PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins now available for Kevin Love trade?

eternal slumber
07-11-2014, 01:58 PM
https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/487648927374934018

so it begins.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Love will be in Cleveland shortly. If they are making Wiggins, as well as salary fillers available, the Wolves pull the trigger. 7 years of Wiggins is a nice consolation for Love leaving anyways.

LAKobeBryant
07-11-2014, 02:08 PM
mark spears

At the moment, Cavaliers rookie swingman Andrew Wiggins' camp believes he won't be traded to Minnesota for Kevin Love.

numba1CHANGsta
07-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah good Wiggins better be involved or else that would be a sick ripoff.

I still believe that Irving/Lebron/Love<Wade/LeBron/Bosh and of course LeBron's little lapdogs will follow him to CLE like Mike Miller and Ray Allen.

WITZ
07-11-2014, 02:09 PM
DO NOT WANT. Let them take David Lee & Barnes if thats the case.

Nikeman
Love will be in Cleveland shortly. If they are making Wiggins, as well as salary fillers available, the Wolves pull the trigger. 7 years of Wiggins is a nice consolation for Love leaving anyways.

I can see Cleveland keeping some of their young talent too. Kevin Love has ALL the power here. Nobody trades for him without him guaranteeing an extension, and if he says he wants to go to Cleveland, and won't sign anywhere else, Minnesota better take Wiggins and be ecstatic.

numba1CHANGsta
mark spears

If Im Minny I won't trade Love unless Wiggins is involved

KnicksorBust
07-11-2014, 02:17 PM
It's the right play for both franchises. I don't know if Kevin Martin needs to be involved. I don't know if they want Anthony Bennett or a future pick too... but if you can start the season with:

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

You could win a title in YEAR 1. Get it done Cleveland.

LAKobeBryant
07-11-2014, 02:19 PM
It's the right play for both franchises. I don't know if Kevin Martin needs to be involved. I don't know if they want Anthony Bennett or a future pick too... but if you can start the season with:

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

waiters > kmart

KnicksorBust
07-11-2014, 02:19 PM

I still believe that Irving/Lebron/Love<Wade/LeBron/Bosh and of course LeBron's little lapdogs will follow him to CLE like Mike Miller and Ray Allen.

Offensively Irving and Love destroy Wade and Bosh and considering how bad Wade played defensively in the Finals it's not much of a debate. Throw in age appeal and it's a no brainer. LeBron will bein the hunt for titles the rest of his career now with that young core.

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
If i'm minny, I JUMP on this trade.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2014, 02:20 PM

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

They'll easily get out of the East (if CHI gets Melo that's the only team that could even be a little bit of a road block). But that D is pretty bad. Lebron and AV are good but the rest of those guys suck on D. A SA team or even a HOU team with Bosh and Parsons would be on par with that roster IMO.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 02:23 PM

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

Can people stop posting just 5 players and act like that's enough? If this years finals showed anything its that how important depth is. That starting 5 you just posted will not play all 48 minutes.

Sure they may get a damn good starting 5 with Love, but if they lack quality depth, about two bigs and two guards that can come off the bench and play as if Cleveland didn't miss a beat, they won't beat any power house west team.

Spanklin
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Kevin Love tells Cleveland he will never sign an extension with them. Now that Lebron is there, K-Love cannot make it happen soon enough. Kevin Love is not a man. No wonder Minny was was begging to dump him for such a pittance package as David Lee and Klay. I'm so glad GSW's management saw right through that scam.

Lebron should block this and stick with real men.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 02:38 PM
It's pretty much 100% Love goes to Cleveland. Cleveland will do whatever it takes to help James compete now and clearly Love is a better option than Wiggins at this point.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 02:46 PM

seeing as Wade resembles Lt Dan at this point of his career, of course an Irving/Love duo is better for LeBron.

OKC
07-11-2014, 02:47 PM

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

that lineup would be horrible on D

raiderfaninTX
07-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Dantoni Suns 2.0 for the first year at least

Ware_Spencer
07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
If I was the Cavs. I would try and get Love and Dieng. That Center looked awesome last year when he started.

Miami struggled to guard the paint last year and rebound against bigger teams.

Dieng last year averaged 12 points and 12 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 32 minutes as a starter last year.

I would trade all the young players they want for Dieng and Love. Love and Dieng will be an awesome front court with rebounding and Dieng can protect the paint. Love needs that shot blocker next to him. Kevin Martin is a joke. Don't trade for that bad contract. The guy always gets injured and isn't very effective anymore.

Irving
Waiters or veteran
Lebron
Love
Dieng

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I can see Cleveland keeping some of their young talent too. Kevin Love has ALL the power here. Nobody trades for him without him guaranteeing an extension, and if he says he wants to go to Cleveland, and won't sign anywhere else, Minnesota better take Wiggins and be ecstatic.

cap needs to match up, so it will be more than Wiggins, whatever that may entail.

MonroeFAN
07-11-2014, 02:52 PM

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

Can people stop posting just 5 players and act like that's enough? If this years finals showed anything its that how important depth is. That starting 5 you just posted will not play all 48 minutes.

Sure they may get a damn good starting 5 with Love, but if they lack quality depth, about two bigs and two guards that can come off the bench and play as if Cleveland didn't miss a beat, they won't beat any power house west team.

But it was enough the year before, and the year before that? Miami had no business being in the finals this year. This is not the same big 3 either. They have stars that can shoot the ball.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
If I was the Cavs. I would try and get Love and Dieng. That Center looked awesome last year when he started.

Miami struggled to guard the paint last year and rebound against bigger teams.

Dieng last year averaged 12 points and 12 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 32 minutes as a starter last year.

I would trade all the young players they want for Dieng and Love. Love and Dieng will be an awesome front court with reboundings an Dieng can protect the paint. Love needs that shot blocker next to him. Kevin Martin is a joke. Don't trade for that bad contract. The guy always gets injured and isn't very effective anymore.

Irving
Waiters or veteran
Lebron
Love
Dieng

not happening. Flip has a boner over Dieng.

KnicksorBust
07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
They'll easily get out of the East (if CHI gets Melo that's the only team that could even be a little bit of a road block). But that D is pretty bad. Lebron and AV are good but the rest of those guys suck on D. A SA team or even a HOU team with Bosh and Parsons would be on par with that roster IMO.

So basically Cleveland would go from 4 straight lotteries to the NBA Finals... sounds like a great trade to me. :)

:laugh: @ thinking that lineup won't win a chip. And I love that people think Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter won the Spurs the championship. LeBron had NO HELP. You don't need 9 guys. But you do need 3 and some good games from role players. Finding Shane Battier is not nearly as had as people think once you already have an elite core in place. I still remember people on this site raving about how thin the Celtics were going to be trading everything they had for Ray and KG and then *magically* guys like James Posey and PJ Brown.

And the best offensive team in the league. That frontcourt defense is underrated as well.

Ware_Spencer
07-11-2014, 02:56 PM
not happening. Flip has a boner over Dieng.

If they include Waiters, Wiggins and Bennett. Maybe even Thompson.

Still no? Not saying he should. If I was the Timberwolves I wouldn't lol I think Dieng is going to be a top 10. Maybe 5 center in a few years.

Just I would try and get him if I was the Cavs.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 02:57 PM
If the Cavs can keep Waitors, and deal Wiggins and Bennett with a 1st, keeping Tristan Thomphson, god damn that roster would be scary if they could get one more big to rebound and defend along with Anderson.

Irving- 22
Waitors- 22
LeBron- 29
Kevin Love- 25
Anderson Varejao- 31

Bench could include:

Tristan Thompson -23
Ray Allen

and other pieces.. add another decent guard/big and that competes for a title from Day 1.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 02:58 PM
If they include Waiters, Wiggins and Bennett. Maybe even Thompson.

