PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter to Memphis

force_within
07-11-2014, 11:51 PM
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/487805373039247362

*Superman*
07-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 2m
Vince Carter has agreed to a three-year, $12M deal with Memphis, league source tells Yahoo Sports..

*Superman*
07-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Lol, same timing, slightly different title.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 11:53 PM
He's worth the $4 million but thought he would have wanted to contend for rings. Should've stayed in Dallas.

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:56 PM
That is a really good price for Vince Carter. Congratulations to the Memphis Grizzlies!

Lance Stevenson to Dallas should be next (if Houston matches the Parson offer). Sorry to the Maverick fans.

ThuglifeJ
07-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Why?

gatkins11
07-11-2014, 11:57 PM
He's going to be making $4 mil at 41 years old. Wow.

ThuglifeJ
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Not Raps not Cleveland not DALLAS? Confused. Raps and Cleveland could offer the same couldn't they? I understand Dallas cuz they cant give him more than 2.7 mil but couldn't others?

random.

bummed

Mr.B
He's going to be making $4 mil at 41 years old. Wow.
He's held up really well for his age. He can still hit the big shots and every now and then you still see flashes of the old Vince.

NetsPaint
Didn't expect VC to go there.

MetroMan
check my sig

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:01 AM
This makes little sense to me. Will have to know the details as to why cuz I can think of none.

smith&wesson
wtf why not Toronto ? dammmm :mad:

Mr.B
That is a really good price for Vince Carter. Congratulations to the Memphis Grizzlies!

Lance Stevenson to Dallas should be next (if Houston matches the Parson offer). Sorry to the Maverick fans.
Why sorry to Mavs fans? I would have liked to have Vince back but honestly his production can be replaced by someone younger. I wish him luck in Memphis, except when they play the Mavs of course.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Woulda liked to see him in Toronto but oh well. Maybe we can trade for him his last year.

TheMightyHumph
07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
He's worth the $4 million but thought he would have wanted to contend for rings. Should've stayed in Dallas.

Vince needs to play on teams that won't contend. That's when he's at his best.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
I know people aren't fans of players joining stacked teams, but if I was him I'd go to the Cleveland/OKC/Spurs for vet min at this point in my career. Staying with Dallas would have given him a slightly better chance (albeit low) at a championship than the Grizzlies in my honest opinion.

Saddletramp
07-12-2014, 12:11 AM
I guess ThuglifeJ is a Grizzlies fan now. Have fun with that. Same division though so I guess we'll still get nonstop trolling every time the Rockets have something bad happen to them.

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Anyone else super confused by this?

Saddletramp
07-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Anyone else super confused by this?

More money, probably more years.

NOT CONFUSED

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:21 AM
I guess ThuglifeJ is a Grizzlies fan now. Have fun with that. Same division though so I guess we'll still get nonstop trolling every time the Rockets have something bad happen to them.

Lol you can pretend that crying about not getting a FREE AGENT is the same as a hit to your life long favorite player.

I'll be the bigger man here though.

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:22 AM

NOT CONFUSED

Ignoring your bitter butthole about Bosh...Vince was getting the same offers in better situations. The only place that wasn't offering him more money was Dallas IF they stole your boy Parsons if not they could bring him in for 4 Mil and were willing too no question.

Raptors and Cleveland and OKC were also willing to.

TheMightyHumph
07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Not Raps not Cleveland not DALLAS? Confused. Raps and Cleveland could offer the same couldn't they? I understand Dallas cuz they cant give him more than 2.7 mil but couldn't others?

Why could Mavs only give him $2.7 mil?

NetsPaint
07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Memphis has Graceland.

Saddletramp
07-12-2014, 12:29 AM
I don't think you've ever been the bigger man. Not butthurt about Bosh, a little disappointed, but I don't have a "bitter butthole", whatever that means. The guy was a free agent. He picked Memphis for whatever reason. Time to throw away your Dallas gear for some Grizzlies gear. It happens when you just pick a top of the line guy and then he turns into a role player because he can't get it done.

ghettosean
07-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Glad he didn't come to Toronto where I'd be forced to cheer for him. Good riddance!!! Congrats to Memphis though he's still got a little left in the tank... Solid signing for them!

