PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see Kevin Durant ending up?

FriedTofuz
07-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Thought there were too many Lebron/Melo rumors and found it refreshing to discuss this topic.
With how competitive the west is, unless OKC makes a significant move, they will NOT be able to win it all, especially not being able to beat SA and have very few moves to make tht can help them with little cap space unless they get Gasol somehow.

My question is, If KD cant win a championship by 16, do you see him exploring Free agency?
As great of a team as OKC said, they are in a conference so fierce that a contender who could win it all may experience a bad matchup and get knocked out. For example, Houston matched up very well against SA in the regular season and it was known that they could pose problems to SA in the playoffs, but Portland ended up eliminating them.

I can see KD going to an Eastern conference team as it would be significantly easier to get to the NBA Finals ( miami has done it 4x in 4 years, nuff said). Problem is he wouldnt get as much money compared to if he stayed in OKC.

WHat do you end up seeing KD do? I think a lot of teams would want to clear cap space and attempt to go after him compared to clearing cap space for marginal decent players who have limited All star potential. WE all know that the best of the best players play in the finals. Since '08 it has been a finals of either Kobe or Lebron appearing, and if KD goes to the right team, it can even be KD continuing in the finals.

Gibby23
07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Okc

goingfor28
07-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Okc

Shareeb_omac2
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I've had suspicions that he will consider the Wizards. He's from DC and is always repping his home town. He was asked about playing for his home town team and kind of beat around the bush with the question. Plug him into a lineup of Wall, Beal, Durant, PF, Gortat... Pretty nasty lineup.

MiamiBoy77
07-10-2014, 01:37 PM
I've had suspicions that he will consider the Wizards. He's from DC and is always repping his home town. He was asked about playing for his home town team and kind of beat around the bush with the question. Plug him into a lineup of Wall, Beal, Durant, PF, Gortat... Pretty nasty lineup.

posted this is the 2016 FA thread.

Dade County
07-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Knicks, HEAT, or Bulls.

In that order.

Midnightbottle
07-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Spain

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 01:38 PM
And this is a year bit too early.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Knicks, HEAT, or Bulls.

In that order.

Haha why HEAT? :laugh2:

sixer04fan
07-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Philly

Midnightbottle
07-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Haha why HEAT? :laugh2:

I think HEAT should have like five !!!!! after it.

Gibby23
07-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Philly

Spain has a better chance

P&GRealist
07-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Okc

KnicksorBust
07-10-2014, 01:48 PM
My gut says he's a Tim Duncan lifer in OKC. First of all, his low-key persona fits that one-team career. Second, the key component to a star player wanting to leave is the fear that they can't compete for a title and with Westbrook/Ibaka, Durant will always be in position to win a championship.

xnick5757
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Lakers most likely. I think the allure of playing for them (along with the fact that Love might be there as will) will be a huge draw for him. Also, LA is willing to spend (whereas OKC has shown they don't really want to).

Don't forget, Kobe will probably be gone and the lakers wont really have anyone. Going from Seattle -> OKC - LA might just be too big for him to resist.

king4day
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Probably: OKC

Hopefully: Phoenix :)

Maybe: Washington

RealLiveBear
07-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Toronto, Read some of his Interviews he has said before growing up he idolized VC and wanted to play for the Raptors. Plus the only way i'd really be okay with him leaving OKC is by coming to Canada so thats my guess.

Tmath
07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
I honestly believe Toronto or Washington.

Mr.B
07-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Dallas

joeyc77
07-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Why? If Embiid is healthy and he and Noel develop, it's quite plausible.

joeyc77
07-10-2014, 02:21 PM
He probably returns to OKC.

If he leaves...

Lakers
Sixers
Celtics

elledaddy
07-10-2014, 02:21 PM
When is Westbrook a FA, I think he would be better FOR NY than Durant would

Burkey3472
07-10-2014, 02:22 PM
As of right now I'd say he stays with OKC. The Wizards are certainly an interesting choice though because he was from that area.

KINGBAIZE
07-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I honestly believe Toronto or Washington.

... KD is definitely gonna be the wise player and choose to come to Chicago if Melo passes on the option. He knows that the rest of our team is balanced, and he can focus mainly on scoring. With Rose and K. Durant, we would be a dynasty no doubt, with Noah and Taj downlow.

[B]Bulls 2015 season....
SICK!

D. Rose
J. Butler
K. Durant
T. Gibson
J. Noah

DJ Augustine
T. Snell
D. McDourmette
N. Mirotic
P. Gasol

astonmartin10
07-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Its obvious Toronto.

Seriously though I think he stays in OKC

FriedTofuz
07-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I personally would cross of Philly. They're not developing a good culture with all the tanking and losing and there's no reason to believe that the youth will put it together that quickly, emiid is at least 2 HEALTHY seasons from proving his worth.

With that said, those big markets like Chicago or NY have a chance, but NY has Carmelo so I dont get how Melo and Durant would fit.

I think Toronto and Durant's hometown of washington have a good chance if Durant leaves OKC.Particularly washington cus they will likely have cap space during '16 and the SF spot is a need for the wizards . Who wouldnt want to play on their hometown?

I cant think of Durant going to miami cus lebron is there and likely not for long,

joeyc77
07-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Double Post.

FriedTofuz
07-10-2014, 02:48 PM
If Durant leaves ,it'd probably be an Eastern Conference team. If the celtics get Kevin love and keep rondo, I could see them making a run at KD as well.

shep33
07-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Homer in me obviously says Lakers. Just cause Kobe will be gone and we'll have max space for a couple of stars.

