PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Eastern Conference favorite?

RocketLoc80
07-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Now that Lebron is going back to the Cavs who is the Eastern Conference Fav?

J4KOP99
07-11-2014, 02:02 PM
The Knicks

goingfor28
07-11-2014, 02:02 PM
How bout we wait to see where some other guys end up first?

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Cavs. Any ECF team with Bron are the favorites. It's been true the past how many years?

Avenged
07-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Pacers

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2014, 02:06 PM
The Knicks

This.

nickdymez
07-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Wizards

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 02:07 PM
assuming the Cavs get Love for Wiggins, the Cavs should be favorites for the #1 seed. Indiana, and Chicago could push them if healthy, and Indy finds a way to score..

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Now that Lebron is going back to the Cavs who is the Eastern Conference Fav?cavs easily. They'll sign some good free agents, and have 2/3 superstars.

Crackadalic
07-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Until The cavs definitely get K-love then nobody is the favorite

Slade123
07-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Raps in 4!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Gonna say the Cavs have a slight edge right now over the Pacers and possibly the Bulls.

detzfish
07-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Pistons hands down

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 02:16 PM
assuming the bulls get melo, the bulls.

RocketLoc80
07-11-2014, 02:21 PM
assuming the bulls get melo, the bulls.

The Bulls even with Melo aren`t gonna beat the Cavs with Lebron,Kyrie and Love

GottaLoveCubs
07-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah right now its the Cavs. But FA isn't over just yet. Bulls land Melo and don't give up too much, I'd say its pretty even. If the Cavs trade for Love, then they'd be favorites no matter what.

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
The Bulls even with Melo aren`t gonna beat the Cavs with Lebron,Kyrie and Love

Id take melo, noah, and rose over them, chi has the better coach too, assuming rose is old rose. But thats far out anyways, chi doesn't have melo, and cle doesn't have love.

Sly Guy
07-11-2014, 02:26 PM
I think cleveland will underachieve this year, like the heat did in their first year together. They'll be a late-season danger, but are not going to be the #1 seed, and I don't see them winning it all next year.

RocketLoc80
07-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Id take melo, noah, and rose over them, chi has the better coach too, assuming rose is old rose. But thats far out anyways, chi doesn't have melo, and cle doesn't have love.

You not even thinking man you just hate Lebron because he`s gonna s**t on your boy Kobe all time

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
You not even thinking man you just hate Lebron because he`s gonna s**t on your boy Kobe all time

not really.

lebron>melo, love=noah, rose>kyrie, bulls team and coach>cleveland.

Dade County
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
I have to see how everything plays out in the next couple of days.

mightybosstone
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
If the Bulls land Melo, I'd give the edge to Chicago over Cleveland. But if the Cavs turn around and get Love, I'd give the edge to Cleveland with Love over Chicago with Melo. But Indiana is still a very formidable opponent if they get their pieces in order and George continues to improve. New York could make things interesting if they can re-sign Melo and add another piece or two and Miami is still a wild card depending on what happens with Wade Bosh and all that cap room they still have left.

As things sit right now, though, I think Cleveland has the slightest of edges on the rest of the field.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:06 PM
People seem to be down on Miami and selling Wade/Bosh short. I personally predict they will meet the Cavs in the ECF which will make for one awesome story line and some heated games most likely. I predict Bosh to prove his worth to the league once again (22/10) and for Wade to pick up a bigger load again (something like 24/5/5). The team still has 17 million in cap and can easily fill with a piece like Deng/Ariza and fill out the bench.

Anyone want to bet on this?

DaBear
07-11-2014, 06:08 PM
If melo goes to chi, it's bull vs cavs
If not, then yes it'll probably be heat vs cavs

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:08 PM
If melo goes to chi, it's bull vs cavs
If not, then yes it'll probably be heat vs cavs

Yea that's the X-Factor. I'd love Melo to go to Chi. You'd finally have 3 legit contenders in the east IMO.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 06:09 PM
People seem to be down on Miami and selling Wade/Bosh short. I personally predict they will meet the Cavs in the ECF which will make for one awesome story line and some heated games most likely. I predict Bosh to prove his worth to the league once again (22/10) and for Wade to pick up a bigger load again (something like 24/5/5). The team still has 17 million in cap and can easily fill with a piece like Deng/Ariza and fill out the bench.

