PDA

View Full Version : How good would Houston have been with Bosh + Parsons?

shep33
07-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Pretty insane to think they were so close to building what I thought would be a potential dynasty.

Howard
Bosh
Parsons
Harden
Beverely

6th man- Jones

Such a star-studded and balanced lineup. Best front court in the NBA by far.

Crazy how it got broken up at the last second.

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 01:26 AM
How good, you ask?

http://i.imgur.com/P18gJPD.gif

scissors
07-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Pretty insane to think they were so close to building what I thought would be a potential dynasty.

Howard
Bosh
Parsons
Harden
Beverely

6th man- Jones

Well, they still would have had Harden, Howard and McHale. Probably WCF would be their ceiling. The three I just mentioned can't win in playoffs. Zero team defense on the perimeter. Though Bosh P&R d would have helped.

shep33
07-12-2014, 01:28 AM
How good, you ask?

:laugh:

shep33
07-12-2014, 01:30 AM
Well, they still would have had Harden, Howard and McHale. Probably WCF would be their ceiling. The three I just mentioned can't win in playoffs. Zero team defense on the perimeter. Though Bosh P&R d would have helped.

I think if they got it together that they could have made the Finals and won it after a year. That front court is nasty on both ends of the court. Bosh spaces out the floor, while also playing solid D without Dwight protecting the rim.

DillyDill
07-12-2014, 01:35 AM
How good, you ask?

Lmaoo

DillyDill
07-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Would of been naasssssttyyy. I can see Bosh now draining trey bombs off Superman doubles or Harden drives

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 01:38 AM

Howard
Bosh
Parsons
Harden
Beverely

6th man- Jones

An all-star or borderline all-star passing PG away from beating the Spurs in the WCFs, in my opinion.

Mr_Jones
07-12-2014, 01:42 AM
sweet dreams. keep em dry there doug

Dade County
07-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Bosh would of had to talk with Harden & let him no that his playing style is not going to lead them to the Final's.

They would need more of a pass first type of offense; and the ball can not stick to Howard hands.

Ball movement & open shooting.

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 01:46 AM
I guess I am a little glad we averted another "Big 3" though. I like the league being more balanced. I want to see a dog fight with the best TEAM winning, not the Western Conference All-Stars.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-12-2014, 01:47 AM

Yet two of them have made the Finals...

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:12 AM
So glad it didn't happen team was scary on paper

Oh well!

LOL

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:13 AM
Bosh would of had to talk with Harden & let him no that his playing style is not going to lead them to the Final's.

They would need more of a pass first type of offense; and the ball can not stick to Howard hands.

Agree but bosh Howard alone is a killer combo I can't imagine

rockets-fan
07-12-2014, 02:32 AM

This 100%

Rockets have the talent RIGHT NOW to win a Championship. They lack the focus (harden on D) ,the leadership (no real vets, Howard is like a kid), and the system to win it all (Mchales simple pick and rolls and harden isos are easy to stop ala blazers)

When the rockets really want to win, and I mean everyone on that team, then they will. I can assure you if the whole team played like Beverly, they could win it all

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Even Jose Calderon alone would make that Rockets team championship contenders. They don't even need a superstar PG, just one who can lead and make plays for teammates would make a Rockets team with Bosh pretty amazing.

jerellh528
07-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Morey was so close

rockets-fan
07-12-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm not mad at morey at all for missing out on Melo, or Bosh. I mean he basically had commitment from Bosh and he just backed out in his word despite Houston making the deals we only had to make to get him.

What I am mad at is him not adding players since the Bosh situation broke down. We need a lot of bench help if we go into the season with the same core. We could have used Carter, Gasol, ect.

We need solid bench depth at every single position except PF, which we are lacking a starting caliber PF. Jones is capable but very inconsistent.

Beverly/ Cannan?!?
Harden/ Garcia?!?
Parsons (if we match)/ Hamilton?!
Jones/Montejunas
Howard/ no one.