Plus maybe Randle turns into a great player on a cheap deal, so we'll see. I want Russy in LA.

FriedTofuz
07-10-2014, 02:58 PM
I personally do not see Durant staying in the west.
I dont see why he'd go to a team like Dallas, who'd he pair up with, a past his prime dirk? he'd have a better chance with OKC than with Dallas. As for LA, I think he could go the lakers like shep said, if Randle shows some promise. It could be a young upcoming team depending on if the lakers miss out on melo and still end up in the lottery. So Durant to LA is possible, but unlikely. I dont see any other WC team having a shot at him really.

Bulls, Celtics, Wizards, Raptors, & Knicks seem like the best possibilities. Celtics( if they get K.Love)

FriedTofuz
07-10-2014, 02:58 PM
oh and add Phoneix, with their youth and continued improvement, they should definitely be in the conversation if durant signs with a western conference team.

Rockice_8
07-10-2014, 02:59 PM
WAS will have a chance if they keep their space open. They may have to pay Ariza/Nene/etc, they just signed Gotat. They are building a nice team over there and the chance of KD might not be the way to go. They will probably be trying to compete and not have enough cap to get KD come 2016.

LA and BK are my two top picks for him. Both will have practically nothing on their rosters come 2016 (BK may dump D-Will prior to 2016 and if not he a large expiring) and both are proven spenders. They'll be the frontrunners IMO.

MJL80
07-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Nyk.

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 03:06 PM
It Can't Be Me, This THREAD Must Be Confused!
What a disappointment (hehe). I was SO sure this was gonna be a thread about where KD ends up HISTORICALLY on the NBA GOAT List. Barring a career-damaging injury in the next 3 years; GOAT Top 10, almost guaranteed - just needs to keep on KD-ing & add a bit of post-season hardware for his trophy case.

It Can't This Thread, It Must Be ME That's Confused!
KD needs two key pieces: an elite PG (Westy, for example; who I was the "first" to pick for next season's MVP with that "demon" speed on both sides of the ball; and with KD's help - after all, he already got "his"); and an elite big (to handle the boards and banging; Ibaka, with just some natural development/improvement ?). In other words, OKC !

Like others have said, winning in the West is a real crap-shoot; being on a perennial challenger is his best bet to, at least occasionally, break on thru (to the other side - Morrison).

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Whoa Nellie,
There's more PSDers browsing this thread than in the early minutes of the Play-Off games! wowza

Silent
07-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Okc Raptors

kozelkid
07-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Knicks, HEAT, or Bulls.

In that order.

Once Lebron leaves, no star is going to go to the Heat for a LONG time. Only reason they got the big 3 was because of Wade. With now a declining Wade, that team probably has very little interest for most stars. I mean aside from weather, what exactly does Miami have? Terrible fanbase, not a big market, nor the African American population that say cities like Houston, Chicago, NY, etc. do.

NYKNYGNYY
07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Bk or Toronto

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Once Lebron leaves, no star is going to go to the Heat for a LONG time. Only reason they got the big 3 was because of Wade. With now a declining Wade, that team probably has very little interest for most stars. I mean aside from weather, what exactly does Miami have? Terrible fanbase, not a big market, nor the African American population that say cities like Houston, Chicago, NY, etc. do.

Hey kozelkid,
This strikes me as a bit WAY too simplistic an analysis (there's a number of other (more) important factors than just the ones you bring up: franchise-history, especially recent; quality of the GM and coach; opportunity to play first-string; size of the contract offer; having / not having friends / enemies on the bench with you; where your (ex-) wife/kids live; strength/weakness of the Conference (right now the LEastern Conf. is in HISTORICALLY the 2nd weakest period EVER for either conference). Etc.

Ty Fast
07-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Mavs or Rockets

Flogger
07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
He's going to take the vet minimum so he can join Lebron, Melo, Bosh and Wade in Miami to form the big five because everybody will take a discount to play there. ~ Heat Fans

slashsnake
07-10-2014, 04:42 PM
depends... it is a good market. Wade wasn't elite when Shaq chose there for the next chapter of his career. Good place to be if you are going to be spending a winter playing basketball somewhere, nice franchise, no state taxes. Not LA or NY, but I could see a star heading there. Personally I see durant heading to LA or NY most likely if he doesn't get a ring soon in OKC

Kashmir13579
07-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Okc

sixer04fan
07-10-2014, 04:52 PM

So you're saying there's a chance

Gibby23
07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
So you're saying there's a chance

Haha. Im not going to lie, Noel is looking good and I cant wait to see him and Embiid in 2015-2016. Nobody will be able to score at the rim.

RowBTrice
07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
"Miami because we're a top franchise and top destination and the 3rd biggest/best market in the NBA."

...........says every delusional Miami heat fan.

TheNumber37
07-10-2014, 05:00 PM
No one thinks Houston? The guy played at Texas and Harden and Howard are there... Rockets would dump whoever in a heartbeat...

If not, I seem him putting a younger team over the top... How bout the pelicans in two years... Or Phili. To play with twin towers

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:45 AM
houston off the list after they signed ariza.
Dallas will have nothing but an aging dirk.

washington's move to pierce for 2 years puts them to have space for washington.
He's likely washington bound.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 03:47 AM
BK? TO build around what? Lopez and no draft picks?
NY? TO join Melo and a bunch of other players who take a paycut to fill out roaster spots?
CHI? this one is possible, they will the cap space in 2016 and a hole to fill at the SF spot. I dont know if it is too possible depending on how Rose is. We'll see this upcoming season.
LA? Possible, but unlikely, Why? To join Kobe after he's aged this long and then have the lakers build around him? Kevin durant will be 27, perhaps it's time to join a team that's established and a big market instead of hoping that they build around him. I think the lakers dont havem uch of a shot.