Too early, if Melo goes to Chicago its Bulls vs Cavs, and I'd argue the Bulls beat the Cavs.

Lets see who Miami gets first as well

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 29s
With Chris Bosh back in Miami and Dwyane Wade up next, rival execs expecting Riley to make a run at Luol Deng or Trevor Ariza.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Too early, if Melo goes to Chicago its Bulls vs Cavs, and I'd argue the Bulls beat the Cavs.

Lets see who Miami gets first as well

Wouldn't go that far. I think Heat have slight edge over Bulls due to likely depth they can add with cap+familiarity+fit. Melo is a chucker and D Rose is very ball dominant. I have them as the 3 seed probably.

JordansBulls
07-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Bosh staying in Miami, need to see what Melo does.

still1ballin
07-11-2014, 06:15 PM
The Knicks

The Knicks are back

:dance:

chi-townlove1
07-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Chicago will **** on Miami even without melo. Said it here first.

todu82
07-11-2014, 06:16 PM
A healthy Chicago especially if they get Melo.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Chicago will **** on Miami even without melo. Said it here first.

Based on what?? We don't even know if Rose is capable of staying healthy anymore.

Chronz
07-11-2014, 06:29 PM

Raw averages are meaningless without efficiency marks. How good is the teams offense/defense gonna be? Who else needs to be on the team for your projection to come true. I highly doubt Wade is that productive (assuming above league average efficiency) and Bosh has already admitted he doesn't want to bang anymore.

MickeyMgl
07-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Now that Lebron is going back to the Cavs who is the Eastern Conference Fav?

Mediocrity.

Does there have to be a favorite in the Eastern Conference? Can't we just pick a "least non-favorite"?

Clippersfan86
07-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Raw averages are meaningless without efficiency marks. How good is the teams offense/defense gonna be? Who else needs to be on the team for your projection to come true. I highly doubt Wade is that productive (assuming above league average efficiency) and Bosh has already admitted he doesn't want to bang anymore.

Above average efficiency. Luol Deng is signing with the Heat today. Then they still added McBob and have cap to fill in other spots.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Cleveland and keep an eye on the Pacers.

MelanconMadness
07-11-2014, 07:58 PM
I love that Jeff van gundy said the cavs are a "4-5 seed". Lol, they might not be 1 with the bulls and pacers, but they're certainly a 2-3 seed

SportsFanatic10
07-11-2014, 08:00 PM
i think we need to see where the rest of the chips fall first. if the cavs don't get love i'm not quite ready to consider them the odds on favorite. they have such a young team, what kinda contribution wiggins can make as a rookie will be a big factor, as will irvings health.

Jamiecballer
07-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Raptors/Cavs

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 08:02 PM
I love that Jeff van gundy said the cavs are a "4-5 seed". Lol, they might not be 1 with the bulls and pacers, but they're certainly a 2-3 seed

I can see them as the 4 or 5 seed behind Chicago, Indy, Toronto, and Miami.

MickeyMgl
07-11-2014, 08:03 PM
i think we need to see where the rest of the chips fall first. if the cavs don't get love i'm not quite ready to consider them the odds on favorite. they have such a young team, what kinda contribution wiggins can make as a rookie will be a big factor, as will irvings health.

At this point, I'd go with whichever team gets Pau Gasol, assuming he goes to one of his Eastern Conference suitors. Chicago, Miami, or even NYK, if it's with Melo. It's wide open.

dalton749
07-11-2014, 08:06 PM
clevland, indiana, chicago, toronto, washington, miami, charlotte should make the east much more competitive next year

SportsFanatic10
07-11-2014, 08:08 PM
At this point, I'd go with whichever team gets Pau Gasol, assuming he goes to one of his Eastern Conference suitors. Chicago, Miami, or even NYK, if it's with Melo. It's wide open.

ya i need to see where melo and gasol along with the other decent players like deng and ariza land before i can really form a solid opinion. still many possibilities and moving parts.

DallasTrilla23
07-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Lebron James

Eagles4Lyfe
07-11-2014, 08:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: keep being ignant towards Tdot.

