PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Lakers Doing?

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Serious question, not trying to rub salt in wounds. They go from shooting for Lebron/Melo to settling for Jeremy Lin and helping the team that took Dwight from them acquire Bosh by tomorrow. Under Jim Buss it's just been bad move after bad move. Oddly enough this comes like 2 days after Kobe said he trusts Jim Buss 100 percent :confused:.

goingfor28
07-11-2014, 03:27 PM
They've gone south since Buss died. But they clearly freeing cap and adding picks for the future. Altho Kobe at 25M a year was really stupid

Avenged
07-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Making fools of themselves.

Hellcrooner
07-11-2014, 03:29 PM
they are not done yet.

they are also going to deal with chicago for boozer, saving them the mony from the amnesty AND allowing them to get melo ( or stephenson) and their own F.a Pau gasol.

unless they decide its a " good" move to take Jr Smith and Stoudamire from knicks allowing them to get stepenshon, melo and pau........or some other moronic thing of the like.

Jenceman
07-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Like they have much choice. They gave up too many picks and have no assets. Then they gave Kobe that moronic contract. Did it to themselves. Sucks to be a Laker fan right now.

Although this is technically the right move. Gain a pick, a decent young player who expires next offseason
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 03:32 PM
This was a good move for them.

JordansBulls
07-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Why should it matter? That franchise has had soo much success that it is about time for some other teams out West to do something.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2014, 03:35 PM
they are not done yet.

they are also going to deal with chicago for boozer, saving them the mony from the amnesty AND allowing them to get melo ( or stephenson) and their own F.a Pau gasol.

unless they decide its a " good" move to take Jr Smith and Stoudamire from knicks allowing them to get stepenshon, melo and pau........or some other moronic thing of the like.

The first bit of news after Jamesí decision involved the Los Angeles Lakers and their pursuit of Carmelo Anthony. Anthony, according to ESPNís Stephen A. Smith, is no longer considering the Lakers and will only be looking at the Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks going forward.

This is a huge blow to the Lakers; however, it is not unforeseen. Landing Carmelo Anthony, especially with the roster as currently constructed, was always going to be a long shot. Now that the Lakers are out of contention they must turn their attention to Plan B, which includes pursuits of Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, and Lance Stephenson.

The Lakers will also turn their attention to Pau Gasol and Nick Young, both of whom the Lakers would like to re-sign. Gasol, for what itís worth, seems to be more interested in signing with a contender. He is rumored to be talking with the Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder, and the San Antonio Spurs.

http://lasportshub.com/2014/07/11/let-dominos-fall-lebron-returns-cleveland/

torocan
07-11-2014, 03:35 PM
They're making the smart move on Lin.

Someone would have taken those picks, so better that the Lakers get the picks and fill the roster spot. Toss in that Lin is an expiring contract and PG is a position of need for the Lakers, and he has some marketing pull so can help fill seats in what presumably will be a down year and it makes perfect sense.

And let's be honest, Lebron was never seriously considering any teams other than Miami and Cleveland, and Melo wouldn't have been much better off in terms of a roster going to the Lakers on top of giving up a 5th year.

The Lakers are in rebuild and will be only marginally relevant until they get the ship back on course. It's the cycle of NBA life.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I like the move. he's a big expiring, and can be used at the deadline. he will have a return to form in LA. LA is also getting a draft pick from Houston, I consider it a success. also, only half his contract counts against the books.

Jeremy Lin
Kobe Bryant
?
Julius Randle
?

its a start.

lakerfan85
Serious question, not trying to rub salt in wounds. They go from shooting for Lebron/Melo to settling for Jeremy Lin and helping the team that took Dwight from them acquire Bosh by tomorrow. Under Jim Buss it's just been bad move after bad move. Oddly enough this comes like 2 days after Kobe said he trusts Jim Buss 100 percent :confused:.

They don't want the Clippers to win..

jerellh528
It was the right move, theyre not winning anything this yr anyways. Best to gain assests while we can so we can move forward and avoid ending up like the clippers, ringless and irrelevant for the majority of history.

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 03:39 PM
It was the right move, theyre not winning anything this yr anyways. Best to gain assests while we can so we can move forward and avoid ending up like the clippers, ringless and irrelevant for the majority of history.

so bitter lakers fan...

but... SHOTS FIRED :clap:

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:40 PM

Are you going to conveniently avoid the fact that the last few years spent in mediocrity all Lakers fans have talked about was how they were going to sign X superstars in free agency in 2014? It's not about them winning this year. It's about Jim Buss running the team into the ground with no forseeable direction of the franchise. They bounced back before because Jerry Buss was arguably the best owner in sports. No signs point to the same success now.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2014, 03:41 PM
I like the move. he's a big expiring, and can be used at the deadline. he will have a return to form in LA. LA is also getting a draft pick from Houston, I consider it a success. also, only half his contract counts against the books.

Jeremy Lin
Kobe Bryant
?
Julius Randle
?

its a start.

Ariza, Gasol maybe?

Don't know your cap situation.

PurpleLynch
07-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Shooting for Melo/Lebron was a pipe dream of some fans and journalists. I've never believed in a serious run to any of them(the deal Lakers offered to Melo a max,but inferior to Knicks's offer,that just proves that the Lakers were just trying with little confidence).
Helping the Rockets? Following that logic also the Heat are helping the Rockets acquiring Bosh because they didn't offered him a deal yet.
I admit it isn't a very good trade,but we acquire a decent pg(who can bring new fans and revenus because of his origins),1 first pick protected and one 2nd rounder.Nothing of crazy I know,but not the worst deal I can think of.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Do the Lakers have to renounce Pau's bird rights to fit Lin in?

lakerfan85
07-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Are you going to conveniently avoid the fact that the last few years spent in mediocrity all Lakers fans have talked about was how they were going to sign X superstars in free agency in 2014? It's not about them winning this year. It's about Jim Buss running the team into the ground with no forseeable direction of the franchise. They bounced back before because Jerry Buss was arguably the best owner in sports. No signs point to the same success now.

You should probably worry about how the Clippers are going to get out of the second round...

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Are you going to conveniently avoid the fact that the last few years spent in mediocrity all Lakers fans have talked about was how they were going to sign X superstars in free agency in 2014?

2014 was never huge on our list, we all know it's all about next yr and the year after. If we can gain picks and 1 or two young, high potential guys this year, it's a win. The lakers will be fine, we just won back to back 4 short seasons ago, can't expect to win em all. But at the very least I can be happy that I'm not a clippers fan.

P&GRealist
07-11-2014, 03:45 PM
They're going for the championship!

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:47 PM
2014 was never huge on our list, we all know it's all about next yr and the year after. If we can gain picks and 1 or two young, high potential guys this year, it's a win. The lakers will be fine, we just won back to back 4 short seasons ago, can't expect to win em all. But at the very least I can be happy that I'm not a clippers fan.

Hahaha. Okay.

chitown85
07-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Boozer on his way there shortly as well.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:49 PM
You should probably worry about how the Clippers are going to get out of the second round...

Love your signature. May want to update it.

lakerfan85
07-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Love your signature. May want to update it.

Why? Did somebody steal that trophy they won? I tell you what.. I'll update it when the Clippers win one..

P&GRealist
07-11-2014, 03:51 PM

Spurs, now Houston, with OKC are light yrs ahead of the Clippers. They didn't address any of their deficiencies from last yr, and Blake Griffin doesn't even have a post game. Clippers aren't even in the conversation of Elite West. U either strongly contend or don't even make the playoffs in the west. Not be in playoff purgatory yr in yr out like the Clippers.

Lakers suck now, but have a brighter FUTURE than the Clippers.

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Hahaha. Okay.

I know why you made this and I know why you're laughing. It must be hard being the fan of a second rate franchise that's been in the lakers shadow since it's beginning. Having to drive around la during the parade, only it's not the one you hoped to see. Your own home games are a constant reminder that your team will always be just that other la team, our banners hang. So now, you see a glimmer of hope for your franchise while the lakers struggle and you take it as your opening, just as your kind would. It's fine, enjoy it while you can, there has to be something for you fans to enjoy. I bet to you this is like it's own version of a clipper championship.

lakerfan85
07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Spurs, now Houston, with OKC are light yrs ahead of the Clippers. They didn't address any of their deficiencies from last yr, and Blake Griffin doesn't even have a post game. Clippers aren't even in the conversation of Elite West. U either strongly contend or don't even make the playoffs in the west. Not be in playoff purgatory yr in yr out like the Clippers.

Lakers will be back eventually..

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Wow the Clips hate is real by the Lakers lol to say you have a brighter future than the Clippers is just blind hate/ignorance.