Dallas, Houston are off the list.

Realistically, the team that combines Top market + upcoming with young talent would be the raptors.
They have 2 all star players (derozan + lowry) and their bigman Jonas Valancuinas is coming along.

However, so does Washington, and infact, they have greater potential than toronto with both Beal and Wall being younger than derozan and lowry and who have more potential to be even better players. They're also Durant's hometown.

As much as I'd like KD to join the raptors, Washington is probably the ideal choice.

All other East teams (Orlando, sixers) you have young talent, but they've not proven anything and are not established and there are just better scenarios for Durant.
[

3ballbomber
07-13-2014, 04:12 AM
bad topic. how are we talking about Durant leaving when he's only just getting things going in OKC. I can see a player as competitive as Durant retire in the same team that drafted him.

east fb knicks
07-13-2014, 04:15 AM
bad topic. how are we talking about Durant leaving when he's only just getting things going in OKC. I can see a player as competitive as Durant retire in the same team that drafted him.

rhymeratic
07-13-2014, 06:32 AM
He will be a Knick. Trust me

Asik's better
07-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Okc

Hotone1401
07-13-2014, 06:57 AM
I know the Lakers are going to go hard after him but I get the feeling the guy is too loyal to leave that city and their fans. You can't do anything but respect a man even if he never wins a ring.

JWO35
07-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Why would he leave, his only competition is an aging Spurs team... once Duncan retires OKC will rule the Western Conference, as long as Ibaka & Westbrook are still there, there's no reason to leave. KD doesn't seem like the one to go ring chasing especially if he's already on a contending team.

TL;DR: OKC

DR_1
07-13-2014, 07:33 AM
Okc

Crackadalic
07-13-2014, 07:43 AM
okc i don't see him playing anywhere else

kobe4thewinbang
07-13-2014, 09:21 AM
LOL, way too early for this. If Westbrook's crazy butt gets traded finally, I could see Durant sticking around in OKC.

Others:

Raptors, Wizards, Lakers (why not?)

siix
07-13-2014, 09:26 AM
pretty obvious he will go to toronto or washington based on his interviews in the past.

BoSox47
07-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Celtics. In 2016 celtics will have ability to sign i think 3 max contracts. Unless signing Bradley to the 4 year extention killed that.

Wade n Fade
07-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Toronto. He was HS teammates with Vazquez and grew up rooting for Toronto. Hell, if Vince Carter is around by then, both will play in Toronto. Lowry, T-Ross, Derozan, J-Val as your core helps. Carbacio can be a Luol Deng, Toronto will be a title contender in no time.

cmellofan15
07-13-2014, 09:32 AM
the team with the top 2 PG.

FriedTofuz
07-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Toronto. He was HS teammates with Vazquez and grew up rooting for Toronto. Hell, if Vince Carter is around by then, both will play in Toronto. Lowry, T-Ross, Derozan, J-Val as your core helps. Carbacio can be a Luol Deng, Toronto will be a title contender in no time.

Thing is, he's been teamates with westbrook for 7 years and has more close friends than just vaquez. In the nature of this business, you dont wanna let friendship get in the way of your decisions.

But in regards to the dream part, yeah for sure! Dude we havent seen Caboclo play one nba game and now he's loul deng? Any team with Durant would be a contender..

JustinTime
07-13-2014, 02:39 PM

Toronto is also the NBA fastest growing talent producer so that has to be factored in. If Raptors can get Toronto players at a discount they will be a nasty team.

Monta is beast
07-13-2014, 03:04 PM
oka, tor, was, or gs

Pablonovi
07-13-2014, 05:42 PM
OKC
Hard to beat: (speed-demon) Westy & Iblocka
Probably the best "Big 3" around. They'll only get better individually AND collectively.

ink
07-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Okc

This.

ink
07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
My gut says he's a Tim Duncan lifer in OKC.

And this. Hopefully.

2-ONE-5
07-13-2014, 05:50 PM
if OKC doesnt get a title i think he leaves and in nor order i think he goes to Washington, Philly, Charlotte, New Orleans

2-ONE-5
07-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Toronto is also the NBA fastest growing talent producer so that has to be factored in. If Raptors can get Toronto players at a discount they will be a nasty team.

lol no they are not, get real.

Utd7
07-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Kevin Durant committing his long term future to OKC is contingent upon winning an NBA title between now and 2016 when he's eligible for free agency. It's quite bizarre to see how the NBA is becoming more balanced and deeper now than it was 2-3 years ago including the Eastern conference now. When OKC lost to the Heat in the 2012 NBA Finals, the prevailing thought was they have Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden experiencing success under the age of 25. It looked like they had a bright future with that core where they would contend for over a decade, becoming almost like the new Spurs through GM Sam Presti who's an RC Buford disciple.
But everything changed when they traded Harden for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb. That trade is an example of buyers remorse, Martin was overpaid by Minnesota on the open market and left and Lamb has turned out to be a bust thus far. He's still playing in the summer league and hasn't been consistent yet. They did get Adams but he can't justify that trade 2 years later. The path to an NBA championship has become harder for the Thunder via the consequences of that trade. If they don't win either this season or next season, Durant is gone.

