PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Rockets trading Lin to the Lakers

eternal slumber
07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/487655309524348928

if i'm the Lakers i'll trade for him. Melo and Bron ain't going to LA plus he's and expiring too.

KobeOwnSU
07-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Give us a couple 1st and lets make a deal.

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Give us a couple 1st and lets make a deal.

If be more than okay with the Rockets giving up a couple of firsts

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Danny Ainge get in on this. Non-guaranteed salaries of Bogans, Chris Johnson, Chris Baab match up with Lin. If they need to dump Donatas However-you-spell-his-last-name too then we can fit him into our Courtney Lee trade exception. Get more picks.

Lakers + Giants
07-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm down if we get picks.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
BOS gets: ZaZa Pachulia, Carlos Delfino, pick(s)
MIL gets: Jeremy Lin
HOU gets: Keith Bogans, Chris Johnson, Chris Baab (all non-guaranteed deals)

Gibby23
07-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Im down

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 02:38 PM
BOS gets: ZaZa Pachulia, Carlos Delfino, pick(s)
MIL gets: Jeremy Lin
HOU gets: Keith Bogans, Chris Johnson, Chris Baab (all non-guaranteed deals)

Would Bucks even be interested In Lin?

amak316
07-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Why is Morey constantly caught lying with his leaks. I thought he's supposedly had a deal for weeks lined up

black1605
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Deal being finalized now:

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston is finalizing a deal to send Jeremy Lin to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Would Bucks even be interested In Lin?

Reportedly they are but just don't want to pay him $14 mil. They want to move Brandon Knight to SG. Shedding the contracts of Delfino and Pachulia lessens the sting of paying $14 mil. They get the player they want, BOS gets more picks and HOU gets cap space.

From HOU's perspective though, this deal is less appealing than a straight salary dump. Because you're technically taking back contracts, you get no trade exception. If you dumped him on a team with cap space and take nothing back then you get one.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Woj saying it's being finalized.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Houston will have an outstanding starting 5 with Bosh but ZERO depth, even worse than last year. Clippers swept them not due to starting 5 but due to bench/coaching, which will be even bigger issues. In other words, Houston is improving.. but not enough to scare me.

TheMightyHumph
07-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Deal being finalized now:

Any team could ask for a lot from Rockets now. They HAVE TO dump Lin.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 02:45 PM
If the Lakers also end up trading Nash and getting picks in return, I'm down.

black1605
07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Some detail.

Htownballa1622
07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Fair.

I think it'll be a good fit. He'll excite games in l.a. and I'd like to see he and kobe interact.

Remember when Kobe didn't know lin when he was a knick?

I'll always like him personally. On court ehhh.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Fair.

I think it'll be a good fit. He'll excite games in l.a. and I'd like to see he and kobe interact.

Remember when Kobe didn't know lin when he was a knick?

I'll always like him personally. On court ehhh.

On the court Houston fans were overly critical. He set the bar high with the Linsanity thing and didn't live up to that, but he was a solid back up PG. Not his fault your GM was dumb enough to offer the "poison pill" contract.

Method28
07-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Lakers need to call Chi and ask for draft picks to take Boozer too. These are opportunities the Lakers have to jump on.

Htownballa1622
07-11-2014, 02:58 PM
On the court Houston fans were overly critical. He set the bar high with the Linsanity thing and didn't live up to that, but he was a solid back up PG. Not his fault your GM was dumb enough to offer the "poison pill" contract.

I hear ya about how he was overly scrutinized.

The contract thing I get though. It was b4 we knew of harden and it allowed houston to sell tix when we thought we were rebuilding.

If all things work this evening, our gm turned us from a 9 seed to a top 4 west contender in less than 3 years without tanking.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Apparently Lin also only counts 8.3 mill towards the cap instead of $15 mill.

Alright not bad I guess. Lin should be better here at least and actually getting assets back instead of giving them up is a nice change lol.

Also curious on how far the future first is. Hopefully sometime between 2016-2018

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:06 PM
I hear ya about how he was overly scrutinized.

