PDA

View Full Version : A unique opprotunity for Wade and Bosh

JasonJohnHorn
07-11-2014, 01:41 PM
When LBJ, Bosh and Wade joined, Bosh and Wade took on smaller roles and let James be the alpha dog. But both players have proven themselves to be elite players in the past. their numbers took a hit, but they're level of play seemed to still be at a very high level.

With James gone, it seems like an great opportunity for Wade and Bosh to stay together and prove that they can lead the team like the had done before teaming with Bosh. Kind of like how Mark Messier proved he could win without Wayne Greatzky.

Do you guys think LBJ's departure actually gives Wade and Bosh an opportunity to prove how good they are? Or do you think they should go their separate ways and find their own winning situation?

With Miami's cap space, I think the could still bring in a great player, at point perhaps or even center, and with Beasley, Lewis and Battier (if they all stick around) they'd still have an AMAZING SF rotation.

Thoughts?

NYJ - NYY
07-11-2014, 01:42 PM
When LBJ, Bosh and James, Bosh and Wade took on smaller roles and let James be the alpha dog. But both players have proven themselves to be elite players in the past. their numbers took a hit, but they're level of play seemed to still be at a very high level.

With James gone, it seems like an great opportunity for Wade and Bosh to stay together and prove that they can lead the team like the had done before teaming with Bosh. Kind of like how Mark Messier proved he could win without Wayne Greatzky.

Do you guys think LBJ's departure actually gives Wade and Bosh an opportunity to prove how good they are? Or do you think they should go their separate ways and find their own winning situation?

With Miami's cap space, I think the could still bring in a great player, at point perhaps or even center, and with Beasley, Lewis and Battier (if they all stick around) they'd still have an AMAZING SF rotation.

Thoughts?

That first sentence thoooooo

goingfor28
07-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Lmao

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Lol. Wade+Bosh to prove how good they are. With Bron, they lost to Spurs. What makes you think without Bron, they can do anything specifically important?

JasonJohnHorn
07-11-2014, 01:44 PM

Corrected! Thanks bro!

P&GRealist
07-11-2014, 01:45 PM
When LBJ, Bosh and Wade joined, Bosh and Wade took on smaller roles and let James be the alpha dog. But both players have proven themselves to be elite players in the past. their numbers took a hit, but they're level of play seemed to still be at a very high level.

Thoughts?

Way too soon. The guy just made his decision. Let things simmer down a bit.

Do you always have to over analyze everything ?

J4KOP99
07-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Melo should go to Miami

force_within
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
they have Granger and McRoberts now..no problem...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JordansBulls
07-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Thoughts?
Wade already proved he could win a title as the man, in fact did so for a franchise that had never won prior to him arriving.

mjt20mik
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Bosh is as good as gone. It sucks for Wade.

LAKobeBryant
07-11-2014, 01:52 PM
harden bosh d12 is 10x better than wade bosh melo (best scenario still a FA)

JasonJohnHorn
07-11-2014, 01:57 PM

?

I'm always curious about guys who come onto forums and tell other people that they shouldn't use sports forums to talk about sports scenarios? Why is it you are here then?

And how is this analysis?

Chronz
07-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I think we'll see how limited those 2 truly are if they stick around.

You've got to be joking. 1 Lewis is a PF and 2 he sucks. So does Battier and Beasley, to call that amazing is a complete lapse in judgement.

Thoughts?
Yes, what were you thinking?

Chronz
07-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Wade already proved he could win a title as the man, in fact did so for a franchise that had never won prior to him arriving.

but it was only after they added a proven winner in shaq. so wade still has to prove to win as da only man

sep11ie
07-11-2014, 03:46 PM
they have Granger and McRoberts now..no problem...:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Not discounted!

Bruno
07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
does Pat get on the phone and try to get Melo to take LeBrons place?

Dade County
07-11-2014, 04:14 PM

Yes...

But of course he will look at the free agents that are around and see if he should target next year free agency players in stead.