InRoseWeTrust
07-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Okc

j-bay
07-13-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm going 5 to say he stays in OKC, but if he leaves, Washington. They got Wal, Beal, and Gortat, is family and his many friends live in DC, Wizards will be able to offer a max deal because Nene's huge contract is done with plus money not used in the Ariza deal and Pierce money. Also the Wizards hired Durant development cache a week ago.

krazylegz
07-13-2014, 06:28 PM
he wont leave okc

NBA_Starter
07-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Okc

Pablonovi
07-13-2014, 09:43 PM
I wonder if he ever did leave OKC and joined a better team, would he get anywhere near the flack that LeBron got after giving Cle 7 great years (with FAR inferior teammates due to terrible FO "work")?

Slim Tubby
07-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Personally, it seems only OKC or hometown WAS. He comes across as a fiercely loyal dude and only a chance to go home could make a move possible away from OKC.

Pablonovi
07-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Personally, it seems only OKC or hometown WAS. He comes across as a fiercely loyal dude and only a chance to go home could make a move possible away from OKC.

Hey ST,
You could be right about either OKC or WAS.

But your second part seems to me to be a straight-up contradiction: either he is fiercely loyal and never, ever, ever, leaves OKC. Or he is something less than fiercely loyal and might leave OKC. Can't be both, imo.

mrblisterdundee
07-14-2014, 12:26 AM
I think Oklahoma should be dangling Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson and maybe Perry Jones to try and get Kevin Love. A big three of Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and Love would easily be the best in the NBA – comparable to Miami when LeBron James was in town and Dwayne Wade was fresh.

Aust
07-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Durant seems like the kind of guy that would stay with one team his entire career so long as they don't screw things up for him by giving him no help. There aren't many old school guys like that anymore.

FOXHOUND
07-14-2014, 12:59 AM
Why would he leave OKC with Westbrook, Ibaka, Jackson and Adams?

ice_c
07-14-2014, 01:08 AM
I see him staying with OKC.

IgglesFanInCO
07-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Wherever lebron goes

FriedTofuz
07-14-2014, 02:55 AM
after realizing that SA may be done in 2 years after duncan retires, OKC may be able to take the top seed and be the best out of the west, so he just might stay with OKC.

Heatcheck
07-14-2014, 10:31 AM
he'll be in Miami
no? anyone?

Pablonovi
07-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Durant seems like the kind of guy that would stay with one team his entire career so long as they don't screw things up for him by giving him no help. There aren't many old school guys like that anymore.

Hey Austeezy,
I'm not being the least bit sarcastic when I say:
But that's the very contradiction being discussed/debated here. Right?
He'll be loyal AS LONG AS they give him adequate help. Well that's only "relatively-loyal"; same as most Great Players who went elsewhere and won; (same as most of the rest who did not leave, then never won; and regret having not left).

For me, IF you fulfill your end of your contract deal, then you were loyal (enough to not merit any criticism at all). And, then you've earned the right to stay (if they'll have you) or go anywhere else. You have NOT broken any moral codes and therefore deserve no flack.

Aust
07-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Hey Austeezy,
I'm not being the least bit sarcastic when I say:
But that's the very contradiction being discussed/debated here. Right?
He'll be loyal AS LONG AS they give him adequate help. Well that's only "relatively-loyal"; same as most Great Players who went elsewhere and won; (same as most of the rest who did not leave, then never won; and regret having not left).

For me, IF you fulfill your end of your contract deal, then you were loyal (enough to not merit any criticism at all). And, then you've earned the right to stay (if they'll have you) or go anywhere else. You have NOT broken any moral codes and therefore deserve no flack.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm not saying he'd be a bad guy for leaving. He'll be a FA and he'll have every right to do what he wants. I think they've done a pretty good job of putting talent around him so far though.

Pablonovi
07-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Oh, I totally agree. I'm not saying he'd be a bad guy for leaving. He'll be a FA and he'll have every right to do what he wants. I think they've done a pretty good job of putting talent around him so far though.

:cheers:

Trwood12
07-15-2014, 12:16 AM
I would like to see him with the Wizards. It would still take some work to make them a championship team but it could be done. I'd love to see him and wall play together.

j-bay
07-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Stephen A Smith reports he has sources if Durant does leave OKC, the team he would strongly consider is the Wizards.

“With LeBron going back to Cleveland, everybody here in D.C. is thinking about Kevin Durant in 2016,” Mitchell said. “The Wiz seem to be jockeying to be in that sweepstakes. Who are they going to have to compete against when that happens?”

“I don’t think anybody, to be quite honest with you,” Smith said. “Obviously the New York Knicks would be in the mix and what have you. But there are folks that I’ve spoken to that are relatively close to Kevin Durant that tell me if he were to decide to leave Oklahoma City, it would be for the nation’s capital. That’s the kind of dude he is. That’s a place that he would consider.

“I certainly don’t want to sit here as a reporter and insider and try to give indications that he’s planning on leaving Oklahoma City,” Smith said. “I don’t know that to be sure. I don’t know that to be the case. But I was told that if there is a team that would be strongly considered, it is the Washington Wizards, and him returning home.”

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/07/15/stephen-a-smith-thinks-kevin-durant-could-end-up-with-the-wizards/

j-bay
07-16-2014, 01:25 PM
The Wizards just hired KD's high school coach.

The Washington Wizards recently hired David Adkins as a player development assistant. Adkns will fill the vacancy created by the departure of Ryan Saunders.

Adkins was an assistant for Brenda Frese with the University of Maryland's women's basketball team for the past five seasons.

