Bynum/Gasol?

who you got guys?

goingfor28
07-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Bynum/Gasol? Really? Lol

I'm 25. Timmy and the Admiral is the best duo I've ever seen

Kashmir13579
07-10-2014, 04:42 AM
Bynum lmfao... gotta be trolling with that.

force_within
07-10-2014, 04:44 AM
that's why I put a question mark..lol, even me I was laughing when I put their names

PurpleJesus
07-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Duncan and Robinson.

Something like Parish and McHale would have been a better option to throw up than Bynum and Pau.

Hotone1401
07-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Bynum/Gasol? Really? Lol

I'm 25. Timmy and the Admiral is the best duo I've ever seen

I'm 31 and Timmy playing alongside the Admiral were not great.

Honestly in a head to head matchup, without bias, Bynum (Healthy) & Gasol > Robinson & Duncan more times than not.

Shaq owned Timmy & David by himself. David is extremely overrated.

Rasheed & Sabonis should get some mention. I would take them over any other pair you have.

MiamiBoy77
07-10-2014, 05:01 AM
bosh/howard

goingfor28
07-10-2014, 05:01 AM
Agree w rasheed and sabonis. Those blazer teams were solid. Also enjoyed the cwebb divac Kings squads. Although they had white chocolate who I absolutely loved. Still have that jersey. One of my favorites.

Hotone1401
07-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Agree w rasheed and sabonis. Those blazer teams were solid. Also enjoyed the cwebb divac Kings squads. Although they had white chocolate who I absolutely loved. Still have that jersey. One of my favorites.

If Sabonis were able to play in the NBA during his prime there's no telling his place in basketball history. The guy was flat out one of the most skilled big men of all time.

Both him & Rasheed together in their primes would put Duncan & Robinson away with ease.

theGhost-isGone
07-10-2014, 05:58 AM

Divac and CWebb, and of course white chocolate and Peja, are the reason I'm a kings fan at all. That blazers team should have gone to the finals and Pippen should have had one year to be Batman. Good times.

But the next Twin Towers will be a spectacle as well. The Bosh/Howard duo. I'm hyped.

PurpleJesus
07-10-2014, 06:00 AM
If Sabonis were able to play in the NBA during his prime there's no telling his place in basketball history. The guy was flat out one of the most skilled big men of all time.

Both him & Rasheed together in their primes would put Duncan & Robinson away with ease.

Agree with the Sabonis talk. Wish he would have entered the league earlier. Completely disagree about Rasheed and Sabonis being better than Duncan and Robinson.
Saying Rasheed and Sabonis deserve some Love is one thing, putting them over Duncan and Robinson is asinine.

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2014, 06:42 AM
I think the D-Rob/Duncan is the obvious choice, but Sampson and Hakeem was pretty amazing to.

As for the Bynum/Gasol pairing, it isn't as crazy as some are suggesting. Those two won 2 championships together and make 3 finals appearances, which is more than want either Sampson/Hakeem or Duncan/DRob did.

Kobe took a LOT of shots, but Gasol was a great post player, great passer and solid rebounder, and Bynum was a great rebounder and a good low post guy. If a team had those two playing at the level they did in 09 10, they would have pretty much dominated any playoff match-up this season outside of the Spurs.

PurpleLynch
07-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Eh,Sabonis could be a stronger Bill Walton when healthy. It's sad,I really admire him. Anyway twin towers experiments weren't the best options,on paper I should take Duncan/D-Rob,even if Hakeem and Sampson is close.
Bynum and Gasol looks like the weakest duo,even if actually they worked well on those title runs.

yungincome
07-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Timmay/Admiral

Faneik
07-10-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm 31 and Timmy playing alongside the Admiral were not great.

Honestly in a head to head matchup, without bias, Bynum (Healthy) & Gasol > Robinson & Duncan more times than not.

Shaq owned Timmy & David by himself. David is extremely overrated.

Rasheed & Sabonis should get some mention. I would take them over any other pair you have.

thank you for the laughs.

Faneik
07-10-2014, 07:59 AM

ah ha ha...

sabonis couldn't defend robinson because he was slow as ******.

except for the 3-pt shot, Duncan is better than Rasheed at everything else in the game.

so please, enlight us, give some reasoning as to why you think Sabonis and Rasheed would wreck Duncan and Robinson.

SPURSFAN1
07-10-2014, 08:05 AM
The Admiral and the Big Fundamental.

Chronz
07-10-2014, 01:48 PM
ah ha ha...

sabonis couldn't defend robinson because he was slow as ******.

except for the 3-pt shot, Duncan is better than Rasheed at everything else in the game.

so please, enlight us, give some reasoning as to why you think Sabonis and Rasheed would wreck Duncan and Robinson.

