PDA

View Full Version : For everyone who hates on the Decision

jkcronyn
07-10-2014, 08:36 PM
This past week I've just been thinking about all the people on here who are upset with how "Lebron is dragging this out" (it's really been the media milking it), but in 2010 when he came out to shut all the noise down with his TV special, he still caught a lot of ****.

The man's in a no win situation and no matter the decision he makes, another TV special in the last 5 days to clear this all up would have been fine with me. Especially with donations made to reputable charities.

Anyone else feel similarly/anyone who knocked the Decision feel differently about it after watching the media circus this year?

0nekhmer
07-10-2014, 08:40 PM
I honestly hate he media the most, and then the idiots who follow each and every little thing like it's fact. People are actually camping outside lebrons house in Cleveland? Like wtf

nastynice
07-10-2014, 08:51 PM
The entire thing is stupid. Players used to know who they were, who they got along with, and what they wanted. They would come to terms with teams very quickly and more often than not would have things in writing as soon as allowed.

This whole let me hear this teams pitch vs that teams pitch, wtf is going on man?? I can't say who's fault it is, the player, or the media, but damn, just man up already and go about your business. Maybe its fair, maybe its unfair, I really don't know, but this whole situation is making lebron look like a princess again. Maybe its just what happens when people are so involved with social media and self image, they start turning into divas.

jerellh528
07-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Orrrr, he could just make up his damn mind and not make a big deal of it like countless nba players in history. Lowry for example.

0nekhmer
07-10-2014, 08:57 PM
The entire thing is stupid. Players used to know who they were, who they got along with, and what they wanted. They would come to terms with teams very quickly and more often than not would have things in writing as soon as allowed.

This whole let me hear this teams pitch vs that teams pitch, wtf is going on man?? I can't say who's fault it is, the player, or the media, but damn, just man up already and go about your business. Maybe its fair, maybe its unfair, I really don't know, but this whole situation is making lebron look like a princess again. Maybe its just what happens when people are so involved with social media and self image, they start turning into divas.

Lebron couldn't handle this situation any better because, he hasn't actually said anything to the media. But I'll agree this league is really turning into a players league. Look at Houston, how pathetic they looked putting melo on billboard, his picture with a championship, and even disrespecting lin in the process. If people treat you with royalty, usually you'll go along with it. So i don't blame these guys at all.

nastynice
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Love the guy as a basketball player, don't get me wrong, but geez man, how unconfident are you of yourself that you need to take all this time to figure what exact situation is the best and right situation for you. Its basketball, get over it. If he has such little confidence in himself, it kinda makes me question is he really someone as great as the media makes him out to be? If you're supposed to be on the mount rushmore of bball players, then play the game and have a team built around you, rather than waiting for someone to tip the scales in the exact right position so you can try and have success.

The guy's probably got some kinda "beautiful mind" type brainstorm going on in his basement, trying to figure out which organizations gonna help him the most in order to win.

0nekhmer
07-10-2014, 08:59 PM
The entire thing i
[QUOTE=jerellh528;28765910]Orrrr, he could just make up his damn mind and not make a big deal of it like countless nba players in history. Lowry for example.

The thing is, neither lebron, melo or anyone made a big deal out of it. It's the media and you following it that's making it a big thing. Melo and lebron haven't said one word to the media.

nastynice
07-10-2014, 09:00 PM
oh, my bad, as far as op, this is not even close to as bad as the decision tho. Would rather take this 100x over the decision, that was just one of the worst ideas in the history of sports.

JNA17
07-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Orrrr, he could just make up his damn mind and not make a big deal of it like countless nba players in history. Lowry for example.

Pretty much this.

And please can we stop with the donations crap? Aka "the easiest thing a rich person can do ever to cover up their BS antics".

0nekhmer
07-10-2014, 09:01 PM
They better make their announcement today or soon though, if it keeps dragging on, it'll just make them look worse.

nastynice
07-10-2014, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=nastynice;28765885]The entire thing i

The thing is, neither lebron, melo or anyone made a big deal out of it. It's the media and you following it that's making it a big thing. Melo and lebron haven't said one word to the media.

Yea, the media's definitely got the bigger role in this thing. It might be completely unfair to the players to hold it against them. But seriously, when has free agency become like nominating homecoming queen, like wtf is up with all this??

and good point about lin, that was just stupid. Completely classless. Seeing an owner do some crap like that, why should we sit here and hold players to such a higher standard, always saying they should be loyal and all that crap

Dade County
07-10-2014, 09:02 PM
I honestly hate he media the most, and then the idiots who follow each and every little thing like it's fact. People are actually camping outside lebrons house in Cleveland? Like wtf

I've been trying for like 7 days now, I think people like when they are being manipulated. I just don't understand.