Lets see if the (reports are true about bosh trying to go to Houston), I don't believe them, but you never know.

abe_froman
07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
without lebron or bosh(assuming he does go to rockets),i dont see why melo would go

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
I think we'll see how limited those 2 truly are if they stick around.

You've got to be joking. 1 Lewis is a PF and 2 he sucks. So does Battier and Beasley, to call that amazing is a complete lapse in judgement.

Yes, what were you thinking?

:laugh:

lukass
07-11-2014, 04:44 PM
A unique opportunity? Yes. One that would fail miserably though.

They all need to go their separate ways. Ways that put them in legit winning situations. Wade in ChiTown, Bosh in H Town

beasted86
07-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Lol. Wade+Bosh to prove how good they are. With Bron, they lost to Spurs. What makes you think without Bron, they can do anything specifically important?

So if you're not leading a team to win the championship, you're not doing anything important....

#PSDlogic

bucketss
07-11-2014, 05:01 PM
bosh can prove himself, but wades knees are shot- do you think he will regain his explosiveness just because lebron left?

beasted86
07-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Yes...

But of course he will look at the free agents that are around and see if he should target next year free agency players in stead.

Lets see if the (reports are true about bosh trying to go to Houston), I don't believe them, but you never know.

I'd put chances we keep Bosh at 25%

valade16
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
but it was only after they added a proven winner in shaq. so wade still has to prove to win as da only man

I think his performance in that Finals series cemented his status as winning as Da Man. Unless you think Shaq's what 11 PPG that series was the difference.

beasted86
07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
bosh can prove himself, but wades knees are shot- do you think he will regain his explosiveness just because lebron left?
What does it matter if he plays good or bad at that point?

"Oh snap Wade is still good and has a few more quality years left". Is anyone supposed to be happy of fans are saying that? He'd be retiring in Miami and we wouldn't be trading him unless he asked to be traded. Him being any good only matters when he's available for your team to sign or trade for or help a team win a championship.

beasted86
07-11-2014, 05:11 PM
I think his performance in that Finals series cemented his status as winning as Da Man. Unless you think Shaq's what 11 PPG that series was the difference.
13ppg which was behind Antoine Walker also, but I've heard plenty of times Shaq was the difference maker and the "only"reason Wade could do what he did.

mjt20mik
07-11-2014, 05:14 PM

I laughed at that too. Wade single handedly won that series in 06.

JLynn943
07-11-2014, 05:18 PM
They could get Bledsoe I guess

godolphins
07-11-2014, 05:23 PM
If Wade/Bosh stays then we'll probably finish with the 4th or 5th seed. Best case scenario: 2nd round exit

godolphins
07-11-2014, 05:26 PM
They could get Bledsoe I guess

I doubt Pat Riley would want to deal with his agent: Rich Paul(LeBron's agent) :laugh2:

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I laughed at that too. Wade single handedly won that series in 06.

I don't think it was quite so "single handedly".

I'm not a Heat fan or hater, nor am I a Maverick fan or hater, but I have to admit, the refs did kind of give it to Miami. I'm not saying Wade sucked and the refs did all the work, but if you watch that series again, it was impossible to defend Wade, not because he was so good, but because the refs would call phantom foul after phantom foul.

I respect Wades game and this is not an attack on him that the refs did this.

beasted86
07-11-2014, 06:24 PM
I doubt Pat Riley would want to deal with his agent: Rich Paul(LeBron's agent) :laugh2:

Bledsoe is way too risky an investment anyway. I simply don't think he's worth the max.

Only restricted agent I'd go after is Monroe.

Chronz
07-11-2014, 06:50 PM

This is between me and JB. Wade was obviously his teams best player. He just wasn't "Da Man" .

JEDean89
07-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Wade will need to really work on a jumper and they need a PG to pair with Bosh. That's the way to make this work in Miami. They can still be one of the best teams in the league.

3ballbomber
07-11-2014, 07:54 PM
different dynamics and totally different situation once Lebron's ball dominance is gone. It is a a great opportunity for both Wade & Bosh to do what they naturally did before the big 3. Wade especially has proven himself - but again, he has always been doubted! he thrives on the nay sayers, so keep at it!