Still no? Not saying he should. If I was the Timberwolves I wouldn't lol I think Dieng is going to be a top 10. Maybe 5 center in a few years.

Just I would try and get him if I was the Cavs.

Still no imo. Dieng is going nowhere with the money he makes, and the skillset he has, unless its part of a package to bring in established players. The Wolves want to go youth movement, why trade away arguably the most talented young player outside Wiggins?

Cavs are getting Kevin Love. They aren't exactly settling here..

BKLYNpigeon
07-11-2014, 03:04 PM

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

haha, thats ont even top 4 in the west. that team will be murdered on defense.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 1 minute ago
Second NBA source: The Warriors have no plans to offer Klay Thompson to Minnesota, even if CLE comes in aggressively for Kevin Love.

Looks like the competition for Cleveland in GSW has also died.

xnick5757
07-11-2014, 03:28 PM

PG - Kyrie
SG - KMart
SF - LeBron
PF - Love
C - Varejao

that team is godawful defensively

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Tim Kawakami @timkawakami 1 minute ago
Second NBA source: The Warriors have no plans to offer Klay Thompson to Minnesota, even if CLE comes in aggressively for Kevin Love.

Looks like the competition for Cleveland in GSW has also died.

good. As a Wolves fan, I would highly prefer Wiggins for 7-8 years, than turning around and tying up the cap with Lee, and then signing Klay to a stupid contract.

NJrockPD
07-11-2014, 03:31 PM

Can't really give a full depth chart when Love isn't on the team and you don't know what the trade will consist of. I do know Levron will bring I. Vets looking for a easy ring do filling the roster should be tough. As of right now they are already pretty deep.

Guys like Thompson, Wiggins, Waiters, and Bennett are stitting on the bench. I'm pretty sure they will be a solid roster.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 03:31 PM
that team is godawful defensively

Love won't look that bad defensively with a player like Andy next to him, and you have to figure KMart would come off the bench. Though, I highly doubt the Cavs want any part of him and his deal.

NJrockPD
07-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Kevin Love tells Cleveland he will never sign an extension with them. Now that Lebron is there, K-Love cannot make it happen soon enough. Kevin Love is not a man. No wonder Minny was was begging to dump him for such a pittance package as David Lee and Klay. I'm so glad GSW's management saw right through that scam.

Well he will fit right in with the stars of the NBA. You can't knock Love for that after Lebron, Wade, and Bosh basically did the same thing in Miami. Howard and Harden are trying to recruit another star. Nash, Howard, Pau, and Kobe tried to steal one in L.A. a couple of years back. That's why I love Rose and the Bulls. They play hard no matter what and aren't going to sell the farm for these premadonnas in the NBA today.

mike_noodles
07-11-2014, 03:40 PM
I think the Cavs should find a way to get Love without using Wiggins and then send Wiggins home for a Demar Derzoan package.

WSU Tony
07-11-2014, 03:47 PM
The Wolves would be fools to not accept any package with Wiggins. The Cavs would be fools not to offer Wiggins for Love.

It's that simple. That being said it "should" happen.

Oefarmy2005
07-11-2014, 03:54 PM

First of, he said right away - weeks before Lebron's announcement that he'd seriously consider resigning with CLE if Lebron was there. While I can't stand Love and his pouting - isn't every NBA star(besides KD) like that now-a-days? The guy you so covet, Thompson, was balling about the possibility of being traded to MN. For some reason media and players don't bother researching to see that MN is a top 5 state to live in, in the whole country. Top 5 IQ, top 5 to have a family, e.t.c. - this is all part of the Thompson rant - the roster isn't bad either.

Second - you sound very bitter. He may still get dealt to GS, even though he makes so much more sense for CLE over Wiggins, it's not even funny. Wiggins will likely take 2-3 years to mature enough to be a real factor and that's a bit IF(there are enough great college players that don't do much in the NBA and get picked in the top 5). Love is 25, is just entering his prime and is a top 7 player all around(even with his defensive deficiencies). Lebron is what 29.5, and in all reality has 3-5 years left before he sees a serious decline - that's not much time. Plus, Love is just a better fit - doesn't need the ball in his hands to score, is relentless on the glass, has become a phenomenal passer - e.t.c.

ManningToTyree
07-11-2014, 03:57 PM
If wiggins is in the deal minny isn't gunna do better for love

Oefarmy2005
07-11-2014, 04:00 PM
If wiggins is in the deal minny isn't gunna do better for love

No, but if it's not Cleveland, I think can definitely do better than whatever GS is supposedly offering.

LALA
07-11-2014, 04:10 PM
So Lebron is going to go play with a bunch of losers who never even dreamed of the playoffs?

Sure they will probably make it to the ECF, but they won't win in the finals with Kyrie and Love

LALA
07-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Love is going to average 5 rebounds a game when his team (Lebron) won't let him statwhore the rebounds.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Love is going to average 5 rebounds a game when his team (Lebron) won't let him statwhore the rebounds.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/8a/c8/8ac86d1ed67648aff54888bc7f9b3bf6.png

You can't tell me you're legit.

LALA
07-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Love won't look that bad defensively with a player like Andy next to him, and you have to figure KMart would come off the bench. Though, I highly doubt the Cavs want any part of him and his deal.

Andy is a teaser. Hes never fully healthy.

If Cavs were smart they would target Bosh instead of Love. Love is going to be reduced to a jumpshooter who will get beat down in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Miami weren't great defensively last year and this Cleveland team is better offensively/defensively than Miami. They are also younger. Definitely much better than you think it is.

rockets-fan
07-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Well he will fit right in with the stars of the NBA. You can't knock Love for that after Lebron, Wade, and Bosh basically did the same thing in Miami. Howard and Harden are trying to recruit another star. Nash, Howard, Pau, and Kobe tried to steal one in L.A. a couple of years back. That's why I love Rose and the Bulls. They play hard no matter what and aren't going to sell the farm for these premadonnas in the NBA today.

Bulls?? They were planning in Boozer being a star player and they tried to get Melo?

Stop acting like the bulls are above teaming up players when they literally just tried to, and still might.

jakedajewler
07-11-2014, 04:21 PM
bad move by the cavs, love can shoot a bit, that's it, can't defend or do much else

lilchuckdoubles
07-11-2014, 04:25 PM
damn soo suddenly love can't rebound?

Method28
07-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I do not budge on giving Wiggins if I'm Clev

RiLoc
07-11-2014, 04:34 PM
love can shoot a bit, that's it, can't defend or do much elseThat's selling him short a little bit. lol

JustinTime
07-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Masai Ujiri better be working the phones like crazy to make this a three team trade. Lets have a Wiggins to the Raptors homecoming too.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Andy is a teaser. Hes never fully healthy.

If Cavs were smart they would target Bosh instead of Love. Love is going to be reduced to a jumpshooter who will get beat down in the playoffs.

for defensive purposes, for sure Bosh. But Love is ideal next to LeBron offensively, and to clean up the glass.

Not sure how you think Love will get beat down in the playoffs?

JustinTime
07-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Here's the trade that's going to go down for Love

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o8hfzfh + picks to the Cavs or whatever to make it work

Bruno
07-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Cleveland is going to do everything they can to keep Wiggins. they'll give every other young player and asset besides Irving and Wiggins.

