PDA

View Full Version : What does James going back to Cleveland mean to you?

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Please don't delete for baiting. Just want a general idea of the community that dislike James.

bomber0104
07-11-2014, 12:42 PM
not much... he is still taking the easiest route to a championship like he did 4 years ago

D-Leethal
07-11-2014, 12:44 PM
There were easier routes to a championship. He just gained points in my book. I'd consider myself a "LeBron hater". I like that he admits his decision was executed in poor fashion and I think he provided solid reasoning. He is loyal to home - you gotta respect that. 1 chip in CLE = 3 more in MIA.

Max.This
07-11-2014, 12:45 PM
what will wade do lmao

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-11-2014, 12:45 PM
I was never a hater of him but I respect him now more than ever. That was a great letter that he wrote. Choosing a small town that's ridiculed by everyone over the limelight of Miami must be really tough to do. He took less money than Miami could give him and he is going to live in a place that not many people want to. Gotta respect that.

Max.This
07-11-2014, 12:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsRu3HtCMAEu18v.jpg:large

whitesoxfan83
07-11-2014, 12:48 PM
For the first time in 4 years I find myself liking the guy... I think this is a GREAT move. I like how he equated playing in Miami for 4 years like his college because he didn't get that experience. He's coming home for his family and to try and deliver the Championship he promised them 5 years ago. I love it.

Now I hope Carmelo goes to Chicaho and Bosh to Houston.

The one who gets SCREWED today the most is DWade.

RiLoc
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fgzf7x8m109wf7q/ReturnOfTheKing3.jpg

goingfor28
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsRu3HtCMAEu18v.jpg:large
Bingo

DaBear
It just goes to show Lebron is not loyal at all. Funny how they just forget about how Lebron did them, but when you're as desperate as Cleveland for a winning team, I guess that goes out the window

Chromehounds
07-11-2014, 12:50 PM
not much... he is still taking the easiest route to a championship like he did 4 years ago

What he said ^

Le-Run is great at running away from challenges. Oh and he'll never be as great as Jordan! Might as well call LBJ a hobo-champion, he'll hop any train to an easy win. ;)

lizardking13
07-11-2014, 12:51 PM
It means that he has the ability to put personal issues behind him for the betterment of himself. It means that he truly loves the city and wants to be home. CL has shown year after year the inability to put together a winning team and yet he wants to go there and try to win. That's pretty big imo.

He wants to bring a championship to the place he grew up...that's pretty cool.

On the other hand, I didn't dislike him when he was on the heat. I disliked him when he was a Cav...I now dislike him again..but hey that's coming from a Pistons fan. :sigh:

nickdymez
07-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't give a ****

DaBear
07-11-2014, 12:52 PM
I think Lebron would have made a bigger statement by staying in Miami even through dark times, but obviously that's now how he rolls. Wonder what he does if he doesn't win a ring in Cleveland this time around

Bruno
07-11-2014, 12:52 PM
i think the entire thing was premeditated.

i think LeBrons team (Carter and company) put this plan in place when the original decision was made. i think it was a brilliant way to stack the Cleveland roster through the draft, without wasting LeBrons prime.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 12:54 PM

i think LeBrons team (Carter and company) put this plan in place when the original decision was made. i think it was a brilliant way to stack the Cleveland roster through the draft, without wasting LeBrons prime.

If this is true, the real genius is LeBron and his team. Just a masterful plan. Ditch your team after giving them all the tools to succeed, win with a great team, come back to collect your paycheck,

ShakeN'Bake
07-11-2014, 12:56 PM

Exactly. This wasn't a hard choice.

utl768
07-11-2014, 12:58 PM
shows he is still just as inmature as he was 4 years ago with the whole decision BS

he claims to prioritize winning over everything else and then he spurns his best shot at continued and sustained success

Bruno
07-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Cleveland gets back LeBron, the biggest prize from the biggest draft in the past 15 years, and they get Wiggins, the biggest prize from the biggest draft since 2003. pretty insane really.

shep33
07-11-2014, 01:00 PM
I think James is by far the best player in the NBA. I wish he was on my team. That being said, reports were talking about how Riles wanted to keep the core together for another shot.

Now if your a free agent, what looks better?

-30 year old Bosh who has basically turned into a jump shooter
-Wade who's body is unfortunately breaking down
-No cap room
-Aging role players
-No point guard

Or....

-Kyrie Irving
-Andrew Wiggins, or the possibility of playing with Kevin Love, arguably a top 2-3 power forward.
-Young supporting cast-Bennett, Thompson, Waiters
-Solid big in Andy V
-Exciting new coach

I do think going home was a big addition, but moving Kevin Love out to the East, is a scary scenario for everyone else in the conference. You can make the argument that Cleveland would have the two best players in the East again, along with a top 3-4 pg out east.

Hawkize31
07-11-2014, 01:01 PM

I thought about this, and if its true, its the most brilliant diabolical scheme I've ever heard of in sports. It has truly worked out well though - Cleveland has top tier young talent to go along with the best player in the world.

D Blue987
07-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Good for LeBron. I guess he does care what people say about legacy. However, I hate Dan Gilbert so I hope he never wins one championship for him.

ChitownSports16
07-11-2014, 01:05 PM

This! He seen that it was tough to sneak one out this year and got lucky last year so now he's looking a easy way out. What a joke of a dude.

Avenged
07-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Never hated him.. Don't really like him persay. But I guess this move makes me like him a tiny bit more. Other than that, it doesn't really do anything for me. It's pretty damn cool to see him back in Cleveland though, leaving a championship contender..

beyourself
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
To switch teams twice in prime as the best player in the NBA is weak. It's low and dirty.

Tumstock
07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
When I found out he was going back home... I realized I never disliked Lebron, only Miami Heat.

jericho
07-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I have a better question. What's gonna happen to the bandwagon fans? I guess this a good thing for PSD we are finally going to see who the real heat fans are.

WSU Tony
07-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Lebron going to Cleveland means Wiggins chance of being on the Wolves roster went way up.

jmartin80
07-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I have always talked about how Lebron was scared of competition. He left a 66 win team for an easy route to the finals. Don't give me
this going home stuff. Haha. They have the better team now so he sailed again for the easy wins.

I have never seen a man with so much talent be so scared of competition.

WillisLovechild
07-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I've definitely gained respect for Lebron. I think the move he and Bosh made to Miami four years ago was a punk move. I can respect the guys wanting to win championships, but I absolutely hate star players taking so much less money to try and make these dream teams. The fact that he admitted he went about things improperly four years ago and that he loves his hometown and wants to deliver them a championship, that's awesome.

To everyone saying he has no loyalty or that he is trying to find the easiest way to a championship... you're idiots. He is picking Cleveland, yes Cleveland, over Miami. If you weren't truly loyal to your hometown, why would you pick Cleveland, Ohio over Miami, Florida? As far as easiest route to a championship, he went to the finals every year he was in Miami. Cleveland hasn't made the playoffs since he left. How is going to Cleveland the easiest way to a title?

The guy can't catch a break one way or the other, but this is a HUGE respect move in my book.

ChiTownCubbies
07-11-2014, 01:17 PM
I wonder what the attendance for Heat games will look like this year. My question is... say he plays another 4 years or so and does not win a championship, does he go into the HOF as a Cavalier or a member of the Heat?

BGeer091
07-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I hate Miami lol. So I couldn't root for LeBron there. So... it means I can root for him again!

JasonJohnHorn
07-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I have a lot of respect for this decisions. He seems to have genuinely regretted how he handled things, but he stuck with his mistake, made the best out of the situation in Miami, learned how to win, and then returned home.

I also like it in terms of parity in the league. Honestly, I think that had he gone to Houston, Houston would have just wheeled out 4-straight finals appearances in a row and the NBA wouldn't have been much fun. As it stands, if healthy Cleveland stands a good chance of winning a lot of games. The coaching will be interesting. Miami still has cap space, can sign Bosh and Wade or another free agent. It is still appealing and they can put themselves in a winning situation. It keeps James out East so the West isn't too stacked.

I'm happy for Cleveland fans, I'm happy the West is still going to be a toss up, I'm happy the East has kept most of their free agents (we'lll see where Bosh goes).