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Why could Mavs only give him $2.7 mil?

They offered Parsons 15 Mil...leaving 2.7 left in there cap

if they didnt get parsons they'd have the cap open again

Aust
07-12-2014, 12:31 AM

:confused:
Memphis has just as much of a chance as Dallas. More of a lateral move for him than a downgrade. If he went to OKC than for sure you're talking about an upgrade in terms of contending.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:32 AM
wtf why not Toronto ? dammmm :mad:

I agree. Major disappointment and I'm not even a big fan. Wtf.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Woulda liked to see him in Toronto but oh well. Maybe we can trade for him his last year.

I expect this.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Why sorry to Mavs fans? I would have liked to have Vince back but honestly his production can be replaced by someone younger. I wish him luck in Memphis, except when they play the Mavs of course.

I agree. I guess I was under the impression he was one of the fan-favorites. He could be easily replaced or develop a younger SG that can mimic his production.

TheMightyHumph

They got Parsons? And you know, they owned Vince's Bird Rights, don't you?

Redrum187

NOT CONFUSED

lol!!! Pretty much.

DRose7
07-12-2014, 12:36 AM
:confused:
Memphis has just as much of a chance as Dallas. More of a lateral move for him than a downgrade. If he went to OKC than for sure you're talking about an upgrade in terms of contending.

Really OKC, lmao, they have to be one of the most overrated team in the nba, they woulda been out in the first rd if Zach Randolph didn't **** it up for the grizzles. Thuds aren't an upgrade over the Grizz, unless we are talking for regular season win purposes, but not for a championship.

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:37 AM
I don't think you've ever been the bigger man. Not butthurt about Bosh, a little disappointed, but I don't have a "bitter butthole", whatever that means. The guy was a free agent. He picked Memphis for whatever reason. Time to throw away your Dallas gear for some Grizzlies gear. It happens when you just pick a top of the line guy and then he turns into a role player because he can't get it done.

What are you even talking about. Why are you even in a Vince Carter to Memphis thread trolling? How low is that? It's 1. 37 year old Vince Carter and 2. Memphis Grizzlies

And I'll always support Dallas.

I didn't just 'pick' a top of the line guy either? He's 37 obviously I'm a big fan of his to still be supporting him. ya think? I'm sure no one cares if someones supporting a 37 year old ex-superstar or not anyways. Most 37 year old ex-superstars aren't even role players, they're retried, and Vince was a top 6th man last year and if he can continue to do that most everyone will support who's watched the NBA for some time.

Let me be a fan of who I want and I'll let you be a fan of your Bosh-less first round exit Rockets okay?

Aust
07-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Really OKC, lmao, they have to be one of the most overrated team in the nba, they woulda been out in the first rd if Zach Randolph didn't **** it up for the grizzles. Thuds aren't an upgrade over the Grizz, unless we are talking for regular season win purposes, but not for a championship.

Was just an example. I'll say the Spurs instead, ok?

JNA17
07-12-2014, 12:39 AM
check my sig

I had that sig first *****!

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:40 AM

They lost his bird rights in deal with that trade.

for some reason

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 12:42 AM
I expect this.

What when he's 40?

either get him now or it's gonna be too late

DR_1
07-12-2014, 12:45 AM

NOT CONFUSED

:laugh2:

TheMightyHumph
07-12-2014, 12:46 AM

for some reason

They renounced his rights.

Did they do that to Marion also?

conway429
07-12-2014, 12:48 AM

I don't even want him anymore if that would be the case. It would've been nice for him to make amends for the past and choose to come here on his own volition to close out his career. I'm not that stoked to have him come here (not by choice) and give up assets to get him here at 40+ years old. I assume the money wasn't the problem, so it kinda feels like he punked us off. Again. For the Memphis Grizzlies.

NYKNYGNYY
07-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Really wanted to see him go HOME to Toronto lol make it a trendy thing now ...melo surprises all n goes to Denver!