Waiters, Bennett, T. Thompson along with Miamis first round pick, and maybe other draft considerations for Kevin Love.

if you're cleveland you do everything you can to start a lineup of Irving-Wiggins-LBJ-Love-Varejao. you give it all up for that core.

its not wiggins but is Minny going to say no and are they going to get a better offer? Cleveland is in an obscene position right now in regards to assets, I've never seen anything like it.

nysportsfan23
07-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Getting love without wiggins, are the cavs high? Why would minny do that? Lol

Oefarmy2005
07-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Lets be honest here - without Wiggins - the Cleveland offer is unrealistic. I'd much rather deal with Boston, Chicago or Denver in that case. The word is CLE will not trade Wiggins - good for them if he works out, bad for them if he doesn't.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 04:55 PM
who's the best defensive anchor in the NBA. the Cavs should trade wiggins for that player then offer Bennett, Waiters, Thompson and a couple firsts for Love. bring in ray and miller.

Irving
Allen/Miller
LBJ
Love/Anderson V.
Best defensive anchor in the NBA/Anderson V.

never going to happen because they wont trade wiggins but this team goes to the finals for the next five years in a row. does Cleveland flip Wiggins for Embiid if Embiid appears healthy halfway through 2015? so much potential for Cleveland now.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Getting love without wiggins, are the cavs high? Why would minny do that? Lol

only if they think love walks and they don't get offered a better package.

whats better, the Warriors package or Bennett, Waiters, Thompson and two first rounders?

the Lakers will be able to offer Randle, an expiring and a first rounder from the Jeremy Lin trade, as well as their own from 2018.

Clevelands offer looks pretty good to me compared to what other teams have to offer.

raiderfaninTX
07-11-2014, 04:57 PM
If wiggins stays and they acquire love that's shaq Kobe lakers level of domination in two years .

lukass
07-11-2014, 04:57 PM
The Wolves would be fools to not accept any package with Wiggins. The Cavs would be fools not to offer Wiggins for Love.

It's that simple. That being said it "should" happen.

This

JustinTime
07-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Lets be honest here - without Wiggins - the Cleveland offer is unrealistic. I'd much rather deal with Boston, Chicago or Denver in that case. The word is CLE will not trade Wiggins - good for them if he works out, bad for them if he doesn't.

Toronto:
Wiggins
Bennett
Gee

Cleveland:
Love

Minnesota:
Derozan or Ross
Valuncunias
2015 Toronto 1st
2015 Cleveland 1st

Minimal
07-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Here's the trade that's going to go down for Love

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o8hfzfh + picks to the Cavs or whatever to make it work
makes no sense for toronto

smith&wesson
07-11-2014, 05:10 PM
klove will force a trade to the cavs and minni will have to chose between losing love or taking qwhat cleveland gives them which will most likely be waiters, thompson, bennett + picks

Dr Positivity
07-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Cavaliers are taking a tough negotiating position but they need to trade for Kevin Love. Lebron's apex won't last forever.

This also allows them to say "Ok we'll include Wiggins but only if you give something back". Gorgui Dieng would be a good fit for the Cavs needs.

smith&wesson
07-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Cavaliers are taking a tough negotiating position but they need to trade for Kevin Love. Lebron's apex won't last forever.

This also allows them to say "Ok we'll include Wiggins but only if you give something back". Gorgui Dieng would be a good fit for the Cavs needs.

this is all wishfull thinking... minni has 0 leverage

this is exactly what happened to toronto and bosh. Bosh wanted to go to miami, Toront was in a position of losing him for nothing or taking whatever miami offered which was a 14 million dollar tpe that they used maybe 1.5 million of.

Cleveland can always turn their attention to another player, like bosh or melo ... they dont have to get love. but if minni has to trade love because he can just block any other trade and then walk next season leaving them with nothing.

Bruno
07-11-2014, 05:13 PM

excellent call. Cleveland should do everything they can to bring him in as well.

Dr Positivity
07-11-2014, 05:15 PM
klove will force a trade to the cavs and minni will have to chose between losing love or taking qwhat cleveland gives them which will most likely be waiters, thompson, bennett + picks

To me MIN is more likely to accept David Lee and Harrison Barnes centered package than Waiters, Thompson and Bennett.

Feels like MIN was targeting GSW more than an offer like BOS because they wanted "win now" help. MIN wants to make the playoffs, they're sick after a 10 yr playoff drought. The difference is Wiggins package is so huge from a prospect perspective that it may change their mind.

smith&wesson
07-11-2014, 05:17 PM
To me MIN is more likely to accept David Lee and Harrison Barnes centered package than Waiters, Thompson and Bennett.

Feels like MIN was targeting GSW because they wanted "win now" help. MIN wants to make the playoffs, they're sick after a 10 yr playoff drought.

Love will just say that he wont commit long term and they will pull out. its that easy.

no one wants to give up major assets for love and have no comitment of keeping him long term. Is GS going to give up lee and barnes for a one year rental of love ? i dont think so.

mjt20mik
07-11-2014, 05:17 PM

Feels like MIN was targeting GSW because they wanted "win now" help. MIN wants to make the playoffs, they're sick after a 10 yr playoff drought.

Yeah. I have a feeling, that it is Wiggins or nothing for a trade to happen. I'd honestly part with him, if Love commits to a long term deal. An Iriving, Lebron, Love team would be very scary to play against.

mavwar53
07-11-2014, 05:18 PM
this is all wishfull thinking... minni has 0 leverage.

Yes because Love has come out and said the only place he will sign with the cavs right.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 05:22 PM
excellent call. Cleveland should do everything they can to bring him in as well.

why would the Wolves do that? They would already be giving the Cavs KEVIN LOVE.

I would personally rather let him walk for nothing than take back Cleveland's crap and some picks that won't be realized for years, or in the late 20's

Dr Positivity
07-11-2014, 05:25 PM

I would personally rather let him walk for nothing than take back Cleveland's crap and some picks that won't be realized for years, or in the late 20's

The thing is MIN can't just trade Love for Wiggins. CLE has to throw in 2 of Bennett/Waiters/TT for the salaries to work.

So if they trade all of Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson for him. They say "We're giving you more than Wiggins, so you gotta trade us some value back too". Bennett and Gorgui Dieng are close in trade value IMO

JustinTime
07-11-2014, 05:29 PM

It makes plenty of sense for Toronto. Wiggins/Bennett are from Toronto and Wiggins is what Lebron is to Cleveland to Toronto. Only thing that would be bad about it would be how Lowry would handle it.

Dr Positivity
07-11-2014, 05:34 PM

I don't mind the idea but I have doubts about MIN preferring Derozan to just taking Wiggins if it's on the table

How about this idea

Cleveland gets
Kevin Love

Minnesota gets:
Andrew Wigeons
Tristan Thompson
Amir Johnson

Toronto gets:
Anthony Bennett

Toronto cashes in one of their older core players for a young PF in Bennett. Minnesota both gets Wiggins and a win now PF/C in Amir

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine ∑ 1h
ESPN sources say Mike Miller is indeed exploring every option to try to reunite with LeBron James in Cleveland after halting talks w/ Denver

spreadeagle
07-11-2014, 05:37 PM
LeBron James referenced looking forward to playing with Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and Anderson Varejao in his essay announcing his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, but there was no mention of Andrew Wiggins or Anthony Bennett.

Wiggins has been rumored to be a necessary piece should the Cavaliers trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves with Kevin Love.

Chris Broussard of ESPN reports that the Cavaliers have offer Waiters, Bennett and a first round pick to the Wolves for Love.

Broussard reports that Wiggins has been told by the Cavaliers that he won't be traded. The Cavaliers are trying to complete this trade without giving up Wiggins and must find a third team..

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Old, old news.

jayjay33
07-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Yeah I agree with u. But If I'm the cavs I give up wiggins for love. But I want brewer back too and I'm keeping Thompson.