That said, it would have been a LOT of fun to watch James in Houston with Harden and Dwight.

JLynn943
07-11-2014, 01:23 PM
He's not going to the best situation he could have, so just give up that argument.

I loved his letter, and I'm glad that he realizes how important, not only to the people around Cleveland but to himself as well, bringing a championship to Cleveland is. No reason for Heat fans to be mad. A 4 year run of Finals appearances and 2 championships is something to be proud of.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
By Marc Stein on SportsCenter, confirming that Love is intrigued and willing to commit to Cleveland long term.

Avenged
07-11-2014, 01:27 PM
By Marc Stein on SportsCenter, confirming that Love is intrigued and willing to commit to Cleveland long term.

Love is "intrigued". We know damn well hes way past intrigued now. :laugh2:

jmartin80
07-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I've definitely gained respect for Lebron. I think the move he and Bosh made to Miami four years ago was a punk move. I can respect the guys wanting to win championships, but I absolutely hate star players taking so much less money to try and make these dream teams. The fact that he admitted he went about things improperly four years ago and that he loves his hometown and wants to deliver them a championship, that's awesome.

To everyone saying he has no loyalty or that he is trying to find the easiest way to a championship... you're idiots. He is picking Cleveland, yes Cleveland, over Miami. If you weren't truly loyal to your hometown, why would you pick Cleveland, Ohio over Miami, Florida? As far as easiest route to a championship, he went to the finals every year he was in Miami. Cleveland hasn't made the playoffs since he left. How is going to Cleveland the easiest way to a title?

The guy can't catch a break one way or the other, but this is a HUGE respect move in my book.

Your post makes no sense at all. The Heat were currently handcuffed and could not build a supporting cast strong enough to "entice" James. The Cavs have been "gifted" 3 number one picks and a two top 5's in the last years. With Lebron, that gives them 4 number 1 overall picks and a top 5. Anyone who says that Cleveland is not better then Miami with the current roster / free agency situation is not paying attention.

If he was loyal to his "home town" he would not have left to chase rings in the first place. I feel very confident that if Cleveland did not receive these picks, the results would be different. He again took the easy road.

Almost appears scripted.

lincecum=future
07-11-2014, 01:29 PM
To switch teams twice in prime as the best player in the NBA is weak. It's low and dirty.

Hah I hope you're not serious...

Lo Porto
07-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm a Jazz fan. I don't have a dog in the fight.

But this makes me very happy. It's awesome for small market teams. I feel good for LeBron. He's a guy who is always getting advice on what he should do. Yada yada yada. Even during this free agency, everybody put words in his mouth he didn't even say. They made stuff up. They spread rumors. All while he did nothing.

I came to realize he is in a no win situation. So many cowards out there with anonymous posts and tweets. A bunch of haters filled with jealousy. I'm so happy that he went home. He's making a move for all the right reasons. Good for him. I wish we had more of this in a market filled with greed and undeserving individuals who just happen to have talent.

Go Jazz. Good Luck LeBron.

Hawkamania
07-11-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm actually glad he's returning to Cleveland. The only distaste I had for him, like many others, was the WAY he left Cleveland not the fact the he left.

NJrockPD
07-11-2014, 01:45 PM
It means most of the Heat's fans just became Cavs fans. It means he has no loyalty and will run again when this contract is up unless the Cavs dominate over the next few years. Everything that was written in Gilbert's letter 4 years ago was true, but he won't admit that now because Lebron is going to make him a ton of money.

pebloemer
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Im hoping that what it means to me is it shows the value of playing for your hometown to a collection of young Toronto born players.

Hangin n Wangin
07-11-2014, 01:49 PM

So basically, the NBA is a huge circus and Lebron runs it. It really is a clown job though.

MarkieMark48
07-11-2014, 01:55 PM
It means I gatta change a logo on my sigbar

LAKobeBryant
07-11-2014, 01:57 PM
it mean to Cleveland
http://www.veooz.com/photos/TGwWenp.html

Jets012
07-11-2014, 01:59 PM

What he said ^

Le-Run is great at running away from challenges. Oh and he'll never be as great as Jordan! Might as well call LBJ a hobo-champion, he'll hop any train to an easy win. ;)

If you guys think Cleveland is a title contender now that they have Bron you're surely mistaken. Still so many question marks on that team and the top teams in the West are still A LOT better. Right now as constructed, Cavs aren't even a top 5-6 team OVERALL. Kyrie (who plays no defense) is getting overrated a ton if you think that's the case.

West teams are much better. Even if the Cavs got Love, I'd still take Houston (if they land Bosh), San Antonio, OKC, and the Clippers over them.

numba1CHANGsta
07-11-2014, 02:03 PM
It hurts his image IMO, NO HOF player has ever left their team and then come back while still in their prime. To be honest it can either be faith or a conspiracy how CLE got all of those top draft picks and now LeBron comes back. And TBH LeBron can't win a championship without having a Big 3, so if they don't get Love then they won't win crap. If they do get Love, it better have Wiggins involved in the trade or else once again another conspiracy where other teams in the NBA are helping LeBron win once again.

Heatcheck
07-11-2014, 02:04 PM
It means I got to see Lebron and Wade on the same team for four years.
Watch basketball through June for four years.
And listen to everyone embarrass themselves by *****ing and moaning about the heat like grown men at a WWF match. UM Deja Vu all over again...good times

toki_wartooth
07-11-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm kind of meh on LeBron overall.

On one hand he's one of the GOATS, on the other hand I'm allergic to hype.

That being said, when I heard this announce live on sports radio, I was happy for Cleveland and I think it's kind of cool.

What is probably more interesting is the chain reaction this will set off, and how the rest of the dominoes fall.

I have to find more time for the association, I've kind of faded being a Lakers fan and them being bad, but I will probably have to deal with that for as long as the Buss kids are around. It's time for me to appreciate the rest of the league. Second only to MLB as a pro sports league.

rkelly7
07-11-2014, 02:08 PM
if i were him, i would just sign 1 year contracts year after year going to the team with the highest chance of winning a ring that had cap room for a max contract... he wants to be bigger than Mike. Good luck Lebron. lol

MagicBucsSox
07-11-2014, 02:09 PM
He has no backbone after that city disgraced him his mother and family. Remember the "lebron went south but his mom went west(delonte)" shirts?
And worse of all we gotta deal with Dan Gilbert's face and his annoying son again

goingfor28
07-11-2014, 02:11 PM
He has no backbone after that city disgraced him his mother and family. Remember the "lebron went south but his mom went west(delonte)" shirts?
And worse of all we gotta deal with Dan Gilbert's face and his annoying son again
It is all better than the heat bandwagon

jerellh528
07-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Good move by james, he's earned more of my respect. If he wins a ring there, he will be top 10 all time. But moreso it means the end of all the fake, crap, bandwagon, immature, trolling, miami fans.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Good move by james, he's earned more of my respect. If he wins a ring there, he will be top 10 all time. But moreso it means the end of all the fake, crap, bandwagon, immature, trolling, miami fans.

I've always respected your post despite sometimes it being troll-like. I do think this helps his legacy. Do I have more respect for him? Nope. I'll support LeBron regardless of the team.

savvy1803
07-11-2014, 02:34 PM
It means little to me , although i appreciate what he can do on a basketball court that's where it stops , i am a Laker fan and we currently have no coach and can't even field a full roster , my concern's remain with the franchise i support not someone else's .

I am happy for the fans of Cleveland but i will never root for an opposing team's player .

WillisLovechild
07-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Your post makes no sense at all. The Heat were currently handcuffed and could not build a supporting cast strong enough to "entice" James. The Cavs have been "gifted" 3 number one picks and a two top 5's in the last years. With Lebron, that gives them 4 number 1 overall picks and a top 5. Anyone who says that Cleveland is not better then Miami with the current roster / free agency situation is not paying attention.

If he was loyal to his "home town" he would not have left to chase rings in the first place. I feel very confident that if Cleveland did not receive these picks, the results would be different. He again took the easy road.

Almost appears scripted.