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 12:57 AM
The Mavs wouldn't go over the cap for Vince. They do have his Bird Rights but he's not worth going over the cap for. The Mavs are likely going to sign Mo Williams after this whole Parsons situation is worked out. They'll get as much out of Williams that they got out of Vince.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Really wanted to see him go HOME to Toronto lol make it a trendy thing now ...melo surprises all n goes to Denver!

LOL!!

Denver would have a better chance beating the elite teams in the West with him than Knicks beating the few elite teams in the East. Just kidding - kind of.

Saddletramp
07-12-2014, 01:01 AM
What are you even talking about. Why are you even in a Vince Carter to Memphis thread trolling? How low is that? It's 1. 37 year old Vince Carter and 2. Memphis Grizzlies

I didn't just 'pick' a top of the line guy either? He's 37 obviously I'm a big fan of his to still be supporting him. ya think? I'm sure no one cares if someones supporting a 37 year old ex-superstar or not anyways. Most 37 year old ex-superstars aren't even role players, they're retried, and Vince was a top 6th man last year and if he can continue to do that most everyone will support who's watched the NBA for some time.

Let me be a fan of who I want and I'll let you be a fan of your Bosh-less first round exit Rockets okay?

LO****ingL. Anything bad happens to the Rockets, you're JohnnyOnTheFriggin'Spot spewing troll/hate. Something you don't like happens to Vince Carter and you get butthurt.

That's all I wanted. Stop trolling and you'll stop getting trolled. What a joke.

TheMightyHumph
07-12-2014, 01:05 AM
The Mavs wouldn't go over the cap for Vince. They do have his Bird Rights but he's not worth going over the cap for. The Mavs are likely going to sign Mo Williams after this whole Parsons situation is worked out. They'll get as much out of Williams that they got out of Vince.

Are you talking about the salary cap or the Luxury cap?

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2014, 01:10 AM

Yeah because he definitely can't contend in Memphis.

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Are you talking about the salary cap or the Luxury cap?
Salary cap. They have a ways to go before getting near the luxury tax. I just read someone say that they don't have his Bird Rights for whatever reason but even still I don't think Cuban would have gone over the cap to sign him.

*Superman*
07-12-2014, 01:14 AM
I had that sig first *****!

Ha! I'm starting the trend for a different one, mothachukas!

albertajaysfan
07-12-2014, 01:14 AM

You obviously have no understanding how the NBA cap works.

They could sign Carter for whatever they liked regardless of Parsons signing. The other way around isn't true however. Google Bird rights. That should explain it a little for you.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Love the move. The grizz didn't have much money to spend, but they upgraded from miller. Vince was a knockdown shooter the past few years and he will get open looks on the grizzlies. Memphis finally gets a guy who can create a little bit and get into the lane.

The contract isn't bad, it's a 3 yr deal with the third yr partially guarenteed

shep33
07-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Love this pickup

scissors
07-12-2014, 01:19 AM

They could sign Carter for whatever they liked regardless of Parsons signing. The other way around isn't true however. Google Bird rights. That should explain it a little for you.

They didn't have Carter's bird rights. Some technicality in a trade. Not sure exactly.

But his cap hold is like 6.5 million so his bird rights are worthless anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that guy gets the CBA. But still...

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:25 AM

for some reason

They renounced his rights.

Did they do that to Marion also?

Yes. Which means they couldn't use them right? Y would they do that now?

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:29 AM

I don't even want him anymore if that would be the case. It would've been nice for him to make amends for the past and choose to come here on his own volition to close out his career. I'm not that stoked to have him come here (not by choice) and give up assets to get him here at 40+ years old. I assume the money wasn't the problem, so it kinda feels like he punked us off. Again. For the Memphis Grizzlies.

The grizzlies were a 7th seed in west...but I get where you're coming from and agree on not trading.

Maybe he wasnt able to handle all the drama to come with a Toronto return? I doubt he punked raptors.. At this point he's past this, it isn't 2005 he's not in nj punking raps

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:34 AM

They couldnt go over cap with vince and im sure cuban would have. And Most mavs fans will disagree with you on mo Williams. Don't be an ***. Parsons and mo will give more than Marion Vince but because of parsons. Vince was a top 6th man and an anchor for the mavs who had some meaning to the fans team and Cuban. What did Mo do? Did mo hit a buzzer beater in the playoffs or do anything consistent ever in his career?