They picked up hawes, which clearly was a need for them as they did not have a reliable back up big... and OKC is was a few bs calls away from losing to the Clips, they got robbed.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:55 PM

You should get paid to be a PR man with this beautiful spin. The Clippers top weakness in recent years was backup big and 3 point shooting (in comparison to other WC contenders). OKC/Spurs etc far more reliable shooters. Then they go and add two 40+ percent shooters from deep AND finally fill the 3 year hole at backup big with Hawes and somehow they aren't a contender and declined? Haha. Statistically the Clippers were the 3rd best team in the league last year and were a few horrendous calls from the WCF (losing against the 2nd best team in basketball statistically). Clippers proved they belong in the upper echelon.

Clippers are actually one of the most balanced elite teams in the league. Number 1 offense, 8th best defense. Mind you that was with a new system, coaching staff and a bunch of new players. As the continuity grows, Clippers will have more success. Blake and DJ aren't in their prime yet either. Blake doesn't have a post game? Lol.

TheMightyHumph
07-11-2014, 03:56 PM
This was a good move for them.

Should have bled Rockets for more. Houston was in a desperate situation.

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Comment about blake not having a post game is absolutely hilarious..

your probably 1-2 years to late with that comment.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:57 PM
I know why you made this and I know why you're laughing. It must be hard being the fan of a second rate franchise that's been in the lakers shadow since it's beginning. Having to drive around la during the parade, only it's not the one you hoped to see. Your own home games are a constant reminder that your team will always be just that other la team, our banners hang. So now, you see a glimmer of hope for your franchise while the lakers struggle and you take it as your opening, just as your kind would. It's fine, enjoy it while you can, there has to be something for you fans to enjoy. I bet to you this is like it's own version of a clipper championship.

Actually I made this thread with nothing but sincere intentions and didn't disrespect anyone. YOU are the one who started pouting and attacking people. Sounds like you have some legit deep seeded resentment towards the Clippers, not the other way around. I actually have zero issue with the Lakers on a personal level.

lakerfan85
07-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Actually I made this thread with nothing but sincere intentions and didn't disrespect anyone. YOU are the one who started pouting and attacking people. Sounds like you have some legit deep seeded resentment towards the Clippers, not the other way around. I actually have zero issue with the Lakers on a personal level.

This is laughable at best.. All you do is bait and disrespect other teams..

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 04:00 PM
This is laughable at best.. All you do is bait and disrespect other teams..

Show me where. What in my original post seemed insincere or sarcastic enough to be "baiting". I've baited here and there long ago, but not enough to be labeled as someone who does this. In fact over the last 6-8 months I haven't even posted much until this week.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Comment about blake not having a post game is absolutely hilarious..

your probably 1-2 years to late with that comment.

Maybe if he says it enough times, it will become true? Did he forget who just turned 25 and finished 3rd in the MVP race last year?

mngopher35
07-11-2014, 04:01 PM
They don't appear in great shape, but the (rumored) Rockets deal was a solid move. Get extra hype (and probably starting pg) while being an expiring and getting a pick for it. I think after Kobe got that contract most figured it would be harder to get a superstar (or more) in fa. They are still the L.A. Lakers and will be back in a few years.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 04:03 PM
PS my favorite posters on this forum are both Lakers fans. I may talk trash in the heat of the moment DURING games but the only team I truly cannot stand is OKC. Lakers fans can be annoying at times but the actual team, I'm neutral on.

Gibby23
07-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Kicking the can with the cap space and adding picks. Best thing to do once they missed on Melo. Got a rookie this year and now a 1st for next year and kicked the cap space with Nash expiring next year.

LALA
07-11-2014, 04:06 PM
When the Lakers lose, its like winning for the Clippers.

IF the lakers even sniff the playoffs this season, the Clippers will head back to irrelevancy in LA. So they should enjoy this.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Kicking the can with the cap space and adding picks. Best thing to do once they missed on Melo. Got a rookie this year and now a 1st for next year and kicked the cap space with Nash expiring next year.

I get it in a way... but that only works in two circumstances.

1. You draft a legit franchise player (IE not Randle).

2. You actually sign superstars.

Now I know it's the Lakers.. but we've seen for two years in a row now the Lakers strike out in free agency when going for big names. When you're a lotto team, even the Lakers.. it's very hard to attract free agents. Combine that with the fact that the coaching situation is in limbo and ownership has been shaky and I don't think it will be as easy as before. The one constant before was Dr Jerry Buss. Then Phil Jackson for a while. Without those two, nothing has happened.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Its actually kind of fun to see Lakers fans in such a state of delusion. That team is in trouble for the foreseeable future. Even if they managed to aqcuire Melo or Love... it wouldn't get them very far.

They are going to have to rely on actually building through the draft for a while like normal teams do. That can be a long process. There is a good chance they will suck for a while.

numba1CHANGsta
07-11-2014, 04:11 PM
They're getting ready for 2016 KD

LakerShow
07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Jim buss is a ****.

5ass
07-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Basketball reasons.

lavell12
07-11-2014, 04:46 PM
As a Lakers fan I actually think this move and the potential trade with the knicks is smart. Pilling up draft picks is what the team should do. I don't want to over pay for guys like Bleadsoe or Stephens. Build around Randle and pile up picks.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Its actually kind of fun to see Lakers fans in such a state of delusion. That team is in trouble for the foreseeable future. Even if they managed to aqcuire Melo or Love... it wouldn't get them very far.

They are going to have to rely on actually building through the draft for a while like normal teams do. That can be a long process. There is a good chance they will suck for a while.

suck? don't count on it.

win a championship? might take a while.

Gibby23
07-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I get it in a way... but that only works in two circumstances.

1. You draft a legit franchise player (IE not Randle).

2. You actually sign superstars.

Now I know it's the Lakers.. but we've seen for two years in a row now the Lakers strike out in free agency when going for big names. When you're a lotto team, even the Lakers.. it's very hard to attract free agents. Combine that with the fact that the coaching situation is in limbo and ownership has been shaky and I don't think it will be as easy as before. The one constant before was Dr Jerry Buss. Then Phil Jackson for a while. Without those two, nothing has happened.

They just have to draft good young players and spend on you valuable pieces next season and it wonít be hard to get a player they want. 1st step is to collect assets that you can draft or trade. We just got one 1st round pick we didnít have and will most likely get another in a sign and trade for Gasol. I know you are a Clippers fan, but what have they built? A second round team? Come and tell me how great the Clippers are when they win a ring with this core they have. The Lakers just helped Houston become a better team than the Clippers if they end up with Bosh. The only championship banners in Staples will be Lakers oneís, and they will get another before the Clippers get their 1st.

5ass
07-11-2014, 05:02 PM
This is how i see it going. Sometime in the next couple of years they'll land some significant FA(s) and use their assets they've acquired to trade for another. After that they'll be in the play offs again and maybe compete for a championship.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 05:03 PM
They don't appear in great shape, but the (rumored) Rockets deal was a solid move. Get extra hype (and probably starting pg) while being an expiring and getting a pick for it. I think after Kobe got that contract most figured it would be harder to get a superstar (or more) in fa. They are still the L.A. Lakers and will be back in a few years.

Kobes contract makes it hard to build a contender through free agency in the summer. i think thats why the Lakers are loading up on expiring contracts and draft picks. they might not be able to sign talent outright to turn the team into a playoff contender, but they can load up on enough assets to make themselves attractive to front offices with expiring free agents on disgruntled teams.

If the Lakers take on Boozer they could probably get two more firsts, along with the first they're getting today. If that happens an offer of Julius Randle, Carlos Boozer (expiring), 2 first round picks for Kevin Love might look like one of the better offers Minny receives for Love. then the Lakers have all the cap space in the world to give Love his defensive anchor- they can go after Marc Gasol next off season. if Pau stays LAL is going to be a realistic possibility for Marc Gasol (so long as LAL doesn't blow all their cap space now on Lance Stephenson, ect).

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:04 PM
They just have to draft good young players and spend on you valuable pieces next season and it wonít be hard to get a player they want. 1st step is to collect assets that you can draft or trade. We just got one 1st round pick we didnít have and will most likely get another in a sign and trade for Gasol. I know you are a Clippers fan, but what have they built? A second round team? Come and tell me how great the Clippers are when they win a ring with this core they have. The Lakers just helped Houston become a better team than the Clippers if they end up with Bosh. The only championship banners in Staples will be Lakers oneís, and they will get another before the Clippers get their 1st.

Do you hold the Clippers to the same standards of the Lakers? If not, stop bringing them up. For the Clippers a couple bad years in a row is the norm. For the Lakers, it's never happened to this degree in their entire history. The Clippers success or lackthereof is completely irrelevant to the Lakers rebuild.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:06 PM
It's sad that for every Shep, Giants and Bruno here.. there are 10 other Lakers fans that are incredibly insecure and quick to attack other posters because they lack the basketball knowledge to answer a series of questions with logical thoughts. These are legitimate questions, yet many in here have turned it into a pouting session and a time to lash out at other posters unprovoked.