My post makes perfect sense to anyone capable of understanding basic English. All the draft picks the Cavs were 'gifted' as you say, doesn't mean they are all of the sudden an elite team. Michael Olowokandi was a #1 overall pick, how much did he contribute to the league? Bennett has amounted to nothing thus far, Thompson is solid but nothing spectacular and Waiters is good, but certainly nothing that makes your jaw drop. Irving is the only legit top-flight talent on that roster right now, but he clearly hasn't been able to take his team very far.

I never once said that Miami was in a better situation than Cleveland. One of the main reasons Miami had limited flexibility is because they got a group of all-stars to take a lot less money and come play together. When they all decided they want what they actually deserve, there is no way to pay all of them and get a good cast around them. Lebron could have gone to other teams that would be a better situation than the Cavs, i.e. the Rockets. He is going to a promising situation in Cleveland, but it is nowhere near the lock that every pundit on the site is making it out to be.

Lebron carried the Cavs his entire career, and they couldn't put a good enough team around him. I will not fault a guy for leaving to try to win a ring. The only issue I had was the way Lebron left. He admitted his fault in the matter and is now coming back to make it right. He never had to have loyalty to Miami, and the people there have very little room to be upset. He was essentially a hired gun that delivered a lot for them. He grew up in Ohio; he was the native son that spurned them. It is harder for him to go back after everything that happened than it was to leave, but he still did. Looks kind of loyal to me.

TylerSL
07-11-2014, 02:56 PM
If that's where is heart is then that is where it is. Yea I get that it's a cool story that he went home but he is also walking away from a team that has been to 4 consecutive finals and could continue to win. After not winning a title in 7 years at Cleveland he left to join a super team in Miami. 4 years later Cleveland has remade a super young core and Miami is showing signs of weakness for the first time since he came here and he bolts back to Cleveland. I know there is a lot more to it than that, but this has been the situation for the teams he has left or joined. As a Heat fan I'm a little frustrated because a lot of people seem to be forgiving Lebron and continuing to hate on Miami.

However that does not take away the last 4 years or what he has done for us. Miami was a successful organization before he arrived but he elevated us to all time great heights. As an organization I think we will be ok, Miami is a good organization. People are going to say he left Miami because we did not go after Melo, or Wade got injured too often, but that was not it. He left because his heart is at his home state. It is what it is. As a Heat fan it's disappointing, but we have to look back on the last 4 years and move on.

Holydiver
07-11-2014, 02:58 PM
just like he said in 2011, we all have to go back to our lives while he makes millions of dollars.

Heatcheck
07-11-2014, 03:04 PM
just like he said in 2011, we all have to go back to our lives while he makes millions of dollars.

Bingo

Aust
07-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't think negatively of Lebron, but I'm going to greatly dislike that franchise and root against them.

Chronz
07-11-2014, 03:29 PM
It means we get to see another lab experiment played out. Cant wait to see the results. Hopefully people see the light about his impact this go around.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I think it's hilarious. The Spurs stomped that *** in the finals and broke up the evil empire.

The Cavs will need a year or 2 before they can win a championship, so it's good news for the Spurs. This year's WCF will be the real finals series.

Here comes the b2b!

Jarvo
07-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm from Miami and can tell you 1st hand we're a football town from UM to the Dolphins (which I'm not a fan of either or The Heat) and once Lebron got here people came out of nowhere being Basketball fans. I'm happy for Lebron going home and It would be a good story for Lebron to go back home and win it all but truly I think Cleveland is cursed as a sports town but with LBJ going back that could be changed.

But anywaysssss Go Spurs! Go!!!!!

Jarvo
07-11-2014, 03:38 PM
I think it's hilarious. The Spurs stomped that *** in the finals and broke up the evil empire.

The Cavs will need a year or 2 before they can win a championship, so it's good news for the Spurs. This year's WCF will be the real finals series.

Here comes the b2b!

I hope they can snag Pau!

Saddletramp
07-11-2014, 04:17 PM

Yeah pretty much this. People say that it was classless to put Jeremy Lin's number on Carmelo when trying to recruit Carmelo to Houston but that had absolutely nothing on what Dan Gilbert did and said and Cleveland fans being so hateful and even burning his jersey. That was a disgrace.

I don't think negatively of Lebron, but I'm going to greatly dislike that franchise and root against them.

It's great that he went back home but I don't know how he could play for Dan Gilbert. I didn't care for him one way or the other before 2010 but I kind of liked him in spite of all the haters after what Dan Gilbert and Cleveland fans did to him then.

LakerShow
07-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Doesn't really change anything. Still see him as a ring chaser. What i question is how the NBA gave all those picks to the cavs.

believeinNYK
07-11-2014, 04:33 PM
I like his move, he choose to go back to the team that drafted him, the team with the small market thats never won a championship and is in his own home state. In a way hes going there with good prospects for success but it will still be a challenge to help out those young guys so can't really say its an easier route than just resigning the big 3 in Miami nd like others have said bringing a chip to CLE would be huuuge and IMO help his legacy

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-11-2014, 04:36 PM
I hope they can snag Pau!

Would be a solid pickup and a great fit, I just don't see it happening. Money and limited role will probably be the reason.

As for Lebron, I don't see it as "ring changing "by going back to Cleveland. Even if the Cavs get Love, do you really think him Irving and LBJ can take down Spurs? Okc? LAC? Houston?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-11-2014, 05:55 PM
It means that Lebron is going back to Cleveland.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Lol

Mell413
07-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I don't think you can question his makeup now. He's going to Cleveland and it's not an easier ride to a title. It's cool to see him go back to his hometown team.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 07:29 PM
It means a lot, he is righting a wrong here and handled Free Agency totally different this time and a lot better. Way to go LeBron!

IndyRealist
07-11-2014, 07:36 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/sports/2014/07/11/nr-navarro-brazile-lemon-lebron-james-mural-miami.cnn.html

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2014, 07:51 PM
It means the eastern conference playoffs became more watchable. Glad bosh stayed, now it's basically Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, soon Boston, and Brooklyn in the east and the talent is more spread out. The west will still kick that *** in the finals though

bucketss
07-11-2014, 08:11 PM

interesting, you think the nba helped with that? kind of odd how they kept getting first rounders.

too bad they only got one of those picks right though(jury still out on wiggins)

bucketss
07-11-2014, 08:21 PM
for me im just confused why he would leave a team that would give him a shot every year to win

for kyrie and a bunch of rookies/sophmores and young guys not to mention kyrie is injury prone. i guess if they can get love though it would be a lot more balanced than miami, assuming varejao isn't injured, than they might be screwed.

NYKNYGNYY
07-11-2014, 08:34 PM
It means spo is outta a job in 2 years

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Spo: "Granger, I'mma need you to average 30 points for me this season"

HoodedSB
07-11-2014, 08:36 PM
It means I get to watch lebron on national tv and actually root for him for a change.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 08:48 PM
for me im just confused why he would leave a team that would give him a shot every year to win

for kyrie and a bunch of rookies/sophmores and young guys not to mention kyrie is injury prone. i guess if they can get love though it would be a lot more balanced than miami, assuming varejao isn't injured, than they might be screwed.

1) Platt is a better coach than Spo. Well praised and highly recruited for many years.
2) My understanding is that Miami's clock is ticking and Bosh/Wade won't cut it.
3) Kyrie is injury prone but Wade isn't?
4) Varejao is fine. He was injured two years ago and last year but he seems to be fine. His minutes is low because he started off playing low minutes and eventually got it going later onto the season. No reason to believe he won't be a huge rebounder like he was in 2012. Through 25 games, he was averaging 14/14 - the highest rebounding per game that season.
5) There's no reason to believe they aren't more balanced than Miami. Tristan is a better rebounder than Bosh. Anderson is a better defender/rebounder/offensive player than Chris Anderson. Kyrie is a better PG than Chalmers. Waiters is a young shooter who can actually play the full season - unlike Wade.

Not to mention Wiggins is still alive.