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 10:02 PM

Hey P&GR,
Aw shucks; let the guy have fun - I, for one, have been asking myself this exact question since the moment it became clear that LeBron might leave and the other two might stay.

Besides, you, my main man, of all people, make all kinds of threads which could definitely be construed (by an unfriendly person) as "over-analyzing everything". (I tend to like your threads; as you know. I just don't get why you object to this one - unless this is a wider "issue" between you and the OP?

Pablonovi
07-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I always root for a "former" great player to return to form; so I'm hoping DWade "comes all the way back". But I don't think he can - principally based on just this past regular season (where he rested extensively) VS the Play-Offs (where all those additional precautions didn't seem to lead to improved play; but instead, the deeper in they got, the more "handicapped" (if that is the right word) he seemed to get).

I really like Bosh too; but don't think he can be a #1 player on a successful team (a great "glue" guy; just not the #1 leader - too laid back - which I like in non-leading players). Could Bosh flourish now in Miami. I'd love it; but don't think so. Given DWade does NOT "return to form"; other teams are going to focus even more defensive attention/pressure on Bosh - I don't think he'll shine under that much pressure.

If they were to add Anthony? That for me would be Miami's worst move - What good could that possibly do for DWade, Bosh & the team generally when defense is gonna be a real challenge? Bosh does NOT want to bang; DWade's defense has slipped more than his offense and Melo doesn't play anything close to elite D.

Miami's got serious holes to plug. Probably the best for both these two excellent players and for the team is to "bust it up": letting the two guys find easier roles to play on teams with more potential and letting the Heat go into full rebuild mold RIGHT AWAY.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:54 PM
It would be a Great story to see Wade return to form, if he does they could be a shocker team as long as McBob is not a starter.

LA_Raiders
07-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Now that the clown is gone bosh can play up to his Toronto potential.

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
It would be a Great story to see Wade return to form, if he does they could be a shocker team as long as McBob is not a starter.

Hey Starter,
What WOULD people say if, somehow, the Heat played really well next year?
Hey, whatcha got against McBob?!?! hehe
Yeah if he's starting, that's probably NOT a Play-Off type team!

pacofunk64
07-12-2014, 12:22 AM
This Miami team will be Bosh's team just like the old Raptors. I dont think Wade will ever get back to form over the course of the season. He has just taken to much of a beating. They need to save their money and go after some players that can play a full season.

ohreally
07-12-2014, 12:23 AM

I'm not a Heat fan or hater, nor am I a Maverick fan or hater, but I have to admit, the refs did kind of give it to Miami. I'm not saying Wade sucked and the refs did all the work, but if you watch that series again, it was impossible to defend Wade, not because he was so good, but because the refs would call phantom foul after phantom foul.

Did you ever see MJ play?

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Bosh is as good as gone. It sucks for Wade.
Nope. Bosh gets a Max which was supposed to be James'.Bosh wins.

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2014, 01:42 AM
I wish I had the OP's optimism. I think Wade is done. His body can't endure a full season AND play at a high level. That leaves just Bosh, who has his moments, but isn't necessarily a guy that is unstoppable.

If nothing else, we'll finally get to see just how good of a coach Spoelstra is. My hunch is that he'll be fired at the end of the 2014-2015 season.

Dade County
07-12-2014, 02:03 AM

So if you did notice that, did you notice anything funny when the HEAT faced the Mav's in the Final's the 2nd time around?

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 06:41 AM
So if you did notice that, did you notice anything funny when the HEAT faced the Mav's in the Final's the 2nd time around?

Yes. When Dirk and the Mavericks beat Miami he ran off the court while the clock was still counting down. I think he was in shock. I thought it was really cute honestly. :o

Also, Wade played really well (better than LeBron James in that series) and didn't get the phantom fouls he got in the 2006 Finals.

JWO35
07-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Honestly if the Heat can upgrade their PG & C position they could still be a top team in the East

KingstonHawke
07-12-2014, 08:26 AM
What OP isn't realizing is that the Heat have been to 4 finals in a row. Wade and Bosh are not the same players that signed 4 years ago. Wade's knee is so banged up he cant make it through a hole season... and Bosh straight up said that he hates playing down low because he gets too tired.