Raps all day..
Miami doesn't scare us and neither do the Pacers.
Can't wait for the season to begin.
Coming for that number 1 seed this year, with the division already pretty much locked up.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Cavs
Bulls
Raptors
Hornets
Pacers

Jarvo
07-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Pacers & Bulls

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:30 PM
^Are you not worried about the Pacers chemistry?

lakerfan85
07-11-2014, 10:33 PM
The Knicks once they get Pau and Kobe..

Dade County
07-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Cavs
Bulls
Raptors
Hornets
Pacers

Whats up with you?

How are the raptors & Hornets better then the Pacers.

Whatever, I'll wait and see what Pat does then I can write my slots in.

ChickenSouvlaki
07-11-2014, 10:36 PM
The Cavs were the best in the East back when they had Lebron the first time, and he literally had no help. Especially not anyone on the level of Kyrie Irving.

If Waiters can make a step forward in his development, Thompson keeps progressing as he should, and Wiggins comes in and has a solid season, the Cavs are easily favorites in the East.

TurboDEEZsmoke
07-11-2014, 10:41 PM
How bout we wait to see where some other guys end up first?

Damm your always the first or 2nd responder. And usually right ********** spot on.:cheers:

goingfor28
07-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Damm your always the first or 2nd responder. And usually right ********** spot on.:cheers:
Lol. Tapatalk app. I get notifications when a new topic is made or someone quotes me in a forum I subscribe too. I don't just sit on here 24/7. Although I did routinely refresh a lotttt the past couple days waiting for news. Especially today

Tony_Starks
07-11-2014, 10:47 PM
The Bulls vs MIA. Book it. Would love to add Indy into the equation but they are way too disfunctional plus Lance is leaving......

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Dade County,

That is assuming they lose Stephenson and they already have chemistry issues.

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:08 PM
not really.

lebron>melo, love=noah, rose>kyrie, bulls team and coach>cleveland.

I always laugh when people use mathematical terms/symbols in expressing how likely someone is to signing somewhere or when comparing players/teams.

One could argue:

Team A PG: Raymond Felton < Team B PG: Chris Paul, Team A C: Greg Oden < Team B C: Dwight Howard, Team A SG: Lance Stevenson > Team B SG: Andre Iguadala, Team A SF: Carmelo Anthony > Team B SF: Paul George, Team A PF: Kevin Love > Team B PF: Dirk Nowitzki

Team A:

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Lance Stevenson
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kevin Love
C : Greg Oden

Team B:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Andre Iguadala
SF: Paul George
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C : Dwight Howard

Team A has more ">" than Team B, so therefore, Team A is better! Doesn't work that way... there are so many variables to look at, such as: how much greater is one player versus another (value one player at 5 points, the other at 3 for a net of +2, would be slightly better), team chemistry, capabilities of players at each position/team needs etc...

Team B would completely decimate Team A both offensively and defensively, despite only having 2 ">" symbols. It wouldn't be a very pretty game to watch...

(Btw, I personally disagree that Love = Noah, and Rose > Kyrie (at this point without seeing what Rose is capable of) )

Cal827
07-11-2014, 11:17 PM
I think for the first time in a while, the Eastern Conference is gonna be wide open and entertaining.

You have Cleveland, who now have Lebron/Irving... but that's pretty much it as of now. They have Wiggins/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson/Varajao to round it out, but it's likely that 3 or 4 of the 5 are gone if they grab Love. That would leave them cash strapped, and pretty much needing minimum contracts to run out the team. Cleveland is a little harder than Miami to draw that (E.g. when Lebron was there before), and many players may not wanna sign in a bargain, as teams are offering contracts through the roof so far lol... Also, although LBJ is a great defender, Irving/Love are outright terrible. Most of the Eastern Conference teams on the up and up have PGs who are essentially the floor generals of the team. Consider that when Lebron went to Miami, he was joining another top 3-5 player and a top 15 player. Irving and Love are maybe in the top 20 (Love a little higher of course)

Miami, despite losing Lebron, still will likely have Wade/Bosh, and will likely grab Deng to replace Lebron. Obviously he won't fully, but he's pretty good all-around. They also will have more space to grab some players to fit the other roles, as well as possibly make a big splash on the market and go after one of the RFAs to fill a weak spot. E.g. What if they go all-out and are able to pry Monroe away from Detroit? That gives them a pretty good front court of Bosh/Monroe.