NYKNYGNYY
07-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Cleveland's getting greedy now ! I don't see why they would take a bust in most peoples eyes in Bennett and waiters (I like waiters) but I think they'd have to throw in wiggins ...

I'm not to happy lebron going home, if love goes all that happend is he upgraded to a better big 3...he'll thrive with a better point guard

Slim Tubby
07-11-2014, 05:53 PM
No Wiggins, no trade....it's actually just that simple for MN. The trade would be one of the few "win-win" deals for both teams involved that ever gets done. I don't blame CLE fans for not wanting to part with Wiggins but there is a price to pay. With Bosh going back to MIA, HOU now becomes a player for Love and we'd much rather have a package of Parsons, Jones and picks than what CLE currently has on the table.

HoopsMachine
07-11-2014, 05:56 PM
I do not budge on giving Wiggins if I'm Clev

this, kid will have an opportunity to learn from the best player and for now he would be an exciting wingmate to play next to Lebron.

Slim Tubby
07-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Bennett is actually negative trade value from MN's perspective. He was an ENORMOUS bust last year and has 3 years/$18M left on his contract. MN would be doing CLE a favor by taking him back in the trade. I like Thompson but Waiters is not wanted/needed in MN. Dieng's going nowhere but if CLE wants to talk Pek, I'd be willing to listen. :)

Bruno
07-11-2014, 06:06 PM

oh I agree, if I'm Cleveland I only push for G.D if I include Wiggins along with the other assets like Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, the Miami pick. if I'm cleveland and i'm trying to get away with not giving Wiggins for Love then getting G.D. would be out of the question. they'd be lucky if Minny accepted Waiters/Bennett/Thompson/two firsts. thats what they'll try to do.

JustinTime
07-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I don't mind the idea but I have doubts about MIN preferring Derozan to just taking Wiggins if it's on the table

How about this idea

Cleveland gets
Kevin Love

Minnesota gets:
Andrew Wigeons
Tristan Thompson
Amir Johnson

Toronto gets:
Anthony Bennett

Toronto cashes in one of their older core players for a young PF in Bennett. Minnesota both gets Wiggins and a win now PF/C in Amir

I'd do that in a heartbeat if i'm Toronto but I think if they get into that conversation they'll try for Wiggins as well or on his own. Amir's legs are shot and Bennett is in the best shape of his life so regardless of Bennett's awful year i'd take that gamble.

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Cavs would be dumb IMO to have three max contract guys. It's so much smarter to keep wiggins on his rookie contract and add interchangeable pieces every year. Plus in four years when wiggins gets a new contract, LeBron will be slowing down.

WickedBadMan
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Thompsons not going anywhere, he's friends with Lebron. I don't think a deal happens, maybe at the deadline unless someone makes a new offer to MN.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN 3 minutes ago
Andrew Wiggins will play in summer league tonight for Cavs. They have no plans to include him in trade talks for Kevin Love, sources said.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd do that in a heartbeat if i'm Toronto but I think if they get into that conversation they'll try for Wiggins as well or on his own. Amir's legs are shot and Bennett is in the best shape of his life so regardless of Bennett's awful year i'd take that gamble.

I would not do that from Toronto's standpoint. I don't think Bennett mentally gets over going #1 and busting so hard unless he's able to hind in Lebrons shadow for a bit and "start over"

Six-8-TheWizard
07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
I would not do that from Toronto's standpoint. I don't think Bennett mentally gets over going #1 and busting so hard unless he's able to hind in Lebrons shadow for a bit and "start over"

After reading that back that sounds so suspect :laugh2:

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 08:34 PM
I think they have to go ALL IN to get Love.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 08:41 PM
I think they have to go ALL IN to get Love.

Agreed 100%

What Cavs fans are not realizing is two major things:

1) LeBron is 29 years old. With maybe 4-5 years max of LeBron basketball left, the Cavs cannot wait. Wiggins is 19, and will not come into the NBA and become the Scottie Pippen many Cavs fans claim. He may very well become a damn good player, but you cannot afford to waste 2-3 years of LeBron's prime waiting for Wiggins to develop.

2) Love is a proven commodity in this league. You know exactly what you will get with him. I'd argue Love is already a borderline superstar putting up 26/12. Love is only 25 years old, so you have a solid 7-8 years of Kevin Love in his prime. Its not like Cleveland is trading Wiggins for an old player who has a couple years left. Cleveland has a the playmakers they need in Kyrie and LeBron, and provided they keep Waitors, they have a good scorer in their back court as well. They need a big man who can score, and that is Kevin Love. Anderson V with his defense/hustle will help mask some of Kevin's defensive deficiency's.

Bottom line is: Cleveland cannot waste Lebron's prime waiting for Wiggins to develop. Trade for the proven commodity and go for the championship.

If they are attempting to acquire players like Mike Miller/Ray Allen, it does tell me that they will make the trade.

believeinNYK
07-11-2014, 08:45 PM
If the cavs aren't giving up wiggins I don't see the trade happening before the season starts, although midway through the season when minnu feels pressured to trade him or lose him they may budge on a deal with cle that doesn't include Wiggins

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 09:32 PM
The thing is MIN can't just trade Love for Wiggins. CLE has to throw in 2 of Bennett/Waiters/TT for the salaries to work.

So if they trade all of Wiggins, Bennett and Thompson for him. They say "We're giving you more than Wiggins, so you gotta trade us some value back too". Bennett and Gorgui Dieng are close in trade value IMO

They would be trading a 2nd year player who is the worst #1 pick in years, Wiggins, and some filler. Why exactly should the Wolves take even less on the dollar?

As much potential as Wiggins has, what kind of percentage do you give him being a 2 time all NBA 2nd teamer by age 25?

The Wolves are not getting fair value. But they sure as **** are not throwing in a top 6 player at age 25, and on top of that, a young center who is on the cheap for 3 more years that showed to be very productive in a short time.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 09:36 PM
oh I agree, if I'm Cleveland I only push for G.D if I include Wiggins along with the other assets like Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, the Miami pick. if I'm cleveland and i'm trying to get away with not giving Wiggins for Love then getting G.D. would be out of the question. they'd be lucky if Minny accepted Waiters/Bennett/Thompson/two firsts. thats what they'll try to do.

and if I am Minnesota, if they are getting Love, and ask for Dieng, I tell them to go **** themselves.

Again, as much potential as Wiggins has, it's just that. Potential. Love is the real deal. 25, an automatic 25/12 player who is the best shooter/rebounder combination in history, and works perfectly next to LeBron.

Take your Love and go away Cleveland. Do you want Crunch too?

Hawkeye15
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN 3 minutes ago
Andrew Wiggins will play in summer league tonight for Cavs. They have no plans to include him in trade talks for Kevin Love, sources said.

then the Cavs won't get Love.

Pretty simple...

ankit
07-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know what happens when Kylie is maxed, Lebron is maxed and Love is maxed the rest of the roster will be roster fill ups just like the Miami Heat. They should keep Wiggins who is in his rook salary and add a solid supporting cast and role players to surround Lebron. Wiggins and Lebron in 2 or three years will be off the hook! And Cavs fans congratulations, if there was once city that needed this story book ending it was you guys, hope the economy in the downtown core gets revitalized now that the King is back.

yaswaggin
07-11-2014, 10:04 PM
cavs without kevin love are mediocre at best

lebron and kyrie can't beat spurs/okc/houston/clippers and bulls if they get melo

hell i think the pacers with a rejuvinated hibbert would down that cavs team in 5 games

dnl123
07-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Lebron's gotta win now dude. He's going to be 30 years old and has played 11 years in the NBA. Clevelands true fans should really hope you can score Kevin Love with Wiggins. I unlike many in this forum have seen many many games Kevin Love has played and he is one of the best offensive players in the league and one of the best rebounders in the league. He's a 25 year old superstar that is a guarantee to immediately make you better. All this talk of not including Wiggins is coming from ignorant people who have either never seen Love play or are just wishing that the Timberwolves would bend over and get screwed for nothing. If I'm Lebron, Kyrie , Cleveland, Minnesota, Kevin Love I want this trade to happen asap. Wiggins.....probably not haha, but he can suck it up and come to the great white north and earn his way like any other star has had to.