Adkins was a longtime high school boys' basketball assistant coach at DeMatha and Montrose Christian. Adkins has worked with Kevin Durant, Greivis Vasquez and Victor Oladipo.

Stephen A. Smith said recently on the radio that he's heard that the Wizards are the only team Durant would consider leaving the Oklahoma City Thunder to join. Marc Stein also reports that the decision to hire Adkins is another sign that the Wizards may be preparing a run at Durant in 2016.

Via Michael Lee/Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/07/11/david-adkins-hired-as-wizards-player-development-assistant/

theheatles
07-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Miami. with LeBron. Discounted!

ccg34
07-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Wall, Beal, KD > Westbrook, KD, Ibaka I think he'd fit a little better with Washington since he won't have Westbrook taking some if his shots.

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Wall, Beal, KD > Westbrook, KD, Ibaka I think he'd fit a little better with Washington since he won't have Westbrook taking some if his shots.

Hey ccg34,
I'll disagree with your "equation". I've got Westy (with KD's full support) competing with LeBron for this coming year's MVP. Westy has "demon" speed - you can't teach that. The way he was playing in the Play-Offs, still not all that removed from that bad injury - I expect him to be in phenomenal shape this coming year - even better than his usual top-class aerobic conditioning; but perhaps the most-explosive we've ever seen anybody.

Imo, Westy at the combo "point" and Iblocka down low - is as near-ideal as possible for a player with KD's skills. Those two are top-flight defenders and hard-workers; exactly the kind of teammates KD needs.
And besides, I can picture the combo of Wall-Beal taking more shots from KD than Westy does/will.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-18-2014, 02:34 PM
... KD is definitely gonna be the wise player and choose to come to Chicago if Melo passes on the option. He knows that the rest of our team is balanced, and he can focus mainly on scoring. With Rose and K. Durant, we would be a dynasty no doubt, with Noah and Taj downlow.

[B]Bulls 2015 season....
SICK!

D. Rose
J. Butler
K. Durant
T. Gibson
J. Noah

DJ Augustine
T. Snell
D. McDourmette
N. Mirotic
P. Gasol

Would be great. Too bad there is a thing called a Salary Cap.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-18-2014, 03:53 PM
D-Rose has a couple years to prove he can stay healthy and return to MVP form. If he does that, he and KD are good friends...

Rose
Butler
Durant
Mirotic
Noah

Bonerific.

jerellh528
07-18-2014, 03:54 PM
The lakers, book it

j-bay
07-18-2014, 03:58 PM
D-Rose has a couple years to prove he can stay healthy and return to MVP form. If he does that, he and KD are good friends...

Rose
Butler
Durant
Mirotic
Noah

Bonerific.

He said Wall "is like his brother"

NYSpirit1
07-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Realistically, NY w/Melo, OKC or Washington.

numba1CHANGsta
07-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Its realistically down to only 3 teams: OKC, WAS, LAL

All 3 of those teams have an equal chance of signing him. The only reason why I don't see him going to WAS is because of how deep the SF position is in the East: LBJ, Melo, George, etc. I think he stays in the West, so it will be down to LAL and OKC.

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 05:24 PM

All 3 of those teams have an equal chance of signing him. The only reason why I don't see him going to WAS is because of how deep the SF position is in the East: LBJ, Melo, George, etc. I think he stays in the West, so it will be down to LAL and OKC.

Hey numba1CHANGsta,
I'm not saying you're wrong; cause I just don't know. But why would the East having more good SF's affect KD's decision? I would think, that just the chance for an easier ride to the Play-Offs each year would more than offset that - not that either factor seems that it would be important to him.

DillyDill
07-18-2014, 05:39 PM
I would love to see KD in the Triangle especially with Fish and Phil

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 05:52 PM
I would love to see KD in the Triangle especially with Fish and Phil

Hey DillyDill,
I'd love to see them all succeed; especially further down the road back in Purple-And-Gold Land (where they belong!)

j-bay
07-18-2014, 05:56 PM

If he signs with any team in the East it's DC. It's his home. It's going to come down to 3 teams. Enough with this every poster adding Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, whatever.From what I've seen its going to come down to 3 teams.
1. OKC
2. Washington
3. Toronto

DillyDill
07-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Hey DillyDill,
I'd love to see them all succeed; especially further down the road back in Purple-And-Gold Land (where they belong!)
Lol yea I love that 2. but unfortunately their both locked in long term there for good

FriedTofuz
07-18-2014, 07:52 PM
He's not going to NY, CHI, or LAL. It's mostly likely OKC or Washington.

NBA_Starter
07-18-2014, 10:46 PM
The Wizards are making moves to position themselves.

Pablonovi
07-18-2014, 11:05 PM
The Wizards are making moves to position themselves.

Hey Starter,
I ask myself: "Pablo, why do you get so excited about teams making moves (any team making any move)?"

And I just don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, or both or neither (or all of the above); but nobody's answering me!

benzni
07-19-2014, 12:47 AM
Okc

NYSpirit1
07-19-2014, 12:48 AM
He's not going to NY, CHI, or LAL. It's mostly likely OKC or Washington.

Why not NY?

NYSpirit1
07-19-2014, 12:51 AM
If he signs with any team in the East it's DC. It's his home. It's going to come down to 3 teams. Enough with this every poster adding Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, whatever.From what I've seen its going to come down to 3 teams.
1. OKC
2. Washington
3. Toronto

What do you mean enough? Stars don't entertain small cities. Did you notice that when they've went on recruiting trips the past four five offseasons it was all big markets?

The only reason LeBron returned to Cleveland is because it's home.

j-bay
07-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Why not NY?

