PDA

View Full Version : Lin traded to Philly

Stunner
07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
RT @DreamShakeSBN: Jeremy Lin trade agreed to by Rockets and Sixers, report says http://t.co/5bBxRMyumC

Aust
07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Are you serious? Just like that? Philly, you better have gotten something good in return, not just a lame pick.

Stunner
07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
I heard it's a 1st and other things .

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Could this be a precursor to James announcing his decision to go back to the Cavs? Maybe Morey knows of Lebron's intentions and with Bosh saying he is going to go to Houston if James leaves, he is making the first move to get CB to Houston?

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Could this be a precursor to James announcing his decision to go back to the Cavs? Maybe Morey knows of Lebron's intentions and with Bosh saying he is going to go to Houston if James leaves, he is making the first move to get CB to Houston?

Can they sign CB and match the Parsons offer sheet now?

ABOMB_56
07-09-2014, 10:22 PM

From what I've read from NBA writers on Twitter, yes. They have 72 hours once Parsons signs to trade Lin, sign Bosh and then match Parsons offer

beasted86
07-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Sixers are in full blown tank mode.

They draft injured players in back to back lotteries and pay Jeremy Lin $15M, even if only $8M counts towards the floor. Their owner thinks he knows what he's doing, but I'm not so sure.

A rebuild should only take 4 years, but I see this taking waaaay longer.

Dr Positivity
07-09-2014, 10:30 PM
It'd be crazy if the Sixers just waived him because #tank. I certainly don't expect them to keep him, I guess they could find another taker. Possibly a deal where the Sixers take back 15 mil in salary to make up for the poison pill

Mr.B
07-09-2014, 10:30 PM
They would have to get Bosh to actually sign before Labron has made up his mind.

Shammyguy3
07-09-2014, 10:31 PM

They draft injured players in back to back lotteries and pay Jeremy Lin $15M, even if only $8M counts towards the floor. Their owner thinks he knows what he's doing, but I'm not so sure.

A rebuild under different regimes is different. And if a rebuild from god-awful to contender only takes 4 years then you'd see a lot of contenders in this league. A proper rebuild can take 6-8 years pending on guys' health and which years you had high draft picks.

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:40 PM
They would have to get Bosh to actually sign before Labron has made up his mind.

Good luck with that..:(

king4day
07-09-2014, 10:40 PM
This should help prevent Philly from any chance at being historically bad. He and Noel should help get them 5-8 more wins probably.

J4KOP99
07-09-2014, 10:41 PM
is this real?

NBA_Starter
07-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I guess DM is real close with the guy from Philly.

JEDean89
07-09-2014, 10:56 PM
i'm not seeing this headline on any website

Kaner
07-09-2014, 10:57 PM

Kaner
07-09-2014, 11:02 PM

Completely disagree, the 76ers are rebuilding in the best way to insure they won't find themselves in no mans land this decade like alot of the other rebuilding teams will unless you get crazy lucky like the Pelicans with Davis or the Cavs in the lottery. Them losing 60 games next season will just make them that much better when they're all healthy in 2015 with another top 5 pick, and 50+ million in cap space.

If Embiid stays healthy they'll be a force within 3 years which is why you won't find any 76ers fans upset about them tanking.

Kaner
07-09-2014, 11:02 PM
double post

Knick_Fever
07-09-2014, 11:04 PM
The claim by the OP is wrong, Lin has NOT yet been traded. The trade is still contingent on Bosh (or another big name player) signing. And this has NOT happened yet because obviously he's waiting on Lebron. And this has been known for days already.

JPS
07-09-2014, 11:05 PM
The trade is in place if Houston signs someone (Bosh etc) to a max deal. Not a done deal now.

DRose7
07-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Can someone answer why Lins 15mill contract only counts 8mill towards the salary cap

joeyc77
07-09-2014, 11:14 PM
http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/7/9/5885973/sixers-rockets-jeremy-lin-trade-chris-bosh

The OP article is apparently based on this one. The source is not always reliable. As others have said, it's contingent on other signings taking place.