MagicBucsSox
07-11-2014, 10:07 PM
This is what the W's get for being sooooo stupid. Over Klay Thompson ?

ChickenSouvlaki
07-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Cavs should not trade Wiggins for Love. Love would be awesome for the Cavs, but Lebron mentoring Wiggins could be something very special.

Anyone else other than Kyrie/Wiggins/Lebron should be on the table, but then it wont be anough for the Wolves to let him go.

kgformvp21
07-11-2014, 10:36 PM
I think it is so stupid people expect us to give away love for nothing. I feel cavs fans are starting to get greedy. Wanting to eat there cake and have it too..you have to give us something back for love and wiggins makes the most sense for both teams. You guys have been blessed to get so many number one draft picks and now you got lebron. Your most likely going to have to wiggins in order to get love. Otherwise you can try to get him next year along with all the other teams that will try to pursue him. Love is good, I'll give him that but he is a whining punk and I would love to see him waste one year here and complain then give him up for a bunch of scrubs. If teams want him, I want to make sure we get his worth..if not then let him wait till next year and be a free agent. If that means we get nothing so be it, I rather that then go through another god awful scenario where we don't get enough for our star players. Happens to much here in Minny!

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Cavs should not trade Wiggins for Love. Love would be awesome for the Cavs, but Lebron mentoring Wiggins could be something very special.

Anyone else other than Kyrie/Wiggins/Lebron should be on the table, but then it wont be anough for the Wolves to let him go.

Lol, and the two to three seasons LeBron mentors Wiggins is wasting his prime, which has probably 4-5 years left.

Wiggins was thought by many to come into college and completely dominate, and he didn't. I think it takes him 2-3 seasons to acclimate to the NBA tbh

MTar786
07-11-2014, 10:40 PM
if I'm cleveland i trade wiggins for love even though its giving too much. tell wolves to add martin no problem. then they can take bennet and varajeo and whoever else for a great defensive and rebounding center.. like a deandre jordan type of player. and decide between having k mart or waiters coming off the bench as your spark plug guy. if you sign ray allen and mike miller.. then add waiters to the trading block.

cleveland can very possibly win it all next season. they're just slight defense away.. which could be gained via trade anyway.. and they do have to assets to make it happen. I should have posted that bet two nights ago lol

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Cavs may have to wait and hope to get Love in FA.

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 10:45 PM

How can they clear another max contract for K Love off their books? Can they?

Nikeman
07-11-2014, 10:48 PM
if I'm cleveland i trade wiggins for love even though its giving too much. tell wolves to add martin no problem. then they can take bennet and varajeo and whoever else for a great defensive and rebounding center.. like a deandre jordan type of player. and decide between having k mart or waiters coming off the bench as your spark plug guy. if you sign ray allen and mike miller.. then add waiters to the trading block.

cleveland can very possibly win it all next season. they're just slight defense away.. which could be gained via trade anyway.. and they do have to assets to make it happen. I should have posted that bet two nights ago lol

This to a tee.

I get Cleveland fans are attached to Wiggins, but you don't wait 2-3 years for him to develop and waste the remaining year's of LeBrons prime who turns 30. Get the proven commodity in Love, who is 25, and a PROVEN 25/12 guy. Even at his peak, I doubt Wiggins can become as good as Kevin Love is now.

Get Kevin Love, add some depth, and they may very well win next season.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Good question, Nikeman well maybe they are just going to have to hang their hopes on Wiggins.

likemystylez
07-11-2014, 11:10 PM

twolves will take the warriors offer before letting love walk... and if love goes to golden state- he will re sign. hes already named the warriors as a team hed like to go to

PurpleJesus
07-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Im not buying the whole "Lebron wants to mentor the youth" pitch Cleveland is trying to sell. When you get Lebron James, the priority is not long term future, it is winning the championship the year you get him. How many years does Lebron have left as the best player in the league? 4ish?

JustinTime
07-11-2014, 11:36 PM

Amir's knees are almost done, I don't see how anyone could pass that gamble up. I know it's only summer league but Bennett looks like a beast right now and had a nice game tonight too with the exception of the fouls.

Xplicit
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
If i were cleveland il just give T.T. and Andy plus picks.. nothing more. Wiggins will be the replacement for james in the future

PurpleJesus
07-12-2014, 12:18 AM
If i were cleveland il just give T.T. and Andy plus picks.. nothing more. Wiggins will be the replacement for james in the future

Is the goal to win a championship with Lebron on the team, or mentor Wiggins? If the goal is to win a championship, then you trade Wiggins for Love, because it increases your chances.

Xplicit
07-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Is the goal to win a championship with Lebron on the team, or mentor Wiggins? If the goal is to win a championship, then you trade Wiggins for Love, because it increases your chances.

They can still win a championship with their current roster, just add some vets and role players. Also they can sign love next season so no worries on them

5ass
07-12-2014, 12:56 AM
i don't see no way the wolves get Wiggins. They dont hold that much leverage here. The Cavs aren't desperate at all. They can still land another solid player(s) with Waiters, Thomspon, picks and be very dangerous contenders this season. Love will end up on the Warriors (Lee,Barnes, Thompson, maybe picks) or the Suns (Bledsoe, Lakers' pick, more picks) IMO. Cavs arent going to ruin the potential of having someone take over for lebron for the next decade after he leaves. With bron mentoring Wiggins, they've just secured their future for a long, long time.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 01:49 AM
They can still win a championship with their current roster, just add some vets and role players. Also they can sign love next season so no worries on them

Lol posts like this are so ignorant. How are the Cavs gonna clear max cap space to sign Love? Please tell me.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 01:49 AM
i don't see no way the wolves get Wiggins. They dont hold that much leverage here. The Cavs aren't desperate at all. They can still land another solid player(s) with Waiters, Thomspon, picks and be very dangerous contenders this season. Love will end up on the Warriors (Lee,Barnes, Thompson, maybe picks) or the Suns (Bledsoe, Lakers' pick, more picks) IMO. Cavs arent going to ruin the potential of having someone take over for lebron for the next decade after he leaves. With bron mentoring Wiggins, they've just secured their future for a long, long time.

Lol, then while Wiggins develops the Cavs can throw away LeBron's remaining prime years down the drain

5ass
07-12-2014, 02:19 AM
Lol, then while Wiggins develops the Cavs can throw away LeBron's remaining prime years down the drain

You're exaggerating. Wiggins for now just needs to play D and hit the 3, if he shows more he'll do more, if not he won't. Thompson and 2 1sts next year can land you a hell of a bigman, Waiters can be a good 6th man off the bench.
Irving/E'Tuane Moore
Waiters/Allen
Wiggins/Miller/Jones/Bennet
Bron/Thompson/Bennet
Varajoa/Udoh/Glen Davis
that team could be a contender in the east. They could trade Thompson or Bennet and picks and land a very good player too. Lebron's going to make Kyrie look so much better. Wiggins, Thompson and bennet can all learn from LeBron. If I was the GM I would just stay put. Thompson can play well with LeBron and bennet's value is too low. Just some cheap players like the ones I mentioned above.

thechom80
07-12-2014, 02:26 AM
I seriously think people are confused at who Kevin Love is.