Because it's going to be OKC or Washington ok. It's going to come down to these two teams. OKC will want to resign him and has the money to. Washington has the connection plus in 2016, they will have money to offer him max. Enough with what about LA, Chicago, or NY. 1st of all none of those teams are attractive (except a healthy rose). 2nd of all OKC and Washington have better pieces.

FriedTofuz
07-19-2014, 01:00 AM
Why not NY?

well now that NY has a good front office with the zen master running the show, I dont see how Kevin Durant would fit on the Knicks. Melo and KD both play SF, and I dont see a fit. In addition to that, the knicks do have some upcoming young pieces (THJR will be a stud) and Cleanthony Early fell to the knicks this year, so they got something, as well as Larkin. But I dont see thesep layers putting up great "nba ready" like numbers so good enough for the knicks to be in a playoff position. There's just better opportunities. A lot better. Personally, If Charolette has cap space, they'd be a better fit and would have a better chance at getting KD than NYK imo. But There's very little reason for KD to bolt from OKC unless it's for his home in washington or his dream team, surprisingly, the Raptors. I think once Duncan Retires and SA settles down for a bit, OKC will be at the top of the conference again.

MelanconMadness
07-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Seattle

Goose17
07-19-2014, 09:43 AM
OKC need to do a better job at building around him, start with shifting Perkins and then improving the bench.

Any way... I think he most likely stays in OKC. If they don't win a chip within the next two seasons, that might change.

If I HAD to pick an alternative, I would say;

1. Washington. Go Home. Win a chip in an easier conference, already has talent with Wall/Beal back court. Nice fit.

2. Toronto Raptors. His favourite team growing up, he went to the same High School (briefly) as Terrence Ross and Vasquez. Again, it's in a weaker conference. And again, they're setting themselves up with some great talent, Lowry - DeRozan - Durant - Johnson - Valanciunas > OKCs current 5.

infernoscurse
07-19-2014, 10:44 AM
he will sign with the Knicks and be their Point guard

tr3ymill3r
07-19-2014, 11:14 AM
houston, washingtin or toronto

FYL_McVeezy
07-19-2014, 11:44 AM
It's wayyyyy too early to say with any certainty what KD will do. You guys are funny as always :laugh2:

I predict that OKC will not win a ring in the next 2 seasons, therefore taking his talents to FA. Based on his change of agents to Roc Nation Sports(CAA) I think he will head to a larger market if he decides to part ways with OKC. (LA, BK, NY, Chi, etc)

j-bay
07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
It's wayyyyy too early to say with any certainty what KD will do. You guys are funny as always :laugh2:

I predict that OKC will not win a ring in the next 2 seasons, therefore taking his talents to FA. Based on his change of agents to Roc Nation Sports(CAA) I think he will head to a larger market if he decides to part ways with OKC. (LA, BK, NY, Chi, etc)
Fir the last ****ING time already, HE WILL NOT BE A KNICK, LAKER, NET, OR BULL! I know this isn't all of you, but some of you believe that you should have every player handed to you on a silver plater.

FYL_McVeezy
07-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Fir the last ****ING time already, HE WILL NOT BE A KNICK, LAKER, NET, OR BULL! I know this isn't all of you, but some of you believe that you should have every player handed to you on a silver plater.

Exactly....because you spoke to KD this morning and he told you "don't worry bro, I'm not jumpin ship" :rolleyes:

Like I said in the beginning of my post which you so conveniently ignored, NO ONE can say with any certainty what KD will do at this point. Not me, and damn sure not you.

So emotional.....

j-bay
07-19-2014, 12:54 PM
I just think it's to late for the Lakers, Nets. The Knicks have Melo and I can't see him or KD switching. The Bulls are a maybe but that is if Rose stays healthy. In my opinion he will always be a threat for injury.

FYL_McVeezy
07-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I just think it's to late for the Lakers, Nets. The Knicks have Melo and I can't see him or KD switching. The Bulls are a maybe but that is if Rose stays healthy. In my opinion he will always be a threat for injury.

That's fair....

A lot can happen in 2 seasons....it will be interesting watching OKC during this last stretch of KD's contract.

2-ONE-5
07-19-2014, 08:07 PM

lol this post cant be serious?

Pablonovi
07-19-2014, 08:39 PM

Hey 2-ONE-5,
I think you're right! I can't stop myself from re-reading it; makes me scream in laugher (but then I wonder if I'm all wrong and should be crying in despair?

Bad acid trip? Bad hair day? "I need a new drug" - didn't work out so good?

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 08:51 PM
He shocks everyone and goes to Washington.

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Raps

tmacsc2
07-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Back in seattle when the sonics come back!!!!

Pablonovi
07-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Back in seattle when the sonics come back!!!!

Hey tmacsc2,
Come back from where????

WadeKobe
07-19-2014, 09:31 PM

Lol why is that? Embiid and Noel should both be back and active with a very good young PG. With KD they are easily one of the best teams in the league at that point.

j-bay
07-19-2014, 09:58 PM

I admit I overreacted. Mainly when he said he would choose big market teams. I just think those teams are either too much of a mess or have too many ?s

NBA_Starter
07-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Hey tmacsc2,
Come back from where????

He was drafted as a Sonic.

j-bay
07-29-2014, 03:32 PM
I'll leave this here.....

While talking to the media at Monday's Team USA camp in Las Vegas, Kevin Durant was complimentary of two Wizards -- John Wall and especially Bradley Beal.