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:38 AM

They renounced the bird rights.

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Love the move. The grizz didn't have much money to spend, but they upgraded from miller. Vince was a knockdown shooter the past few years and he will get open looks on the grizzlies. Memphis finally gets a guy who can create a little bit and get into the lane.

Depends on your coach. Vince had lots of revival due to Carlisles system. He'd post up Vince, run pick n rolls, and the rest just vince using smarts to create.

Idk how well hell do anymore at this age. Not sure how he'll fit in Memphis system.

Hope for the best tho who knows. If Memphis can get him open 3s obviously he's gonna hit em just don't see how he's gonna fit in this system he really played well if Carlisles

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:47 AM

LO****ingL. Anything bad happens to the Rockets, you're JohnnyOnTheFriggin'Spot spewing troll/hate. Something you don't like happens to Vince Carter and you get butthurt.

That's all I wanted. Stop trolling and you'll stop getting trolled. What a joke.

Not everyone likes the rockets. Its not trolling
Get over it go away

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 02:50 AM
They couldnt go over cap with vince and im sure cuban would have. And Most mavs fans will disagree with you on mo Williams. Don't be an ***. Parsons and mo will give more than Marion Vince but because of parsons. Vince was a top 6th man and an anchor for the mavs who had some meaning to the fans team and Cuban. What did Mo do? Did mo hit a buzzer beater in the playoffs or do anything consistent ever in his career?
I understand you're a Vince fan but you are seriously overestimating his value. Was he good? Yes he was ok. He did hit that big shot in the playoffs but that was really the only big shot he hit all year. He was a solid role player but that's it. He definitely wasn't an anchor. And just because a guy may be a fan favorite doesn't mean they can't be replaced. Jason Terry was a fan favorite and the Mavs have done fine without him, and he did way more for the Mavs than Vince ever did.

Chronz
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
I understand you're a Vince fan but you are seriously overestimating his value. Was he good? Yes he was ok. He did hit that big shot in the playoffs but that was really the only big shot he hit all year. He was a solid role player but that's it. He definitely wasn't an anchor. And just because a guy may be a fan favorite doesn't mean they can't be replaced. Jason Terry was a fan favorite and the Mavs have done fine without him, and he did way more for the Mavs than Vince ever did.

VC hit more than just that 1 big shot and even if it was, it was still a helluva shot. He was a big part of their bench, Im with him in saying VC will be an underestimated loss, especially if Parsons is not brought in. I dont see what you mean by the Mavs have been just fine without Jet either. Seems to me like they've missed him plenty.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:10 AM
VC hit more than just that 1 big shot and even if it was, it was still a helluva shot. He was a big part of their bench, Im with him in saying VC will be an underestimated loss, especially if Parsons is not brought in. I dont see what you mean by the Mavs have been just fine without Jet either. Seems to me like they've missed him plenty.

I think the Mavericks definitely miss the Dallas Maverick's Jason Terry production, not sure they miss him after seeing his performances since his departure. He has kind of fizzled into obscurity. They missed the playoffs the year he left to Boston, but I don't think his presence would have been a deciding factor whatsoever (OJ Mayo is an improvement).

However, I do agree Vince Carter might be considered an under-estimated loss for the Mavericks, especially if Dallas doesn't get Chandler Parsons. Carter embraced the sixth man role and he was, in my opinion, top 5 performing sixth men. The good news, they can get a young SG/SF to produce easier than a PF or C.

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 03:19 AM
JET was the Mavs 6th man his last few years in Dallas. They replaced him with Carter. Carter did a good job but just like JET Carter can be replaced. Since about 2004 the Mavs have had a string of 6th men that were close to being the best in the NBA. JET won the 6th man award and before him Antwan Jamison won a 6th man award. Stackhouse was a 6th man here too. I believe Antoine Walker was even the 6th man when he was here too. My point is at the end of free agency there will be a vet who use to be a started will be added who will end up being a great 6th man. That guy could also come in a trade, either way they will add someone to replace Carter. Paul Piece is a guy that comes to mind that could fill that roll. I'm not saying it WILL be Pierce I'm just saying a guy like him.

numba1CHANGsta
07-12-2014, 03:42 AM
VC doesn't have 3 years left in him, more like 1-2 yrs

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 03:52 AM
VC doesn't have 3 years left in him, more like 1-2 yrs

1 more strong

1 more useful

Don't want to see the 3rd...

