scares me going forward

force_within
07-12-2014, 02:26 AM
they're working to complete an agreement, not yet finalized tbh..anything could still happen..let's see

jerellh528
07-12-2014, 02:28 AM
He would fit in perfectly. Nice move for chi if true

thechom80
07-12-2014, 02:29 AM
It's like all the teams that were waiting for Melo decided to just move on. WTF happened there.

Must have been known he was/is resigning in NY.

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Need the details of the deal to know how it changes the Bulls Melo position.

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 02:36 AM
I see Nash going there as well if this is a sign and trade and Pau getting at least 9-10 million.

bulls_world23
07-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Then flip Nash+Gibson+Butler and a few picks for Melo

Vinny642
07-12-2014, 02:44 AM
teams looks decent, but it all depends on Rose's health.

shep33
07-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Bulls can just amnesty Boozer and sign Pau. No need for a trade

smiddy012
07-12-2014, 02:48 AM
This actually makes me feel better if we don't get Melo, cuz out front court would be incredibly nasty with Gasol, Taj, Noah, & Mirotic.

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Bulls can just amnesty Boozer and sign Pau. No need for a trade

I think the owner is reluctant to pay a guy not to play.

shep33
07-12-2014, 02:54 AM
I think the owner is reluctant to pay a guy not to play.

Yeah, don't get why they're so cheap there.

D1JM
07-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Yeah, don't get why they're so cheap there.

Because the bulls dont want to lose their exceptions.

Captain Moroni
07-12-2014, 02:58 AM
If Pau is signed Melo is not signing with the bulls.

shep33
07-12-2014, 03:00 AM
I don't understand Melo. What on Earth is he waiting for?

Chi StateOfMind
07-12-2014, 03:01 AM

I have to agree. But who knows.

Vinny642
07-12-2014, 03:03 AM
I have to agree. But who knows.

Its been reported he is going back with the Knicks if that happened.

D1JM
07-12-2014, 03:04 AM

He hasnt signed. Sanchez in his article said they r waiting for a deal to happen and for the lakers/bulls to work out the sign and trade

NYK_kidd77
07-12-2014, 03:05 AM

To get his money and his destination of choice lol.

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2014, 03:05 AM

Yea they barely had enough money for Melo before they got Gasol. With Gasol there is no way they can afford Melo.

Chi StateOfMind
07-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Its been reported he is going back with the Knicks if that happened.

From who Isola? Dude is a joke, I'll believe my daughter telling me Melo isnt coming before him.

NoSleepTill
07-12-2014, 03:10 AM
He and LaLa got married July 10th. Maybe they are still celebrating their anniversary and won't announce till Monday. Or he could be waiting for the Lebron stories to die down so he can have his "Melo Day". Of course this is my pure speculation not facts.

Vinny642
07-12-2014, 03:16 AM
From who Isola? Dude is a joke, I'll believe my daughter telling me Melo isnt coming before him.

Smh

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:37 AM
This actually makes me feel better if we don't get Melo, cuz out front court would be incredibly nasty with Gasol, Taj, Noah, & Mirotic.

I would trade Taj for a really good SG, but you're right... that is a beautiful front court rotation.

numba1CHANGsta
07-12-2014, 03:41 AM
As a Laker fan, I don't mind him going to CHI just as long as he didn't go to a Western team

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 04:30 AM
I think he's seriously conflicted on if he wants to stay I'm his hometown and take the money or sign with Chicago where he'll have a legit shot at a title.

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 04:43 AM
I think he's seriously conflicted on if he wants to stay I'm his hometown and take the money or sign with Chicago where he'll have a legit shot at a title.

lmao no dude was waiting on pau expect melo to resign tomoro if melo wanted chi town he could have signed already

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 04:47 AM
lmao no dude was waiting on pau expect melo to resign tomoro if melo wanted chi town he could have signed already
That's possible and I understand that you think there is no way in hell your favorite player could ever think of going anywhere else but it happens. Labron and Heat fans (especially on this board) are a perfect example of that. Its very possible the Melo may find another team and city more desirable.

Chi StateOfMind
07-12-2014, 04:47 AM

Ok vice versa. If he wanted NY and that fat contract whats the holdup?

NoreastSports
07-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Ok vice versa. If he wanted NY and that fat contract whats the holdup?

I think he waiting to see who goes where, Idk why he would resign and get whooped every year by the cavs and bulls, and at this point pacers and heat too. unless he just wants the money. but then How dedicated of a player is he if he resigns knowing he cant beat those teams

Avenged
07-12-2014, 05:03 AM
At least he stays away from the Spurs.

Method28
07-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Bulls are one of the few teams I feel would really benefit from taking Jamal Crawford from the Clips. Would fit in very nicely and is only getting paid slightly over 5 mill.

Sssmush
07-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Phil's "meh" attitude about Carmelo makes Melo look ridiculous the more he drags this out.

LoL if Carmelo signs it will be even worse. Phil will just pat him on the shouldet and say "ok, I guess we've had our fun, we got that out of the way, now we can get back to work."