And the people that feed it, all ways have a motive, they just don't want to believe it or accept it.

X12Celtics3
07-10-2014, 09:03 PM
The decision was stupid, but it has nothing to do with the time frame... it's stupid because he created that media circus and handled his departure from Cleveland in the most immature, disrespectful way he possibly could have.

This off-season has been awful, but it's totally on the media this time. He has every right to take as long as he needs to to make what he feels is the right choice, and he shouldn't be blamed for the rest of the league waiting on him. He hasn't made any dumb comments this off-season, no glamorous spectacle or absurd championship guarantees... yet, anyway.

nastynice
07-10-2014, 09:04 PM
If people treat you with royalty, usually you'll go along with it. So i don't blame these guys at all.

yea, agreed. Treat lebron like a princess, and now all of a sudden everyone's surprised that he's acting like one. I guess its just a side effect of being so connected through twitter or whatever

NBA_Starter
07-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I'd take a Decision at all at this point.

nastynice
07-10-2014, 09:09 PM

I coulda sworn I had read something earlier about lebron going to make a decision at 3:30 cuz that's the area code in cleveland. lol, **** is turning into some borderline conspiracy ****. Next we're gonna hear he's gonna make a decision at 1800 hours, cuz that's how many hairs he has on his ***. some of these journalists got no shame man, lol

Lo Porto
07-10-2014, 09:10 PM
The Decision raised millions for charity. People forget that. I think LBJ is doing this on purpose. He is just showing everybody that people get pissed even when he says and does nothing.

Muttman73
07-10-2014, 09:23 PM
**** no, this is LeBron, look at me Diva central all over again, enough with the waiting, make your ****ing decision and move on

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Honestly Cavs fans shouldn't really care this time if he comes or not. When Lebron rejected them in 2010 they were left with crap on their roster...this time they have a future of Irving/Wiggins/Waiters/Thompson/Bennett to look forward to.

verceroth
07-10-2014, 09:29 PM
if after all this he said "i'm staying in Miami", it would be the biggest middle finger to Gilbert and the cavs fans who hated him so much for leaving the first time. :laugh:

Jarvo
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
I didn't mind The Decision at all but Lebron needs to make a choice already because he's playing with folks money (Bosh) I know it isn't his fault how all the top names haven't all fell in place but cmon man! And Melo is acting like Howard with his changing his mind every second.

NBA_Starter
07-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Melo is worst of all with the flip flopping.

ohreally
07-10-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm no Riley fan, and his rant was self-serving, as well as a knock on Ray Allen, but he was still right.

Okay, maybe LeBron going back to Cleveland would be accepted by many as his making amends, but really, if he leaves Miami for anywhere now, he's a twit--worse really but trying to be nice.

Just suck it up already and live with your first decision. You lost as much as your team did, and you've been in the finals four years straight. Where is there a decision needed? How do you hang your teammates out to dry while you consider your options? Working too hard? You're the alpha dog of the league...comes with the territory, and you insist on it anyway. Just man up and reup and reap what you've sowed.

ink
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
The Decision raised millions for charity. People forget that.

How could that be forgotten? That point gets made in threads like this every time. If a player wants to donate to charity just do it. Spare us the TV show.

The Flash
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
did you see Bosh playing with the pinguins today in Dubai? He didnt look worried about Bron playing with his money

ink
07-10-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm no Riley fan, and his rant was self-serving, as well as a knock on Ray Allen, but he was still right.

Okay, maybe LeBron going back to Cleveland would be accepted by many as his making amends, but really, if he leaves Miami for anywhere now, he's a twit--worse really but trying to be nice.

Just suck it up already and live with your first decision. You lost as much as your team did, and you've been in the finals four years straight. Where is there a decision needed? How do you hang your teammates out to dry while you consider your options? Working too hard? You're the alpha dog of the league...comes with the territory, and you insist on it anyway. Just man up and reup and reap what you've sowed.

+1

Jarvo
07-10-2014, 10:38 PM

Now he's thinking about going to The Bulls :laugh:

Jarvo
07-10-2014, 10:43 PM

This, And for the fact I just think Cleveland sport teams are cursed :hide: just resign with The Heat and try and do what The Spurs did comeback stronger and win.

Avenged
07-10-2014, 10:46 PM

Now he's thinking about going to The Bulls :laugh:

Wonder how much it has to do with the media moreso than Melo or anyone else flip flopping.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-10-2014, 10:47 PM
I didn't mind The Decision at all but Lebron needs to make a choice already because he's playing with folks money (Bosh) I know it isn't his fault how all the top names haven't all fell in place but cmon man! And Melo is acting like Howard with his changing his mind every second.