Depth holes everywhere it's ridiculous that morey hasn't signed a few role players with the money we cleared up by now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day of FA for the Rockets

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 02:52 AM

Howard
Bosh
Parsons
Harden
Beverely

6th man- Jones

I still say the lack of a bench would have killed them.

shep33
07-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Not sure why Melo isn't considering Houston. But Bosh would have been a perfect fit. Better than Melo in Houston

rockets-fan
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM

It would have, but that's a starting five you can't turn on if your morey.

If Jones , Cannan, and Hamilton step up, we can have a decent bench. Out second round pick is looking like another steal for morey in the summer league so I'm excited about that

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 03:09 AM
It would have, but that's a starting five you can't turn on if your morey.

If Jones , Cannan, and Hamilton step up, we can have a decent bench. Out second round pick is looking like another steal for morey in the summer league so I'm excited about that
They were expected to have to dump all of those guys though if they were going to give Bosh the max. Miami signing Labron, and Bosh to play with Wade seems to have fooled everyone in to thinking that a team HAS to have 3 max caliber to win a title. Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs this year showed that a team with a deep bench can beat s team with 3 max players. When you have a really deep bench its like having two 20 to 25 point scorers night in and night out.

rockets-fan
07-12-2014, 03:17 AM
They were expected to have to dump all of those guys though if they were going to give Bosh the max. Miami signing Labron, and Bosh to play with Wade seems to have fooled everyone in to thinking that a team HAS to have 3 max caliber to win a title. Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs this year showed that a team with a deep bench can beat s team with 3 max players. When you have a really deep bench its like having two 20 to 25 point scorers night in and night out.

Agree 100% which is why I'm mad Mirey isn't going after role players right now

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 03:24 AM
Agree 100% which is why I'm mad Mirey isn't going after role players right now
Bosh going back to Miami may have saved Morey from himself. Obviously the lure of having all those guys on the Rockets is enticing but Morey will have no choice to strengthen the teams bench now. In the long run this will make the Rockets a better team. I think they need a better coach though.

rockets-fan
07-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Bosh going back to Miami may have saved Morey from himself. Obviously the lure of having all those guys on the Rockets is enticing but Morey will have no choice to strengthen the teams bench now. In the long run this will make the Rockets a better team. I think they need a better coach though.

Morey doesn't go after role players....watch, he's a go big or go home guy, were going home haha

zn23
07-12-2014, 08:42 AM
I guess Bosh really wanted the money and the Heat gave him a better deal. But Houston would have been better choice.

mightybosstone
07-12-2014, 08:56 AM

Since when does Patrick Beverley provide "zero defense on the perimeter?" The guy was second team all-defense last season and is easily one of the best defensive guards in the NBA. As for your other comments, they're just simply not true. Both Harden and Howard have been part of teams that went all the way to the Finals. You're just pulling a vague generalization out of thin air based on no evidence whatsoever.

mightybosstone
07-12-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm not mad at morey at all for missing out on Melo, or Bosh. I mean he basically had commitment from Bosh and he just backed out in his word despite Houston making the deals we only had to make to get him.

What I am mad at is him not adding players since the Bosh situation broke down. We need a lot of bench help if we go into the season with the same core. We could have used Carter, Gasol, ect.

We need solid bench depth at every single position except PF, which we are lacking a starting caliber PF. Jones is capable but very inconsistent.

Beverly/ Cannan?!?
Harden/ Garcia?!?
Parsons (if we match)/ Hamilton?!
Jones/Montejunas
Howard/ no one.

Depth holes everywhere it's ridiculous that morey hasn't signed a few role players with the money we cleared up by now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day of FA for the Rockets

Garcia and Hamilton are both likely gone. However, I'm not sure Daniels is, so there's that. Canaan and Covington are still on the roster, I believe. And don't forget Nick Johnson. Clint Capela (Houston's 1st rounder) may also come over sooner than expected this season, as apparently the Rockets are having issues with his contract negotiations.

I have no doubt Morey is working on deals to beef up the rotation, but he's got a limited window the deadline being tomorrow at 11. Although if he doesn't get any deals done, they still have some solid trade pieces to work with. And I believe they'll have all or portion of the MLE.