ZamboniCub
07-12-2014, 02:48 AM
anyone who thinks wiggins is not on the table for love should give me some of their drugs...

Vinny642
07-12-2014, 02:58 AM
Wiggins will be a T'Wolf if Love is on his way to the Cavs... it is the only way.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:44 AM
seeing as Wade resembles Lt Dan at this point of his career, of course an Irving/Love duo is better for LeBron.

LOL!! Dude, that is not very nice to say but insanely funny! :laugh::no:

Method28
07-12-2014, 05:04 AM
I just don't see any reason for the Cavs to cave and give up Wiggins. Minny can demand whatever they want. While Love might be a great piece there are others that would be willing to take less to join LeBron IMO.

Cavs only have LeBron, kyrie, Thompson, Waiters, Bennett and Wiggins under contract next year. Andy's 9 mill come off. They could also easily move waiters, Bennett and Thompson and clear an additional 18 mill approx.

They can make it work. I personally don't care what happens to Love but I just don't see much leverage for the Wolves. They should just take those young assets and a couple of firsts.

JustinTime
07-12-2014, 12:09 PM

T-wolves would never do that and Wiggins won't be Lebron's replacement since everyone knows he'll be going back to Toronto the second he can.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-12-2014, 12:20 PM
All Love has to do is say that he'll only sign an extension with Cleveland, and Minnesota loses what little leverage it has.

I'm not sure what teams he's open to going to, but Minnesota has next to no leverage here.

lilchuckdoubles
07-12-2014, 12:32 PM
would cle be able to sign him next year if we keep him and let him walk? cuz if they can't we'd only loose a little leverage if that were the case.

amak316
07-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Kevin Love is one year from free agency, if I was Cleveland I'd stick it out this year, likely make a very nice run and try to get him next year for free.
The city has been in the lottery for so long surely they can stomach one ECF/Finals run during LeBron's prime and concentrate on being the overwhelming favorite next year all the while retaining a player with unlimited potential.

I would make sure that LBJ is in Loves ear about not committing to anyone that trades for him for the long term without at least hearing the Cavs pitch next summer.

joeyc77
07-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Cleveland has all the leverage here. They don't have to trade Wiggins for Love. They could just free up space next offseason and sign him or wait until the deadline when Minny will take anything.

Also, the Cavs don't have to trade for Love to satisfy Lebron. He's already signed and apparently happy with the team.

There's is literally no reason the Cavs should trade one of the best prospects in years for what could be a one year rental.

lilchuckdoubles
07-12-2014, 12:50 PM
how could cle afford to sign love next season if he becomes a free agent?

Zefflin
07-12-2014, 12:52 PM
If Love went to the cavs lebron would be viewed as an even bigger joke. Just so you lebron fans realize that. Have a nice day.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Cleveland has all the leverage here. They don't have to trade Wiggins for Love. They could just free up space next offseason and sign him or wait until the deadline when Minny will take anything.

Also, the Cavs don't have to trade for Love to satisfy Lebron. He's already signed and apparently happy with the team.

There's is literally no reason the Cavs should trade one of the best prospects in years for what could be a one year rental.

well no- cuz minny has other offers on the table and clv isnt the only team love will re sign with. Infact- Love named the warriors and bulls publically and there is no direct quote that love wants to play for cavs. (just people who have talked to people close to love saying he is intrigued)- LOL of course hes intrigued by the cavs- the whole world was yesterday

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM
All Love has to do is say that he'll only sign an extension with Cleveland, and Minnesota loses what little leverage it has.

I'm not sure what teams he's open to going to, but Minnesota has next to no leverage here.

they have a deal on the table from the warriors that is hands down better than the cavs deal without wiggins and its right on par with the cavs deal with wiggins.

Warriors are offering 2 guys who started on a western conference playoff team. the cavs are offering two guys who started on an eastern conference non playoff team. (Basically equivalent to warriors d league players)

Dr Positivity
07-12-2014, 02:05 PM

My question with that is are we sure Love even wants to go to Cleveland more than Golden State if those are the options? Love is from Cali and there's a "living in Cleveland" factor to FAs compared to a place like San Fran, even with playing beside Lebron. And the Warriors after getting Love while keeping Klay are every bit the contender the Cavs are with Lebron.

It's also possible Love wants so little part of playing next season in Minnesota, that he'll jump at either Golden State and Cleveland like a virgin when any decent looking girl comes on to him. Golden State is such an amazing situation for Love in every way that to me it's hard to imagine him saying no to committing to them if he has the chance.

From Golden State's end I also think they'll be willing to pay up for Love without a contract commitment. If all they have to give for example is David Lee, Harrison Barnes and draft picks, how do the Warriors not take the deal? Worst case scenario if he leaves, is you get a year of Kevin Love and the most talented Warriors team of all time and Lee's contract is off the books. Easy decision (but then again after the Warriors said no to Klay for Love, one should question anything sanity wise for them)

I'm absolutely convinced the Timberwolves are not taking Bennett, Waiters and Thompson centered package for Love this offseason. They barely entertained Boston's draft pick package because they didn't want to go young and tank-y. Clearly getting Wiggins would be an exception, but without him, I just can't see it. If Wiggins is truly off the table I think the Warriors go for a deal looking like Lee/Barnes or Taj Gibson/Jimmy Butler/Nikola Mirotic. The Timberwolves IMO want to be Denver where they trade Melo for Gallo and etc., kept making the playoffs and won a franchise record a few years later.

tredigs
07-12-2014, 02:20 PM
My question with that is are we sure Love even wants to go to Cleveland more than Golden State if those are the options? Love is from Cali and there's a "living in Cleveland" factor to FAs compared to a place like San Fran, even with playing beside Lebron. And the Warriors after getting Love while keeping Klay are every bit the contender the Cavs are with Lebron.

It's also possible Love wants so little part of playing next season in Minnesota, that he'll jump at either Golden State and Cleveland like a virgin when any decent looking girl comes on to him. Golden State is such an amazing situation for Love in every way that to me it's hard to imagine him saying no to committing to them if he has the chance.

From Golden State's end I also think they'll be willing to pay up for Love without a contract commitment. If all they have to give for example is David Lee, Harrison Barnes and draft picks, how do the Warriors not take the deal? Worst case scenario if he leaves, is you get a year of Kevin Love and the most talented Warriors team of all time and Lee's contract is off the books. Easy decision (but then again after the Warriors said no to Klay for Love, one should question anything sanity wise for them)

I'm sure you realize that the rumor was much more than "Klay for Love", but yes essentially he was the piece that at least part of the organization did not want to part with (which to me is absolutely ridiculous if it meant landing Love. But will prove absolutely genius if they end up getting them for Barnes/Lee+).

It's obviously telling that Lebron has knowledge that Wiggins is a potential trade here, but if that is the case why did he downplay the potential of his team? "We're not ready next year, no way. I want to win, but I'm realistic". For what was a great letter nearly through and through, that struck me as so defeatist and frankly pathetic. YOU STAYED IN THE EAST, BRON. THE ****** EAST. Even without Love, he should know that when this cast is done being formed this summer it will very likely be the favorite to be in the NBA Finals. And to already say you are "realistic" about that being a losing proposition? That's just comes off flat out weak. After all he's learned, he's scared to fail and taking measures to lessen the potential blow. I get it - it's the anti, "not 6, not 7" - but I truly cringed at that weakness. You're the best in the world and play for a very promising young team in the East that you need to lead as champions. Why not set that bar from day 1?

waveycrockett
07-12-2014, 02:21 PM

MInnesota's Leverage is that I'm sure there are 4 or 5 other teams or cities that Love is willing to sign an extension for so If CLE wants to lowball they will move him to someplace else like Magic did to Nets with Dwight

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 02:38 PM
This guy said it best right here,

Tas Melas @TasMelas 2 minutes ago
Re: Wiggins for Love trade rumor ó LBJ can wait years for Wiggins to grow, but Love means MORE shots at title, and it's during Bron's prime.