“Beal is a tremendous player, I love watching him.” Durant said. “One of those players that’s going to be a thrill to watch for the next 10-15 years and he’s a player for my hometown team so I love him. I also like Wall; he’s one of my great friends and I’m glad he’s here.”

But when posed with the potential of leaving Oklahoma in 2016 when his current deal is up, Durant was quick to backtrack on his adoration for Washington D.C. “I also love where I’m at right now, so I can’t answer that question.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/kevin-durant-high-on-wizards--young-core--won-t-comment-on-potential-move-134212106-nba.html

FriedTofuz
07-29-2014, 10:39 PM
He's going to Toronto yo. They'll be much better to compete for a championship than the wizards and will also have more cap space. Washington is just starting to recruit early,but at the end of the day, the last move determines it all. Remember when the knicks went hard about how they wanted Lebron? and guess who they got, no one, just amare LOL.

IKnowHoops
07-29-2014, 10:48 PM
He shocks everyone and goes to Washington.

From a basketball standpoint, I think this is a perfect team for Durant as well. Thats a team that will be competing for a long time, but so will the team he's on. Pretty much the exact same situation, but Im sure anywhere is better than Oklahoma. Nothing against OKC at all. Tornados scare me to much to live where they are at. Other than that I personally would love OKC.

j-bay
07-29-2014, 11:01 PM
He's going to Toronto yo. They'll be much better to compete for a championship than the wizards and will also have more cap space. Washington is just starting to recruit early,but at the end of the day, the last move determines it all. Remember when the knicks went hard about how they wanted Lebron? and guess who they got, no one, just amare LOL.
Wall and Beal have more ability the Lowry. Wall Is a All Star, Beal is a future All Star. Plus unlike New York, DC is where all his family and friends s are at. Plus it seems him and Wall are like brothers.

D-Leethal
07-29-2014, 11:04 PM
I'll leave this here.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/kevin-durant-high-on-wizards--young-core--won-t-comment-on-potential-move-134212106-nba.html

What in the heavens **** do you expect him to say while he is locked up for 2 more years?

You better believe KD isn't happy watching his team slowly dismantle a dynasty and trade superstars and grade A talent for rookie contracts and draft picks.

THE MTL
07-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Either OKC or Washington. Going home is the new trend in the NBA starting with Melo and Lebron

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Its obvious. He leaves to be a role player in Houston the instant he can. He wants to play for the greatest franchise in sports with the best cornerstone combo, more well-spoken version of Billy Beane, most ballers per capita, and best nightlife compared to stinky Dallas and chubby chasing San Antonio.

cssdmark
07-29-2014, 11:25 PM
OKC or Brooklynn

kingkenny01
07-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Why would durant leaves his good cast of players for a worse team, he isnt leaving okc

Monta is beast
07-29-2014, 11:41 PM
I got

1) OKC
2) WAS
3) GSW
4) LAL
5) TOR

ThuglifeJ
07-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I got

1) OKC
2) WAS
3) GSW
4) LAL
5) TOR

Deliberately left Houston off.

Infraction please?

FriedTofuz
07-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Wall and Beal have more ability the Lowry. Wall Is a All Star, Beal is a future All Star. Plus unlike New York, DC is where all his family and friends s are at. Plus it seems him and Wall are like brothers.

Wall and Beal definitely have more potential to be better than Lowry, and both look like ALL-stars, with that being said, Lowry played more of a role leading his team than Wall did, and although his stats were lower, Lowry's PER and MVP for his team is got the raptors where they were. ALso, Derozan is much better than both wall and Beal, I know Beal is a great shooter from deep, but Derozan has as much if not more potential than wall and beal and was a 23/4/4 player last season. You also ahve to consider that the raptors have an upcoming stud with valancuinas, who was a top 5 pick a few years ago.

Toronto is not only a bigger market, but KD to toronto would be better than KD to Washington. Toronto would have more of a complete team.

Also the idea of wall and Durant being like brothers is such an overstatement. you can be brothers with a lot of your bros. IF you watched Kevin Durant's speech, you'd know how close and emotional he is over his nigguh westbrook. A lot of people have many bros who are close to them, but at the end of the day it's a business, so dont expect a friendship to be so significant, as Durant has multiple friendships with others who he'd consider close to him. But hey, I know where you;re coming from, the idea of getting a MVP player like Durant is mind boggling, so we try to overestimate the little things in hope of convincing ourselves for Durant to sign.

Oefarmy2005
07-30-2014, 01:43 PM
OKC. At least I expect nothing less form KD.

Monta is beast
07-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Deliberately left Houston off.

Infraction please?

Na just dont see why you would go play with two of the worst "leaders" in the game and two of the most selfish players in the game.

Monta is beast
07-30-2014, 04:17 PM
And gs would be more than willing to give up Klay

MJL80
07-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Either OKC or Washington. Going home is the new trend in the NBA starting with Melo and Lebron

It's wrong for KD (or any athlete IMO) to discuss either "going home" or another potential future destination while they're still under contract and have commitments to their current franchise and fanbase. If it's a consideration, they should keep it to themselves and just have "no comment" if asked.

Trend or not, it's not fair to the fanbase and the folks within the organization that put their time, money, and efforts in surrounding them with the right personnel that has made them who they are today.

sens#11fan
07-30-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm willing to bet my house that KD is staying in OKC, if anything his comments about the wizards could strategically force OKC to make more moves and bring in more quality players.

FlashBolt
07-30-2014, 05:25 PM
He's staying in OKC.. OKC would rather get rid of Westbrook to make things work than let Durant go. Sorry, folks. Washington is probably his other option but I wouldn't count on it. Perkins and a bunch of players are free agents after this season so we can definitely grab a strong big..