The contract thing I get though. It was b4 we knew of harden and it allowed houston to sell tix when we thought we were rebuilding.

If all things work this evening, our gm turned us from a 9 seed to a top 4 west contender in less than 3 years without tanking.

No doubt. Overall Morey has been pretty damn incredible. It's much better to load with stars, THEN worry about depth later. Houston's biggest issue right now is McHale and depth. By trading Lin/Asik and likely having to trade guys like D'Mo, the depth will be completely non existent. Not even Miami's superstar trio had this many depth holes. Houston's hope is likely that guys take huge paycuts to ring chase, like what happened in Miami.

Houston is very dangerous no doubt.

BKLYNpigeon
07-11-2014, 03:08 PM
If you offer 3 max contracts on one team you better hope they all compliment each other. you won't have enough money to put a solid bench together.

Aust
07-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Pls be the NOLA pick :hope:

PurpleLynch
Give us Nola pick Houston!

mjt20mik
Good move for LA. I think he'll fit well with that team.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-11-2014, 03:10 PM
The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was that he'll probably start the ASG next year lol.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 03:10 PM
If you offer 3 max contracts on one team you better hope they all compliment each other. you won't have enough money to put a solid bench together.

Harden Bosh and Dwight sound pretty complimentary to me lol.

JNA17
07-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Pls be the NOLA pick :hope:

Isn't that pick 4-19 protected? **** that. lol

Aust
07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Isn't that pick 4-19 protected? **** that. lol

Probably shoulda done my research on the pick lol NVM!

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Harden Bosh and Dwight sound pretty complimentary to me lol.

Things rarely translate on the court as they do on paper. We'll see. Houston doesn't exactly have a fluid system on offense. A lot of free wheeling, run n gun. Will that bring the best out of Bosh?

savvy1803
07-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Expiring and picks .. fills a roster spot .

Htownballa1622
07-11-2014, 03:17 PM
No doubt. Overall Morey has been pretty damn incredible. It's much better to load with stars, THEN worry about depth later. Houston's biggest issue right now is McHale and depth. By trading Lin/Asik and likely having to trade guys like D'Mo, the depth will be completely non existent. Not even Miami's superstar trio had this many depth holes. Houston's hope is likely that guys take huge paycuts to ring chase, like what happened in Miami.

This year def has new story lines to it.

Btw. Haven't heard but is pierce still in play for yall?

PurpleLynch
07-11-2014, 03:17 PM
The upside of this trade is obviously that Lin will bring all China's fans to LA lol. Big,big money. Lakers are ****n Lannisters!

JNA17
07-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Things rarely translate on the court as they do on paper. We'll see. Houston doesn't exactly have a fluid system on offense. A lot of free wheeling, run n gun. Will that bring the best out of Bosh?

I think Bosh will at least do better then his time with the Heat. Bosh did not fit with that team at all. Reduced to a jump shooter and kept taking the blame for his sacerfice.

Well see I guess.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 03:19 PM

You can't just look at HOU in a 1 year window though. Harden/Parsons/Bosh/Howard is a championship core for the next 4 years (assuming they get Bosh and match on Parsons). In year 1 they will definitely be a little light on the supporting cast. Beverly is fine at PG with that lineup. Terrence Jones will form a terrific front court trio with Dwight and Bosh. They'll have the cap space exception to use which should be able to net them a decent bench piece at either PG or the wing. They also will get a trad exception from the Jeremy Lin deal for about $8.4 million that could potentially net them another piece. It won't be anything great since they don't have any assets to offer back but they could get a contract a rebuilding team wants to dump that could be a role player for them.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:20 PM
This year def has new story lines to it.

Btw. Haven't heard but is pierce still in play for yall?

He's talked to the Clips but it's not going to happen man. The old fool will be 37 by start of season and wants 9-10 mill a year. Only Proky is stupid enough to overpay him so casually. Hawes will be huge for us as we've lacked a backup big for entire Griffin era pretty much. Until the Clippers upgrade at the 3 though (which they've been trying all of free agency), they will be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the west at best I'm afraid.