Sssmush
07-12-2014, 05:41 AM
Also, I am a Laker fan and hoping for a good Pau sign and trade. But Pau is worthless on the court if you ask me. Honestly Boozer seems more productive night in and night out.

Pau is a dog with fleas. Just my two cents yo.

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Way >>>>>Boozer
IMO, the difference is not so vast. Both have passed their prime, losing athleticism yet retaining their skill set.after a year or two, Gasol will regress as much as Boozer does now. Gasol is just slightly better with soft passing skills.

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 06:23 AM
as opposed to waiting to see if they could use him as a $ filler in a sign & trade scenario since he's an expiring... yeah, they totally should've amnestied that bum!!! :rolleyes: which, technically they still have time to do anyway.
didnt they do that already?

Hellcrooner
07-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Also, I am a Laker fan and hoping for a good Pau sign and trade. But Pau is worthless on the court if you ask me. Honestly Boozer seems more productive night in and night out.

Pau is a dog with fleas. Just my two cents yo.

Lakers
Bulls
Spurs
Thunder
Heat
Warriors
Mavs
Hawks.
Knicks.

thats 1/3 of the league that have made pitches to him with even some stars like Durant , melo and Westrbook personally going to l.a to talk to him , and People like Phil, Riley making personal pitches too.

Must be the most wanted Dog with fleas in history.

:rolleyes:

GrumpyOldMan
07-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Can Pau be flipped to the Knicks as part of a S&T for Melo? If Melo wants a max contract it would have to be through S&T right? Boozer would have had to be gone to allow for that and Bulls would rather move him than buy him out. Phil Jackson probably has a pretty good level of comfort with Gasol working in the triangle. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see the Knicks go after Marc Gasol next offseason. Having Pau there already would be a good start. I just dont know if there is a rule stopping the Bulls from flipping Gasol this soon after trading for him. If they can, I could see Pau + Butler and/or a pick for Melo. Just a thought.

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Eric Pincus @EricPincus about 3 hours ago
The Bulls can't pay Pau more than MLE without a S&T or Boozer amnesty - and also paying Mirotic an issue that may cost more than BAE

Boozer has to be apart of the sign and trade to make this happen and also sign mirotic. Problem is the lakers have to have more money under to cap to do this and the only fesiable way is to trade Nash as well

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Can Pau be flipped to the Knicks as part of a S&T for Melo? If Melo wants a max contract it would have to be through S&T right? Boozer would have had to be gone to allow for that and Bulls would rather move him than buy him out. Phil Jackson probably has a pretty good level of comfort with Gasol working in the triangle. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see the Knicks go after Marc Gasol next offseason. Having Pau there already would be a good start. I just dont know if there is a rule stopping the Bulls from flipping Gasol this soon after trading for him. If they can, I could see Pau + Butler and/or a pick for Melo. Just a thought.

Only in a trade by himself but not in combination with other players. Once he is sign and trade to the bulls it pretty much eliminates melo going there unless they want to strip more players to get him

beasted86
07-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Need the details of the deal to know how it changes the Bulls Melo position. Doesn't.

If the Bulls could have used the amnesty on Boozer and not had cap space to offer him the max, why would they add the salary of Gasol and be able to offer the max?

One way our another Bulls need to dump a bunch of players. This seems more like a Boozer for Pau swap, then they will go after a lower free agent like Stephenson or Ariza, which would still improve the team a lot.

smiddy012
07-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Either the Bulls plan to pull a rabbit out their hat, or Gasol's arrival indicates Melos already decided on NY.

xxplayerxx23
07-12-2014, 07:57 AM
So let me get this straight the bulls get pau which takes up most of Their cap space but now gain leverage in a sign and trade when Phil has said he will not do it. Melo could only sign for like 8-10 mill :laugh2: melo will be in ny if this goes through

torocan
07-12-2014, 08:02 AM
And the NBA sighs a sigh of relief that Pau isn't going to the Spurs....:phew:

xxplayerxx23
07-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Only thing I can think of is if they gave up dunleavy boozer and taj. And if pau took like 6 mill then they could offer like 16 mill range? But why would LA do that they supposedly don't want to take on much salary past this year.

D1JM
07-12-2014, 08:17 AM
@EricPincus: Math works pretty well -Lakers in theory can trade Pau for $9.3 mil for Dunleavy/Brewer/Amundson/James - cut all but Dunleavy then Lin, etc

xxplayerxx23
07-12-2014, 08:23 AM
@EricPincus: Math works pretty well -Lakers in theory can trade Pau for $9.3 mil for Dunleavy/Brewer/Amundson/James - cut all but Dunleavy then Lin, etc

How would that help you guys with melo?

zn23
07-12-2014, 08:28 AM
I would rather have him than the team cancer Carmelo. Great move by Bulls.

DR_1
07-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Pau would be pretty chill, but we haven't signed him yet. Remember Bosh and Houston were also working towards a deal.