I deal like this is certainly possible between the Sixers and Rockets and the pieces seem fair but it's not done.

mudvayne387
07-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Can someone answer why Lins 15mill contract only counts 8mill towards the salary cap

Because of the Chinese to American currency rate ...

Shammyguy3
07-09-2014, 11:18 PM

poison pill contract. If New York matched, they'd have had $5M/$5M/$15M cap hits. Since they didn't, from there on out Lin's cap hit was $8M every year.

Mr.B
07-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Hahaha!

gatkins11
07-10-2014, 01:09 AM
No surprise. Sam Hinkie is Morey's boy.

Sadds The Gr8
07-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Is this official? I don't see it anywhere

GREATNESS ONE
07-10-2014, 01:17 AM

:laugh2:

Anyways, I like what the Sixers have goin on, seriously hoping Noels stays healthy. He gonna beast

jimm120
07-10-2014, 01:26 AM
Philly is still rebuilding and Lin won't put them over the top (though he's ok).

But Lin helps put butts on the seats during a losing season.

so good idea to bring him in.

COOLbeans
07-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Sixes got a good player

Blitzace137
07-10-2014, 01:28 AM
misleading title Lin hasn't been traded yet.

bleedprple&gold
07-10-2014, 01:41 AM
misleading title Lin hasn't been traded yet.

Yea it just said "agreed" to meaning it will only happen if Bosh is gonna sign with the Rockets.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Great now he's closer to home. (NYC)

NoahH
07-10-2014, 02:47 AM
Lin should average like 18ppg in Phili. Good move for him.

Blitzace137
07-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Lin should average like 18ppg in Phili. Good move for him.

If he's given consistent minutes

beasted86
07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
A rebuild under different regimes is different. And if a rebuild from god-awful to contender only takes 4 years then you'd see a lot of contenders in this league. A proper rebuild can take 6-8 years pending on guys' health and which years you had high draft picks.

I read an article a while ago that said the average length of time for NBA teams missing the playoffs was a little over 4 years. I see this as over 4 years easy.

OKC/Sonics went four years with a ground up rebuild trading away all good players and drafting. I think they are the best example in recent years of doing it without dipping into the free agent pool with a big contract.

Sixers are trying to duplicate that model but the reason I think it will take longer is they seem to be drafting with no real purpose and a mix mash of guys who don't seem to fit. They have this idea of an all athletic team with length and size... but drafting guys that way they are raw and will take long to develop, and by the time one is developed, he's due for a payday, and you're not sure whether to lock him into a high dollar extension because you're not sure he fits long term. Just see early to mid 2000s Clippers for the same mold of rebuild type of players and how I see this ending up.

mike_noodles
07-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Only if everything goes absolutely perfect. Show me the model. OKC, Chicago and Cleveland all took much, much longer to rebuild.

kobe4thewinbang
07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
What are the 76ers doing?

They have Noel, Embiid and MCW.
They are in the piss poor Eastern Conference.
Then they trade for Jeremy Lin?

Pretty pathetic, unless they're actually trying to be good with Lin (who isn't a scrub, but grossly overpaid).

akia83
07-10-2014, 08:36 AM
They trade for picks, not for Lin.
Lin is just a one year-marketing bonus.

They don't wanna be good, how can you say that after they drafted 2 players that won't play this year?

sixer04fan
07-10-2014, 09:03 AM
So many clueless posters in here haha. The motive of the trade for Philly isn't to acquire Lin. It's to acquire the assets that will come with him to go towards the rebuild (1st round pick and another young player). Taking Lin is for giving Houston salary cap space to sign Bosh, and Philly has tons of cap space to spare. And the price of doing that is whatever other assets Philly can collect.

joeyc77
07-10-2014, 09:04 AM
What are the 76ers doing?

They have Noel, Embiid and MCW.
They are in the piss poor Eastern Conference.
Then they trade for Jeremy Lin?