This could've worked if they'd of both came back at reasonable salaries, but spending $236 million between the two for 5 years is ********. Especially considering that they don't have a draft pick for next year. Hopefully they can get that back in a S&T for James (not likely though).

I've been here in South Beach since James came, and I've been saying this for a long time. Not trading Wade for Howard when Howard was leaving Miami would come back to haunt them. They didn't make the obvious move because they didn't want to piss off Lebron and the city which they thought were loyal to Wade... but no... Lebron and the city are both loyal to winning!

Don't let some dumb speech about going home fool you. Lebron chose the Cavs because they are freaking stacked with assets!!! If the Cavs make the right moves, they could have a big 4! If they are willing to open up their pocket books the way the Lakers and Knicks do, that could be an all star 5!!!

Wiggins + Vera to TWolves for Love...
Bennett + Thompson to Pistons S&T for Monroe...
Waiters + Cavs and Heat 1st round picks to Spurs for Ginobili

Sign Allen, Miller, and Lewis for the low. Fill out the roster. You could be looking at something crazy!

Kyrie Irving -
Ray Allen - Manu Ginobili
Lebron James - Mike Miller
Kevin Love - Rashard Lewis
Greg Monroe -

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
What OP isn't realizing is that the Heat have been to 4 finals in a row. Wade and Bosh are not the same players that signed 4 years ago. Wade's knee is so banged up he cant make it through a hole season... and Bosh straight up said that he hates playing down low because he gets too tired.

This could've worked if they'd of both came back at reasonable salaries, but spending $236 million between the two for 5 years is ********. Especially considering that they don't have a draft pick for next year. Hopefully they can get that back in a S&T for James (not likely though).

I've been here in South Beach since James came, and I've been saying this for a long time. Not trading Wade for Howard when Howard was leaving Miami would come back to haunt them. They didn't make the obvious move because they didn't want to piss off Lebron and the city which they thought were loyal to Wade... but no... Lebron and the city are both loyal to winning!

Don't let some dumb speech about going home fool you. Lebron chose the Cavs because they are freaking stacked with assets!!! If the Cavs make the right moves, they could have a big 4! If they are willing to open up their pocket books the way the Lakers and Knicks do, that could be an all star 5!!!

Sign Allen, Miller, and Lewis for the low. Fill out the roster. You could be looking at something crazy!

Kyrie Irving -
Greg Monroe -

The OP does realize this, he is suggesting that this is an opportunity for Wade and Bosh to prove how good they still are.

What you don't realize is Manu is not leaving SAS, the Cavs can't afford Aller, Miller and Lewis, it will be VERY hard to land Love (though they may do it) and picking up Greg Monroe will be next to impossible, not to mention he'd be a bad fit. They need a passing/defensive rebounder like Noah or maybe Gasol, not a low post scoring C.

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2014, 03:45 PM

You think an NBA played like Wade wants to say: Oh, in 2006 I proved I was the man. Not give me 20 mil in 2014.

I'm not talking about proving that he WAS capable, I'm talking about proving that he IS capable.

People have been saying that Wade ad Bosh held James back. Winning without him would prove what level they ARE at.

goingfor28
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
The OP does realize this, he is suggesting that this is an opportunity for Wade and Bosh to prove how good they still are.

What you don't realize is Manu is not leaving SAS, the Cavs can't afford Aller, Miller and Lewis, it will be VERY hard to land Love (though they may do it) and picking up Greg Monroe will be next to impossible, not to mention he'd be a bad fit. They need a passing/defensive rebounder like Noah or maybe Gasol, not a low post scoring C.
Ray allen already said he would play for the minimum. Rashard likely wouldn't get more than the minimum. Mike Miller maybe a little more. But they can certainly get them all. Will they? Who knows. But it can certainly happen.