Barnes/Dudley won't get it done vs the top notch perimeter players in the west. The ONLY exception is if DJ+Blake take another huge leap this year. We need someone like Ariza/Deng etc... or of that caliber to really put the team over the top.

eternal slumber
07-11-2014, 03:20 PM
picks that will be send will be a protected Houston's 2015 plus a late second round pick

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/487674771019419650

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-11-2014, 03:21 PM
:laugh: Rakers

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:21 PM
You can't just look at HOU in a 1 year window though. Harden/Parsons/Bosh/Howard is a championship core for the next 4 years (assuming they get Bosh and match on Parsons). In year 1 they will definitely be a little light on the supporting cast. Beverly is fine at PG with that lineup. Terrence Jones will form a terrific front court trio with Dwight and Bosh. They'll have the cap space exception to use which should be able to net them a decent bench piece at either PG or the wing. They also will get a trad exception from the Jeremy Lin deal for about $8.4 million that could potentially net them another piece. It won't be anything great since they don't have any assets to offer back but they could get a contract a rebuilding team wants to dump that could be a role player for them.

For sure. That's why as I said, it's the right move. Make the big moves now, worry about the details in the future since the window is big as you said. Even last year I said Houston may have the biggest title window in the league. So young, yet so talented. Their biggest Achilles heel was coaching/depth. McHale will be the next Scott Brooks. Mediocre coach who can't be fired because the talent wins for him, which will prevent the team from reaching it's true potential.

LALA
07-11-2014, 03:23 PM
The upside of this trade is obviously that Lin will bring all China's fans to LA lol. Big,big money. Lakers are ****n Lannisters!

THey are already Chinas team. Kobe is the most popular player therr

Htownballa1622
07-11-2014, 03:25 PM
He's talked to the Clips but it's not going to happen man. The old fool will be 37 by start of season and wants 9-10 mill a year. Only Proky is stupid enough to overpay him so casually. Hawes will be huge for us as we've lacked a backup big for entire Griffin era pretty much. Until the Clippers upgrade at the 3 though (which they've been trying all of free agency), they will be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the west at best I'm afraid.

Barnes/Dudley won't get it done vs the top notch perimeter players in the west. The ONLY exception is if DJ+Blake take another huge leap this year. We need someone like Ariza/Deng etc... or of that caliber to really put the team over the top.

Ah I see.

Figure he'd want to go home to l.a. but I guess money talks sometimes.

Yeah yall getting a better 3 would be insane too.

Chronz
07-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Rockets look very imposing now. Prolly the #1 seed now.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:27 PM

Probably perennial 1-2 seed for the forseeable future. Come playoff time though...I see issues due to coaching/depth again.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-11-2014, 03:27 PM

Come on now. That group still needs to play defense and build chemistry. Spurs and OKC are still 1&2

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 03:28 PM

We still need to move Asik and small contracts...pelicans are trading for Gee to give Cavs space, so idk who is getting Asik, this could still blow up in Moreys face. Until we for sure have Bosh and Parsons, I'm not a happy camper

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Ah I see.

Figure he'd want to go home to l.a. but I guess money talks sometimes.

Yeah yall getting a better 3 would be insane too.

Yea. I'd love to see the Rockets, Thunder and Clippers run the west for a few years, with their young star players. The Spurs have to die eventually? Lol for 4 years I've been thinking the Spurs would be done.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:30 PM
We still need to move Asik and small contracts...pelicans are trading for Gee to give Cavs space, so idk who is getting Asik, this could still blow up in Moreys face. Until we for sure have Bosh and Parsons, I'm not a happy camper

Dude it's a done deal pretty much, be happy. It's more of a matter of time type deal than an IF deal. A formality at this point. Do you want Parsons for 15.7 mill a year though is the question?

Htownballa1622
07-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Yea. I'd love to see the Rockets, Thunder and Clippers run the west for a few years, with their young star players. The Spurs have to die eventually? Lol for 4 years I've been thinking the Spurs would be done.

Lol. Seriously about spurs.