Gibby23
07-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Do you hold the Clippers to the same standards of the Lakers? If not, stop bringing them up. For the Clippers a couple bad years in a row is the norm. For the Lakers, it's never happened to this degree in their entire history. The Clippers success or lackthereof is completely irrelevant to the Lakers rebuild.

If you think they are a championship caliber team I do. When the Lakers assemble championship caliber teams, they cash in. They cashed in so much the Clippers covered the evidence so they wouldnít get discouraged.

DillyDill
07-11-2014, 05:08 PM
I believe in my Lakes will be back in contention eventually. But lets not forget we're not the only historic franchise rebuilding at the moment, so is Boston,Detriot, New York.

Gibby23
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
It's sad that for every Shep, Giants and Bruno here.. there are 10 other Lakers fans that are incredibly insecure and quick to attack other posters because they lack the basketball knowledge to answer a series of questions with logical thoughts. These are legitimate questions, yet many in here have turned it into a pouting session and a time to lash out at other posters unprovoked.

Lack of basketball knowledge? LOL.. Go back and search each and every thread you have made and make that lack of basketball knowledge comment again.

Method28
07-11-2014, 05:11 PM
As a Clippers fan I think this was a good move by the Lakers. Its a small step in the right direction. Lin is not THAT bad. They get a draft pick that they didn't have and that really helps in a rebuilding stage.

If they couldnt land the top dogs then this is the next step.

Brooklyn_lakers
07-11-2014, 05:13 PM
The lakers are going to suck again this year. I'm not use to this. Even in 05 after shaq left we had one bad year but that was it. Top it all off, Phoenix has our first round pick. Hopefully we suck top 5 bad so they don't get it. And idk the rockets pick. We ****ing suck! **** the front office.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:13 PM
If you think they are a championship caliber team I do. When the Lakers assemble championship caliber teams, they cash in. They cashed in so much the Clippers covered the evidence so they wouldnít get discouraged.

I think it takes more than 3 years to build a true title contender when you were a lottery team for 30 years prior. The Clippers are doing just fine progression wise since they drafted Blake Griffin. Since CP3 they have the 4th highest win percentage in the league during that time after the Heat/Thunder/Spurs. Lost to superior teams in all 3 years in the playoffs (at least record wise and statistically). Year one ran into buzz saw Spurs team who won 19 straight, including the playoffs.

Next year ran into the Grizzlies who had the same record and Griffin/CP3 were both injured. Then this last season they lost to OKC who was favored and even then... should of won the series if not for atrocious late game calls and some horribly unlucky errors. OKC was pushed to it's limits in all but one game. Mind you last year was the first year under a good coach and Griffin/DJ aren't in their prime yet. Clippers will be fine.

The fact that the Clippers have become a perennial contender or fringe contender the last 3 years DESPITE Donald Sterling nixing trades and screwing shi* up is a miracle in itself. Once Ballmer comes in, expect the gap between the LA teams to grow for the forseeable future. He's already planning on buying the Kings and Staples center, making the Lakers the only "tenants".

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Lack of basketball knowledge? LOL.. Go back and search each and every thread you have made and make that lack of basketball knowledge comment again.

That's a new one. I've been called a homer plenty, but never told I lack knowledge about the sport, which is my passion. In your particular case, knowledge doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as denial and insecurity though.

Laker Legend42
07-11-2014, 05:16 PM
This is coming from a clippers fan? A hand full of years in the relevance column which was helped by the commissioner. The lakers weren't gonna get either of those guys so you switch focus. They don't want Lin they want thr picks. A clippers fan should have picked up on that. That team has been living on draft picks for the majority of its existence. The lakers will be fine..................at some point (I think)

D Blue987
07-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Ok yes the Clippers are better than the Lakers but at least our owner isnt a senile racist!! He's just an idiot who as of now deserves to lose his job. His daddy is rolling around in his grave.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Ok yes the Clippers are better than the Lakers but at least our owner isnt a senile racist!! He's just an idiot who as of now deserves to lose his job. His daddy is rolling around in his grave.

Agree. Good thing he's on his way out.

Pakman
07-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Not surprised at the OP for making this thread. Clippers fans been waiting for decades to trounce on the lakers. Cant blame em. Living in the cellar will do that to ya

PowerHouse
07-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Whether the Lakers are in the midst of a dynasty or some down years one thing always remains the same. Lakers still have 16 banners up in the rafters and are still the franchise that everyone else wish they can be like. Try all you like to rub salt in the wound...if you can find a wound.

mngopher35
07-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Kobes contract makes it hard to build a contender through free agency in the summer. i think thats why the Lakers are loading up on expiring contracts and draft picks. they might not be able to sign talent outright to turn the team into a playoff contender, but they can load up on enough assets to make themselves attractive to front offices with expiring free agents on disgruntled teams.

If the Lakers take on Boozer they could probably get two more firsts, along with the first they're getting today. If that happens an offer of Julius Randle, Carlos Boozer (expiring), 2 first round picks for Kevin Love might look like one of the better offers Minny receives for Love. then the Lakers have all the cap space in the world to give Love his defensive anchor- they can go after Marc Gasol next off season. if Pau stays LAL is going to be a realistic possibility for Marc Gasol (so long as LAL doesn't blow all their cap space now on Lance Stephenson, ect).

Completely agree with the idea but not sure about Love (I'm hopeful of Wiggins but we will see). I think you guys will do what you said in looking to acquire another expiring plus asset but that you will just have a bad team this year. Next year that leaves a lot of cap space and some assets though (randle plus the picks).

I am not sure who you would want via trade if Love goes to Cle but I am not sure anything great would be available until deadline maybe or next year. Rondo? (I wouldn't).

L8kers4life
07-11-2014, 05:41 PM
I think it takes more than 3 years to build a true title contender when you were a lottery team for 30 years prior. The Clippers are doing just fine progression wise since they drafted Blake Griffin. Since CP3 they have the 4th highest win percentage in the league during that time after the Heat/Thunder/Spurs. Lost to superior teams in all 3 years in the playoffs (at least record wise and statistically). Year one ran into buzz saw Spurs team who won 19 straight, including the playoffs.

Next year ran into the Grizzlies who had the same record and Griffin/CP3 were both injured. Then this last season they lost to OKC who was favored and even then... should of won the series if not for atrocious late game calls and some horribly unlucky errors. OKC was pushed to it's limits in all but one game. Mind you last year was the first year under a good coach and Griffin/DJ aren't in their prime yet. Clippers will be fine.

The fact that the Clippers have become a perennial contender or fringe contender the last 3 years DESPITE Donald Sterling nixing trades and screwing shi* up is a miracle in itself. Once Ballmer comes in, expect the gap between the LA teams to grow for the forseeable future. He's already planning on buying the Kings and Staples center, making the Lakers the only "tenants".

First your statement Balmer is buying staples and the kings is completely false. Secondly, quit talking about separation between the la teams and perennial contenders when your Clippers have never been past the 2nd round. The Clippers are better than the lakers this is true, but until you guys have won anything besides the Pacific division, just stop. We missed the playoffs once in 10 years and have been to the finals 3 times and won the championship twice, what have the Clippers done the last 10 years?

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Not surprised at the OP for making this thread. Clippers fans been waiting for decades to trounce on the lakers. Cant blame em. Living in the cellar will do that to ya

Read the post again, tell me where I "trounced" on the Lakers. I was stating the literal and real situation they are in right now and asking for opinions on their direction. Lakers fans continue being the most sensitive fan base alive in sports though, despite supposedly having nothing to be insecure about. Makes no sense to me.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 05:44 PM
i think the Lakers should double down and take on Boozers contract if they can get Chicago to include Jimmy Butler and/or a first. butler is a RFA next season, if Chicago goes big they won't be able to keep him. especially if they get Melo. maybe LAL throws back a second rounder or two.

Lin/Nash
Kobe
Butler
Randle/Boozer.
Sacre

LAL can then put together a solid package for Kevin Love that will rival any package excluding Wiggins. Randle/Boozer (expiring) 2 first round picks for Kevin Love and a second round pick.

I think LAL would be brilliant to offer Nash for Larry Sanders. Sanders has been problem but his talent is legitimate as are his physical detentions. he is an excellent rim protector, and would serve as the final piece to the puzzle. the bucks get out from under his contract, and he won't serve as a negative influence on Parker/Giannis and the Lakers get a player who's currently worth well below his true value. Sanders would thrive in an environment lead by Kobe and the Laker brass. having a strong minded coach like Byron Scott could help turn Sanders from a distraction to a focused defender.

Lin
Kobe
Butler
Love
Sanders

Lin comes off the books after next season and LAL can make a stab at a PG in next years free agency. Rondo, Dragic, Kemba Walker (RFA), Patrick Beverly (RFA), Brandon Knight (RFA) Ricky Rubio (RFA).

if the Lakers don't go after Sanders Marc Gasol and Ricky Rubio are both free agents in 2015. If Pau is still a Laker, LAL would be a realistic draw for both players depending on how the Lakers spend their cap space this off-season.