2-15's4-22's
07-11-2014, 08:56 PM
It means he saw that it was going to get harder and wade was getting older so he left i might be the minority here but the whole "home" thing is kind of an exuse but who could blame him i think it was smart

archdevil84
07-11-2014, 09:13 PM
i have to say, i realy realy like lebron james and i have all respect for his decision to return to cleveland and i realy hope he wil more championships (be it with the cavs in those upcoming years or somewhere else). But for the first time i can kinda relate to the hate he gets. I stil like him alot but a tiny little bit inside me hates him now for leaving. Its stil very painfull to realize he wont play in a HEAT uniform anymore :( Oh wel, gues i'll be watching cavs and heat next year

Knick bag
07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm cool with Lebron again. The Cavs will not have a cake walk to a championship even with KLove if they get him. It's going to take some work. I'm glad to see him step up and take on a real challenge.

Now he can really be the "King" if he wins one he has to earn the hard way. #Respect

archdevil84
07-11-2014, 09:21 PM
it also means finaly the duels between wade and lebron wil be back. say whatever you want about wade, but its looking like he's getting the keys back for now. Hopefully he can keep his play up!

also i'm wondering for how many years he's going to sign in cleveland

alright i'll be honest: I'm already hoping he wil return to miami in a few years :D

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 09:29 PM
To me it means:

He wants to go home. So many people are saying he is masking his true intentions (which are to be on a winning team) with a home coming. One can easily debunk this by stating, he could have accepted a Houston Rockets max contract offer. PG: Patrick Beverly, SG: James Harden, SF: Chandler Parsons PF: LeBron James C: Dwight Howard would completely solve ALL of Houston's problems (no facilitator, floor-spacing PF, etc...).

Secondly, it means that he DOES want to be on a winning team AS WELL (not primarily). Why stay with a PF who does a less-than-mediocre job at Center, a SG who is on his last wheel, and an organization who wants more wing-players instead of a legit PG/C when he can NOT ONLY RETURN HOME, but play with a bunch of ultra young, potential superstars?

Lastly, the money worked too. Would he have went back home for the MLE? I doubt it... It was all aligned for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Emotionally: I'm happy for LeBron and I loved what he had to say and I hope he continues his elite play for the Cavaliers.

3ballbomber
07-11-2014, 09:30 PM
It means he further reiterates his status as a quitter when things aren't going his way. Riley challenged him to gut it out & to not run to the first door when things get tough. He then asked what he truly is made out of. I guess he answered that.

He had a great situation in Miami. Losses make you more hungry and determined. That heartbreaking, humiliating loss makes true champions. It's how true champions are forged and how great teams are made. He bolted instead of rectifying and aiming for revenge w/ a band of brothers who could have been closer after that loss.

good bye and fairwell. When he fails to win in Cle, Wade will be laughing in Miami w/ one more ring than him thinking ' u can't win ***** without me brah '

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 09:34 PM
it also means finaly the duels between wade and lebron wil be back. say whatever you want about wade, but its looking like he's getting the keys back for now. Hopefully he can keep his play up!

also i'm wondering for how many years he's going to sign in cleveland

alright i'll be honest: I'm already hoping he wil return to miami in a few years :D

That "dual" would be just as predictable and exciting as a blind, deaf, one-armed anorexic man fighting Mayweather. I mean, comical sure, but I don't think this is 2006... and if it was, I doubt Wade gets all the phantom calls by the refs either. :p

archdevil84
07-11-2014, 09:39 PM
That "dual" would be just as predictable and exciting as a blind, deaf, one-armed anorexic man fighting Mayweather. I mean, comical sure, but I don't think this is 2006... and if it was, I doubt Wade gets all the phantom calls by the refs either. :p

either way the first game between them is gonna be awesome

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 09:49 PM
either way the first game between them is gonna be awesome

Without a doubt. I remember the first game the Cavs and Heat played after LeBron left. It ended in a blow out victory, but it was electric.

nickdymez
07-11-2014, 09:58 PM
It means I got to see Lebron and Wade on the same team for four years.
Watch basketball through June for four years.
And listen to everyone embarrass themselves by *****ing and moaning about the heat like grown men at a WWF match. UM Deja Vu all over again...good times
How big of you

force_within
07-11-2014, 10:01 PM
it means that James is back in Cleveland?

ohreally
07-11-2014, 10:09 PM
LeWanderer had two options that wouldn't totally trash his image, Miami and the Cavs. But I don't buy the feel good story and don't see how LeWanderer himself could believe it, but maybe his third person self can sell him on it.

I just don't think for a minute that he would have gone this way if the heat (is it all lower case now?) had won the finals, and if the going home for love was really true, why the hell did he string his beloved, now spurned, ex-teammate? He did this because he saw the stacked with young top draft choice Cavs were willing to make room to bring in another top tier veteran talent and be in much better shape than the thin heat (must say, the all caps HEAT has always been annoying) going forward.

No cajones. But he does know PR.

Bberryfresh2010
07-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I've felt the same about Lebron ever since he joined the league. Unless he plays for my team I won't root for em. I'll admire his talents but never root for him. This coming home bs is the perfect excuse for him to bolt yet another team for a much much better opportunity. I don't blame him either. Miami wasn't going anywhere with bosh and wade.

But let's be real here. That letter which I'm sure was orchestrated and written by some Ivy League dude that writes essays as a pass time. The forgiving Dan Gilbert for the letter, Dan Gilbert saying he regretted the letter right after it happened yet didn't take it down til last week and Lebron coming back was a realistic option. From a marketing standpoint this is genius.

Cleveland is now most definitely a contender. Yes wiggins hasn't played a game in the nba but be real, the dude is a stud. Irving is an allstar. And they have youth and upcoming players. There's a reason vegas is choosing them to win it all. If you say they aren't a better option than Miami you aren't be honest with yourself.

Bron chased the ring, again, and I ain't mad at em. But don't sell it as this "home coming" bull crap. I don't buy it, but good for him and good for Cleveland.

bucketss
07-11-2014, 10:36 PM
LeWanderer had two options that wouldn't totally trash his image, Miami and the Cavs. But I don't buy the feel good story and don't see how LeWanderer himself could believe it, but maybe his third person self can sell him on it.

I just don't think for a minute that he would have gone this way if the heat (is it all lower case now?) had won the finals, and if the going home for love was really true, why the hell did he string his beloved, now spurned, ex-teammate? He did this because he saw the stacked with young top draft choice Cavs were willing to make room to bring in another top tier veteran talent and be in much better shape than the thin heat (must say, the all caps HEAT has always been annoying) going forward.

No cajones. But he does know PR.

stacked with young top draft choices, other than irving, whos special?, bennet is looking like a bust, tristian is ok he went way too early though, dion is meh, and now you have wiggins and no one knows what he can be.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:46 PM
^Don't be fooled Thompson went when he did for a reason, he and LeBron have the same agent. Also Bennett looked a lot better at the end of last season.

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2014, 10:53 PM
It makes me respect is loyalty and I don't hate him anymore.

NBA_Starter
07-11-2014, 10:58 PM
His def getting a lot of positive rep points these days.

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:19 PM
1.) While everyone is entitled to feeling however they want, it's silly to hate a player for leaving an organization, even if it is their hometown. (Heat and Cav fans)

2.) Loving him for coming back after calling him a coward/disloyal/etc is a bit hypocritical. (Cav fans)

3.) I personally love his decision to return home and hopes he continues his elite play with Cleveland. Though, I'd wish the same even if he signed back with Miami.

I think we grew up in a society that puts so much value and emphasis on "borders". We ignore things we like, or change what we like/don't like all in the name of nationalism. "I grew up here, so I am cheering for this group!" This is the reason why people feel "betrayed", "angry", burn jerseys, make personal attacks towards fans of other teams/players of other teams, etc... when a player leaves his team for another. This is the reason we can't be happy for a person or an organization (other than the one we cheer for) that succeeds. It is pretty sad.

*Climbs off his soap box*

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2014, 11:22 PM
People make bad choices and that's just being human but correcting your mistakes makes you a real person.

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:26 PM
People make bad choices and that's just being human but correcting your mistakes makes you a real person.

James said he "still would have left" in his essay. Joining the Cavs wasn't "correcting" his mistake, apologizing for how he left was the correction of his admitted mistake. He could have "corrected his mistakes to be a real person" while simultaneous resigning with the Heat.