Jarvo
07-12-2014, 08:59 AM
:( should have came to The Spurs, Oh well.

He's a good fit in Chi Town and I hope Melo wakes the **** up and follow there also.

JordansBulls
07-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Definitely good for Chicago as the Wizards bigs were too much for Noah alone.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csnc hicago.com%2Fbulls%2Freport-bulls-close-gasol-could-end-carmelo-chase&tw_i=487836738169995264&tw_p=tweetembed

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 09:16 AM
How would that help you guys with melo?

With that they still have boozer to do a sign and trade but would have to add another player to match what carmelo wants in terms of money

Linkels
07-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls
Don't forget, if #Bulls sign Pau for $5 mil & send Taj's mil somewhere else, they have $20 mil in cap space for Melo and Knicks get nothing.

flclfanman
07-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Don't forget, if #Bulls sign Pau for $5 mil & send Taj's mil somewhere else, they have $20 mil in cap space for Melo and Knicks get nothing.

All depends on the Gasol signing numbers.

Regardless of what happens, if we can't sign Melo, it's all on him.

A simple VERBAL commitment and I guarantee you Garpax would have worked out a deal for both him and Gasol and (maybe) Taj. Now if he goes back to the Knicks he'll look like a fool that was played by the Zen-master.

Also, I'd laugh if PJ took the max off the table with most of Melos' suitors out of the picture. I mean what will Melo do, sit out the season?

SPURSFAN1
07-12-2014, 09:43 AM
paul is going to the spurs. u heard it here first.

nysportsfan23
07-12-2014, 09:50 AM

Pau ain't signing for 5 million.
Butler is not going to be thrown away for nothing. Bulls wouldn't consider him in a melo trade, now he's useless?
Who is this clown?

FOXHOUND
07-12-2014, 09:51 AM

That's a big if, being that he's turning down the full MLE from teams, which is $5M and change. That also requires amnestying Boozer, dumping Dunleavy, dumping Taj for $0. A lot of if's in that tweet, and not too much knowledge about the cap.

Dumping those three would put them at $38M for 6 players, add in the cap holds for 9 players and you have an additional $4.9M roughly. Now we're at $42.9M, so Pau even at $5M means $47.9M. Then you can offer Melo $15.4M in year one.

:p

FOXHOUND
07-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Pau ain't signing for 5 million.
Butler is not going to be thrown away for nothing. Bulls wouldn't consider him in a melo trade, now he's useless?
Who is this clown?

Absurd and incredibly stupid to withhold Butler in any Melo talks. I like Butler, but he's not that good. He's practically just the SF version of Shumpert, for them to act like he's a deal breaker is just dumb. Wouldn't want him anyways, in a SnT deal I'll take Boozer + Dunleavy expiring contracts for the $19.8M, plus McDermott, plus the rights to Mirotic and Sac's first.

But I would rather just keep Melo, and hopefully that will happen.

nysportsfan23
07-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I meant Gibson for nothing. Rushed my thoughts after reading the insane concept.

Linkels
07-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Absurd and incredibly stupid to withhold Butler in any Melo talks. I like Butler, but he's not that good. He's practically just the SF version of Shumpert, for them to act like he's a deal breaker is just dumb. Wouldn't want him anyways, in a SnT deal I'll take Boozer + Dunleavy expiring contracts for the $19.8M, plus McDermott, plus the rights to Mirotic and Sac's first.

But I would rather just keep Melo, and hopefully that will happen.

Plus McDermott Plus Mirotic Plus Rose Plus Noah.We will throw in Thibs as well. You crazy if you thinking you getting both Mirotic and McDermott.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-12-2014, 10:11 AM
paul is going to the spurs. u heard it here first.

Chris Paul?

Lol are you basing your assumption off of the Tspence guy? Spurstalk was hilarious last nightm

SPURSFAN1
07-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Chris Paul?

Lol are you basing your assumption off of the Tspence guy? Spurstalk was hilarious last nightm

I'm still awake. hahhaaha

torocan
07-12-2014, 10:29 AM
That's a big if, being that he's turning down the full MLE from teams, which is $5M and change. That also requires amnestying Boozer, dumping Dunleavy, dumping Taj for $0. A lot of if's in that tweet, and not too much knowledge about the cap.

Dumping those three would put them at $38M for 6 players, add in the cap holds for 9 players and you have an additional $4.9M roughly. Now we're at $42.9M, so Pau even at $5M means $47.9M. Then you can offer Melo $15.4M in year one.

:p

It doesn't necessarily mean amnestying Boozer. Since Bosh flaked on Houston, in theory Houston could get in the mix and take on Boozer's salary + other players. This would allow them to match Parsons, they'd have a $17M expiring contract to use in a potential trade down the line, and they could also snag other players and future picks.