Laker Legend42
07-11-2014, 05:45 PM
I've been on here for a while and up until a couple years you couldn't find a clippers fan not even on the clippers board. In fact I live here and grew up not far from the sports arena and going back the only clippers fans I knew of was billy crystal. Before the life size selfies you wouldn't have known the clippers even played at staples. The clips need to at the very least win the west before anybody takes them serious. The question was "what are the lakers doing" that from the fan of a team who holds the label of worst organization in team sports. The clippers are fun to watch and they are on the rise but I'm not ready to hear that from a fan base that didn't exist a few years ago or was just flat Embarrassed to claim them. Here in LA we would go to clippers games to see the other teams stars. Tickets were always cheaper than lakers seats.

DillyDill
Read the post again, tell me where I "trounced" on the Lakers. I was stating the literal and real situation they are in right now and asking for opinions on their direction. Lakers fans continue being the most sensitive fan base alive in sports though, despite supposedly having nothing to be insecure about. Makes no sense to me.
The Lakes aren't the only historic franchise rebuilding. So are Boston (who have more rings), Detriot and NY. What about their direction?

Clippersfan86
First your statement Balmer is buying staples and the kings is completely false. Secondly, quit talking about separation between the la teams and perennial contenders when your Clippers have never been past the 2nd round. The Clippers are better than the lakers this is true, but until you guys have won anything besides the Pacific division, just stop. We missed the playoffs once in 10 years and have been to the finals 3 times and won the championship twice, what have the Clippers done the last 10 years?

It's not false at all.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/could-clippers-owner-steve-ballmer-become-king-of-kings/

"The speculation surrounding Ballmer is that, according to our source, is in negotiations to purchase the Staples Center from AEG and the L.A. Arena Company (a subsidiary of AEG) for a price tag of about $1 billion. But our source tells us that AEG would only sell the Staples Center if the Kings were also part of the deal. That would push the deal to as high as $1.5 billion. AEG owner Philip Anschutz tried to sell AEG in its entirety two years ago, but could not find a buyer for the price tag of between $8 billion and $10 billion. So the notion that AEG might sell off its assets piecemeal makes some sense."

It's been on hold with Sterling fiasco in court but once sale is final, it's quite possible. You can keep discussing 5 years ago and beyond all you want, it's irrelevant to not only the topic of the thread, but to all of the posts I've made. Not once have I brought up anybody's past, or even future in terms of what WILL or WON'T happen. I'm pretty much only talking about right now.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:47 PM
The Lakes aren't the only historic franchise rebuilding. So are Boston (who have more rings), Detriot and NY. What about their direction?

Only the Lakers have such juicy, dramatic plot lines TBH. Maybe it's just an L.A thing.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I've been on here for a while and up until a couple years you couldn't find a clippers fan not even on the clippers board. In fact I live here and grew up not far from the sports arena and going back the only clippers fans I knew of was billy crystal. Before the life size selfies you wouldn't have known the clippers even played at staples. The clips need to at the very least win the west before anybody takes them serious. The question was "what are the lakers doing" that from the fan of a team who holds the label of worst organization in team sports. The clippers are fun to watch and they are on the rise but I'm not ready to hear that from a fan base that didn't exist a few years ago or was just flat Embarrassed to claim them. Here in LA we would go to clippers games to see the other teams stars. Tickets were always cheaper than lakers seats.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704094304575029424136299794

You should give this a read. The biggest cop out I hear from other fans is the bandwagon claim. It cracks me up. I've personally been a fan since 98 and a vocal one at that. I've never been embarrassed.

L8kers4life
07-11-2014, 05:52 PM

We're not sensitive more like annoyed that fans from a team that have never won anything make a thread about what's happening to our team. Stop talking about the lakers, clipper fan. Worry about your team, the Clippers are the worst franchise in the history of the NBA and laker fan constantly has to listen to your fans trash the lakers, you guys are good, but just quit talking about how bad the lakers are, when you guys have never won ****!

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:53 PM
We're not sensitive more like annoyed that fans from a team that have never won anything make a thread about what's happening to our team. Stop talking about the lakers, clipper fan. Worry about your team, the Clippers are the worst franchise in the history of the NBA and laker fan constantly has to listen to your fans trash the lakers, you guys are good, but just quit talking about how bad the lakers are, when you guys have never won ****!

So fans of historically bad teams aren't allowed to discuss historically superior teams on a forum? Good logic.

Tymathee
07-11-2014, 05:54 PM
well, maybe Mitch knew that Bosh wasn't going to sign with Houston and he took a chance to shoot Houston in the foot with a pick and taking talent away. Lin was under used there anyway. If we get Byron Scott, Lin will blow up.

DillyDill
07-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Only the Lakers have such juicy, dramatic plot lines TBH. Maybe it's just an L.A thing.

No we should discuss the C's alot more. They were in a waaaaayyyy longer drought than us before their 08 ship.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Completely agree with the idea but not sure about Love (I'm hopeful of Wiggins but we will see). I think you guys will do what you said in looking to acquire another expiring plus asset but that you will just have a bad team this year. Next year that leaves a lot of cap space and some assets though (randle plus the picks).

I am not sure who you would want via trade if Love goes to Cle but I am not sure anything great would be available until deadline maybe or next year. Rondo? (I wouldn't).

LAL just puts themselves in a position where they can throw their name in the hat for Love. Other teams might put together better packages that the Minny brass likes better, but a package of Randle/Boozer and two first is a decent package. better than anything Cleveland could offer without giving up Wiggins, IMO.

Other unrestricted free agents besides Kevin Love who the Lakers could target with their new expirings and picks include Paul Milsap, Rondo, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson (player option), Tyson Chandler, Omer Asik, Roy Hibbert (player option), DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, and Goran Dragic (player option). if any of the teams who have any of these players believe they will walk, LAL could make a stab at it with the right package.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 05:58 PM
No we should discuss the C's alot more. They were in a waaaaayyyy longer drought than us before their 08 ship.

I wouldn't oppose it. Just so little drama in comparison. Lakers are very interesting with "not a single fu** given" Kobe, coaching drama, Mitch's stares and blunt answers, Jim/Jeanie's conflicts in the front office. I'm not kidding either, it's just very entertaining/Hollywood.

Laker Legend42
07-11-2014, 05:59 PM

You should give this a read. The biggest cop out I hear from other fans is the bandwagon claim. It cracks me up. I've personally been a fan since 98 and a vocal one at that. I've never been embarrassed.
I didn't say you in particular but if you are a long time fan you would know what I'm saying is true. There was never a lot of vocal clippers fans in this city. The only sell outs was when teams with great players came to town. So you know I didn't say something that wasn't true.

Tymathee
07-11-2014, 06:01 PM

I dont doubt there were clipper fans before blake and paul but they didn't show up to the games like they are not. The clippers used to advertise "come see so n so star play the clippers" now its "come see the clipper show"

there are quite a few bandwagon fans at clipper games, and converted "Laker" fans, those who follow the winner and now want to jump on the clips and crap on the Lakers.

DillyDill
07-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't oppose it. Just so little drama in comparison. Lakers are very interesting with "not a single fu** given" Kobe, coaching drama, Mitch's stares and blunt answers, Jim/Jeanie's conflicts in the front office. I'm not kidding either, it's just very entertaining/Hollywood.
Yea that it true, seems like every thing is magnified in LA and NY. But what about NYK they ain't won since 72 and their the biggest market in world, so I think the Lakes derserve their drought for awhile

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I dont doubt there were clipper fans before blake and paul but they didn't show up to the games like they are not. The clippers used to advertise "come see so n so star play the clippers" now its "come see the clipper show"

there are quite a few bandwagon fans at clipper games, and converted "Laker" fans, those who follow the winner and now want to jump on the clips and crap on the Lakers.

True. Thing is that goes for all newly successful teams. I remember 3-4 years ago the Grizzlies picked up a ton of bandwagoners, as did OKC. Then in recent years it's been Clippers and Heat. Most legit fans started off as casual/bandwagon fans. Very few were born into it nowadays it seems, or in my case fell in love with the team when they were horrible.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Jordan Hill just signed for 9 mill a year, Nick Young 4 year deal at about 6 a year. Still think Lakers are holding out for next year or the year after? I don't think Mitch/Buss family have the patience to do a true rebuild and tear things down. If they did, they wouldn't of given Kobe 25 mill a year. I think they will try for a quick rebuild, which usually backfires.

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Some of you Laker's fans are real butt hurt right now.. Just because Clipperfans86 makes a relevant thread about the Lakers doesn't mean hes hating rofl.

This is a NBA forum, where we talk basketball.. don't be so sensitive that other posters are discussing the current situation of your team...