FlashBolt
07-11-2014, 11:28 PM
I personally think he earned back some reward points from his haters. I don't think any Cavs fans out there are still upset anymore. He definitely earned a positive PR for this. Just great handling from his team this time around. Hopefully Melo can do the same.

Redrum187
07-11-2014, 11:38 PM
I personally think he earned back some reward points from his haters. I don't think any Cavs fans out there are still upset anymore. He definitely earned a positive PR for this. Just great handling from his team this time around. Hopefully Melo can do the same.

Melo, in terms of championship aspirations, is in a bad situation with the Knicks. He wants a championship, but wants his money more (in my opinion). While I applaud him not having nationalistic "loyalty" to an organization that would not return the favor back if LeBron James was offered in a trade for him, I don't see him winning a championship in New York. Ideally, he wants max money (only NYK can offer that) while playing for a championship contender (Bulls)... which, every player does (can you blame them?).

ink
07-11-2014, 11:51 PM
It means we get to see another lab experiment played out. Cant wait to see the results. Hopefully people see the light about his impact this go around.

The lab experiment I'm hoping for is to see Blatt work Lebron's ball movement tendencies to such an extent that we see Spursball take over the league and watch statisticians scramble to quantify it MUCH MORE effectively.

Now THAT would be a significant legacy.

Jarvo
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
I just want to know would Cleveland actually just be happy with him just coming back, Because I heard alot today their just happy he's back with a chance to win titles but what if he don't?

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:09 AM
I just want to know would Cleveland actually just be happy with him just coming back, Because I heard alot today their just happy he's back with a chance to win titles but what if he don't?

If they don't win anything, I'd give an analogy like this:

You're going to die (not win a championship), but I personally would rather die with my family (how they view LeBron James) next to me by my side.

Misery loves company. I think to Cav fans, losing feels a little better if LeBron is on the team than losing and LeBron is not on the team, especially when LeBron's team is the team that actually DOES win.

Jarvo
07-12-2014, 12:11 AM
If they don't win anything, I'd give an analogy like this:

You're going to die (not win a championship), but I personally would rather die with my family (how they view LeBron James) next to me by my side.

Misery loves company. I think to Cav fans, losing feels a little better if LeBron is on the team than losing and LeBron is not on the team, especially when LeBron's team is the team that actually DOES win.

True, Man it would be a damn beautiful story if he does which I won't be shocked if he does.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-12-2014, 12:15 AM
If that's where is heart is then that is where it is. Yea I get that it's a cool story that he went home but he is also walking away from a team that has been to 4 consecutive finals and could continue to win. After not winning a title in 7 years at Cleveland he left to join a super team in Miami. 4 years later Cleveland has remade a super young core and Miami is showing signs of weakness for the first time since he came here and he bolts back to Cleveland. I know there is a lot more to it than that, but this has been the situation for the teams he has left or joined. As a Heat fan I'm a little frustrated because a lot of people seem to be forgiving Lebron and continuing to hate on Miami.

However that does not take away the last 4 years or what he has done for us. Miami was a successful organization before he arrived but he elevated us to all time great heights. As an organization I think we will be ok, Miami is a good organization. People are going to say he left Miami because we did not go after Melo, or Wade got injured too often, but that was not it. He left because his heart is at his home state. It is what it is. As a Heat fan it's disappointing, but we have to look back on the last 4 years and move on.

Pretty chicken **** if you ask me. How does he leaves after 4 straight finals appearances? He obviously wants to have a team that can keep up with him for 5 more years. Is be pretty upset if I was a heat fan. He's a giant douche to me in every way possible

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Pretty chicken **** if you ask me. How does he leaves after 4 straight finals appearances? He obviously wants to have a team that can keep up with him for 5 more years. Is be pretty upset if I was a heat fan. He's a giant douche to me in every way possible

Why is he a douche for leaving the Heat? So he can return home AND be on a more competitive team? Not returning home to where his heart is, being on a more competitive and younger team (all while making good money) is bit much to expect from anyone other than yourself, but you have every right to feel how you feel.

Can you explain how going to the Finals 4 years in a row, winning 2 of them, is any reason to hate/call him a douche for not resigning with them? Lets say his best chance to win more rings was with the Heat, why is he not entitled to leave that Utopia to go back home and compete with a younger core without any judgement or condemnation passed his way? Isn't the point of playing in the NBA to make money (to live and provide for one's family) and win championships? Why is it more honorable to stay loyal to an organization that can never be 100% loyal to their players?

I didn't know the point of playing in the NBA was primarily to prove to NBA organizations and their fans that one can "rise to the challenge and win championships on inferior talent".

The Heat said the same thing when James left Cleveland to join them. "Why should LeBron stay in Cleveland when they couldn't get a good enough supporting cast around him?" Fair point, I can't disagree if that is how HE feels. The same should apply here as well, even if the Heat could have put up a decent team (without a PG and a C). The Heat won IN SPITE of not having a PG and C, because of LeBron James.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:29 AM

I just don't want to see Lebron jumping ship again in a few years with his followers saying he needed help. If he's sincere this time he needs to be sincere and commit. If this is his team in 2014, this should BE HIS TEAM.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:30 AM
I just don't want to see Lebron jumping ship again in a few years with his followers saying he needed help. If he's sincere this time he needs to be sincere and commit. If this is his team in 2014, this should BE HIS TEAM.

Would your issue be with the followers of LeBron James using that as an excuse (not having enough help) or because LeBron James is "jumping ship"? Or both? Explain.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:33 AM

Would your issue be with the followers of LeBron James using that as an excuse (not having enough help) or because LeBron James is "jumping ship"? Or both? Explain.

Easy.

Both.

Commit Lebron. No more excuses K?

atm the excuses are the legacy.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:39 AM
Easy.

Both.

If Lebron makes a declaration that he will commit for the rest of career to Cleveland, then I think he should commit too. I wouldn't hate him if he didn't, but I would hope that he would.

If he makes no such commitment, why is one expected from him? His only priority, in my opinion, should be to himself and to his family. If he wants to leave as soon as he can on his new Cav's contract, I think it's unfair to have an issue with him personally for it. Fans ask and expect way too much other from human-beings.

I agree with being annoyed at the LeBron followers if they give excuses for LeBron not winning. LeBron doesn't need any excuses for his past, present, and future short-comings in obtaining more championships. This just further reinforces my notion that fans expect/ask too much from players.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Easy.

Both.

If Lebron makes a declaration that he will commit for the rest of career to Cleveland, then I think he should commit too. I wouldn't hate him if he didn't, but I would hope that he would.

If he makes no such commitment, why is one expected from him? His only priority, in my opinion, should be to himself and to his family. If he wants to leave as soon as he can on his new Cav's contract, I think it's unfair to have an issue with him personally for it. Fans ask and expect way too much other from human-beings.

If he plays people's sentiment, which he has, he needs to respect those rules.

He STATES that he'll win 7 rings and leaves well short of that. He states that CLE is home.

Ok then, it's home. Win or lose, stick with that. Commit, Lebron.

Its good that he's home. Please prove it means something more than a speech written by a ghost writer at SI.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:44 AM

Regardless of LeBron playing or not playing people's sentiments, it is irrelevant of expectations for another human being. He is no one's slave, he owes no one anything. Those "rules" are arbitrarily created and completely unfounded. Where is this rulebook?

If he purposely "plays people's sentiments" I can better understand the disdain NBA fans might have on him, I just don't think he is doing that presently. I do, however, think he left Cleveland in a horrible fashion, which he owns up to/admits and has apologized for time and time again.

NYMetros
07-12-2014, 12:45 AM

I agree with being annoyed at the LeBron followers if they give excuses for LeBron not winning. LeBron doesn't need any excuses for his past, present, and future short-comings in obtaining more championships. This just further reinforces my notion that fans expect/ask too much from players.

I feel like this kind of is a commitment for the rest of his career. Just based off the letter, where he said it's bigger than basketball and is more about just trying to bring pride to and help out that area. I'll be very surprised if he leaves in 4 years.

As for the topic, I feel like I can root for him again. I've rooted against him ever since the Decision, so I'm glad that I can now root for the greatest player in the game.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:47 AM

Regardless of LeBron playing or not playing people's sentiments, it is irrelevant of expectations for another human being. He is no one's slave, he owes no one anything.