Waitors is an ESTABLISHED scorer in this league. Two seasons of 15 ppg is nothing to scoff at. Wiggins, who is supposedly the next BIG thing, couldn't even dominate college basketball. Sure he did well, but he looked lost at times. In the NBA for his first couple years, he's going to get overpowered. He's not LeBron who will come in and average 20 a game.

I would argue Wiggins at his peak will not be as good as Kevin Love is now, a 25/12 player.

Trade Wiggins for Love, keep Waitors. You got the best player in the world in LeBron, the BEST fit at PF next to LeBron a top 5-7 player in the NBA in Love, a top 5-7 PG in Irving,a and a 15 ppg game in Waitors, who's efficiency with LeBron only increases.

You don't waste the remaining years of LeBron's prime for Andrew Wiggins to adapt to the NBA and grow which will take 2-3 years.

mbsalame123
07-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Minnesota still has all the leverage. The season is 3 months away from starting so they can take their time and as free agents keep signing and teams miss out on the players they wanted then some new teams will come up to try and snatch love away and there might be better possible packages for kevin love. The wolves are gonna play it off and aren't in any hurry to make a deal however at the end of the day I see the wolves and cavs agreeing to a deal and the cavs will be forced to include Andrew Wiggins in the deal.

I see it being Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a couple draft picks for Kevin Love and JJ Barea.

The wolves might want waiters as well and if they want kevin martin to go back in a deal then I would expect Waiters to be included in any deal and martin would be a decent replacement for him as he would just be a catch and shooter with mike miller and ray allen coming off the bench to help out at the wing.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA 1 minute ago
Yesterday Andrew Wiggins joked that he knew NBA was a business - lost a teammate at halftime - Scott Hopson traded in the middle of the game

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 02:44 PM
LeBron's letter said it all to be to be honest.

"I see myself as a mentor now and Iím excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I canít wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates."

It was reported during his Cavs meetings, they used bringing in Kevin Love as one of the main selling points. I just think LeBron knows Wiggins/Bennett are gone, and that is why he didn't mention them in this article. Come on man, Wiggins is the youngest of all these players and has the "highest potential", you don't wanna mentor him?

mbsalame123
07-12-2014, 02:44 PM
This guy said it best right here,

Tas Melas @TasMelas 2 minutes ago
Re: Wiggins for Love trade rumor ó LBJ can wait years for Wiggins to grow, but Love means MORE shots at title, and it's during Bron's prime.

Waitors is an ESTABLISHED scorer in this league. Two seasons of 15 ppg is nothing to scoff at. Wiggins, who is supposedly the next BIG thing, couldn't even dominate college basketball. Sure he did well, but he looked lost at times. In the NBA for his first couple years, he's going to get overpowered. He's not LeBron who will come in and average 20 a game.

I would argue Wiggins at his peak will not be as good as Kevin Love is now, a 25/12 player.

Trade Wiggins for Love, keep Waitors. You got the best player in the world in LeBron, the BEST fit at PF next to LeBron a top 5-7 player in the NBA in Love, a top 5-7 PG in Irving,a and a 15 ppg game in Waitors, who's efficiency with LeBron only increases.

You don't waste the remaining years of LeBron's prime for Andrew Wiggins to adapt to the NBA and grow which will take 2-3 years.

I totally agree and I think trading wiggins and bennett along with a couple draft picks might work and the cavs can take back jj barea in a deal to help minnesota as well.

Just imagine a lineup of:

Anderson Varejao
Kevin Love
Lebron James
Dion Waiters
Kyrie Irving
Tristan Thompson
Ray Allen
Mike Miller
Chris Anderson
JJ Barrea
Carrick Felix
Brendan Haywood
Joe Harris
Dwight Powell

If the cavs then want to package waiters and thompson for someone then they can as well and their bench would be great as well

Dr Positivity
07-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Wiggins for Love is a no brainer for me as well

Even forgetting how perfectly Love's age lines up (old enough to win immediately, young enough to be a star the rest of Lebron's career)... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Consider how these statements relate to each other:

Kevin Love's ceiling was called a non-star's coming out of college, because despite his skill, strength, IQ and motor he wasn't considered athletic enough

Andrew Wiggins is getting called a surefire star coming out of college, because despite concerns in his skill, strength, IQ and motor, he's so athletic that he has to be a star

;)

mbsalame123
07-12-2014, 02:51 PM
LeBron's letter said it all to be to be honest.

"I see myself as a mentor now and Iím excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I canít wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates."

It was reported during his Cavs meetings, they used bringing in Kevin Love as one of the main selling points. I just think LeBron knows Wiggins/Bennett are gone, and that is why he didn't mention them in this article. Come on man, Wiggins is the youngest of all these players and has the "highest potential", you don't wanna mentor him?

You're right about the letter, lebron couldn't have forgotten wiggins and bennett on accident, after all they were both the #1 picks in the past 2 years so I'm pretty sure everyone in the NBA knows who these people are considering all the hype they've gotten. Kevin Love was talked about with Rich Paul and Lebron James and I feel like they have a deal in place however they are waiting to get everything settled with their roster with miller, allen, possibly birdman and making the lebron james signing official.

The latest rumor had the cavs offering bennett and waiters along with a couple draft picks for Love so now the offer will change to Wiggins and Bennett instead of Waiters and the wolves will accept it. If the Cavaliers have to include Waiters in any deal then I think that is okay because they can get Kevin Martin in return who is a nice fit with lebron as well. If not then Waiters starting at shooting guard will be great as well.

I remember reading somewhere last month that Dion Waiters didn't expect himself to be with the Cavaliers next year and is expected to get traded so he might get dealt in the kevin love trade with wiggins and bennett or might be traded in a separate deal.

We'll have to wait and see but I feel like Love in Cleveland will happen!

Kenny Powders
07-12-2014, 03:01 PM
If Wiggins is traded to Minnesota, the countdown to him signing as a FA in Toronto is on

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 03:05 PM
The other thing is, Mike Miller is 34, and Ray Allen is 38. If Cleveland is trying to sign those players, wouldn't they try to win now? You don't sign 35 year old vets with a small window left, to keep a young team that won't win the title.

From the potential Cavs signings, to LeBron's letter, and to what the media said the Cavs pitched to LeBron in their meetings (Bringing in Love), I think Wiggins is gone. The Cavs are just waiting to fill out their roster and officially sign LeBron, see what depth they can get, before trading for Love.

Crackadalic
07-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Cavs need to hurry up and get Love already.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Lol it will be weeks before the trade probably happens

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 03:32 PM

If I were the twolves, id demand either irving or lebron be included in the package. Play hardball with the cavs

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM
I totally agree and I think trading wiggins and bennett along with a couple draft picks might work and the cavs can take back jj barea in a deal to help minnesota as well.

Just imagine a lineup of:

Anderson Varejao
Kevin Love
Lebron James
Dion Waiters
Kyrie Irving
Tristan Thompson
Ray Allen
Mike Miller
Chris Anderson
JJ Barrea
Carrick Felix
Brendan Haywood
Joe Harris
Dwight Powell

If the cavs then want to package waiters and thompson for someone then they can as well and their bench would be great as well

That is a damn good starting 5,

Kyrie
Waitors
LBJ
Love
Anderson

Along with a damn good bench:

Tristan
Ray
Mike
Chris Anderson
JJ Barea

They have a 10 deep roster if they can get all those people although I doubt that. Basically though I believe Love puts them in NBA title contention for next season.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 03:59 PM
That is a damn good starting 5,

Kyrie
Waitors
LBJ
Love
Anderson

Along with a damn good bench:

Tristan
Ray
Mike
Chris Anderson
JJ Barea

They have a 10 deep roster if they can get all those people although I doubt that. Basically though I believe Love puts them in NBA title contention for next season.