Normally Morey wouldn't even look at such a deal, but with Parsons on a clock it may actually be possible to get Morey to take such a deal just to salvage the off season.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
07-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Bulls fans will remember July 12th, 2014.. Either as the best day of this franchise free agency wise, or the day the franchise started its downward spiral. I think we get melo AND pau today.. hope im right

Aust
07-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 5m

Bulls, of course, have option of releasing Carlos Boozer via amnesty clause by July 16 to make room to sign Pau Gasol outright. But ...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 4m

Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has long resisted idea of sending Boozer away via amnesty. So Chicago continues to chase sign-&-trade for Pau

I wonder if Chicago can land Melo. That would be an entertaining team to watch.

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Bulls fans will remember July 12th, 2014.. Either as the best day of this franchise free agency wise, or the day the franchise started its downward spiral. I think we get melo AND pau today.. hope im right

That's some wishful thinking. But I hope your right

Aust
07-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 4m

Just a matter of hours until Carmelo Anthony informs the Knicks of his return on a five-year deal, as @FisolaNYDN reported this week.

Welp

WITZ
07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
One of those big guys not gonna get big minutes between Noah, Pau, Gibson & Mirotic suppose its not a bad problem having depth.

loyalChiTownFan
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Bulls are one of the few teams I feel would really benefit from taking Jamal Crawford from the Clips. Would fit in very nicely and is only getting paid slightly over 5 mill.

I agree. If they miss out on melo they have to find a good SG. IMO he fits everything they need out of their SG.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-12-2014, 01:44 PM
If it comes down to Pau signing with the Bulls or Spurs for MLE I wouldn't see why he would pick Chicago.

Minutes could be the issue, but with Duncan a year older one would think Pop could find plenty minutes for Gasol.

Method28
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM
If it comes down to Pau signing with the Bulls or Spurs for MLE I wouldn't see why he would pick Chicago.

Minutes could be the issue, but with Duncan a year older one would think Pop could find plenty minutes for Gasol.

Touches and quality of life as he likes it

mbsalame123
07-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Melo has agreed to return to new york, just go look at espn or hoopshype or anywhere so gasol to chicago is about to happen in a possible sign and trade with the lakers for possibly mike dunleavy and then they can amnesty carlos boozer and spend that money on someone like a lance stephenson or to get some help on the wing and resign hinrich and augustin.

Aust
07-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 2m

ESPN sources say Lakers will delay official signing of Nick Young until AFTER Pau Gasol talks play out. Pau sign-and-trade must happen first

We're still waiting on signing our draft picks too which sucks because they won't be able to play in the summer league.

nysportsfan23
07-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Is this happening or not? Second thoughts?

Aust
07-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Is this happening or not? Second thoughts?

Should be done at some point today.

nysportsfan23
07-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Will boozer still be amnestied?

savvy1803
07-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Should be done at some point today.

Ramona is echoing this as well .

chi-townlove1
07-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Will boozer still be amnestied?

Pending on whether it's a sign and trade or not

Jarvo
07-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Sorry Bull fans I hope talks fall apart so he can come to The Spurs lol but it's looking like you got him.

NFLNBA
07-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Gasol to SA would be scary! Gasol could start in place of Splitter.

Parker
Green
Kawi
Gasol
Duncan

Manu
Splitter
Boris

Sssmush
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Lakers
Bulls
Spurs
Thunder
Heat
Warriors
Mavs
Hawks.
Knicks.

thats 1/3 of the league that have made pitches to him with even some stars like Durant , melo and Westrbook personally going to l.a to talk to him , and People like Phil, Riley making personal pitches too.

Must be the most wanted Dog with fleas in history.

:rolleyes:

Yeah that's a really good argument, I don't have a real answer for that.
Maybe Dantoni misused him, but Pau has seemed somewhat underwhelming since Phil's last season as Lakers coach.

All I know is I would take Bargnagni and a first in a heartbeat for Pau, even if he wasn't unrestricted. He might have a resurgence with the Spurs or Bulls that would be great.

THE MTL
07-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Phil Jackson with the steal lol

rockets-fan
07-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Rumor is, Rockets/Bulls/Lakers talking 3 way trade.

Lakers getting picks
Rockets getting Boozer
Bulls getting Pau

Not sure the validity of the source but that's the rumor out there

Aust
07-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Rumor is, Rockets/Bulls/Lakers talking 3 way trade.

Lakers getting picks
Rockets getting Boozer
Bulls getting Pau

Not sure the validity of the source but that's the rumor out there

Love this for all 3 teams.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ‏@WojYahooNBA

Pau Gasol move to Bulls matter of sign-and-trade that could get him $10M per year, or straight signing for $6.5M range, sources tell Yahoo.

It's going to be a S&T. He isn't going to leave that money on the table.

JordansBulls
07-12-2014, 04:57 PM

Spurs have enough already, the East needs to be better than it has been.

Confusious
07-12-2014, 04:58 PM
This move is about seven years too late...

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:07 PM

That would just as big of screw job to the Knicks as to what Bosh did to Houston.

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:12 PM
This move is about seven years too late...