He means in their prime, when Sabonis crushed the admiral in the olympics, he was already dealing with injuries so imagine a 7"ft Larry Bird. That was Sabonis.

Quinnsanity
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Got a nice chuckle out of Bynum/Gasol. Underrated one: Russell and Heinsohn.

Chronz
07-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Yea even Wilt-Thurmond was better than Pau-Bynum

Bklyn24
07-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Bynum & Gasol?? yea and in second place, bargnani & stoudemire

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Timmy and Admiral had a short stint and Admiral was way out of his prime. I think people overrate that front court. Future best twin towers? Man, I gotta go with Nerlins Noel/Embiid on this one. It will be a beauty to watch an imposing frontcourt.

ManningToTyree
07-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Timmy and the admiral

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2014, 02:25 PM
It was more like

Bynum Gasol Odom.

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Timmy and Admiral had a short stint and Admiral was way out of his prime. I think people overrate that front court. Future best twin towers? Man, I gotta go with Nerlins Noel/Embiid on this one. It will be a beauty to watch an imposing frontcourt.

I hope too, Noel and Embiid work out and stay healthy.

J4KOP99
07-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Sabonis-Rasheed and divac-webber were soooo good...

So good that Shaq beat the **** out of them every time they played.

numba1CHANGsta
07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
If Bynum were to be healthy then no question Bynum/Gasol combo would have won 3 straight titles together.

Aust
07-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Bynum/Gasol lol what. I guess there haven't been many impressive twin towers if that makes it as an option.

valade16
07-10-2014, 02:57 PM
He means in their prime, when Sabonis crushed the admiral in the olympics, he was already dealing with injuries so imagine a 7"ft Larry Bird. That was Sabonis.

That'd be the only way is if Sabonis were in his pre-Blazer days.

He was no longer a focal point but an excellent complementary piece. Those late 90's Blazers teams worked as a team, not because of star players.

TheMightyHumph
07-10-2014, 03:47 PM
No love for Walton-Lucas?

slaker619
07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
What the #BadBoyPistons were tweakin' with them ****** were straight dirty

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:16 PM
What the #BadBoyPistons were tweakin' with them ****** were straight dirty

Hey slaker619,
Thanx for showing my age! hehe. Mind translating that into "old-ese"?

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:20 PM
No love for Walton-Lucas?

Hey TMH,
There probably ought to be some minimum qualifying standard applied here: like completing, at a minimum, two full seasons - which, unfortunately for that potentially great duo, didn't quite happen.

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Hey High Horse,
You HAVE been reading your "history" haven't you!
I always really wondered back then if the opposing team's "big men" (in quotes due to the comparison) weren't severely tempted to just call in sick before those games - that was UNFAIR!

If you played hard against them, you were liable to get injured (nobody ever asked them ,"Where's the beef?"); if you didn't, you got RUN OVER AND PANCAKED!

blams
07-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I can't believe Bynum and Gasol is in a poll with Duncan and Robinson.

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:28 PM

Wonder what their practice sessions were like?
Both on the same side: the other team cancels practice.
On opposing sides: more intense than any live game!

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I can't believe Bynum and Gasol is in a poll with Duncan and Robinson.

Hey blams,
I can see your point. Problem is: it turns out there haven't been many Twin Towers worth writing home about; AND Pau-Drew did compete for 3 Chips and win 2 - that is something.

asandhu23
07-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Since we are throwing Pau and Bynum out there, David Lee and Andrew Bogut.

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Seeing as we (already?) may quickly run out of things to say; would a would-be Dream Twin-Towers be too off-topic?

Dream Twin-Towers? KAJ-Wilt = Killer D, Other-Wordly O !

How about Wilt-KAJ (there'd be just enough spacing (Wilt in deep; KAJ Sky-Hooking from 10+ feet), the D would be killer, the O would be other-wordly). Nobody drives on them; nobody stops them.

Personally I can see those two "working things out admirably", carving up their Division-Of-Labor & Territories and just DOMINATING COMPLETELY!

FlashBolt
07-10-2014, 04:37 PM
I personally think Hakeem+Duncan would be a nightmare. Again, can't go wrong with any considering 5 of the 10 greaters players (Hakeem, Shaq, Tim, Wilt, KAJ) are just legendary. Can't go wrong with any pairing. Shaq+Wilt would drive people nuts.

JesusNYY_Savior
07-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Shaq. And robert horry

Gibby23
07-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Sampson/Olajuwon

TheNumber37
07-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I think by way of rule... Twin towers must be two 7 footers

TheMightyHumph
07-10-2014, 05:11 PM
I think by way of rule... Twin towers must be two 7 footers

Then it would be Wilt & Mel Counts

Pablonovi
07-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Then it would be Wilt & Mel Counts

Hey TMH,
Mel Counts - talk about a name I hadn't thought of in ages!