He does feel more like a 34ish year old range right now tho

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 03:56 AM

I think the Mavericks definitely miss the Dallas Maverick's Jason Terry production, not sure they miss him after seeing his performances since his departure. He has kind of fizzled into obscurity. They missed the playoffs the year he left to Boston, but I don't think his presence would have been a deciding factor whatsoever (OJ Mayo is an improvement).

However, I do agree Vince Carter might be considered an under-estimated loss for the Mavericks, especially if Dallas doesn't get Chandler Parsons. Carter embraced the sixth man role and he was, in my opinion, top 5 performing sixth men. The good news, they can get a young SG/SF to produce easier than a PF or C.
Agree with this.

Most mavs fans, here, real gm, comment sections various places feel this way and are bummed..but its not the end of the world they do need to make moves though.

Pulling for the mavs getting parsons,itl make a great team, mo Williams won't have much impact parsons will.

If not get deng

bucketss
07-12-2014, 04:11 AM
thank god he didn't return to toronto - im not saying he wanted to but idk how i would have felt seeing him in a raptors jersey again.

Kashmir13579
07-12-2014, 07:13 AM
I loved seeing him in Mavs colors..

Tmath
07-12-2014, 07:58 AM
I expect this.

Hopefully Masai is smarter than that...

TheMightyHumph
07-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Salary cap. They have a ways to go before getting near the luxury tax. I just read someone say that they don't have his Bird Rights for whatever reason but even still I don't think Cuban would have gone over the cap to sign him.

They Couldn't go over the cap to re-sign Vince as renounced his Bird Rights (and thus, his caphold) to make room for the Parson's Offer Sheet.

Mr.B
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
They Couldn't go over the cap to re-sign Vince as renounced his Bird Rights (and thus, his caphold) to make room for the Parson's Offer Sheet.
Do unrestricted free agents have a cap hold? I didn't think they did. They did lose his Bird Rights but I don't think it was to eliminate his cap hold. I could be wrong but I don't think he had s cap hold on Dallas cap.

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Do unrestricted free agents have a cap hold? I didn't think they did. They did lose his Bird Rights but I don't think it was to eliminate his cap hold. I could be wrong but I don't think he had s cap hold on Dallas cap.

I'm almost positive they couldn't give him more than 2.7 or they would have. I've read a few things now on his bird rights renouncing that eliminated his ability to get more than 2.7. He understandable wanted to take more than 2.7 and I think the 15 mil for parsons was overkill even though he's a perfect fit in Dal you lose Vince, Marion, any room to sign a decent big and pg.

Ik Cuban said they're getting Vince back forsure but this was before the Pardons thing.

TheMightyHumph
07-12-2014, 03:24 PM

UFAs have a caphold until they are renounced

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Depends on your coach. Vince had lots of revival due to Carlisles system. He'd post up Vince, run pick n rolls, and the rest just vince using smarts to create.

Idk how well hell do anymore at this age. Not sure how he'll fit in Memphis system.

Hope for the best tho who knows. If Memphis can get him open 3s obviously he's gonna hit em just don't see how he's gonna fit in this system he really played well if Carlisles

You do realize we start tayshaun prince right? VC will be just fine

mzgrizz
07-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Good pickup for Memphis, and as Fadeaway said, the last year is partially guaranteed. He could be the sharpshooter we need. Love Miller but so unsure with his past back issues.
I know he played all 82 games regular season but that was a miracle given his prior years in Miami with his knees as well. Wish him well wherever he goes. He
wanted to stay in Memphis, but apparently Pera thought VC a better deal in 3 years. Mike wanted 4. He'll be ok in Cleveland if that works for him, and I guess he'll
still keep his house here as he did before. Got a Par 3 on it.........