Also, fyi if the entire clippers roster was on the Lakers instead, im 99% all you fans would be claiming you were a serious title contender..

shep33
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
The Hill deal is a bit much, but Pau is gone so we needed a big.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
The Hill deal is a bit much, but Pau is gone so we needed a big.

I LOVE Jordan Hill's game. I wanted him on the Clippers for the last 2-3 years. His issue is health.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Some of you Laker's fans are real butt hurt right now.. Just because Clipperfans86 makes a relevant thread about the Lakers doesn't mean hes hating rofl.

This is a NBA forum, where we talk basketball.. don't be so sensitive that other posters are discussing the current situation of your team...

Also, fyi if the entire clippers roster was on the Lakers instead, im 99% all you fans would be claiming you were a serious title contender..

This is a fact.

beasted86
07-11-2014, 06:29 PM
well, maybe Mitch knew that Bosh wasn't going to sign with Houston and he took a chance to shoot Houston in the foot with a pick and taking talent away. Lin was under used there anyway. If we get Byron Scott, Lin will blow up.
Lin could learn a lot from Nash to become a more consistent shooter and pure point guard.

Lakers are also probably the only team in the NBA that doesn't have to worry about paying Lin $15M... chump change to them.

Aust
07-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Nick Young 4 year deal at about 6 a year.

Apparently it's closer to 5/year

shep33
07-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Jordan Hill just signed for 9 mill a year, Nick Young 4 year deal at about 6 a year. Still think Lakers are holding out for next year or the year after? I don't think Mitch/Buss family have the patience to do a true rebuild and tear things down. If they did, they wouldn't of given Kobe 25 mill a year. I think they will try for a quick rebuild, which usually backfires.

We were screwed for 2015 either way. We don't have a pick (well the Rockets now but that's out of our tanking control).

Glad we didn't sign Parsons for like 15 mill a year. I think most Laker fans realized that we aren't going anywhere until Kobe's deal is up. Sucks, but not much we can do now.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:31 PM
We were screwed for 2015 either way. We don't have a pick (well the Rockets now but that's out of our tanking control).

Glad we didn't sign Parsons for like 15 mill a year. I think most Laker fans realized that we aren't going anywhere until Kobe's deal is up. Sucks, but not much we can do now.

True. No point in crying over spilled milk.

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Just overpaid Jordan hill too

KobeOwnSU
07-11-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry, I was gonna answer this Clipper troll 7 pages ago but I got distracted counting our trophies.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry, I was gonna answer this Clipper troll 7 pages ago but I got distracted counting our trophies.

I was going to write you a longer message but I got distracted watching the Lakers on the history channel.

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 06:37 PM
I was going to write you a longer message but I got distracted watching the Lakers on the history channel.

ou kill em

Gibby23

Only 2 years, expires with Kobe. Probably have over $40 million in Cap space in 2 years and about $20 million next year with Lin and Nash coming off. Picked up a 1st round pick for next year and we have our own 1st in 2016. Might get a 1st for Gasol in a S&T. We are finally in full rebuild mode.

shep33

Yup. I think Hill is our starting center with Pau gone though

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 56s
Pau Gasol turned down a two-year, $10M-plus per deal with the Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Likely moving on.

Wow. Pau turned down 2 years/20+ mill.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA ∑ 42s
Pau Gasol turned down a two-year, $10M-plus per deal with the Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Likely moving on.

This franchise has lost it.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Lowballed? The offered a declining 34 year old player 10+ mill a year.

Bruno
since they offered Jordan Hill 2 years 18 million I'm assuming they offered Pau 10 million a year over two years?

shep33
Pau's time in LA should be up. We need to move on

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 06:43 PM

2 years/10 million??

That's 10 million a year to you?

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:43 PM
It says "plus per" I was assuming it meant to say per year?

nickdymez
07-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Oh well

Aust
They want their 1st rounder back from Phoenix lol. Suck so bad we pick top 5.

Clippersfan86
Yup, verified. My comprehension is better than yours :p. Corrected it to 2/20 as I read it.

beliges

If you thing the Lakers are going anywhere once Kobe is gone then you are just delusional. Lakers should have done everything to bring a contender around Kobe for the next few seasons.

nickdymez
07-11-2014, 06:45 PM
and what have the Lakers lost?

Nikeman
It says "plus per" I was assuming it meant to say per year?

Oh my god... I have lost it... I am so sorry

Gibby23
2 years/10 million??

per

LakersOrNothing
NOOOOOO!!!! Our MVP is GONE!!!!!!! :ohno:

Nikeman
per

Yeah sorry, I have lost it

mngopher35
Ya it sounds like 10 mil per year, not horrible

Clippersfan86

Haha no biggy dude, just busting your chops. I do that all the time.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 06:46 PM
2 years 10 mill? PFFFFFHAHAAHAHAHA

That's way too much.

Yeah didn't expect that answer did ya? :p

Pau is almost garbage now. I could care less about him. I'm glad the Lakers gave Pau a reality check offer and realized Pau is not even close to the same player he was before.

Thanks for the memories Pau but you were dead to me two years ago and your *** should have been traded since.

Maybe the Spurs can make good use of him, but in LA? He was useless.

Max.This
07-11-2014, 06:46 PM
2 years/10 million??

yeah its 10 mil per year for 2 years. Ball park of 2/20 mil. It shows that pau really doesnt want to stay in LA, but where will he go?

bucketss
07-11-2014, 06:47 PM
the whole lakers organization (including their fans) have been disrespecting pau for a while now,

Atticus Finch

That means you're the perfect hire for the Lakers front office!

IndyRealist
Everyone understands that Kobe eating up half the cap by himself is not conducive to putting together a championship team.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 06:48 PM
yeah its 10 mil per year for 2 years. Ball park of 2/20 mil. It shows that pau really doesnt want to stay in LA, but where will he go?

Wait, it was 2 years 20 mill?

**** Lakers don't give Pau that! Let his *** go!

But Pau rejected it, thank god.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Everyone understands that Kobe eating up half the cap by himself is not conducive to putting together a championship team.

He's technically eating up 47 percent of the salary cap. Learn to count!

LakersOrNothing
07-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Someone please find hellcooner and make sure he hasn't commited suicide!

Nikeman
Lol nobody wants to play for the Lakers anymore.

shep33
Team option for 2nd year. Good deal

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't mind Houston going after Pau now that Bosh is gone

beliges
07-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Lakers had more than enough cap space to build another championship team around Kobe. Seems like the glory days of the Lakers passed with Jerry Buss however. Doesnt seem like anyone wants to play for Jim. Lakers have no coach and now have no real future. Only bright spot they got is Kobe and he will unfortunately waste away his final years battling for a 7-8 seed playoff spot.

LakersOrNothing
Hopefully he goes to a Contender!

Aust
If it is 10m/per than this thread should be close or the title should be changed.

IndyRealist
07-11-2014, 06:52 PM
He's technically eating up 47 percent of the salary cap. Learn to count!

Ha, I stand corrected then! That 3% means Gasol was CRAZY to leave! :D

Gibby23
We probably didnít offer a no trade clause. Always in trade rumors and was traded once. He has to take an MLE now unless he goes to Houston soon because we cant sign and trade with the players we just signed.

JNA17
Hopefully he goes to a Contender!

If he goes to the Spurs, I wish him all the success. Just not on the Lakers lol.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 06:54 PM
If it is 10m/per than this thread should be close or the title should be changed.

Yeah I got mistaken too.

NoahH
What is going on with the LA Lakers? For years people have coveted playing in LA, but this year it has become clear that players do not want to play in LA. Lakers have missed out on:

Melo
Isaiah Thomas
Lebron / Wade / Bosh
Kevin Love (looks that way)
etc etc

Is it managements fault? What's going on?

KobeOwnSU

I'm sorry, the glare from our rings won't allow me to read your reply.

Nikeman
Yeah, I ****ed up the title guys, can a mod please fix it? Sorry I mis-read... pulled an all nighter last night as I had a big exam.

Gibby23
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Heat fan just said the Lakers have lost it when a guy we have been trying to trade doesnít want to come back, but the heat just lost the best player in the NBA from a team that was ready to win more, went to 4 straight finals, and won 2 rings. lol

KobeOwnSU
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Honestly, the Lakers weren't going to win this season or next even as long as Kobe's contract is on the books. They are putting a young team together and trying to acquire as many assets as possible. It's going to be ugly but we don't really know how it will turn out, lets wait a few years and see.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry, the glare from our rings won't allow me to read your reply.

I'm sorry the dust on the Lakers history book is causing me to sneeze uncontrollably, therefor my eyes are watering too much right now to see these ancient rings you speak of. :p

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 06:57 PM
We put Gasol on the trading block three consecutive years. Not to mention the way DAntoni disrespected him? I love what he did for us but he needs to leave....