Agreed. When they tried to get him from Memphis on like two occasions they were unable to offer Memphis the expiring contract like Kwame Brown's that they wanted and the Lakers were able to offer Pau's brother on the cheap. Gasol from '07-'08 would have been the perfect fit on this particular team. He still will be able to work well with Noah. I am assuming they are keeping Jo at the 5 and Gasol slips in at the 4.

mbsalame123
07-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Now it looks like the rockets aren't even involved in the trade, I wonder what will happen? If Gasol comes over in a sign and trade or if he accepts the $6.5 mill then that could be huge for the bulls as they can then amnesty boozer, trade dunleavy away and have money to go after someone like lance stephenson.

But we'll see... honestly boozer to the rockets would be nice but I can understand why the rockets don't want to be involved either.

LAKobeBryant
07-12-2014, 05:14 PM
sign and trade deal involving houston can get them boozer maybe? might not be that bad since they need a post player

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:19 PM
sign and trade deal involving houston can get them boozer maybe? might not be that bad since they need a post player

Plus Howard and Boozer are friends so that helps in getting Houston interested after losing out on Bosh.

NFLNBA
07-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Boozer has a HUGE contract that the Rockets cant absorb though right?

Aust
07-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Bulls in the process of finalizing a free agent deal with Pau Gasol. Will not be a sign-and-trade with Lakers, sources told ESPN.

He seriously going to leave that much money on the table to sign w/Chicago?

Aust
07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
dp

Confusious
07-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Gasol/Gibson/Boozer/Mirotic

PF hell in Chicago. Grats?

DaBear
07-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Pau gasol tweets he's joining bulls

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Let's not forget bringing in Gasol helps Mirotic's transition to the states and the league much easier. Our frontline are beasts.

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Gasol/Gibson/Boozer/Mirotic

PF hell in Chicago. Grats?

I pretty much think Boozer is out whether he's involved in the S&T or amnestied.

PurpleLynch
07-12-2014, 05:57 PM
http://fansided.com/2014/07/12/pau-gasol-announces-twitter-will-sign-chicago-bulls/#!bdCOgD

He decided.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Welcome to Chicago Pau...wish you came 7 years ago

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
**** Gasol :crying:

:laugh: going from one cripple to another. Hope he makes the east a little more entertaining.

omdigga
07-12-2014, 06:20 PM
nice addition for the bulls... him and noah will be fun to watch.

Lakers + Giants
07-12-2014, 06:20 PM
All star next year for sure

kozelkid
07-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Let's not forget bringing in Gasol helps Mirotic's transition to the states and the league much easier. Our frontline are beasts.

And most importantly, he's a legitimate center which will be crucial for Noah as far as not being over-played like last season. I still think the Bulls have one more move up their sleeve. We have the pieces and cap space (assuming Boozer is amnestied) to get a quality perimeter player.

LakersA's49ers
07-12-2014, 07:30 PM
the lakers should have gotten something for him when they had the chance :/

good luck to the Spaniard in Chicago. Thank you for the last 6 and a half years, Pau!

ChitownSports16
07-12-2014, 07:40 PM
He seriously going to leave that much money on the table to sign w/Chicago?

He understands the importance of winning. Non like others that claim to want to be in a winning team but yet sign with a team that don't make the playoffs.

kozelkid
07-12-2014, 07:46 PM
He understands the importance of winning. Non like others that claim to want to be in a winning team but yet sign with a team that don't make the playoffs.

In Melo's defense, there is a pretty big difference between 5mil and 50+mil. Personally, I got nothing against Melo. That's an incredibly difficult decision, and I don't think many would have chosen winning. That said, I think Melo would have been wise to take a huge 2 year deal now, and then get a bigger deal with the TV deals and possibly back to NY. I also think Knicks are going to regret not just blowing it up and taking what they can get from the Bulls. But I digress...

Jenceman
07-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Can't believe the Lakers got nothing at all for him. Idiots.

Good luck to Pau.

Damn we suck hahaahahahah

Aust
07-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the memories Pau. I'll be rootin for you and the Bulls.

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2014, 08:29 PM
He tweeted hes a Bull, but what was the contract? S/T or MLE?

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Chicago is now the favorites to win the nba championship yay:clap:

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 08:40 PM
In Melo's defense, there is a pretty big difference between 5mil and 50+mil. Personally, I got nothing against Melo. That's an incredibly difficult decision, and I don't think many would have chosen winning. That said, I think Melo would have been wise to take a huge 2 year deal now, and then get a bigger deal with the TV deals and possibly back to NY. I also think Knicks are going to regret not just blowing it up and taking what they can get from the Bulls. But I digress...

oh yeah trading melo for booz cruise and jimmy butler definitely was the better move:facepalm:

nysportsfan23
07-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Terms of trade? Anyone?

BKdoubleStacker
07-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Excited to see him go to Chicago as a lakers fan. As long as he stays healthy he still has some left in the tank

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Healthy Rose or no the Bulls are now dangerous.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Bulls fans will see how great a human Pau is. I am hoping the best for him

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Chicago is now the favorites to win the nba championship yay:clap:

:laugh:

Sssmush
07-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Healthy Rose or no the Bulls are now dangerous.

