PDA

View Full Version : Has the league became more balance than before?

force_within
07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
When Lebron James joined force with Wade and Bosh four years ago, it can be easily said that there is no balance between teams in the league especially in the East. Right now, with James returning to Cleveland, can we say that the league is more balance than before?

East
Cavs - James, Kyrie, Love or Wiggins (considering the trade will be completed)
Bulls - Healthy Rose, Noah, Melo (considering he will sign with them)
Heat - Bosh and Wade
Pacers - George, Hibbert, Stephenson (considering he will return)

and in the west, we all know how competitive the west is every year
Spurs - defending champions, Leonard, Parker, Duncan, Manu
Rockets - Howard, Harden
Clippers - Griffin, Paul
Thunder - Durant, Westbrook

Thoughts?

*Superman*
07-11-2014, 09:08 PM
The East is no longer a cake walk for one team, so I think so. The balance has shifted in the East.

Crackadalic
07-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Yup. Even the lottery teams have gotten better. Might not have that one huge title contender but the competition will be much better

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 09:13 PM
The East is no longer a cake walk for one team, so I think so. The balance has shifted in the East.

If Melo goes to the Bulls, or the Cavs land Love and some other depth pieces it may very well be though. Lets see what happens in the rest of free agency.

*Superman*
07-11-2014, 09:15 PM
If Melo goes to the Bulls, or the Cavs land Love and some other depth pieces it may very well be though. Lets see what happens in the rest of free agency.

IF the Cavs can add Love, then yeah they would be the favorites in the East IMO. Melo on the Bulls is still tbd, we need to see if Rose can last the whole season.

force_within
07-11-2014, 09:16 PM
and also, just give Sixers some time, we can see them competing in the East with Noel, Embiid and MCW...

shep33
07-11-2014, 09:33 PM
The east still sucks compared to the west. Assuming that Love goes to Cleveland then it's basically like Miami's big 3 all over again.

If Love doesn't go to Cleveland, I see no team out east that can beat the Spurs, Clips, or Thunder. Not even close right now.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 09:37 PM
The east still sucks compared to the west. Assuming that Love goes to Cleveland then it's basically like Miami's big 3 all over again.

If Love doesn't go to Cleveland, I see no team out east that can beat the Spurs, Clips, or Thunder. Not even close right now.

I think Bosh/Wade/Deng+good role players or Lebron's Cavs with Wiggins being good or Love being there... would be legit contenders personally. Bulls with Melo could be too, although I doubt the fit. Not quite as good as west, but MUCH better balance than in recent years.

Cal827
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM

:laugh: What Shep Said.

Also, Toronto should be thrown into that list of teams that should pretty much go home once they win the Eastern Conference cause there's no way in ****ing hell they beat a team out West lol

shep33
07-11-2014, 09:41 PM
I think Bosh/Wade/Deng+good role players or Lebron's Cavs with Wiggins being good or Love being there... would be legit contenders personally. Bulls with Melo could be too, although I doubt the fit. Not quite as good as west, but MUCH better balance than in recent years.

I think the east is more balanced, don't get me wrong, but I still think the west is far superior.

shep33
07-11-2014, 09:43 PM
:laugh: What Shep Said.

Also, Toronto should be thrown into that list of teams that should pretty much go home once they win the Eastern Conference cause there's no way in ****ing hell they beat a team out West lol

Man, I love the raps team. So glad that Lowry is back. But yeah, I just find it hard to see any team out East next year beating one of the elite teams out west in the Finals.

3ballbomber
W/ the big 3 dismantled in Miami the league becomes more tolerable again. But Cavs w/ 4 #1 picks? balanced? not quite

*Superman*
I think the east is more balanced, don't get me wrong, but I still think the west is far superior.

Of course. I think OP might have meant East instead of league. :shrug:

force_within
07-11-2014, 09:51 PM
W/ the big 3 dismantled in Miami the league becomes more tolerable again. But Cavs w/ 4 #1 picks? balanced? not quite

they got really lucky with those picks..and no one expected that James would return to Cleveland, not until the Spurs dismantled the Heat..if James didn't decide return, would you even bring that question up?

Crackadalic
07-11-2014, 09:52 PM

Baby steps man.Baby steps :cool:

force_within
07-11-2014, 09:53 PM

I'm talking about balanced east and league, not what conference is more superior..

bloomis1307
07-11-2014, 09:54 PM
If Cavs won't trade Wiggins and GS won't trade Thompson that could leave a team of Love Rondo combo.

Plus DA could maybe work his magic and get some additional talent with all the picks / prospects they have.
Another team that could compete in the East under the right conditions if you ask me.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:11 PM
LeBron going home was the best news for the NBA as a whole I will say that.

3ballbomber
07-11-2014, 10:18 PM
dude, that siggy gif is hilarious