FOXHOUND
07-12-2014, 09:31 AM
It will really hurt to lose Parsons. $15M may be an overpay but it's only 2/3 years and really they won't get anyone that good otherwise.

Sadds The Gr8
07-12-2014, 11:43 AM
I personally thought it would've been overkill. Theres only 1 ball and all of those guys want the ball except Beverly. Team is better off w/o rupaul.

TylerSL
07-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Bev
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

would be the best, and most productive starting 5 in all of basketball. The Rockets would be probably the most exciting team next year (even over Clippers, and now probably Cavaliers). I believe they would have been number 3 in the West. This is what I think the top 4 in the West would have been had Bosh went to Houston
1. San Antonio
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. Houston
4. Oklahoma City

They would have lost in the 2nd round as they just wouldn't be deep enough to win a title.

Now that they did not get Bosh, and they traded away practically all their depth to make space for him, but they probably will keep Parsons, I think Houston might be in trouble next season. Obviously free agency is not over but with guys like Deng/Gasol out of Houston's reach they may find themselves toward the bottom of the playoff bracket next year in the West.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
They would have been secondary favorites to come out the west behind SA

THE MTL
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Good at declaring bankruptcy! Harden, Howard, Parsons, and Bosh would combine for almost 70 million per year

hugepatsfan
07-12-2014, 04:01 PM

They'd still have been able to use the cap space exception of $2.7 mil to add another bench piece. And then vet min guys. With that roster they'd probably get the cream of the crop amongst the players at those salary levels but they'd be light on the bench this year, no doubt.

However, next year they would be able to use the mini-MLE and the bi-annual exception to add some more depth. That team is very young so it's not like they only have a 1 year window. If the Rockets' owner was willing to go into the luxury tax that team would have had no problem finding good enough role players.

It's a real shame for HOU fans that team didn't come together. That's just such a perfect lineup.

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 04:47 PM
They'd still have been able to use the cap space exception of $2.7 mil to add another bench piece. And then vet min guys. With that roster they'd probably get the cream of the crop amongst the players at those salary levels but they'd be light on the bench this year, no doubt.

However, next year they would be able to use the mini-MLE and the bi-annual exception to add some more depth. That team is very young so it's not like they only have a 1 year window. If the Rockets' owner was willing to go into the luxury tax that team would have had no problem finding good enough role players.

It's a real shame for HOU fans that team didn't come together. That's just such a perfect lineup.
Yea I was mainly referring to this year. Over the next couple of years they would have been able to add a couple bench players. Plus there are always veterans that would be willing to play for less in order to have a shot at a title.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Good at declaring bankruptcy! Harden, Howard, Parsons, and Bosh would combine for almost 70 million per year

This, and this is why I don't think they'd do well. You'd have amazing starting 5, but no bench behind it. You cannot win in the NBA without a quality bench, because Howard/Bosh/Harden/Parsons aren't going to play 48 minutes a game.

WITZ
07-12-2014, 05:09 PM
How good, you ask?

Your sig :laugh: A+

Edit: Would have been an epic meet up with the spurs btw

tr3ymill3r
07-12-2014, 05:29 PM
not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7

godolphins
07-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Now it's gonna be: Howard-Ariza-Parsons-Harden-Beverly

PurpleJesus
07-12-2014, 05:35 PM
would have been extremely good. Bosh is all about the money though, I guess after playing four years for under his value in Miami, it can be justified that he chases the money now.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Top 3 in the West

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Very good

RedDinosaurGang
07-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Super-Duper

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Now it's gonna be: Howard-Ariza-Parsons-Harden-Beverly

Ariza would get killed by the PF's in the West

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Maybe the #1 seed out West.

nastynice
07-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Houston may be better off. MAYBE.

I don't think they should pick Parsons up, they'll be better off spending that money on depth imo. Bosh would have been a great move tho, just because having him and Howard for a front court would be damn near unstoppable.

But like people have already mentioned, depth is more important than stars for this team. They already have two. Adding someone like melo would be stupid, they already have two players whom they can legitimately run the offense through, why would you pick up a scorer like melo?