If he purposely "plays people's sentiments" I can better understand the disdain NBA fans might have on him, I just don't think he is doing that presently. I do, however, think he left Cleveland in a horrible fashion, which he owns up to/admits and has apologized for time and time again.

Good. Commit, Lebron. Prove it's not just pr.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 12:49 AM
I feel like this kind of is a commitment for the rest of his career. Just based off the letter, where he said it's bigger than basketball and is more about just trying to bring pride to and help out that area. I'll be very surprised if he leaves in 4 years.

As for the topic, I feel like I can root for him again. I've rooted against him ever since the Decision, so I'm glad that I can now root for the greatest player in the game.

That is a really good point. I can totally understand that perspective. For me, personally, I take it a peace offering to the fans he left and his desire to contend for his home state of Ohio. This is also an attempt to lessen the blow towards Heat fans. I wouldn't assume or presume he means this as a "I will retire here" essay, but I can see how typical fan that expects the world from a player would automatically assume and read into it this way. I mean no disrespect by saying any of this though.

Jenceman
07-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Got some points from me. Really like the move back to Cleveland. Balances the league out just a tiny bit too
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

ink
07-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Got some points from me. Really like the move back to Cleveland. Balances the league out just a tiny bit too
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Definitely glad to see the super team dead. Happy also to see that the lakers have been unable to buy teams this year. Maybe we finally have a mature league where rings aren't just purchased.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 01:08 AM

He STATES that he'll win 7 rings and leaves well short of that. He states that CLE is home.

Its good that he's home. Please prove it means something more than a speech written by a ghost writer.

You are not remembering correctly. He "predicted" winning x amount of championships but I don't think he was playing with people's sentiments. Further reinforcing my notion that fans expect way too much from players (winning 5 or 6 more championships to make the "prediction" of winning 7 or 8 true). He aimed high and fell short but not for a lack of trying. (aim small, miss small)

Huge difference in "predicting" and "STATING" (stating could be stretched into promising) he'll win x amount of rings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

theheatles
07-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Cheaper tickets at the American Airlines Arena

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Cheaper tickets at the American Airlines Arena

Hahaha, come on... :P

ink
07-12-2014, 01:17 AM

Its good that he's home. Please prove it means something more than a speech written by a ghost writer.

You are not remembering correctly. He "predicted" winning x amount of championships but I don't think he was playing with people's sentiments. Further reinforcing my notion that fans expect way too much from players (winning 5 or 6 more championships to make the "prediction" of winning 7 or 8 true). He aimed high and fell short but not for a lack of trying. (aim small, miss small)

Huge difference in "predicting" and "STATING" (stating could be stretched into promising) he'll win x amount of rings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

Semantics. He has one storyline in 2010, a new one in 2014.

Just stick to one lbj K?

Follow through.

flea
07-12-2014, 01:30 AM
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, okay just 2.

Teeboy1487
07-12-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm indifferent to Lebron. I'm not this person that is too high or too low on him. With that said, I respect him a great deal for going back to Cleveland and actually going through the process. Pairing up with his all stars buddies was such an insult to his legacy to me. I felt he could have won a ring without Bosh and Wade. He took the easy way instead of embracing the struggle and the journey. At the end of the day, SA proved that a cohesive team beats stacked talent any day of the week. I think Lebron realizes that now.

It's so much more gratifying winning a championship against all odds instead of being expected to win. I think going to Miami put too much pressure on even Lebron James. Not that he couldn't handle it but it's was too much expectation. To expect a guy to win a ring every year is simply impossible. Albeit, he put alot of pressure on himself with the arrogant not 1, not 2, etc...

As a Lakers fan, I embrace these hard times because if we can get back on top without being giftwrapped players, it would be that much more gratifying if we win. I wish more players would remain patient. Even the great Michael Jordan lost time and time again until he started to win.

I was so moved by Lebron's words and love for his city despite the "nasty divorce". For a guy to put his pride aside and go back was even more prideful in my eyes. I hope this move will influence current players to be prideful instead of taking the easy way. I have to say that I respect Lebron even more now and might even root for him.

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm hoping this brings an end to the pathetic trend of the "Big Three" for the entire NBA. The Celtics Big Three. The Miami Heat Big Three. I hope we can finally close the book once and for all on cherry picking NBA championships.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 01:35 AM

Just stick to one lbj K?

Follow through.

I don't think "stating", which as I said could be twisted into a promise, is any where near the same thing as predicting. It's definitely not semantics.

If I predict the San Antonio Spurs to repeat next season, I'm not "stating" with absolute certainty that they will repeat and/or promising a repeat. True or False?

ink
07-12-2014, 01:35 AM
I'm hoping this brings an end to the pathetic trend of the "Big Three" for the entire NBA. The Celtics Big Three. The Miami Heat Big Three. I hope we can finally close the book and an for all on cherry picking NBA championships.

This.

ink
07-12-2014, 01:40 AM

Just stick to one lbj K?

Follow through.

Sorry, I don't think "stating", which as I said could be twisted into a promise, is any where near the same thing as predicting.

If I predict the San Antonio Spurs to repeat next season, I'm not "stating" with absolute certainty that they will repeat. True or False?

Don't really care.

If he stands for anything, if he stands behind what he says, follow through.

DaBUU
07-12-2014, 02:31 AM
He righted a wrong, man'd up and apologized, I definitely gained some respect back.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Don't really care.

The content of what he said is what is in question, so in this sense, you should care. lol

You're saying he "stated" 7+ championships with the Heat and so he should follow through as opposed to him actually predicting (during a Heat welcome party of the big 3) that he sees them winning 7+ championships. I guess screw him for aiming high and not making a prediction come to fruition.

elwood12
07-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Not a Cavaliers fan, but very happy Lebron (https://vid.me/cKl) returned to Cleveland. Rather have him return to where he spent his first 7 years of his career. Bunch of people wanted this storybook ending, the Return of the King. Imagine if he wins a championship in Cleveland, he'd for sure cement his legacy and give the people of Cleveland something to cheer for.

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:20 AM
Not a Cavaliers fan, but very happy Lebron (https://vid.me/cKl) returned to Cleveland. Rather have him return to where he spent his first 7 years of his career. Bunch of people wanted this storybook ending, the Return of the King. Imagine if he wins a championship in Cleveland, he'd for sure cement his legacy and give the people of Cleveland something to cheer for.

I'm all for people feeling warm and fuzzy and being happy. However, in my opinion, emotional story lines should have no business in basketball legacies. To me, his dominance on the court, his versatility, his efficiency, etc... is what should be reviewed and put under a microscope... not the fact he returns home to Cleveland, not that he left Cleveland in 2010 to join a super team, nothing dealing with emotions equates to making someone better or worse as a talened NBA basketball player.

Having said that, my preference, too, was that he goes back to Cleveland (though I wouldn't lose any sleep if he resigned with the Miami Heat).

Redrum187
07-12-2014, 03:23 AM
He righted a wrong, man'd up and apologized, I definitely gained some respect back.

He definitely did "right a wrong" when he apologized for the way he left Cleveland in the form of "The Decision".

Him joining the Cavaliers is not writing a wrong (he already stated he'd have left again if he could do it over again in the essay). He could have stayed in Miami and "righted his wrong". I think many people don't comprehend this.

dodie53
07-12-2014, 09:00 AM
p.o.s.

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 09:28 AM
He definitely did "right a wrong" when he apologized for the way he left Cleveland in the form of "The Decision".

Him joining the Cavaliers is not writing a wrong (he already stated he'd have left again if he could do it over again in the essay). He could have stayed in Miami and "righted his wrong". I think many people don't comprehend this.

I don't think leaving Cleveland was righting a wrong though. They were unable to do much of anything to get him any parts that could be put together to help him win. How he left was wrong sure, leaving, nah.

Not sure if he wrote the statement or not. If the president of the US can't even write his own speeches, I wouldn't expect an NBA player to give an excellent voice to his thoughts either.

And on the 7 rings.. Yeah that was pretty dumb, but he wouldn't be the first to be excited and claim a win or title before it happened.