JNA17
07-11-2014, 06:58 PM
You know Lebron just signed back with the Cavs. When did today become "Troll Lakers Day" with literally FIVE straight threads about their moves or lack there of?

Yeah, Lakers didn't get Melo AND Lebron. Big whoop. It wasn't realistic before and it isn't realistic now. The big picture was getting assets and moving forward to either 2015 FA or 2016 FA. 2014 was a crapshoot, especially with Nash's contract.

KobeOwnSU
07-11-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry the dust on the Lakers history book is causing me to sneeze uncontrollably, therefor my eyes are watering too much right now to see these ancient rings you speak of. :p

Michael Olowakandi.

Mr.B
07-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't mind Houston going after Pau now that Bosh is gone

He really doesn't fit with Howard. The Rockets need a stretch 4.

TylerSL
07-11-2014, 07:00 PM
He would be welcome in Miami.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Michael Olowakandi.

Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Lebron James.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 07:02 PM

Lakers also already tried the Pau and Dwight combo...didn't work. :(

nysportsfan23
Lakers trying to remain relevant in last 2 years of Kobe era while collecting young assets

SoFreshNsoClean
Kobe signing that deal was absolutely crippling for any shot LA had to field a competitive team WITH KOBE. Not inviting for big name FA's to sign with LA ESPCIALLY after dwightmare V2.

Shaq said it best a while back. He basically said it will now come down to whether big name players will sign with the lakers. So far LA FO has done everything they can to deter FA's. I like kobe but come on bro... take the paycut...

TylerSL
2 years 10 mill? PFFFFFHAHAAHAHAHA

That's way too much.

Yeah didn't expect that answer did ya? :p

Pau is almost garbage now. I could care less about him. I'm glad the Lakers gave Pau a reality check offer and realized Pau is not even close to the same player he was before.

Thanks for the memories Pau but you were dead to me two years ago and your *** should have been traded since.

Maybe the Spurs can make good use of him, but in LA? He was useless.

Since when is 17/10 useless?!? That's worth 10 million a year short term, Gasol is 33.

ccg34
07-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Lmao

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 07:03 PM

No he didn't fit in Dantonis system with Howard, Gasol can hit the 12-17 foot shot and that's fine. I think it would be a good plan D lol

Melo being plan A, Bosh being plan B, Love being plan C, and Gasol being plan D haha

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Since when is 17/10 useless?!? That's worth 10 million a year short term, Gasol is 33.

Turned 34 five days ago :p

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 07:05 PM
****. Ramona Shelburne says Gasol Spurs bound unless Chicago pulls off a sign and trade. That's unfair... too much of a dream fit damn it. Why won't the spurs just die already! Lol.

TylerSL
07-11-2014, 07:06 PM
^haha my bad

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2014, 07:06 PM
I was thrilled beyond words when we first acquired Pau, but it's time to turn the page. He can still help a franchise get a title. I hope that he makes the right choice and does just that.

Mr.B
07-11-2014, 07:08 PM
No he didn't fit in Dantonis system with Howard, Gasol can hit the 12-17 foot shot and that's fine. I think it would be a good plan D lol

Melo being plan A, Bosh being plan B, Love being plan C, and Gasol being plan D haha

True Howard didn't fit D'Antoni's system but it also had a lot to do with the fact that Pau is at his best in the paint. It would clog up the lane with both Pau and Howard down there. They need a stretch 4 to spread the defense out. That would give Howard more one on one match ups. If teams tried to double him he could kick out to the open 4.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Paul Garcia @PaulGarciaPS 1 minute ago
And now @Ramona Shelburne is verifying it is down to the #Spurs and #Bulls for Gasol.

Mr.B
07-11-2014, 07:10 PM
****. Ramona Shelburne says Gasol Spurs bound unless Chicago pulls off a sign and trade. That's unfair... too much of a dream fit damn it. Why won't the spurs just die already! Lol.

With Pau's ability to pass if he joins the Spurs... Not good for the rest of the NBA

BigCityofDreams
07-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Kobe signing that deal was absolutely crippling for any shot LA had to field a competitive team WITH KOBE. Not inviting for big name FA's to sign with LA ESPCIALLY after dwightmare V2.

Shaq said it best a while back. He basically said it will now come down to whether big name players will sign with the lakers. So far LA FO has done everything they can to deter FA's. I like kobe but come on bro... take the paycut...

Does anyone one really think any of these players would have come here if Kobe took a paycut?? Not saying his 24 million doesn't hurt but by in large a lot of these players go where they want to. Lebron left CLE for MIA and is now back in CLE. Dwight wanted BK, was traded to LA never really wanted to be there and went to HOU. Melo forced the trade to NY and is probably going back. Dallas has had space over the past couple of seasons and the big names have avoided it from DWill to Dwight to all the FAs this off season has avoided it.

SoFreshNsoClean
07-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Pau obviously not seeing how LA can contend. Kobe became KoME with that contract he signed.

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 07:14 PM
the whole lakers organization (including their fans) have been disrespecting pau for a while now,

I think we finally agree for the first time in life. Laker fans, as a whole, have not respected Gasol......

PurpleLynch
07-11-2014, 07:15 PM
That's it,we have lost him.Just give that contract to Monroe now. He'll gladly accept that.

PurpleLynch
07-11-2014, 07:18 PM
I think we finally agree for the first time in life. Laker fans, as a whole, have not respected Gasol......

I respected Gasol. He's surely one of the best pf we had in our entire history. But right now I would take him with that deal. He refused,so we have to go on without him. I'm sorry for Gasol,he was awesome for us.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 07:20 PM

Most baseless stats ever.

Pau has his 2nd highest USG% of his career, even higher than most of his Memphis days, and with that, he suffers the worst ORtg of his career, his defense was worst than ever, and provided no help to the team at all.

He bricks and air balls those elbow jumpers he use to make all the time, his post moves have turned into "watch me bump into the defender, flay my arms up in the air and hope they get called for a foul", his defense...I don't even want to get into that other than it was beyond atrocious.

And all he did for the last two years was complain about not being a center (got his wish last season...has a god awful season), complains about not getting the ball (has the 2nd highest USG rate of his career...again, bad season anyway), and played with no heart unlike the championship years. Even if his complaints were just, he turned into a cry baby and a soft guy with no heart instead of a soft guy with big heart.

Nick Young averaged 18 points, you're telling me he's almost as good as Wade? Meeks averaged 15 points on great percentages and was effective and played hard every night.

If anything, I'm sad the Lakers lost Meeks, not Pau lol.

savvy1803
07-11-2014, 07:22 PM

May open up a sign and trade for Boozer's expiring if the numbers work .

Bruno
07-11-2014, 07:24 PM

OH. that makes a big difference.

i wasn't pleased. that means he's another expiring! brilliant. the lakers are going to be serious players for Love if Cleveland doesn't give them Wiggins.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Lakers trying to remain relevant in last 2 years of Kobe era while collecting young assets

aint no shame in that.

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2014, 07:26 PM

In his defense hill just signed for $9 mil a year

L8kers4life
07-11-2014, 07:27 PM
So fans of historically bad teams aren't allowed to discuss historically superior teams on a forum? Good logic.

I'm not saying that I'm saying clipper fan who has never won anything needs to stop making it sound like because you have had 2 good seasons in a row, you now own LA and the lakers are not at the team In LA. Your team needs to get out of the second round just once, don't you agree?

JNA17
07-11-2014, 07:28 PM

I respected the Pau that came to the Lakers having no clue what system he's going into, yet not only succeeds in it, he goes beyond the call of duty.

I respected the Pau that would come in day in, day out, would command the Laker offense at will in the post, and would have his way with any defender that stood in his way. I respected the Pau that played like a point guard at times and created for others instead of himself.

Most of all, I respected the Pau that despite playing soft at times, he would play hard and with heart. He didn't just have flashes of toughness, it was consistent. Him on the court was like magic, especially him and Kobe together.

Now? For the last two years? I see a shell, a soulless, whiny, soft, defenseless, slow less, and inefficient complainer that can't even be the best player on a team with Kendall Marshall, Jodie Meeks, Nick Young and Robert Freaking Sacre on it.

The Pau that helped the Lakers in those championships is dead, the one now? He can't even take on Tiago Splitter's jock strap.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not saying that I'm saying clipper fan who has never won anything needs to stop making it sound like because you have had 2 good seasons in a row, you now own LA and the lakers are not at the team In LA. Your team needs to get out of the second round just once, don't you agree?

Find just one time in this thread where I said the Clippers were superior or directly compared them. You won't because I didn't. BTW it's been 3 good seasons in a row, not two. Yes I agree.. and it's a good thing this newly formed team is just getting started and is young.

savvy1803
07-11-2014, 07:30 PM
May open up a sign and trade for Boozer's expiring if the numbers work .

Just heard on Max and Marcellus a sign and trade to the bulls will be increasingly difficult .