Toronto, have been able to keep the core of the team together, despite the questions over Lowry resigning over Miami or LA. The team chemistry was very good on the team last year, and they got their first taste of playoff action (for most of them). They did lose in the first round to Brooklyn, but should be interesting whether this is a stagnant year (they have a fair bit of cap space after this season), or does the experience elevate their play even more (along with the development of JV and Ross). If the two develop further, then this team could be the most complete/deep team in the East this season.

Washington was able to not only make the playoffs, but embarrass a playoff hardened team in Chicago, and play a long series with the 1 seeded pacers. They currently have the best PG in the Eastern Conference in Wall and a great up and coming SG in Beal. They also were able to resign their C in Gortat (who I saw **** us over when they were in Toronto in February lol), Ne-Ne should be healthier, Porter should start to develop, AND they have some money to spend. Just like Toronto, they could be a little stagnant this year, or their Chemistry could elevate them to the top.

Indiana was the 1 seed last year, but everything started to fall apart. With that being said, perhaps they are able to sort out the issues in the off-season. If Hibbert can find his game again, than that team again is going to be a pain. Include the further development of PG. It should be interesting to see what happens with Stephenson though, maybe him gone is a good thing for the team overall.

Chicago has probably the best coach in the East in Thibs, as well as a fairly deep roster, who are defensively strong. If Rose is able to contribute decently, they could be a top 3 in the East. If they are able to grab Carmelo from NY, then it would be really hard to pick against them, as Thibs would be the best coach to hide Melos defensive inefficiencies.

Brooklyn is aging, but I think they could have one more chance at it before having to blow up completely. If they can get Brook Lopez to stay healthy for a season, then they can cause some problems too.

And that's not including the further development of the Charlotte Hornet's Walker/Jefferson/Kid-Gilchrist

Atlanta with Milsap/Horford/Ariza? and the younger guys.

I think that other than maybe a surge from the Pistons, that the other 5 teams (76ers, Knicks, Bucks, Celtics, Magic) aren't up there yet.

But I think that 6 teams have a legitimate shot at the 1 seed in the East.

Jarvo
07-11-2014, 11:30 PM

Nope, With Lebron gone from Miami I believe The Pacers will get their heads out of their ***** and play ball

MickeyMgl
07-12-2014, 05:14 AM
The Cavs were the best in the East back when they had Lebron the first time, and he literally had no help.

He is really amazing, isn't he? :D :cool: :eyebrow:

One on twelve!

shep33
07-12-2014, 05:35 AM
I think for the first time in a while, the Eastern Conference is gonna be wide open and entertaining.

You have Cleveland, who now have Lebron/Irving... but that's pretty much it as of now. They have Wiggins/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson/Varajao to round it out, but it's likely that 3 or 4 of the 5 are gone if they grab Love. That would leave them cash strapped, and pretty much needing minimum contracts to run out the team. Cleveland is a little harder than Miami to draw that (E.g. when Lebron was there before), and many players may not wanna sign in a bargain, as teams are offering contracts through the roof so far lol... Also, although LBJ is a great defender, Irving/Love are outright terrible. Most of the Eastern Conference teams on the up and up have PGs who are essentially the floor generals of the team. Consider that when Lebron went to Miami, he was joining another top 3-5 player and a top 15 player. Irving and Love are maybe in the top 20 (Love a little higher of course)

Miami, despite losing Lebron, still will likely have Wade/Bosh, and will likely grab Deng to replace Lebron. Obviously he won't fully, but he's pretty good all-around. They also will have more space to grab some players to fit the other roles, as well as possibly make a big splash on the market and go after one of the RFAs to fill a weak spot. E.g. What if they go all-out and are able to pry Monroe away from Detroit? That gives them a pretty good front court of Bosh/Monroe.

Toronto, have been able to keep the core of the team together, despite the questions over Lowry resigning over Miami or LA. The team chemistry was very good on the team last year, and they got their first taste of playoff action (for most of them). They did lose in the first round to Brooklyn, but should be interesting whether this is a stagnant year (they have a fair bit of cap space after this season), or does the experience elevate their play even more (along with the development of JV and Ross). If the two develop further, then this team could be the most complete/deep team in the East this season.