Cubs420
07-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Cleveland gets back LeBron, the biggest prize from the biggest draft in the past 15 years, and they get Wiggins, the biggest prize from the biggest draft since 2003. pretty insane really.

You can have Wiggins...Guy has overrated written all over him. If I was the Cavs, I would be shopping him around ASAP.

I still don't see how the Cavs are loaded...Irving is good, but the guy is always hurt. Bennett looks like he could be a huge bust, and I personally think Wiggins is going to be meh at best.

Cubs420
07-12-2014, 09:38 AM

The easiest route to win would have been him signing a one year deal with a team like the Spurs or Clippers.

flclfanman
07-12-2014, 09:44 AM
It means we need Melo to come to Chicago or we will be USDA Choice Dead Meat, especially if the Cavs deal for Love :sad2:

Cubs420
07-12-2014, 09:45 AM
it mean to Cleveland
http://www.veooz.com/photos/TGwWenp.html

That sig is ****ing awesome.

ink
07-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Don't really care.

The content of what he said is what is in question, so in this sense, you should care. lol

You're saying he "stated" 7+ championships with the Heat and so he should follow through as opposed to him actually predicting (during a Heat welcome party of the big 3) that he sees them winning 7+ championships. I guess screw him for aiming high and not making a prediction come to fruition.

You're missing the point which was figurative. I want follow through, want him to stick to what he claims is meaningful to him now even if his team fails to win.

Lebron, Melo, Kobe, Howard, Paul, Bosh, Love, any star in the league, I don't really care what they say. I'm not especially interested in the cult of the personality that dominates this league, just mean what you say and do what you say so we can get back to basketball.

Vinny642
07-12-2014, 10:37 AM
I love it for the fact that Miami is done

jmartin80
07-12-2014, 12:09 PM
This homecoming crap is so overblown. If that is where his heart was, he wouldn't have left in the first place. Does everyone really think he would go back to Cleveland if they didn't have all those picks handed to them?

When the going gets tough, run.

ink
07-12-2014, 12:21 PM
This homecoming crap is so overblown. If that is where his heart was, he wouldn't have left in the first place. Does everyone really think he would go back to Cleveland if they didn't have all those picks handed to them?

I don't know if it's surprising or not to see how fans are lapping up the homecoming story. Last time TV producers scripted it, this time an SI writer scripted it.

The question really is who is Lebron and does he really stand for anything? Will he follow through or will we see a new script again if he doesn't win his quota of rings?

ManningToTyree
07-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I disliked the way he did it but I hated him more for the fact that he went to Miami cuz I hate the heat (Knicks fan). I'm no longer a lebron hater because I don't view the Cavs as a rival

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 12:28 PM

Yeah, because you never can leave your hometown for a better job for a while. Just because Ditka spent some time in Dallas, didn't mean he didn't love Chicago.

And outside of Irving and maybe Wiggins, I don't see a lot of great guys there. They are maybe a .500 team in a really weak conference. The Pacers fell apart the 2nd half of the year, the Bulls were without their best player and Cleveland couldn't even remotely compete in their own division even. How is that the "easy path" to go to a team that even that has no shot at an NBA championship???

You are right, had they had nothing to offer but 4 years of complete inability to perform at an NBA level with no assets, I wouldn't blame him for not back going there.

If I am from Canada and work in cellular technologies, does it say I hate my home when I get a call from Blackberry and tell them sorry I'll be keeping my job with Apple or Samsung instead? He'd be an idiot to choose the worst career move possible "because he loves his home town". Jordan loved his home in North Carolina. Didn't mean he'd throw away championships to join an expansion team there though.

Chi StateOfMind
07-12-2014, 12:34 PM
That he is a homebody and I love it. He left a follower and came back home a true leader. Much respect for LBJ.

Shammyguy3
07-12-2014, 12:43 PM
I wonder if Lebron still would have left Miami for Cleveland this summer if the Heat beat the Spurs and 3-peated. Now THAT'S something I think we can all ponder about, and if the answer to that question is "Yes he still would have left" then Lebron going back home is genuine and I like it. If the answer is no, he would've stayed in MIA, then Lebron's simply doing exactly what he did in 2010 and still has yet to show loyalty to a franchise imo (to a community is different, but to the franchise itself nope)

jmartin80
07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah, because you never can leave your hometown for a better job for a while. Just because Ditka spent some time in Dallas, didn't mean he didn't love Chicago.

And outside of Irving and maybe Wiggins, I don't see a lot of great guys there. They are maybe a .500 team in a really weak conference. The Pacers fell apart the 2nd half of the year, the Bulls were without their best player and Cleveland couldn't even remotely compete in their own division even. How is that the "easy path" to go to a team that even that has no shot at an NBA championship???

You are right, had they had nothing to offer but 4 years of complete inability to perform at an NBA level with no assets, I wouldn't blame him for not back going there.

If I am from Canada and work in cellular technologies, does it say I hate my home when I get a call from Blackberry and tell them sorry I'll be keeping my job with Apple or Samsung instead? He'd be an idiot to choose the worst career move possible "because he loves his home town". Jordan loved his home in North Carolina. Didn't mean he'd throw away championships to join an expansion team there though.

I reread this several times and still really don't understand what point you are trying to make.

He left a 66 win team to join a super team. Joined the competition instead of beating them. I don't buy the homecoming stuff at all. When his new team shows weakness and gets blown out, he then leaves to join another team who just got 3 #1 overall picks in the last several years. With the youth along with young contracts, they have the pieces to once again build an amazing team around him while his old team was not looking good.

Do you really think he would have gone back to Cleveland if they did not have all those picks? Do you really think he would have gone back to Cleveland if the Heat did great in the finals last year and won?

If you do, fine. But I once again see him running. I have never seen a man so scared of competition.

JWO35
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
What it means for me: Nothing, I never met Lebron a day in my life and most likely never will.

What it means for my Team(Pistons): We will be battling the Bucks for the next few years to see who will finish last in the Central division.

My thoughts on LeBron James decision: Meh... I think it just solidifies that James bails every time the going gets tough(think he leaves if they 3peat ?), he's basically doing the exact same thing he did 4yrs ago but it's okay because it's his hometown.

Mell413
07-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm not seeing Cleveland as a stacked team like some others are. Cleveland has had some high picks recently but Kyrie is the really the only one they have hit on. Thompson might end up being serviceable. I like Wiggins but he's still unproven. If he wanted to chase rings he could have found better teams to play for.

Vampirate
07-12-2014, 01:41 PM
It means that if Wiggins is traded, the Raptors chances of landing Wiggins in the future just went up.

ldawg
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Love Lebron going back to Cavs. Miami went to the finals 4 straight years won two. coast to the finals only to loose. Three stars taking turns. I think it great for the game. Games in the east just got a whole lot better. It was like Mimi, Indy and ahhhhhhhh. Also loved Bosh remain in Miami so they can remain a contender rather than another super team in Houston. Spurs will be Spurs, Dallas improved, Blazers, Clippers, GSW, Houston, Toronto, Miami, Chicargo. Grizzles, Cavs, Thunder. Need to figure out how the get the two biggest markets relevant and the competition is back. I don't think super teams are good. Its good for them but not everyone else.

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I reread this several times and still really don't understand what point you are trying to make.

He left a 66 win team to join a super team. Joined the competition instead of beating them. I don't buy the homecoming stuff at all. When his new team shows weakness and gets blown out, he then leaves to join another team who just got 3 #1 overall picks in the last several years. With the youth along with young contracts, they have the pieces to once again build an amazing team around him while his old team was not looking good.

Do you really think he would have gone back to Cleveland if they did not have all those picks? Do you really think he would have gone back to Cleveland if the Heat did great in the finals last year and won?

If you do, fine. But I once again see him running. I have never seen a man so scared of competition.

He left a team that lost the most games of any major US sport in a row... EVER. The second he was no longer there to carry them they showed what the Cavs had spent 7 years building around Lebron.

He is joining the team that has won the fewest games in the NBA since he left there. The worst team in the league over the past 4 years is his destination, joining up with a GM who has 3 months experience in that position and a coach who has 0 games experience in the NBA as a head coach, assistant coach, scout, intern or waterboy, and you are saying he's doing it because they are such a desirable location.