Dade County
07-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Yes. When Dirk and the Mavericks beat Miami he ran off the court while the clock was still counting down. I think he was in shock. I thought it was really cute honestly. :o

Also, Wade played really well (better than LeBron James in that series) and didn't get the phantom fouls he got in the 2006 Finals.

Then I guess you didn't notice anything & I can ignore your thoughts about 2006.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Then I guess you didn't notice anything & I can ignore your thoughts about 2006.

There is a lot to notice. Rather than playing the guessing game, why not just tell me what you're referring to?

I told you what I thought looked funny... your turn.

Yanks All Day
07-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Wade rested for 1/3 of last season and couldn't make it through 5 games effectively against the Spurs. He's now going to have to carry an even heavier offensive load on a weakened Heat team, so that means he likely can't take 1/3 of the season off. It doesn't matter what he did in 2006. In 2014, he was awful, by his standards. No reason to think 2015 is going to be any different. Aging, injury prone, no jump shot, declining.

Bosh has the chance to show he's still a #1 option, though. He took a back seat for a long time, but I look forward to him showing his game off again.

RateSports
07-12-2014, 04:47 PM
I think the could still bring in a great player, at point perhaps or even center, and with Beasley, Lewis and Battier (if they all stick around) they'd still have an AMAZING SF rotation.

Thoughts?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaa

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Wade rested for 1/3 of last season and couldn't make it through 5 games effectively against the Spurs. He's now going to have to carry an even heavier offensive load on a weakened Heat team, so that means he likely can't take 1/3 of the season off. It doesn't matter what he did in 2006. In 2014, he was awful, by his standards. No reason to think 2015 is going to be any different. Aging, injury prone, no jump shot, declining.

Bosh has the chance to show he's still a #1 option, though. He took a back seat for a long time, but I look forward to him showing his game off again.

Hey YAD,
I can't guess what DWade and Bosh are gonna do next year; but I'm plenty interested to find out.
I don't think DWade will be the DWade of old; probably not close to that. I don't think Bosh is enough of a leader to be that team's true #1. I'd love for both to prove me wrong!

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:27 PM
It's a perfect opportunity for Bosh to prove he was always that guy he was in Toronto but swallowed his pride to be a third wheel in Miami with Wade and LeBron. Wade is on the downside of his career and cannot even be the Wade of 2009 when he was basically it there. Bosh had to be promised the opportunity to be the number one option so actually the biggest loser in all this is Wade. LeBron and Bosh get max deals albeit with Lebron in Cleveland but Wade lost out on 42 million over two which is just the amount of years he has left in his career. If Miami is dumb enough to give him a four or five year deal they are just showing how desperate and how clueless they were at the possibility of LeBron leaving them.

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Wade rested for 1/3 of last season and couldn't make it through 5 games effectively against the Spurs. He's now going to have to carry an even heavier offensive load on a weakened Heat team, so that means he likely can't take 1/3 of the season off.

The other part is who is going to dominate the ball. There's a big difference between standing out on the wing, catching a breath and waiting for your turn, vs. running an offense through you as the primary guy. It wouldn't just possibly mean a lot more minutes, but tougher minutes.

cubbie92
07-12-2014, 05:34 PM
People have been saying that Wade ad Bosh held James back. Winning without him would prove what level they ARE at.

Which people?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Remember this isn't the Wade of 2004. Bosh can improve upon his own stats without LeBron. But Bosh cant carry entire team for 82 games alone. But remember Wade doesn't play all 82 games a year. Needs to save him self for playoffs. Granger isn't what he use to be either. Reason why he's been rumored in trade rumors last four years. Heat will still be in the playoffs. But that's about it. Not sure how many random free agents willing to take league veteran minimum now and a almost guaranteed spotlight in the finals now. Since its no guaranteed Heat get passed first round now. Vets wont come to play cheap now.

SILVER SEAVER
07-12-2014, 05:37 PM

Exactly so I can't see how anyone who was in their right mind could possibly believe Wade could shoulder more of a burden at age 32, 33. He had it so easy last season in the fact he could rest 28 games sometimes just to rest and be able to play on a team that was good enough to make it to the Finals without much contribution from him. The guy is basically living on cortisone injections just to make it through 54 regular season games and some cake walk eastern conference playoff games. Miami is pinning their hopes on surrounding Bosh with two broken down players past their primes in Wade and Granger and Haslem is no spring chicken. They better hope Josh McRoberts becomes the second coming of Kevin McHale or something.