Washington was able to not only make the playoffs, but embarrass a playoff hardened team in Chicago, and play a long series with the 1 seeded pacers. They currently have the best PG in the Eastern Conference in Wall and a great up and coming SG in Beal. They also were able to resign their C in Gortat (who I saw **** us over when they were in Toronto in February lol), Ne-Ne should be healthier, Porter should start to develop, AND they have some money to spend. Just like Toronto, they could be a little stagnant this year, or their Chemistry could elevate them to the top.

Indiana was the 1 seed last year, but everything started to fall apart. With that being said, perhaps they are able to sort out the issues in the off-season. If Hibbert can find his game again, than that team again is going to be a pain. Include the further development of PG. It should be interesting to see what happens with Stephenson though, maybe him gone is a good thing for the team overall.

Chicago has probably the best coach in the East in Thibs, as well as a fairly deep roster, who are defensively strong. If Rose is able to contribute decently, they could be a top 3 in the East. If they are able to grab Carmelo from NY, then it would be really hard to pick against them, as Thibs would be the best coach to hide Melos defensive inefficiencies.

Brooklyn is aging, but I think they could have one more chance at it before having to blow up completely. If they can get Brook Lopez to stay healthy for a season, then they can cause some problems too.

And that's not including the further development of the Charlotte Hornet's Walker/Jefferson/Kid-Gilchrist

Atlanta with Milsap/Horford/Ariza? and the younger guys.

I think that other than maybe a surge from the Pistons, that the other 5 teams (76ers, Knicks, Bucks, Celtics, Magic) aren't up there yet.

But I think that 6 teams have a legitimate shot at the 1 seed in the East.

I think this is very accurate. Good sum up Cal.

Whoever makes it out east though is going to have a tough time beating the elite teams in the west though. But at least the East should be fun again

Minimal
07-12-2014, 06:29 AM
okc vs cavs will be one hell of a finals now if you think about it

3ballbomber
07-12-2014, 06:35 AM
can't answer until players & teams finalize trades, movement & signings

PurpleLynch
07-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Bucks.

Knight/Wolters
Mayo/Delfino
Parker/Giannis/Middleton
Ilyasova/Henson
Sanders/Pachulia

Coach:Kidd

CHAMPIONSHIPS!

JWO35
07-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Pacers second to the Bulls...

North Yorker
07-12-2014, 08:40 AM
I think the Pacers will have a down year this season, especially if they lose Stephenson.

Hibbert is on the trade block.

West is 34 by the time the season starts, as is Scola.

I have a hard time seeing a team with George and two 34 yr old PFs as their best players being a top 4 seed in the East next year. But we'll see how they fill out their backcourt and bench I guess.

SPURSFAN1
07-12-2014, 10:16 AM
okc vs cavs will be one hell of a finals now if you think about it

Can't be serious?

theheatles
07-12-2014, 10:20 AM
I wish I could of laid down a bet on Miami when the odds were 100-1. Wade will get back to form and start volume shooting at his now most efficient level ever and then thrown in Deng and Monroe. Heat are another Derrick Rose injury away from winning the east. Cavs will be a threat but unless they get Love, Ray Allen and Mike Miller, they aren't winning anytime soon with Wiggins, Waiters, Bennet, Kyrie and Thompson all playing significant minutes.

SPURSFAN1
07-12-2014, 10:23 AM
It's going to be fun to watch bosh and wade vs lebron. lol

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM
It's going to be fun to watch bosh and wade vs lebron. lol

Those will be some crazy games for sure. I have a feeling the three of them will be fine, not like Allen vs. KG and Pierce, but the fan side of things will be nuts in the Miami home court games

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 11:48 AM
With Utah matching the Hornets offer for Hayward I can see the Hornets going in with Lance Stephenson. Even more talent spread out in the East. Should be fun this season because idk who is coming out

FlashBolt
07-12-2014, 12:00 PM
I say Cleveland just because whichever team has James will be the ECF favorites. Chicago? Unless they get Melo, I don't see them as serious competition. Brooklyn is done. Knicks need another year to actually be competitive. Miami with Wade+Bosh probably taking in $40 million a year is not going to cut it. Pacers? They might not get Lance back and rumors broke that they are shopping Roy. Don't know what happens but Cleveland is ECF favorites for me.