PDA

View Full Version : Where does 2010-2014 Heat/LeBron "storyline" rank?

NetsPaint
07-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Wrestling fans could relate, and so can people who watch movies or whatever else.

First was The Decision.

People wondered if their big three would click. They struggled at first, but then they had a very successful regular season. After that they went all the way to the Finals. The Mavericks had some aging players against the best player in the league with a lot more help than he's ever had before. There was also history with the Mavericks and Heat in the Finals in 2006. Wade and LeBron made fun of Dirk's cold, then Dirk proceeded to make them an embarrassment. The Mavericks beat them, but then Dirk wasn't the same the next season and Chandler went to the Knicks, the "good guys", the vets, were not in the way of LeBron and the Heat anymore.

The Heat met an inexperienced Thunder team in the Finals and LeBron played much better than the season before and LeBron won his first championship.

In the 2013 Finals the Heat met a team a lot of people including myself thought they could beat them because of their talented veterans who were also great leaders. They were very close in doing so. They lost game 6 in a heart breaker.

In 2014 the "good guys", the Spurs, won with an incredible display of teamwork, making it a very sweet win after what happened the year before, the sweetest championship for the legendary Tim Duncan.

Now the trio in Miami after making it to the Finals every year is broken up after LeBron turned face.

New great storylines might unfold. Wade has greatest season since 2010-2011? Bosh goes into raptor mode? The Cavaliers and Heat having a lot of tough games?

What other "storylines" has there been in the NBA that you've created into an even bigger thing in your mind or has been by others? There doesn't have to be actually good guys and bad guys. A lot of it is real, a lot of it is just an art form.

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:49 PM
My opinion:

For the typical NBA fan, this storyline will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest and most endearing in recent memory and historically. As I said before, people put a premium on nationalism (pride in ones territory), so it will affect them to a much greater extent.

For me personally, I actually love the Dallas Mavericks story line the most. With Dirk Nowitzki being beaten by Wade and the refs in 2006, losing in the first round of the playoffs as the number one seed to the number 8 seed GSW, losing out on FA signing with Dallas and only able to compete by pulling trades together, to Dirk Nowitzki playing like Jesus Christ in the 2011 playoffs (not just Finals), getting their revenge on the stolen championship and never giving up hope of the ultimate prize (NBA Championship), all while being Finals MVP. Dirk Nowitzki won it all having Jason Terry as the second option... that speaks volumes...

The fact Dirk was "loyal" to Dallas does nothing for me, but I can understand why loyal/nationalism means so much to most other people. Just as I wasn't cheering AGAINST the Heat because LeBron and Chris left their respective teams to team up in Miami. I have/had no issue with them doing that.

I'm not a Dallas fan, as I love the game and players in the game, but that championship made it difficult for me not to fall in love with Dallas... it's nothing personal why I'm not a fan of their team (or any other team).

NetsPaint
07-11-2014, 11:54 PM
My opinion:

For the typical NBA fan, this storyline will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest and most endearing in recent memory and historically. As I said before, people put a premium on nationalism (pride in ones territory), so it will affect them to a much greater extent.

For me personally, I actually love the Dallas Mavericks story line the most. With Dirk Nowitzki being beaten by Wade and the refs in 2006, losing in the first round of the playoffs as the number one seed to the number 8 seed GSW, losing out on FA signing with Dallas and only able to compete by pulling trades together, to Dirk Nowitzki playing like Jesus Christ in the 2011 playoffs (not just Finals), getting their revenge on the stolen championship and never giving up hope of the ultimate prize (NBA Championship), all while being Finals MVP. Dirk Nowitzki won it all having Jason Terry as the second option... that speaks volumes...

The fact Dirk was "loyal" to Dallas does nothing for me, but I can understand why loyal/nationalism means so much to most other people.

I'm not a Dallas fan, as I love the game and players in the game, but that championship made it difficult for me not to fall in love with Dallas... it's nothing personal why I'm not a fan of their team (or any other team).
I love that storyline the most too. I wasn't even a Dirk/Dallas fan until the second round against the Lakers. I wanted the Blazers to beat them in the first round. Dirk's out of this world run made me love him.

What's interesting to me is not only is Chandler back, they took it to the Spurs this past Playoffs the most. I wonder if they'll be even tougher this time.

MetroMan
07-11-2014, 11:57 PM
check my sig

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
I love that storyline the most too. I wasn't even a Dirk/Dallas fan until the second round against the Lakers. I wanted the Blazers to beat them in the first round. Dirk's out of this world run made me love him.

What's interesting to me is not only is Chandler back, they took it to the Spurs this past Playoffs the most. I wonder if they'll be even tougher this time.

Yeah for sure! If the Spurs get Pau Gasol, I don't know if the Mavericks can do what they did this past post-season. Both teams are strong, but with Pau, the Spurs are going to be other worldly good.

NetsPaint
07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
check my sig
Lol

One of the saddest moments in wrestling for me. I've been watching wrestling since before I can remember and they're my favorite group of all-time. Fortunately I got to see them live on PPV in May.

DaBear
07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
check my sig

:laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2014, 03:36 PM
This is like Hogan turning heel, and then turning face again.

It seems obvious to me that this was in the works all along. LBJ said: Look Dan, what talk can you bring in for me now? And he said: None. That cap situation sucks. You go where you can win, We'll suck, pick up a ton a first picks because the NBA is rigged, then you come back when we have the cap space, and you'll have a bunch of young All-Stars to play with.