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Dude it's a done deal pretty much, be happy. It's more of a matter of time type deal than an IF deal. A formality at this point. Do you want Parsons for 15.7 mill a year though is the question?

I heard the salary cap was lower than expected and that the pelican didn't have enough space to trade for Asik without sending back salary? fil maybe I'm just being paraniod...I'm still pissed Parsons would sign with the Mavs of all teams!

mightybosstone
07-11-2014, 03:34 PM
I want Chandler Parsons at any price if it helps the Rockets win a championship or two. The way RFA is constructed, Parsons was always going to get overpaid this offseason, especially after Hayward got the max. And I do think it's too much money for him, but they cannot afford to lose him and they're unquestionably a better basketball team with him on the roster. The fact that Houston could have Harden, Howard, Bosh and Parsons locked down four at least the next 2-3 years makes me insanely giddy.

Now I'm just holding my breath waiting for all the details to get ironed out...

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Lol. Seriously about spurs.

At least you guys and OKC match up decently with the never dying Spurs. We match up horribly. I want a rematch with RefKC. Few HORRIBLE calls away from beating them in 6 games. I still think OKC is a fraud team. Then again wouldn't have mattered because Spurs would of executed us in 6 games max anyway in the WCF. I just wanted to be able to say the team finally made a WCF :(.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:37 PM
I want Chandler Parsons at any price if it helps the Rockets win a championship or two. The way RFA is constructed, Parsons was always going to get overpaid this offseason, especially after Hayward got the max. And I do think it's too much money for him, but they cannot afford to lose him and they're unquestionably a better basketball team with him on the roster. The fact that Houston could have Harden, Howard, Bosh and Parsons locked down four at least the next 2-3 years makes me insanely giddy.

Now I'm just holding my breath waiting for all the details to get ironed out...

Yea man, I envy you guys because I'm a huge fan of Chandler's game. Same with Bosh's. If not for Harden/Dwight (who I don't like), I think Houston would be the second team I'd root for. I love Bosh+Parsons+Beverly.

Htownballa1622
07-11-2014, 03:38 PM
At least you guys and OKC match up decently with the never dying Spurs. We match up horribly. I want a rematch with RefKC. Few HORRIBLE calls away from beating them in 6 games. I still think OKC is a fraud team. Then again wouldn't have mattered because Spurs would of executed us in 6 games max anyway in the WCF. I just wanted to be able to say the team finally made a WCF :(.

Yeah. To me, if okc doesn't get pau, that's good for everyone.

Then who knows what happens with durant in future.

Leftcoast_yg
07-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Gosh I hate the Lakers FO

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Yeah. To me, if okc doesn't get pau, that's good for everyone.

Then who knows what happens with durant in future.

They are out of the running basically last I heard. Although as you said, that would make them incredibly dangerous. It's unfair how imbalanced the league is. As people have been saying for years the WCF is essentially the finals.

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 03:49 PM
anybody know which team pau is leaning towards?

imagine him on the spurs :D

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 03:50 PM
anybody know which team pau is leaning towards?

imagine him on the spurs :D

How much is each team offering him?

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
How much is each team offering him?

mle from what I've been hearing..

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 03:55 PM
mle from what I've been hearing..

Him on the spurs is no fair!

koldjerky
07-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Damn I thought Hinkie was on this?

TheMightyHumph
07-11-2014, 04:25 PM

That matter of time is getting short

FOBolous
07-11-2014, 04:34 PM
If everything goes according to plan (Houston signs Bosh, resigns Parsons, and trades Lin), this is what the Rockets' starting lineup will look like:

PG - Eurocup MVP, 1x NBA All-Defensive Second
SG - 2 NBA All-Star, 1x All-NBA First Team, 1x All-NBA Third Team, NBA Sixth Man of the Year
SF - Best Looking Guy in the NBA, Justin Timberlake Look-Alike
PF - 2 NBA champion, 9 NBA All-Star, 1x All-NBA Second
C - 8 NBA All-Star, 5 All-NBA First Team, 1x All-NBA Second Team, 2 All-NBA Third Team, 3 NBA Defensive Player of the Year, 4 NBA All-Defensive First Team, 1x NBA All-Defensive Second Team, 5 NBA rebounding leader, 2 NBA blocks leader

a we need now is a coach.