Remind me of all those other stars pining to get there that Cleveland was telling no to because of their great situation. You know, when Melo scheduled his trip to Cleveland and they had to tell him, "hold off, we want to talk to James first". Or when Love was begging the Twolves to trade him there. Or Bosh and Wade's visit there. Weren't they on Dwight's list last year but Houston just got lucky. If you think it was such a good "amazing team", why didn't any other star want to go there?

He joined the competition sure. Bird and Magic played with what? 9 or 10 other HOFers on their teams. So what? They took the easy road, instead of going out and winning rings with a franchise that didn't serve everything up to them on a silver platter. It's sports, this happens all the time. He made the best decision for him to win. I don't look at my buddy working for a company about to go under and say he's doing it right because he's fighting to win, and I am in a fortune 500 company doing it the easy way.

But who out there is looking at Miami today and saying that is a super team with Wade and Bosh. Nobody. They were a super team because of Lebron. It wasn't like he joined a title contending group there.

No I don't think he would have gone to Cleveland had they not had a possibility for a good future. But he is while no other star has even thought of scheduling a visit there. They are still a team that won 33 games in the weakest conference possibly EVER in basketball. He isn't joining a super team.

If he went to the Clippers or Rockets on a deal you'd say he was going to a super team. If he took less to go to the Bulls, it would be a travesty. If he joined the Lakers it was to join a super franchise. You can put on jaded glasses and say that about any team you want. Oh no he went to the 76ers! Noel and Embiid would have been #1's and will be healthy soon, and MCW should have been #1. 3 guys to build around better than Cleveland. Oh no he went to Sacramento with 6 straight years of top 7 picks. Oh no, he went to Charlotte, with Napier AND Vonleh this year, Walker, Kidd-Gilchrist and Zeller plus Al Jefferson. Or you know.. teams that actually won 35 or more games.

jmartin80
07-12-2014, 02:37 PM
He left a team that lost the most games of any major US sport in a row... EVER. The second he was no longer there to carry them they showed what the Cavs had spent 7 years building around Lebron.

He is joining the team that has won the fewest games in the NBA since he left there. The worst team in the league over the past 4 years is his destination, joining up with a GM who has 3 months experience in that position and a coach who has 0 games experience in the NBA as a head coach, assistant coach, scout, intern or waterboy, and you are saying he's doing it because they are such a desirable location.

Remind me of all those other stars pining to get there that Cleveland was telling no to because of their great situation. You know, when Melo scheduled his trip to Cleveland and they had to tell him, "hold off, we want to talk to James first". Or when Love was begging the Twolves to trade him there. Or Bosh and Wade's visit there. Weren't they on Dwight's list last year but Houston just got lucky. If you think it was such a good "amazing team", why didn't any other star want to go there?

He joined the competition sure. Bird and Magic played with what? 9 or 10 other HOFers on their teams. So what? They took the easy road, instead of going out and winning rings with a franchise that didn't serve everything up to them on a silver platter. It's sports, this happens all the time. He made the best decision for him to win. I don't look at my buddy working for a company about to go under and say he's doing it right because he's fighting to win, and I am in a fortune 500 company doing it the easy way.

But who out there is looking at Miami today and saying that is a super team with Wade and Bosh. Nobody. They were a super team because of Lebron. It wasn't like he joined a title contending group there.

No I don't think he would have gone to Cleveland had they not had a possibility for a good future. But he is while no other star has even thought of scheduling a visit there. They are still a team that won 33 games in the weakest conference possibly EVER in basketball. He isn't joining a super team.

If he went to the Clippers or Rockets on a deal you'd say he was going to a super team. If he took less to go to the Bulls, it would be a travesty. If he joined the Lakers it was to join a super franchise. You can put on jaded glasses and say that about any team you want. Oh no he went to the 76ers! Noel and Embiid would have been #1's and will be healthy soon, and MCW should have been #1. 3 guys to build around better than Cleveland. Oh no he went to Sacramento with 6 straight years of top 7 picks. Oh no, he went to Charlotte, with Napier AND Vonleh this year, Walker, Kidd-Gilchrist and Zeller plus Al Jefferson. Or you know.. teams that actually won 35 or more games.

We will just have to agree to disagree. Let's wait and see how the Cavs team full of early picks does. Especially since they can still make some trades etc.

I will use my jaded glasses while you use your rose tinted lenses. I am guessing you are one of those who when Lebron loses, it is because there isn't enough talent around him but when he wins you say he makes everyone else play better.

To each their own.

South Side Sox
07-12-2014, 02:47 PM
It just goes to show Lebron is not loyal at all. Funny how they just forget about how Lebron did them, but when you're as desperate as Cleveland for a winning team, I guess that goes out the window

slashsnake
07-12-2014, 02:59 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree. Let's wait and see how the Cavs team full of early picks does. Especially since they can still make some trades etc.

I will use my jaded glasses while you use your rose tinted lenses. I am guessing you are one of those who when Lebron loses, it is because there isn't enough talent around him but when he wins you say he makes everyone else play better.

To each their own.

No, not really, though they did lose last year because the Spurs had a lot more talent than Miami. He was a bigger part in their first finals loss vs. Dallas though. Cleveland the first time around obviously was devoid of talent with him, but he had a lot of growing up to do as well.

I just don't see Cleveland as an obvious great choice to be a great team without Lebron. With the ability to add a max player and zero stars wanting to end up there outside of Lebron, I think the NBA elite view it the same way.

Yeah it has some promise for sure, but not much guaranteed. But lets be honest, if Cleveland wasn't where Lebron grew up, this would never have been a topic, just like it wasn't for anyone else in free agency. That's why I do buy the homecoming.

emman03
07-12-2014, 03:04 PM
no hate to lebron i respect the man and his decision but this move means to me that he is a really coward dan gilbert is right once again lebron proved to world that he is a coward he is the cousin of dwight howard he is no lebron coward

p.s. coming back home is just his alibi the real thing is he saw d-wade aging and pat cant get a good quality role players to back up them he saw in his home they have a lot of talent that why he said not now because they still young he will teach them to get the trophy for his homies it means he is a coward

theheatles
07-12-2014, 03:31 PM
LeBron said he wanted a max deal, so most likely he'll sign a max deal with Miami in sign and trade and Miami will get their 1st rd picks back?

South Side Sox
07-12-2014, 04:20 PM
no hate to lebron i respect the man and his decision but this move means to me that he is a really coward dan gilbert is right once again lebron proved to world that he is a coward he is the cousin of dwight howard he is no lebron coward

p.s. coming back home is just his alibi the real thing is he saw d-wade aging and pat cant get a good quality role players to back up them he saw in his home they have a lot of talent that why he said not now because they still young he will teach them to get the trophy for his homies it means he is a coward

I wouldn't say coward but more move on his legacy as the next Micheal Jordan as he wore his number starting in Cleveland. Media is driving this guy for his legacy to have equal amounts of rings before his career ends as MJ, and Kobie Bryant and you are right he sees coming home as the best shot to win 2-3 more rings.

Sanjay
07-12-2014, 08:16 PM
I respect LeBron more now for having the courage to return to Cleveland, a city in which Cavaliers fans burned his jersey when he left four years ago. His letter to Sports Illustrated showed he has learnt from the manner in which he handled The Decision in 2010, however this does not completely take away from the fact he abandoned his team four years ago. I always respected James as a great player, but not always as a person.

Bostonjorge
07-12-2014, 08:44 PM
James went to Cleveland because that's his best chance to win titles. With no trades his young team can make the finals. I mean James just destroyed the east easily by himself. Once they get to the finals and lose the young players will grow and work to eliminate that pain. Get better and stronger like the young guys in San Antonio.

Cleveland can add love which I believe James knew the 1st pick could easily get. Love never made the playoffs. So love will sacrifice and play his heart out to finally get there and win.

I'm split 50/50 on James in Cleveland. Melo or any top 5 player would of never went to Cleveland even tho they have 3 #1 picks on there team. So for me James gets some love for going back. It's just hard for me to ignore the whole 3 #1 on the team thing for now.

ldawg
07-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Lebron is the man he don't do what other think he should or want he to do. I have my respect. He is doing things his way not following the foot step of others.