Htownballa1622
07-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Its obvious. He leaves to be a role player in Houston the instant he can. He wants to play for the greatest franchise in sports with the best cornerstone combo, more well-spoken version of Billy Beane, most ballers per capita, and best nightlife compared to stinky Dallas and chubby chasing San Antonio.

It's pretty pathetic that you can't go a day without having the rockets nuts in your mouth?

I'm convinced u either are a closet Rockets fan or you're just so jealous of the team that you have to bring them up every chance you get.

I say he's staying in Okc.

FriedTofuz
07-30-2014, 06:54 PM
And gs would be more than willing to give up Klay

Golden state is not an option.
OKC, WASHINGTON or Toronto. I dont see the competition being anything other than that.
No NY, NO LA, NO MIAMI, No Houston, no GS, No Dallas.

THE MTL
07-30-2014, 07:14 PM

It's wrong for KD (or any athlete IMO) to discuss either "going home" or another potential future destination while they're still under contract and have commitments to their current franchise and fanbase. If it's a consideration, they should keep it to themselves and just have "no comment" if asked.

Trend or not, it's not fair to the fanbase and the folks within the organization that put their time, money, and efforts in surrounding them with the right personnel that has made them who they are today.

Freedom of speech? This is America

yaswaggin
07-30-2014, 07:15 PM
back in OKC

philly is the wildcard that noones talking about that may get him if they hit on all their draft picks 100%

chitownbulls
07-30-2014, 07:17 PM
back in OKC

philly is the wildcard that noones talking about that may get him if they hit on all their draft picks 100%

Imagine Philly with Noel, Embiid, and Durant....that size tho

5ass
07-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Durant said he likes oladipo and hennigan. He's coming to Orlando.
Seriously though Durant is now putting pressure on the OKC FO, and I dont blame him.

Monta is beast
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Golden state is not an option.
OKC, WASHINGTON or Toronto. I dont see the competition being anything other than that.
No NY, NO LA, NO MIAMI, No Houston, no GS, No Dallas.

kd is that you

Monta is beast
07-30-2014, 09:01 PM
phi with durant is 10x champ in a row

Monta is beast
07-30-2014, 09:02 PM
mcw
wrotten
durant
noel
embid

:drool:

but even without kd phi is going to be extremely scary

SPURSFAN1
07-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Top 30 player all time.

yaswaggin
07-30-2014, 09:48 PM
mcw
wrotten
durant
noel
embid

:drool:

but even without kd phi is going to be extremely scary

wroten at SG is a failure though, he can't shoot and neither can MCW, need at least one shooter in the backcourt.

wroten could be a nice role player (scorer, 10-12 ppg) off the bench for a contender though

Monta is beast
07-30-2014, 10:20 PM
id take wrotten in a heartbeat

NBA_Starter
07-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Washington

Monta is beast
07-31-2014, 12:31 AM
utah

Monta is beast
07-31-2014, 12:31 AM
or sac

JustinTime
08-05-2014, 01:10 PM
dp

JustinTime
08-05-2014, 01:15 PM
He is going to end up in Toronto. Drake is already recruiting him at his OVO Fest with Durant in attendance (watch video).

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECk4v7pSsZs

2-ONE-5
08-05-2014, 01:25 PM
lol stop it

j-bay
08-08-2014, 09:03 PM
He is going to end up in Toronto. Drake is already recruiting him at his OVO Fest with Durant in attendance (watch video).

Isn't that considered tampering?

smith&wesson
08-08-2014, 09:17 PM

no because he isn't directly employed by the raptors franchise

smith&wesson
08-08-2014, 09:18 PM

yesss lowry, derozan, durant, jonas, ross

Arch Stanton
08-08-2014, 09:19 PM
I think he's going to the Wiz.

Arch Stanton
08-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Yeah I don't see him going to Toronto.

JustinTime
08-09-2014, 09:20 AM

I don't either really but it's worth posting anyways.

JustinTime
08-09-2014, 09:23 AM

In the NBA if you have a rapper or whatever you call Drake you're allowed to get away with it.

Big Zo
08-09-2014, 09:25 AM
He'll be joining LeBron in Miami in 2016.

DallasTrilla23
08-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Bruh he said he wanted to be a raptor growing up.

j-bay
08-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Bruh he said he wanted to be a raptor growing up.

He also said he watched them Bullets and Wizards. Assuming he is talking about them mid 90s-mid 2000s teams. Those were bad times. The Wizards losing seasons probably made him a Raptors fan. Let's take a look at them time line. I'm going to guess he started watching basketball 20 years ago.
94/95- Got Chris Webber, Calbert Cheaney, and Juwan Howard. Bad season.
95/96- Mark Price only played 7 games, we miss the playoffs, and we trade Rasheed Wallace for Rod ****ing Strickland
96/97- make the playoffs get beaten by Chicago
97/98- Wizards now, miss the playoffs.
98/99- this is where KD probably became a raptors fan. This is where the Wizards went downhill. Chris Webber got traded to Sacramento for behavior off the court, Wizards were bad that season.
99/00- We sucked
00/01- Jordan's 1st year of ownership, we sucked, enter Kwame Brown
01/02- Jordan returns, we improve but don't make the playoffs
02/03- same as 01/02
03/04- we sucked

j-bay
08-09-2014, 12:22 PM
By the way another reason KD picks DC over Toronto, KD has DC/Maryland tattoos all over his body