Pretty pathetic, unless they're actually trying to be good with Lin (who isn't a scrub, but grossly overpaid).

They are BUILDING a team.

The Sixers are getting assets for nothing. It would be same type of deal the Celtics made yesterday.

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Are you serious? Just like that? Philly, you better have gotten something good in return, not just a lame pick.

This is a good move. The 76ers have cap space and no big-name free agents want to sign there right now.

This move is essentially the 76ers paying 8 mill for a first round pick but it WILL also give them an expiring contract to deal with during the season (if they keep him that long).

Also, his jerseys sell well... so he will generate revenue for the team (though the Linsanity buzz has clearly worn off).

Taking on an expiring contract for trade bait AND getting a first-round pick? Sounds like a good deal to me.

And if they don't trade him, then at least they have his contract coming off the books next season, by which time the team will be better and a quality free ageny will be more likely to sign with them, and they'll have the cap space because most of their roster is still on rookie contracts.

Thumper 88
07-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Lol @people who think the team is going to make Bank off of Lin jerseys...

How many people are going to buy a Lin 76er jersey? Not enough for team to cover his 15 salary hahaha

NoahH
07-10-2014, 10:35 AM
If he's given consistent minutes

One would assume he would start and average at least 32 mpg

beasted86
07-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Only if everything goes absolutely perfect. Show me the model. OKC, Chicago and Cleveland all took much, much longer to rebuild.
OKC didn't.... Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota were/are simply above the average. I'll try and look for the article later where I read that was the average.

yaswaggin
07-10-2014, 02:46 PM
MCW
Lengthy defensive 3 pt SG
Durant or George
Noel
Embiid

Thad, wroten, mcdaniels, grant, and shooters off the bench

Saric most likely traded for future assets

76ers in the future

Shammyguy3
07-10-2014, 02:56 PM
I read an article a while ago that said the average length of time for NBA teams missing the playoffs was a little over 4 years. I see this as over 4 years easy.

OKC/Sonics went four years with a ground up rebuild trading away all good players and drafting. I think they are the best example in recent years of doing it without dipping into the free agent pool with a big contract.

Sixers are trying to duplicate that model but the reason I think it will take longer is they seem to be drafting with no real purpose and a mix mash of guys who don't seem to fit. They have this idea of an all athletic team with length and size... but drafting guys that way they are raw and will take long to develop, and by the time one is developed, he's due for a payday, and you're not sure whether to lock him into a high dollar extension because you're not sure he fits long term. Just see early to mid 2000s Clippers for the same mold of rebuild type of players and how I see this ending up.

Again, Durant in that draft was far more of a sure thing than anything the 6ers have had a shot at in like ever. OKC/SEA sucked at the PERFECT time and got into a fantastic position to take one of Durant/Oden. Using them as an example of how long a rebuild should take is silly because they're an outlier in terms of lucking into a dominant player.

blahblahyoutoo
07-10-2014, 05:04 PM
I thought he was from China.
Or do u mean Harvard?

Chrisclover
07-10-2014, 08:50 PM

It's an extremely risky move to keep 2 injured bigs. It's gonna be win or bust.

mightybosstone
07-10-2014, 08:54 PM
:laugh: This is ********. I have no doubt that Morey and Hinkie have some kind of trade in place, but nobody else is reporting it. And the source this guy used is totally bogus. I know, because I used to write for Dream Shake and most of the guys who write for the site are hacks with no journalism experiences whatsoever.

I'll believe this when a halfway reputable source starts saying it.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Or do u mean Harvard? Madison Square Garden.

Blitzace137
07-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Or do u mean Harvard?

At least try to hide your racism a bit more your making it obvious.

Kashmir13579
07-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Or do u mean Harvard?

At least try to hide your racism a bit more your making it obvious. He's from California too lmfao

TrueFan420
07-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Or do u mean Harvard?

Yea you do know that he was born in LA