Aust
07-11-2014, 04:38 PM
If everything goes according to plan (Houston signs Bosh, resigns Parsons, and trades Lin), this is what the Rockets' starting lineup will look like:

SG - 2 NBA All-Star, 1x All-NBA First Team, 1x All-NBA Third Team, NBA Sixth Man of the Year
C - 8 NBA All-Star, 5 All-NBA First Team, 1x All-NBA Second Team, 2 All-NBA Third Team, 3 NBA Defensive Player of the Year, 4 NBA All-Defensive First Team, 1x NBA All-Defensive Second Team, 5 NBA rebounding leader, 2 NBA blocks leader

Rosterbating already?

phantasyyy
07-11-2014, 04:40 PM

DKM.... :clap:

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Don't Rockets have two more days left? I'm sure it will get done.

Cracka2HI!
07-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Lakers get a future 1st so the deal works for them. Looks like they may have faced reality and will re-build. I can't see what they can possibly do if Love ends up in Cleveland.

Brooklyn_lakers
07-11-2014, 05:06 PM
What is the pick coming in this deal? Any details? Protected for what selections?

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 06:29 PM
This is my worst nightmare come true. I'm thinking we'll get Isaiah Thomas, Gordon Hayward, perhaps re-sign Farmar...... Jeremy Lin?

Thanks Mr Buss!

*edit I'm on my phone, I believe it's verified on Hoopshype.....

SILVER SEAVER
07-11-2014, 06:34 PM
This is what the Los Angeles Lakers have become? Hey, I ain't no Lakers fan but this is even hard for me to digest. Kobe's swan song is going to involve Jeremy Lin as their big free agent acquisition? So sad.

Crackadalic
07-11-2014, 06:34 PM
They got him for free so idk what the issue is

Blitzace137
07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
They got him for free so idk what the issue is

TS is a Lin hater that's why.

IndyRealist
07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
They have no one really interested but Melo, they have to spend 90% of the salary cap or get fined, and they got a draft pick out of it. It's a throwaway year for the Lakers.

shep33
07-11-2014, 06:39 PM
We got him for free and 2 picks

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
This is what the Los Angeles Lakers have become? Hey, I ain't no Lakers fan but this is even hard for me to digest. Kobe's swan song is going to involve Jeremy Lin as their big free agent acquisition? So sad.

Sad is a understatement.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

mavwar53
07-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Lin is a 1 year deal, now Hill is different, 2 yrs 18mil, what a joke. Hopefully for the lakers that 2nd year is only partially guaranteed.

Mr_Jones
07-11-2014, 06:54 PM
i flex and all the guys swoon

vangrumpy
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Congratulations. Worst thread of the month.

Already threads on this topic. Nothing added by this other than a flame. And a really useless point.

Mr_Jones
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Lin is a 1 year deal, now Hill is different, 2 yrs 18mil, what a joke. Hopefully for the lakers that 2nd year is only partially guaranteed.

team option

mudvayne387
07-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Are you kidding ? They get a free somewhat productive player with multiple picks too. If nothing else, he will put some Asian fannies in those seats considering Cali is composed of 93% Asians anyways ...

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Are you kidding ? They get a free somewhat productive player with multiple picks too. If nothing else, he will put some Asian fannies in those seats considering Cali is composed of 93% Asians anyways ...

That "somewhat productive" part tho......

mudvayne387
07-11-2014, 09:41 PM
That "somewhat productive" part tho......

But who cares really ? He's got one year left on his deal and lord knows the Lakers won't sniff the playoffs this year. Why not sell some tickets ...

Asik's better
07-11-2014, 10:06 PM
It was smart move by LA. Makes them still a talking point in LA for a year. I will say this though, it will be interesting to see Lin fans vs Kobe/LA fans.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Well this doesn't make much sense now.