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 08:41 PM

Kyrie Irving -
Greg Monroe -

I think Ginobili objects to playing alongside LBJ?

Chrisclover
07-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I always root for a "former" great player to return to form;

I really like Bosh too; but don't think he can be a #1 player on a successful team (a great "glue" guy; just not the #1 leader - too laid back - which I like in non-leading players). Could Bosh flourish now in Miami. I'd love it; but don't think so. Given DWade does NOT "return to form"; other teams are going to focus even more defensive attention/pressure on Bosh - I don't think he'll shine under that much pressure.

Hey Pablo,
First off, can you name some star players who returned to form?As far as I know, there are so few. Does J O'Neal count? He was an MVP candidate in his prime, later got destroyed by injuries and recently starts to be a serviceable player.
Second, what do you think Bosh will achieve stats-wise?I think he will at least get 20 and 8 per game.

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Hey Pablo,
First off, can you name some star players who returned to form?As far as I know, there are so few. Does J O'Neal count? He was an MVP candidate in his prime, later got destroyed by injuries and recently starts to be a serviceable player.
Second, what do you think Bosh will achieve stats-wise?I think he will at least get 20 and 8 per game.

Hey Chris,
First off, No! (hehe) (I can't name many former stars who have returned to form; but with a little research it can be done - still, your point is that it's very infrequent - I agree with that.). *

Second, if you remove the "at least" I can "live" with: Bosh will probably be a 20 and 8 player next year.

Why? Because, if he's the Heat's best player, he'll face a ton of defensive pressure (and I don't see him being the type to iso or force shots for points). If he isn't their best player, he's not going to be getting enough shots to go much over that. And in either case, he can do 8 rpgs. (Solid #2, class teammate; honest enough to admit that he hates to bang down low.)

* Kobe next year? (I think he will.)

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Hopefully Wade is currently drinking out of the fountain of youth.

raiderfaninTX
07-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Someone should take a screen shot from the southpark episode where kyle turns black to play basketball and has balls put into his knees. Well when he lands after a dunk his knees explode and he falls on the ground.

Someone should grab that screen shot and photoshop wades jersey and face onto the picture, because that's a pretty realistic outcome to this upcoming season for the heat.

NBA_Starter
07-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Poor Heat :(

Pablonovi
07-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Hopefully Wade is currently drinking out of the fountain of youth.

Hey Starter,
Only thing is: knees seem to tend to be more problematic than most other injuries/weak-spots. Especially for someone whose style of play has always been so intense, so drive-heavy, so contact-heavy. Almost seems like he's gonna have to "revolutionize" his offensive game and come up with an efficient outside set of Js.

On defense, I don't think he's gonna be able to keep up with most guards who are gonna have more speed and more ability to cut and shift-directions. So, if that's true, just like is always done with older greats who have lost some of their physical edge; the Heat will have to "hide" him more on D (putting him on the other team's weaker/weakest offensive players).

Brooklyn_lakers
07-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Looks like deng will be joining bosh and wade. That doesn't even sound right. Eww

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 01:15 AM
The Heat don't look like they are in the dire straits most of us thought they'd be in once LeBron announced he was heading to Cleveland. That team if they add Deng is an Eastern Conference Finals appearance. If Wade gives them anything and Bosh becomes the Bosh of Toronto now with a three point shot. Add Deng to the mix with McRoberts and a Granger hell bent on proving to everyone he's not done? Still a solid team. Not bad for the losing the best player in the world.