Seriously? Here's my take: this is not quite as meaningless as Odom getting traded to Dallas, but I will be very interested to see what he can do on another team.

If u ask me, fans saying that now they just locked up the nba title because chicago got Pau are setting up hugely disproprtionate expectations.

kozelkid
07-12-2014, 09:36 PM
oh yeah trading melo for booz cruise and jimmy butler definitely was the better move:facepalm:

Or even letting Melo walk. Besides, you'd probably get more assets than JUST Butler (the Gasol signing likely would have pointed to Mirotic or Taj to NY). Either way, Boozer is an expiring and your owner has shown no qualms about paying tax for a losing team in the past. Knicks would be better off tanking for a year or two and getting financial flexibility for 2015 or 2016 FA. By paying Melo over 23+mil a year, you lose that. For a player who is on the wrong side of 30 no less. I understand if this is some small market team that struggles to attract stars, but this is NY. Fact is, best case scenario for NY is that they find a way to get quality pieces around Melo in 2 years or so (and that's assuming they are able to do so), and by then who knows how much quality play is left in Melo. The guy is already at the wrong side of 30.

Point is, I think Knicks were better off seeking a quick rebuild where they can accumulate a high pick for two years before cashing into the 2016 FA.

shep33
07-12-2014, 09:38 PM
My only worry for Pau is what happens when Thibs goes with Noah and Gibson to end games or play significant minutes in a playoff series? I was shocked that he didn't go to the Spurs

Regardless! Gonna miss you Pau!

Chronz
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Agreed. When they tried to get him from Memphis on like two occasions they were unable to offer Memphis the expiring contract like Kwame Brown's that they wanted and the Lakers were able to offer Pau's brother on the cheap. Gasol from '07-'08 would have been the perfect fit on this particular team. He still will be able to work well with Noah. I am assuming they are keeping Jo at the 5 and Gasol slips in at the 4.
From what i remember, the bulls were the ones unwilling to give up a few pieces, they were reportedly uninterested in KG as well

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Or even letting Melo walk. Besides, you'd probably get more assets than JUST Butler (the Gasol signing likely would have pointed to Mirotic or Taj to NY). Either way, Boozer is an expiring and your owner has shown no qualms about paying tax for a losing team in the past. Knicks would be better off tanking for a year or two and getting financial flexibility for 2015 or 2016 FA. By paying Melo over 23+mil a year, you lose that. For a player who is on the wrong side of 30 no less. I understand if this is some small market team that struggles to attract stars, but this is NY. Fact is, best case scenario for NY is that they find a way to get quality pieces around Melo in 2 years or so (and that's assuming they are able to do so), and by then who knows how much quality play is left in Melo. The guy is already at the wrong side of 30.

Point is, I think Knicks were better off seeking a quick rebuild where they can accumulate a high pick for two years before cashing into the 2016 FA.

really we could have got Gibson and mirotic shyt somebody call dolan quick and tell him to void melos contract before it's to late:sad2:

east fb knicks
07-12-2014, 10:11 PM
this wasn't a good move imo at first it looks good but the bulls have Gibson and noah the bulls should have signed lance instead that would have been a better move imo

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 10:17 PM
the lakers should have gotten something for him when they had the chance :/

good luck to the Spaniard in Chicago. Thank you for the last 6 and a half years, Pau!

You guys already have to deal with Jeremy Lin in his final year. The last thing you needed to add was Boozer and his 16.8 million and his allergic reaction to D.

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 10:22 PM
From what i remember, the bulls were the ones unwilling to give up a few pieces, they were reportedly uninterested in KG as well

From what I remembered they offered Deng and another player for Gasol. Can't remember who the other player was.

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 10:23 PM

I know, I guess we're forgetting about that little team in San Antonio.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Seriously? Here's my take: this is not quite as meaningless as Odom getting traded to Dallas, but I will be very interested to see what he can do on another team.

If u ask me, fans saying that now they just locked up the nba title because chicago got Pau are setting up hugely disproprtionate expectations.

Well I wouldn't say they are setting up for the title but I think they are top 2 in the East now.

Sly Guy
07-12-2014, 11:21 PM
yeah, I think this move will work out well for Chi.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 11:27 PM
this wasn't a good move imo at first it looks good but the bulls have Gibson and noah the bulls should have signed lance instead that would have been a better move imo

Are you stupid?

They can still sign Stephenson, and there is nothing wrong with having a deep front court. Obviously, the Bulls still need to make some more moves but I don't know how you can say this is a bad move.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 12:53 AM
Is Stephenson going to be the next move or is it bringing Mirotic over?

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 01:09 AM
Are you stupid?

They can still sign Stephenson, and there is nothing wrong with having a deep front court. Obviously, the Bulls still need to make some more moves but I don't know how you can say this is a bad move.

how lance turned down over 8 mill lmao you guys don't have anymore cap :facepalm:

Sssmush
07-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Well I wouldn't say they are setting up for the title but I think they are top 2 in the East now.