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Good pickup for Memphis, and as Fadeaway said, the last year is partially guaranteed. He could be the sharpshooter we need. Love Miller but so unsure with his past back issues.
I know he played all 82 games regular season but that was a miracle given his prior years in Miami with his knees as well. Wish him well wherever he goes. He
wanted to stay in Memphis, but apparently Pera thought VC a better deal in 3 years. Mike wanted 4. He'll be ok in Cleveland if that works for him, and I guess he'll
still keep his house here as he did before. Got a Par 3 on it.........

Well VC is an upgrade over Miller. He can shoot but also is a decent defender of SFs if non-uber athletic, he's not good at closing out, falls for fakes, but no one will back him down or anything and he will have an occasional big block. Good help D but tends to try helping too much my biggest pet peve with him on defense.
He wont drive consistently but if his mindset is right and he has energy he still cant be stopped on a good drive for a VC flashback of some sort.

That touch on shooting and finishing never really leaves its just getting there and to the spots is the hard part now hah.
His minutes are also something I can't plan for, Carlisle kept him at 25..who knows if he can play as well with more..

If Joerger uses him on posts up he's a smart coach. Its his best ability aside the 3 pt shooting. I'd say it's better than his pick n roll that he gets noted for.

his passing is his most underrated feature as always. He will make occasional passes to the bigs not many players could make.

Don't know why I gave a full scouting report but I did..

ThuglifeJ
07-12-2014, 04:04 PM

You do realize we start tayshaun prince right? VC will be just fine

I'm sure itl be good. I think the Grizz will be a good team just think another piece would be smart. Right now they're a threat to any team just can't put them in any upper echelon category though unless they make one more tweak.

Conley, Allen, Vince, Lee, Gasol, Randolph is their current core right now correct? With Udrih backing up as well?

Actually a really deep team.

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Great pick-up for GRizz! They desperately need some spacing in their offense, Prince/Allen is just horrible starting for floor spacing.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
I was wanting to see him go back to Toronto. :(:(:(

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 04:20 AM
lol, Vince gets bounced around more than a basketball. There's a reason for that. No serious contender should ever have him in their squad. A very bizarre pick up by the Griz

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 07:11 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10514625_10203728474107728_356893231225901709_n.jp g

Looks in great shape. 37 years young.

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 07:13 PM
lol, Vince gets bounced around more than a basketball. There's a reason for that. No serious contender should ever have him in their squad. A very bizarre pick up by the Griz

Lmao and no team in the league should have Wade in their squad, even the Sixers should run from his washed up ***.

He belongs in China with his knees. Hopefully the refs over there can gift wrap him mass amounts of free throws like for his only championship he ever got without Lebron.

Saddletramp
07-15-2014, 07:21 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10514625_10203728474107728_356893231225901709_n.jp g

Looks in great shape. 37 years young.

He doesn't look very happy.

I'll give you that, though. He looks better than I did when I was 18.

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 07:41 PM
He doesn't look very happy.

I'll give you that, though. He looks better than I did when I was 18.

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editorial_Images/18996.jpg?maxWidth=800&maxHeight=600

Better?

I see what you're trying to do here..You can pry me away from being mean to the Rockets for a little bit... But it wont last forever.

Chronz
07-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Vince has a smile that can light up an arena. His longevity is underrated, hope it continues

ThuglifeJ
07-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Vince has a smile that can light up an arena. His longevity is underrated, hope it continues

I always wanted VC to retire when he started declining, so he could go out on a high note/be remembered of his prime Raptor/Nets days..but I've come more and more to appreciate what he's become and his longevity.

I was a huge Iverson, Tmac, and Kobe fan back in the day...but watching Iverson become a cancer player, Tmac not able to adapt to a lesser role, and Kobe unable to give up his volume shooting has made me appreciate Vince even more, who woulda thought the best dunker, superstar, becomes a top 3 pt shooter, teammates first? I didn't, and I never thought he'd play this long. It's great, multiple teams or not, Vince is good for the league to still have and great to see someone able to devoid themselves of big ego.