PurpleLynch
07-11-2014, 07:31 PM
I think Gasol will pull a Houdini and finish his career with the Spurs lol

KINGOFSPORTS
07-11-2014, 07:31 PM
pathetic

Method28
07-11-2014, 07:32 PM

OH. that makes a big difference.

i wasn't pleased. that means he's another expiring! brilliant. the lakers are going to be serious players for Love if Cleveland doesn't give them Wiggins.

What motivation does Love have to play for the Lakers other than the area? The Lakers do not have any more assests than the Wolves do right now. Sure if they can sell Love on what the Lakers used to be it might work but that doesn't seem to be something these big name FAs are buying anymore.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2014, 07:36 PM
If Spurs get Gasol, Spurs are 2015 champs.

TylerSL
07-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Most baseless stats ever.

Pau has his 2nd highest USG% of his career, even higher than most of his Memphis days, and with that, he suffers the worst ORtg of his career, his defense was worst than ever, and provided no help to the team at all.

He bricks and air balls those elbow jumpers he use to make all the time, his post moves have turned into "watch me bump into the defender, flay my arms up in the air and hope they get called for a foul", his defense...I don't even want to get into that other than it was beyond atrocious.

And all he did for the last two years was complain about not being a center (got his wish last season...has a god awful season), complains about not getting the ball (has the 2nd highest USG rate of his career...again, bad season anyway), and played with no heart unlike the championship years. Even if his complaints were just, he turned into a cry baby and a soft guy with no heart instead of a soft guy with big heart.

Nick Young averaged 18 points, you're telling me he's almost as good as Wade? Meeks averaged 15 points on great percentages and was effective and played hard every night.

If anything, I'm sad the Lakers lost Meeks, not Pau lol.

Offensive rating is a team stat and he was playing under a Mike D'Antoni defense, please. He shot 48% last year and based on who the Lakers had last year, I can see why Gasol wanted the ball.

Nick Young is NOT as good as Wade.......lol

BigCityofDreams
07-11-2014, 07:37 PM
aint no shame in that.

Exactly.

It's not just on here but I laugh when ppl make it seem like the history of the Lakers started when they lost to the Mavs in 2010-2011. Let them get their ducks in a row and regroup. When the run ends it's rarely if ever pretty.

L8kers4life
07-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Find just one time in this thread where I said the Clippers were superior or directly compared them. You won't because I didn't. BTW it's been 3 good seasons in a row, not two. Yes I agree.. and it's a good thing this newly formed team is just getting started and is young.

Look I think the Clippers are good, but you guys have had some good fortune, the league Nixed the CP3 trade to the lakers,; it completely ruined us, so to have Clippers fan tell us were ******, we will take offense to that, CP3 was gifted to you guys and we are hurting because of it. But with all that talent and a great coach, you just completed your best season ever, a second round exit. So my point is, why do you make a thread about the Lakers, does it make you feel better about your team? You team was the door mat of the league for 20 plus years, did laker fans rip you guys? No, you guys sucked, just like we do now. But where were you the last 15 years when the lakers were dominating?. When we were winning there was no hate, now we suck and we have to listen to door mat Clippers fan, it's annoying.

With all that said, you guys have a good team, go make a thread about them. I'm done.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Kobe wants to win now so they are between a rock and a hard place.

Jenceman
07-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Kobe wants to win now so they are between a rock and a hard place.

Well he shouldn't have agreed to a contract that gives him half the damn cap then.

cheetos185
07-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Lakers are giving out contracts to role players like crazy

BigCityofDreams
07-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Look I think the Clippers are good, but you guys have had some good fortune, the league Nixed the CP3 trade to the lakers,; it completely ruined us, so to have Clippers fan tell us were ******, we will take offense to that, CP3 was gifted to you guys and we are hurting because of it. But with all that talent and a great coach, you just completed your best season ever, a second round exit. So my point is, why do you make a thread about the Lakers, does it make you feel better about your team? You team was the door mat of the league for 20 plus years, did laker fans rip you guys? No, you guys sucked, just like we do now. But where were you the last 15 years when the lakers were dominating?. When we were winning there was no hate, now we suck and we have to listen to door mat Clippers fan, it's annoying.

With all that said, you guys have a good team, go make a thread about them. I'm done.

Just focus on the Lakers man. I get it a lot too from fans of other teams as if LA hasn't done anything in their history or as recent as 4 yrs ago. Tells you a lot. Tells you how many fans were waiting for the run to end. This rebuild won't be easy or quick but we both know they'll turn it around. Contrary to popular belief LA isn't going to be down for the next 15 yrs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-11-2014, 07:59 PM

Paus a vagina that's why

Jenceman
07-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Sad to see Pau go since he did a lot for the Lakers for those three straight finals trips.

But it was time. He can't play a lick of defense anymore, and almost useless at PF. Has to be a center with a coach with a great defensive scheme to succeed.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 08:05 PM
What motivation does Love have to play for the Lakers other than the area? The Lakers do not have any more assests than the Wolves do right now. Sure if they can sell Love on what the Lakers used to be it might work but that doesn't seem to be something these big name FAs are buying anymore.

i think its less about loves motivation and more about which package the Wolves like best. if they refuse to sign and trade him to cleveland because cleveland won't give up Wiggins, other teams become possibilities. The Lakers would have cap space next off-season if they don't exercise their player option on Jordan Hill (Steve Nash and Jeremy Lin also expire in that off-season). that opens up 26 million in cap space. enough for another big time player around Love and Kobe. he might agree to that if the deadline is approaching. Love pretty much chooses free agency or Lakers/Golden State/Cleveland. but the wolves have to consent to any trade.

who can offer the best package? Cavs will try to get love without giving up Wiggins. they'll offer Bennett, Waiters, Thompson and a draft pick, maybe two. Either Minny demands wiggins or they take this deal. if they refuse this deal, maybe the Cleveland brass moves Wiggins mid-seaon, what they do and how firm they are on wiggins remains to be seen.

Kobe is only on the books for two more years, his contract expires as Kevin Durant becomes a free agent. if you're Kevin Love you can come back home to Santa Monica, get the full max and have the lakers full cap flexibility surround you with a major contender. room for two other max free agents and a good supporting cast. he'd be 27, and the only player on the roster. in this situation were not talking about the Lakers past success were talking about the Lakers pocketbook with 45+ million in cap space.

SportsFanatic10
07-11-2014, 08:05 PM
i wouldn't mind if miami could land him for 2 years at 12m per with some of that cap space now. i wouldn't wanna see more years or money though, but i think pau is still very skilled and a nice asset.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm hearing the Lakers are working on a sign and trade/salary dump around Gasol/Boozer. Chicago would have given the Lakers a draft pick or a young asset for dumping boozer. if they also include Gasol Chicago will be compensating LAL with a solid package of assets. if Cleveland doesn't work out for a Love trade the Lakers package Boozer?/Randle and picks. thats just as competitive as the rumored golden state package, especially if Randle opens the year as a favorite for ROY, as he might as the second most NBA ready lottery prospect.

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 08:26 PM
I respected the Pau that came to the Lakers having no clue what system he's going into, yet not only succeeds in it, he goes beyond the call of duty.

I respected the Pau that would come in day in, day out, would command the Laker offense at will in the post, and would have his way with any defender that stood in his way. I respected the Pau that played like a point guard at times and created for others instead of himself.

Most of all, I respected the Pau that despite playing soft at times, he would play hard and with heart. He didn't just have flashes of toughness, it was consistent. Him on the court was like magic, especially him and Kobe together.

Now? For the last two years? I see a shell, a soulless, whiny, soft, defenseless, slow less, and inefficient complainer that can't even be the best player on a team with Kendall Marshall, Jodie Meeks, Nick Young and Robert Freaking Sacre on it.

The Pau that helped the Lakers in those championships is dead, the one now? He can't even take on Tiago Splitter's jock strap.

We can't judge him on those two DAntoni years though. He basically wasted 2 years of his career. The entire Dwight debacle? Trying to adjust his game around Dwight. He's basically been the third wheel for a while, even going back to Bynums allstar year.....

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm hearing the Lakers are working on a sign and trade/salary dump around Gasol/Boozer. Chicago would have given the Lakers a draft pick or a young asset for dumping boozer. if they also include Gasol Chicago will be compensating LAL with a solid package of assets. if Cleveland doesn't work out for a Love trade the Lakers package Boozer?/Randle and picks. thats just as competitive as the rumored golden state package, especially if Randle opens the year as a favorite for ROY, as he might as the second most NBA ready lottery prospect.

Hey Bruno,
I find your SERIES of posts (including this last one) in this thread to be very well thought-out and highly informative (salaries, trades, the CBA - this kind of stuff is definitely NOT my "forte'"). You've consistently put serious thought and work into writing them (and you love our team!)

Really nice work.