Look, I'm a Lakers fan, I watch the Lakers a lot.

How in the world do you think adding Pau automatically elevates the Bulls to #2 in the East? Why would it? What specifically do you expect Pau to do when he gets there?

I mean if they were already 2.5 and you add Pau, and power forward is a desperate area of need, ok then, maybe (maybe) Pau bumps you up to #2.

But from just having been smoked by the improving Washington Wizards, in a division that still has 4 time consequtive finalist Miami, plus Indiana, plus an improved Atlanta, plus an improved Detroit, plus an improving Orlando, along with a monstrously stacked Cleveland and a Phil Jackson led New York Knicks... I mean seriously what are you expecting from Pau? Have you ever seen Pau play?

Seriously, let's just have this conversation like 20 games into the season, and then you can tell me if Pau is the answer for Chicago to make a title run.

Shammyguy3
07-13-2014, 02:55 AM
You bring up the Phil Jackson led Knicks to disprove Pau's worth to a team like the Bulls who got nothing out of Boozer last year and nothing out of Rose yet still almost won 50 games? :laugh: I mean, they could end up anywhere from 1-5 and I wouldn't be surprised due to health and things of that nature. But you brought up Detroit/Orlando/Phil Jackson to make a point, and it went backwards on you because of it.

5ass
07-13-2014, 03:05 AM
You bring up the Phil Jackson led Knicks to disprove Pau's worth to a team like the Bulls who got nothing out of Boozer last year and nothing out of Rose yet still almost won 50 games? :laugh: I mean, they could end up anywhere from 1-5 and I wouldn't be surprised due to health and things of that nature. But you brought up Detroit/Orlando/Phil Jackson to make a point, and it went backwards on you because of it.
Lol he's funny. The magic are nowhere near as good as the bulls next year, they're still way too young. Phil Jackson led knicks? Lol god himself cant make them a contender next year.

5ass
07-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Bulls got a huge upgrade in the front court. They still probably need a SG. Let's see what else they do before the season starts. How much capspace do they have left?

Shammyguy3
07-13-2014, 03:10 AM
I understand that he's trying to convey that the East is more balanced and wins won't come as easily as before. But the Bulls had the 2nd best defense and the 28th worst offense last year. I really find it hard to believe that their offense won't improve to at least middle of the pack, and their defense definitely improves as well. No way this team won't win 50 games next year if Rose plays in at least half of the games

Sssmush
07-13-2014, 03:12 AM
Lol he's funny. The magic are nowhere near as good as the bulls next year, they're still way too young. Phil Jackson led knicks? Lol god himself cant make them a contender next year.

yeah, I seem to remember Chicago's defense getting absolutely shredded by the Washington Wizards, and their coach having no answer for it either during the games or afterward.

LoL you think Pau Gasol is going to bring you a surge of offensive production. He'll maybe give you 15 points most nights or something like that but he is not that efficient and he needs touches on the ball otherwise he doesn't do much.

Look Chicago might be a fine team, we'll have to see. But if you're counting on Gasol to put you over the top, it might be a situation like what happened after Cuban traded for Odom and then spent the next season complaining about why the hell is nothing happening

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-13-2014, 03:12 AM
Look, I'm a Lakers fan, I watch the Lakers a lot.

How in the world do you think adding Pau automatically elevates the Bulls to #2 in the East? Why would it? What specifically do you expect Pau to do when he gets there?

I mean if they were already 2.5 and you add Pau, and power forward is a desperate area of need, ok then, maybe (maybe) Pau bumps you up to #2.

But from just having been smoked by the improving Washington Wizards, in a division that still has 4 time consequtive finalist Miami, plus Indiana, plus an improved Atlanta, plus an improved Detroit, plus an improving Orlando, along with a monstrously stacked Cleveland and a Phil Jackson led New York Knicks... I mean seriously what are you expecting from Pau? Have you ever seen Pau play?

Seriously, let's just have this conversation like 20 games into the season, and then you can tell me if Pau is the answer for Chicago to make a title run.
Is that you justin?

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Really happy for Chicago! Great pick up! Congrats

MickeyMgl
07-13-2014, 05:38 AM
LoL you think Pau Gasol is going to bring you a surge of offensive production. He'll maybe give you 15 points most nights or something like that but he is not that efficient and he needs touches on the ball otherwise he doesn't do much.

???
How do you measure efficiency? He's 48% from the field, up from last year's 47%, disspelling the myth that his game is steadily declining. Those two seasons under D'Antoni are the only two seasons he's been under 50% in ten years.

He'll roll out of bed with 15 points, but it's not as if he has to score to help that team, since he's such an outstanding passer.

ChicagoJ
07-13-2014, 10:49 AM
yeah, I seem to remember Chicago's defense getting absolutely shredded by the Washington Wizards, and their coach having no answer for it either during the games or afterward.