LOL 3 of those starters were there and they couldnt get into the playoffs in the east!!!! there are jr high girls teams that could makle the playoffs in the east

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Love should go to the warriors- I think his game fits better with steph curry than with the cavs. also hes a west coast guy

Dade County
07-12-2014, 04:09 PM
If I were the twolves, id demand either irving or lebron be included in the package. Play hardball with the cavs

Naw they can't do that...

Wiggins, Waiters, a 1st & a 2nd ... & take back a contract.

Jets012
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
It's crazy how people are saying the Wolves have no leverage when in reality the Cavs might be more desperate. Unless Wiggins becomes an All NBA type player in his rookie year, the Cavs have major problems. They're not a top 5 team right now as constructed. Kyrie is just a huge liability on the defensive end.

And the people saying the Cavs should try to get Dieng are crazy. No way I'm moving a young center with huge defensive potential like that with Love. Minny in all honesty, would be better off trading Pek for a legit wing/point guard then trading Love and Dieng.

YashBoone
07-12-2014, 04:14 PM
I don't fully grasp why teams like to help out other teams. Wolves are one of those teams who always suck so they end up with young talented pieces from draft who they eventually trade to another team to make them better.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 04:16 PM
It's crazy how people are saying the Wolves have no leverage when in reality the Cavs might be more desperate. Unless Wiggins becomes an All NBA type player in his rookie year, the Cavs have major problems. They're not a top 5 team right now as constructed. Kyrie is just a huge liability on the defensive end.

And the people saying the Cavs should try to get Dieng are crazy. No way I'm moving a young center with huge defensive potential like that with Love. Minny in all honesty, would be better off trading Pek for a legit wing/point guard then trading Love and Dieng.

Not sure why the cavs fans think its a disaster if they arent a top 5 team. They are coming off a year where they didnt make the playoffs int he east (Meaning they likely werent a top 20 team. If they can get to a top 10 or 12 team, thats nice improvment in itself

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 04:20 PM

And you'd be sitting with a pissed off Love all this season for you not giving him a realistic shot at a trade who probably would pull a quad and miss half the year, and get nothing at all for him next year with that move.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Naw they can't do that...

Wiggins, Waiters, a 1st & a 2nd ... & take back a contract.

I think t wolves might as well go with proven players like david lee and whatever warriors offer. Twolves dont develop young talent that well. IE johnny flynn, derick williams, wes johnson etc.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 04:27 PM
And you'd be sitting with a pissed off Love all this season for you not giving him a realistic shot at a trade who probably would pull a quad and miss half the year, and get nothing at all for him next year with that move.

your right, but twolves dont care if hes pissed off in cleveland- they are concerned about getting as much as possible for him.

Honestly I think they should do the warriors trade, they still kinda owe the dubs for the googliata trade anyway

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 04:42 PM
I think t wolves might as well go with proven players like david lee and whatever warriors offer. Twolves dont develop young talent that well. IE johnny flynn, derick williams, wes johnson etc.

But have any of those guys gone elsewhere and developed once getting out of minny? Love came along pretty well. Garnett..

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Honestly I think they should do the warriors trade, they still kinda owe the dubs for the googliata trade anyway

One benefit to the Cleveland trade would be trading Love out of your conference. Even if he completely dominates your team from then on, you are seeing him twice a year, just once in front of your fans.

So if all pieces were equal, I'd definitely send him further away.

likemystylez
07-12-2014, 04:45 PM
no but the point is young players with potential- frequently dont work out for the twolves. obviously there are 2 exveptions in 20 yrs but LOL

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Not even Minnesota is stupid enough to trade their franchise player for Waiters and Bennett. It's Wiggins or no deal. Forget future picks, ask for Wiggins and Waiters for Love . Two unproven commodities for one huge proven one.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Jay King @ByJayKing about 16 minutes ago
LeBron's opt-out after one year could go either way for Love pursuit. Might be more important for CLE to target Love now, win immediately.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2014, 06:54 PM
I wonder how Lebron taking a short term deal affects Love's willingness to commit to CLE. It's quite clear that the only thing that makes CLE attractive to him is Lebron. He wasn't willing to re-up there when it was just him and Irving which is what it would be if Lebron left. Love would have to be very, very convinced that Lebron is just taking the short term deal so he can get the higher max salary once the new TV revenue kicks in in order to commit to CLE beyond 2 years. I don't think Lebron can be trusted in that regard. So if I were Love I wouldn't commit to CLE beyond the next 2 seasons. And if you're CLE, do you want to risk losing Wiggins for 2 years of Love? This complicates things a lot IMO.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ 1 minute ago
#Cavs David Blatt on Wiggins trade rumors: "Thereís no reason for worry on his part because Andrewís not going anywhere, as far as I know."

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 07:03 PM
I wonder how Lebron taking a short term deal affects Love's willingness to commit to CLE. It's quite clear that the only thing that makes CLE attractive to him is Lebron. He wasn't willing to re-up there when it was just him and Irving which is what it would be if Lebron left. Love would have to be very, very convinced that Lebron is just taking the short term deal so he can get the higher max salary once the new TV revenue kicks in in order to commit to CLE beyond 2 years. I don't think Lebron can be trusted in that regard. So if I were Love I wouldn't commit to CLE beyond the next 2 seasons. And if you're CLE, do you want to risk losing Wiggins for 2 years of Love? This complicates things a lot IMO.

Overthinking it man. I am sure Love speaks to LeBron before signing long term in Cleveland. LeBron isn't going anywhere.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Overthinking it man. I am sure Love speaks to LeBron before signing long term in Cleveland. LeBron isn't going anywhere.

The 2 years make a ton of sense with the max contract expected to rise. That's just a smart business move. The opt out after one year makes no sense to me though if he's really committed to CLE. I don't see what there is to gain in adding that unless he wants to keep open the possibility to leave. If Lebron is structuring his deal in a way that allows him to leave I wouldn't commit if I'm Love. I don't want to end up playing my prime in a place I don't want to be. Lebron has proven that he's more than willing to leave his team if he thinks he has a better opportunity to go elsewhere so personally I would never make a decision that I only want to make if he stays. Like I said, I just don't think you can trust him in that regard.

Trwood12
07-12-2014, 07:42 PM
The way I see it love is a young player who can't play defense and is already a star. Wiggins is a young player who has more potential than love but is not yet a star. And he can play D. The safe bet for Cleveland is to go for Love. Or they can risk something happening with the chance of a better team in the long run. That is the decision they have to make.

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN about 5 minutes ago
Cavs and Mike Miller are making progress on a contract, sources told ESPN

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI about 42 minutes ago
One exec on Cavs chance at K-Love w/out including Andrew Wiggins. "No way. If I'm Minnesota, I want Wiggins, Dion Waiters and two No. 1's."

Nikeman
07-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft 4 minutes ago
Cavs reported 3-team proposal would be a coup. Get Love and keep Wiggins and Waiters. #wow

DAMN

PurpleJesus
07-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft 4 minutes ago
Cavs reported 3-team proposal would be a coup. Get Love and keep Wiggins and Waiters. #wow

DAMN

talks must be heavy. Flip Saunders is sitting court side for the Wolves summer league game.