Caveat, don't mean to undermine my own compliment to you; but my understanding of these issues is not understanding them much at all - so my kudos may not count for that much. Otoh, I haven't once, so far, seen anybody make fun of your stuff - so ... so there!

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 08:32 PM
This is a spit in the face to Pau.

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 08:33 PM

NOMINATION FOR FUNNIEST SENTENCE EVER: First Sentence In Your Post ! WOW!

Hey L8kers4life,
In addition to your username being the hardest one I've ever had the "pleasure" of trying to type!
That first sentence is just tearing me up!

I keep trying to read it and I can't because a I start screaming half-way thru.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENSE! I am NOT trying to make fun of you in the least. But, wtf does that sentence say; much less: what does it mean?

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 08:42 PM
They are stuck because of Kobe wanting to win now.

Kevj77
07-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Exactly.

It's not just on here but I laugh when ppl make it seem like the history of the Lakers started when they lost to the Mavs in 2010-2011. Let them get their ducks in a row and regroup. When the run ends it's rarely if ever pretty.Especially when you try to extend the run with a win now mentality trading draft picks like candy. Try to reload acquiring Nash and Howard giving up even more assets. Lakers have to rebuild. They tried to squeeze one more ring out of Kobe + Pau now it is time to start from scratch. The fanbase especially the younger fans are fairly spoiled and entitled now. I wonder if they can stomach a full rebuild.

Having grown up as a Lakers fan watching Magic, Kareem and Worthy I know what it is like for the Lakers to go through a rebuild. Truth be told a lot of Lakers fans jumped off the bandwagon for a few years in the 90s until LA signed Shaq I expect that to happen again.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 08:54 PM
They are stuck because of Kobe wanting to win now.

its also because the Lakers have traded away their first round pick in 2015. losing this season wouldn't lead high draft picks.

zero incentive for LA to not try their best to win.

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Especially when you try to extend the run with a win now mentality trading draft picks like candy. Try to reload acquiring Nash and Howard giving up even more assets. Lakers have to rebuild. They tried to squeeze one more ring out of Kobe + Pau now it is time to start from scratch. The fanbase especially the younger fans are fairly spoiled and entitled now. I wonder if they can stomach a full rebuild.

Having grown up as a Lakers fan watching Magic, Kareem and Worthy I know what it is like for the Lakers to go through a rebuild. Truth be told a lot of Lakers fans jumped off the bandwagon for a few years in the 90s until LA signed Shaq I expect that to happen again.

Hey Kevj77,
Having grown up as a Lakers fan watching West & Baylor, I didn't know what it was like for the Lakers to go thru a rebuild for like ... for like forever.

I guess if I were to claim being a totally faithfull Lakers fan that wouldn't be all that impressive given that we were ALWAYS winning.

If we are gonna keep losing for a while, will I Wilt?

I guess I wouldn't IF they let Kobe just GO OFF (assuming he does help train the "next generation" AND that he still can go off) and pile up some of those "necessary" points towards 40,000!

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't like to dwell on "what ifs"; but I just can't help it in this case.
Just how incredibly different everything would be if we hadn't got "Sternned" out of CP3???

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 09:10 PM

Hey L8kers4life,
In addition to your username being the hardest one I've ever had the "pleasure" of trying to type!

PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENSE! I am NOT trying to make fun of you in the least. But, wtf does that sentence say; much less: what does it mean?

Hell hath no fury like a Pablo grammar scorned hahaha.

BigCityofDreams
07-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Especially when you try to extend the run with a win now mentality trading draft picks like candy. Try to reload acquiring Nash and Howard giving up even more assets. Lakers have to rebuild. They tried to squeeze one more ring out of Kobe + Pau now it is time to start from scratch. The fanbase especially the younger fans are fairly spoiled and entitled now. I wonder if they can stomach a full rebuild.

Yea it's not easy to go through a rebuild especially when it comes to fan bases like the Lakers and the Yankees. I'm not saying that Buss is the smartest guy in the room but I'm willing to see what they do over the next few yrs. Fans have to give them some time and let them take a step back. This isn't about now but the future.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 09:17 PM

Some people like to say this, but if you look at the trade packages, the Clippers package was far superior to the Lakers package for a young rebuilding team. If they had taken Odom/Gasol they wouldn't have Anthony Davis right now. Besides Woj wrote later that the Clippers had been trying to trade for CP3 for 6 months and it fell through a couple times.

In other words, don't act like it was handed to them. It was a legitimate, good trade. The Lakers trade was veto'd because the league owned the team and knew that being a treadmill team or 8 seed for a few years would detonate the evaluation of the sale. Has nothing to do with the big bad wolf Stern picking on the Lakers.

1. I didn't tell you your team was "***". I merely discussed the current situation. If that's how you took it that's not my fault.

2. The Clippers were actually the door mat for close to 30 years, which is even more reason I should be happy, confident and optimistic right now. The old cancerous owner is on his way out of the league by August 1st or September at the latest and the soon to be richest owner in the NBA is about to take over and become Mark Cuban 2.0. Whether or not you like to admit it or not, these Clippers aren't a flash in the pan. Doc is locked up long term as are Griffin and Paul.

3. Um... of course when you're winning people talk less. That's how it works. What would people have to critique or ask about regarding the Lakers when they are winning a championship?

Sounds to me like you have very thin skin my friend. Remember I've been a fan for 15 years of the most ridiculed team in the league maybe. I wouldn't go out of my way to kick someone when they are down, just for the hell of it because I know how it feels.

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 09:21 PM
I don't like to dwell on "what ifs"; but I just can't help it in this case.
Just how incredibly different everything would be if we hadn't got "Sternned" out of CP3???

That was a really cold blow to the franchise. The craziest part is most NBA fans outside of LA basically said "that's just what the Lakers get!" So because we've been so successful for decades we pretty much don't deserve Chris Paul. That seemed to be the overall sentiment....

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Hell hath no fury like a Pablo grammar scorned hahaha.

Hey Clippersfan86,
LOL

P.S. btw, did you find that sentence as funny as I did (and NOT at all because of the grammar - it just reads ... "I'm not saying that I'm saying clipper fan who has never won anything needs to stop making it sound like because you have had 2 good seasons in a row, you now own LA and the lakers are not at the team In LA.")

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Hey Clippersfan86,
LOL

P.S. btw, did you find that sentence as funny as I did (and NOT at all because of the grammar - it just reads ... "I'm not saying that I'm saying clipper fan who has never won anything needs to stop making it sound like because you have had 2 good seasons in a row, you now own LA and the lakers are not at the team In LA.")

Yea, it was really incomprehensible.

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Yea, it was really incomprehensible.

Hey Clippersfan86,
Thanx, I needed that (as a check of my own sanity).
But, for me, it is not only really incomprehensible, but something about it (or me?) just strikes me as one of the funniest things I've ever run across (and most really incomprehensible stuff is NOT funny at all).

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:24 PM
You are a good dude Pablo.

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 10:35 PM
You are a good dude Pablo.

Hey Starter,
Thanx, how kind.
btw, why do you say this at this particular moment in this thread?

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:39 PM
To help you with your sanity.:cool:

LAKERMANIA
07-11-2014, 10:39 PM

Rebuilding. I'm sure you as a Clipper fan know what that's about.

The deal wasn't that bad. We have an expiring contract in Lin, if he doesn't play well we part ways. Only half of his contract counts toward the cap, AND we get a draft pick all for free (basically free, we gave Houston cash and rights to a player overseas I'm not sure who it is).

Lakers are trying to get a big name free agent, if they don't we just acquire role players, expiring contracts, young prospects and draft picks until we do.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Hey Clippersfan86,
Thanx, I needed that (as a check of my own sanity).
But, for me, it is not only really incomprehensible, but something about it (or me?) just strikes me as one of the funniest things I've ever run across (and most really incomprehensible stuff is NOT funny at all).

Before you pointed it out I just shook my head. After reading it 3-4 more times after you pointed it out it's rather hilarious for sure.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:59 PM
I thought so too Clipperfan. :laugh:

LA_Raiders
07-11-2014, 11:27 PM
They are just peeling peppers. Jim's pride ****ed up the team...

L8kers4life
07-11-2014, 11:57 PM

Hey L8kers4life,

Lol, I just read what I wrote, I was at work rushing and I did not proof read it when I finished. No offense taken.

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
To help you with your sanity.:cool:

Hey Starter,
Well seeing at it is so much in doubt and jeopardy ...
Thanx doubly for your concern (and encouragement!).

KingstonHawke
07-12-2014, 05:47 AM

Jeremy Lin
Kobe Bryant
?
Julius Randle
?

its a start.

Add Swaggy and Pau and that's still only a 6-8 seed if things work out. I have no idea why we didn't go after Moose. If we're trying to preserve space for Love that's a dumb idea because I thought he was going to be a Cav last year... he's definitely going now.

b-ballistic
07-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Maker/ Durant 2016