Bosh is such a *****. Either re-sign in Miami for less or take the damn money Houston has on the table for you. He should feel fortunate to have a contending team be able offer him a max contract when you know your own team won't. "BUT I WANNA PLAY WITH LEBRON MOMMY!"...be a ****ing man, you have 2 rings, take that experience and share it with Harden and Howard and create something special in Houston AND get paid. I hope the Rockets move on and take the money off the table.

ColtsSpursTerps
07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Pretty much this.

And please can we stop with the donations crap? Aka "the easiest thing a rich person can do ever to cover up their BS antics".

This needs to be stickied or something. Or included in a stickied top 10 list of biggest cliche killers

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
did you see Bosh playing with the pinguins today in Dubai? He didnt look worried about Bron playing with his money

I didn't know there were penguins in Dubai.

KobeOwnSU
07-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I didn't know there were penguins in Dubai.

There isn't but there is pinguins.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Chris Bosh trying to rediscover his dinosaur-self. Visiting zoos and all that good wild nature stuff.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-10-2014, 10:56 PM
So this is what it's come down to..we're talking about "pinguins" in Dubai :laugh2:

I hate these NBA players

VladTheImpaler
07-10-2014, 11:08 PM
The decision was stupid, but it has nothing to do with the time frame... it's stupid because he created that media circus and handled his departure from Cleveland in the most immature, disrespectful way he possibly could have.

This off-season has been awful, but it's totally on the media this time. He has every right to take as long as he needs to to make what he feels is the right choice, and he shouldn't be blamed for the rest of the league waiting on him. He hasn't made any dumb comments this off-season, no glamorous spectacle or absurd championship guarantees... yet, anyway.

Agreed about The Decision. His heart might've been in the right place, I'm guessing it wasn't his idea and ESPN pitched it with the charity aspect, but he didn't think it through. Looking back, I think I could've stomached it a little more if he would've told Gilbert he was leaving, but even then, it was just a bad move.

As for now, absolutely it's his right to take his time, and this is all on the media. Although, it definitely has dragged out. Even with hearing pitches, that can be done in a day or two, and he's probably taken a lot more time that necessary to do this. That's much more of a disservice to the league, as opposed to the fans, though.

bklynny67
07-10-2014, 11:10 PM
He's known his destination for a while I'm sure. He likes the spotlight. That much has always been clear. He's a pansy.

NFLNBA
07-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Couldn't have said it better. He is garbage juice. To me his career is taking a big hit at how he is getting his rings.

Jarvo
07-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Wonder how much it has to do with the media moreso than Melo or anyone else flip flopping.

A part of me truly thinks Melo is hoping Bosh signs with Houston so he can go to Miami even though that makes zero sense, But if he wants to stay in NY just say so.

NYSpirit1
07-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Melo and LeBron are single handedly screwing every other player in the league right now.

How? The crap they are pulling right now will infuriate owners going into the 2017 CBA expiration. We're going to be headed for another lockout. Book it.

Players have way too much control if two guys are twiddling their thumbs and putting the whole league on hold because they're worse than two women picking out wardrobe.

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Jesus... Players can't even take their time to decide the next 3-4 years of their lives? Give them a break. They have their family to think of and endorsements as well.

tdg823
07-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Pretty much this.

^This x10 See Sterling, Donald

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Jesus... Players can't even take their time to decide the next 3-4 years of their lives? Give them a break. They have their family to think of and endorsements as well.

Are you serious?? You think these divas don't know what their options are before free agency? There's a reason they have these opt-out clauses because they know exactly what their options will be 2-3 years down the line..and all of a sudden it's taking them more than a week to make a decision.

nastynice
07-11-2014, 12:10 AM
if after all this he said "i'm staying in Miami", it would be the biggest middle finger to Gilbert and the cavs fans who hated him so much for leaving the first time. :laugh:

I think he's kinda backed himself into a corner.

On one hand, he allowed d wade to opt out of his contract. If he doesn't resign in miami, that would be a pretty ***** move on his part, screwing over his teammate.

On the other hand, seems his camp has told cleveland to start making moves to make cap space. If he doesn't sign there, its like he kinda had them make moves to accomodate him and then leave them high and dry again.

I don't know what the details are exactly, but I sure hope the two things I listed aren't accurate, or there's more to it than we know, cuz if not it seems like kinda a ***** move to one of the two

jsthornton7
07-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 54s
This is getting very interesting. Definitely not at 85 pct for Cavs anymore :)