SILVER SEAVER
07-13-2014, 01:19 AM
It's going to be hard rooting against Luol. Too nice of a guy to join Lucifer Riley in Miami. He's had too many battles with Wade and Miami to then join them. EWW is right.

mbsalame123
07-13-2014, 02:26 AM
I like this heat team that is being built. Bosh and Wade get to play like their old selfs and will prove to everyone that they can still play at a high level similar to how they played in toronto and miami a few years ago. They have so much cap space that they are most likely going to sign Luol Deng as a replacement for the team. That is a perfect fit next to wade has deng can score, play great defense and rebound. He is a less athletic and not as aggressive Lebron James (not saying he will dominate like him but he can do a little bit of everything, like lebron does).
Add Danny Granger who is a shell of his former self but you never know, this will be his first season being fully healthy so he might surprise and play more like his former pacer self. At power forward the heat have a major upgrade with josh mcroberts as they no longer have to worry about fixing up the lineups and all of that every game as they kept switching from haslem to battier to lewis everytime in the past couple of years. With mcroberts they get someone that can stretch the floor, rebound, play defense and do all the dirty work needed out there, oh and he is very athletic.
At point guard the heat have norris cole and shabazz napier who can both manage to run the pg really well for the heat however I feel like they will go out there and get another point guard like jameer nelson or mario chalmers just to have some depth at that position. I don't think Lewis or Beasley come back but I think james jones and udonis haslem who are both Florida natives will resign and then they will bring back Greg Oden as he will get the opportunity to play a little more then last year and he looked good last year in miami.
I think Miami will then go out there and bring James Ennis who starred in the D-league last year and he will serve as a bench player just for depth but might get playing time later on. I think the Heat go out there and look for some more depth on the wing and Jordan Crawford in my opinion fits the bill as he can be the main scorer for the team off the bench. Add Ekpe Udoh who the Heat have had interest in for a while now and you have yourself a nice playoff team that can compete in the East and if they play to their potential (bosh and wade) then they might be able to upset and go deep in the playoffs.

Anyways here is my predicted Miami Heat roster:

Chris Bosh
Josh Mcroberts
Luol Deng
Dwyane Wade
Jameer Nelson
Jordan Crawford
Danny Granger
Norris Cole
Ekpe Udoh
Udonis Haslem
Shabazz Napier
Greg Oden
James Jones
James Ennis

This is a pretty good team that can easily compete for the playoffs in the East. We'll have to wait and see but I like what the Heat have as a replacement for the loss of Lebron James

Chrisclover
07-13-2014, 03:10 AM
The Heat don't look like they are in the dire straits most of us thought they'd be in once LeBron announced he was heading to Cleveland. That team if they add Deng is an Eastern Conference Finals appearance. If Wade gives them anything and Bosh becomes the Bosh of Toronto now with a three point shot. Add Deng to the mix with McRoberts and a Granger hell bent on proving to everyone he's not done? Still a solid team. Not bad for the losing the best player in the world.

3rd in the east behind Cavs and Bulls

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 07:07 AM
I anticipate Miami's chemistry to improve more now that the ball dominance and reliance of Lebron is gone. I think they will have learned alot from the 2 finals vs Spurs - that team work and selflessness proves to be effective. This squad will be more tight knit too after Lebron abandoning them, they will have a chip on their shoulders next season and you know damn well there will be a rivalry between Cavs & Miami like the good old days. Losing to the Spurs like that, this team will be even more determined. People count them out but they will end up eating those words. Miami will show & prove nxt season & people will be singing a different tune.

Pablonovi
07-13-2014, 01:39 PM
I anticipate Miami's chemistry to improve more now that the ball dominance and reliance of Lebron is gone. I think they will have learned alot from the 2 finals vs Spurs - that team work and selflessness proves to be effective. This squad will be more tight knit too after Lebron abandoning them, they will have a chip on their shoulders next season and you know damn well there will be a rivalry between Cavs & Miami like the good old days. Losing to the Spurs like that, this team will be even more determined. People count them out but they will end up eating those words. Miami will show & prove nxt season & people will be singing a different tune.

Hey 3ballbomber,
Regardless of whether what you're predicting / hoping for comes true or not; I just gotta say your expression of spirit for you team strikes me as: heartfully felt, loyal to the max, and a superb example of fighting spirit.

Kudos.

Alayla
07-13-2014, 02:19 PM

No one wins without help.