Look Chicago might be a fine team, we'll have to see. But if you're counting on Gasol to put you over the top, it might be a situation like what happened after Cuban traded for Odom and then spent the next season complaining about why the hell is nothing happening

I'm not sure what to expect as of yet, but there are a few things that stand out to me. The bulls, due to their defense, are usually in games. They need guys they can go to late in the 4th quater. Gasol has lot's of experience in big games and seems a better fit for the bulls than Boozer.

The other thing is with noah and gasol, the bulls have 2 of the best passing big men on the same team. Both veteran players. Those 2 players on the same team will be interesting to watch.

As a Bulls fan I love the aquisition. With rose coming back (and we will see for how long), I like the bulls chances to be very competitive in the east. When rose is healthy and thibs defense, the bulls have been a top team in the east historically. If they pick up Nikola Mirotic in addition to gasol, this should be one of the better bulls teams in the thibs era.

But, in cleveland we have the possibility of Love with LeBron. That will be tough. And in Miami Bosch and Wade playing roles more comfortable to them with the possibility of getting deng, the east will be competitive. But the bulls should be in the mix with top teams in the east.

Brooklyn_lakers
07-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Lmao bulls fans, think gasol going to get them over the hump to win a title? This isn't 07-10 pau. He isn't putting you guys over the top. Great addition but tamper you guys expectations a little. Please.

nitram58
07-13-2014, 11:35 AM

As of right now Vegas has them at 8 to 1 ,4th best in basketball,second in the east to cleveland at 4 to 1.

nycericanguy
07-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Are you stupid?

Unless Pau is taking like $3m and Mirotic has decided not to come over, Bulls have no cap space or very little left. Certainly not enough to offer Lance 10m.'

Was a good move though if Pau can stay healthy... really wanted him on NY.

Chronz
07-13-2014, 12:03 PM
From what I remembered they offered Deng and another player for Gasol. Can't remember who the other player was.

The Bulls didn't want to give up Deng for anyone back then. Memphis prolly wanted Deng and they refused to budge, just like with KG.

edit: Just looked it up, they didn't offer Deng and refused to add Nocioni from 1 rumor.

J4KOP99
07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Refused to add nocioni haha

Nocioni5
07-13-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't find that very funny!

kozelkid
07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
The Bulls didn't want to give up Deng for anyone back then. Memphis prolly wanted Deng and they refused to budge, just like with KG.

edit: Just looked it up, they didn't offer Deng and refused to add Nocioni from 1 rumor.
They wanted Deng and one of Hinrich/Gordon which would have effectively been a lateral move at the time.

TurboDEEZsmoke
07-13-2014, 03:23 PM
noch was awsome. He was good when the bulls swept the heat in 06. Gasol should be a good fit.

JordansBulls
07-13-2014, 03:30 PM
This move would put fear into the league.

R. Johnson#3
07-13-2014, 07:50 PM
This move and a healthy D Rose make this team the best team in the East IMO.

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:18 PM
^Can Rose stay healthy is the question?

ChitownSports16
07-13-2014, 09:23 PM
^Can Rose stay healthy is the question?

The one million dollor question.

benny01
07-13-2014, 09:26 PM
The one million dollor question.

26 mil if I'm correct

bulls_world23
07-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Yahoo Sources: Pau Gasol will sign a three-year, $22M-plus deal with the Chicago Bulls. http://t.co/RVHfqBz15u

ice_c
07-14-2014, 01:09 AM
The steal of the offseason.

MickeyMgl
07-14-2014, 02:34 AM
Lmao bulls fans, think gasol going to get them over the hump to win a title? This isn't 07-10 pau. He isn't putting you guys over the top. Great addition but tamper you guys expectations a little. Please.

It's not just Bulls fans. Gasol is going to make a big difference for the Bulls.

MickeyMgl
07-14-2014, 02:42 AM
The steal of the offseason.

Of this off-season, it's the best combination of an impact player going to a team that's most ready and to whom he can be the most benefit. Cleveland's probably too young, and New York has still got at least another off-season or two of rebuilding to go. The Bulls have overachieved through rotten luck with injuries, and as great as they've been defensively, they've often had trouble scoring. Their offense should be more fluid with Gasol, and his playoff experience will pay dividends.

Gibby23
07-14-2014, 10:35 AM
I like this move for the Bulls. Pau will add a post game to a team that needs scoring. Him and Noah will be the best passing C/PF combo in the NBA. He has been breaking down the past 2 years and is going to play in the Worlds this summer. He tends to wear down during the season when he plays for spain. The Bulls can keep his minutes down because they have like 3 other big men to split minutes with. I hope rose stays healthy and the Bulls can win it this year. The Bulls also have a lot of tradable assets, if they need something at the deadline, they can go get it.

SILVER SEAVER
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM
22 million over 7 years? That's a steal for a big man with his skillset. Meanwhile if there was no amnesty clause the Bulls would be paying Boozer 16.8 million for a lost season. In essence you have to look at like you are paying 38.8 for Pau's services because if you don't pay Boozer to go away nobody wants him in a trade which speaks volumes and you have no big free agent difference maker signing.